Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-60 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 60 Saturday, 1 March 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: where is everyone hearing greek#3? Re: Non-TMBG: MST3k Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship TMBG: Cancellation request TMBG: Cancellation request TMBG: Covers TMBG: Cards! Re: TMBG: Conan and Accordians TMBG: cards? Re: TMBG: Conan and Accordians Re: TMBG: Re: your mail Re: TMBG: Linnell getting married..(long) Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship & more Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! TMBG: Jamal Rogers pls mail me TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT Re: TMBG: cards? RE: TMBG: Linnell getting married..(long) Re: TMBG: Conan and Accordians TMBG: New Song Re: TMBG: where is everyone hearing greek#3? TMBG: just an accordian girl - and a dream! TMBG: Dial-A-Song!!!! TMBG: Covers TMBG: WAV resource RE: TMBG: cards? TMBG: WAVS RE: TMBG: Conan and Accordions Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! TMBG: TMBG.COM New D-A-Song(s)! TMBG: The Big Parade??? TMBG: Last one! I swear! Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! Re: NON-TMBG: Re: Jesica Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! Re: TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT Re: NON-TMBG: Re: Jesica TMBG: Marriage Non TMBG: Surveys? Re: TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT Re: TMBG: Marriage Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference TMBG: CARDS Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference TMBG: Background and Religion Re: TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference/words/very little TMBG content actually Re: TMBG: Background and Religion TMBG: 2/21 set list and Village Voice TMBG: Beck and his wacky SAT scores TMBG: CD - Irving Plaza - IMPORTANT!!! Non TMBG: MST3K sounds Re: TMBG: Wasting time........ NON TMBG: am I the only one who... Re: TMBG: CD - Irving Plaza - IMPORTANT!!! Re: TMBG: CD - Irving Plaza - IMPORTANT!!! More Non TMBG: SAT scores TMBG: NO TMBG content Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship TMBG: Al and TMBG Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: PHOLLER@jcs1.jcstate.edu Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 08:45:15 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: where is everyone hearing greek#3? Message-id: <01IFXYZMF1369LV3L1@JCS1.JCSTATE.EDU> like the subject says, where is everyone hearing greek#3? i haven't been able to read the list in a while and i had to delete a lot of mail, so could someone please explain that? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970228143714.006896f8@mail.awod.com> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:37:14 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: MST3k At 01:02 AM 2/28/97 -0500, you wrote: >I have been reading the posts of MST3k numbers and one person (I forget >who) said something about becoming a member through e-mail. Could >someone send this address to me? Thanks. Ah, that would be me. :> To anyone else interested in joining: http://www.scifi.com/mst3000/infoclub/ TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970228143707.0067a3cc@mail.awod.com> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:37:07 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship At 09:48 PM 2/27/97 -0600, you wrote: >When Al's disc came out, my friend bought it immediately. He brought it >over and he played the songs for me and said that one of them reminded him >of TMBG. Now, I did'nt catch it then, and I don't have the music at all, >but if a sometimes TMBG-er/new fan like him can see it... is it actuality or >mere coincidence? Al said in an on-line chat that Everything You Know Is Wrong was a TMBG tribute. >Oh well. I do wish they and al would remake Spatula City, >or many other great TMBG or Al songs... If there's ever another "Weird Al" tribute album, I hope They cover EYKIW. BTW, what TMBG song(s) do you think would be fun for Al to cover? -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:06:01 -0500 Message-Id: <9702281506.AA24361@milo.cfw.com> From: yankg@cfw.com (Glenn Yank) Subject: TMBG: Cancellation request Please cancel sending me tmbg-digest at this e-mail address. I am also receiving it at another address, which I wish to continue. But I check this address only infrequently, and it is only taking up server space here. Thank you. .----------------------------------. http://www.cfw.com/~yankg/mike.html |==== === == [______] == ==== XP80 | |==_______________________________ | "The vanishing dot on the map of the |^|lll ll lll ll lll ll lll ll lll|| spot, let me take you there..." !_|_______________________________|! -John Linnell ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:06:04 -0500 Message-Id: <9702281506.AA22538@milo.cfw.com> From: yankg@cfw.com (Glenn Yank) Subject: TMBG: Cancellation request >I now read tmbg digest from one of my other e-mail servers. Therefore, please cancel my subscription to this address. .----------------------------------. http://www.cfw.com/~yankg/mike.html |==== === == [______] == ==== XP80 | |==_______________________________ | "The vanishing dot on the map of the |^|lll ll lll ll lll ll lll ll lll|| spot, let me take you there..." !_|_______________________________|! -John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3316F2B8.7E27@trib.infi.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:59:04 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Covers A couple people wrote: > Just how many covers have They put out? > Istanbul > Why Does the Sun Shine? > The Guitar (well, partially) > New York City > Don't forget: Jessica, Whirlpool, We've Got a World that Swings, 25 > O'Clock, Concrete and Clay, Maybe I Know, and Next Plane to London. Ok so > maybe those aren't all recorded, but they're captured on tape somewhere. There's Lady is a Tramp, and Devil off Monopuff's album. ______________________________________________________ Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~Theybootlegs/boba.htm ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3316F57B.AAA@trib.infi.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:10:51 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Cards! The trading card page says: > 403 "Flans Holding The Lyric Sheet To ""I Am Not Your Broom"" In His Mouth" Woo Hoo!! A card nearly dedicated to me!! The proud owner of THAT sheet!! How about: 847 Boba gets the lyric sheet from cool security guard!! ;) Boba ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:28:11 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan and Accordians Message-ID: I watched that last night too. I was laying in my bed and at the word accordian my head snapped up.I was waiting for Andy Richter to mention Them seeing as they are friends and he MC-ed a show in NY for them once.But alas...no mention....so I went back to sleep and had nightmares of Sheryl Crow standing over my bed playing Sammy Hagars Greatest Hits. On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Queen Sneepy wrote: > Well, I'm watching Conan O'Brien right now, and sheryl crow mentioned that > she played the accordian, to which Conan replied, "Very few people know > that the accordian solo is slowly replacing the guitar solo!" and not one > mention of Them! Not that I really expected it, of course, but I thought > that was interesting... > > Thought of the Moment: If wired correctly, would an accordian explode? > But then, thanks to "DNLS" video, I already know the answer to this... > > _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ > // \\ > // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ > -Conan O'Brien on Integrity > > TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:42:34 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: TMBG: cards? Message-ID: I was talking to some kid behind me at the Toad's show and he mentioned something about these cards...what exactly are they? And do they come with sticks of gum? Katie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970228154554.0067df7c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:45:54 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan and Accordians At 10:28 AM 2/28/97 -0500, you wrote: > I watched that last night too. I was laying in my bed and at the word >accordian my head snapped up.I was waiting for Andy Richter to mention >Them seeing as they are friends and he MC-ed a show in NY for them >once.But alas...no mention....so I went back to sleep and had nightmares >of Sheryl Crow standing over my bed playing Sammy Hagars Greatest Hits. And Melissa Joan Hart from Clarissa Explains It All was on MTV yesterday...I watched for around 10 minutes, hoping she'd request a TMBG video... Oh well... -Adam /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:43:47 -0500 (EST) From: sPyDiiR Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: your mail Message-id: Well, that goes without saying:) sPyDiiR ******************************************************************************* Assume no death. ******************************************************************************* On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Brian Mellem wrote: > Yes Jessica is the Allman Bros. Song. TMBG does it Better though. > > > >Is Jessica that Allman Brother's song or something totally different? > > > >******************************************************************************* > >Assume no death. > >******************************************************************************* > > > > > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:52:14 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199702281752.JAA24023@f17.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell getting married..(long) >I'm geninuely happy for him. I think it's wonderful. Me too, despite my newfound crush on him. Ah well. > Maybe Flans getting >married kicked him into gear or something.. D'ya think? > I am honestly very happy for him..just as >happy as I was when I found out Flans had gotten married. Man, that one threw me. I had this mongo crush on Flansy for years. After the shock wore off (10 minutes), I found myself being happy for him. Insanely. > A few years >ago, I may not have been...maybe this means I've finally grown up. Yep. I think so. > I just want >him to name his first little girl "Beth", tho. :) And could he possibly name any future little girls Anastasia? It's a cool name and I'd be tickled... > >NonTMBG: Wyatt, darling, sweetheart, oh wonderous rambling TMBG fan.. >Listen, if you ever get the urge to ramble in mail, send 'em to >cj350@freenet.cleveland.edu. I never get mail there anyways, and you >won't have many listers trying to hunt you down and kill you. :) Or blooey@hotmail.com. I'm awfully tolerant.:) Basically, listers, please don't off and shoot yourselves. Think of it this way: TMBG loves their fans. Just because they're getting married that doesn't mean that their feelings for you have changed. (And on my end, i never believed that I'd ever have a "chance" with Flansy or Linny...for starters they're old enough to be my dad...and besides when I think about it it seems weird.) Not to mention that at their age, it's bloody well about time. Congratulations, Mr. Linnell. Sincerely. Anyway, i'm gonna shut up now and wait for the flames to get me. Anastasia , who thinks that Mrs. Linnell is a very lucky woman indeed Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ######################################################### "Give me a kiss, sweetie, for I am off to save the planet." John Linnell to me (In one of my weirder dreams) Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:56:34 -0800 (PST) From: "'Honey Bunny' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship & more Message-ID: >Am I forgetting some? Has anyone ever seen a band cover a They tune? The Bobs cover Particle Man on one of their "the songs of..." albums. Kinda neat, 'cause one of them yells "waiter!" in the middle of it for no apparent reason. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu _______________________________________________________________ I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I carry that bucket with pride -Junior Brown --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:46:40 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199702281846.KAA11235@f18.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! > I don't know if this is just denial but isn't Flans already engaged? >could it be him? > liz Severe denial. Flans was married in July. mousie, off the vivarin and donuts and gorging on pickles Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ######################################################### "Give me a kiss, sweetie, for I am off to save the planet." John Linnell to me (In one of my weirder dreams) Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331729F8.B76@trib.infi.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:54:48 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: Jamal Rogers pls mail me Jamal Rogers, please e-mail me, thank you ondrey@trib.infi.net ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970228194337.006abba4@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 11:43:37 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT >who here is a CS major, or is planning on it? I am! (well, CSE, anyway. Same diff.) And I, too, have a programming assignment that I should be doing. But I'm right-handed, so I guess I only fit one of the two threads... Weirdly enough, most of my dorm is left-handed. >Actually, I've always been taught that defenestration was the act of >throwing someone through a window. What a good word! > >Much like 'scatalogical' I like fun words. Another of my favorites is 'sterquilinian'. (See, kids? It's fun 'n' educational, too! Another few months on this list and your verbal SAT scores will go through the roof! Take it from Nicole the I-got-an-800-on-*my*-verbal-SAT-and-these-days-I'm-feeling-like-it'll-be-one-of- the-pinnacles-of-my-entire-existence-which-is-pretty-pathetic-if-you-think-a bout-it Wonder Nerd!) >Oddly enough..Linnell's 5th grade teacher gave me Flans' parent's names >address and home phone number.. How the did you meet Linnell's 5th grade teacher? I wonder if Flanny and Linnell are comfortable with the thought that their parents' home phone numbers and addresses are being freely distributed to their legions of adoring fans? I mean, *I* trust us (we're a good bunch, after all) but would they? > I don't know if this is just denial but isn't Flans already engaged? >could it be him? Flans has been married since last July. >I'm geninuely happy for him. I think it's wonderful. Maybe Flans getting >married kicked him into gear or something..but it's great. >No. I'm not being sarcastic. I am honestly very happy for him..just as >happy as I was when I found out Flans had gotten married. Yes! I feel exactly the same way. We've just found out that Linnell has a very happy personal life, and he's about to marry the woman he loves. Let's all be happy for him! >stuttering like a witness to the birth of the AntiChrist. Hey! What's wrong with stuttering? I'll have you know that I am a stutterer and I am deeply offended by your implication that stutterers are involved with the AntiChrist. I demand an apology! Several of them! Post them to the list, to the ng, everywhere! :) (Hey, everyone, I just discovered a fun game! Let's claim that we're offended by whatever Mike says and watch him apologize profusely! ;> ) (p.s. mike-- I'm kidding. :) ) > I have no idea what a spiritually >bankrupt circle jerk is either. The Circle Jerks were a band, weren't they? >Anybody happen to know of what songs were played (if any) >at/or will be at the Weddings of They? It'd be sooooo cute if they played We've Got A World That Swings. :) >Weird Al does an original non-satire song that my >friend and I could SWEAR is a TMBG tribute. The lyrics, the style in >which it was sung, just seemed to close to be coincidental. The song is "Everything You Know Is Wrong," and it is almost certainly a TMBG tribute/parody. Anybody who's interested in a long-winded list of musical similarities can e-mail me. Dreams-- I have a possible solution for those of you yearning for They dreams. Plan a trip to a malarious region! You see, when you tell your doctor that you're going to a malaria-infested corner of the globe, she'll give you a drug called Aralen, which prevents malaria. One of the possible side effects of Aralen is (I can personally attest to this) bizarre dreams. The downside to this, of course, is that your doctor will take the opportunity to immunize you against a host of other diseases. (I myself was immunized against yellow fever, typhoid fever, hepatitis A and B, cholera, and a host of other yummy diseases before my trip to Paraguay.) --nicole the wonder nerd who really does stutter in real life... anyone else? *** "We rotate the cheeses at night." -- UC Davis Dining Commons staff Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702281948.NAA07721@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: cards? Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:43:09 -0600 ---------- > From: Katherine Johnson > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: cards? > Date: Friday, February 28, 1997 9:42 AM > > I was talking to some kid behind me at the Toad's show and he mentioned > something about these cards...what exactly are they? And do they come > with sticks of gum? > > Katie The madness spreads! Check out www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~broz/tmbg.html <--Mine. COming Soon, Scanned in AKA's! as well as http://www.weblink.org/weblink/tmbg/ for Mister McClusky's extensive list of AKA's (Cards) By the way, I invented ActualSound(tm)! Mike "I wish you would have credited them, Jesse" Leffel :) ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Linnell getting married..(long) Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 11:58:24 -0800 >---------- >From: Anastasia Hunt[SMTP:blooey@hotmail.com] >Sent: Friday, February 28, 1997 9:52 AM >To: ae371@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU; tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell getting married..(long) > >>NonTMBG: Wyatt, darling, sweetheart, oh wonderous rambling TMBG fan.. >>Listen, if you ever get the urge to ramble in mail, send 'em to >>cj350@freenet.cleveland.edu. I never get mail there anyways, and you >>won't have many listers trying to hunt you down and kill you. :) > >Or blooey@hotmail.com. I'm awfully tolerant.:) Trust me on this one, she is. Hey, she tolerates my blabbering on and on and on and .... (: >Anastasia , who thinks that Mrs. Linnell is a very lucky woman indeed > Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:01:38 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan and Accordians Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Katherine Johnson wrote: > I watched that last night too. I was laying in my bed and at the word > accordian my head snapped up.I was waiting for Andy Richter to mention > Them seeing as they are friends and he MC-ed a show in NY for them > once.But alas...no mention....so I went back to sleep and had nightmares > of Sheryl Crow standing over my bed playing Sammy Hagars Greatest Hits. > Yeah, I was kind of expecting that too...at least from Andy, who, as you said, knows them...but I guess they wouldn't be bringing any other bands to overlap Sheryl's fame (not that I like her stuff or anthing, but it would be a bit rude to say, "Yeah, well, that's all very well and good, Sheryl, but I think They Might Be Giants have been using the accordian in their stuff way longer than you. And They're cooler!" But that was what I was thinking!) It is nice when they overlap, though, because that Melissa Joan Hart from Clarissa was on the other night, too... Thought of the Moment: Is it ok to waste time at work e-mailing if you're waiting for your boss? _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:02:01 -0500 (EST) From: Nathan Smith Subject: TMBG: New Song Message-ID: There is a new song on TMBG.com. It is called "Feel Good Sublet." ---===Nathan ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:02:35 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: where is everyone hearing greek#3? Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 PHOLLER@jcs1.jcstate.edu wrote: > like the subject says, where is everyone hearing greek#3? > i haven't been able to read the list in a while and i had to delete a > lot of mail, so could someone please explain that? > Its on tmbg.org- there are going to be other unreleased tracks from Then there too, every four days or so, I think... _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:05:02 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970228150501_2095472871@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: just an accordian girl - and a dream! >Then again I'm just a girl so what do I know? Hee hee.... Weird... The song on my cd player at the moment is No Doubt's "Just A Girl". :) >"Very few people know that the accordian solo is slowly >replacing the guitar solo!" and not one mention of Them! Not >that I really expected it, of course, but I thought that was >interesting... Yeah... I saw that and thought the same thing.. "They'd better mention TMBG... Like they even will.." :T I half expected it to be a red accordian and solve "who stole TMBG's equiipment." :) But I think it's Counting Crows.. Have you seen their "Long December" video? Hmm? Yeah. And Sheryl Crow cannot play accordian when compard to Linnell. She could barely even squeeze it together! ::shiver:: Pauly Shore's on tv.. get him off! Get him off! Oh! I remember a TMBG dream I had last night! John and John were in my living room, I guess they had done or were about to do a concert at my house... whatever, and it was.. like a party atmosphere... weird lighting, and tons of people. I saw Linnell and was just floored, and I nervously said to him "So, will you guys be coming back to Rochester?" (dumb question I realize since they were in my house... ) and he said "I can't talk, I gotta go.. here's Flans." And Flansburgh turned around to talk. :) I asked him the same thing, and he had a smug but friendly look on his face and said "Noooooo.. One fucker throws something at me, it wrecks it for the whole town. Sorry. Wish there was something I could do." But he was really friendly about it. Hmm. Flans has been a real sweetie in my dreams lately. Just the other day he was my tres friendly art teacher.. :D sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org MSTie# 77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970228203139.006679d4@awod.com> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:31:39 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Dial-A-Song!!!! Hey, there are TONS of new songs in the DAS online directory: http://www.tmbg.com/dial/sound/ TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970228204221.006b0ba8@mail.vt.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:42:21 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: Covers > Maybe They should just put out an album of covers :-) >Just how many covers have They put out? A heck of a lot. There are several official tunes out there on CD as you mentioned, and there's also at least one compilation of Their covers called Stumpbox. Quite frankly, it's a riot. >Am I forgetting some? Has anyone ever seen a band cover a They tune? Yep! I have .wavs from two covers, the Bruce Lee Band version of She's an Angel and the Hagfish version of Twisting. Refer to my next post... * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Throw off those chains of Reason and your prison disappears." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970228204654.006b8dd4@mail.vt.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:46:54 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: WAV resource Hey, all you internet fools! In about ten minutes I'll have a directory on my anonymous FTP site chock full of every TMBG .wav file I've found on the net. Check it out at: ftp://electra.foo.org/tmbg/ Note: I don't care in the slightest bit about copyright violations, trodden egos, offended religions, or any other negative response to this collection. If the law gets after me I'll take it down, otherwise it stays. It's free, it's knowledge, and darn it people have the right to hear Them. * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Throw off those chains of Reason and your prison disappears." ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: cards? Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:26:47 -0800 >---------- >From: Mike Leffel[SMTP:maleffel@ncfcomm.com] >Sent: Friday, February 28, 1997 11:43 AM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Katherine Johnson >Subject: Re: TMBG: cards? > > >http://www.weblink.org/weblink/tmbg/ >for Mister McClusky's extensive list of AKA's (Cards) > >By the way, I invented ActualSound(tm)! > >Mike "I wish you would have credited them, Jesse" Leffel :) Okay, okay.... (: I'll try to get a Credits page up soon. It won't be really coherent though. Mainly, it'll be a list of what people sent in or sent me, in the order received, under their email address. Cause that's how I keep the list. BTW, I'm also doing a little clean-up on the card list if I can, basically making things look a little nicer. Be sure to send me any suggestions. The Official "John-Jesse-John Photoshoot" card ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970228205024.006f5f9c@mail.vt.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:50:24 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: WAVS Amendment: In accordance with Leo's request, I won't be posting the Then stuff from tmbg.org. * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Throw off those chains of Reason and your prison disappears." ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Conan and Accordions Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 12:40:30 -0800 >---------- >From: Queen Sneepy[SMTP:smelliot@indiana.edu] >Sent: Friday, February 28, 1997 12:01 PM >To: Katherine Johnson >Cc: E Aho Laula >Subject: Re: TMBG: Conan and Accordians > >Thought of the Moment: Is it ok to waste time at work e-mailing if you're >waiting for your boss? Why not? I waste time at work reading this list, updating my TMBG card spreadsheet, and modifying/testing the script which generates those nifty pages you see at http://www.weblink.org/weblink/tmbg (: Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:59:46 -0500 (EST) From: Elizabeth McGinley Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! Message-ID: my denial is gone. As a new fan ( only started listening to Them Hard core about Sept) I am a little overwhelmed though, but I doubt I will be crashing any weddings brandishing a butcher knife and toppling over any cakes. LIZard ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:04:45 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970228160444_-1808687475@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG.COM New D-A-Song(s)! There are at least three new songs at www.tmbg.com/dial/sound The one they post is "Feel Good Sublet", but of course if you go in the way described above, you can get the others as well. -Kamesennin "Has been waiting for them to update the DAS for 3 weeks!" (Geoff) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970228210848.006b8acc@mail.vt.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:08:48 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: The Big Parade??? Does anybody: a) know where the .wav of "The Big Parade" came from? b) have a better (i.e. full) copy of it? Feel free to dump stuff at ftp://electra.foo.org/pub/tmbg * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Throw off those chains of Reason and your prison disappears." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970228213115.006dae44@mail.vt.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:31:15 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: Last one! I swear! Well, it's official: at around noon tomorrow (2/28) electra.foo.org is going down for a week because we have to turn everything off in our dorm over spring break. I just pleaded with our housing staff, but to no avail. If you want to get any .wavs or send any to me, do it now or it'll be another week. * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "Throw off those chains of Reason and your prison disappears." ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:31:45 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! Message-ID: Then give me your butcher knife...cuz Im there....and I won't be done til Linnell realizes his wretched mistake and runs away with me. On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Elizabeth McGinley wrote: > > my denial is gone. As a new fan ( only started listening to Them Hard > core about Sept) I am a little overwhelmed though, but I doubt I will be > crashing any weddings brandishing a butcher knife and toppling over any > cakes. > LIZard > > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 16:47:43 -0500 (EST) From: Elizabeth McGinley Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! Message-ID: Darling, there is such a thing as divorce( as mean as it is to say) and if needs be we can hope... LIZard On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Katherine Johnson wrote: > Then give me your butcher knife...cuz Im there....and I won't be done til > Linnell realizes his wretched mistake and runs away with me. > > On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Elizabeth McGinley wrote: > > > > > my denial is gone. As a new fan ( only started listening to Them Hard > > core about Sept) I am a little overwhelmed though, but I doubt I will be > > crashing any weddings brandishing a butcher knife and toppling over any > > cakes. > > LIZard > > > > > > > ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:00:37 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970228170037_-1507334440@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: Jesica In a message dated 97-02-28 01:11:56 EST, you write: << Yes Jessica is the Allman Bros. Song. TMBG does it Better though. >Is Jessica that Allman Brother's song or something totally different? >> Just a note about Jessica, my sis is an Allman Bros. fan and they improv A LOT during that song on their CDs and in concert... My sis saw them live and the song lasted 45 min!!!!! TALK ABOUT IMPROV!!!!!! Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G "They'll need a train, They'll need a train..."- TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:09:52 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell's getting married! Message-ID: Youre right.....a girl has to have dreams..... On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Elizabeth McGinley wrote: > Darling, there is such a thing as divorce( as mean as it is to say) and > if needs be we can hope... > LIZard > > On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Katherine Johnson wrote: > > > Then give me your butcher knife...cuz Im there....and I won't be done til > > Linnell realizes his wretched mistake and runs away with me. > > > > On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Elizabeth McGinley wrote: > > > > > > > > my denial is gone. As a new fan ( only started listening to Them Hard > > > core about Sept) I am a little overwhelmed though, but I doubt I will be > > > crashing any weddings brandishing a butcher knife and toppling over any > > > cakes. > > > LIZard > > > > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 28 Feb 97 17:18 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT >Dreams-- I have a possible solution for those of you yearning for They >dreams. Plan a trip to a malarious region! You see, when you tell your >doctor that you're going to a malaria-infested corner of the globe, she'll >give you a drug called Aralen, which prevents malaria. One of the possible >side effects of Aralen is (I can personally attest to this) bizarre dreams. Well, not to imply that I (or any of you) would abuse drugs just to dream about TMBG, but the prescription decongestent Entex causes the most vivid dreams. I had a really bad sinus infection once, and the doctor gave me these huge, blue horse-pill-like pills to take. I discovered, after watching Star Wars and then going to bed, that if you take an entire tablet it'll give you very exciting dreams with lots of bright colors. Oooh... Unfortunately, they also made me hyper and jumpy, so I was cut down to half a tablet. :) Kirsten (who is *not* a druggie) -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702282231.RAA08097@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 97 17:17 EST From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote: >>Actually, I've always been taught that defenestration was the act of >>throwing someone through a window. What a good word! >> >>Much like 'scatalogical' > >I like fun words. Another of my favorites is 'sterquilinian'. OK, gotta admit, I don't have an unabridged, so I couldn't find out what this word means. *fume* Besides defenestration, my other favorite word is 'ecdysiast'. Do only people who scored above 700 on their verbal SATs have "favorite words"? >> I have no idea what a spiritually >>bankrupt circle jerk is either. > >The Circle Jerks were a band, weren't they? Well, yeah, but I don't think Beck was referring to the band in this quote. The term has a common, less than complimentary meaning... >>--nicole the wonder nerd >>who really does stutter in real life... anyone else? Yup, me too. Jeez, what are the odds? *Two* female stutterers?!? I believe there are about 10 male stutterers for every one of us... And, to tie this in with another thread, the theory has been advanced that I stutter because I am a 'shifted sinistral', that is, that I was meant to be a leftie but somehow was put into a right-handed mold instead. My mom confirms that I was completely ambidextrous when I started to write, and she assures me she did nothing to force me one way or the other, but I had a relatively sadistic teacher or two in my early years... But as it stands now, I stutter, I write with my right hand, I wear my watch on my right hand, and I prefer to go the wrong way up and down staircases -- that is, walking on the left with my left hand on the banister, constantly bumping into the conformists. :) But, hey, I got my TMBG baby T today!!! Only approx. 5 more months until we get to use it! -jennifer (j.l.) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:47:10 -0500 (EST) From: sPyDiiR Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Re: Jesica Message-id: On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 CyburDog@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 97-02-28 01:11:56 EST, you write: > > << Yes Jessica is the Allman Bros. Song. TMBG does it Better though. > > > >Is Jessica that Allman Brother's song or something totally different? >> > > Just a note about Jessica, my sis is an Allman Bros. fan and they improv A > LOT during that song on their CDs and in concert... My sis saw them live and > the song lasted 45 min!!!!! > > TALK ABOUT IMPROV!!!!!! How long did the whole concert last???? I mean, it's a fine song, but that is basically one CD side long. Whoa! sPyDiiR ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:52:53 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970228175250_-1038283455@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Marriage We all agree that we don't know yet whom Linnell is marrying, but who did Flans marry? Joel ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 17:56:32 -0500 (EST) From: sPyDiiR Subject: Non TMBG: Surveys? Message-id: What ever happened to those massive surveys...where or when are they supposed to be compiled? Is there anyway to see the results? Spydiir ******************************************************************************* Assume no death. ******************************************************************************* ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 18:04:46 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT Message-ID: I take offense to this comment ;) I only scored a 400 on the english part and a *harumphum* on the math section. I have a favorite word...actually a few. Pharmasueticals (sp?) smock.....bod...ladel..these are all lovely words.Not quite as large but equally fun to say :) On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, J. L. Moquin wrote: > Nicole the Wonder Nerd wrote: > > >>Actually, I've always been taught that defenestration was the act of > >>throwing someone through a window. What a good word! > >> > >>Much like 'scatalogical' > > > >I like fun words. Another of my favorites is 'sterquilinian'. > > OK, gotta admit, I don't have an unabridged, so I couldn't find out > what this word means. *fume* Besides defenestration, my other > favorite word is 'ecdysiast'. Do only people who scored above 700 > on their verbal SATs have "favorite words"? > > >> I have no idea what a spiritually > >>bankrupt circle jerk is either. > > > >The Circle Jerks were a band, weren't they? > > Well, yeah, but I don't think Beck was referring to the band in this quote. > The term has a common, less than complimentary meaning... > > >>--nicole the wonder nerd > >>who really does stutter in real life... anyone else? > > Yup, me too. Jeez, what are the odds? *Two* female stutterers?!? > I believe there are about 10 male stutterers for every one of us... > > And, to tie this in with another thread, the theory has been advanced > that I stutter because I am a 'shifted sinistral', that is, that I was > meant to be a leftie but somehow was put into a right-handed mold > instead. My mom confirms that I was completely ambidextrous when I > started to write, and she assures me she did nothing to force me one > way or the other, but I had a relatively sadistic teacher or two in > my early years... But as it stands now, I stutter, I write with my > right hand, I wear my watch on my right hand, and I prefer to go the > wrong way up and down staircases -- that is, walking on the left with > my left hand on the banister, constantly bumping into the conformists. > :) > > But, hey, I got my TMBG baby T today!!! Only approx. 5 more months until > we get to use it! > > -jennifer (j.l.) > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 18:05:22 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Marriage Message-ID: Isnt' her name Robin? I don't know Linnells woman...not that I WANT to. :( On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > We all agree that we don't know yet whom Linnell is marrying, but who did > Flans marry? > > Joel > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199702282318.SAA28294@ginger.vnet.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 18:18:55 EST From: The Chair is Not my Son Subject: Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference ** Reply to note from Jonah Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:14:48 +0000 Oy... > the human serviette. No, I have no idea who that is. I just found it on > a Beck page. Anyway, I thought you guys might find this interesting. What's a Beck? =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t =] This is the last song; [h ] go home now and rest And we're never gonna tour again [e =] --Mystery Box --They Might Be Giants [r ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: TMBG: CARDS Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 15:58:02 -0800 Okay, sometime tonight the card page at http://www.weblink.org/weblink/tmbg will be updated with a slightly improved look. Hope to add in the credits page sometime early next week. Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 19:14:04 -0500 (EST) From: Ellen Kao Subject: Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference Message-ID: Whats a Beck? Well a certain Beck is playing at my school next month... =) > > the human serviette. No, I have no idea who that is. I just found it on > > a Beck page. Anyway, I thought you guys might find this interesting. > > What's a Beck? > > > =] Carl Hudkins + chud[@]vnet.net [Team OS/2] + http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y > ] ^= Evolution in progress! [t > =] This is the last song; [h > ] go home now and rest And we're never gonna tour again [e > =] --Mystery Box --They Might Be Giants [r > Ooo_o___OOo__oo_OoO____o_OO__oO_O___ooo "You don't know how precious you are- I am the one who lives with the Ocean." o__ooO__o_oOO__oo___o__OoO__ooO___ooOo_ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970228193557.00847100@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 19:35:57 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference At 06:18 PM 2/28/97 EST, The Chair is Not my Son wrote: > What's a Beck? It's a small, furry rodent, somewhat resembling a chipmunk. They seem cute and cuddly, but when you stick your fingers in their mouth they will bite them off! (So don't try it!) Oh yeah, and it's a band, too. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 19:39:20 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970228193920_-1540871354@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Background and Religion In a message dated 97-02-27 14:32:18 EST, blooey@hotmail.com (Anastasia Hunt) writes: << > Although I am >wondering what background the Johns are. Are they German (polkas), or >Greek (Greek3), or what? Also what religion are they? >> Flansburgh sounds either German or Jewish or both, such as in Hamburger. Burgh is a German suffix for names, but Berg is a Jewish one originating from I guess Burgh. Linnell is Greek. Joel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703010043.TAA11618@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 97 19:41 EST From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: words, marraige, dreams, OAT >I take offense to this comment ;) I only scored a 400 on the english part >and a *harumphum* on the math section. I have a favorite word...actually >a few. Pharmasueticals (sp?) smock.....bod...ladel..these are all lovely >words.Not quite as large but equally fun to say :) Well, I certainly did not intend to offend. :D I was wondering if having favorite words implied some level of geeky, test-enjoying maladjustedness. (I mean, what the heck is the SAT *good* for in real life? But I actually *like* taking tests like that...) I'm glad to know it's a more widespread trait, and I must no longer feel like an outcast. An oddball, sure, but that's ok. ;) -jennifer ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3317444C.2577@baka.com> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 20:47:08 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference/words/very little TMBG content actually > Oy... > > > the human serviette. No, I have no idea who that is. I just found it on > > a Beck page. Anyway, I thought you guys might find this interesting. > > What's a Beck? Beck is very funky kind of rap/folk/alternative musician. He sings a whole bunch of songs, including Loser, Where It's At, and Devil's Haircut. He is not much like TMBG, but has a similar kind of chaotic sound to the kind that they have at times, and I definitely reccomend him. > > OK, gotta admit, I don't have an unabridged, so I couldn't find out > what this word means. *fume* Besides defenestration, my other > favorite word is 'ecdysiast'. Do only people who scored above 700 > on their verbal SATs have "favorite words"? I'm kind of a freshman in high school, but when I took the SAT I as a seventh grader as part of some kind of talent search, and can't remember what I got. I think it was good, though. And my favorite words are "inquisitorial", "conflagration", and "extemporaneous". -- "And what is the happy ending when the foot fits the shoe? And where are the knightly wending in the vast blasts of blue, Tracking up clean tomorrows in search of a bright today, Counting their well-worn sorrows in the hope they'll go away?" - Walt Kelly Jonah ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 20:47:49 -0400 (EDT) From: Fransburgh Subject: Re: TMBG: Background and Religion Message-id: On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > > Flansburgh sounds either German or Jewish or both, such as in Hamburger. > Burgh is a German suffix for names, but Berg is a Jewish one originating > from I guess Burgh. well, since i'm here and have a few minutes... i can't be sure of flans's background, but the German suffix "burg" actually comes from a word meaning "fortress" or "stronghold"...it came to be attached to names of towns centered around such establishments... hence names of cities such as "harrisburg"...the final "h" was probably just added as an american thing... (our american Hamburgers...made of people from the German city Hamburg?) ;) so there's a little German lesson... wouldn't it be cool to be from a town called Flansburg(h)? i have been to a town in Germany called "Flensburg."....hmmm. :) let's establish our own town! ok, anyway. --fran(sburgh) heheh..."hi, i'm from fransburg" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:01:03 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970228210439.1ad7298a@postoffice.yorku.ca> From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: TMBG: 2/21 set list and Village Voice Hi folks. Well, some of you requested that someone post the entire set list for the 2/21 IP show so that's what I'm gonna do. As you may or may not know, the set list is two pages and is type written, except for one hand written song. Anything I've typed with a * next to it simply mean that it appears in smaller text on the page. This is exactly what the first page of the set list looks like: *INTRO ON DA88 COWTOWN HOPE PUPPET /CAGE #3 ANGEL MR. ME NOTHING MANHATTN /POLKA *INTRO HORNS SHOEHORN *HARMONICA 32 footsteps MISS ME *HELL INTRO HIDE AWAY /HOTEL ANA NG The second page of the set list looks like this: DIG RYTHM WHERE -------------------- LIE STILL DEAD GUY REPLACE- PARTICLE MENTS NYC PURPLE (in italics) -------------------- OLDER ISTANBUL SPY *FULL INTRO *FLANS CONDUCTS SEXXY IMPROV NO ONE FEATURING /GUITAR BROOM BIRD <--------POLK (hand written) TWIST TIL The second set actually opened with The Kittens Intro, but it's not on the set list. When I was in NYC, I grabbed a Village Voice, and found a tiny blurb about Their show at the Irving Plaza: "They Might Be Giants: For Their Thrid and Final Weekly Appearance at This HistoricNew York Nitespot, the Concept Is: celebrating (and, one would assume, performing material from) their forthcoming early-'80s mulit-CD, from back when they were even glibber than they are now" Glibber? I had to look that word up. According to Webster's Encyclopedia it means "more commonly voluble; fluent; having words always ready". I think someone has finally found a fairly suitable way of describing TMBG's style...at least in terms of their lyrics. Alex ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970228212334.007a3630@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:23:34 -0500 From: Juan Luis Borges (by way of Evan Chakroff ) Subject: TMBG: Beck and his wacky SAT scores > What's a Beck? Actually, I always thought a Beck was a type of country night club, where folks of all ages could line dance to 90's alternative white funk hip-hop. And also, to everyone: SAT's are important and all, but the only way to get into the college of your choice is to quote TMBG on your application. I don't mean to brag, but hey that's what got me into Rice University. Admit it, all you college listees. You had the overwhelming urge to sneak Them onto your application somehow. Fess up! love, josh ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970228213743.00857eb0@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:37:43 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: CD - Irving Plaza - IMPORTANT!!! Alright, as many of you know there's a project starting up to put some IP material on a CD. The story as of now is that there is a good chance that it will be a Double-CD and $35. If you are still interested, plese e-mail me and we will work from there. After the list of people interested is compiled I'll ask those people what they want to be on the CD(s). So... It might be bits and pieces from the two shows (as previously proposed), or it might be one whole show all the way through. It will be whatever is decided on. So if you're interested email me. $35, double cd, email me. This will be the last major post on this subject (to keep it off the list), so reply if you're still interested -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3317B8C7.395D@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:04:07 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: Non TMBG: MST3K sounds > > ObMst: my computer's alert sound is Joel saying "JEEpers." > > > Ha! I have him saying "Bad Touch!" "Jeepers" is funny... > I used to have "Bad touch" on there too! But my mom took it off as she said it took up too much memory. I also had the windows exit as "Push the button Frank" and the sound of the button came right after that. Blink "Don't touch Touch Connors" - MST3K Swamp Diamonds ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970301030739.006c28dc@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 22:07:39 -0500 From: Perry Lee Subject: Re: TMBG: Wasting time........ At 05:03 PM 02/27/97 -0600, you wrote: >It means that you are the one designated to carry the next baby of >Linnel, incarnate, of course, whom you will name "Spider" and who >will be the hero of all mankind and will restore orange sherbet to >its rightful place in society. Granted, some will not like this and >will want to stop him and "get rid of" him, but he will triumph >because "He's our hero!" > >:) > Speaking on nothing in particular, a Lincoln CD from circa 1990 will exhibit high-level quantum physical effects when exposed to extreme lukewarm water in a pressurized, argon saturated enviroment. The Disc will begin to assume the shape of an overripe casaba melon, and noises resembling monkeys in heat will issue forth from the anterior end. The CD will then explode into a 3-d mural of Flansy's guitar, and then fly away. Mu. zink Paid for by the coalition to take up list space...no complaining aloud. * ------------------------------------------------------------ |whee. |I've got something, To help you understand...|whee.| * ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3317BB6A.2FBB@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:15:22 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: NON TMBG: am I the only one who... > >>Actually, I've always been taught that defenestration was the act of > >>throwing someone through a window. What a good word! Am I the only MSTie here who when they saw the word defenestration thought it was disinfestation at first and then shouted "Leave the Bronx"? Blink "Don't touch Touch Connors." - MST3K Swamp Diamonds ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 22:14:14 -0500 (EST) From: Doug Haas Subject: Re: TMBG: CD - Irving Plaza - IMPORTANT!!! Message-ID: I'm very interested. On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > Alright, as many of you know there's a project starting up to put some IP > material on a CD. The story as of now is that there is a good chance that > it will be a Double-CD and $35. If you are still interested, plese e-mail > me and we will work from there. After the list of people interested is > compiled I'll ask those people what they want to be on the CD(s). So... It > might be bits and pieces from the two shows (as previously proposed), or it > might be one whole show all the way through. It will be whatever is decided > on. So if you're interested email me. > > $35, double cd, email me. This will be the last major post on this subject > (to keep it off the list), so reply if you're still interested > -- > Evan Chakroff > The Internet Mystery Spot > http://spot.home.ml.org > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 22:17:03 -0500 (EST) From: Doug Haas Subject: Re: TMBG: CD - Irving Plaza - IMPORTANT!!! Message-ID: GODDAMN!! sorry, this wasn't supposed to go to the list. On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Doug Haas wrote: > I'm very interested. > > > On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > > > Alright, as many of you know there's a project starting up to put some IP > > material on a CD. The story as of now is that there is a good chance that > > it will be a Double-CD and $35. If you are still interested, plese e-mail > > me and we will work from there. After the list of people interested is > > compiled I'll ask those people what they want to be on the CD(s). So... It > > might be bits and pieces from the two shows (as previously proposed), or it > > might be one whole show all the way through. It will be whatever is decided > > on. So if you're interested email me. > > > > $35, double cd, email me. This will be the last major post on this subject > > (to keep it off the list), so reply if you're still interested > > -- > > Evan Chakroff > > The Internet Mystery Spot > > http://spot.home.ml.org > > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3317BD79.399F@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:24:09 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: More Non TMBG: SAT scores > > OK, gotta admit, I don't have an unabridged, so I couldn't find out > > what this word means. *fume* Besides defenestration, my other > > favorite word is 'ecdysiast'. Do only people who scored above 700 > > on their verbal SATs have "favorite words"? I don't know. I have favorite words and I got a 730 on the verbal(yeay!) but out of curiousity, is anyone here taking the English compsition AP exam? We've been preparing for it in class and it is very difficult. Infinately more so than the SATs. Blink "Leave the Bronx!" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 23:08:03 -0500 (EST) From: Dan Lee Subject: TMBG: NO TMBG content Message-ID: Ah, in response to this thread about all you CS majors: (there seem to be many of you) I hereby trump the dorkiness of the CS majors, announcing that I'm a physics and math major. This wins because let's face it- there's nothing dorkier than math. About favorite words: At a summer program, the counselors gave me an award for "Most Scatalogical" And I don't think having favorite words has anything to do with SAT score, but rather with a type of quirkiness. I, for one, don't have any favorite SAT-type words. I seem to remember memorizing a list of like a hundred words in a couple days and then forgetting them forever the next day. However, I do have favorite made-up words like "ignatiously", favorite math words like "perverse sheaves" and "cohomology", favorite phrases that have absolutely no worthwhile meaning like "stoichiometry" and "dimensional analysis" (last I heard, it was called multiplication), favorite ridiculous swear insults like "f-stick" (from Shawshank) or "f-ball" (from Get Shorty), and made-up possible academic terms like "social dimensions" Oh, and this just in- something about the english AP being "infinitely" harder than the SAT's. Well, the difficulty of the SAT's is certainly nonzero, which would imply that everyone would get every question on the english AP wrong, since they're infinitely difficult. (Gotta love those annoying literal interps!) As for writing about TMBG on college apps, I didn't do it, but I did have a conversation about pulp fiction with my interviewer. And despite putting TMBG on my roommate survey, didnt get any fans as roommates :( And so I am forced to listen with low volume. Weep for me... Hey f___ball! I'm planning on becoming a stoichiometer when I grow up. However, I have yet to study the social dimensions of this decision, so I might change my mind up and end up just ignatiously jumping in and out of perverse sheaves. * ------------------------------------ Dan "cohomo" Lee "gy" dalee@fas.harvard.edu a018205t@bc.seflin.org 3-3724 Pennypacker 36 "Marge, it takes two to lie: one to lie and one to listen." --Homer Simpson "He who neither values the teacher nor loves the lesson is one gone far astray though he be learned [and is just a dumb f___stick]." --wisdom from the old country (supposedly) ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 23:41:08 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970228234108_2095519965@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship Spatula City isn't a song!!!! ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 23:57:58 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970228235757_1846798188@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Al and TMBG It's funny-- i always thought "Everything You Know is Wrong" sounded a lot like TMBG!! And I'm surprised nobody mentioned the part about Colonel Sanders' disembodied head!!! B-Bye, Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 21:15:42 -0800 (PST) From: "E. Fjellanger" Subject: Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 SquirlHead@aol.com wrote: > Spatula City isn't a song!!!! > It damn well is!! Remember, "Spatula City, they sell Spatulas... And that's all!" Eric Fjellanger (In a confrontational mood) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970301005836.00851ab0@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 00:58:36 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship At 09:15 PM 2/28/97 -0800, E. Fjellanger wrote: >On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 SquirlHead@aol.com wrote: >> Spatula City isn't a song!!!! > It damn well is!! Remember, "Spatula City, they sell Spatulas... >And that's all!" which is my windows shutdown sound :) Anhow, some non-tmbg: Saw SNZ on Leno, said they're from Chapel Hill NC, same as BF5? anyhow, g'nite (up too late) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-60 *****************************