Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-61 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 61 Sunday, 2 March 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Backspace Solicitation TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship TMBG: Chicago 11-24-96 set list? TMBG: TOUR DATES TMBG: Greek #3 and my own "Latin #3" TMBG: New song at www.tmbg.org. TMBG: EP's Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference/words/very little TMBG content TMBG: SAT Re: NON-TMBG: SAT and 'Geek Camp' [Fwd: Re: TMBG: Covers] TMBG: TMBG.ORG UPDATES TMBG: Back to Skull Re: TMBG: TOUR DATES (fwd) TMBG: Puppet Head Re: NonTMBG: Re: SAT TMBG: They Might Be coming to Iowa! TMBG: The Big Parade Re: More Non TMBG: SAT scores TMBG: Brian Dewan at IP Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference/words/very little TMBG content TMBG: Hello, My name Is Joe Amnesia! TMBG: Flans' background; Marriage Re: TMBG: Flans' background; Marriage TMBG: April 13-14 in MY TOWN! TMBG: Rides to Cornell... TMBG: Tickets? Re: TMBG: Flans' background; Marriage TMBG: Interesting Fact TMBG:Concert dates Re: TMBG:Concert dates Re: More Non TMBG: SAT scores Re: TMBG: TOUR DATES Re: Non TMBG: Surveys? NON-TMBG: Now Playing... TMBG: Greek #3 TMBG: Non-Tmbg: BNL in React Re: More Non TMBG: SAT scores TMBG: Linnell marriage Re: TMBG: Cards Re: TMBG:Concert dates Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <199703010707.CAA22665@mercury.thepoint.net> From: "Well, I'm not Steven Page" Subject: TMBG: Backspace Solicitation Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 02:03:34 -0600 I am sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled programming, but I am pleased as punch to offer this information: Check out BACKSPACE issue 1. The new finger on the pulse of pop culture. In issue one: An interview with producer Pat Dillett of Stoutmusic (who produced TMBG's Factory Showroom) Reviews of: The Offspring's 4th studio effort, IXNAY ON THE HOMBRE They Might Be Giants FACTORY SHOWROOM and Tragic rock band For Squirrels major label debut EXAMPLE. plus other tidbits of knowledge and wit. pricing is not yet set in stone, as it will depend largely on total number to be printed. To reserve your copy, send email to backspace@as-if.com. Have a new band, a new release, or just simply wish you could get a little exposure to the public? Talk to us, BACKSPACE is an equal opportunity magazine. Warmest Regards Backspace Media peace Phil ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 03:15:02 -0500 From: MajorDomo Message-Id: <199703010815.DAA20306@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703011309.HAA01348@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 07:04:06 -0600 ---------- > From: SquirlHead@aol.com > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: No Involvement In Authorship > Date: Friday, February 28, 1997 10:41 PM > > Spatula City isn't a song!!!! My sweet arse it ain't! Mike "No, but anything LOUD is a song, right?" Leffel ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 08:51:12 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301085110_-1071780347@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Chicago 11-24-96 set list? Could anyone please e-mail me privately with the set list from the 11-24-96 Chicago show at the Riv? ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 09:11:23 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301091122_106852601@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TOUR DATES New Dates at TMBG.COM as of last night! 4/27/97 Lafayette, IN Perdue University 4/29/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro 4/30/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro 5/3/97 Lawrence, KS University of Kansas 5/4/97 Mt. Vernon, IA Cornell College Joel "NEW YORK CITY PLAYING RIGHT NOW" ------------------------------ From: Cbuczek@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 09:34:51 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301093450_884653803@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Greek #3 and my own "Latin #3" To all fellow Giantheads: I have downloaded "Greek #3" from http://www.tmbg.org, and since I have always been interested in foreign languages, I find John Linnell singing in Greek to be pretty cool. I wasn't too crazy about the English version, but I like the Greek version. I have done some work of my own and have come up with this Latin translation of "Number Three": LATIN #3 A Latin translation of TMBG's "Number Three" Modo sunt duo cantus in me et scripsi tertium Nescio ubi accepi afflatum aut quomodo scripsi verba Impendi vitam meam fodentem sepulcrum musicae meae Pro duo cantibus in me et pro tertio quo feci Dives vir mihi dixit, "Heu! Vita est res ridicula." Pauper vir mihi dixit se posse praebere locutu. Iam sum in medio sicut avis sine rostro quod Modo sunt duo cantus in me et scripsi tertium Nescio ubi accepi afflatum aut quomodo scripsi verba Impendi vitam meam fodentem sepulcrum musicae meae Pro duo cantibus in me et pro tertio quo feci Sic ivi ad praefectum et rogavi "quid-est-sibi-nomen" si umquam potuit scribere aut aliquid similis Incipiebat loqui Sicut erat in televisione "Si sunt duo cantus in te, puer, Quid vis a me?" Sic me ipse emi "denim pants" et guitarem argenteum Sed dixi humane feminis "Adhuc mihi vocabitis 'Sir' quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus quoniam sunt duo cantus in me et hic est Numerus Tres." Enjoy this translation. I had to make up words and use some English words that have no Latin equivalent. Vobis gratias (Thank you). Sincerely, Chris ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199703011502.KAA29572@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: New song at www.tmbg.org. Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 10:02:47 -0500 (EST) The second song is now available on www.tmbg.org. Get it while it's hot! -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 10:37:48 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301103747_-1540822086@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: EP's Can someone tell me the chronological order of the EPs? Joel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970301160452.006df200@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 11:04:52 -0500 From: Perry Lee Subject: Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference/words/very little TMBG content >Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 11:03:02 -0500 >To: Jonah >From: Perry Lee >Subject: Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference/words/very little TMBG content actually > >At 08:47 PM 02/28/97 +0000, you wrote: > >>I'm kind of a freshman in high school, but when I took the SAT I as a seventh >>grader as part of some kind of talent search, and can't remember what I got. I >>think it was good, though. And my favorite words are "inquisitorial", >>"conflagration", and "extemporaneous". > >Wow! You took that too? I took it in 7th, but i'm a Sophomore now. Have you been getting brochures from Geek Camp too? > >zink >proud to say his favorite word is "spackle" > * ------------------------------------------------------------ |whee. |I've got something, To help you understand...|whee.| * ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 11:07:55 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301110755_-1004667796@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: SAT >At 08:47 PM 02/28/97 +0000, you wrote: > >>I'm kind of a freshman in high school, but when I took the SAT I as a seventh >>grader as part of some kind of talent search, and can't remember what I got. I >>think it was good, though. And my favorite words are "inquisitorial", >>"conflagration", and "extemporaneous". > >Wow! You took that too? I took it in 7th, but i'm a Sophomore now. Have you been getting brochures from Geek Camp too? > >> Hey! I go to "GEEK CAMP". I love it. BTW, as a 7th grader I got 650 Math / 560 Verbal SAT I Joel PROUD MEMBER OF CTY AKA GEEK CAMP ------------------------------ From: Brooksie2@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 11:50:55 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301115054_1182114353@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: SAT and 'Geek Camp' Yes, hey, wait a second. I like Geek Camp. I thought about going to TIP @ Duke University, but opted instead for Duke Young Writers' Camp. I went for four summers, and some of my closest friends are people I met there. And I can even trace quite a few friends back to DYWC, even if they weren't directly involved. Many good things can be traced back to Geek Camps, so I say three cheers for all of 'em. Love, Brooks, DYWC-er, First Session, 1988 - 1991. P.S. My favorite word is 'epiphany.' Not for its meaning, but rather for the way it sounds. I am right-handed, and I come from a long line of 'systems analysts' and engineers. None of the above explains why I became a film editor. Well, maybe it does. We all have to rebel in our own way, and since my parents didn't have a problem with me wearing black, listening to 'strange' music, and coloring my hair 'every color in the rainbow,' I had to take a different approach. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331861BE.2EBD@trib.infi.net> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 12:05:02 -0500 From: BOBA Organization: InfiNet Subject: [Fwd: Re: TMBG: Covers] -- ______________________________________________________ Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~Theybootlegs/boba.htm [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199703011823.NAA00287@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: TMBG.ORG UPDATES Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:23:14 -0500 (EST) While looking for the new songs at www.tmbg.org I suggest you also look at our new unified song index. It includes a lot of chords that we didn't have up before, with more coming every day. Unfortunately for the moment the MIDI files are off limits, I hope to work out those problems really soon and get them up for you to listen to. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:45:18 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301134517_1679912735@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Back to Skull Where can I get a pic (gir or jpg) of the cover to Back to Skull? I am making a TMBG site, and I have pics for all singles and albums except for Back To Skull. Joel http://members.aol.com/yoel97 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:43:57 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: TOUR DATES (fwd) Message-ID: > > 5/4/97 Mt. Vernon, IA Cornell College > Are there any Iowa listies out there who can tell me sort of where Mt. Vernon is? I'm in Lincoln, NE and am wondering if the drive would be at all feasible. Thanks! Tara, who feels a *little* better about TMBG always skipping over Nebraska because she did just get Beck tickets today. :) -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 15:04:07 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301150406_1249401720@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Puppet Head 1) Does anyone have any multimedia to Puppet Head? (ie MIDI, WAV, or MOV?) I would love for someone to send it to me! 2) How do you spell puppet? PUPPET or PUPPETT or what? Joel "The Ignorant Speller" Gedalius FAV WORD: Circumcision (it's true!) PLAYING ON COMPUTER CD PLAYER: Metal Detector PLAYING IN MY IMAGINARY HEAD: I Can Hear You & Puppet Head & Ana NG CURRENTLY MAKING TMBG WEB-PAGE TO BE UP LATER TODAY. I"LL ANNOUNCE IT LATER. THERE IS A LOT OF COPYRIGHT MATERIAL ON IT, SO PLEASE DON"T SUE ME (LEO, THIS MEANS YOU) :) ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 15:06:08 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301150608_1249401723@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: NonTMBG: Re: SAT In a message dated 97-03-01 15:03:48 EST, I write: << >Hey! I go to "GEEK CAMP". I love it. BTW, as a 7th grader I got 650 Math / >560 Verbal SAT I > >Joel PROUD MEMBER OF CTY AKA GEEK CAMP >> Also, I first heard TMBG at CTY (CENTER FOR TALENTED YOUTH) Istanbul, Birdhouse, and Particle Man. So if you go and call it Geek Camp, I guess than you are a geek too. Please don't flame me now as I struggle to complete this thought. Joel ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 14:13:39 -0600 (CST) From: "J, the Mysterious" Subject: TMBG: They Might Be coming to Iowa! Message-Id: On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Tara Lynne Weber wrote: > > > > 5/4/97 Mt. Vernon, IA Cornell College > > > > Are there any Iowa listies out there who can tell me sort of where Mt. > Vernon is? I'm in Lincoln, NE and am wondering if the drive would be at > all feasible. Thanks! Mt.Vernon is in eastern Iowa, and is about 5 hours away from Lincoln. I am definitely going to this, as long as tickets are available to the public. Who else will be attending? Jamal, who feels a little better about missing all the NYC shows ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331898C2.7E89@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 15:59:47 -0500 From: Emmanuel Donio Organization: Florida State University Subject: TMBG: The Big Parade Hey, I don't remember who, but someone inquired about a .wav called "bigparade" or something like that. Well, I haven't heard it, but I assume that they just took it off of the Elektra Rubaiyat Compilation. It was a Phil Ochs song that the boys covered. Just in case you care, Manny ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 15:15:51 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: More Non TMBG: SAT scores Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, The Cowans wrote: > > > OK, gotta admit, I don't have an unabridged, so I couldn't find out > > > what this word means. *fume* Besides defenestration, my other > > > favorite word is 'ecdysiast'. Do only people who scored above 700 > > > on their verbal SATs have "favorite words"? Personally, I like "sesquipidality" both for the way it sounds and for its meaning: appropriately, it means "having long syllables" or "using large words." :) English major, word lover and former giftie camper, --Tara -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master, that's all." ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 17:04:21 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Subject: TMBG: Brian Dewan at IP Message-ID: I was wondering if anybody got Brian Dewan's set at the IP from 2/21(or even 2/14) on tape. I would be very interested in trading for it... Josh josh@fyi.net ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3318BF17.25A1@prodigy.net> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 17:43:19 -0600 From: woletz Organization: Prodigy Internet Subject: Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference/words/very little TMBG content Hey! I just read your email on the list, and I just thought I'd join in the fun and add that I took the SAT I in seventh grade, too. I'm a freshman at high school now, also. I don't have a fave word, though. Oh yeah, I've been getting brochures from Geek camps AND high schools, too! Sorry about wasting space to write this, but I just thought it was something that would be fun to respond to. Jessie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703012316.RAA10891@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: Hello, My name Is Joe Amnesia! Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 17:10:31 -0600 Okay, I seem to have finally burst a vein, pushed a clog, lost some cells, or something. I'm going to sound like a total fool (if possible) and a complete moron for asking a question like this for something I have visited many, many times, and I'm sorry to lunge this at you. TMBG Lyrics and Interpretations, with a Coffee Cup motif on the directory buttons. Blue background, I believe. Where the bloody Hell is it????? I'm dying to know the lyrics to Triptophane (sp?) and any background on it, and I can't find the place on TMBG.ORG Mike "I have lost my proverbial thing that keeps memories together.. food.. metal.. scoop" Leffel ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 18:40:28 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301184026_1081661141@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Flans' background; Marriage >Flansburgh sounds either German or Jewish or both, ::sigh:: Haven't we been through this before? They are not jewish, it's been well confirmed. >We all agree that we don't know yet whom Linnell is >marrying, but who did Flans marry? Robin Goldwasser. So. Both Johns have been hitched since the last batch of album songs was written.. the next _album's_ lyrics should prove interesting... ;) Hm. sarah:) linnellgirl@tmbg.org MSTie #77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:24:15 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans' background; Marriage Message-ID: Yeah...you know what the songs will be about? Inlaws and Christmas dinner,fisherprice and child proof caps,joint accounts and and mortgages,walking the family dog and Kids Sparkle Crest(tho that would kinda be a neat song)2 car garages and finding last minute babysitters,gray hairs and crows feet,the price of college and suburbia. Well..dammit! I won't stand for it! Tho Id still buy the album ;) Katie On Sat, 1 Mar 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > >Flansburgh sounds either German or Jewish or both, > ::sigh:: Haven't we been through this before? They are not jewish, it's been > well confirmed. > > >We all agree that we don't know yet whom Linnell is > >marrying, but who did Flans marry? > Robin Goldwasser. > > So. Both Johns have been hitched since the last batch of album songs was > written.. the next _album's_ lyrics should prove interesting... ;) Hm. > > sarah:) > linnellgirl@tmbg.org > MSTie #77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 > http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html > ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 20:27:31 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: April 13-14 in MY TOWN! Message-ID: Woo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I just found out today that on April 13th, They are going to be playing at the Moon again in Tallahassee (I'll be on the guest list) and on the 14th They'll be doing an in-store at Floyd's Music store! yes!!!!!!!!!!! I finally lucked out ! *Tom does the Ana Ng dance tremendously wildly in joy!) * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:49:43 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: TMBG: Rides to Cornell... Message-Id: Greetings, Listers! Could anyone who is near Mt. Vernon, IA, or who is going to the concert there on May 4th possibly give me a ride from Decorah, IA, to the concert? I'd love to pay gas, since this is probably the ONLY time I'll be able to see Them in concert....thanks! Email me privately, I don't want to tick anyone off here on the list. :) Nathan 210 prallena@martin.luther.edu /-------------------------------------------------------------\ | "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that | | I want. Or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want | | to do." --They Might Be Giants | | | | *************** TARNISHED SILENCE *********************** | | prallena@martin.luther.edu paul.luther.edu/~prallena | \-------------------------------------------------------------/ ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:51:09 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: TMBG: Tickets? Message-Id: Sorry to bother everyone, but to those who have been to concerts of Them, where do you get your tickets through? Do you go through the place hosting them, or through something like Ticketmaster? Thanks! Nathan 210 /-------------------------------------------------------------\ | "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that | | I want. Or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want | | to do." --They Might Be Giants | | | | *************** TARNISHED SILENCE *********************** | | prallena@martin.luther.edu paul.luther.edu/~prallena | \-------------------------------------------------------------/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703020146.UAA04786@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Sat, 1 Mar 97 20:45 EST From: "J. L. Moquin" Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans' background; Marriage Katherine Johnson wrote: >On Sat, 1 Mar 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: >>So. Both Johns have been hitched since the last batch of album songs was >>written.. the next _album's_ lyrics should prove interesting... ;) Hm. >Yeah...you know what the songs will be about? Inlaws and Christmas >dinner,fisherprice and child proof caps,joint accounts and and >mortgages,walking the family dog and Kids Sparkle Crest(tho that would >kinda be a neat song)2 car garages and finding last minute >babysitters,gray hairs and crows feet,the price of college and suburbia. >Well..dammit! I won't stand for it! Tho Id still buy the album ;) >Katie Yeah, that's all I ever think about since *I* got married. Hey, hey, give married people a break! It isn't like an instant lobotomy, ya know! sheesh! Kids today! ;) -jennifer ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 20:54:33 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301205432_278682808@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Interesting Fact I was watching an old interview of TMBG and they said that at first they didn't like the Dial-a-song idea but after Flans broke his rist while riding his bike they needed to some how get their songs out in the public so they changed their minds and went with it. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3318FD75.1905@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 20:09:25 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: TMBG:Concert dates Well, I can't decide which to go to > 4/27/97 Lafayette, IN Perdue University > > 4/29/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro > > 4/30/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro Are any of you guys going to one of these? Blink ------------------------------ From: DonkeyPlop@aol.com Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 21:38:10 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970301213810_-1172092933@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG:Concert dates I miight be going to the one in chicago ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 21:54:48 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: More Non TMBG: SAT scores Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, The Cowans wrote: > I don't know. I have favorite words and I got a 730 on the verbal(yeay!) > but out of curiousity, is anyone here taking the English compsition AP > exam? We've been preparing for it in class and it is very difficult. > Infinately more so than the SATs. > Hoo, the AP English exam was a sleeper compared to the SATs, I think. Despite my talent at vocabulary, I suck at analogies, I guess that was my problem (I shoudlnt' complain though, 630 verbal compared to a whopping 430 math...oh well, at least I finished it this time!) Comp AP was pretty easy, just writing- if you've ever taken an essay test and done well you should be ok with this one! _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 21:56:04 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: TOUR DATES Message-ID: On Sat, 1 Mar 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > New Dates at TMBG.COM as of last night! > > 4/27/97 Lafayette, IN Perdue University > > 4/29/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro > > 4/30/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro > Aw, man, They're playing Purdue? As an IU student I am morally obligted to avoid that place like the plague, but then, its Them...I might try the Chicago ones, too... _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 20:57:44 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: Non TMBG: Surveys? Message-ID: > What ever happened to those massive surveys...where or when are they > supposed to be compiled? Is there anyway to see the results? Spydiir (and everyone else)-- This is your friendly neighborhood survey taker again (I feel kind of like Mr. McFeely from Mr. Rogers...don't ask me why). Well, apparently the survey results are going to be postponed even further. You see, some smart person erased my spreadsheet compiling the results (I was about 2/3 of the way through), and thus I have to start over. The problem is that I am now at home (for Spring Break) for the next week and I don't have access to the surveys that were filled out. As a result, the results of the survey will probably be posted in two weeks. I'm very sorry...I'm as pissed as some of you are that it's taking me so long, but that's the way it is. Sorry. And if any of you want to e-mail me and tell me that it's all right and otherwise be nice to me, I would appreciate it. Oh, and for whoever was asking...I'm going to try to go to the TMBG shows in Chicago and West Lafayette, but I'm not promising anything. See ya. bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu http://www.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/boots.html --concert tape page-- np: Moby--Animal Rights Pavement--Brighten the Corners ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970301223233.007bb710@mail.ee.net> Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 22:32:33 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: NON-TMBG: Now Playing... Totally Non-Anything: DO NOT READ!!!! In my CD Changer... 37 second .wav file: Battle Of Who Could Care less from unreleased Ben Folds Five album. Over And Over!! It won't get out of my head!!! It's great, but (warning, bad metaphore coming up) you can choke on (dammit... I had something funny to say...) ... you can choke on some delicious food. Sorry, no one hates a bad, unfunny joke more than me. Delete this, and remind me to buy the new BF5 album the day it comes out (I won't need reminding...) -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703020334.AA16296@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Greek #3 Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:34:42 -0500 (EST) I have a request. Is there a way I can get the Greek #3 that was previously available on tmbg.org? I am one of those slackers that didn't get around to trying to download it until it was too late. Now I don't see it on tmbg.org, but see Weep Day in it's place (which I'm downloading now). Will all 7 songs be up at a particular location or can we only get the current song? Thanks, Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-id: <2983199@hanover.VALLEY.NET> Date: 01 Mar 97 22:39:39 EST From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: BNL in React BNL was in react, which is a crappy wanna-be hip magazine for kids. It comes in many papers. There was an Allman Brothers referance on MST3k today, whenever they said "Jessica" Servo started singing Jessica. This is sort of a tmbg referance, isn't it? ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703020344.AA16312@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: More Non TMBG: SAT scores Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:44:15 -0500 (EST) > > > > OK, gotta admit, I don't have an unabridged, so I couldn't find out > > > > what this word means. *fume* Besides defenestration, my other > > > > favorite word is 'ecdysiast'. Do only people who scored above 700 > > > > on their verbal SATs have "favorite words"? > > Personally, I like "sesquipidality" both for the way it sounds and for > its meaning: appropriately, it means "having long syllables" or "using > large words." :) Heya Tara, Isn't this a synonym for "bombastic"? I believe it has the same meaning. The Philly show on April 24. Well, seeing as it's 2 hours north of here and 3 hours north of where I work I don't think I can attend due to it being on a Thursday night. NOw doesn't that suck? Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703020346.AA16323@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Linnell marriage Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:46:17 -0500 (EST) > So. Both Johns have been hitched since the last batch of album songs was > written.. the next _album's_ lyrics should prove interesting... ;) Hm. > Linnell isn't hitched yet is he? -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) ------------From owner-tmbg-list Sat Mar 1 22:46:47 1997 Received: (root@localhost) by ussodyssey.ufp.org (8.8.2/8.7.ufp) id WAA06710 for tmbg-list-outgoing; Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:46:47 -0500 Message-ID: <01BC2691.8CCEAE80@cyberguy.netheaven.com> From: Dan Studnicky To: "'tmbg-list@tmbg.org'" Subject: TMBG: Cards Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:40:17 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sender: owner-tmbg-list Precedence: bulk Reply-To: Dan Studnicky Here are a few card suggestions: The Hotel Detective shooting saphire bullets at something/someone (Eric, The Spiralling Shape, Chess Piece Face) Flans running from a pick-up truck being driven by Ondine. Flans being a "SPY" The John's whistling in the dark. Linnell using a shoehorn with teeth. The John's wearing Purple Toupees Any comments? * ------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703020417.WAA15494@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Cards Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:11:49 -0600 > Here are a few card suggestions: > > The Hotel Detective shooting saphire bullets at something/ >someone (Eric, The Spiralling Shape, Chess Piece Face) > > Flans running from a pick-up truck being driven by Ondine. > The John's wearing Purple Toupees I'll definitely do the Ondine one... .We'll see about the others though.. Mike "I'm still Still working on the AKA's" Leffel A tawdry drunk, who can't draw unless he's comfy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703020419.WAA15533@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG:Concert dates Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 22:12:49 -0600 ---------- > From: DonkeyPlop@aol.com > To: maleffel@ncfcomm.com > Subject: Re: TMBG:Concert dates > Date: Saturday, March 01, 1997 10:08 PM > > How old are you I'm older than I've ever been, and now I'm even older. And now I'm even older. Mike "And now I'm even older" Leffel BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :) ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-61 *****************************