Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-58 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 58 Thursday, 27 February 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Back to the Front! (Starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd) Re: TMBG: Unreleased songs????? TMBG: TMBG Australian Tour TMBG: Greek #3 TMBG: kilts TMBG: burgers TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates TMBG: I need your help please! =) TMBG: Another CD... TMBG: Another CD: **correction** TMBG: Factory Showroom Lyric Book--Where's Mine? Re: TMBG: I need your help please! =) TMBG: Anyone have a time machine? Re: TMBG: Cowtown, cowtown, cowtown. TMBG: Greek #3 Re: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In Re: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates RE: TMBG: kilts TMBG: Greek3 Re: TMBG: burgers RE: TMBG: Greek #3 Re: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT TMBG: Number Three and Greek #3 Re: TMBG: Greek #3 RE: TMBG: Unreleased songs????? Re: TMBG: Number Three and Greek #3 Re: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K trade-o-rama TMBG: Greek #3 Re: TMBG: Greek #3 TMBG: weep day Re: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates Re: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates Re: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT Re: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT TMBG: Irving Plaza CDs - PLEASE READ IF INTERESTED a question and Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH TMBG: Another TMBG dream! Non TMBG: MST number Re: TMBG: Number Three and Greek #3 TMBG: The (wedding) Bells Are Ringing! Again! Re: Non TMBG: MST number TMBG: DAS and everything else I forgot the last two times I posted this hour TMBG: IP CDs, PLEASE READ again... Re: TMBG: The (wedding) Bells Are Ringing! Again! Re: TMBG: Another TMBG dream!/tmbg.org-ack! TMBG: hello TMBG: IP CD, Final Note... RE: TMBG: Another TMBG dream! Re: TMBG: I need your help please! =) TMBG: Cards -- Just a reminder TMBG: Re: Sorry bout that TMBG: computers and They TMBG: Tape trees -- a clarification! TMBG: They Might Be Science (PART DEUX) Re: TMBG: ANYONE NEAR ME??!?!! TMBG:Then:TEY is orderable Re: TMBG: computers and They TMBG: Wasting time........ TMBG: Clarissa Re: TMBG: computers and They NONTMBG:Those Darn Cards (Ignore if not interested) TMBG: Tentative IP CD Contents... TMBG: Hey, you! OMLT info for the 23rd time Re: TMBG: Anyone have a time machine? TMBG: LINNELL GETS MARRIED! (and fave das) Re: TMBG: Wasting time........ Re:NON- TMBG: KTMA fun... Re: TMBG: Wasting time........ Re: TMBG: The (wedding) Bells Are Ringing! Again! Re: TMBG: Wasting time........ Re: TMBG: computers and They Re: TMBG: computers and They TMBG: The Weddings Of They: Whistling 'Here Comes The Bride' Re: TMBG: computers and They Re: TMBG: Re: The Guitar? TMBG: Linnell's getting married! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 01:15:15 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Back to the Front! (Starring Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd) Message-ID: On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Matthew James wrote: > Now I hear all this talk about 'lefties' and 'righties', what category > does all of this fit under? I mean, they say the hand you write with is > the hand that you are, is this how you all are going? I must join the > 'lefties' then, but I can play a mean game of tennis right handed, > course I can't play air hockey worth crap right handed, but anybody > wanna play ping pong, I'll play ya with either hand, my only > ambidextrous activity! Whoo (I play pool left handed, but I'm not that > great so ya'll can probably beat the crap outta me. > Matt > Ah ha! I'm not the only weirdo! Like Matt, I'm one of those strange folks who use different hands for different stuff (um....wait, that didn't sound quite right....oh, get your minds out of the gutter! :) Anyway, yeah, my right hand is dominant for some stuff, such as writing, but then again, I eat with my left hand. I also throw a Frisbee left-handed, but I catch them in my right hand if I can help it. I dunno. I'm just all messed up. TMBG content: My friend just got her copy of the TMBG Video Bootleg Vol. 2 in the mail the other day. I borrowed it today when I should have been doing my statistics homework (if I would have done it then, I'd be sleeping by now). Oh well, a sleepless night of sadistics--uh, statistics, that is-- is the price I pay for John and John. Anyway, I loved the British Flood and A18 promos! I liked other stuff too, but I'm too tired to be coherent. Oh, what the hell, I loved it all (aside from some technical glitches, but I'm not picky. You can't be when you live in Nebraska and never get to see Them actually *moving* except on TV). OK, I'm going to go to bed now. --Tara -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 03:39:18 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970226034254.254782d8@postoffice.yorku.ca> From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: Re: TMBG: Unreleased songs????? At 14:55 2/23/97 -0500, TmbgManiac@aol.com wrote: >Does anybody know any web sites where you can download unreleased TMBG songs? At this moment, Mr. Flippy's Red Light Fun Time Party Hour is featuring a live version of "They Got Lost" in the TMBG sound gallery at http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy/ Live unreleased songs that were up previously include "Older" and "Reprehensible", and although they are no longer on the page, they can be obtained by asking me very very nicely. Alex ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 00:54:12 +0700 From: petery7@ozemail.com.au (Peter Young) Subject: TMBG: TMBG Australian Tour Hey, all Sydneysiders, I will be attending the Sun 23rd show. Unfortunately, I promised to DJ a friends 21st on the Sat. I am making tentative plans to go to the Canberra gig, so if there is anyone who would like to catch a lift with me and could help pay petrol, let me know. Could anyone in Canberra please supply me with the phone no to get tickets, please?? Also, does anyone have an idea of when TMBG will arrive in Sydney?? I think I would have a better chance of autographs and pictures at the airport! ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199702261502.KAA22144@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Greek #3 Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:02:43 -0500 (EST) Over 100 downloads already and no comments? Someone must have an opinion on the new material. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:17:24 +0100 Message-Id: <97022612172375@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: kilts maybe you should start a pressure group to see the John's legs. ------------------------------ From: ss5bayvs@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:20:24 +0100 Message-Id: <97022612202399@cr47c.staffs.ac.uk> Subject: TMBG: burgers Why take offence Stasi? It's not like it was a personnal attack on you just a reflection on the nutritional content of said "food". It wasn't as if I wrote STASI'S MCWORM BURGERS ARE MADE OF POO. ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702261813.AA26478@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:13:05 -0500 (EST) Tue 8 Recreation Center - Trenton, NJ Wed 9 The Ritz - Raleigh, NC Mon 14 328 Performance Hall - Nashville, TN Tue 15 Alumni Hall - Richmond, VA Wed 16 Performance Music Hall - Nashville, TN Fri 18 Western Maryland College - Westminister, MD Sat 26 Kenyon College - Gambier, OH The question is why would they split up the Nashvlle shows to go all the way up to Richmond just to go back down again? over and out, -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:19:17 -0400 (EDT) From: CORT Subject: TMBG: I need your help please! =) Message-id: <01IFVFU0NWZMCRKT2H@TIGER.UOFS.EDU> Hi TMBGer's! I was wondering if any of you could please help me! I was having a hard time labeling some of my bootlegs, would any of you happen to know the following: The venue of the 3/31/96 show in Madison, WI? The date of TMBG Live from the Alachua Music Fest Gainesville, FL? The date of TMBG live from the Milkbar Jacksonville, FL? (Sorry, I know I've already asked the latter 2 questions, but I need to know again!) Also, did anyone out there (Josh, Alex?) happen to get a setlist from the *second* half of the 2/21 Irving Plaza show? I got the first half, I'm on a quest to make my list complete! =) If you have the answer to any of the above questions (or if ya simply want to say hi!), please email me, I'd love to hear from you! =) Thanks bunches and have a They day! sun and smiles cortney http://academic.uofs.edu/student/ck8 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970226183357.007657e0@mail.vt.edu> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:33:57 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: Another CD... Okay, folks. While being totally overshadowed by the IP project, I have a little project of my own that I've started putting together. As I'm sure all of you web-capable people know, there are many little not-so-official songs and sounds floating around out there on peoples' pages, and I don't know about the rest of you but I tend to stockpile them. Since I've got nearly 30 minutes worth already, I've decided that it's worth the ten bucks to make an audio CD with all these little tidbits. Now, I don't want to make a huge production out of this, but if anyone has a TMBG sound clip or knows where some neat ones are, please take a moment to dump 'em on my anonymous FTP site: ftp://electra.foo.org/tmbg/ If you want a copy of this thing when it's done (or if you can't access the FTP site and want to mail me a file) email me with the keyword "TMBGWAV" in the subject line. * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Throw off those chains of Reason and your prison disappears." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970226183915.00765f00@mail.vt.edu> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:39:15 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: Another CD: **correction** Sorry! That FTP address was wrong. It should be: ftp://electra.foo.org/pub/tmbg * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Throw off those chains of Reason and your prison disappears." ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:36:38 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: TMBG: Factory Showroom Lyric Book--Where's Mine? Message-ID: Ben or Been here. I wrote to the info club months upon months ago and have yet to receive any material claiming to be a lyric book. Is their any more privileged or special way to get ahold of it? I want mine. Is this just another info-club-related delay? Why are small businesses so slow? I would think that the info club and the Hello Club would not have that much busy time. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not. But, whatever the case, might I expect my lyric book soon? Thanks for letting me vent, Ben or Been ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:49:23 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: I need your help please! =) Message-ID: > The date of TMBG Live from the Alachua Music Fest Gainesville, FL? october 4,1996 > > The date of TMBG live from the Milkbar Jacksonville, FL? > october 5, 1996 they only played four songs :(... mike/shoehorn with teeth ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970226190044.006a9034@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:00:44 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Anyone have a time machine? >PLAYING ON MY IMAGINARY HEAD: > >Puppet Head >and still WHICH DESCRIBES HOW YOU'RE FEELING > >SOMEONE SHOOT ME NOW!!!!! Hee hee... could be worse. Ask me about the time I had "Waltzing Matilda" stuck in my head for two days straight. (Answer: it was torture, especially towards the end of the second day) >>But you know, those nylons can pinch in the most innappropriate >>places... >SO you're saying because i don't choose to wear skirts, and because i would >resoundedly pummel any male who did whom i knew personally, i'm oppressive? >I'm no homophobe, but i think that is just a call for attention. There is >nothing comfortable to the male body about tights, or nylons. Beleive me, i >was a road cyclist for 2 years, and those tights are not happy things. You lovable kumquat, you. What makes you think that there's anything comfortable to the *female* body about tights and/or nylons? As a bona fide actual real live female, I can assure you that nylons were invented by a misogynistic sadist. (Ladies, back me up here.) You think we *enjoy* wearing ludicrous outfits designed for physically impossible specimens of humanity and watching you guys saunter around in your comfy suits? Oh, yes, because you asked--yes, I do consider your threat of physical violence against somebody who doesn't agree with you to be just a tad oppressive. Now on to the TMBG content of this post: I just finished writing a C program that tests a string (heck, a file) to see if it's a palindrome or not. Guess which song I had running through my head? This leads me to one inescapable conclusion--there is a TMBG song to fit every occasion. (The people unfortunate enough to live in my dorm can personally attest to this fact, since I love TMBG and I love to sing.) Secondly: I got a new future roommate yesterday. (I'm moving off campus next year, into a house with two other (TMBG-lovin') friends, and yesterday we added a third Gianthead to the list.) One of my first questions was, of course, "Have you ever heard of the music group They Might Be Giants?" (a prerequisite for living with me) She answered with a resounding YES! and added (and this is the odd part) that TMBG played in Davis two years ago! "This", said Nicole TWN to herself, "is a most odd occurrence. I didn't know they'd played Davis." Any of you Sac or Bay Area fans know? Is it true? And if so, can I borrow someone's time machine? --nicole the wonder nerd *Hey! If they played Davis in the past, mebbe they'll COME BACK! Whoo-hoo!* *** "I resemble only half the things I say I don't. The other half resemble me." --James Thurber Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:20:29 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199702261920.LAA22456@f4.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: Cowtown, cowtown, cowtown. >Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 14:20:29 -0800 >From: "Sr. Extopalopaketal" >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Cowtown, cowtown, cowtown. >The Moogmeister wrote: >States to my knowledge, and if it's from the alpha edition then thats >closer to $450.> > >If anyone EVER pays any amount of money for our TMBG cards, much less >$450, it is a sure sign that the apocalypse is upon is. > >But that's not why i wrote! First of all, for the "They songs that sound >vaguely like other people's songs", i nominate the intro to Cowtown as >sounding much like a warped version of the intro to Blister in the Sun by >the Violent Femmes. They've both got the same off-beat syncopation. And >they're both about masturbation. HUH? >Oh wait, sorry, cowtown isn't about masturbation! :) I Didn't think so. Oh I hope not. >-I think. Oh dear. Well, make up your mind. Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ######################################################### "Give me a kiss, sweetie, for I am off to save the planet." John Linnell to me (I wish) "We're the Spice Girls. It's good to be back. All fucking right!" John Flansburgh * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Greek #3 Message-ID: <19970226.142143.4446.0.jenifer.stewart@juno.com> From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:21:28 EST Okay, I just dowloaded Greek #3 off the web site (thanks, Leo)and all I can say is....WOW. It's kinda odd, but I love it!! It's not what I expected. I must say that I haven't heard many Greek people speak the language but Linnell sounds great. Someone in an earlier post mentioned that Linnell's pronunciation was a little off. Does anyone on the list speak Greek? What does everyone else think? Jen (me, not the other one) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702261931.OAA20062@ginger.vnet.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:32:04 EST From: The Chair is Not my Son Subject: Re: TMBG: "Perfect Timing" or "How I Could Have Been Killed In ** Reply to note from "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Wed, 26 Feb 1997 00:03:08 -0500 (EST) Moo... > this is what I'm telling all of you now. If the CD idea is at all > conceivable, I will be happy to send a copy of the show to the person in > charge, but I don't feel like making a bunch of dubs at this moment. Sorry What about offering it as a seed? That way, somebody else gets to do the dubbing; you make one copy (or even none, if you don't mind sending your original off) yet many others benefit. Carl, who has received all of =two= favorable replies to the tree suggestion, =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t =] This is the last song; [h ] go home now and rest And we're never gonna tour again [e =] --Mystery Box --They Might Be Giants [r ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702261940.OAA20131@ginger.vnet.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:40:18 EST From: The Chair is Not my Son Subject: Re: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates ** Reply to note from mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:13:05 -0500 (EST) Oy... > The question is why would they split up the Nashvlle shows to go all the > way up to Richmond just to go back down again? The question is, where did you get this info? As of 1430 today (Wednesday the 26th) it's not on tmbg.com or Pollstar... where is your secret info feed, and can I "git me some?" :) Assuming you didn't just make these up to play with our heads... Raleigh??? Yeah! [tentative really big grin] From North Carolina ("Mmm, hog waste!"), =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t =] This is the last song; [h ] go home now and rest And we're never gonna tour again [e =] --Mystery Box --They Might Be Giants [r ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:03:11 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199702262003.MAA25687@f21.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: RE: TMBG: kilts >>I dare John and John to wear kilts. Publicly. >>blooey (Short for Bluething) > >Uh, first you have to dare Them on a channel They listen to... Heh... >(: > >Jesse >> 1. I tried leaving that message on the Info Club machine. No dice. 2. Therefore, if anyone ever meets up with them or can get a message to them, I OFFICIALLY dare Them to wear kilts in public. Stasi PS- This is a joke, BTW. Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ######################################################### "Give me a kiss, sweetie, for I am off to save the planet." John Linnell to me (I wish) "We're the Spice Girls. It's good to be back. All fucking right!" John Flansburgh * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:05:21 -0500 (EST) From: Nathan Smith Subject: TMBG: Greek3 Message-ID: I got the Greek3.wav from tmbg.org and it is pretty cool. Although I am wondering what background the Johns are. Are they German (polkas), or Greek (Greek3), or what? Also what religion are they? ---===Nathan ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:13:05 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199702262013.MAA02536@f6.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: burgers >Why take offence Stasi? It's not like it was a personnal attack on you just >a reflection on the nutritional content of said "food". Hey, I was just kidding. I know bloody well what's in McDonald's food. It lacks any nutritional value. I take my lunch to work for a reason. >STASI'S MCWORM BURGERS ARE MADE OF POO. Well...that's awfully close to the truth, IMHO. (Maybe I'm just sick of the smell of them. Hmmm..."wormburgers" may be accurate.) May They be with you Anastasia Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ######################################################### "Give me a kiss, sweetie, for I am off to save the planet." John Linnell to me (I wish) "We're the Spice Girls. It's good to be back. All fucking right!" John Flansburgh * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Greek #3 Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:14:47 -0800 >---------- >From: Leo Bicknell[SMTP:bicknell@ufp.org] >Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 1997 7:02 AM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org; alt-music-tmbg@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Greek #3 > > > Over 100 downloads already and no comments? Someone >must have an opinion on the new material. Very nice! Thanks! I've listened to it several times already. (: Jesse ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 26 Feb 97 15:22 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT >Strange thing was, they said that he actually almost wanted the South to >have slaves yet he is "Martin Van Buren, a former president and >abolitionist" I guess he's one of those compromising fools *grin* Maybe that's why the NPR version says "A former president and a waffler." :) Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:27:34 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Message-Id: <199702262027.PAA01474@vitaliy> Subject: TMBG: Number Three and Greek #3 Just in case you didn't know......(at least I think....) Greek #3 is actually "Number Three" off of the first album. I think that I remember reading somewhere that the John's instead of playing the vocal backwards actually learned from the backwards reels how to say the words backwards. So if you play Greek #3 backwards it's Them singing forward. In other words they're speaking backwards forward. Huh? drg ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:41:04 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Greek #3 Message-ID: I loved this! What would be funny is if someone who knows greek took Greek #3 and re translated it as literally as they can back into english! I saw this with an interview with Madonna that was in English, translated into Hungarian, then translated back into Englihs- it was a hoot! Anyhoo, this was a great service unto us, Leo! Thanks! _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Unreleased songs????? Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:47:35 -0800 >---------- >From: The Famous Mr. Klaw[SMTP:yu108533@YorkU.CA] >Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 1997 12:39 AM >To: TmbgManiac@aol.com; tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Unreleased songs????? > >At 14:55 2/23/97 -0500, TmbgManiac@aol.com wrote: >>Does anybody know any web sites where you can download unreleased TMBG >>songs? > >At this moment, Mr. Flippy's Red Light Fun Time Party Hour is featuring a >live version of "They Got Lost" in the TMBG sound gallery at >http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy/ Live unreleased songs that were up >previously include "Older" and "Reprehensible", and although they are no >longer on the page, they can be obtained by asking me very very nicely. > > Alex > *LAUGH* Everyone has GOT to check out his "Why Does The Sun Change" page at http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy/tmbg/thesun.html Hilarious. (: Jesse, who laughed for several minutes straight. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:58:33 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Number Three and Greek #3 Message-ID: On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, David Gonzalez wrote: > Just in case you didn't know......(at least I think....) > > Greek #3 is actually "Number Three" off of the first album. > I think that I remember reading somewhere that the John's > instead of playing the vocal backwards actually learned > from the backwards reels how to say the words backwards. > > So if you play Greek #3 backwards it's Them singing forward. > Actually, Greek #3 is actually "Number Three" off of Truth and Sandwiches translated into Greek, with Linnell singing it in Greek. The Johns started this project several years ago as a joke (I think) and didn't finish it until recently, I guess...didn't They call it "the never ending project" or something funnier than that? The thing with Them singing backwards words is some other song that I can't remember- Guys? _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:02:05 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates Message-ID: On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, The Chair is Not my Son wrote: > The question is, where did you get this info? As of 1430 today > (Wednesday the 26th) it's not on tmbg.com or Pollstar... where is your > secret info feed, and can I "git me some?" :) > That's odd, because yesterday (25th) those dates were up there...they were way after the Australian and Japanes dates, though, so maybe you didn't go far enough...but alas, they don't come near me for a while yet... *sniff* _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:08:09 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K trade-o-rama Message-ID: To all you fun MiSTies to whom I alluded to trades of MST videos, I have a slight let down- I've already told some of you that I don't have the tapes on me right now, and probably won't until I go home for spring break (that's mid-march to the rest of yas)...In fact, I don't even know what is on the tapes (adventure, excitement!) and again, I won't until I get the tapes. Sorry for the slight inconvience, but when I _do_ have them and know what is on them, I'll post a message with a list (I have my e-mail at home, too, so no delay!). Sorry all! _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:13:09 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226161210_1282426612@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Greek #3 From the Then: liner notes: "The Greek pronounciation in Greek #3 by Mr. Linnell (who claims to be one-eighth Hellenic) was characterized by one Greek native as 'crappy.'" And later: "Greek Translation on Greek #3 by Chris Lawrence." Love, Brooks. ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:32:12 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226163122_620398948@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Greek #3 What is the URL for Greek #3? Joel STILL playing WHICH DESCRIBES HOW YOU"RE FEELING AND PUPPET HEAD ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702262148.AA26664@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: weep day Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:48:37 -0500 (EST) I thought I'd just weep openly on the list. I will be overseas while Moxy Fruvous *and* Erasure are in the U.S. and I'll be back in America when they get to the U.K. I'm getting a bad draw here! Course I'll be having mucho fun so I really won't care but oh well, 2 of my favorite bands. I don't have as much to complain about as the Brits but the same thing goes for TMBG in England. Seems they got a raw deal there and I was oh so hoping to see the Johns in London. At least I'll catch em back here in Maryland. I have a question: Greek #3 is different than that funky #3 they played on the tape machine (as played on 2/21 at IP) right? It sounds like some tape machine Greek polka fest rhythm there. Anyone know? Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9702262152.AA26672@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:52:13 -0500 (EST) > Oy... > > > The question is why would they split up the Nashvlle shows to go all the > > way up to Richmond just to go back down again? > > The question is, where did you get this info? As of 1430 today > (Wednesday the 26th) it's not on tmbg.com or Pollstar... where is your > secret info feed, and can I "git me some?" :) Actually, I did make these dates up (or did I?) I've never been to Richmond, Nashville, Raleigh or any of those other southern cities before in my life, my life has been southernless. Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702262156.QAA22080@ginger.vnet.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:56:43 EST From: The Chair is Not my Son Subject: Re: TMBG: Looky at the new tour dates ** Reply to note from Queen Sneepy Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:02:05 -0500 (EST) Ut! > That's odd, because yesterday (25th) those dates were up there...they > were way after the Australian and Japanes dates, though, so maybe you > didn't go far enough...but alas, they don't come near me for a while > yet... *sniff* I went down, down, down to the bitter end and saw not a sign of 'em. Maybe the guy who's been moving the server around messed something up and restored an old backup that didn't have the new dates on it. Hold that tiger, =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t =] CD-go-Round: Dukes of Dixieland: Best of the DoD [h ] Preservation Hall Jazz Band: Best of PHJB <= [e =] Squirrel Nut Zippers: The Inevitable [r ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970226170102.006f99c8@popmail.voicenet.com> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:01:04 -0500 From: Jeff Morrow Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT > Maybe that's why the NPR version says "A former president and a >waffler." :) Actually, they don't. Martin Van Buren's comments remained the same it was actually "James Buchanon, a waffler," and not Martin Van Buren. =================================-----Jeff-Morrow-----====================== ============ jmorow@voicenet.com They Might Be Bootlegs @ http://www.voicenet.com/~jmorrow/tmbg/boot.html ============================================================================ ============ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 26 Feb 97 17:08 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG TIDBIT > >> Maybe that's why the NPR version says "A former president and a >>waffler." :) > >Actually, they don't. Martin Van Buren's comments remained the same it was >actually "James Buchanon, a waffler," and not Martin Van Buren. Doh! Ooops. Jeez, I guess I'll have to go hide in a corner now... Thanks for putting me back in my snail shell- Kirsten ;) -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970226171327.0083e210@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:13:27 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Irving Plaza CDs - PLEASE READ IF INTERESTED Alright, here's the whole story: A while ago I expressed intrest in having one or more of the Irving Plaza shows put on CD. Several other people agreed and one person (who wishes to remain anonymous) agreed to do the actual recording of the CDs. The idea for the format so far is thus: the CD will include live tracks of the first part of IP 21 show, in it's entirety (J&J&Drum Machine) plus some of the older songs that they played during the full band part, live tracks of new songs (for upcoming album) from IP Valentines Day concert, and (in remaining space) miscellanious tracks from the standard live set (FS songs, and other old favorites). The number of songs in this last part is subject to how much space is left on the CD (74 minutes total). I am having a poll of Listees about what songs they want to have for this section. All songs will be from the Valentines Day or 2/21 Irving Plaza shows, so don't request something that wasn't played. There will only be one CD unless there is a great demand for a longer, 2 CD set. The CD will be released in limited edition, so only 10-15 copies will be made at this time (More may be made later). It will cost (tentatively) $20. The wait for delivery may be from 2-4 weeks (tentative). People who are seriously interested in this should e-mail me saying so (considering the price, delivery, and number of copies available). There may be some legal issues, but keep in mind that NO ONE is making a profit from this. The cost covers the cost of the CD-R and postage ONLY. Finally, I will need to find the best recording for writing the CDs. The CD will inlude some tracks from Valentines Day and some from 2/21 (see above). If you taped the show e-mail me and I will give you further instructions. That's all. I probably said something I didn't mean up there, so consider this the IP CD FAQ, version 1.0 -Evan Chakroff -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3314D34D.6FDE@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:20:29 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: a question and Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: MST3K and KITH The Notorious R.O.B wrote: > > Ok. Kids in the hall is funny. Now that I have that point across, I have a > question. Does anyone remember The State? It was probably one of the few > quality shows that ever left the MTV executives. I remember that it was > often compared to KITH in it's time, but I had never heard of KITH. So > anyway, what happened to the state, I found it extremely funny, and for > some reason I have this weird sense that Bruce was on it, but I think > that's not true. > > Moving on to MST3K, I got my fan club letter and card (which I laminated, > #77477) today and I feel unfullfilled only seeing 4 episodes of the most > current series. I am looking for an individual who has some older episodes > (specifically MANOS and Mitchell, as I have heard these are quite good.) I > have nothing to offer but my extremmely extensive collection of They > bootlegs. So please, if you have any MST3K on tape, even from this season, > (excluding the mole people one, which I got.) please respond. Becasue I'm > desperate, and I may leave the basement if I run out of ideas. > > Rob "Two Phones" Grabill, MSTie# 77477 X X > > > gonk@valley.net ^ > http://www.geocities.com/Paris/1941/ ||||||||| > > "We're the Spice Girls! It's Great to be Back! All Fucking Right!" > -John Flansburgh > > > > Me, me. me!!!! I have both and could possibly tape them for you!!!! Alright, somebody on the list has a higher number than me. Mine is 72305. I also remeber the State, especially the one w/ the president assaisnation threat thing. Anyways, what are these cards everyone is talking about? I've been off the list for a couple months and seemed to have missed something. Blink ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 26 Feb 97 17:18 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: Another TMBG dream! I've decided that TMBG dreams come in pairs or something, because I've had another one. In this one, I was watching a concert with my dad when I was suddenly called up onstage. Apparently I'd somehow won the privilege of being onstage during a TMBG concert. I think I was playing the triangle or some such instrument. I was so excited! I could see all my friends in the audience and I was waving at them and everything. Afterward, I was allowed to go backstage with the band, and I was wandering around getting their autographs. Here's where it gets weird. All the band members had the same names, but they looked different. Flans was the only one who looked the way he looks in real life - Linnell looked like Flans w/out glasses, and the rest of 'em looked like no one I even know. Anyway, I was wandering around, and I found Eric Schermerhorn typing on a computer. It was then revealed to me that Jesse, our so-called card-coordinator, is really ERIC SCHERMERHORN IN DISGUISE!! That was quite the shocking revelation. Then Flans got mad at me because I ate all the grapes except for the brown squishy ones, and the only other food was some old, chewy popcorn. So I was sitting in a corner feeling sorry for myself, when Flans started singing "Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads. I amazed him by joining in and singing the rest of the song with him. He thought it was really cool that I knew that song, so we were friends again. I think that's when I woke up. What's really odd about this dream is that I've only heard "Psycho Killer" maybe twice in my life, and I couldn't sing *any* of it to you, except maybe the "can't sleep, bed's on fire" part. I guess it must all be stored up in my brain somewhere. Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3314D4E8.7570@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:27:20 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: Non TMBG: MST number Queen Sneepy wrote: > > On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, The Notorious R.O.B wrote: > > > Moving on to MST3K, I got my fan club letter and card (which I laminated, > > #77477) today and I feel unfullfilled only seeing 4 episodes of the most > > current series. I am looking for an individual who has some older episodes > > (specifically MANOS and Mitchell, as I have heard these are quite good.) I > > have nothing to offer but my extremmely extensive collection of They > > bootlegs. So please, if you have any MST3K on tape, even from this season, > > (excluding the mole people one, which I got.) please respond. Becasue I'm > > desperate, and I may leave the basement if I run out of ideas. > > > Gosh, I feel so...old fannish...my MiSTie number is 14672, and I keep > seeing these numbers in the 70,000's...yeek! > > _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu Well, as I stated in my earlier post, my number is pretty high since I started watching it in the second season and didn't join until last season. Blink ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:25:25 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226164710_1316147586@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Number Three and Greek #3 In "Which describes..." They talked backwards forewards and ran down the name of the parts of the arm... all the way from shoulder to the ring finger... It goes something along the lines of: "shoulder, bicep, elbow, arm, forearm, thumb, wrist (smooshed together so it almost sounds like thumrist), knuckle, palm, pinky, middle, index, ring... Dinner Bell, Dinner Bell, etc..." It's kinda interesting about where I got this... There are a series of books (THAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND) by William Poundstone call Big Secrets, Bigger Secrets, and More Big Secrets. and in practically each one Billy has a section devoted to backwards messages in songs and in Bigger Secrets (I THINK) Will did a section on Which Describes... I was amazed and informed at the same time! I was also surprised that someone would go so far as to put this in a book... Was he a Gianthead????? Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G ""Nobody does country music like us! 'Cause they wouldn't want to!" - TMBG Biting my nails till the 25th... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970226223419.006d5388@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:34:19 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: The (wedding) Bells Are Ringing! Again! Hidey-ho, everyone Just got back from the newsgroup, where I found this message: >Also, I don't know if this is news or not, but we were going to schedule >the interview fo this week, but had to postpone it because Linnell is >getting married. Guess we can put an end to the "Is Linnell seeing anyone?" thread... My heartiest congrats to John Linnell! (like he's reading this, or even cares...) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "I resemble only half the things I say I don't. The other half resemble me." --James Thurber Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:36:45 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: Non TMBG: MST number Message-ID: 56359 here. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, The Cowans wrote: > Queen Sneepy wrote: > > > > On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, The Notorious R.O.B wrote: > > > > > Moving on to MST3K, I got my fan club letter and card (which I laminated, > > > #77477) today and I feel unfullfilled only seeing 4 episodes of the most > > > current series. I am looking for an individual who has some older episodes > > > (specifically MANOS and Mitchell, as I have heard these are quite good.) I > > > have nothing to offer but my extremmely extensive collection of They > > > bootlegs. So please, if you have any MST3K on tape, even from this season, > > > (excluding the mole people one, which I got.) please respond. Becasue I'm > > > desperate, and I may leave the basement if I run out of ideas. > > > > > Gosh, I feel so...old fannish...my MiSTie number is 14672, and I keep > > seeing these numbers in the 70,000's...yeek! > > > > > _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu > Well, as I stated in my earlier post, my number is pretty high since I > started watching it in the second season and didn't join until last > season. > > Blink > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3314D6C4.77C@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:35:16 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: TMBG: DAS and everything else I forgot the last two times I posted this hour Okay, i got that really cool free phone card in the Frosted Mini Wheats box, want to record DAS, and forget how exactly the best way to go about this is. Any ideas? Also, back on the MST3K thing, does anyone have the KTMA episodes or the episode(second season) "Ring of Terror". I will trade, pay you, sell my soul, for them. Blink ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970226173751.008492f0@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:37:51 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: IP CDs, PLEASE READ again... Could whoever went to the shows send me (private email) the setlists from each night (try to be definate, and in order if possible) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 26 Feb 97 17:39 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: The (wedding) Bells Are Ringing! Again! >>Also, I don't know if this is news or not, but we were going to schedule >>the interview fo this week, but had to postpone it because Linnell is >>getting married. Okay ladies, we don't want any weeping or teeth gnashing or suicides, alright? Let's just all be (*sigh*) happy for the guy. ;) Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33148751.44CF@baka.com> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:56:17 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: Re: TMBG: Another TMBG dream!/tmbg.org-ack! > > I've decided that TMBG dreams come in pairs or something, because > I've had another one. I just wanted to say that that was a really strange dream, and TMBG related too. I wish I could have a TMBG dream some time. The closest thing I've ever had was a recent dream in which I met the lead singer of the meat puppets, only he was a fat bald guy who talked about how you should "always have love in your heart"(actual quote from the dream) and gave me a copy of the CD which had whirlpool on it, only whirpool was one of the two tracks and it was 46 minutes long, the other was 46 seconds long. And I've only heard one meat puppets song played by the meat puppets, not counting whirlpool and Nirvana's version of Lake Of Fire. Weird dream tip- I've never had a TMBG dream, but if you want to have bizarre dreams, listen to BNL's King of Bedside Manor right before going to sleep. It's worked for me twice in a row. Also, my computer keeps crashing when I load the tmbg.org main page. Is this happening to anyone else? It's frustrating to no end due to the fact that I really want to hear Greek No. Three. Though strangely, I can load other pages on tmbg.org, so if someone could post or mail me the exact URL of Greek Number Three, I would be most grateful. Have a nice day. -- "And what is the happy ending when the foot fits the shoe? And where are the knightly wending in the vast blasts of blue, Tracking up clean tomorrows in search of a bright today, Counting their well-worn sorrows in the hope they'll go away?" - Walt Kelly Jonah they Icky ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 05:52:22 -0800 From: Beaker Subject: TMBG: hello Message-id: <33144015.5981@uno.cc.geneseo.edu> Organization: Beaker's Laboratories Hi my name is Brian. I just wanted to say hi to eveyone on the list before they start wondering who the hell i am when i get a chance to write. I'll just tell eveyone some quick stuff about myself. 1)I'm a sophmore at SUNY Geneseo! 2)TMBG has been my favorite group since I was a sophmore in high school. 3)I am a comp sci major and a studio art major. 4)Hockey and Basketball rule! 5)You can call me either brian or beaker or even Chess Piece Face cuz it's a cool song. If anyone wants to know more just e-mail me at: bem99@uno.cc.geneseo.edu also visit my webpage at http://onesun.cc.geneseo.edu/~bem99/ it's not much, but i'm also a very busy person, before you view it you may wanna get the crescendo plugin if you don't already. just wanted everyone to know the newbie. brian(beaker) ps-I know a lot of people who hate the song chess piece face, am i like the only one who likes it? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970226175753.007af120@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 17:57:53 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: IP CD, Final Note... Oh yeah... whoever submits the best recording of the (either) show may get a signifigant discount on their copy of the CD. -ec -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Another TMBG dream! Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:09:25 -0800 >---------- >From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu[SMTP:kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu] >Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 1997 2:18 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Another TMBG dream! > > I've decided that TMBG dreams come in pairs or something, because >I've had another one. In this one, I was watching a concert with my dad >when I was suddenly called up onstage. Apparently I'd somehow won the >privilege of being onstage during a TMBG concert. I think I was playing >the triangle or some such instrument. I was so excited! I could see all >my friends in the audience and I was waving at them and everything. > Afterward, I was allowed to go backstage with the band, and I was >wandering around getting their autographs. Here's where it gets weird. >All the band members had the same names, but they looked different. Flans >was the only one who looked the way he looks in real life - Linnell looked >like Flans w/out glasses, and the rest of 'em looked like no one I even >know. Anyway, I was wandering around, and I found Eric Schermerhorn >typing on a computer. It was then revealed to me that Jesse, our >so-called card-coordinator, is really ERIC SCHERMERHORN IN DISGUISE!! YOU'VE FOUND ME OUT!!! NOW I MUST KILL YOU! (: Although, I still can't figure out how I manage to be in two places on opposite sides of the country at once.... *thinking very hard* >That was quite the shocking revelation. Was even more shocking for me, let me tell you! (: > Then Flans got mad at me because >I ate all the grapes except for the brown squishy ones, and the only other >food was some old, chewy popcorn. So I was sitting in a corner feeling >sorry for myself, when Flans started singing "Psycho Killer" by the >Talking Heads. I amazed him by joining in and singing the rest of the >song with him. He thought it was really cool that I knew that song, so we >were friends again. I think that's when I woke up. > > What's really odd about this dream is that I've only heard "Psycho >Killer" maybe twice in my life, and I couldn't sing *any* of it to you, >except maybe the "can't sleep, bed's on fire" part. I guess it must all >be stored up in my brain somewhere. > >Kirsten *music from Psycho playing in the background* "Hello? Mother? It's me, Norman. Yes, mother, I'll take care of the girl." (: Jesse, who never intended for this post to get so...morbid? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702262313.SAA00394@nfs1.jvnc.net> From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: Re: TMBG: I need your help please! =) Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 18:25:10 -0500 > The venue of the 3/31/96 show in Madison, WI? Barrymore Thtr. > The date of TMBG Live from the Alachua Music Fest Gainesville, FL? 10/04/96 > The date of TMBG live from the Milkbar Jacksonville, FL? 10/5/96 These questions (and many others) can be answered by viewing the They Might Be Giants concertography at http://udel.edu/~spike/concert.html harlan ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: TMBG: Cards -- Just a reminder Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 15:20:59 -0800 Just a reminder to check out the TMBG Card List at http://www.weblink.org/weblink/tmbg/ (Updated nightly!) (Well, weeknightly anyway) The Official "John-Jesse-John Photoshoot" card ------------------------------ From: C M Stanger Subject: TMBG: Re: Sorry bout that Message-Id: Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 23:33:46 +0000 () On Mon, 24 Feb 1997 15:34:46 -0500 (EST) Kamesennin@aol.com wrote: > Here is the same message I sent to a few people who sent me messages like > yours: > --- > Okay folks, here it comes: (And be aware that this is the last of it...) > > > The only point I wanted to make was that I can't stand people who strive to > make their sexual orientation known to the world. If you're gay, then you're > gay, and I have no problems with that, unless the only thing you are is gay, > i.e., you devote your time to making sure everyone around you knows your > preferance. I don't go around shouting about how I am "straight", so I don't > appreciate it when others do similar things. I know a few gay people. Until gay people are given the same political rights as straight people I think they have every reason to make their preferences known. After all, if we all keep quiet about the things that discriminate us, then nothing can ever change. > > > > All I ask is to end this here. You will never recieve another non-music > related message from me, as I, as much as you, don't want to read things like > this and my previous message. I made a mistake, and I am sorry. > > ::Sigh:: > -Kamesennin (Geoff) > > [this was the message I sent to the list. I agree with what you're saying, > and I want to apologise for not choosing my words carefully enough. I didn't > convey my meaning clearly enough, or at least not in the right way.] Fair enough then, but having said that I don't think that it is an issue that people should avoid discussing because things do need to change. This is why I felt the need to say my opinion too and perhaps this isn't best done on a music list but otherwise it'd be easy to avoid. chrissy x ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970227001030.00677f98@uc.campus.mci.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:10:30 -0500 From: Kelley Kent Subject: TMBG: computers and They >>3)I am a comp sci major and a studio art major. I know a lot of somebodies have written about how They fans are the ones "who program the computers," etc, in the now dead thread (Thank GOD!) about Geek fans. But out of curiosity, as I have seen quite a few mentions of people w/ programs due, who here is a CS major, or is planning on it? Since many responded to the Lefty-Righty thread, why not college majors? Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) 20 year old college MALE CS major P.S. I am actually coding a programming assignment RIGHT NOW! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702270043.TAA24409@ginger.vnet.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:44:18 EST From: The Chair is Not my Son Subject: TMBG: Tape trees -- a clarification! Hi, all! I see from re-reading my original post, and some conversations I've had by E-mail, that I made an assumption and therefore left out some important information. Tape trees, as I think of them, are =national= in scope (or even international). Tapes are exchanged by mail, unless some people on the tree happen to live right near each other and want to arrange for person-to-person exchanges. This means that it doesn't matter where you happen to live; for the cost of a tape, postage, and some bubble wrap you can get a decent tape without much trouble. I was going to put in some URLs for further info on tape trees, but AltaVista's beta Java search organizer broke my Netscape, so I won't. :) Go to any searcher and plug in "tape tree" and maybe "organize" or "faq" and you're sure to turn up something useful. There are many Grateful Dead and Phish fans who have been doing these for a long time. Again, I volunteer to organize any tree which develops. I do not have any seeds yet. =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t =] This is the last song; [h ] go home now and rest And we're never gonna tour again [e =] --Mystery Box --They Might Be Giants [r ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:52:13 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226194601_1282460674@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: They Might Be Science (PART DEUX) Here is another way I have used Them to help me in my Biology class. We are learning about mitosis and asexual reproduction. One of the phases of mitosis is called ANAPHASE. There are several phases, and I need to know what each one is. For ANAPHASE, I of course picked out the ANA as in ANA NG (my new fav). ANAPHASE is when the chromosomes go to opposite ends of the cell, to the poles (amazingly, a cell has the same terminology as the world). Besides the poles, the middle is also called the equator. Anyway, just like in ANA NG, when they are in They and ANA are in opposite ends of the world(globe), in ANAPHASE, the chromosomes are at opposite ends of the cells. Crazy? I think so! Joel NOW PLAYING IN MY IMAGINARY HEAD/CD CHANGER: ANA NG (I wonder why) still PUPPET HEAD THE GUITAR DON'T LET'S START Thank you and good night. ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 20:06:04 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226200257_-1875987611@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: ANYONE NEAR ME??!?!! The tape tree expert wrote: <<[People] happen to live right near each other and want to arrange for person-to-person exchanges >> I was wondering if anyone lived near me? I live in Yorktown, VA and was wondering if I could meet anyone to exchage tapes... It could save us both some postage... E-mail me privately if you live anywhere in the Newport nEws or Yorktown area AND have bootlegs to trade or copy... Miscellaneous Tim or TMB(do)G "I was running Mary..." - The Connells ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3314E410.3CD7@mixcom.com> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:32:00 -0600 From: Matt Mantsch Subject: TMBG:Then:TEY is orderable Just thought I'd mention if someone hasn't yet that Then:The Earlier Years can be ordered from TMBG.com, it says to be released March 25th so I don't know if they won't send it till then or what, but it's there -- VooDoo Ben MattM@Mixcom.com--www.geocities.com/area51/vault/6708/SYSTEM.htm 25 Hours a day--6 Days a week --- " And the cow says: MOOOooooo! " (Fisher-Price See & Say) --- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:21:03 -0800 From: Beaker Subject: Re: TMBG: computers and They Message-id: <331462EE.235C@uno.cc.geneseo.edu> Organization: Beaker's Laboratories Sorry I made a mistake yes I still am a comp sci major but only a minor in art. Brian. > > >>3)I am a comp sci major and a studio art major. > > I know a lot of somebodies have written about how They fans > are the ones "who program the computers," etc, in the now > dead thread (Thank GOD!) about Geek fans. But out of > curiosity, as I have seen quite a few mentions of people w/ > programs due, who here is a CS major, or is planning on it? > > Since many responded to the Lefty-Righty thread, why not > college majors? > > Kelley Kent (kkent@uc.campus.mci.net) > 20 year old college MALE CS major > > P.S. I am actually coding a programming assignment RIGHT NOW! ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: Wasting time........ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 19:26:04 -0600 Message-ID: <19970227012600944.AAB259@ppp176.baraboo.com> Ok, this is really stupid... but i thought of something to add to the survey.. number of times posted to list... thisis stupid, but i'm bored. I just tried to find out, and messed up at 93... and i estimated and i think it is from 110-120 posts from me. Thats not too many considering i've been on the list for almost a year and a half (lurking for a whopping half year!) -Watyt, Wyatt, Ttyaw, Wtaty, whatever.... "Hey... they did that one song.. like 'Welcome to istambul doo doo doo' or something.. right?" -Stupid kid #4,636 at my school.. it took him 52 seconds to read the shirt..... world tour 2040.. so nice big letters.. i mean to read the front.... and i think i died.. then he died... then the world blew up... then we floated into space... and i didnt die..... and i hit an Intergalactic Mothership (tm), and I blew it up... and Dark Vapor used the spork...and i died.. then i was dead..... and i was dead..... and i was still dead... and i was still dead... and i was still dead... and i was still dead... and i was still dead...and i was _still_ dead... and still... and STILL!!!!.. and then i started babbaling...... and if you are still reading....... get a life.... or dont...... dont get a death..... why do you drive on parkways and park on driveways?..... whats 1+1+2+3+4+1+3+2... daarrr..... why are you still reading?..... i wonder how many "...."'s i used...... hey... lets go jump off a plane... or not.... i jumped out of a plane... really.. i did... i mean it.. really..... i mean it.... come on...... well..... ............................................. sorry if this annoyed you a lot..... stop reading now........ you must be truly bored (and ditto for me typing).... soo........ i killed a man once... shut up! i did to.... well.. maybe not.... i should probably do homework.. naahhhhh.. schools gonna be cancelled... thats good... i get a 4 day weekend.... school has to be cancelled..... they even talked about "if school is cancelled" on the announcemments...... look here.. a sideways !... -. or _. ..... you must be amazed.. wanna hear a joke?.... ok... three guys walk into a bar... and they die... funny!..hahahahahahaha... why arnt you laughing.... why are you still reading.... i drank a while MEGA BUDDY in one hour... it's like a liter and 1/2 of soda...... hey.. the a-team is on!... go murdock! go!..... hmm.. i wonder if i'm gonna keep going like this..... you REALLY have no life....... i will e-mail you an official no life certificate...... it certifies that you have no life and have nothing better to do then read a page of junk........ hmm... maybe i'll state every amendmant on the constitution... naahhh.... "My uncle's brother had this insulating on his house once" - ACTUAL QUOTE FROM A KID IN MY SCHOOL!...... "those overalls look dumb...." -someone "They came all the way from way down in duck bay, south dakota!" pointing to the duck bay tag - same hick-boy..... "i went buuuu huuunin... i shaaa me a buuu.. ih waaa fiteeeh feee" -the same hick kid.. in his look i'm cool hunting voice where you can recognize 1/1000 of the words.. translation ( i had to ask him to say it more clearly) "i went bow hunting, and i shot a buck, it was 15 feet long!"..... hicks are stupid.. the ironic part is they dont think they are "rednecks" and get a kick out of all the redneck jokes..... i have 150 disks and 400 pieces of paper/plastic/cardboard thrown all over my deak.... and the cover is off my computer... this is fun.... i should scan a picture of this desck in sometime... BTW.. i'm wearing my tmbg skull shirt in the yearbook...... nobody will ever notice.. i'll stop right now.... i'll stop.. bye.. you read the whole thing!! CONGRATS!!! sorry about that... ------------------------------ From: DarkKnigtX@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 20:39:57 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226203931_1481779789@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Clarissa Ooooooh, Clarissa explains it all... Melissa Joan Hart... Oooo... :) On the show, there is a TMBG poster on the wall in Clarissa's room to the right of the window (when facing it.) It is kind of hard to see, because it is often angled down (the roof is slanted or something) but this is it's location. Happy hunting. DarkKnight ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 20:57:13 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: computers and They Message-ID: On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Kelley Kent wrote: > Since many responded to the Lefty-Righty thread, why not > college majors? > Ooh, what fun! Well, I'll be the first to post on a potentially extensive thread- I'm an English Major and hopefully, if the credits fall correctly, a Certificate in Medieval Studies. That's right folks, I'm a loser! _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 20:59:56 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226201224_-1875983193@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: NONTMBG:Those Darn Cards (Ignore if not interested) Here's one more for Jesse. #928 Hidden camera shot of NBC Executives with J&J You can change the # Joel http://members.aol.com/yoel97 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970226210842.0083cb50@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:08:42 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Tentative IP CD Contents... Ok, many MANY people have emailed saying they want a copy, so I figured I'd post a tentative list of tracks for the CD. Tentative because I haven't counted up time or anything and I have no idea if this will all fit or how much space will be left, but here goes anyway: (scream if I left out your fav song; all the "new" and "old" ones are included) Key: * = 2/21 , + = 2/14 (Songs that segue into each other, I assume, will be made into one track on the disc) (in order) * Intro on DA88 * Cowtown * Puppet Head * Number 3 * Mr. Me * I'll Sink Manhattan * Shoehorn With Teeth * 32 Footsteps * You'll Miss Me * Hide Away Folk Family * Hotel Detective * Ana Ng * I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die * Cage and Aquarium * She's An Angel * Nothing's Going to Change My Clothes * Famous Polka (20 min silence :) (in order?) * Rhythm Section Want Ad * We're The Replacements * Spy w/ IANYB (in order, some cut out) + Older/SEXXY + I Am Not Your Broom + Rat Patrol + Lie Still Little Bottle + On The Drag + Counterfeit Faker + Certain People + Reprehensible + They Got Lost + Goodbye Garage Rock (did they play this? what is it?) Alright, that's all the old ones and all the new ones. Idealy, I'd like to keep all these songs AND all the intros to these songs. As for other "Normal" songs (the ones they've been playing regularly on this tour), you guys should email me telling what other songs you want on it (must have been played at IP 14 or 21) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:21:53 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226212041_1481789701@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Hey, you! OMLT info for the 23rd time OK, folks. The Goddess is getting teed off by the ignorant masses who come flocking to her, pleading for OMLT info. This is the *LAST* time she will post anything about it until the voting is over, which is the end of the month, as far as she knows. OMLT design voting is taking place at Evan's site, http://omlt.home.ml.org. Nobody can order a shirt until a design is chosen. So, please... don't ask! (And go vote!) OMLT = Official Mailing List T-shirt. Price will probably be in the range of 8-12 dollars, depending on the # of design colors; the Goddess is too tired to type all the prices up again. It's $1.25 extra for XXL. When a design is chosen (NO, not now!!! Do *not* mail the Goddess about this! She bites when annoyed), she will start accepting final orders via e-mail. Until then, she will crawl back into her homework cave and finish the damn Willa Cather book which is making her so testy. --Christy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970227023204.006bb5c4@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:32:04 -0500 From: Perry Lee Subject: Re: TMBG: Anyone have a time machine? >You lovable kumquat, you. I'm not asking. I'm not asking. >What makes you think that there's anything >comfortable to the *female* body about tights and/or nylons? As a bona fide >actual real live female, I can assure you that nylons were invented by a >misogynistic sadist. (Ladies, back me up here.) You think we *enjoy* >wearing ludicrous outfits designed for physically impossible specimens of >humanity and watching you guys saunter around in your comfy suits? COMFY SUITS? No. No no no no no no no no. Suits are not comfortable, they're expensive and made of materials that are designed to annoy you. > >Oh, yes, because you asked--yes, I do consider your threat of physical >violence against somebody who doesn't agree with you to be just a tad >oppressive. Okay, i was in a bad move. But really i'm not oppressive. Those immigrants *like* minimum wage *just fine*. Right, Chico? ObTMBG: If any TMBG'ers are living in northern NJ, drop me a line. I need transpo to the trenton show on the 8th of something. zink random lines of "Fingertips" floating in my cerebrum * ------------------------------------------------------------ |whee. |I've got something, To help you understand...|whee.| * ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 22:01:46 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970226210501_718927674@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: LINNELL GETS MARRIED! (and fave das) FIRST OFF - BIG NEWS!!!! (I might be late with this but I am on the digest, so forgive me if I am..) From a.m.tmbg if you haven't seen it already... c'mon girls (and some of you guys too), we'll mourn together: >Also, I don't know if this is news or not, but we were going to >schedule the interview fo this week, but had to postpone it >because Linnell is getting married. His nuptials were news to >me, was this common knowledge 'round these parts? Oh dear..... :T Not to say he can't get married, but um... I'm sure I'm sorry... "Why Must I Be Sad?" >> I think my favorite DAS song is Next Plane to London, how >about yours? > >Oh by far, and I don't care if it's a cover, Concrete and Clay is >the best DAS I've ever heard! Ever ever ever! I agree - these 2 are tied for my absolute faves... :) "I'm on the next plane to london, leavin on runway nuber 5..and the concrete and the clay beneath my *feet*, da dada dada.." sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33151A9C.4DB5@swbell.net> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:24:44 -0800 From: Yarmaluke Organization: The Church of God the Utterly Indifferent Subject: Re: TMBG: Wasting time........ >-Watyt, Wyatt, Ttyaw, Wtaty, whatever.... "Hey... they did that one song.. like 'Welcome to istambul doo doo doo' or something.. right?" -Stupid kid #4,636 at my school.. it took him 52 seconds to read the shirt..... world tour 2040.. so nice big letters.. i mean to read the front.... and i think i died.. then he died... then the world blew up... then we floated into space... and i didnt die..... and i hit an Intergalactic Mothership (tm), and I blew it up... and Dark Vapor used the spork...and i died.. then i was dead..... and i was dead..... and i was still dead... and i was still dead... and i was still dead... and i was still dead... and i was still dead...and i was _still_ dead... and still... and STILL!!!!.. and then i started babbaling...... and if you are still reading....... get a life.... or dont...... dont get a death..... why do you drive on parkways and park on driveways?..... whats 1+1+2+3+4+1+3+2... daarrr..... why are you still reading?..... i wonder how many "...."'s i used...... hey... lets go jump off a plane... or not.... i jumped out of a plane... really.. i did... i mean it.. really..... i mean it.... come on...... well..... ............................................. sorry if this annoyed you a lot..... stop reading now........ you must be truly bored (and ditto for me typing).... soo........ i killed a man once... shut up! i did to.... well.. maybe not.... i should probably do homework.. naahhhhh.. schools gonna be cancelled... thats good... i get a 4 day weekend.... school has to be cancelled..... they even talked about "if school is cancelled" on the announcemments...... look here.. a sideways !... -. or _. ..... you must be amazed.. wanna hear a joke?.... ok... three guys walk into a bar... and they die... funny!..hahahahahahaha... why arnt you laughing.... why are you still reading.... i drank a while MEGA BUDDY in one hour... it's like a liter and 1/2 of soda...... hey.. the a-team is on!... go murdock! go!..... hmm.. i wonder if i'm gonna keep going like this..... you REALLY have no life....... i will e-mail you an official no life certificate...... it certifies that you have no life and have nothing better to do then read a page of junk........ hmm... maybe i'll state every amendmant on the constitution... naahhh.... "My uncle's brother had this insulating on his house once" - ACTUAL QUOTE FROM A KID IN MY SCHOOL!...... "those overalls look dumb...." -someone "They came all the way from way down in duck bay, south dakota!" pointing to the duck bay tag - same hick-boy..... "i went buuuu huuunin... i shaaa me a buuu.. ih waaa fiteeeh feee" -the same hick kid.. in his look i'm cool hunting voice where you can recognize 1/1000 of the words.. translation ( i had to ask him to say it more clearly) "i went bow hunting, and i shot a buck, it was 15 feet long!"..... hicks are stupid.. the ironic part is they dont think they are "rednecks" and get a kick out of all the redneck jokes..... i have 150 disks and 400 pieces of paper/plastic/cardboard thrown all over my deak.... and the cover is off my computer... this is fun.... i should scan a picture of this desck in sometime... BTW.. i'm wearing my tmbg skull shirt in the yearbook...... nobody will ever notice.. i'll stop right now.... i'll stop.. bye.. you read the whole thing!! CONGRATS!!! sorry about that... This was an extremely obnoxious and ungodly long signature. For awhile I was hoping that people could sorta police themselves (cuz who's gonna police the police?) when given the privilege to reach so many TMBG fans with their mail. Sigh. Yet another strike against my remaining idealism. Other people have kindly suggested guidelines or etiquette (no netiquette jargon here!) and it all boils down to this: 1. If you have something to say to one person, it is very easy to say it to one person. Personal conversations should be just that. 2. If you have a lot of free time on your hands and feel like blathering away about something or anything non TMBG-related, please do so to your goldfish, your shoes, a wall in your room, ANYWHERE but the 500 of us who end up with 100 messages of gibberish and broken pieces of conversations to sort through. This list has great value as a fan stuck in a fairly remote place, but it's hardly worth the hassle of x-tra long download times due to this crapola. Josh um...does anyone know who exactly Linnell is marrying? ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 22:34:05 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re:NON- TMBG: KTMA fun... Message-ID: On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, The Cowans wrote: > this is. Any ideas? Also, back on the MST3K thing, does anyone have the > KTMA episodes or the episode(second season) "Ring of Terror". I will > trade, pay you, sell my soul, for them. > Wow, I didn't know that anyone had heard of the KTMA, but I guess the fan base has grown since I originally got hooked on the show...A long, long time ago there was a minor tape tree of KTMA running about the Prodigy MST boards (ahh...those were the days...MST non-stop, and wars with the Monty Python boards!) but I dont' think the girl has them anymore or I'd try to find out for yas...Anyone else have any access to this stuff, because I'd be interested in it too...especially second season fun... Ah, "Ring of Terror" Crow during the dissection: "The aorta makes an excellent hand puppet!" _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702270402.WAA18358@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Wasting time........ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:57:12 -0600 > remote place, but it's hardly worth the hassle of x-tra long download > times due to this crapola. > > Josh > > > um...does anyone know who exactly Linnell is marrying? I didn't really enjoy downloading your long mail, that included a long quote. Mike "Nettiquette My Godforsaken Ass" Leffel P.S. I'm being, as always, sarcastic in a humourous way, ha ha, oh how funny that was I believe it's satire. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 22:56:25 -0500 (EST) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: Re: TMBG: The (wedding) Bells Are Ringing! Again! Message-ID: > >>Also, I don't know if this is news or not, but we were going to schedule > >>the interview fo this week, but had to postpone it because Linnell is > >>getting married. > > Okay ladies, we don't want any weeping or teeth gnashing or > suicides, alright? Let's just all be (*sigh*) happy for the guy. ;) > I'll just pop off and shoot myself now. Don't worry, I'll be very humane. > Kirsten > -- > "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." > Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu > *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* > ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: Wasting time........ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 22:12:10 -0600 Message-ID: <19970227041209348.AAA221@ppp176.baraboo.com> >This was an extremely obnoxious and ungodly long signature. For awhile I >was hoping that people could sorta police themselves (cuz who's gonna >police the police?) when given the privilege to reach so many TMBG fans >with their mail. Sigh. Yet another strike against my remaining >idealism. Other people have kindly suggested guidelines or etiquette (no >netiquette jargon here!) and it all boils down to this: Sorry about that.. it wasnt a .sig... i was extremely bored and i decided to start rambiling on a ton, ok, that was bad..... i was suprised how long it got..... sorry. I wasnt thinking about download times. i didnt think it would really mess anyone up, i mean there were no complaints when someone attached a file to the list.... Now, though, you were saying it's BAD for me to type all that in due to bandwith, etc.... yet you quote the whole thing again? double it? explain..... it was an act of sheer boredom... and i dont think it was as bad as you seem to be saying in this rather harsh message, which i didnt quote all of... because everyone already DID read it.. just like my stupid rambling(same as mine, but i'm tired as hell, so ioo can be in a bad mood :) -Wyatt "the making-people-mad-with-a-screen-of-text-person-who-thinks-it-only-hurt-about -.2k-and-2 seconds" Glodell want me to ramble on more... doubt it.... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3315096C.5F4250B9@rpi.edu> Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 23:11:24 -0500 From: Le hussard sur le toit Subject: Re: TMBG: computers and They > > Since many responded to the Lefty-Righty thread, why not > > college majors? > > > Ooh, what fun! Well, I'll be the first to post on a potentially > extensive thread- I'm an English Major I'm a BCBP (biochemistry/biophysics), and I'm considering a double major in CS. I, too, am working on a programming assignment right now. :) -andY -- * ------------------------------------------------------- Andrew Magnusson, Rensselaer, BCBP '00 (518)276-7518 (or maybe 273... I never can remember) http://www.rpi.edu/~magnua || http://magnua.stu.rpi.edu email : magnua@rpi.edu || andy@magnua.stu.rpi.edu * ------------------------------------------------------- "Words fail. Buildings tumble. The ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven. She stands before my eyes." --TMBG, "She's Actual Size" ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 23:33:38 -0500 (EST) From: sPyDiiR Subject: Re: TMBG: computers and They Message-id: I'm supposedly a bio major. That's why I enjoy all these songs with the scientific angles...i.e. "Mammals" et al. spYdiiR ******************************************************************************* Assume no death. ******************************************************************************* On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Le hussard sur le toit wrote: > > > Since many responded to the Lefty-Righty thread, why not > > > college majors? > > > > > Ooh, what fun! Well, I'll be the first to post on a potentially > > extensive thread- I'm an English Major > > I'm a BCBP (biochemistry/biophysics), and I'm considering a double major > in CS. I, too, am working on a programming assignment right now. :) > > -andY > > > -- > ------------------------------------------------------- > Andrew Magnusson, Rensselaer, BCBP '00 > (518)276-7518 (or maybe 273... I never can remember) > http://www.rpi.edu/~magnua || http://magnua.stu.rpi.edu > email : magnua@rpi.edu || andy@magnua.stu.rpi.edu > ------------------------------------------------------- > "Words fail. Buildings tumble. The ground opens wide. > Light beams down from heaven. She stands before my eyes." > --TMBG, "She's Actual Size" > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702270450.WAA19421@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: The Weddings Of They: Whistling 'Here Comes The Bride' Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 22:45:19 -0600 Anybody happen to know of what songs were played (if any) at/or will be at the Weddings of They? Probably Celtic tunes. Mike "I know where I am, you jackass!" Tepper ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 00:13:52 -0500 (EST) From: Nathan Smith Subject: Re: TMBG: computers and They Message-ID: > Since many responded to the Lefty-Righty thread, why not > college majors? > > Ooh, what fun! Well, I'll be the first to post on a potentially > extensive thread- I'm an English Major > > I'm a BCBP (biochemistry/biophysics), and I'm considering a double major > in CS. I, too, am working on a programming assignment right now. :) > > -andY To copy Andy I am a double major in Biotechnology and CS. I am not however working on an assignment, just hacking. ---===Nathan ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "The One and Only" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: The Guitar? Date: Thu, 27 Feb 97 22:22:51 PST > > > >Well, uh... No, I haven't personally *seen* him play a guitar ('xcept for > >bass in the Guitar video - how fitting), but I heard somewhere reliable > >(though I've forgotten where), that he does. I mean, and anyways, he plays > >keyboard, accordian, saxaphone... I'm sure guitar is no big obstacle for > >him.. > > Actually.... > > Anyone who was there can feel free to correct me at any time, > but I seem to recall Linnell, at the 1995 John Henry tour stop in > Seattle at the Moore Theatre, picked up and put on a guitar for > one song. Could've been a bass guitar, though, but still... I > remember being quite impressed. Almost as impressed as I > was at a Metallica concert years (and years) ago, when they > all suddenly traded instruments and started playing their older > stuff. > I think I concur with you, Jesse... I saw the John Henry Tour in Portland, and think I remember him playing some sort of guitar, although the actual thoughts that I remember are "Damn, he's playing a lot of instruments... when they hell are they going to use that glockenspiel sitting over at the side of the stage tempting me" Speaking of concerts, in the CD player right now is: Crash Test Dummies The Ghosts That Haunt Me God Shuffled His Feet A Worm's Life They Might Be Giants John Henry Factory Showroom ... and a dream concert/festival is forming in my head. The Lineup is as follows.... Brian Setzer Orchestra (who doesn't necessarily fit in with everything else, but I love his music, the Orchestra could provide horns for everyone else, and my boss would for sure give me a day off work if Brian Setzer were involved in the show) Crazy 8's (A now defunct band out of Portland, OR, who would be reforming for the show) Violent Femmes Crash Test Dummies They Might Be Giants Too bad it will never happen... However, I've begun scraping through the couch cushions, and deciding which credit card company to diminish payment to this month in the hopes of buying tickets for the upcoming Seattle TMBG show. Michelle ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33159CCE.58DF@netcomuk.co.uk> Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 06:40:14 -0800 From: Velouria Organization: London School of Economics Subject: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! >>Also, I don't know if this is news or not, but we were going to >>schedule the interview for this week, but had to postpone it because >>Linnell is getting married. !!!!!! Whoah! I am amazed! Girls, let's dry our eyes and be happy for the man. God, she is the luckiest person in the world, I hope she appreciates her luck. Imagine, waking up next to Linnell for the rest of your life! It must have happened very soon (the date setting), since he postponed that interview. And in the middle of the tour... just makes you wonder! Jo ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-58 *****************************