Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-67 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 67 Saturday, 8 March 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG at TCNJ Semi-TMBG: Flan Re: TMBG: OMLT Results Re: TMBG: TMBG on TV TMBG: Boston? NON-TMBG: Ben Folds Five TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y .MOV file TMBG: I'll Sink Manhattan Fwd: RE: TMBG: Best Man, Kit Kat, Florida!, JKP NPR NON-TMBG: flan Re: TMBG: We're getting old... RE: NON-TMBG: flan RE: RE: TMBG: Best Man, Kit Kat, Florida!, JKP NPR TMBG: Seattlites TMBG: Contest Update TMBG: Another TMBG story from my sis; TMBG dream TMBG: Hawaii stopover TMBG: Contest Update Re: TMBG: Contest Update TMBG: Good concert review Re: TMBG: Contest Update NON!Re: TMBG: Contest Update TMBG: words, flan, lists, radio, clarissa, ip art, fave word TMBG: Puppet Head, TNaC multimedia? TMBG: Words/Dream TMBG: tcng? TMBG: request for info Re: TMBG: Words/Dream Re: TMBG: Contest Update TMBG: www.tmbg.org SONG UPDATE TMBG: tmbg.org Then: songs Re: TMBG: Good concert review Re: TMBG: Good concert review TMBG: Contest Results TMBG: DAS online and TBAR TMBG: Andy Richter Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 03:10:38 -0500 (EST) From: Pudge Subject: TMBG: TMBG at TCNJ Message-ID: The TMBG concert at the College of New Jersey is open to the general public, but the tickets will be available to the students first. My best idea on when tickets will go on sale will be 3/24 (the first day back from TCNJ's spring break) for the students and either the 26th or 27th for the general public. Also note that the tickets for non-students will be more expensive. They will be most likely $10-15 for students and $15-20 for non-students. Craig * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Craig Whyte --- whyte@tcnj.edu --- http://www.tcnj.edu/~whyte "In the soil of leadership sprout the seeds of immortality." Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order "I am currently reading 'How To Operate A Computer' by Gordell Huxley-Smithen III. It's very informative and I am currently on Chapter 8 - The On Button". John Popper * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 04:58:37 -0500 (EST) From: Beth Connell Subject: Semi-TMBG: Flan Message-ID: Marc said: >What's wrong with you people? Everyone knows flan is Mexican. And I'm sure >JF wouldn't eat flan any more than Beth Connell would be in the Connells. >She's not, is she? Lessee..I've seen the Connells. I've met the Connells. Am I in the band? No. And I didn't know flan is mexican. But see..that's why I turn to all you people. You learn quite a lot from this list. :) And Queen Sneepy, she of the cool name, wrote: >...that serves flan, the fruit-n-pastry >version, and their thing is that they are a kosher-style New York deli, >and seeing that New York has the highest Jewish population, and a ton of >'em live in Brookly, and Flansy's from Brookly, then I think its safe to >conclude that Flans, sometime in his life, or ancestry, has probably >eaten flan. Thank you and good day. Ah there. See. It is a possiblity. I can sleep easier at night. :) Creme Caramel's similar? Y'know..I ate escargot for my French class waaaaay back when in high school, but was sick the day they made creme caramel..but I like rich things, and custardy things. I'd probably like Flan. And heck, since it's a distinct possibilty Flans has tried said dessert, that makes it EVEN better. :) Okay. I'll shut up and let this topic die now. Beth -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 07:52:27 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: OMLT Results Message-ID: Well, that design is all right... One thing though, the circles need to be switched! The blue and yellow need to be on the outside and the green needs to be on the inside... also, maybe a better centering of the words "the world's address." * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > Well, I counted up the votes and the winner is.... > (drumroll) > > Number One > > I haven't updated the page, but that's who won. > > -- > Evan Chakroff > The Internet Mystery Spot > http://spot.home.ml.org > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:35:36 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on TV Message-ID: Be on as in BE ON..or be on as in play a song or video kind of thing? Katie On Thu, 6 Mar 1997 TmbgManiac@aol.com wrote: > According to Clark600@aol.com > > >TMBG will be on Comedy Central 's new show "Viva Variety" it starts on > April 1 >so keep watching after that. Viva is made by the guys from "the > state". It >should rock > > > ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:46:02 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: TMBG: Boston? Message-ID: Okay so like a good little They-Lover..I check the tour update thingie religiously,praying to the Gods that They will be stopping in Boston soon.But alas....twas in vain.The closest They are coming in a long time (or so it says) is Maryland...and if I were to tell my car that we were to take a drive to MD she would just look at me and laugh. So as I lay in my bed at the crack of dawn partially awake..I hear on WFNX that TMBG is playing Avalon on April 6th. So my question to you all is: Have any other Boston people heard about this? And if there are any Boston ppl out there. Who is "that KID" who is really tall and skinny,who wears glasses and a different hat to everyshow? At the Paradise at the Hatchshell at Lupos and at Toads. I want to know!! ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 15:41:31 -0600 (CST) From: Tara Lynne Weber <00085244@bigred.unl.edu> Subject: NON-TMBG: Ben Folds Five Message-ID: I know there are a bunch of BFF fans on here, so I was wondering if any of you are on the BFF mailing list. How much mail do you usually get from it? I'm trying to decide whether or not it would be really stupid to subscribe to a second list, considering how much mail I get from this one (Not that I'm complaining...if I didn't like it, I wouldn't have stuck around for the last two years. :) . Is it available in digest form? E-mail me privately with the scoop on this, as I don't want to clutter up the list with it any more than I have to. Sorry! --Tara -- Tara Weber 00085244@bigred.unl.edu, Ondine@tmbg.org http://members.tripod.com/~TaraW "We want everybody to have a good time, but we're not on a rock hero trip." --John Flansburgh "It's more of a rock gyro trip." --John Linnell ****MSTie #74191, TMBGer #38978**** ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703071541.KAA28178@CLEMSON.EDU> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 10:42:11 -0500 Subject: TMBG: S-E-X-X-Y .MOV file From: ctyner@awod.com (Adam Tyner) Did you miss Them on Conan O'Brian? I found this on the TMBG Spy page: http://www.wwu.edu/~tmbgspy/movies/sexxy.mov TTYL, -Adam Tyner -- /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:53:43 -0500 (EST) From: Robert Mootrey u Subject: TMBG: I'll Sink Manhattan Message-ID: Hey. Whoever said that I'll Sink Manhattan ISN'T one of Their coolest songs is *so* wrong! I think it's great--I've put it on mix tapes for several of my friends. (sorry the message is so trivial--at least it's short!) -Sean Mootrey. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:34:24 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703071834.KAA08860@f3.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Fwd: RE: TMBG: Best Man, Kit Kat, Florida!, JKP NPR >>I wonder where >>they're honeymooning now...... >> >>Jen > >I'd be pretty upset if I were Linnell.... >Having to cut his honeymoon short because he's got a >set of concerts (one every day for several days!) starting this >Sunday. > >Jesse Makes you kinda wonder why he didn't wait until a more opportune time. Wow. He must rilly like her. Mouse Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ########################################################## "They were Surfing for souls....to the beat of rock & roll... Allright!" Mono Puff Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970307185038.006bcb54@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 10:50:38 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: NON-TMBG: flan What, in fact, IS >Flan? All I know is that it was yellow and kinda cake like in the comic book. >Anyone know? Tell me. Or I might just have to start the Great Flan hunt. Hey, that's my childhood favorite food you're talking about! Flan is NOT a Mexican dish, it is French. It's a sort of egg custard, topped with homemade caramel and sometimes flavored with lemon or orange peel. And it is positively yummy. Go on down to my mommy's house and ask her to make you some. You'll like it. I promise. :) :) :) >Hell, can't be worse than tofu, broccoli and peanuts in a warm peanut sauce.. >(It can't. Trust me. I've eaten..er, well, tried to eat..this.) Heck, that sounds downright yummy! Ask me about the time I had to eat soup made from the esophagus of a cow! (Helpful hint: if anybody ever tries to make you eat this, RUN.) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. God is supposedly all-powerful. Draw your own conclusions." --Anonymous Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 10:54:49 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703071854.KAA05323@f8.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: We're getting old... >Does anyone else out there have Giant-related license plates? I too had "Ana Ng" on mine till my car broke down.:P Anastasia "I'm drunk so ignore me" Hunt Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ########################################################## "They were Surfing for souls....to the beat of rock & roll... Allright!" Mono Puff Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: flan Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:26:43 -0800 Okie folks.... I got this nifty (but VERY dangerous) recipe for flan. It's extraordinarily easy to do, too. - Take a big pot and fill it with water. - Bring it to a boil on the stove. - Take a 16oz or whatever it is can of Sweetened, Condensed Milk. MUST be sweetened. - Leave at a rolling boil for 4 hours. There's a vital safety tip in here: do NOT NOT NOT let the water get below the level of the can. If you do, the can WILL EXPLODE. Read: Shrapnel. Embedded in the walls (or you, if you're too close). Moral is to make sure you have enough water in the pot, and to check it every 15-20 minutes. - Remove and let the pot cool by itself on another burner (may take an hour or two). - Remove can from room-temperature water, and open both ends. - Push one of the ends through, and slice. - It has the same texture and flavor as flan. This was actually given to me yesterday by someone who got it from an old Mexican lady. (No, it's not my primary flan recipe, which is much faster and less...dangerous?) (: Jesse, Flan-O-Matic ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: RE: TMBG: Best Man, Kit Kat, Florida!, JKP NPR Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:35:00 -0800 >---------- >From: Anastasia Hunt[SMTP:blooey@hotmail.com] >Sent: Friday, March 07, 1997 10:34 AM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Fwd: RE: TMBG: Best Man, Kit Kat, Florida!, JKP NPR > > >>I'd be pretty upset if I were Linnell.... >>Having to cut his honeymoon short because he's got a >>set of concerts (one every day for several days!) starting this >>Sunday. >> >>Jesse > >Makes you kinda wonder why he didn't wait until a more opportune time. Wow. >He >must rilly like her. >Mouse Or, they've been planning it for awhile, and they slowly gave ground as more and more people tried to schedule stuff with them. Even without a wedding, giving a concert every night for several nights in a row, each night in a different state, is pretty tough. Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: TMBG: Seattlites Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:48:23 -0800 Okay, I've got Michelle, Loni, Cory, and E Fjellanger on my local Seattlites list. I know there's a couple people I missed... email me. Jesse ------------------------------ Message-id: <3033979@hanover.VALLEY.NET> Date: 07 Mar 97 15:37:17 EST From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: TMBG: Contest Update Still no one has correctly answered the question of what my 4 digit TMBG related bike code combonation is. Many guesed: 6962 1964 The guess that was closest not in terms of the number, but of the obscutiy of it was: 8624 Which is TMBG on a keypad. Let me mention that the prize is still available, and I'll give you all another hint: The number is not a TMBG referance, rather something related to the Name TMBG. Good luck! And keep the guesses coming in. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 15:52:42 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970307155241_447251633@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Another TMBG story from my sis; TMBG dream Ugh! I hate global studies so much! But enough about me. My sister begun another TMBG story. :) With pictures too!! :D It goes a little something like this: *** all about they might be giants john linnell and john flansburgh {turn page} john linnell just got married to his girlfriend and she has brown har {turn page} john flansburgh wife has bland har and i saw them at the cancert {bland=blond, lol! turn page} john linnell is cool what do uoy think is john linnells wife going to have a baby or not {turn page} john falnsburgh has a E gtir and I like it too {she's referring to his custom made guitar like he has in the Statue video; turn page} john linnells wife and him south are cool {I think south=self, but I'm not sure; turn page} john flansburgh and his wife is cool {the end} *** Is that cute? :) All 'typos' intentional, btw - she's only 7. ;) Now I can't compare to that, but I'll sure durn try to. ;) I had a TMBG dream last night. When I woke up, it was like. "Oh, well it's nothing", but then I realized how silly it was! Amazing how much sense these things make in the sleepy mind. . . of course now, I barely remember it, but TMBG were doing a concert at a Kay Bee - and it wasn't an instore - it was a reg'lar concert (or cancert as my sister would say). And it's a little vague now, but Flans got pissed at the toys (suprise) and started throwing them around the store. He knocked over a shelf of Barbies, y'know. Flans being Flans. He was pissed the boxes were pink. Then after they finished, we were waiting for an encore, and all the sudden we spotted them at the cash register buying some candy. And then... i don't remember, but later, they walked *right* past me, and I said in a completely different and very mushy gushy high pitched voice "Hiiiii, John!" and neither of them looked in the crowd's direction. They just walked out of the store, and into the mall. That's all I remember! :D sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org MSTie# 77216 ~ TMBGer# 45127 http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 11:31:07 -1000 From: Marc Myer Subject: TMBG: Hawaii stopover Only four concerts in Ohio? Gosh, what a shame. If you wanted to attend one, you may have to drive an hour or two. But They are touring in Australia, and in Japan. Both trips will mean a stopover in Hawaii. So why no tour dates here? I mean, the last one was sold out. Maybe they'll just be vacationing here, and we'll have to watch the beaches. Anybody have the inside scoop? ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703072129.AA04582@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Contest Update Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 16:29:29 -0500 (EST) > The guess that was closest not in terms of the number, but of the obscutiy of > it was: > > > 8624 > > > > Which is TMBG on a keypad. Let me mention that the prize is still available, > and I'll give you all another hint: > > > > The number is not a TMBG referance, rather something related to the Name TMBG. Is it 1970 after the date of the movie? Matt -- upcoming concerts: Donna Lewis-8x10, Baltimore, MD (big maybe) Blur-Black Cat, Washington, DC 3/9 James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster, MD 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:12:34 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970307171231_-1674021331@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Contest Update In a message dated 97-03-07 15:51:14 EST, Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) writes: << The number is not a TMBG referance, rather something related to the Name TMBG. >> 3822 --the product of the alphanumeric values of T- M -B-G 21 13 2 7 Joel ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:51:56 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970307175154_-1940915722@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Good concert review Hello 41- I get an online music magzine that reviewed TMBG's last IP show. It's a really good review... her it is. CONCERT REVIEW: They Might Be Giants, Irving PlT'0 As theS concerts at New York's famous Irving Plaza, TMBG devoted this show to promote their upcoming March re-issue _Then: The Earlier Years_. Billed as a return to old school, They Might Be Giants actually produced an "old versus new" concert treat for their fans. The first opening act for TMBG was Brooklyn, New York native Brian Dewan. Although unknown to most of the audience, Dewan turned out to be a nearly perfect opening act. TMBG afficionados may recognize the Dewan name as the creator for _Lincoln_, or for his _Tells The Story_ (from Bar/None), or appearances on the Hello Recording Club disc series. But tonight, Dewan's performance on his homemade electric zither (made entirely of wood and harpsichord hardware) and autoharp, converted many fans to open their hearts to another talented performer. Dewan played songs from his forthcoming second album (due to come out late summer 1997). Combining a storyteller's wit with a musician's heart, Dewan worked furiously on the zither while performing tracks such as "Happy-Go-Dumpy Summer", which appeared on a 1994 Hello Recording Club disc. Clever, almost novelty, lyrics come to the forefront of his songs. The tale of "Rumplestiltskin" especially captured the crowd's fancy, as Dewan guessed other names for the man and the crowd screamed "No!". Unfortunately, Mercury recording artists Chainsaw Kittens didn't generate as much excitement as Dewan. The Chainsaws offered a solid performance of rock which would have fit in well opening for groups such as the Wonder Stuff, but with the offbeat songs of Brian Dewan and TMBG, the Kittens couldn't quite win over the crowd. Finally, They Might Be Giants took to the stage. The first set of the concert was dubbed as the "Old School portion of our set". The two Johns, played as they had done ten years earlier - an accordion, a periodic guitar and harmonica, and backing tapes - but to a much larger audience than the backroom of Maxwell's in Hoboken or other venues. Memories came flooding back - walking into the now-defunct Pier Platters record shop in Hoboken and hearing a new band called They Might Be Giants playing on the store's stereo system. It was only later that I discovered that Bar/None's operations were being run out of the same shop as Pier, and that the constant playing was no coincidence. But the joy at overhearing the number of fan letters pouring in - and this was December, 1986, before "Don't Let's Start" changed the future of TMBG and the label forever - helped persuade me to purchase the debut record. And I never regretted it. Back to today - or in this case, the late 1980s - They played 19 of their "classics" including "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head", "Purple Toupee" and "Ana Ng" along with more obscure tracks "I'll Sink Manhattan" and the ever-popular "The Famous Polka". The ode to Paul Westerberg, "We're The Replacements", was performed during the second set with the full band. Curiously, two of their bigger songs - "They'll Need A Crane" and the song which catapulted them to success, "Don't Let's Start" - were omitted altogether from the show. But if the audience's response was any indicator, most of the fans preferred seeing the older material which would likely never be performed live again. The second set opened with the Johns joining the remainder of their band and primarily playing songs from their last 3 (Elektra) albums. The tip of the hat to the disco era ("S-E-X-X-Y"), the trio of big modern rock hits from _Flood_ - "Birdhouse In Your Soul", "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)", and "Twisting", and the salute to the 19th century president "James K. Polk", complete with cannon and confetti, encouraged their fans to dance in a wild, happy, frenzy. The band which has refused to stand still during their nearly fifteen years of performing turned yet another twist at the end of their set. "Spy", a B-side from "Why Does The Sun Shine?", turned out to be their closing song. The music obviously echoes the spirit of James Bond or any 1960's spy show, but an extended, nearly ten minute version of this song closed with a quick fade-in to "I Am Not Your Broom". An unusual closing to an incredible evening. A look back and a look ahead from They Might Be Giants. If back in 1986, anyone would have predicted two guys from Brooklyn with an accordion and a backing tape would be performing ten years later to a sold out show at Irving Plaza, they would have been called crazy. Maybe things work out right after all. Adam ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 17:53:42 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: Contest Update Message-ID: Okay...raise your hand if you have too much free time! :) Katie On Fri, 7 Mar 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 97-03-07 15:51:14 EST, Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET > (Robert Grabill Jr.) writes: > > << The number is not a TMBG referance, rather something related to the Name > TMBG. >> > > > 3822 --the product of the alphanumeric values of T- M -B-G > 21 13 > 2 7 > > Joel > ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:01:22 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970307180115_-2075411163@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: NON!Re: TMBG: Contest Update ()()()() () | | | | / | | | |/ \___/ (It's supposed to be my hand) :) In a message dated 97-03-07 17:56:40 EST, katie@argo.net (Katherine Johnson) writes: << Okay...raise your hand if you have too much free time! :) Katie On Fri, 7 Mar 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 97-03-07 15:51:14 EST, Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET > (Robert Grabill Jr.) writes: > > << The number is not a TMBG referance, rather something related to the Name > TMBG. >> > > > 3822 --the product of the alphanumeric values of T- M -B-G > 21 13 > 2 7 > > Joel > >> ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:41:32 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970307184131_179127843@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: words, flan, lists, radio, clarissa, ip art, fave word >Sometimes, though, a very common word will, in my mind, >look extremely foreign. This happens every once in a while >and the other day, I was thinking about how "John" looked >really wrong. But it looks normal now :) I HATE when that happens! :D It seems to happen the most with me when I'm making a j-card for a tape, trying out different fonts, and the word kinda begins to look really wrong. >And I'm sure JF wouldn't eat flan any more than Beth Connell >would be in the Connells. She's not, is she? No, but I believe she likes 'em, eh? ;) >If this works, someone *please* let me know it went >through....thanks!) It worked! >I'm trying to decide whether or not it would be really stupid >to subscribe to a second list, considering how much mail I get >from this one Well, I'm on 3 lists (aside from this one - BNL and Odds) but the other 2 are digest-formats, and aren't daily, but tha doesn't really help you, does it. ;) >or if they get contributions they still always have >commercials. Well, yeah, I mean they'll have little ads, but I don't consider them commercials. ;) It's just the dj talking over some random song giving info and a phone #. hey, Clarissa's on (I know I keep mentioning it, but it's not me! I swear! My sister is a Nick freak!), and she's wearing a black turtleneck.. coincidence, or John-influenced? ;) You decide. And yes, the 1st episode (where she talked about They) aired yesterday (thursday), and me the idiot, forgot about it till it was long over. ::sigh:: >Jonathan Chaffer's picture for the Irving Plaza CD is >incredible, really great artwork, I vote 1,000,000 times for >tht as the cover, Well i vote 20 thousand million times for it. ;) It truly is the best of the ones I've seen (and made ). >Kirsten >current favorite word: ebullient sarah current favorite word: ludicrous (I don't have a wide-vocab-range, sadly!) linnellgirl@tmbg.org MSTie #77216 ~ TMBGer#45127 http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:53:27 -0500 (EST) From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Puppet Head, TNaC multimedia? Message-Id: Out of curiousity, why aren't there any video clips of "They'll Need A Crane" or "Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head" available on the Internet? Are these videos not that great or something? TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ Looking for He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and MST3K? Then go to http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:07:13 -0500 (EST) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: TMBG: Words/Dream Message-ID: Hey/hay, I'm coming out of lurk just long enough to tell y'all about my second (and quite interesting) TMBG dream! It starts out in my chemistry room, with the band and about 30 other people. We all unanimously and simultaneously decided that we all wanted to commit suicide, so why not here and now? So we taped all the seams between doors and windows and turned on all the gas valves. I looked all around the room- but never to the left until near-death, when I finally did, and saw Wes Dole (yes, related to Bob Dole in some way- very strange character. Almost always has strange hair colors. If anyone remembers when, during Pres. Cam[paign, BD said something in a speech about how his entire family *except one* was Republican? 10,000 to one he was referring to Wes.). We'ver never actually spoken IRL, but I said to him, "You know we're going to die." He said, "Yeah, I know." Just after that, everyone decided simultaneously that we didn't want to die, so we turned off the gas valves and untaped the doors and left... and I woke up. Any interps? BTW, my favorite word is "beautiful". I say it a lot, esp. when referring to my friend Louie's (well defined) back muscles :). I DO have a vocabulary, but I love that word for some reason. I also like "horrid", "revere", and the German word "Schlittschuhe" which means Ice Skate (noun form). The words that always look wrong to me are "rhythm", "amplify", and "exercise". ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< Elitza Nicolaou (aka Ribbon) <> "Luke ain't got *nuthin'!!*" ana-ng@poetic.com <> -Will Paddock, Summer '96 www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317 <> *Broadway*Impact*STAND*Ska*Greek *Gianthead*Skier*Singer*X-Phile*Trekker*ActualSize!*Reflection*Poetess*Irish* ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:26:28 -0500 From: nanf@postoffice.ptd.net (Nancy Fitzgerald) Subject: TMBG: tcng? is the college of new jersey princeton or is there a new state college that has taken that name?*perpetually confused* --kevin shiner, shinedog, the illuminated canine resting in the shrine of the illuminated canine ******************************************************************************** in my cd player: the torn, shredded, and mutilated remains of john lennon ******************************************************************************** ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:38:58 -0500 From: nanf@postoffice.ptd.net (Nancy Fitzgerald) Subject: TMBG: request for info i have recently had my internet privilages (still can use email) taken away for a while due to grades and i was wonderin if anyone knows how much the tshirts cost from tmbg.com or if someone could kindly look that up for me? thanx... -kevin shiner, shinedog, the illuminated canine resting in the shrine of the illuminated canine ******************************************************************************** in my cd player: the torn, shredded, and mutilated remains of john lennon ******************************************************************************** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3320DCE0.550D@swbell.net> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 19:28:32 -0800 From: Nico Organization: Jesus for Jews Subject: Re: TMBG: Words/Dream Dream time: >Hey/hay, I'm coming out of lurk just long enough to tell y'all about my second (and quite interesting) TMBG dream! It starts out in my chemistry room, with the band and about 30 other people. We all unanimously and simultaneously decided that we all wanted to commit suicide, so why not here and now? So we taped all the seams between doors and windows and turned on all the gas valves. I looked all around the room- but never to the left until near-death, when I finally did, and saw Wes Dole (yes, related to Bob Dole in some way- very strange character. Almost always has strange hair colors. If anyone remembers when, during Pres. Cam[paign, BD said something in a speech about how his entire family *except one* was Republican? 10,000 to one he was referring to Wes.). We'ver never actually spoken IRL, but I said to him, "You know we're going to die." He said, "Yeah, I know." Just after that, everyone decided simultaneously that we didn't want to die, so we turned off the gas valves and untaped the doors and left... and I woke up.< Ah....how did this have anything at all to do with TMBG? Curious. And since it's the in thing to do, my favorite word (of the week) is: custard! That says it all. Yoshua ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:47:54 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: Contest Update Message-ID: Fine.. then is the answer 8439? * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On 7 Mar 1997, Robert Grabill Jr. wrote: > > Still no one has correctly answered the question of what my 4 digit TMBG > related bike code combonation is. > > Many guesed: > > > 6962 > 1964 > > > The guess that was closest not in terms of the number, but of the obscutiy of > it was: > > > 8624 > > > > Which is TMBG on a keypad. Let me mention that the prize is still available, > and I'll give you all another hint: > > > > The number is not a TMBG referance, rather something related to the Name TMBG. > > > > > Good luck! And keep the guesses coming in. > ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199703080150.UAA14492@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: www.tmbg.org SONG UPDATE Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:50:30 -0500 (EST) Run your browsers over to www.tmbg.org for another new song and don't forget to follow the link to CDNow to order your copy of "Then: The Earlier Years" today! -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Jordan1c@aol.com Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 21:11:40 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970307211139_787922649@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: tmbg.org Then: songs ALRIGHT! THATS IT! I am not downloading anymore of the Then: The early years songs from tmbg.org! Im not spending like $25 for nothing! Theres only gonna be 19 unreleased songs, and i dont wanna hear 7 of them! Weep Day i downloaded, cause i have it on tape, and Greek #3 i downloaded..but now, Fake Out in Buenos Aires? im sorry, i have to take a stand. you all can talk about how cool the song is for the next few days...just make sure the subject line says you will, so i can delete the letters! sorry if i sound pissed. have a nice day Jordan ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 21:33:05 -0500 (EST) From: Dan Lee Subject: Re: TMBG: Good concert review Message-ID: > ode to Paul Westerberg, "We're The Replacements", was performed > during the second set with the full band. Curiously, two of their bigger Okay, I know who Paul Westerberg is. I know that "We're the Replacements" is about some band, the Replacements. What I don't know is-- how does Paul Westerberg relate to the Replacements? Was he in it? -Dan ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 20:43:55 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: Good concert review Message-ID: > > ode to Paul Westerberg, "We're The Replacements", was performed > > during the second set with the full band. Curiously, two of their bigger > > Okay, I know who Paul Westerberg is. I know that "We're the Replacements" > is about some band, the Replacements. What I don't know is-- how does > Paul Westerberg relate to the Replacements? Was he in it? Ah, the blissfully ignorant among us (that's not derogatory, Dan...really it's not). Anyway, yes, Paul Westerberg (along with Chris Mars, another guy who went on to make great solo music, and the Stinsons) was in the Replacements. Terrific band, the Replacements were. Almost as good as their fellow Minnesotans, Husker Du (ah, Bob Mould....). Anyway, I'm glad I was the first to repost about this. See ya. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "It was the suit that got me the gig It was the tear that got me the girl..." --the Odds, "Someone Who's Cool" (someone tell me (privately) which of their albums to buy, as I've long considered getting one...) ------------------------------ Message-id: <3037412@hanover.VALLEY.NET> Date: 08 Mar 97 00:32:55 EST From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: TMBG: Contest Results Well, I got many more responses, all of them being very creative, But then, I thought About how the number is so obscure, I should probably give more hints. But then I opened up a message from Matt Mantsch, who correctly identified the number, and provided a handy explanation: 2427? T=20-->2 M=13-->4 B=02-->2 G=07-->7 That's all the numbers in their order, and if it's a two digit number, you add the digits together. Well Matthew may now pick from one of the following prizes: A stamp A Factory Showroom Flyer A penny lint a paperclip A photocopy of my 2/20 setlist A mint girl scout cookie Let me know Matt! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970308054355.0069d45c@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 1997 21:43:55 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: DAS online and TBAR Ahoy Anyone else download TBAR from tmbg.com and think it's *much* better than the FS version? I *love* the chiming synth! What on earth posessed Them to replace it with a human voice? And I heartily disagree with Jesse's evil recipie for flan involving the evaporated milk. First of all, it wouldn't work. For evaporated milk to reach the consistency of flan, some water would have to boil off. That would be impossible if it were still in the can. Besides, Jesse's recipie would produce an unbearably yucky substance, whereas real flan is severely yummy. --nicole the wonder nerd who also thinks it'd be way cool if They rented a cathedral or something and played it the bell part from TBAR on actual bells. I bet They could find a carillioneur somewhere who'd be willing to do it... *** "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. God is supposedly all-powerful. Draw your own conclusions." --Anonymous Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703080557.XAA18560@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: Andy Richter Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 23:48:56 -0600 "I have one of the best conceptual minds of my generation" -Andy Richter Mike "Freaky Toupee!" Leffel ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-67 *****************************