Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-65 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 65 Thursday, 6 March 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: JKP on NPR TMBG: npr? TMBG: Yiipie! No More Card Haters! Yippee! Re: TMBG: NEED EXTRA IRVING CARD TMBG: See ya in St. Pete! RE: TMBG: Semi- and Totally TMBG related (sort of) Re: TMBG: KU TMBG: Clarifying... TMBG: tmbg on radio, kit kat, best man, parents, aka's, andy, dewan Re: TMBG: List of Lyrical/Musical References (LONG!) TMBG: TM TMBG: Singles In Ohio TMBG: CONTEST! TMBG: JPK and my brother Re: TMBG: Semi- and Totally TMBG related (sort of) TMBG: that guy on m2! TMBG: Fwd: Good Message for Teenagers Re: TMBG: CONTEST! Re: TMBG: that guy on m2! TMBG: article posting illegal? TMBG: Kit Kat Date Dite TMBG: Raleigh/Richmond TMBG: When new THEN song? TMBG: Weep Day Oakland Raiders Re: TMBG: NEED EXTRA IRVING CARD Re: TMBG: Best Man, Kit Kat, Florida!, JKP NPR Re: TMBG: Lots of They crud Re: TMBG: article posting illegal? Re: TMBG: CONTEST! TMBG: Stereo Review Review Re: TMBG: Stereo Review Review Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 01:08:11 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19970305011205.263724bc@postoffice.yorku.ca> From: "The Famous Mr. Klaw" Subject: TMBG: JKP on NPR At 17:07 3/4/97 -0500, Adam Tyner wrote: >>JKP NPR- Did any one get the performance of James K. Polk on All Things >>Considered into a .wav or any other sound form? Please tell me in private if >>anyone did. > >I e-mailed the webmaster @ NPR and asked if he could post a WAV or RA or >something of it on the npr.org page. I doubt he'll do it, but at least I >asked. :> If anyone does have a WAV, please FTP it to ftp.tmbg.org or >something so everyone can get a copy... There is a RealAudio site on the web that has an archive of past NPR performances. I went there in the hopes of finding the one with the JKP performance (Feb 17, 1997), and was delighted to find it. I was, however, very disappointed to discover that the show is incomplete! In fact, it fades out just as JKP starts up...all you hear is the drum beat, and the show fades out and ends. I sent a message about a week ago to whoever runs the site, asking if it was possible for them to extend the RA file to include the TMBG performance. I received no reply, so I sent another message last night. If they don't answer me this time, I think we should simply flood their mailbox with requests for the TMBG portion of the show. Check out the site and let me know if you're with me on this. The URL is: http://www.realaudio.com/contentp/npr/atc_index.html Alex ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19960105030838.007b0d20@mail.binghamton.edu> Date: Fri, 05 Jan 1996 03:08:38 -0500 From: Richard Chung Subject: TMBG: npr? can anyone in the Broome County, New York region tell me what station npr is on? i always hear how they play on npr or are doing some type of interview or something, but i can never listen and i have a slow connection so real audio does nothing for me. thanks in advance. btw the person who posted about the ip flyers...how did you know what would be in the pack? can you tell me what else will be in it? rich ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703050859.CAA21188@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: Yiipie! No More Card Haters! Yippee! Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 02:49:49 -0600 As pertaining to the Tmbg Trading Cards, (AKA's)... We didn't stop making them. We're just keeping them away from people like you. Mike "no, really.. *your* thoughts and ideas *are* far more entertaining" Leffel In a precariously snippy mood. ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: NEED EXTRA IRVING CARD Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 06:09:17 -0600 Message-ID: <19970305120916354.AAA270@ppp165.baraboo.com> >tell me why someone should send one to your friend when they could send one >to me... especially when your friend knows several people who have these >wondrous cards, and I know not one person. > >;> > Same here! Why bother giving it to one of thosee lucky new yorkers, just send it over to me! :) -Wyatt, who doesnt have a Tower within 300 Miles Of Him(Milwaukee) ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:24:27 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305102425_651697126@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: See ya in St. Pete! Just wanted to let y'all know I just got tickets for me and my mom for the St.Petersburg show on April 12, YAY! I'll be the short chick wearing, as usual, my Kids in the Hall shirt accompanied by a cool older lady who will be going just as nuts as I will! Later, Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Semi- and Totally TMBG related (sort of) Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:42:39 -0800 >---------- >From: Cory Calhoun[SMTP:n9641070@janice.cc.wwu.edu] >Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 1997 7:24 PM >To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Semi- and Totally TMBG related (sort of) > >Hey all, it's Cory again. Wow, do I lurk! Not that I really mean to, but >I just have less to say and say it less often! > >Anyway, for all you graphics-lovin' folk out there (and >non-graphics-lovin' folk, I suppose), I've created a They Might Be Giants >logo that looks the exact same upside-down and right-side-up. (These >things are call "ambigrams".) It's at the bottom of the page, but it's >big. I also have a list of the twelve months in which the first six look >like the last six when turned upside-down! > >The address is: >http://paul.spu.edu/~sfeil/ambigrams.html > >And yes sir, I'm a graphics magic! >Hope you all like it, >Cory VERY kool! Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 12:03:37 -0600 (CST) From: ILOVEMARTHASTEWART Subject: Re: TMBG: KU Message-Id: in regards to who else is playing Day on the Hill here at KU-- the official list has not and will not be public until APRIL as they tell me. the organization who puts on the concert every year won't even confirm that They are coming...you can rest assured, though, that the line up will be a good one...with names like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Matthew Sweet and Urge Overkill being past participants, this year shouldn't be a disappointment...especially with Them here. :) i will post more info as i get it, but like i said, everyone is being super hush*hush about it all...oh, and if you're interested, i have some ultra*hip guy friends i could introduce you to...that is if you decide you need a man who appreciates the beauty that is TMBG. :) jillian - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * jillian buser * university of kansas * woohoojb@falcon.cc.ukans.edu * http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~woohoojb i met someone at the dog show * she was holding my left arm * but everyone was acting normal so i tried to look nonchalant * we both said i really love you * the shriners loaned us cars * we raced up and down the sidewalk twenty thousand million times - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:18:25 -0800 (PST) From: Cory Calhoun Subject: TMBG: Clarifying... Message-Id: BTW, to all those who read my last message, I honestly meant that I was a graphics MAJOR! I guess "graphics magic" sounds sort of conceited. What can I say? I was really tired! Cory ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:43:17 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305134315_-1774639335@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: tmbg on radio, kit kat, best man, parents, aka's, andy, dewan >Card idea of the day: TMBG on the radio. (But since they >rarely get actually played on the radio, it will be the 2 John's >standing and playing on top of a radio. :).... If you guys want to listen to a statio that actally plays _non-mainstream_ (well, I can't say alternative, since that word is corrupt.. ;)), go to: http://wber.monroe.edu (of course you'll need Real Audio.) It's the statio up here in Rochester NY, and they broadcast it on RA too. My friend in FL was listening, and she called up, aaaalll the way from FL to request a song. :) >Kit Kat- Well, I have the Kit Kat Acoustic thing, and I was >wondering if anyone had a date on it... Nope. I got mine directly copied off cd, and there was nooooo date given. :T I even asked. >Best Man- I wonder about this... Was Linnell Flans' best man? >And if so, did that prompt Linnell to choose Flans? I wish >there was some kind of spy there. This info would be so >juicy. I wondered the same thing myself. For some reason, I'd think Linnell's would be Brian Dewan... I dunno... Are Flans and Linnell "best-friends"? I'd think Flans' would have been like, Frank Black or Mike Viola (well, I don't know them well enough to know their -non- musician friends, lol!)... >Both my parents should be standing with those kids on the >inside of John Henry. Lol, wow! What music do your parents find "With a discernable beat"? :D My mom likes They... Not *likes likes*, but she likes 'em. I got her into BNL, and now she listens to them more than *I* do! >i would like to give a mighty large *THANK YOU* for stopping >with the danged cards... Oh, we've stopped? ;) No, i think we've just settled down. But I don't consider it anywhere *near* over... >"if the talk show gig fell through, I could always sing in a >rock and roll band..." LOL! I love Andy Richter to pieces! He's so funny! :D And a plea: Is there anyone who'd offer to fill up a tape of Brian Dewan for me? I have yet to hear his stuff (other than fingertips), I'll offer a tape in trade - my list is: http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/audio.html#TMBG sarah, now listening to-- CBC radio. :) MSTie#77216 ~ TMBGer #45127 linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:09:07 -0500 () From: LIZard Subject: Re: TMBG: List of Lyrical/Musical References (LONG!) Message-ID: BRAVO! I think its great LIZard > > > > ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703051930.AA02276@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: TM Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:30:56 -0500 (EST) > (well, I can't say alternative, since that word is corrupt.. ;)), go to: > http://wber.monroe.edu > (of course you'll need Real Audio.) > It's the statio up here in Rochester NY, and they broadcast it on RA too. My > friend in FL was listening, and she called up, aaaalll the way from FL to > request a song. :) How non-mainstream is it? Most radio stations can only go so far non-mainstream before they start losing money or so it seems. Do they play Bavarian mountain bugle horn music? ;) >the organization who puts on the concert every year won't even >confirm that They are coming...you can rest assured, though, that the >line >up will be a good one...with names like Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Matthew >Sweet >and Urge Overkill being past participants, this year shouldn't be a >disappointment...especially with Them here. :) Now that would be interesting, not to mention supernatural if Nirvana showed up again! ;) Maybe it will be TMBG and their Japanese counterparts, the Nelories. 8-) Matt -- upcoming concerts: Robyn Hitchcock- 8x10, Baltimore 3/5 (maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970305144303.008685e0@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 14:43:03 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Singles In Ohio Hey, anyone know where I can get TMBG singles (BTS, Guitar) in North East Columbus Ohio??? -ec ------------------------------ Message-id: <3015317@hanover.VALLEY.NET> Date: 05 Mar 97 17:09:58 EST From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: TMBG: CONTEST! Ok, My 4 digit bike lock has TMBG signifigance. If you can tell me what number is, you get a prize. ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 17:42:23 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305173542_1947939124@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: JPK and my brother A few days ago, my brother and I were... (my memory is fading) um... doing something regarding JKP (I might have been playing it on guitar). Anyway, He said something like: "Was this guy a real poet?" !!!!????? I was just like, "What the Hell is wrong with you?? He was the 11th president of the United States!" He goes, "SORRY! How the hell am I suppossed to know that?" !!!!!!????? Now keep in mind my brother is 18 years old. Just thought I needed to share that. ~Dan E. Boy BTW- That's the same brother famous for singing: "Rythm section is wanted"!! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <331DA66B.42B3@baka.com> Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 16:59:23 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: Re: TMBG: Semi- and Totally TMBG related (sort of) > > Hey all, it's Cory again. Wow, do I lurk! Not that I really mean to, but > I just have less to say and say it less often! > > Anyway, for all you graphics-lovin' folk out there (and > non-graphics-lovin' folk, I suppose), I've created a They Might Be Giants > logo that looks the exact same upside-down and right-side-up. (These > things are call "ambigrams".) It's at the bottom of the page, but it's > big. I also have a list of the twelve months in which the first six look > like the last six when turned upside-down! Neat. I'd never before heard of an ambigram, but I stood on my head, and whoa. It really is the same upside down. Cool. -- "This story's getting boring and the spectators are snoring I suggest you turn the dial"-Dude of Life Jonah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:11:32 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305181131_-1941131928@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: that guy on m2! Okay, any of you who watch the m2 hour on mtv - the guy who does the little promo "24 more hours of rock videos to see, running in perpetual rotation on tv, sit back and....[????], every muscle atrophies...[????] when you could be climbing trees, oh yeah, when you could be climbing trees." Is that Dewan? I noticed he looked like Richter and he had a guitar/keyboard! So I logically thought...is it? AND: NEWSFLASH! Clarissa Explains it all - tomorrow (Thursday) I PROMISE it'll be the first one! Right now is the one where she gets an internship, and this one was the last one last time!!!! sarah ------------------------------ From: MurphMomx3@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 18:45:37 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305183953_-1573566844@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Fwd: Good Message for Teenagers In a message dated 97-03-04 22:50:40 EST, sgeier@juno.com (Shelly A. Geier) writes: and I add: This is a good message for anyone who has loved ones on the roads...and for those who have, work with or know teenagers ~ or who might accidentally drive after drinking! << ONE NIGHT AUTHOR UNKNOWN I went to a party, Mom, I remembered what you said. You told me not to drink, Mom, so I drank soda instead. I really felt proud inside, Mom, the way you said I would. I didn't drink and drive, Mom, even though the others said I should. I know I did the right thing, Mom, I know you are always right. Now the party is finally ending, Mom, as everyone is driving out of sight. As I got into my car, Mom, I knew I'd get home in one piece Because of the way you raised me, so responsible and sweet. I started to drive away, Mom, but as I pulled out into the road, the other car didn't see me, Mom, and hit me like a load. As I lay there on the pavement, Mom, I hear the policeman say, the other guy is drunk, Mom, and now I'm the one who will pay. I'm lying here dying, Mom. I wish you'd get here soon. How could this happen to me, Mom? My life just burst like a balloon. There is blood all around me, Mom, and most of it is mine. I hear the medic say, Mom, I'll die in a short time. I just wanted to tell you, Mom, I swear I didn't drink. It was the others, Mom. The others didn't think. He was probably at the same party as I. The only difference is, he drank and I will die. Why do people drink, Mom? It can ruin your whole life. I'm feeling sharp pains now. Pains just like a knife. The guy who hit me is walking, Mom, and I don't think it's fair. I'm lying here dying and all he can do is stare. Tell my brother not to cry, Mom. Tell Daddy to be brave. And when I go to heaven, Mom, put "Daddy's Girl" on my grave. Someone should have told him, Mom, not to drink and drive. If only they had told him, Mom, I would still be alive. My breath is getting shorter, Mom. I'm becoming very scared. Please don't cry for me, Mom. When I needed you, you were always there. I have one last question, Mom, before I say good bye. I didn't drink and drive, so why am I the one to die? ************************ Someone took the effort to write this poem. So please, forward this to as many people as you can. And see if we can get a chain going around the world that will make people understand that drinking and driving don't mix. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, so please forward this letter to as many people as you can. >> I suggest all of you to do the same !!! --------- End forwarded message ---------- ----------------------- Headers -------------------------------- From sgeier@juno.com Tue Mar 4 22:49:45 1997 Return-Path: sgeier@juno.com Received: from r2.boston.juno.com (r2.boston.juno.com [205.231.101.241]) by emin45.mail.aol.com (8.6.12/8.6.12) with ESMTP id WAA00251; Tue, 4 Mar 1997 22:49:43 -0500 Received: from x9.boston.juno.com (x9.boston.juno.c >> --------------------- Forwarded message: From: sgeier@juno.com (Shelly A. Geier) To: MurphMomX3@AOL.COM CC: tomr@pararest.com, KRoss@Worldnet.Att.net, ROYCE-NH.COM@Worldnet.Att.net, Fran10sons@AOL.COM Date: 97-03-04 22:50:40 EST --------- Begin forwarded message ---------- From: Glo2194375@aol.com To: genevieve_walker@ea.epson.com, susie_moir@ea.epson.com,mary_gau@ea.epson.com, dale_fields@ea.epson.com, sgeier@juno.com,audrianne_adams@ea.epson.com Subject: DAH! Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 12:43:02 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970304124301_1914236388@emout10.mail.aol.com> It would be helpful if I added the special part! Sorry. gloria ONE NIGHT AUTHOR UNKNOWN I went to a party, Mom, I remembered what you said. You told me not to drink, Mom, so I drank soda instead. I really felt proud inside, Mom, the way you said I would. I didn't drink and drive, Mom, even though the others said I should. I know I did the right thing, Mom, I know you are always right. Now the party is finally ending, Mom, as everyone is driving out of sight. As I got into my car, Mom, I knew I'd get home in one piece Because of the way you raised me, so responsible and sweet. I started to drive away, Mom, but as I pulled out into the road, the other car didn't see me, Mom, and hit me like a load. As I lay there on the pavement, Mom, I hear the policeman say, the other guy is drunk, Mom, and now I'm the one who will pay. I'm lying here dying, Mom. I wish you'd get here soon. How could this happen to me, Mom? My life just burst like a balloon. There is blood all around me, Mom, and most of it is mine. I hear the medic say, Mom, I'll die in a short time. I just wanted to tell you, Mom, I swear I didn't drink. It was the others, Mom. The others didn't think. He was probably at the same party as I. The only difference is, he drank and I will die. Why do people drink, Mom? It can ruin your whole life. I'm feeling sharp pains now. Pains just like a knife. The guy who hit me is walking, Mom, and I don't think it's fair. I'm lying here dying and all he can do is stare. Tell my brother not to cry, Mom. Tell Daddy to be brave. And when I go to heaven, Mom, put "Daddy's Girl" on my grave. Someone should have told him, Mom, not to drink and drive. If only they had told him, Mom, I would still be alive. My breath is getting shorter, Mom. I'm becoming very scared. Please don't cry for me, Mom. When I needed you, you were always there. I have one last question, Mom, before I say good bye. I didn't drink and drive, so why am I the one to die? ************************ Someone took the effort to write this poem. So please, forward this to as many people as you can. And see if we can get a chain going around the world that will make people understand that drinking and driving don't mix. TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, so please forward this letter to as many people as you can. >> I suggest all of you to do the same !!! --------- End forwarded message ---------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 19:50:41 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: CONTEST! Message-ID: Okey doke, here goes my guesses. 7559 (Tmbg's elektra code) 1877 (tmbg's bar/none code) 6962 (last 4 digits of DAS #) 1000 (years old) ummmm 5660 (John's b-day) I'm out of 4-digit ideas. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On 5 Mar 1997, Robert Grabill Jr. wrote: > Ok, My 4 digit bike lock has TMBG signifigance. If you can tell me what number > is, you get a prize. > ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 20:13:49 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305200242_-1439847403@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: that guy on m2! Kdsinthhal wrote: >Is that Dewan? I noticed he looked like Richter and he had a guitar/keyboard! >So I logically thought...is it? Yea I saw him too, that was the guy with the electric zether who tour with TMBG and was on the Sound FX show with them. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 20:55:21 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305205520_-870178472@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: article posting illegal? Well... Not that there are any attorney/lawyer people here (or are there?), but I found this on the Odds list, and thought it might be post-worthy, I dunno. More legal mumbo-jumbo, but I don't want to not inform, and somehow later it'd matter, so if it's of no importance, ignore this then..: > [I'm a little concerned with copyrighted material, so those >people who wish to see the article should visit the above URL. >Until further notice, please do not post entire articles to the >list. I have been informed that this is an illegal practice and >should be stopped. I am consulting my lawyers (sister and >brother-in-law) about this, and should be more well informed >as to the legality of it. So for now, please just include the >URL for the web articles... thanks. -kev] sarah, now listening to Weep Day, Greek#3, and some choice Cosmo Kramer snippets on shuffle in SoundApp. :) :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 21:30:52 -0500 (EST) From: Benjamin Hauck Subject: TMBG: Kit Kat Date Dite Message-ID: Ben or Been here. I have the Kit Kat Acoustic session on CD. I believe the date of it is January 1997, but that's just thinking of the top of my head. I'm pretty sure though. Liebst du um Schoenheit? Ben oder Been ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 21:41:43 -0500 (EST) From: Paul Sebold Subject: TMBG: Raleigh/Richmond Message-ID: Heya all, If anyone out there has any info on the Richmond or ESPECIALLY the Raliegh shows in April, please let me know. I've been hanging out here in Durham for over a semester without any shows... do share. Paul ********************* ---------------------- ******************************** "Eating kittens is just plain WRONG, mister! And you shouldn't do it, EVER!" *The Tick* Paul Sebold Duke University pjs2@acpub.duke.edu http://husky.northern-hs.ga.k12.md.us/~psebold/extra.html ***************************** -------------------- ************************** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703060304.TAA16645@mta2.rocketmail.com> Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 19:06:36 -0800 (PST) From: Nick Hatton Subject: TMBG: When new THEN song? ....delurking Captain..... By my disease ridden mind it has been aproximately 4 days since the unveiling of weep day, whens the new song going to be up? Anakin === .....engaging lurk device..... _____________________________________________________________________ Sent by RocketMail. Get your free e-mail at http://www.rocketmail.com ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 22:29:48 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305221347_-1205215889@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Weep Day Oakland Raiders HEY! i was singin weep day in gym, and i get to the "pitching for the oakland raiders" line..when a friend of mine says' "OH MY GOD! TMBG dont know shit about sports! Oakland Raiders is a FOOTBALL team! Theres no pitching!" i tried to explain THAT WAS THE POINT..oh well..i never knew taht before, i and i think its pretty cool and fits well with the theme of the song! ------------------------------ From: Phurr@aol.com Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 23:08:50 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970305230846_1947970045@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: NEED EXTRA IRVING CARD In a message dated 97-03-04 23:16:33 EST, Jordan1c@aol.com writes: << take this into tower records at 4th and broadway when you buy Then:The Early Years for a tmbg nostalgia pack with cool old crap!" this pack comes with the video compilation (old one), stickers, etc. >> Wait a moment..if anyone gets the video comp and finds that they have it already, and wants to get rid of the extra one, e-mail me!!!! (please) :) ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Best Man, Kit Kat, Florida!, JKP NPR Message-ID: <19970305.230815.4350.1.jenifer.stewart@juno.com> From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 23:08:26 EST On Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:34:39 -0500 (EST) NitpickR@aol.com writes: >Best Man- I wonder about this... Was Linnell Flans' best man? And >if so, >did that prompt Linnell to choose Flans? I wish there was some kind >of spy >there. This info would be so juicy. > I heard that while Linnell attended Flans' wedding, he was not the best man (although I do not know who was). I have no idea about Linnell's wedding, although maybe Linnell's father or brother was the best man. These people may be closer to Linnell than anyone else. I wonder where they're honeymooning now...... Jen ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Lots of They crud Message-ID: <19970305.230815.4350.3.jenifer.stewart@juno.com> From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 23:08:27 EST On Wed, 5 Mar 97 22:09:29 UT "William Blacksher" writes: > I was also listening to I've Got a Match last night. It sounds >to me like >Linny is singing one of John C.'s songs.The arpeggio sounding thingie >sounds >like the 3 notes in one of the Fingertips songs. I don't know which >one, >though. I respectfully disagree. I've Got a Match is one of my favorite They songs and it's always sounded to me like a classic Linnell song, especially the line "You think it's always sensitive and good. You think that I want to be understood..." He's always at least appeared to be (and has himself admitted) somewhat antisocial. :) > That story was so cute! Little kids are so funny. I love >reading their stuff. >My mom's a reading teacher, so a lot of that is laying around and I >read it >whenever I can. I've also read every children's book ever read, and I >can talk >about kid's book authors forever. I just reread this. I have no life. Can't you just see in a few years, Linnell and Flans writing and singing songs that They wrote for their kids? Funny little tunes about animals and cute little animated characters? I can picture it now: Linnell is on stage and says "here is a song I wrote for my little girl. I sing it to her every night before she goes to bed." :) one of the many jens ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: article posting illegal? Message-ID: <19970305.230815.4350.2.jenifer.stewart@juno.com> From: jenifer.stewart@juno.com (Jenifer W Stewart) Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 23:08:26 EST On Wed, 5 Mar 1997 20:55:21 -0500 (EST) KdsInThHal@aol.com writes: >Well... Not that there are any attorney/lawyer people here (or are >there?), >but I found this on the Odds list, and thought it might be >post-worthy, I >dunno. More legal mumbo-jumbo, but I don't want to not inform, and >somehow >later it'd matter, so if it's of no importance, ignore this then..: > >> [I'm a little concerned with copyrighted material, so those >>people who wish to see the article should visit the above URL. >>Until further notice, please do not post entire articles to the >>list. I have been informed that this is an illegal practice and >>should be stopped. I am consulting my lawyers (sister and >>brother-in-law) about this, and should be more well informed >>as to the legality of it. So for now, please just include the >>URL for the web articles... thanks. -kev] > Well, my husband is a second year law student and is currently working for a law firm. I asked him and yes, this would be copyright infringement, even if you post who holds the copyright. Jen ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 00:47:14 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: CONTEST! Message-ID: On 5 Mar 1997, Robert Grabill Jr. wrote: > Ok, My 4 digit bike lock has TMBG signifigance. If you can tell me what number > is, you get a prize. > is it in calcularian? or can you tell us that much? shoe (horny with teeth) ~mike~ ps : if you dont have any clue what calcularian is, you can stop by the your local computer and go to the Shuffer's Domain : http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/5908 also, check out my new section (woohoo! new section!) on The Man from why does the sun shine! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703060604.BAA22541@gaea.andover.edu> Subject: TMBG: Stereo Review Review Date: Thu, 6 Mar 97 01:06:48 -0500 From: "jcogliano@andover.edu" Hello my fellow Giantheads Here's what the crappy magazine "Stereo Review" has to say about Factory Showroom: "When a band starts an album today with a disco parody, it's running short on ideas. "Factory Showroom" is better once you get past that opening S-E-X-X-Y, but suspicions remain that They Might Be Giants might be past their peak. One Classic: XTC vs. Adam Ant, which XTC fans will love like Beatles fans love the Rutles." Jeez. But what can you expect from a magazine that thinks Bose speakers are good? -Cogs _________________________________________________________________ John P. Cogliano "Cogs" jcogliano@andover.edu - paulcog@mdc.net - http://cogs.home.ml.org "Be what you're like, be like yourself" -TMBG ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 01:32:44 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Re: TMBG: Stereo Review Review Message-ID: On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, jcogliano@andover.edu wrote: > Here's what the crappy magazine "Stereo Review" has to say about Factory > Showroom: > > be past their peak. One Classic: XTC vs. Adam Ant, which XTC fans will > love like Beatles fans love the Rutles." > hee hee...little do they know that that maybe one of the least favourite songs...I hate it when they make such assumptions about us, they know nothing! _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "Yeah, 'snarky'- from the ancient Greek meaning 'butthead'" \\ -Mikey Kellerman, "Homicide" TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-65 *****************************