Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-63 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 63 Tuesday, 4 March 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Ben Folds Five release date TMBG: Wav--> Snd TMBG: First post : Concert at Cornell College Re: TMBG: THEN: THE EARLIER YEARS Re: TMBG: That TMBG comic project TMBG: .wav files & Macintosh Re: TMBG: Tour Dates TMBG: Hot Cha! TMBG: This Comic business RE: TMBG: Weep Day RE: TMBG: Too cool! :D Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Re: TMBG:California? TMBG: Kansas day Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: BNL in React TMBG: Then ad in Spin TMBG: That Lovely Midwestern KU Concert In May, I Believe TMBG: Seattle RE: TMBG: Too cool! :D Re: TMBG: Then ad in Spin Re: TMBG: Kansas day TMBG: KU Concert (none) Re: NON-TMBG: Radio Station Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference Non-TMBG: BF5 release date TMBG: comic book thang, sister wendy Re: TMBG: Cards TMBG:concert dates TMBG: Non-Tmbg:sister wendy Re: TMBG: comic book thang, sister wendy RE: TMBG: SAT (Not really TMBG, but more of me complaining about my Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:sister wendy TMBG: EVIL,EVIL NEWS!!! :~( Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:sister wendy Re: TMBG:concert dates TMBG: KU show TMBG: Exquisite DAS Re: TMBG: comic book thang, sister wendy Re: TMBG: Exquisite DAS TMBG: question and comment TMBG: Cuper's address TMBG: FS: Pixies / They Might Be Giants / etc. TMBG: BUY THEN NOW! Re: TMBG: Tour Dates TMBG: Please take me off the list TMBG: My little sisters TMBG story. :) Re: TMBG: My little sisters TMBG story. :) Re: TMBG: Then ad in Spin Re: TMBG: My little sisters TMBG story. :) Re: TMBG: Exquisite DAS CARDS (none) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 10:43:53 +0000 From: iles@boreas.leeds.icnet.uk (Mark) Subject: TMBG: Ben Folds Five release date >Evan "Satan" Charkoff writes: >>In my CD Changer... 37 second .wav file: Battle Of Who Could Care less >>from unreleased Ben Folds Five album. Over And Over!! Delete this, and >remind me to buy the new BF5 album the day it comes out (I won't need >reminding...) > >All you have is the .wav file? Hurry, run out to your local magazine >stand and find the new issue of CMJ magazine. It's the one with Ani >Defranco on the cover. The mag comes with a disc of their favorite new >music, including ALL of Battle of Who Could Care Less. Oh yes, and the >new BF5 album, "Whatever and Ever Amen" - March 18. I'll remind ya. > >Josh "Fighting the Battle" Katzenhenimernugen 18th March!!! Are you sure about that? It's out in the UK today (Monday the 3rd). Surely we don't get it two weeks before you? Mark __________________________________________________________________________ Look, I've got an exciting new pretentious quote. And this time it's in French for double the ponciness: "Il n'y a rien de plus vrai que le souffle" Laetitia Sadier ___________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ Mark Iles, Tel: +44 (0113) 2064573 Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Fax: +44 (0113) 2340183 Genetic Epidemiology Laboratory, Ashley Wing, Email: iles@boreas.leeds.icnet.uk St James' University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, LS9 7TF U.K. ____________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 06:43:55 -0500 (EST) From: Joe Teagno <99teajoe@james.hawken.edu> Subject: TMBG: Wav--> Snd Message-ID: If you're bummed because you can't play Wavs like Weep Day and GreekNo3 on a Mac, don't worry. I use the program SoundApp. It converts WAVs to snd, MooV, and a whole bunch of other neat stuff. You can get it at: It's pretty cool. Check it out, Mac users! Joe ------------------------------ From: COMET757@aol.com Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:15:20 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970303081519_1779921940@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: First post : Concert at Cornell College Helol everybody! This is my first post on the TMBG-mailing list! Wahoo! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any information on the concert that will be at Cornell College in Mount Vernon, IA on June 4th. I'm badly wanting to know if it's open to the public. Pleeeease tell me! Also, I called Blockbuster Music and got the date March 25th for Then : TEY's release date. What'd everybody else get? Thanx! Remember, this is my first post, so be nice. : ) -Drayex, slayer of Diablo "The Spiraling Shape will make you go insane..." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703031323.IAA08112@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 08:23:43 EST From: "Brett Ballantini" Subject: Re: TMBG: THEN: THE EARLIER YEARS It's not much, but there's a quarter-page ad for _Then: The Earlier Years_ in the latest issue of _Spin_ (with Trent Renzor on the cover). Toward the back. Photo of Linnell with accordian. It looks like Flans has fallen and it can't get up. Peace, Brett ***Now playing: Butthole Surfers - _Independent Worm Saloon_ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970303144632.006895ec@mail.awod.com> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 09:46:32 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: That TMBG comic project At 10:59 PM 3/2/97 -0500, you wrote: > Hiya. >I finally finished drawing Benn's comic. >It turned out pretty good, and it's like >9 pages...I just emailed Cuper and >it came back to me, I guess he >either got a new email or none >at all...did anyone else send their >comics yet? Are we still doing it? I've sent mine off, but his e-mail address is bouncing. I haven't gotten any updates in months...anyone know what's going on? TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 10:58:19 -0600 From: Jonathan Chaffer Subject: TMBG: .wav files & Macintosh Many people have noted "invalid sound file" messages upon trying to access .wav files from the website. This proplem should *not* be occurring to Netscape users, regardless of which platform they are using. Unfortunately, it is, especially to Mac users. Until we get it fixed, here's the workaround: * Hold down the mouse button (right button for Windoze) on the link until the popup menu appears. * Select "Save this link as..." * Save the file on your hard disk. * Drag-drop the file onto a utility like SoundApp or Balthazar. Both of these are available at many shareware sources, including the UMich archives and Shareware.Com. * Enjoy! -- Jonathan Chaffer Student, University of Michigan http://www.tmbg.org/~jchaffer/ ftp/finger (My Mac): tmbg.reshall.umich.edu "You wanna see pressure, pal? Be glad I'm not wearing high heels." --Dr. Tim "Duty now, Spud." --Gnl. Boy "It's a rock gyro thing." --John Linnell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970303101226.005bff40@email.uc.edu> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 10:12:27 -0500 From: Heather Garver Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates At 11:26 PM 3/2/97 -0500, you wrote: > >On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > >> Oh sure... They prance all over the midwest speading love and joy, but only >> stop at ONE college in Ohio? And Students Only at that! >> -- >> Evan Chakroff >> The Internet Mystery Spot >> http://spot.home.ml.org >> >Woohoo! I agree totally :( >A Youngstown State Student > > Same goes here. The closest upcoming show for me is a four hour drive into Indiana. :( And I don't know whether my car can handle a drive like that. Heather Garver University of Cincinnati garverhl@email.uc.edu http://www.eng.uc.edu/~hgarver ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 10:33:05 -0500 (EST) From: Ellen Kao Subject: TMBG: Hot Cha! Message-ID: I was in the UC of my college this morning about to go up in the elevator when I realised that the song coming from the campus radio was "Hot Cha." Yay! I thought that was pretty neat. Right after this, they played some song from those other hot chas, BoystoMen, gotta love their variety =) Going back to bed, Ellen Ooo_o___OOo__oo_OoO____o_OO__oO_O___ooo "You don't know how precious you are- I am the one who lives with the Ocean." o__ooO__o_oOO__oo___o__OoO__ooO___ooOo_ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 11:30:43 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: This Comic business Message-ID: Seeing as Cuper has seemingly changed his name and fled to Mexico, I will administer what little authority I have in the land o' comics- I handed the project over to him, but... Here is the info on deadlines, page sizes, etc.- everything but Cuper's address, which, in a fit of brilliance, I deleted (anyone want to send this to me, I would be muy grateful)... Any other information needed, feel free to e-mail me privately, though I'm not too sure what I could tell you beyond this. Maybe the saga behind it (not that there is one!), or something...I've about finished mine. Well, no, not really, I've actually just started it- a cute thing about "Get Away," and it's looking pretty good! info's beyond my .sig... _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 18:33:48 -0500 (EST) From: Cuper Vargas To: Stephanie Elliott Subject: The comic. (fwd) Well, I've made a couple of mistakes, so let me start over and try to get them right. First the schedule: Right now: Brainstorming, organizing, procrastinating, thinking, sketching, etc. Monday, December 16th: Everybody start working. Monday, January 20th: (Writers only) Send your story to your illustrator. Monday, March 16th: Pieces are finished. Get ready to mail them to me. Monday, March 31st: This is the day by whcih I'd like to have all of the pieces. Wednesday, April 30th: Layout, binding, printing, etc. is done, and the process of mailing the finished books to everyone begins. The work itself: I apparently got the size of 8 X 11 WRONG. The industry standard is 8 1/2 x 11. So: -All pieces should be done 8 1/2 x 11. Leave a half-inch border around each side. If you want to work larger, then increase all measurements by 25% (10 5/8 in. x 13 3/4 in. with a 5/8 in. border). I would suggest even larger (and rounder numbers), but I'm pretty sure that if any edges surpass 11 x 17 (the industry standard), then copying will either become impossible or more expensive. At the very least, make sure you maintain the same PROPORTION as 8 1/2" x 11" w/ 1/2" border -All pieces should be done on blank, white paper. Use whatever weight and texture you are most comfortable with. -All pieces should be rendered in black ink (pen, marker, or brush), most likely on top of a pencil drawing. If you choose to use a different medium (pencil, paint, etc.), please make sure it is reproducible. Pencil won't cut it unless it is DARK, virtually BLACK. Even then, ink might be the way to go. I don't want to be a tyrant, but looking ahead, I think these rules will have to be adhered to so that the publishing process can go as smoothly as possible. I don't want to have all the pieces and find that I can't use one after all the work that went it to it. And a few, final ramblings... PHOTOGRAPHS: do you want a picture of yourself in the book or not? CRITICISM OR SUGGESTIONS: e-mail me. ILLUSTRATION: If anyone is willing to illustrate someone's story as well as their own, please contact me. Contact me only if you seriously think you will have time to do both. Well, I will speak to you all again when I figure out what else I've forgotten. -Cuper 11.26.96 ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Weep Day Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:44:05 -0800 >---------- >From: Perry Lee[SMTP:mlee@planet.net] >Sent: Sunday, March 02, 1997 9:48 AM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Weep Day > >Has anyone else decided that this has to be the coolest song that Flansy has >ever sung? > Well, maybe not the GREATEST, but by far one of the best. I've listened to it about 4 times already this morning, and am a long ways from getting tired of it. Though, my cubicle-mates might be... (: Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Too cool! :D Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:02:21 -0800 >---------- >From: KdsInThHal@aol.com[SMTP:KdsInThHal@aol.com] >Sent: Sunday, March 02, 1997 4:28 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Tlyco@aol.com; fy950@cleveland.freenet.edu; >ERigby1000@aol.com >Subject: TMBG: Too cool! :D > >GUYS! Check out this new TMBG pic on the WBER website! :) > >http://wber.monroe.edu > >sarah :) >linnellgirl@tmbg.org *AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH* Oh, sorry. That's just Linnell in a coffee-induced trance. Buy MAN, does he ever look scary in that pic! Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:21:13 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Message-ID: On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Heather Garver wrote: > Same goes here. The closest upcoming show for me is a four hour drive into > Indiana. :( > And I don't know whether my car can handle a drive like that. > Well, if that is the case, feel free to make a jaunt over here to IU in Bloomington (that's a two hour drive, fer real) and we can all drive up to Purdue, if that's which show you are speaking of. I'm sure Coche the car of fun can handle that many people, though it could be a tight squeeze, depending on who all goes. But then, that's the future, ain't it? _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 09:21:37 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703031721.JAA01693@f8.hotmail.com> From: " Carl Hoffmann" Subject: Re: TMBG:California? Anakin, TMBG will be at the Edge in Palo Alto on Thusday, March 13!!! Am I correct to assume that They have been playing more early matrial lately?? As far as I know, they are not sold out yet as I had posted earlier. Anyone else going????? --Carl Hoffmann From: Nick Hatton Subject: TMBG: California? does anyone know when or if TMBG will be returning to California? unfortunately I missed them the last time and I have never been to a They concert before. Anakin * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331B168B.162E@ou.edu> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 12:20:59 -0600 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: Kansas day Hey everyone considering the KU concert- I really want to go to this!! It's the week before finals for me, too.. but I'm especially determined since I'm an art major and only have one (Botany) final.. my boyfriend (a botany/biochem. major) says that if I study a week ahead of time really well, I will be all right. I'll be coming from Oklahoma University in Norman, Oklahoma... anyone else around planning on going? Unfortunately, my best friend and my boyfriend declined my invitation- Lorna is mega- must make 4.0, and Richard (bless his heart, he went with me to Harding U. in the fall.. a 6 hour drive and he isn't a major fan...) he can't go because he's got gobs of major finals. So unless I can find another TMBG fan that wants to go, I'm all alone! But I really want to go! So who all is going? Could we meet somewhere because the idea of taking Mop (my car) all alone with a OU sticker to KU.. a strange town all alone! seems not so fun.. anyways.. I am very much determined. heather ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Mon, 3 Mar 97 13:22 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg: BNL in React > >BNL was in react, which is a crappy wanna-be hip magazine for kids. It comes in >many papers. Ah, "React." I email them about once a week, trying to get them to do a feature article on TMBG. No luck yet. I *have* gotten them to send me two t-shirts and several ball-point pens for answering stuff on their web page, tho. I think I need a life. Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:40:04 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970303134002_951964905@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Then ad in Spin Well, I get my new Spin magazine today.... ::sigh:: flipping through the so-called "top 40 artists in music today" (and being quite dissatisfied with their choices, of course.. Marylin Manson? Bone Thugs N Harmony? Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan??? What the HELL is THIS about?) and tiredly flipped the paged, I was ultimately shocked to see a li'l TMBG Then ad! :D It's actually a picture I haven't seen either. Maybe I'll scan it today. It's pretty much cluttered with words, but it's got Linnell playing accordian (of course) and Flans..laying on the ground in a white t-shirt, no glasses, singing. (and it says *15* unreleased tracks, lol....can't wait to see this..) sarah linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703031903.NAA06346@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: That Lovely Midwestern KU Concert In May, I Believe Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:55:25 -0600 I'm going to find a map and figure out where this lovely place is, then I'm going to go insane the day it is held, for I will probably not be able to make any of my friends drive me there. And even if I did get to ge, it would be stdudents only, or cancelled, or something of the such. Mike "Bah. Never will I see They" Leffel Finishing up his drawings and preparing his hari kari sword ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: TMBG: Seattle Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 11:19:31 -0800 Just as an FYI... Yesterday (Sunday) morning, at about 9:45 am, I was listening to KNDD (107.7, The End) and Don't Let's Start came on. It was followed immediately by the DJ giving away a pair of tickets each to the first two over 21 callers who could correctly identify the origins of Their name. (: I was in my car at the time, so I didn't get to call in. Not for myself of course, cause I already have a ticket, but for those other poor unfortunate souls on the list (like Michelle) who are desperately scrounging for enough cash. (: Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 14:22:02 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: RE: TMBG: Too cool! :D Message-ID: Where is this scary picture? On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, McClusky, Jesse wrote: > >---------- > >From: KdsInThHal@aol.com[SMTP:KdsInThHal@aol.com] > >Sent: Sunday, March 02, 1997 4:28 PM > >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org; Tlyco@aol.com; fy950@cleveland.freenet.edu; > >ERigby1000@aol.com > >Subject: TMBG: Too cool! :D > > > >GUYS! Check out this new TMBG pic on the WBER website! :) > > > >http://wber.monroe.edu > > > >sarah :) > >linnellgirl@tmbg.org > > > *AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH* > > Oh, sorry. That's just Linnell in a coffee-induced trance. Buy MAN, > does he ever look scary in that pic! > > Jesse > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 14:24:07 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Then ad in Spin Message-ID: This picture youre talking about sounds like the picture on the back of the mini disc of Don't Lets Start...its black and white. Katie On Mon, 3 Mar 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > Well, I get my new Spin magazine today.... ::sigh:: flipping through the > so-called "top 40 artists in music today" (and being quite dissatisfied with > their choices, of course.. Marylin Manson? Bone Thugs N Harmony? Nusrat Fateh > Ali Khan??? What the HELL is THIS about?) and tiredly flipped the paged, I > was ultimately shocked to see a li'l TMBG Then ad! :D It's actually a picture > I haven't seen either. Maybe I'll scan it today. It's pretty much cluttered > with words, but it's got Linnell playing accordian (of course) and > Flans..laying on the ground in a white t-shirt, no glasses, singing. (and it > says *15* unreleased tracks, lol....can't wait to see this..) > > sarah > linnellgirl@tmbg.org > http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:27:01 -0600 (CST) From: NETANYAHU BENJAMIN Subject: Re: TMBG: Kansas day Message-Id: > finals. So unless I can find another TMBG fan that wants to go, I'm > all alone! But I really want to go! So who all is going? Could we meet > somewhere because the idea of taking Mop (my car) all alone with a OU > sticker to KU.. a strange town all alone! seems not so fun.. > hey now, lawrence isn't strange, it's the most friendly town in the midwest! and since it's such a travelling band mecca, we're pretty used to all sortsa people visiting. maybe we can hook up and do the town... jillian ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ "I didn't ask for whom the bell tolled, I just went ahead and tolled it." -- Cher, Clueless Jillian A'Lee Buser woohoojb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~woohoojb Environmental Studies/Urban Planning The University of Kansas ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 13:38:35 -0600 (CST) From: NETANYAHU BENJAMIN Subject: TMBG: KU Concert Message-Id: okay kids, here's the scoop. in my infinate sherlock holmes*ness, i have uncovered that They are playing DAY ON THE HILL here at KU...an all day, outdoor concert that has been tradition for fifty*something years...anyhow, it IS open to the public, and not only that, but FREE. the organization who puts on Day on the Hill says that they aren't promising anything, but my sources point to it being true. i'm all about KU, so if you're needing directions or places to stay or whatnot, all you gotta do is ask. jillian ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ "I didn't ask for whom the bell tolled, I just went ahead and tolled it." -- Cher, Clueless Jillian A'Lee Buser woohoojb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~woohoojb Environmental Studies/Urban Planning The University of Kansas ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703031943.OAA28496@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu> From: Greg Nicholson Date: Mon, 3 Mar 97 14:42:57 EST It seems that the April date in Maryland is no longer listed at tmbg.com. What's up? Did they cancel that date? Greg ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 14:47:40 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib <97starya@james.hawken.edu> Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Radio Station Message-ID: On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, McClusky, Jesse wrote: ** Yesterday (Sunday) morning, at about 9:45 am, ** I was listening to KNDD (107.7, The End) and Wait a minute. That's very dubious. Here in Cleveland, we have a 107.9, The End. They bill themselves as Cleveland's only modern rock station, the only place where you can here new alternative rock. The funny thing is, any time they play a commercial saying how they have new, different rock, they proceed to play some old Pearl Jam song or something similar. I don't get it. Anyone else have a The End in their city, playing 'alternative?' They did play The Guitar, and the old version of JKP on president's day (last year), however, so they're ok with me. :) RS ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:34:19 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703032034.MAA08672@f6.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: weird TMBG reference >At 06:18 PM 2/28/97 EST, The Chair is Not my Son wrote: >> What's a Beck? >It's a small, furry rodent, somewhat resembling a chipmunk. They seem cute >and cuddly, but when you stick your fingers in their mouth they will bite >them off! (So don't try it!) Clever. >Oh yeah, and it's a band, too. No, Beck is a person. Last name Hansen. blooey Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ########################################################## "The most satisfying thing a man can hold in his hand is ... a ten-pound flashlight." Harry Solomon (my new crush) Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970303153503.0086bc50@mail.ee.net> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 15:35:03 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Non-TMBG: BF5 release date At 10:43 AM 3/3/97 +0000, Mark wrote: >>new BF5 album, "Whatever and Ever Amen" - March 18. I'll remind ya. >> >18th March!!! Are you sure about that? It's out in the UK today (Monday the >3rd). Surely we don't get it two weeks before you? March 11, actually, so one week after you get it. -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:53:44 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970303153302_-937450137@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: comic book thang, sister wendy >.I just emailed Cuper and >it came back to me, I guess he >either got a new email or none >at all...did anyone else send their >comics yet? Are we still doing it? I had... Hmm. Maybe it was just a scheme to steal our work, and he got mine, claimed it as his own, moved to New York City, became a famous artist.. oh wait, no... Hmm. ;) I dunno what's going on. And Mike "confusing me" Leffel: WHO is sister wendy?? (and is it leffELL or LEFFel? Hee hee... ;)) sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org MStie# 77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331B6075.3524@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 15:36:21 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: Re: TMBG: Cards Dan Studnicky wrote: > > Here are a few card suggestions: > > The Hotel Detective shooting saphire bullets at something/someone (Eric, The Spiralling Shape, Chess Piece Face) > > Flans running from a pick-up truck being driven by Ondine. > > Flans being a "SPY" > > The John's whistling in the dark. > > Linnell using a shoehorn with teeth. > > The John's wearing Purple Toupees > > Any comments? If no one else will I'll do the sapphire bullets one. Blink ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331B6585.4911@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 15:57:57 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: TMBG:concert dates > Same goes here. The closest upcoming show for me is a four hour drive into > Indiana. :( > And I don't know whether my car can handle a drive like that. > Heather Garver Try the Richmond KY show. It's much closer, less than 3 hours away, and you can say hi to all the Lexington TMBGers who will be there that I had to move away from. Blink ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 21:53:11 +0000 (GMT) From: D Robertson Subject: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:sister wendy Message-ID: Egad a base tone... _______________________________________________________________________________ Douglas Robertson What not to do on News Groups:- Derwent College Post to soc.culture.women asking "What's your University of York favourite brand of oven mitts little ladies? Heslington Ask readers of comp.sci.algorithms how to get to York Super Mario to the castle. YO1 5DD Use overly long sigs. Emmmmmmmmmm. FLUMCAKE ON-LINE:It's got more words than your average cabbage patch. http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/flumcake ...denotes a bad age _______________________________________________________________________________ On Mon, 3 Mar 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > > And Mike "confusing me" Leffel: WHO is sister wendy?? If sister wendy is who I thinkj she is then she's a Nun who's made her carear out of wandering round art galleries and commenting upon the erotic details in paintings. If I'm wrong then I apoligise but I think that's who she is. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970303220946.00697760@130.127.8.1> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 17:09:46 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: comic book thang, sister wendy At 03:53 PM 3/3/97 -0500, you wrote: > >I had... Hmm. Maybe it was just a scheme to steal our work, and he got mine, >claimed it as his own, moved to New York City, became a famous artist.. oh >wait, no... Hmm. ;) I dunno what's going on. Hmm...this does raise an interesting issue. Even if someone else decides to take over the comic project, what about those of us who have already mailed Cuper our entries? TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 97 02:07:29 UT From: "William Blacksher" Message-Id: Subject: RE: TMBG: SAT (Not really TMBG, but more of me complaining about my Hey! I'm a freshman at the moment, and I took the ACT as a 7th grader. I got like a 25 or 26 composite. I keep getting stuff asking me to go to that camp. Washington University here in St. Louis keeps sending me stuff too. I guess it was the field trip I took last year with the gifted program at my school. They made sure they got everyone's address. -Laura the Left-Handed Geek I'm going nuts! My room is being painted tomorrow. My cd player is unplugged, so I can't listen to anything. My dad was in my room masking everything, and I was playing FS. I got bored with that and put on A18. He was ok with everything up until Fingertips. Then, he and my mom walk in and say, "What is this crap? Turn it off! It sucks!". I was forced to put on my favorite classical cd that I stole from my mom, but I had to skip "that opera crap". I think my parents need to take a music education class from me. I'm also going nuts because I can't take any allergy medicine until Friday, even though I get hives all over when I don't. I have to undergo the torture called allergy tests.I think that the person who made them up should be shot. Putting dots of stuff that you might be allergic to on your back and making you sit and wait to see if you itch is some kind of primitive torture. They use needles, too. What time is Conan on CNBC? Sorry about complaining so much.... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703032231.QAA10041@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:sister wendy Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 16:22:43 -0600 > > On Mon, 3 Mar 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > > > > > And Mike "confusing me" Leffel: WHO is sister wendy?? > > If sister wendy is who I thinkj she is then she's a Nun who's made her > carear out of wandering round art galleries and commenting upon the erotic > details in paintings. If I'm wrong then I apoligise but I think that's who > she is. MUHUHAHAHAH!!! MUHUHAHAHAH!!! I've made them all WONDER! Well, I've never really considered her some sort of artsy fartsy autoeotic ghoul, but thats basically the poop. Mike "I hope you all enjoy the CBS Evening News Tonight" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:06:24 -0600 (CST) From: **Tarnished Silence** Subject: TMBG: EVIL,EVIL NEWS!!! :~( Message-Id: Sad and Mournful Greetings! Evil News for all who were interested in the May 4th They Might Be Giants concert at Cornell College in Mt. Vernon, IA!!! I called them today. At first, they had no idea what I was talking about. The girl ran off to find someone. Then she came back with the news: The show is still tentative and if it is definately scheduled, it will be open to STUDENTS ONLY!!!! How can they do this? UGH!!! I'm very, very ticked and saddened. This was perhaps my only chance to see them in a very long time, and now I will have to go home and curl up with my Factory Showroom CD and just dream....*sigh* Well....I guess there IS still the *free* show at KU....anyone interested in driving to that one? It is on May 3rd...a Saturday. I _might_ be able to drive to that one....possibly, but it'd be really tough. *weep* Oh, well. Everyone have a good day anyhow. Tarnished Silence 210 /-------------------------------------------------------------\ | "Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that | | I want. Or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want | | to do." --They Might Be Giants | | | | *************** TARNISHED SILENCE *********************** | | prallena@martin.luther.edu paul.luther.edu/~prallena | \-------------------------------------------------------------/ ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 18:28:22 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Non-Tmbg:sister wendy Message-ID: Oh my god! I love sister Wendy..I watch her show all the time..its the funniest thing.Its this little old nun with an Overbite walking around a museum looking at nude art saying things like "I love his work overall but Im not fond of the way he reflects society in the way his buttocks shine in the morning sun." Quality television. On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Mike Leffel wrote: > > > > > On Mon, 3 Mar 1997 KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: > > > > > > > > And Mike "confusing me" Leffel: WHO is sister wendy?? > > > > If sister wendy is who I thinkj she is then she's a Nun who's made her > > carear out of wandering round art galleries and commenting upon the > erotic > > details in paintings. If I'm wrong then I apoligise but I think that's > who > > she is. > > MUHUHAHAHAH!!! MUHUHAHAHAH!!! I've made them all WONDER! > > Well, I've never really considered her some sort of > artsy fartsy autoeotic ghoul, but thats basically the poop. > > > Mike "I hope you all enjoy the CBS Evening News Tonight" Leffel > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970303185904.005aa830@email.uc.edu> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:59:06 -0500 From: Heather Garver Subject: Re: TMBG:concert dates At 03:57 PM 3/3/97 -0800, you wrote: >> Same goes here. The closest upcoming show for me is a four hour drive into >> Indiana. :( >> And I don't know whether my car can handle a drive like that. >> Heather Garver >Try the Richmond KY show. It's much closer, less than 3 hours away, and >you can say hi to all the Lexington TMBGers who will be there that I had >to move away from. > >Blink > > Thanks, I didn't even notice that there was a show in Kentucky. Heather Garver University of Cincinnati garverhl@email.uc.edu http://www.eng.uc.edu/~hgarver ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: KU show Message-ID: <19970303.165737.12206.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (I have no Name) Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:58:20 EST I haven't been getting the list for a while (i think it's a juno thing) but what is this i hear? linnell is married??? hmm... anyways onto the KU show. Does anyone know how far away it si from Denver, CO? i was planning on going to the Palo Alto show but couldn't quite afford the airline ticket and so i ask this also. what is this about it being a free show?? that would seriously help if i have to fly there! =) BTW i'm in the process of making a 100% sterling silver THEY ring. woohoo it rocks!! don't you all just wish you were as talented as i am?? maybe i'll put a pic up of it when i finish! No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful, Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful, they want what they're not and I wish they would stop.... JODA (where's my clan of yedi?) (Jordan) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703040001.TAA12399@gaea.andover.edu> Subject: TMBG: Exquisite DAS Date: Mon, 3 Mar 97 19:04:26 -0500 From: "jcogliano@andover.edu" Hi there! The ba ba ba's in Exquisite Dead Guy kinda sound like morse code. The first letters I heard were D and E, so I thought it would spell DEAD. It didn't. Instead, after much relistening, I'm sure the ba's spell DAS. Wierd... DAS is also SAD backwards... 'finally saying something after lurking for a LONG time -Cogs _________________________________________________________________ John P. Cogliano "Cogs" jcogliano@andover.edu - paulcog@mdc.net - http://cogs.home.ml.org "Be what you're like, be like yourself" -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 19:14:32 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: comic book thang, sister wendy Message-ID: On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Adam Tyner wrote: > Hmm...this does raise an interesting issue. Even if someone else decides to > take over the comic project, what about those of us who have already mailed > Cuper our entries? > I don't know. I'm starting to feel like this is all my fault, but then, I don't think it is...I would take over the project myself since I instigated the whole thing, but then, I haven't the first Idea as to where to get it printed up and all, and I can't afford to do it myself, and the deadline would have to be pushed ahead till at least summer. So, kiddos, what I'm saying here is that we need to begin a letter writing (and I mean snail mail, here!) campaign to Cuper to a. Find out why he ran out on us, b. what's he done with our stuff, and c. what the hell is going on? But as I said, I have misplaced his address- Adam Tyner, I believe that I sent a copy to you, so if you could post it on the list for everyone to have- and whoever else has it, try and post it as well- and then we can find out what's going on and get our collective acts together. This is the best advice I have for yall's. If worse comes to worse, though, and Cuper has indeed changed his name and fled the country, I beleive that I can take over the reins of this operation, and to those who may have lost their artwork, I am truly sorry, and can only say that you should try and reproduce it, come up with something new, or send a hit man after Cuper. Vargas, man, can you hear us? Where are ya? _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 19:18:25 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Exquisite DAS Message-ID: On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, jcogliano@andover.edu wrote: > The ba ba ba's in Exquisite Dead Guy kinda sound like morse code. The > first letters I heard were D and E, so I thought it would spell DEAD. It > didn't. Instead, after much relistening, I'm sure the ba's spell DAS. > Wierd... DAS is also SAD backwards... > Cool! If that were true, that would be song, what? Number two in the "let's use Dial-A-Song in our song" series! This and "Swing is a Word (Six Feet Down)" _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" \\ -Conan O'Brien on Integrity TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331B719D.49C6@lnd.com> Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:49:33 -0600 From: "The Acting Brilliance of Doug E. Doug" Subject: TMBG: question and comment Hey all in TMBG-land! Just de-lurking for a few to ask if anyone knows where I can get those cool hats they were selling at the concerts. You know, the ones that look like the things they had on the Conan appearance that everyone wants to know what color the letters are. They're not listed at tmbg.com, so I wondered if anyone knows of any other place to get 'em. Also wanted to mention that I just got House of Mayors, and it's brilliant! I would never have expected such a long, multi-layered piece of music from Linnell (not a put-down, but y'know he's so good at these 3-4 minute songs, who knew a 14-minute one would turn out so well!) I must say, the de-tuned piano bits really drive my friends crazy (always a plus). "And the spell that was cast was a ballot for the House of Mayors." -- Jim B. "Born to be a god among salesmen, Working the skinny ties..." -Soul Coughing ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 19:55:13 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199703040055.TAA28387@hubcap.clemson.edu> From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Cuper's address To anyone interested in getting the snail mail address of Cuper Vargas, the person formerly in charge of the TMBG comic that dicked us over: Cuper Vargas 625 Granite Springs Road Yorktown Hts., NY 10598 TTYL, -Adam Tyner /========================================\ Adam Tyner 0- ctyner@awod.com http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ Home of He-Man, Weird Al, MST3K, and more! ------------------------------ From: drylung@aol.com (DryLung) Subject: TMBG: FS: Pixies / They Might Be Giants / etc. Date: 2 Mar 1997 08:30:50 GMT Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com Message-ID: <19970302034900.WAA14466@ladder02.news.aol.com> Even though I hate to do this, I need to put a few of my CDs up for sale. All CDs are in great shape and play without fine. All prices are in US dollares and are not set in stone (so if you want to make a deal, go for it). I guess shipping (US/Canada) will be $1.50 for the first CD and $0.50 each after that. (extra for other places) Pixies Come On Pilgrim - $6 Surfer Rosa - $8 Doolittle - $8 Here Comes Your Man (UK single) - $5 Monkey Gone To Heaven (US single) - $3 Bossanove - $8 Dig For Fire (Canada single) (cut out) - $2 Velouria (US single) - $3 Trompe Le Monde - $8 Planet Of Sound (UK single) - $5 Alec Eiffel (US single) - $3 Head On EP (Canada single) - $3 They Might be Giants They Might Be Giants - $8 Lincoln - $8 Apolla 18 - $8 I Palindrome I (US single) - $3 The Guitar (US single) - $3 Why Does The Sun Shine (US single) - $3 Back To Skull (US single) -$3 John Henery - $8 The Amps Trip City (1 track promo) - $1 Compulsion Comforter - $8 Mall Monarchy (1 track radio promo) - $1 Compulsion (5 track promo) - $3 Thanks for reading this. ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199703040240.VAA05872@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: BUY THEN NOW! Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 21:40:00 -0500 (EST) You can buy 'Then: The Earlier Years' now. Well, ok, not buy it, but you can reserve your copy to be shipped out on March 25th! In fact, you can have it FedEx'd so you'll be one of the first to have it! To do this go to 'www.tmbg.org' and follow the link to CDNow. There's also a link on the song preview page. Please use the link on www.tmbg.org as it will allow us to get credit for you purchasing the CD, and will allow us to do more cool things in the future. Thanks! -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 21:14:42 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: Tour Dates Message-ID: > Oh sure... They prance all over the midwest speading love and joy, but only > stop at ONE college in Ohio? And Students Only at that! > Uhhhhh...let me rephrase this for you. You meant to say that They prance all over the midwest spreading love and joy, but purposefully skip St. Louis and most of Ohio just to piss us off. Oh yeah, I understand that They played St. Louis, but it was during my winter break, when I was at home. Not that I'm bitter or anything... Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu ------------------------------ From: Phlegn@aol.com Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 23:53:48 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970303235347_-1875464782@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Please take me off the list Please take me off the list. Thanks. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:16:59 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970303231339_-1674432652@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: My little sisters TMBG story. :) My 7-year-old sister (with a crush on mr. linny) wrote this out of the blue today: - They Might Be Giants Jin Lnall and his wif (turn page) Somoen I now in They Might Be Giants jit got mared to hes gerlfrind (turn page) I wndr if his wiaf is going to have a baby too (turn page) and I wndr if it's going to be s boy or gerl (the end) - sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:40:49 -0500 (EST) From: Puffin Subject: Re: TMBG: My little sisters TMBG story. :) Message-ID: Aw, how cute!!! *smile* and they keep raking in the girls!!!! hahahaha!! :) Christine the left-handed backwards-reading Jellybean -Hug a cow. It'll make you laugh.- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:49:14 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970304005256.264f3e94@postoffice.yorku.ca> From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: Re: TMBG: Then ad in Spin At 13:40 3/3/97 -0500, KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: >Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan??? What the HELL is THIS about?) Nusrat is a big fat Indian man...not American Indian, Indian Indian. He sings traditional Indian music and is an incredibly popular star both in India as well as North America. Please don't ask me how I know this. Alex ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703040612.WAA28341@mta1.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 22:11:26 -0800 (PST) From: Nick Hatton Subject: Re: TMBG: My little sisters TMBG story. :) ...coming out of lurk.... All I have to say is good job! Train them while they're young. Anakin H---|:]} _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "The One and Only" Subject: Re: TMBG: Exquisite DAS CARDS Date: Tue, 04 Mar 97 23:23:29 PST I think I smell an idea for a new DAS series of cards here (or an extension of an already existing series? I'm too lazy to go look now.) I MAY have the money for the concert free and clear now... I actually succeeded in convincing the parents to pay me for buying the Star Wars Trilogy on video last week, AND a trip to Spokane has been canceled due to crappy weather in the pass. LIFE IS GOOD! Michelle "I have always seen twenty-four as a charmed year. It was the year I lost my sense of being young -- but that's another story. It's reassuring to see people deal with being twenty-four better than the way we dealt with it, which is never too well." -- Douglas Coupland "The German Reporter" ---------- | On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, jcogliano@andover.edu wrote: | | > The ba ba ba's in Exquisite Dead Guy kinda sound like morse code. The | > first letters I heard were D and E, so I thought it would spell DEAD. It | > didn't. Instead, after much relistening, I'm sure the ba's spell DAS. | > Wierd... DAS is also SAD backwards... | > | Cool! If that were true, that would be song, what? Number two in the | "let's use Dial-A-Song in our song" series! This and "Swing is a Word | (Six Feet Down)" | | _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ | // \\ | // "I can't believe I just said 'fixins', but I did because I'm a whore" | \\ | -Conan O'Brien on Integrity | | TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! | ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703040617.WAA28414@mta1.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 22:17:21 -0800 (PST) From: Nick Hatton ....delurking Captain..... Thank you all for you support and advice. I do live in LA vicnity but somehow missed info on El Rey show, and despite my painful yearning to travel to Pal Alto, It would not be possible. Oh well, at least in less than a month Then will be gleefully taunting me from the store window (or dusty hidden music rack, as the case may be :). Anakin === .....engaging lurk device..... _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-63 *****************************