Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-62 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 62 Monday, 3 March 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Greek #3 TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Re: NON-TMBG: Now Playing... Re: TMBG:Concert dates Re: TMBG:Concert dates Re: TMBG:Concert dates TMBG: Weep Day Re: TMBG:Concert dates TMBG: Non-TMBG I need Real Audio Help!!!!!!!!!! Re: TMBG: Weep Day Re: TMBG: Greek #3 TMBG: greetings on sunday! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-51 Re: TMBG: Tickets? Re: TMBG:Concert dates TMBG: anyone? TMBG: Weep Day Re: TMBG: anyone? TMBG: Greek #3 --> .wav to .snd? (and sat's and linnell) Not-TMBG: Dragon Warrior Text Adventure TMBG: Tmbg in Texas? TMBG: Greek #3 TMBG:C'MON, PLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE Re: TMBG: Greek #3 --> .wav to .snd? (and sat's and linnell) TMBG: Too cool! :D TMBG: EMERENCY!!!! EMERGENCY!! Re: TMBG: Too cool! :D Re: TMBG: EMERENCY!!!! EMERGENCY!! TMBG: California? TMBG: Where did Mono Puff go? TMBG: TBMG in NYC???????????????? Re: TMBG: Where did Mono Puff go? TMBG: little service announcement TMBG: tornado's Re: TMBG: tornado's TMBG: Tour Dates Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Re: TMBG: anyone? Re: TMBG: Where did Mono Puff go? Re: TMBG: Too cool! :D Re: TMBG: Too cool! :D TMBG: That TMBG comic project TMBG: how embarrasing Re: TMBG: That TMBG comic project TMBG: The Comic Book Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Re: TMBG: anyone? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970302021211.008076a0@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 02:12:11 -0600 From: blue sky on mars Subject: Re: TMBG: Greek #3 >I have a request. Is there a way I can get the Greek #3 that was >previously available on tmbg.org? sure enough... i was looking at the songs index on tmbg.org and it's set up so that you can download greek3 there, also it's the only available sound file on the index... paul ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970302095430.00a3a07c@mail.healey.com.au> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 19:54:30 +1000 From: Very Fruity Indeed Subject: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Hey, has anyone got any idea if the CD thingo will be available in the shops, or just mail order only? Bye Ad. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % Ad % %Yeah and stuff% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3319B6C1.45B4@swbell.net> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 09:20:01 -0800 From: Federico Garcia Lorca Organization: Jesus for Jews Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Now Playing... Evan "Satan" Charkoff writes: >In my CD Changer... 37 second .wav file: Battle Of Who Could Care less from unreleased Ben Folds Five album. Over And Over!! Delete this, and remind me to buy the new BF5 album the day it comes out (I won't need reminding...) All you have is the .wav file? Hurry, run out to your local magazine stand and find the new issue of CMJ magazine. It's the one with Ani Defranco on the cover. The mag comes with a disc of their favorite new music, including ALL of Battle of Who Could Care Less. Oh yes, and the new BF5 album, "Whatever and Ever Amen" - March 18. I'll remind ya. Josh "Fighting the Battle" Katzenhenimernugen ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 11:25:39 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: From: jyounger@interaccess.com (Josh Younger) Subject: Re: TMBG:Concert dates >I miight be going to the one in chicago Me too. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 11:25:37 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: From: jyounger@interaccess.com (Josh Younger) Subject: Re: TMBG:Concert dates >I miight be going to the one in chicago Me too. ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199703021727.MAA18697@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG:Concert dates Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 12:27:38 -0500 (EST) > > 4/27/97 Lafayette, IN Perdue University > > > > 4/29/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro > > > > 4/30/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro > Are any of you guys going to one of these? > Barring natural disasters and the like, I should be at all three! I'll definitely go to the one here at Purdue (if it actually happens). m@t ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970302174828.006bb9ec@mailhost2.planet.net> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 12:48:28 -0500 From: Perry Lee Subject: TMBG: Weep Day Has anyone else decided that this has to be the coolest song that Flansy has ever sung? zink * ------------------------------------------------------------ |whee. |I've got something, To help you understand...|whee.| * ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 11:48:09 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: From: jyounger@interaccess.com (Josh Younger) Subject: Re: TMBG:Concert dates Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to post twice d:o) I gotta get the hang of this new mail program. ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 13:05:39 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970302130538_1947583758@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Non-TMBG I need Real Audio Help!!!!!!!!!! I just got Real Audio 3.0 and I'm having a real hard time figuring out how I'm suppose to use it. Does anybody out there understand how it works e-mail me and bring relief to this situation. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970302132824.00758644@popmail.voicenet.com> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 13:28:27 -0500 From: Jeff Morrow Subject: Re: TMBG: Weep Day At 12:48 PM 3/2/97 -0500, Perry Lee wrote: >Has anyone else decided that this has to be the coolest song that Flansy has >ever sung? I was always under the impression that it was Linnell. Yes, the backups are definitely Flansburgh, but I'm pretty sure the main verses are John Sid's. =================================-----Jeff-Morrow-----====================== ============ jmorow@voicenet.com They Might Be Bootlegs @ http://www.voicenet.com/~jmorrow/tmbg/boot.html ============================================================================ ============ ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703021854.AA16649@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Greek #3 Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 13:54:29 -0500 (EST) > >I have a request. Is there a way I can get the Greek #3 that was > >previously available on tmbg.org? > > sure enough... i was looking at the songs index on tmbg.org and it's set up > so that you can download greek3 there, also it's the only available sound > file on the index... Well, I have downloaded the song and it's pretty cool. A couple of weird things about this. Firstly, it's very strange hearing Linnell sing this Flansburgh song. Secondly, it sounds like Linnell is trying to force the meter of the song by using these Greek words. As everyone knows, the syllables and sounds of words are generally completely different in other languages and you can sort of hearing him strain to fit everything into the song. Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703021917.AA16667@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: greetings on sunday! Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 14:17:51 -0500 (EST) Hello Nicola, Firstly, I'd like to talk about trip schtuff. You said you didn't like skim milk, well I don't really drink that either. I can drink it no problem, but I usually drink 2% milk. I don't know what that is in British terms. So a walking tour f London? I think that is great, I love to walk around places, especially new places. I've heard the Tower of London is very nice, maybe we can stop in there. If there's going to be a big line at Buckingham Palace or if we have to get there really early and it's a big pain then we can skip it. If what you sy about Manchester is true then we don't have to go. Actually, I'd really like to go to Scotland, so maybe we can just focus on there after Liverpool. Oh, I forgot to tell you, there are a few tmbg-listers who are interested in meeting up in London on the 21st, what do you thinka bout that? We could maybe give them your phone number or get their number and then we will be able to coordinate our plans. I do have this great desire to see the Highlands, and the Shetlands, but I don't know if that'll be possible. I have not been looking at the Let's Go much so I really must peruse that more and see what good information it can give me. Secondly, your summer plans. Why couldn't you stay with me for 2 months? More than likely I will have my own apartment by then, or at least I hope to hell I will! I can't continue to make this long journey to work everyday and I really am promising myself to get a place by April or early May at the latest lest I go mad! You get my hopes up too much you wonderful chickabean! I was just pondering over how excited I'd be on my way back to America knowing that I'd see you again in the summer. If you feel like you can't stay here for the 2 months because you'd feel like you were imposing then I say perish the thought! If it's for some other reason, well then what is it? Also, remember that I'm not in college anymore which is good and bad. It's bad because I don't have the time off like I might in college but it's good because I won't have to go back to college in August and mess things up. I wish I did have 2 months of vacation time, though. How did your friend get that "pink slip"? (pink slip here usually means you have been fired or laid off from your job, but I assume it means something else for international traveling.) Over here you can get paid for a job and go to school. Heck if they imposed that half of the population wouldn't be able to go to college, what with universities getting into the $20,000/year prices. I worked all throughout college and if I didn't I don't think I'd have the job either, because I got as good as, if not a better education by working than my actual studies, often the way people learn over here I guess. Course a lot of people do volunteer interships like you are doing with the hospital work, and thus don't get paid but do get the experience. I was curious, though. If you were to work in a hospital such as Johns Hopkins wouldn't that qualify as a valid job under your Physiotherapy studies? Actually there are lots of hospitals in Baltimore, all over the place and in the surrounding suburbs. And what better place to learn the American side of things then in an American city? I'd think as long as you were accepted into a job, then Keele would do what is necessary to let you do this and earn you credits for it. Ok, well I'm babbling on about this and you probably think thta I'm crazy, but I don't care, you see, you don't know how exciting this would be for me. Whelp, I'm off to eat some lunch. have a good week! love, Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: LS1109@aol.com Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 14:26:21 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970302142620_1679998621@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-51 Does anyone have any TMBG bootlegs that I could somehow get a copy of without trading bootlegs? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970302153900.005c0ec8@email.uc.edu> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 15:39:01 +0000 From: Heather Garver Subject: Re: TMBG: Tickets? Well, for both of the shows I've been to, I got them through the box office of the venue that They were playing at. Of course, I can walk there in about five minutes. At 07:51 PM 3/1/97 -0600, you wrote: >Sorry to bother everyone, but to those who have been to concerts of Them, >where do you get your tickets through? Do you go through the place >hosting them, or through something like Ticketmaster? > >Thanks! > >Nathan >210 > > >/-------------------------------------------------------------\ >| "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that | >| I want. Or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want | >| to do." --They Might Be Giants | >| | >| *************** TARNISHED SILENCE *********************** | >| prallena@martin.luther.edu paul.luther.edu/~prallena | >\-------------------------------------------------------------/ > > Heather Garver garverhl@email.uc.edu http://www.eng.uc.edu/~hgarver ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970302154154.0029de40@email.uc.edu> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 15:41:55 +0000 From: Heather Garver Subject: Re: TMBG:Concert dates Well, I thought about going to the Indiana show, but I have no idea how far away it is from Cincinnati. Does anyone know? > >At 08:09 PM 3/1/97 -0800, you wrote: >>Well, I can't decide which to go to >>> 4/27/97 Lafayette, IN Perdue University >>> >>> 4/29/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro >>> >>> 4/30/97 Chicago, IL Cabaret Metro >>Are any of you guys going to one of these? >> >> >>Blink >> >> Heather Garver garverhl@email.uc.edu http://www.eng.uc.edu/~hgarver ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3319E10E.5359@ou.edu> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 14:20:30 -0600 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: anyone? Is anyone here at KU? Anyone going to the concert? Anyone know if it is an open to the public show? Anyone know how far it is from Norman, Oklahoma? Anyone understand the movie "Brewster McCloud"? heather ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 15:37:18 -0500 (EST) From: Doug Haas Subject: TMBG: Weep Day Message-ID: Listening this song makes me wonder why they never released it. IMHO, it's better than a ton of stuff they've put out. It almost seems wierd for them. but, then whenever I think it's wierd, I go listen to For Science or You'll Miss Me. ================ Doug Haas http://tmbgboots.home.ml.org The TMBG trader's page ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 15:01:14 -0600 (CST) From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: Re: TMBG: anyone? Message-Id: On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Heather Tinkler wrote: > Is anyone here at KU? Anyone going to the concert? Anyone know if it > is an open to the public show? Anyone know how far it is from Norman, > Oklahoma? Anyone understand the movie "Brewster McCloud"? > > heather > I'm a student at KU and yes the concert is open to the public. In fact, it's free! Can't help you with your other questions Ryan ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 16:57:48 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970302165747_-1172026544@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Greek #3 --> .wav to .snd? (and sat's and linnell) Re: Greek #3 -- Hey! Reading Chris's translation, I just realized - Greek #3 is "Number 3" on _Truth or Sandwiches_..... ::sigh:: No .wav player.. I have a mac. Has anyone converted it to .snd? And is Weep Day the same as "Tropical Island (aka A Wonderful Song)"? > I just thought I'd join in the fun and add that I took the SAT I >in seventh grade, too. Hmm? How are you guys taking SAT's in grade 7? Are you little Doogie Howsers? :D I'm in grade 10 and I haven't taken any yet.. >Linnell isn't hitched yet is he? I'm assuming it was either yesterday (sat) or today (sun).. sarah:) linnellgirl@tmbg.org MSTie #77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Subject: Not-TMBG: Dragon Warrior Text Adventure Message-ID: <19970302.161746.10398.1.istanbul@juno.com> From: istanbul@juno.com (Justin Smith) Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 17:13:17 EST Hey! I know a few of you have tried it out, but I'm afraid that my Dragon Warrior Text Adventure (http://www.dragonfire.net/~DW/) will soon be leaving perminately! Yes, I know it sucks, but you might still want to give it a try before the 'free' server it is currently residing on starts charging in April. On a TMBG note, does anyone know when They will be coming to Texas as Flans promised on Sonic Net IRC chat? Thanx. +++ This is Justin Smith's signature! +++ General E-mail: jsmith@e-tex.com TMBG stuff: istanbul@juno.com +++ Bored? Play Dragon Warrior! +++ http://www.dragonfire.net/~DW/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331A1F5A.628D@swbell.net> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 16:46:18 -0800 From: Miguel de Unamuno Organization: Jesus for Jews Subject: TMBG: Tmbg in Texas? Just wrote: >On a TMBG note, does anyone know when They will be coming to Texas asFlans promised on Sonic Net IRC chat? Thanx. Yeah, right. That'll be the day. (the day that love...came to play) signed, one of them shunned texan TMBG fans ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 18:34:01 -0500 (EST) From: sPyDiiR Subject: TMBG: Greek #3 Message-id: I know this has been told to others a million times, but my mail got accidentally deleted. Is there anyway to still download Greek #3? What is the address, or what specific page do I have to go to? I'd really appreciate it. Spydiir ******************************************************************************* Assume no death. ******************************************************************************* ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331A0D66.19ED@mixcom.com> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 17:48:06 -0600 From: Matt Mantsch Subject: TMBG:C'MON, PLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE C'mon someone's gotta be able to get a promo copy of Then:TEY for me, I tried 3 diffrent places this weekend and NONE of them were willing to give me a copy or even ask what I wanted, one even gave any promos they didn't keep to charity! HUFF! like charity needs any help, so PLEASE respond to me personally if you think you can get a copy, I'll pay any price that needs covering, postage etc. -- VooDoo Ben MattM@Mixcom.com--www.geocities.com/area51/vault/6708/SYSTEM.htm 25 Hours a day--6 Days a week --- " And the cow says: MOOOooooo! " (Fisher-Price See & Say) --- ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:26:15 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: Re: TMBG: Greek #3 --> .wav to .snd? (and sat's and linnell) Message-Id: I took the ACT in 7th and the SAT in 8th, which were part of the TAG (talented and gifted) program. :) I also retook it and scored significantly higher...:) Tarnished Silence 210 /-------------------------------------------------------------\ | "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that | | I want. Or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want | | to do." --They Might Be Giants | | | | *************** TARNISHED SILENCE *********************** | | prallena@martin.luther.edu paul.luther.edu/~prallena | \-------------------------------------------------------------/ On Sun, 2 Mar 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > Re: Greek #3 -- Hey! Reading Chris's translation, I just realized - Greek #3 > is "Number 3" on _Truth or Sandwiches_..... ::sigh:: No .wav player.. I > have a mac. Has anyone converted it to .snd? > And is Weep Day the same as "Tropical Island (aka A Wonderful Song)"? > > > I just thought I'd join in the fun and add that I took the SAT I > >in seventh grade, too. > Hmm? How are you guys taking SAT's in grade 7? Are you little Doogie Howsers? > :D I'm in grade 10 and I haven't taken any yet.. > > >Linnell isn't hitched yet is he? > I'm assuming it was either yesterday (sat) or today (sun).. > > sarah:) > linnellgirl@tmbg.org > MSTie #77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 > http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html > ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:28:24 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970302192823_-1440190805@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Too cool! :D GUYS! Check out this new TMBG pic on the WBER website! :) http://wber.monroe.edu sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703030108.TAA11754@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: EMERENCY!!!! EMERGENCY!! Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:00:34 -0600 Tell Everyone! WATCH THE CBS EVENING NEWS WITH DAN RATHER ON CBS MONDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!! THEY'RE INTERVIEWING SISTER WENDY!!! THEY'RE INTERVIEWING SISTER WENDY!!! THEY'RE INTERVIEWING SISTER WENDY!!! THEY'RE INTERVIEWING SISTER WENDY!!! THEY'RE INTERVIEWING SISTER WENDY!!! Mike "So sue me, I'm a cartoonist" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3319ED39.AF0@baka.com> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 21:12:25 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: Re: TMBG: Too cool! :D > > GUYS! Check out this new TMBG pic on the WBER website! :) > > http://wber.monroe.edu That is one FREAKY picture. Linnell looks posessed by a demonic entity, not to mention almost middle-aged. They really are sorta getting old(older than they've ever been... and now they're even older). Flans also looks like the dad of a friend of mine. Eerie. > Hmm? How are you guys taking SAT's in grade 7? Are you little Doogie Howsers? > :D I'm in grade 10 and I haven't taken any yet.. Doogie. I hated that little bastard. Anyway, I took it as part of Johns' Hopkins University's Center for Talented Youth program(CTY). Basically, they take the "Academically Talented" kids(i.e. the kids who have learned how to to best use the system to get good grades) and toss them in a bag, then drag them to the sinister facility, where they are used as guinea pigs for evil experiments bent on world domination and the cloning of sheep, then brainwashed so that they remember taking some boring test and sent back to their schools with a small chip implanted in their head which transmits all data to the evil masters and will cause the head to explode if they ever find out what truly happened to them. At least, that's what happened to me :) -- in the CD player:U2's The Joshua Tree in the imaginary five-CD changer: U2's the Joshua Tree, Beck's Odelay, Pavement's Brighten the Corners(which I also only own in my imagination), Mono Puff's unsupervised, and XTC's Oranges and Lemons. "And what is the happy ending when the foot fits the shoe? And where are the knightly wending in the vast blasts of blue, Tracking up clean tomorrows in search of a bright today, Counting their well-worn sorrows in the hope they'll go away?" - Walt Kelly Jonah ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 20:10:56 -0500 (EST) From: Coyote Subject: Re: TMBG: EMERENCY!!!! EMERGENCY!! Message-ID: > THEY'RE INTERVIEWING SISTER WENDY!!! > THEY'RE INTERVIEWING SISTER WENDY!!! I hate to be so... so... I dunno.. Unknowing, but Who's Sister Wendy? (Feeling like he missed something somewhere out there) -Adam ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703030117.RAA14939@mta5.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 17:16:44 -0800 (PST) From: Nick Hatton Subject: TMBG: California? does anyone know when or if TMBG will be returning to California? unfortunately I missed them the last time and I have never been to a They concert before. Anakin _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703030125.RAA14880@mta3.rocketmail.com> Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 17:29:40 -0800 (PST) From: Nick Hatton Subject: TMBG: Where did Mono Puff go? ...... delurking Captain Anakin...... Howdy Listers! What ever happened to Mono Puff? Their site at Rykodisc disappeared, did they ditch Ryko, move on, disband, or what? Anakin _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 08:53:45 +0100 From: Emily Lerche Kerr (Ana Ng) Subject: TMBG: TBMG in NYC???????????????? Does anyone know if TMBG will be in New York City between St. Patrick's day and Easter Sunday?????? I will be there then, and if anyone knows and/or knows how I can get tickets ahead of time, LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E-mail ME at kerrel@uwec.edu PLEASE!!!!!! Thanks. Ana Ng :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703030158.TAA12552@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Where did Mono Puff go? Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:49:24 -0600 > Howdy Listers! > What ever happened to Mono Puff? Their site at Rykodisc > disappeared, did they ditch Ryko, move on, disband, or what? > Anakin > People kept pronouncing it LENN-al and the checks bounced, ergo they claimed bankruptcy. John and Hal have been seen on the streets of Moscow begging for new Purina Cat Chow, and things could not be worse. Mike "This is a fake message, brought to you by a fake person" LEFF-ul :) ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703030154.AA16858@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: little service announcement Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 20:54:42 -0500 (EST) For anyone who wishes to know concert dates/when TMBG will be in your city etc. go to TMBG.COM Repeat go to TMBG.COM. It is there for a reason and has dates up until the beginning of May. No TMBG will not be in NYC between St. Patrick's Day and Easter because they will be on the other side of the world in Australia and Japan. Now wouldn't that be interesting if they somehow flew back to NYC, snuck in a concert and flew back hehehe So I repeat GO TO TMBG.COM, it really is a lovely homepage. Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703030159.AA16869@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: tornado's Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 20:59:08 -0500 (EST) Hi, Someone pointed me to a page on tmbg.com which had When Tornados Take over the World, as well as an old dial-a-song song and a few other songs, I believe 5 in total. I have been searching tmbg.com but can't find it again. Does anyone know this address? Thanks, Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:02:05 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970302210204_-1071642856@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: tornado's In a message dated 97-03-02 21:01:03 EST, mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) writes: << Hi, Someone pointed me to a page on tmbg.com which had When Tornados Take over the World, as well as an old dial-a-song song and a few other songs, I believe 5 in total. I have been searching tmbg.com but can't find it again. Does anyone know this address? Thanks, Matt >> http://www.tmbg.com/dial/sound/ Joel http://members.aol.com/yoel97/they/ (brand new!) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970302215030.008617c0@mail.ee.net> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 21:50:30 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Tour Dates Oh sure... They prance all over the midwest speading love and joy, but only stop at ONE college in Ohio? And Students Only at that! -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:04:53 -0600 Message-ID: <19970303030452271.AAA211@ppp177.baraboo.com> >Oh sure... They prance all over the midwest speading love and joy, but only >stop at ONE college in Ohio? And Students Only at that! >-- >Evan Chakroff >The Internet Mystery Spot >http://spot.home.ml.org > Well, Better than here!!! They arnt coming once to Wisconsin, and i can't really leave the state because i'm only 13 and nobody in my family would understand, i cant go to ANY. -Wyatt "WISCONSIN SUCKS!!!! ARGH!!!!" Glodell ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 21:13:22 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: anyone? Message-ID: On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Heather Tinkler wrote: > Is anyone here at KU? Anyone going to the concert? Anyone know if it > is an open to the public show? Anyone know how far it is from Norman, > Oklahoma? Anyone understand the movie "Brewster McCloud"? > > heather > Wellllll...Under ideal circumstances, I'll be going to either the show in Mt. Vernon, IA or the one at KU. I have a feeling both are a rather long drive ("it's just a full day's drive away...") from Lincoln, NE, which is where I'm at. Plus, there's the fact that it's the weekend before finals for me. But anyway, I might go. So basically, I'm not certain about anything and thus this is a silly post. :) --Tara Oh wait, one more thing: Non-TMBG: Well Matt, I looked up "bombastic" and yes, the meaning is similar to "sesquipidality" but is not quite synonymous. "Sesquipidality" means "using long words", while "bombastic" means, according to Webster, "pretentious wordy speech or writing." There's that negative connotation attached to "bombastic" that isn't quite there with "sesquipidality." But yeah, they mean the same general thing. My word's still cooler, though. :) Good Lord, I'm a nerd. -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:20:04 -0700 From: carrots@primenet.com (Aaron Cohen) Subject: Re: TMBG: Where did Mono Puff go? > What ever happened to Mono Puff? Their site at Rykodisc >disappeared, did they ditch Ryko, move on, disband, or what? > Anakin I recently read that Mono Puff is finishing a new album. The Rykodisc Mono Puff site is still up at: http://www.rykodisc.com/3/features/monopuff/ -Aaron ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 22:52:05 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970302225204_1215975180@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Too cool! :D aaugh! bla! John Linnell's hair looks like the hair of this kid i know...how old is this picture? ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 22:52:58 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970302225257_1549293867@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Too cool! :D >>aaugh! bla! John Linnell's hair looks like the hair of this kid i know...how old is this picture?<< ...well, it was taken on dec. 29th... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970303035947.006a9b94@spectra.net> Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 22:59:47 -0500 From: ".,.-'*~*'-,.,..AmY" Subject: TMBG: That TMBG comic project Hiya. I finally finished drawing Benn's comic. It turned out pretty good, and it's like 9 pages...I just emailed Cuper and it came back to me, I guess he either got a new email or none at all...did anyone else send their comics yet? Are we still doing it? --Amy #B) &:) #B) &:) #B) &:) #B) &:) #B) &:) EvErY OnE wAnTs To SeE tHaT gRoOvY ThInG AnaNgel@tmbg.org | seta@spectra.net http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/3540 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703030403.AA17005@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: how embarrasing Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 23:03:46 -0500 (EST) Ummm I think I did the most embarassing thing I could ever do, I sent that letter to the list instead of to my friend so if you all could just delete that and act like it never happened, well that would be nice. Sorry! Matt - upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 23:05:21 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970302230519_1612608540@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: That TMBG comic project oh, just want to say sorry for that "linnell's hair looks like this kid i know's hair" post, i didnt realize i was sending it to the list when i clicked "reply to all". about the comic-- being the lazy and forgetful thing i am, i didnt do my SPIDA comic yet, but i WILL soon...hey Cuper, whats going on with it? PLEASE e-mail me about it, because i need to know what size paper, materials, etc.. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703030426.WAA15366@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: The Comic Book Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 22:17:54 -0600 HAMMER DOWN! What the whoop is this kids!? Theres been a Comic Book Project?!??! First the Qween of Sneep just mentions this to me, then I see Amy's posting of the Comic... >BOING!< Needless to say, at the risk of returning this message list to the chaos of the AKA Fiasco (BTW, I am literally finishing up my drawings this instant.. I'm sending them to be scanned WENESDAY, they should be up at: By, the latest, 11th) I am keenly interested. But of course, if it's done, I'll move on to my own projects, like I was supposed to do many years ago. Mike "Pa-Ro-CrASS-Tin-A-Shun" Leffel RABBIT EARS!! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 23:26:25 -0500 (EST) From: Puffin Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Message-ID: On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > Oh sure... They prance all over the midwest speading love and joy, but only > stop at ONE college in Ohio? And Students Only at that! > -- > Evan Chakroff > The Internet Mystery Spot > http://spot.home.ml.org > Woohoo! I agree totally :( A Youngstown State Student ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 22:44:58 -0600 (CST) From: NETANYAHU BENJAMIN Subject: Re: TMBG: anyone? Message-Id: > > Is anyone here at KU? Anyone going to the concert? Anyone know if it > > is an open to the public show? Anyone know how far it is from Norman, > > Oklahoma? Anyone understand the movie "Brewster McCloud"? > > > > heather > > yipee! i'm at KU and didn't know about the show until just now...thanks so much! it's the same day as Day On The Hill, a big concert thingy here, but i'm not sure that that is Their gig. i'll check out the details tomorrow and post 'em. KU is about 3.5 hours from Norman, OK, as i understand it. > Wellllll...Under ideal circumstances, I'll be going to either the show in > Mt. Vernon, IA or the one at KU. I have a feeling both are a rather long > drive ("it's just a full day's drive away...") from Lincoln, NE, which is > where I'm at. Plus, there's the fact that it's the weekend before finals > for me. But anyway, I might go. i've never done the drive to Lincoln, but a friend of mine said it too was 3.5-4 hours...and really, are finals that much more important than They are? spoken from a true graduating senior...:) jillian ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ "I didn't ask for whom the bell tolled, I just went ahead and tolled it." -- Cher, Clueless Jillian A'Lee Buser woohoojb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~woohoojb Environmental Studies/Urban Planning The University of Kansas ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-62 *****************************