Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 7 Wednesday, 8 January 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG St. Louis, Mississippi Nights 1/3,4 A Nit's Prespective Re: TMBG: My far out headphones Re: TMBG: Chords TMBG: Me Re: TMBG: Chords Re: TMBG: TMBG St. Louis, Mississippi Nights 1/3,4 A Nit's Prespective RE: TMBG: Ypsilanti Show Re: TMBG: Ypsilanti Show Re: TMBG: Ypsilanti Show TMBG: MS plus! TMBG theme Re: TMBG: Chords Re: TMBG: 8 1/2 souvenirs.fountains of wayde.SnailDust Re: TMBG: Redundancy...Religion TMBG: The Hello club... Re: TMBG: The Hello club... Re: TMBG: Redundancy...Religion Re: TMBG: Chords Re: TMBG: Chords Re: TMBG: Chords Re: TMBG: Chords Demi-TMBG: Frank Black and BMG TMBG: State Songs TMBG: Gladly the Cross I Bear TMBG: AAAAH! TMBG in a techno mix song???? Re: TMBG: Redundancy...Religion Re: TMBG: My far out headphones TMBG: Irving plaza tickets? TMBG: EMU Tickets TMBG: RE: tmbg-list Digest #3-5 TMBG: 6th album Re: TMBG: Gladly the Cross I Bear TMBG: java.mail: an unrelated thing TMBG: Hmmm...well what can I say..... Re: TMBG: 6th album Re: TMBG: Redundancy...Religion TMBG: OMLT Reminders! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 02:44:32 -0500 Message-ID: <970107023904_1358367090@emout06.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: TMBG St. Louis, Mississippi Nights 1/3,4 A Nit's Prespective Hello 41- This is going to be the story of my trip and the shows. Hope it's worthy to be in "show stories" web pages. And it's long. New Years Day: The flight was originally supposed to be at 6:15 AM, but my travel agent kicks some booty, so I got it scheduled for later. But the night before made up for it. It ends up that I lost my ticket and was up really late finding it. Where was it you ask? It was sitting on my clean clothes coming from my mom's and bounced into the trunk of my car that doesn't open (sounds like a 32 footsteps line kinda... 32 footsteps leading to the car with the trunk that never opens. But I continue!). So I got a few hours of sleep and went to a friend's to get a ride to the airport. The flight was on TWA, and not fun. There was a movie screen and no movie. The batteries ran out on my CD player and I think I read my atlas. Anyways, I got to the airport and folowed the vague directions to where my grandma, her caretaker, and real-estate holder was. I went out into the waiting area, and my grandma supposedly said "There he is" at me. I saw their huge Country Esquire station wagon, even if she thought I was just another Amos I would have found them. This was my grandma's shining point (which you will see later) which is good for her, because she has Alzhemier's Disease and fading quickly. I got to their house in suburban Brentwood, the town where you can see the "Thank you for visiting Brentwood" sign when you are going past the "Now Entering Brentwood" sign on I-64. They call it a city though. From there, I went and picked up a friend, and hung out the rest of the day with Paquisto from AOL fame. He is a groovy guy, and I would suggest *all* of you visiting St. Louis to visit him. Getting down to South St. Louis was another thing though. Most, though not all, cities I've been in usually have semi-large street signs. Not St. Louis, or at least where we were. It was an adventure. We passed my favorite road in St. Louis too... The name is "Kingshiway" Most people would pronounce it "Kings Hiway" but not my other grandpa. He pronounces it "King Shigway" which I think is much better, but I go back to Nick. He has many entertaining videos to watch as well as CDs as well as an accordian which he jams on, and a sax which he sifts on, and a keyboard which he figures stuff to jam on. Then we all went home and to bed. 1/2/97- Having a tiring day the day before, I slept late on the very uncomfortable pull out bed. It was cold down in my cellar too. I never really appriciated the humor of my grandparents as a small child, but I get it more now. As you go down to the basement, there is a sign that says "Please Remove Your Clothes." When you get down, there is more fun. In the bathroom, the lightswitch cover is a picture of a man, in a trenchcoat flashing everybody. I'm sure you can guess which part the actual lightswitch was... The mural on their bathroom wall is of dogs standing up and peeing on a wall, some laughing and some shocked. It's interesting. This day, I went out to see my grandfather at the nursing home with my grandma, Alexis (girl I picked up yesterday) and her caretaker. It was sad to see my grandpa in a wheelchair not able to move really. He saw me and after explaining who I was (Nancy's son), he asked me how I was, David. Well, David is my middle name, but I think it was lucky he got that. I sat down and talked to him for a little bit, but not for long because he wanted to nap. One part I was happy with is that they are still a little bit feisty like they used to be. My grandpa was laying in bed and asked my grandma to get the candy in the drawer. She didn't say anything. He asked again. She looked at him, put her thumbs to hear ears, spread her hands and stuck her tounge out at him. It was funny, and then she got them for him. Very cute. Finally we left, went home, I got my act together, and went out to Chesterfield to find Cori10101 and EllynStar from AOL fame once again. It took a little bit, but we did. Let me say, they are also some groovy people. On the phone with Ellyn the night before, I suggested something cheap and cool. She suggested the famous St. Louis Zoo. It was free and cool, she was right. On the way, we passed the famous "Biggest 'Amoco' sign in the world." Know what? It was big. Really big. So big it is scary. Maybe not that big, but big. We stopped at the Steak N Shake for a lime freeze for me and other drinks for the girls. Steak N Shake started for me in St. Louis, and I had to go several times. At the zoo I got some good pictures of the crew and and ostrich, and we saw the famed white alligator that was advertised. It didn't seem very interested in people... We only looked at it for a minute. More highlights from the zoo include a full scale conga line throughout the outer zoo, and me finding out I have lived 6625 days. Amazing! We then went back to Ellyn's house where Chef Nit got to work. I prepared probably the only dinner with two, count 'em two, macaroni courses. First the imitation Kraft Mac and Cheese, made the "Deluxe Creamy Nitway" and then I made a "Zesty" bakes Mac and Cheese from a recipe on the back of the can. It was really good, but I don't think Ellyn thought so. I almost screwed it up by adding a few cups of egg nog instead of milk, but I moved the bowl at the last second. I wonder what it would have tasted like. Oh yeah! I also went to a neat store called "Vintage Vinyl" which specalized in CDs and got some good ones. I found the Skeleton Key CD, and the Monopuff Devil Went Down To Newport 7" with Sister Puff (now Mrs. Puff I guess...) on the flipside. Very cool. I am still figuring out my record player before I play it. Then I went home and to bed. 1/3/97 First Show- Well, after another night of long sleep, I got up, found Alexis, and headed out to find Nick and his friends. We did easier than last time. We hung around his place awhile, figuring out how to get there, which of his friends we were taking and important stuff like that. We left, picked up a guy Dennis and headed for the bus station to get Alexis a bus ticket home. Of course it was closed, and we got nervous about getting her home. None of us knew how to get to the show, and we got lost. We found ourselves in West East St. Louis, which is not a good place to be in, but we found ourselves. We got there at about six I think and found Ellyn* and Cori10101 in line. Then came my mission. For the tribute album, I am in charge of putting togehter the Fingertips. Sluggish people haven't wanted to submit things, so I went around to people in line and recorded them all live at Studio 2 and 2/3. They pretty much came out well, with the exception of background noise. Can someone suggest a free program that will help me edit sound better than my "Sample Editor?" It would be very much appriciated. Anyways, most of the time before the show was getting that all done. Highlights include a guy that does an incredible "Darkened Cooridoors" and the actual Grahm Mabey doing "Who's That Knocking On The Door". He came out and talked to us, and was really cool. I never really heard much from Grahm, but he was allright. Brian came out before him, and remembered me and a few other people who had seen many shows in the past. He was really nice and cool as usual. He signed the picture of us that was taken in Atlanta after that show. BTW when the compilation comes out, be sure to listen, it's pretty neat. Anyways, we finally got in. I frantically looked for some of the Factory Showroom posters, but they were all stripped before I could get to any. So we got our places. Now comes the begining of the "bad part" for me. I positioned myself in the middle, three/four rows of people back so I could take pictures. Bad idea. The opening band Chainsaw Kittens came on and I braced myself. The lead singer was wearing a jacket that looked like the hide of Grover, which was neat. I was actually mildly surprised. They were not bad. I couldn't understand the vocals very well, but what I could understand I liked a bit. They were energetic, fun, and neat. The guy next to me kept shouting for Freebird and Stairway To Heaven, which the lead singer wanted to play but the rest of the band wasn't into. They just didn't have the spirit. Ah well. We waited awhile longer untill TMBG came on. I was surprised that Lady Is A Tramp was not played at the begining. They must be sick of it. I don't have the set list, but it was pretty much the same as the rest of the shows around then. I then got my camara out, and took some pictures. Bad idea. Though the security didn't see or get my camara, they started to look for me. Then saw my recorder which had that red light that I forgot to tape over. Two nice, well behaved bouncers then came and got me. They took me to the manager who was less than nice. He yelled a bunch of crap at me, smashed my tape, and kicked me out. So I left and listened to the rest from outside. Alexis then came out to cheer me up and listen to the rest of the show from out there. The sound was surprisingly good, and there was little crowd noise. I should have recorded the rest, but didn't have another tape. It was a new experience at a show though. The interesting part was this though... Many "clubbers" came walking past and driving past. Instead of just walking past and or asking what the cover was, a lot of them went "Oh wow, They Might Be Giants." This got me thinking. If They or Elektra promoted a show or many shows in St. Louis if not other places, I bet they could fill some pretty good size halls. Mississippi Nights held a bit more than a thousand with the bar part too, but I'm sure they could fill a lot more than that. Maybe they like it though. Who knows. Finally the show ended, and we all left. It was Alexis' last night in St. Louis, so she treated me to Steak and Shake because she had money. It was mighty good. We then went home for a short night of rest. 1/4/97~ Two quick hours after going to sleep, we got up at four something. The plan was for me to drive Alexis back to Peoria where she lives. We found out though, that Amtrak has really good deals from St. Louis to Bloomington/Normal, which is but a half hour from Peoria. So we did that. We figured with our luck driving, we'd get lost, but we didn't. We got to the train station an hour early and waited in the waiting part. It was not enjoyable watching the cleaning lady do lackluster job mopping, and then randomly spraying Lysol. The ticket guy got there, and she got her ticcket. Then right before the train left, I took off for many more hours of sleep. I got up, and went to Nick's. We hung out for a bit and then left with only a blanket. We got Dennis again, and found Mississippi Nights quickly. I think we got there at four to find some of the other people from the night before there allready. I think they all went to U of M Rolla and various other places and were nice. Our silly part was that it was warm the night before, so we figured it would be warm again. Ha! It was very far from that, but we had very interesting times keeping warm. We huddled under blankets, ate cookie dough, and did the waiting thing. It wasn't bad. At the begining, Nick, Dennis and I took turns looking out back for the John's car which we missed the first night. Nick came back and said their car was there. We ran to where we could see their car and casually strolled in that direction. We saw some people going into a car. The rest of the band? No, some people delivering a drum head. They suggested just knocking on the door and asking for John Flansburgh, who Nick saw. After getting our courage up and finally knocking loud enough, John opened the door. We said a who suggested that we do this, and asked if he would sign things. He asked for a pen, and I gave mine to him. He signed Dennis' and Nick's ticket and my shoe. He then said to NOT tell our friends about this, and we galdly obliged. We went back and tried to keep quiet about what just happened for as long as we could. Brian and John Linnell walked in the front door right after that from the Embassy Suites across the street where they were staying. I thought about going up to them, but Brian said they would be back later. Silly me, I belived him. So now John Linnell is the last giant outside of maybe Kurt and the horn section to sign the shoe. Then the big blue blanket where Nick and Dennis were turned into a big, loud blanket orgy, which I promptly left. I found some more mellow people huddled in the alcove of the door and stood there. I got a blanket from a girl who's name I forgot, but she was a sweetheart to me. We listened to soundcheck which Grahm came running late to. Soundcheck was cool, and everybody quietly sang along. Very fun. More of Nick's friends came and joined us in line, and one of them brought me cheeseburgers. Very nice of him. We finally got in, and rushed to our front places. I asked Nick to ask the manager guy for the poster in the front part because it was locked up, and I didn't want them to notice me because I was disuised in glasses and slicked back hair. He said come back after the show and it'd be okay. More on that later. Nick came and we waited for Chainsaw Kitten to come on. They were better this time. I could understand more of the lyrics and got into it. He knew some of us at the front and was cool. They did their set, and I got the set list. I'm not sure why, but it's a cool thing to have. So we waited for TMBG to come on, and it was a good show. Different from the previous night. I got the set list, and here it is. SUBLIMINAL NYC SPIRAL SLEEP HOTEL DON'T SUN MAMMAL SPIDER/TWIST PARTICLE PALINROME GIRL LOST NYQUIL SPY BIRD SEXXY ACTUAL ISTANBUL NO ONE INTRO GUITAR ------------- OLDER TIL DIG ------------- POLKA POLK It was a good set, with surprised. Comments: Flans sang the falsetto in a normal voice for some reason in Hotel Detective. It was nice to hear Mammal and I Pallindrome I. At the begining of IPI, Linnell started playing the intro for How Can I Sing Like A Girl, and then goes "Wait A Minute..." And does it right. He also screwed up the begining to Particle Man. I think they should have that one down pretty well by now, but I guess not. It was a pretty fast paced set most of the time, which was fine. For the second encore, I found interesting they did The Famous Polka before James K. Polk, but I guess it's what they wanted to hear. I was happy to hear The Famous Polka, which I really like. Then the main road crew guy, who's name I think is Steve now, if someone knows, please email me did the set thing. He took the first one, peeled it up carefully and crunched it up. He threw it behind me and to my left. There was a surge of people for it and they batted it forward over the gaurd rail. Then, I made the best move I've had in awhile. As the crumpled up list was falling, I swooped my right hand down, and caught it about a foot before it hit the ground. Good one Adam! Ellyn got a set list too, and that was good. Nick then went back to try to get me the poster. Everyone had a different story. Either "We are not getting it untill tomorrow" or "It is for some handicapped girl" or a bunch of other crap. We hung out there for awhile. As we were leaving, the manager gave it to some other guy with a drumstick in his hand. Rrrrrrr. But I got another set list so it was okay. I still would like a poster though. I drove everybody home, and found out from Dennis that Mug rootbeer has no caffiene (which I don't ingest) so yay! Another drink I can have. Then I went home and to bed. The next day I got my act together and flew home. I'm sure there is more that I am not thinking of, and I may add it later. Congrats if you read it all. Paq, Vix mail me Adam Rubens~ NitpickR@aol.com * adr49289@pegasus.edu.cc.ucf The only way you get anywhere playing both sides against the middle is on an accordian. Adam's do it yourself .sig file (Updated sometimes) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701071410.JAA13838@ussodyssey.ufp.org> From: "Buster T. Bunny" Subject: Re: TMBG: My far out headphones Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 08:06:18 -0600 > From: FamousName@aol.com > > Ever since I have had my Pioneer headphones (over 20 years now), it has this > really cool thing about it. For some reason, when the jack is plugged in and > the cord coming out of it is at a certain angle, it doesn't give me the full > sound. It only gives me certain instruments played up real loud unmixed (as > in not at the produced volume levels) and other instruments played at a lower > volume in the background. > I do this with my Discman and Sony headphones all the time. Its got something to do with only sending part of the stereo channels, leaving out things like vocal information. > > It would be cool if I could record what comes out of the phones and then put > it on a website because you should just hear Birdhouse and Your Racist > Friend. You can! Get a cable that has the headphone jack on both ends (this trick works better with the big ones, but can be done with the small ones with a little more effort) and run it from the stereo headphone jack to line in on your sound card. ayou will have to play with the connection to the stereo to get the desired effect. Buster T. Bunny President, Acme Communications http://www.acmeonline.net ftp://acmeonline.net Internet Tech, Computer Services Company http://www.computer-services.com Home is where the one whom your heart belongs to is... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <0moa2yC00WB=04E5E0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:42:06 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Chords Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 6-Jan-97 TMBG: Chords by Jon Adler@voicenet.com > I guess I'm spoiled. I agree with you that the Ascii is yucky. I think that > the chords should go above the line too... However, I d/led Adobe tonite, > and used it on the chords on the test page. Frankly, they looked fantastic! > They really looked far superior to anything done in ascii... > > that's just my $3.57. It's not a matter of spoiled or not - it's a matter of compaitibility. If the entire web goes over to the Windows 95 software requirement, which it seems to be doing, then those of us with plain old ordinary DOS will lose out, and that's just not right. They may look great with a fancy viewer, but those have a lot of overhead, for one, not to mention I'm not about go go waste my money on a Microsloth product such as Win95. (yeah, I know I could install some form of Unix on my machine and view the PostScript version...and probably the PDF, too - but that isn't really my point) I'll see your $3.57 and raise you $1. ------------------------------ From: "Andrew J. Chapman" Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:47:10 +0000 Subject: TMBG: Me Message-ID: <19970107144747673.AAB145@dh-16.rn1.myna.com> Well, just thought I'd pop up with a little post mentioning my new email address. The one, which quite obviously, is at the top of this post. Update your address lists, should you care. :) -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Speed of Lightning, Roar of Thunder|Rev. Andrew J. Chapman, Esq. Fighting all who rob or plunder|Heckler Extrordinaire Underdog. Underdog!|AJChapman@myna.com ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199701071449.JAA19150@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: Re: TMBG: Chords Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:49:51 -0500 (EST) > It's not a matter of spoiled or not - it's a matter of compaitibility. > If the entire web goes over to the Windows 95 software requirement, > which it seems to be doing, then those of us with plain old ordinary DOS > will lose out, and that's just not right. They may look great with a > fancy viewer, but those have a lot of overhead, for one, not to mention > I'm not about go go waste my money on a Microsloth product such as > Win95. (yeah, I know I could install some form of Unix on my machine > and view the PostScript version...and probably the PDF, too - but that > isn't really my point) > > I'll see your $3.57 and raise you $1. Would you be happy with the ability to print it? You can get Ghostscript (http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/aladdin/) that will allow you to print PostScript and PDF to most (!) printers via DOS. They may even have GSView working under DOS now, which would allow you to view them. -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <8moa=ju00WB=04E6g0@andrew.cmu.edu> Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 09:51:27 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG St. Louis, Mississippi Nights 1/3,4 A Nit's Prespective Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 7-Jan-97 TMBG: TMBG St. Louis, Missi.. by NitpickR@aol.com > encore, I found interesting they did The Famous Polka before James K. Polk, > but I guess it's what they wanted to hear. I was happy to hear The Famous > Polka, which I really like. Then the main road crew guy, who's name I think Of course. It's the Famous James K. Polka... :) I'm kind of surprised that they played so much from Apollo 18... perhaps they really are practicing for an all Apollo 18 show... that would certainly be cool... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701071515.KAA17627@moonpatrol.rs.itd.umich.edu> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 10:15:37 -0500 From: susan lyon Subject: RE: TMBG: Ypsilanti Show hi everyone! At 07:50 PM 1/6/97 -0500, Elitza Nicolaou wrote: > The other thing that I was >thinking is that when They came to East Lansing, their in-store was about >this widely publicized (in other words, it wasn't) and there were only >about 150 people there from the entirety of the MSU campus and surrounding >areas. MSU is *considerably* larger than EMU (but EMU is a neat bird, too, >so it's all good) so the true fans will find Them. I don't think we're >gonna have a problem finding seats, and decent ones at that! that just proves that spartans have no taste in music. :) :) :) i disagree that seats will be easy to get. the last time they played in ann arbor, hill auditorium was pretty full. and all us u-michigan and ann arborite giantheads are dying to see them, and ypsilanti is pretty close by... i bet it will be packed. my advice: adopt an emu student. :) seriously, tho, don't count on there being tons of tickets available. if i find someone who doesn't mind buying tickets for strangers, i'll let everyone know. --susan * ------------------------------------- my other brain is also a porsche. mozzer@umich.edu the.statue@tmbg.org http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mozzer * ------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: tom@Mail.Coast.NET (Thomas Earl!) Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:16:46 -0500 (EST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Ypsilanti Show I was at that show at Hill Auditorium... I got my tickets about 5 days before the show and got stuck with 3 level seats... But it still rocked... Moral of this story... Grab an EMU Student... :) Tom susan lyon wrote: > > i disagree that seats will be easy to get. the last time they played in > ann arbor, hill auditorium was pretty full. and all us u-michigan > and ann arborite giantheads are dying to see them, and ypsilanti is > pretty close by... i bet it will be packed. > > my advice: adopt an emu student. :) seriously, tho, don't count on there > being tons of tickets available. if i find someone who doesn't mind buying > tickets for strangers, i'll let everyone know. > > --susan > > > ------------------------------------- > my other brain is also a porsche. > mozzer@umich.edu the.statue@tmbg.org > http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mozzer > ------------------------------------- > -- * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Earl Diplomacy is the art of saying Network Engineer "Nice Doggie!"... till you can find Coast to Coast Telecommuncations a Rock. Clarkson, Michigan +1.800.900.9960 http://www.coast.net Tom@coast.net http://www.games.coast.net * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32D28276.2869@oeonline.com> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 12:05:58 -0500 From: John Drauss Subject: Re: TMBG: Ypsilanti Show Thomas Earl! wrote: > > I was at that show at Hill Auditorium... I got my tickets about 5 days > before the show and got stuck with 3 level seats... But it still rocked... > > Moral of this story... Grab an EMU Student... :) > > Tom > > susan lyon wrote: > > > > i disagree that seats will be easy to get. the last time they played in > > ann arbor, hill auditorium was pretty full. and all us u-michigan > > and ann arborite giantheads are dying to see them, and ypsilanti is > > pretty close by... i bet it will be packed. > > > > my advice: adopt an emu student. :) seriously, tho, don't count on there > > being tons of tickets available. if i find someone who doesn't mind buying > > tickets for strangers, i'll let everyone know. > > > > --susan > > Say, I'm an EMU student and I had no idea They were playing there! I might be able to help some people out with tickets, but I need some more info first. John ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970107175030.006873f4@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 09:50:30 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: MS plus! TMBG theme O someone help me, for I am full of woe... Having had Windows 95 installed over Christmas, I am now endeavoring to spice it up, mostly by the use of kewl themes. So I visited the MS plus! page, the one where they store all the kewl themes (man, there are lots of them!), and I downloaded the "different" TMBG theme. (Thanks, Maria/Nick, but my hard drive crashed over Christmas, and I lost the copy you sent me.) Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. My friend, who is a Win 95 guru if there ever was one, says that I've got all (from what he can tell) of the disparate elements, but no file or program that unites them into a cohesive whole. Apparently I'm missing a file with a .theme extension, or something. So what do I do? Go through and change all the individual settings? How do I know which cursor/sound/whatever belongs where? Some of the sounds are obvious (tmbg_max for the sound that plays when you maximize something), but most are less so. Installing themes has GOT to be easier than this. Can anyone help? How do I do this? What are the steps necessary for a sucessful installation? --nicole the wonder nerd who is pleased as punch to have made Herne's "best of" list. Thanks a bunch, Herne! *** "Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see." --They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 13:59:30 -0600 (CST) From: hotdog Subject: Re: TMBG: Chords Message-id: > It's not a matter of spoiled or not - it's a matter of compaitibility. No it's not...the PDF veiwer is free and it is easy to use...it is also compatible w/win 3.1 and MAC and Win95 > If the entire web goes over to the Windows 95 software requirement, > which it seems to be doing, then those of us with plain old ordinary DOS > will lose out, and that's just not right. They may look great with a > fancy viewer, but those have a lot of overhead, for one, not to mention > I'm not about go go waste my money on a Microsloth product such as > Win95. (yeah, I know I could install some form of Unix on my machine It's not so much of a waste there...even if you don't like MS's tactics they did make a good product...although not as good as it could be. > and view the PostScript version...and probably the PDF, too - but that > isn't really my point) > > I'll see your $3.57 and raise you $1. > I'll see you $4.57 and call. | Nathan | Poet, Computer whiz, and trumpet player extrordinaire. "hotdog" | All round nice guy. Hiller | cool rad fly dudical | ------------------------------ From: SnailDust@aol.com Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 15:02:55 -0500 Message-ID: <970107144337_1190779343@emout05.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: 8 1/2 souvenirs.fountains of wayde.SnailDust >I think I heard Fountains of wade on the radio. It was okay. (Fountains of Wayne) only okay? They are so awesome. You should really give them more of a chance, especially since I have "nice taste in music". >Is Megan/Snail Dust the same one as on the Dar Williams list? If so, neat; >You have nice taste in music. I don't know if many tmbg fans might like Dar >Williams, but I have been listening to "The Honesty room" CD for the past >few days and it her songwriting is brilliant. Unlike TMBG's style, her songs >like very personal stories and revelations. the song travelling again is >nice to drive alone to at 4 in the morning. So yes, I am the same Megan/SnailDust who is on the Dar list. Dar and TMBG are among my absolute favorites. The only other people I know who love TMBG as well as Dar are my 2 best friends. No one else has ever heard of They, not to mention Dar. I was introduced to Dar about 2 months ago and I've been listening to Mortal City every day since. I'd hate to leap like a frog from lilly pad to liily pad but... Can anyone give me all the details of when They are coming to NYC? I know that they are coming to Irving Plaza, but I don't know when. And is going to be like the Mercury Lounge where you'll have to be 18 to get in? That always happens to us. We couldn't go to see Dar last week because you had to be 21. Oh well, less than a month and I'll have reached the big one eight :) Megan ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 14:29:08 -0600 (CST) From: hotdog Subject: Re: TMBG: Redundancy...Religion Message-id: On Sun, 5 Jan 1997, Jeff Morrow wrote: > > a) The name John is decidedly non-Jewish. Jonathan or Jon would be the more > Jewish name. > Uhhh nope sorry not true....I am jewish and have six Jewish friends named John....also what does it matter what name you have...Mine is Hiller > > b) O Tannenbaum - Few Jews record O Tannenbaum in the original German for > major release Uhhh nope sorry not true....Exhibit A: Neil Diamond nuf said > > c) Christian references, i.e. Jesus and Christmas appear in Their music, Uhhh nope sorry not true....Exhibit B: Simon and Garfunkel...Mrs. Robinson And here's to you, Mrs Robinson Jesus loves you more than you will know Wo wo wo God bless you please, Mrs Robinson, Heaven holds a place for those who pray Hey hey hey, Hey hey hey. Paul Simon-Jewish Art Garfunkel-Jewish......HMMMMM.... > including We Just Go Nuts..., which I believe is by Flansburgh. > Although this could be tru too > > d) The ending I believe you are thinking of is "berg" and not "burgh." > name-berg tends to be Jewish (e.g. Spielberg, Rosenberg, Feinberg), > but I'm not aware of any name- burgh's who are Jews. > Ok as I said before it doesn't matter what your name is, it is still a name! I do know Jews w/the -burgh suffix names > > Just my little addition. > By the Way I am sorry if this did come across as a flame it is not...I just get a little ticked about the FUNNY-YOUR-NAME-DOESN'T-SOUND-JEWISH-AND -STUFF... anyway sorry for ranting... nate p.s. any flames or marriage proposals should be addressed to unjhiller@cc.mempphis.edu ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 13:13:14 -0800 (PST) From: Liam Singer Subject: TMBG: The Hello club... Message-Id: I ordered the Hello club super-monster-pack about 4 and 1/2 weeks ago, and it still is not here. Can someone who has ordered from the club before tell me how long it usually takes them to send stuf? I've heard that they're super sluggish, but I want my music NOW! Impatient in Portland, Liam Singer ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 16:46:34 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199701072146.QAA09835@sumter.awod.com> From: frankh@awod.com (Bejezus) Subject: Re: TMBG: The Hello club... > I ordered the Hello club super-monster-pack about 4 and 1/2 weeks >ago, and it still is not here. Can someone who has ordered from the club HAHAHAHAHA!!! Yer old pal Bej ordered his super-monster-pack in August! Thanks for a good laugh, Liam, now would you like to join me in drowning our sorrows with a big dose of sexxy single? Still waiting, Brother JohnBejezus * ---------------------------------- Brother JohnBejezus - frankh@awod.com http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/9677 "...and then forget" - David Thomas * ----------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 17:17:30 -0500 Message-ID: <970107160135_745847861@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Redundancy...Religion I am Jewish myself, but I haven't come across any Jewish Johns, just Jon. It all depends on the parent's decision for a name. Next, the last name comes from the father and the religion from the mother. With all of the intermarrying going on today, it is possible that Flansburgh's dad was Jewish(hence the name) and the mother was not, and decided to name him John. Also, it is possible that Linnel is. For example, my last name, GEDALIUS, does not sound Jewish, more like Greek, but actually an Old Testament king or something was named Gedaliah, henceforth my last name. Maybe Linnel is also from the Bible or just a name that was brought about. There's my two cents! Joel Gedalius http://members.aol.com/yoel97 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ---------------------In a message dated 97-01-07 15:39:45 EST, you write----------------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > > a) The name John is decidedly non-Jewish. Jonathan or Jon would be the more > Jewish name. > Uhhh nope sorry not true....I am jewish and have six Jewish friends named John....also what does it matter what name you have...Mine is Hiller > > b) O Tannenbaum - Few Jews record O Tannenbaum in the original German for > major release Uhhh nope sorry not true....Exhibit A: Neil Diamond nuf said > > c) Christian references, i.e. Jesus and Christmas appear in Their music, Uhhh nope sorry not true....Exhibit B: Simon and Garfunkel...Mrs. Robinson And here's to you, Mrs Robinson Jesus loves you more than you will know Wo wo wo God bless you please, Mrs Robinson, Heaven holds a place for those who pray Hey hey hey, Hey hey hey. Paul Simon-Jewish Art Garfunkel-Jewish......HMMMMM.... > including We Just Go Nuts..., which I believe is by Flansburgh. > Although this could be tru too > > d) The ending I believe you are thinking of is "berg" and not "burgh." > name-berg tends to be Jewish (e.g. Spielberg, Rosenberg, Feinberg), > but I'm not aware of any name- burgh's who are Jews. > Ok as I said before it doesn't matter what your name is, it is still a name! I do know Jews w/the -burgh suffix names > > Just my little addition. > By the Way I am sorry if this did come across as a flame it is not...I just get a little ticked about the FUNNY-YOUR-NAME-DOESN'T-SOUND-JEWISH-AND -STUFF... anyway sorry for ranting... nate >> ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 18:01:14 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Chords Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 7-Jan-97 Re: TMBG: Chords by hotdog@LATTE.MEMPHIS.EDU > No it's not...the PDF veiwer is free and it is easy to use...it is also > compatible w/win 3.1 and MAC and Win95 Three strikes and you're out. I run none of these, and will never run any of these, except maybe a Mac, save for the fact that I've spent too much on my PC already... >It's not so much of a waste there...even if you don't like MS's tactics >they did make a good product...although not as good as it could be. No they don't. Windows 95 is a complete piece of garbage and a waste of hard drive space. I've seen it screw up my parents' computer, my roommate's computer, many others I've seen... I have yet to see a well implemented feature of Windows 95 (perhaps because there are none). I can't waste my time, effort, and money on such a product. >I'll see you $4.57 and call. Does that mean I can't add anything more to the discussion? That's my 3 aces... :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970107183551.00696fc4@popd.ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 18:35:53 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Chords [Windows 95 stuff snipped; take it to Usenet] I downloaded Acroat Reader and looked at the chords. They do look better in the PDF format, but I think ASCII woould be better all around. While Acrobat Reader is nice, it's gonna be a pain in the a$$ for people who don't have it to go download it. It's three-something megs, and that takes enough time on a 28.8 modem that by the time it's downloaded you're probably not all that interested in the chords anymore. If you could make the ASCII version more like the Acrobat one, like have the chord names above the lyrics, rather that inside them... Evan, who is broke, so I won't give you my 2 cents -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org This Statement Is False ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701072352.SAA20982@jmurray.campus.vt.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Chords Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 18:52:46 -0500 From: John Murray > [Windows 95 stuff snipped; take it to Usenet] > > I downloaded Acroat Reader and looked at the chords. They do look better in > the PDF format, but I think ASCII woould be better all around. While > Acrobat Reader is nice, it's gonna be a pain in the a$$ for people who > don't have it to go download it. It's three-something megs, and that takes > enough time on a 28.8 modem that by the time it's downloaded you're > probably not all that interested in the chords anymore. If you could make > the ASCII version more like the Acrobat one, like have the chord names > above the lyrics, rather that inside them... I like the pdf/ps formats, but a ASCII is a neccesity. the the conversion from the source format(the ASCII version on the site) to a formatted ASCII version looks to be simple. As proof of concept, I have wriiten a simple-n-dirty C program that puts the chord above the lyric. It could be the base for a better conversion that handels thee other info in the file. Actualy this could probally be better written in PERL, but don't have my perl book around. If anyone is intrested in the program you can e-mail me for it. -- John Murray -=- jmurray@vt.edu johns@tmbg.org -=- http://acm.vt.edu/~jmurray The Unofficial Pritchard Home Page ->http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~murray/pritchard ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970108001528.008ed030@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 19:15:28 -0500 From: Leo Bicknell Subject: Re: TMBG: Chords At 06:52 PM 1/7/97 -0500, John Murray wrote: >I like the pdf/ps formats, but a ASCII is a neccesity. the the conversion >from the source format(the ASCII version on the site) to a formatted ASCII >version looks to be simple. As proof of concept, I have wriiten a >simple-n-dirty C program that puts the chord above the lyric. It could be the >base for a better conversion that handels thee other info in the file. >Actualy this could probally be better written in PERL, but don't have my perl >book around. If anyone is intrested in the program you can e-mail me for it. I have the source to ChordPro, the program that makes those wonderful PDF and Postscript files. It's actually a relatively simple program and it may be possible to modify it so that it outputs ASCII as well. I definately don't have the time to do something like that now, but if someone else wanted to work on it I could point them in the right direction. -- Leo Bicknell bicknell@ufp.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199701080038.TAA05206@dartvax.dartmouth.edu> Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 19:39:33 -0500 From: gonk@valley.net (Robert Grabill) Subject: Demi-TMBG: Frank Black and BMG I'll start with the tmbg-related material, but please read the end of this message as well, it is super-neato important! I had a dream about the Tiny Toons videos. But for some reason, they were Frank Black songs. And the episode was all about making these videos for Istanbul and Particle Man. But They were by frank Black, and he was animated into the episode, and there was one scene where he threw that wimpy looking guy with the pony-tail accros the table. It was a fun dream, but is Frank Black Taking over TMBG? CONTINUE TO READ ME! READ! READ! This goes out to all of the BMG members out there. I've been with BMG before but I'm rejoining. I need six CD's, but I only have two that I want that I can find. I know that the selection is a lot more asvanced in the catalouge, so could Members see if the soundtracks from the following movies are in there. Mallrats Clerks Clueless Empire Rercords Trainspotting I don't expect Clerks Mallrats or Trainspotting to be in thjere, but hey you never know. I thought I saw Clueless and Empire Records in a BMG ad, but I might have been CH. If you have the numbers for these or any other music that you think I should give a whirl, e-mail me with the numbers, thanks! Now my tree is gone, and only this remains. But I got a new quote! Rob Grabill X X gonk@valley.net ^ http://www.geocities.com/Paris/1941/ |||||||||| "Yo! Rumpsfield, what are you doing with the gun dude?" "Shut up and paint your goddam house!" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 19:54:52 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: State Songs Message-ID: I seem to remember reading that the State Songs are completed. If this is true, does anyone have them, and know where I could get a copy? If this is false, does anyone have better information? * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 17:08:27 -0800 From: J Chen Subject: TMBG: Gladly the Cross I Bear Ah, TMBG, with their grand tradition of slipping in references to other songs in their own songs... I never heard of a song called "Gladly the Cross I Bear" until just a few days ago. Now I'm curious. What is this song, and about how does it go? And, by the way, in reference to the "What religion are They?" thing, They did say Happy Hanukkah in a tape recording I have of them during a performance. Don't know if that means anything. HAPPY NEW YEAR, ALL! ========================___________________________________________... . . . | from LVJeff | Personal mondegreen: "20-20-24 hours ago, | Protected by Guan Yu | I'm going east of Eden." | alecson@ucla.edu | I Wanna Be Sedated, by The Ramones ======================== "I wanna be sedated." ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 20:39:46 -0500 Message-ID: <970107182057_373077251@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: AAAAH! TMBG in a techno mix song???? I've got WBER on, and there is a weird techno song on.. all of the sudden, incorporated into it, I hear "why is the world in love again....." and froze! Then the did the rest, but sped it up "it'sabrandnewrecordfor1990.." but wait, it just ended, and Birdhouse is on, okay. Never mind. My fault. :) It sounded cool though! sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970107210327.006e5b78@popmail.voicenet.com> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 21:03:30 -0500 From: Jeff Morrow Subject: Re: TMBG: Redundancy...Religion >I am Jewish myself, but I haven't come across any Jewish Johns, just Jon. It >all depends on the parent's decision for a name. I guess so. >Next, the last name comes from the father and the religion from the mother. That is only in some interpretations. Reform Judaism accepts Judaism as being from either parent. > With all of the intermarrying going on today, it is possible that >Flansburgh's dad was Jewish(hence the name) and the mother was not, and >decided to name him John. Not entirely uncommon. >Also, it is possible that Linnel is. For example, my last name, GEDALIUS, >does not sound Jewish, more like Greek, but actually an Old Testament king or >something was named Gedaliah, henceforth my last name. Maybe Linnel is also >from the Bible or just a name that was brought about. It's been said, I believe, that Linnell himself lamented about being the only non-Jew growing up where he did. =================================-----Jeff-Morrow-----====================== ============ jmorow@voicenet.com They Might Be Bootlegs @ http://www.voicenet.com/~jmorrow/tmbg/boot.html ============================================================================ ============ ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 21:06:20 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970107182053_1991063426@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: My far out headphones >Ever since I have had my Pioneer headphones (over 20 years >now), it has this really cool thing about it. For some reason, >when the jack is plugged in and the cord coming out of it is at >a certain angle, it doesn't give me the full sound. It only gives >me certain instruments played up real loud unmixed (as >in not at the produced volume levels) and other instruments >played at a lower volume in the background ROTFL! WOW! I've only been forever mentioning to people about this exact finding (it works with any headphones), and telling how cool it is, and no one seems to pay attention! It's so amazingly cool!!!! :D I always do that with my discman! I haven't had Flood in a while (my friend has it) but I recall Sapphire Buuets sounds really neat like that. Any cd-- any group. Shadowy Men On A Shadowy Planet especcially, wow. All of you, go and try it now.. Sometimes it blocks out vocals, sometimes Schermer-solos.. ;) It even works on my tape-walkman.. sarah :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 21:25:40 -0500 (EST) From: Josh Subject: TMBG: Irving plaza tickets? Message-ID: Does anybody know when the tickets for these shows will go on sale? Will they be through ticket master? There is no mention of these shows on the Irving Plaza web page that I can see, and I called ticket master today. P.S. I convinced my dad to drive me to NYC the 14th for the show! ;) Josh josh@fyi.net ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 21:03:11 -0600 From: "Linda Schultz" Message-Id: <9701080303.AA24370@omnifest.uwm.edu> Subject: TMBG: EMU Tickets Hi, I haven't posted yet this year but I have to make a comment. You guys who aren't eMU students and want tickets to that show on the 19th of February, I think you said it was, please try to find a student from the university to get you some. When TMBG was in Milwaukee in 1994 at Marquette University, their tickets went on sale for the students a week before they went on sale for the public. The morning they were supposed to go on sale to the public I was there at 10 a.m. when I was supposed to be and discovered to my horror that they were all sold out. Needless to say, I was disappointed, along with extremely Pissed!!! The mention of them being at a university first where the tickets go on sale for about a week before they go on sale for the general public makes me mad all over again. No offense, guys, I know it comes out of your tuition, etc. I hold no hard feelings, but please try to get some student to get you guys the tickets. Has this ever happened to anyone else, that they wanted to see TMBG but couldn't because they didn't attend a certain university. Please don't take anything for granted or assume anything. Linda ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 8 Jan 97 03:06:57 UT From: "Kathy and Ryan " Message-Id: Subject: TMBG: RE: tmbg-list Digest #3-5 >. I guess just >saying "Factory Showroom is the fifth TMBG record" and "it >sounds like them" Uh, it's Their seventh album is it not? Ryan Hamilton .sig file pending ------------------------------ From: mjames@greed.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9701080344.AA17362@greed.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: 6th album Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 22:44:34 -0500 (EST) > >. I guess just > >saying "Factory Showroom is the fifth TMBG record" and "it >sounds like them" > > > Uh, it's Their seventh album is it not? Actually, it's their fifth studio album. Misc T isn't really considered an album, it was just a collection of b-sides and remixes. Matt -- Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 22:59:14 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Gladly the Cross I Bear Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 7-Jan-97 TMBG: Gladly the Cross I Bear by J Chen@ucla.edu > Ah, TMBG, with their grand tradition of slipping in references to other > songs in their own songs... They do this more than you think - musically, as well. I've never seen or heard of them doing this before, but at the Pittsburgh show on 12/14/96, they led in to Ana Ng from The Guitar very smoothly, and then during the two measure instrumental between two of the final refrains, played the bass line from The Guitar - to loud cheers from the audience. Does anyone know if they've done such a thing before? It seems that usually they don't mix their songs like that... they'll play one then another, etc... like they wouldn't suddenly break into No One Knows My Plan in the middle of Your Racist Friend (even though that would be very cool), or start playing Nightgown of the Sullen Moon inside New York City (they're in the same key, anyway) What I'm waiting to hear some time is, instead of singing/saying "I don't want the world, I just want your half" in Ana Ng, replace it with a deep organ sound and a whispered "Fingertips.... Fingertips!" of course, they hate fingertips, so they're never going to play any of it again... so is there any evidence of this at any other concert, or was this the first time? (or do I have all the wrong tapes? :) ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: java.mail: an unrelated thing Message-ID: <19970107.220259.3590.0.java.man@juno.com> From: java.man@juno.com (Tim B Lloyd) Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 23:05:42 EST Wow. I was just reading this book called Expiration Date, by Tim Powers, and there were 2 references in it that made me say, "Wow!" "The car radio was tuned to some oldies rock station, and the driver was whistling along to the sad melody of Phil Ochs's 'Pleasures of the Harbor.'" "'Yes,' he said. 'And he can no more get out of here than we two can. We toucans.' He sang, 'Precious and few are the mo-ments we toucans sha-a-are...'" It's a pretty good book, sort of X-Files meets Indiana Jones. And the author must be cool, since his name is Tim and he mentions things TMBG mentions. Hee hee. Tim Lloyd java.man@juno.com When they ask him, "What other planet features this," he replies, "What other planet!" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <32D3260A.6270@epix.net> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 23:43:54 -0500 From: XMatthew MotykaX Organization: The NeonNova of Saturn Subject: TMBG: Hmmm...well what can I say..... Hello All, I just joined the list today. SO I decided to say hi and what not. If ya don't mind me asking this, I have a few questions concerning this list for starters. (1) How many people are on this list? What's the average mail per day? (2) IS this list personnal? In otherwords, do we talk on IRC and actually get to know each other more than just an e-mail. (EX. Do you wish to know my age, and where I live?) I an also on a mailing list for LUNAR/ANIME/SEGA , on this list we average close to 150+ mails per day. That's why I am wondering how large this one gets.We also have 120 subscribers who basically know each others background pretty well. Those are my questions....feel free to ask away any questions for me. Anything from where I live to what I like to do...just ask. !THANKS FOR YOUR TIME! -- |\ | |-- |---| |\ | |\ | |---| \ / /\ | \ | |- | | | \ | | \ | | | \ / /--\ | \| |-- |---| | \| | \| |---| \/ / \ Matthew Motyka the Neon Nova of Saturn motyka@epix.net XfanzineX on mIRC "None are the weaker than those who don't give a Damn" -Matthew Motyka- "Don't try to be like Jackie. There is only one Jackie... Study computers instead." -Jackie Chan- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 00:22:50 -0500 (EST) From: That rascal Eric Webber Subject: Re: TMBG: 6th album Message-ID: This message was a little confusing to me considering you put 6th album in the subject which is correct but then said it was Their 5th in the message body! I'm just bored. Take it easy, Wubba On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Matthew James wrote: > > >. I guess just > > >saying "Factory Showroom is the fifth TMBG record" and "it >sounds like them" > > > > > > Uh, it's Their seventh album is it not? > Actually, it's their fifth studio album. Misc T isn't really considered > an album, it was just a collection of b-sides and remixes. > Matt > -- > Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) > ------------------------------------------------------------------- > Matt James > polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu > Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America > "Cracking toast, Gromit!" > New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com > * ------------------------------------------------------------------ |Eric Webber- | "We intend to offend and alarm | |erwst9+@pitt.edu | and annoy" -The Penis Wolves | |wubba@tmbg.org | "Maturity is a high price to pay| |http://www.pitt.edu/~erwst9 | for growing up" -Tom Stoppard| * ------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------ From: FamousName@aol.com Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 01:00:23 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970107212423_1291500484@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Redundancy...Religion In a message dated 97-01-07 15:39:45 EST, unjhiller@LATTE.MEMPHIS.EDU (hotdog) writes: << > c) Christian references, i.e. Jesus and Christmas appear in Their music, Uhhh nope sorry not true....Exhibit B: Simon and Garfunkel...Mrs. Robinson And here's to you, Mrs Robinson Jesus loves you more than you will know Wo wo wo God bless you please, Mrs Robinson, Heaven holds a place for those who pray Hey hey hey, Hey hey hey. Paul Simon-Jewish Art Garfunkel-Jewish......HMMMMM.... >> Also...Norman Greenbaum sang "Spirit in the Sky" "I got a place in Jesus, so you know that when I die, he's gonna recommend me to the Spirit in the Sky"...a decidedly Trinity-like reference from someone (who I think) is Jewish...but what makes the difference...? ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 01:11:39 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970107232011_1957550330@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: OMLT Reminders! First of all: to all latecomers, if you are remotely interested in a mailing list t-shirt, please drop me a note at christi587@aol.com. This is not a commital, just an interest survey. Please write by the 15th of January so I can get moving on stage 2, which is getting price info. (All we know now is that they will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $10, depending on how many orders there are... bulk is good!) Second: Thanks to all who have already written (that's about 40 of you so far). Please do not ask me about design information because I am not in charge of design. If you wrote requesting a design deadline... well, you might as well start now, because sooner is better. But again, I am not in charge. Also, I have received quite enough barnyard noises and marriage proposals to last a lifetime! :) These next few weeks will be hectic, but the OMLT Goddess assures you she will not drop the ball on this. C'mon... get a shirt... you know you want one. All your friends are doing it. (All your friends want to get a discount price, too... so get one even if you don't want it. Use it as a dishrag or something.) --Christy ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-7 ****************************