Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-73 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 73 Friday, 14 March 1997 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Portland, OR Concert Review Type Thing Re: TMBG: Portland, OR Concert Review Type Thing TMBG: More on the Portland show... TMBG: J. Otto, Conga, Dewan-iture, Bar/None TMBG: Confetti Cannon/Bubble Machine thoughts Re: TMBG: Portland Oregon Concert Re: TMBG: Seattle show Re: TMBG: TMBG-Conga*line TMBG: TMBG in chicago RE: TMBG: Seattle show RE: TMBG: Review of the Complete FS Sessions RE: TMBG: Review of the Complete FS Sessions NON-TMBG: Squirrel Nuts TMBG: TOTALLY NONTMBG - TOTALLY PERE UBU RE: TMBG: Seattle show TMBG: IMPACT 88.9 Re: TMBG: Linnell the Highlander? Re: TMBG: cdnow "genres" TMBG: PUSA/Conga Line TMBG: conga line TMBG: tmbg & michael moore TMBG: Some TMBG, Some not so TMBG... NON TMBG: BFF TMBG: Explain something TMBG: Funny.... Re: TMBG: TOTALLY NONTMBG - TOTALLY PERE UBU Re: TMBG: Explain something TMBG: the Mighty Martyr TMBG: SWAHD sing|e question Re: TMBG: TOTALLY NONTMBG - TOTALLY PERE UBU RE: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review RE: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review TMBG: TMBG Live this morning Re: TMBG: SWAHD sing|e question RE: TMBG: Dewan RE: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review RE: TMBG: Dewan RE: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review Re: TMBG: tmbg & michael moore Re: TMBG: tmbg & michael moore Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions (And Duh!) RE: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions (And More!) RE: TMBG: Seattle show RE: TMBG: cdnow "genres" TMBG: Cards (short FYI) Re: TMBG: tmbg & michael moore TMBG: MD tour dates RE: TMBG: Seattle show Re: TMBG: the Mighty Martyr TMBG: MP3 Non-TMBG: Dada TMBG: B-52's, Presidents, Sportscenter, dickens RE: TMBG: Explain something TMBG: Brian Dewan, Spy live, Michael Moore NON TMBG: Michael Moore Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan, Spy live, Michael Moore RE: TMBG: Explain something RE: TMBG: Explain something NON-TMBG: Michael Moore / TV Nation Re: NON-TMBG: Michael Moore / TV Nation Re: NON-TMBG: Michael Moore / TV Nation Re: NON TMBG: Michael Moore TMBG: Live in NY CD Re: NON-TMBG: Michael Moore / TV Nation Re: TMBG: Seattle show Re: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review TMBG: Crash Test Dummies vs. The Presidents of the United States of America Re: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review TMBG: "Alternative" Till My Head Falls Off interpretation TMBG: F'd up tour dates Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 23:10:47 -0800 (PST) From: Alex Subject: Re: TMBG: Portland, OR Concert Review Type Thing Message-ID: > | > Where your Eyes don't go I THINK they did, but I might just be making that > up... Meet James Ensor they didn't... unless I took a nap at some point in > the show, or really don't know the song. Just ignore me... I'm rambling. > They did them both. My memory and my setlist as proof. :) | alex@europa.com http://www.europa.com/~alex | |BarenakedLadies DannyElfman PetShopBoys Erasure 10,000Maniacs TMBG| ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "The One and Only" Subject: Re: TMBG: Portland, OR Concert Review Type Thing Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 00:47:59 PST Well YES they did them at the Portland show, but the issue of what was played at the Seattle show is MUCH more important, as proven by the garroulessness (sp?) of us folks up here. (And what this message was regarding) Plus (no offense to those not 21 yet) I much preferred watching Them at a 21+ club, which I got to do up here, but you did not get to do in Portland. :P (WOW! An Advantage to living in Seattle over Portland! I knew if I hung around up here long enough one would come!). Over and out, Michelle ---------- | > | | > Where your Eyes don't go I THINK they did, but I might just be making that | > up... Meet James Ensor they didn't... unless I took a nap at some point in | > the show, or really don't know the song. Just ignore me... I'm rambling. | > | | They did them both. My memory and my setlist as proof. :) | | | | alex@europa.com http://www.europa.com/~alex | | |BarenakedLadies DannyElfman PetShopBoys Erasure 10,000Maniacs TMBG| | | ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970313001742.006aeb2c@pop.teleport.com> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 00:17:48 -0800 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: More on the Portland show... There was a confetti cannon (as previously mentioned) AND a bubble machine. I forget what song the bubble machine was used in, but the confetti cannon was used in "James K. Polk" (not "Ensor") at an appropriate part in the song. It was very cool, one of the coolest concert moments of any show I've ever been to, and I'm quite a concert junkie. Also, SOMEONE out there taped the Portland show. At least one taper was spotted by my roommate. If someone speaks up, here, I'd be glad to make a deal... Anyway, I'm off... (P.S. Factory Showroom sessions guy: do you have a good quality tape?) Kerry ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 03:54:28 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970313035427_1550416440@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: J. Otto, Conga, Dewan-iture, Bar/None Hello 41- J. Otto- After watching the A 18 promo about four times, I realized I'm very much in love with J. Otto Seibold. Does anyone know where to get more info about him? I remember seeing some of his children's books at the Art Institute in Chicago, but I didn't get any. They all were related to his character, Mr. Lunch. Again, if anyone can direct me to info, I'd appriciate it. Conga- At The Coronet in '95 we did conga. I also like the line in Atlanta (I think) about the conga. Flans introduces it, and then says something like "Now I know everybody in front is thinking (quickly) 'No way I'm going to do this man. I got here early to check out the show, and I'm not going to move.' But don't be grumpy, let everybody have a chance at the front." Flans telling *us* not to be grumpy. Humph! Dewan-iture- I knew he sold furniture, but I didn't know it was in Brooklyn. If one of the many NY people could find out stuff about this and tell us, I'm sure that people on the list, as well as Brian, would be very happy about it. I have a spot in my bedroom that would love a Brian Dewan piece. Bar/None- Jeez. I looked through the Bar/None stuff, and I think they promote TMBG every chance they get. Speaking of which, the band Disco Inferno on Bar/None just played at Pleasure Island, where I work. Cool, but I didn't get to check much of them out. Also, does anyone know where to get anything other than the self-titled or One by The Ordinaires? This would include information, merchandise and music. Thanks. Adam Rubens~ NitpickR@aol.com * adr49289@pegasus.edu.cc.ucf Squeegee, that means take it all in French. -Duplex Planet Currently in the CD Changer- TMBG-Apollo 18, The Ordinaires-The Ordinaires, Devo-EZ Listening Disc, Young Fresh Fellows-The Men Who Loved Music, Soul Coughing-Irresistable Bliss ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: TMBG: Confetti Cannon/Bubble Machine thoughts Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 06:50:35 -0600 Message-ID: <19970313125033915.AAA298@ppp162.baraboo.com> Ok, this is probably totally wrong, but i feel like posting something, because i have a whole day off (got a few feet of snow), so here it is: They've been using a lot of props at shows recently, te old puppet heads, the confetti cannon, and a bubble machine. Now, i know this is probably cool (i've only been to one show, rochester 12/29, no props there) But why are they suddenly using all these? Could it be because off loss of band members. Flans said in an interview (about why they got the full band) something like "We decided we were too plain on stage, just 2 guys. SO we decided that we either invest in a full band or a large light show" Well, with the loss of some of the band, could this be the 'light show'? Just a thought. -Wyatt "SCHOOLS CANCELLED!!!!!!" Glodell ------------------------------ Date: 13 Mar 1997 13:22:37 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc2faf$3f01dc00$LocalHost@parvenu> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: Re: TMBG: Portland Oregon Concert > Well.... I hate to even bring this up, but could it possibly be that he > got laid? I mean, yes marriage, yes all the rest, but would it be too much > of a shock to anybody if Linny married as a virgin? Damn straight > it shot him full of the dickens! > Gees Elitza, first it was strip poker and now it's this! :-) I bet he pulls more roots than a barmen pulls beers -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:31:06 -0500 (EST) From: Dan McNevin Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle show Message-ID: > At the concert Monday night They told everyone to > form a conga line. (Forgot which song they did it for). > They then told everyone that there was another band > playing RIGHT NOW in the Moore Theatre (where they > usually play in Seattle), and that band was forming > THEIR crowd right now into a conga line, and if we all > conga'd over there, we could trade crowds. (: they did this last time they were in chicago too, during no one knows my plan, they said if they could get a conga line going in a big circle going from the balcony to the main floor, they would achieve a state of perfect harmony.. or something like that, it was last november, i can;t remember exactly... on a side note, during spy linnell not only pointed to the audience to scream 'spy', but pointed to the main floor and the balcony seperately.. and also, when he does this, do you notice some people just scream, don't they know to scream spy? > No one conga'd. people actually did at the show i was at ___ dan mcnevin | danlin@underworld.net cold meat productions | danlin@pimpz.org www.underworld.net/~danlin | danlin@acquiesce.org i've got a world that swings... | danlin@the-beatles.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 10:30:21 -0500 From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG-Conga*line At 8:37 PM -0500 3/12/97, ILOVEMARTHASTEWART wrote: > >ps...can anyone confirm that there wasn't a conga*line anytime between >Dec 94 and Nov 96? > i was at at least two shows during 95 where they did the conga line, so i don't think they stopped it because of injures in Kansas... Trippy ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:31:04 -0600 (CST) From: Dan McNevin Subject: TMBG: TMBG in chicago Message-ID: i heard on the readio today that tmbg will be playing with cub at the metro shows in chicago, and that tickets will go on sale this saturday at noon... dan (ps. sorry if this got posted 2x, something's wrong and i wasn't sure if it went the first time) ___ dan mcnevin | danlin@underworld.net cold meat productions | danlin@pimpz.org www.underworld.net/~danlin | danlin@acquiesce.org i've got a world that swings... | danlin@the-beatles.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Seattle show Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 07:47:00 -0800 >---------- >From: Han Solo Wanna-Be[SMTP:bem99@uno.cc.geneseo.edu] >Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 1997 7:58 AM >To: McClusky, Jesse >Cc: TMBG >Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle show > >> No one conga'd. >> >> Jesse > >The song that They told everyone to conga to was probably "No One Knows >My Plan". 3 out of the 4 shows I've been to the song was played and They >told everyone to conga. And most people were receptive to it too. The >biggest line at the 3 show was probably about 75-95 people long at >Cortland, NY. > > Brian Mellem > I think the problem this time was that there was 1) no room (the place did eventually get pretty packed) and 2) it's Seattle (I doubt even 1 in 100 people there knew the word "conga") (: Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Review of the Complete FS Sessions Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 07:49:55 -0800 >---------- >From: garit@juno.com[SMTP:garit@juno.com] >Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 1997 5:02 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Review of the Complete FS Sessions > >Hi again, > >Here is my review of the unreleased tracks on the Complete Factory >Showroom Sessions, almost all of which is favorable. Remember, these are >all completed studio versions of the songs, not live. Um, just a question.... WHERE DID YOU GET THIS??? Just asking. (: Oh, also, they sang "Graham said to Dan" in "They Got Lost" Monday night. Just in case you were wondering. Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:27:25 -0500 (EST) From: Dan McNevin Subject: RE: TMBG: Review of the Complete FS Sessions Message-ID: > Oh, also, they sang "Graham said to Dan" in "They Got Lost" > Monday night. Just in case you were wondering. did you notice that the 3rd verse in the studio version goes.. graham says to brian, i think there's somebody walking this way, so eric rolls down the window and says hello, excuse me, hey.. if this is a true story how, can they keep changing the names around :) dan ___ dan mcnevin | danlin@underworld.net cold meat productions | danlin@pimpz.org www.underworld.net/~danlin | danlin@acquiesce.org i've got a world that swings... | danlin@the-beatles.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:48:05 -0500 (EST) From: Ellen Kao Subject: NON-TMBG: Squirrel Nuts Message-ID: This nontheyrelated, but I discovered yesterday that two of the SNZippers are married to each other; it said so in the lastest RS! This was sort of a suprise (its Jimbo and Katherine, ofcourse!) and well, I just thought I'd share cause its kind of cute, IMO. Oh wait, there IS TMBG content in this!! I was at a record store the other day and they had this article about this local MD band called Big Splat and the Bushwackers, comparing them of the folk world to Them of the rock music world. Thats it. Ellen Ooo_o___OOo__oo_OoO____o_OO__oO_O___ooo "You don't know how precious you are- I am the one who lives with the Ocean." o__ooO__o_oOO__oo___o__OoO__ooO___ooOo_ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:08:36 -0500 From: gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu (David Gonzalez) Message-Id: <199703131708.MAA01148@vitaliy> Subject: TMBG: TOTALLY NONTMBG - TOTALLY PERE UBU Hi, Some of you are going to gripe, gripe, gripe about this posting, but, it IS They related. Back during the WDTSS? Tour, Pere Ubu opened up for Them, and was definitley was one of the best tours ever. Alot of fans on the list like Pere Ubu as well, so here it goes. ----- Music Review: David Thomas's weird and wonderful world By Jim Sullivan, Globe Staff, 03/13/97 CAMBRIDGE - David Thomas is a large man who inhabits an even larger musical universe. With Cleveland's Pere Ubu, he was making dada-esque art-punk music before punk rock existed. Now based in London, he's kept it up through the ensuing 20-plus years, whether as the singer with Pere Ubu, or as an even more outre solo-ish, free-form performer-raconteur. It was in this latter guise, fronting a trio called David Thomas & TwoPale Boys, that Thomas appeared Tuesday night at the Middle East Downstairs before a handful of the fervent faithful. Yes, the turnout was disappointingly small - some folks probably opted for the not totally dissimilar Morphine at the Paradise; Thomas's new ``Erewhon'' CD just came out; it was an early weekday night - but the spirit was there. Warped, weird, wonderful. Semi-structured, semi-improv, decidedly skewed. Tilted more toward the dark than the whimsical side. (Thomas can go either way - often at the same time.) From the stage, Thomas said, ``People in my neighborhood think I'm a sharp-dressed man.... They wonder what I do for a living.'' He is that unclassifiable enigma: a hard-working man, a road warrior, a poet, a chronicler of the true and the absurd, and a deconstructionist of the first order. The closing of his set was based on the Beach Boys' ``Surfer Girl,'' but he crossed over into other Brian Wilson songs and let his own fire-smoke-and-water imagery bleed in and paint it red. He said: ``We live in an age of superstition ... and voodoo logic. We're the last generation that will live in an enlightened culture, what there is left of it. ... In 20 years, you'll say, `1997 was a good year.''' It was Thomas as a grandpa, being ridiculed by his grandchildren much as his grandparents were by him. David Thomas explains it all. The Two Pale Boys are Brits: trumpter Andy Diagram of the Spaceheads, whose atmospheric sounds recalled Don Cherry and Jon Hassell; and MIDI/guitarist Keith Moline, who triggered numerous bass and effects samples as well as playing scratchy guitar riffs. Thomas played melodeon and sang, spoke, and warbled. The overall sound was minimalistic, but the possibilities seemed boundless. The paranoia was palpable. But so was the joie de vivre. One lurks within the other in Thomas's universe. Thomas sang about buying a home at the bottom of the sea; he raised the possibility of brotherhood on the ``trail of tears,'' as truckers have; he sang ``Can't Help Falling in Love'' in a decidedly dour key of (real) life. He asked for someone to buy him half a shot of Remy Martin. He sang of Dairy Freeze Whip and Nowheres ville. David Lynch: You have a kindred spirit, though Thomas is less likely to indulge in violent fantasies. Words of Thomas's wisdom: ``Self-pity is a terrible thing to keep to yourself. You've got to spread it around'' - this in a song proclaiming his ``heart of gold.'' It's poetry into pain, wrapped around idiosyncratic beats and bleats: Diagram sang through the end of his trumpet using a pitch shifter. Thomas let loose, barely opening his eyes; same for Moline. Freedom in a sense, privacy, too. Thomas finds avenues that few of us even think exist. It's no smooth ride, but it was great to be in that kind of company. Humor and pathos, danger and deliverance. (Thomas has a boxed set of his solo work, called ``David Thomas, Monster,'' due out on Tim Kerr Records in May.) ----- End Included Message ----- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:19:58 -0800 (PST) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: RE: TMBG: Seattle show Message-ID: On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, McClusky, Jesse wrote: > I think the problem this time was that there was 1) no room (the > place did eventually get pretty packed) and 2) it's Seattle (I doubt > even 1 in 100 people there knew the word "conga") (: Actually, I heard there *was* at least some sort of a conga line somewhere in the room. Amy, who had to wriggle her way out to get some air, said she kind of followed the line to get back towards our group. Someone in the club tonight has made a conga line -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu _______________________________________________________________ I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I carry that bucket with pride -Junior Brown --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3327F1AB.22E8@scnc.waverly.k12.mi.us> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:23:07 +0000 From: Elitza Nicolaou Organization: Waverly High School Subject: TMBG: IMPACT 88.9 Hey/hay, Apologies for that somewhat-inappropriate post yesterday. Hope you liked it. :) Oh, yesterday was funny... I was in my house listening to the radio and thinking about how I'd like to call in and request TMHFO, but lacking the energy or willpower to do so. Few minutes later what should happen but the very same song comes over the speakers! Weird... Love, The Spork Princess (elitza) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:38:36 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703131738.JAA22300@f14.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell the Highlander? >Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 18:20: >> I betcha anything he's an Immortal. Notice how recent pictures of him look >> very much like older pictures of him. :) >> >Ohmigod, I think you're right. If so, he definitely is multi-talented- >an accomplished artist, a craftsman, a musician that can play just about >every instrument (he's had a _long_ time to learn, I'll bet!) That must >be why he stays out of the way and doesn't get so involved in the fans >like Flansy does- he's afraid he'll meet another Immortal! Cause there >can be only one, ya know...I wonder where he keeps his sword. I like to >think he uses a broad sword much in the style of chivalry! Go Linnell! Oooooh, looky what just came for me in the mail from Binky'z House of Cards! My "John Linnell: Immortal" set that I ordered last week!!YIPPEE!!!!:) Preparing to duck flames for bringing up the AKA thread again, Anastasia "Now it's over I'm dead and i haven't done anything that i want" Hunt Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ###################################################### "I've been leaving on my things, so in the morning when the morningbird sings there's still dinner on my dinner jacket till the dinner bell rings":)TMBG Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: TheMoog! Subject: Re: TMBG: cdnow "genres" Message-ID: Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:45:01 -0500 (EST) You know, I always kinda thought Crash Test Dummies sounded like Them. Just thought I'd share that with you! The Moog ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9703131810.AA05955@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:55:07 -0500 From: ntodd@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu (Nathan Todd) Subject: TMBG: PUSA/Conga Line >What I want to know is why the Presidents weren't listed. (: >They're most definitely in the same category as Them. >So much so, they opened for Them on the John Henry tour >here in Seattle, and the crowd loved them. (And yes, their >lyrics and even musical style is similar) I don't see it, I really don't. After I heard lump I went out and bought their little cd and was amazed at how boring and lackluster it was...I don't own the cd any more, and haven't been much impressed by the new singles either. How are they similar to They? they are so much more obvious, thier musical content is soo much less interesting and original, thier wordplay can be interesting at times ('lump was limp and lonely and needed a shove, she slipped on a kiss and tumbled into love...') but never insightful or precise or cool as tmbg's. However, because tmbg and the presidents are *both* so often considered joke bands by the general music scene, I am surprised that the presidents weren't listed with Them on the page, I personally wouldn't compare them to Them and I surely wouldn't recommend them to anyone (but recommend Them to everyone), but I'd expect a cd company to put them together *long* before they put Them with Beck (who, by the way is so much better than those damn presidents...). Oh well, my rave stops here :) And a little tmbg content: Back when I saw TMBG for the first time in burlington, vt Feb 12th (i think) 1994, our conga line was like 5 rows deep in the front where I was...people seemed to be more into it than worrying about losing their posistion...although there really were too many people there to do any kind of effective conga line :) It was fun anyway, though. Nathan Todd a.k.a. Tenman *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~www.emba.uvm.edu/~ntodd~~~~> An individualist is a man who says: "I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule or be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself." -- Ayn Rand, "Textbook of Americanism" ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:29:18 -0600 (CST) From: beelersj@SLU.EDU Subject: TMBG: conga line Message-id: I'm on digest, so I can't quote the message, but someone wanted to know whether there were any conga lines between Dec. 94 and Nov. 96. There was a very large conga line at the March 17, 1995 show in Kirksville, MO. (It was in a gym, so there was a lot of room to move around.) Which reminds me, was anyone from the list at that show? If so, please e-mail me, if you wouldn't mind answering a question about it. Sara ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: tmbg & michael moore Date: Thu, 13 Mar 97 11:03:00 P Message-Id: <33285304@msmail.bham.wednet.edu> ok. i heard that tmbg and michael moore, (one of the best film makers in the world), have been getting together alot, and might be making a joint effort movie. actually not tmbg but flans atleast. wouldn't that be great, a michaelmoore/flans production!? i love michael moore's voice! i think that they should put his voice in one of their songs. anyway chow for now brenden - nednerb AKA - The Hypnotist of LAdies ~in alliance w/ the vigilant philbuster~ misuser of verbs ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:21:44 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703131921.LAA23043@f9.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: TMBG: Some TMBG, Some not so TMBG... Greetings, listies... It's Thursday, March 13,1997, 13:06. I have another sinus infection and I'm likely to be a little bitchy, so I apologize in advance. To the TMBG content...I saw the rerun of TMBG on Sanders...:D They look so ....different on TV. Real young. Linnell was so...er... energetic...they were the highlight of the show, even though we saw them for less than a minute:P. My mom watched with me, even though she's not into Sanders or TMBG. She actually liked them! Not exactly a convert, but there's hope;)... The Not so TMBG Stuff... SAINT ANA THE SUAVE PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS.... the May/June issue of MouseWorld, that wacky little zine of TMBG love! Okay...I'm just working on it. If anyone wants to contribute a story, poem, cartoon, review, whatever, email me at blooey@hotmail.com and we'll ste something up. There are a lot of talented writers and creative people out there in list-land and I'd be honored to include you in my zine.If you reply to this request ,please mail me PRIVATELY. Ok. Now I'll leave you alone. Anastasia "But happiness can't see that love is sad" Hunt Editrix of the Zine that will rule the world after getting rid of Dogbert, MouseWorld Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ###################################################### "I've been leaving on my things, so in the morning when the morningbird sings there's still dinner on my dinner jacket till the dinner bell rings":)TMBG Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:37:41 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970313143741_-1874403062@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: NON TMBG: BFF For all of you on right now: 2:30 Watch M2 for BFF's new video!!!! If you get this message after 2:30 on Thursday... disregard Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:46:41 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: Explain something Message-ID: Hey... does being on the GUEST LIST at a TMBG concert mean that it will be free? I assume someone here will know. . . * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970313144201.007e9620@mail.ee.net> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:42:01 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Funny.... People who say They might Be Giants are Funny must have something wrong with their sense of humor... Particle Man, for instance, when considered as a novelty-type song ISN'T VERY FUNNY!! "IN Heaven There Is No Beer" is funny, Particle Man is not funny. Man, They Might Be Giants are one sorry excuse for a comedy band.... -ec -- Evan Chakroff The Internet Mystery Spot http://spot.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:50:08 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970313145005_-1907638502@emout18.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: TOTALLY NONTMBG - TOTALLY PERE UBU In a message dated 97-03-13 13:01:59 EST, gonzalez@vitaliy.harvard.edu wrote: << dada-esque >> DOES THIS REFER TO THE MUSIC GROUP "DaDa"?? I LOVE THEM!!!! I especially like their song about Disneyland... My friend bought the last album in the store so I didn't get it... would love to though EVREYBODY CHECK THEM OUT!!!!! /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ < Miscellaneous Tim > < AKA > < TMB(do)G > <"I'm a picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool"- The Odds > < "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" > < -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG > < "...we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. > < Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell > < 50 Fun Things to Do in an Elevator > <48. Wear "X-Ray Specs" and leer suggestively at other passengers.> < "...and if it all turned out the way we knew it wouldn't" > < -The Connells > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ P.S. Two posts in 20 min. BFF Vid just ended.. HOPE YOU ALL WERE WATCHING!!! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:58:49 +0000 (GMT) From: D Robertson Subject: Re: TMBG: Explain something Message-ID: Egad a base tone... On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Tom Hare wrote: > Hey... does being on the GUEST LIST at a TMBG concert mean that it will > be free? I assume someone here will know. . . In general getting on the guest list means it'll be free, I can't be specific but I know this for a fact after a friend of mine got put on the guest list for a jazz concert after we had already bought tickets for it so were ever so slightly pissed off. _______________________________________________________________________________ Douglas Robertson "No man can have a higher moral duty than to Derwent College stand for parliament against David Mellor" University of York Dominic Lawson Heslington York FLUMCAKE ON-LINE: Makes the fakeness realistic YO1 5DD http://www.york.ac.uk/~dr109/flumcake ...denotes a bad age _______________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <332877F8.43E2@swbell.net> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 13:56:08 -0800 From: Bucky McDoogal Organization: Sweaty Flannel Int'l Corp Subject: TMBG: the Mighty Martyr I am proud to be one of the only TMBG fans in a 100 mile radius. So of course last night I wore my prized and only TMBG shirt to the Reel Big Fish and Blue Meanies show. Well, early in the Blue Meanies set, the lead singer cut his finger on a beer bottle and, well, pretty much bled uncontrollably throughout the show. Can any of you see where this is going? Well, I ventured through the pit to the front of the stage and what was my reward? Yes, flying blood. On my TMBG shirt. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! So, out of your collective pity, I am establishing a relief fund, or possibly a suitalbe transplant can be found before it's too late. I'm type O. (right handed, too, to continue an ancient, pointless thread) Help! love, josh ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:10:09 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970313150954_1550470960@emout17.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: SWAHD sing|e question I PROMISE!! THIS IS MY LAST POST THIS HALF-HOUR!!!! I wrote yesterday about buying the SWAHD single... but I already have Miscellaneous T... is the single worth buying? /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ < Miscellaneous Tim > < AKA > < TMB(do)G > <"I'm a picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool"- The Odds > < "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" > < -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG > < "...we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. > < Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell > < 50 Fun Things to Do in an Elevator > <50. If anyone brushes against you, recoil and holler "Bad Touch!"> < "...and if it all turned out the way we knew it wouldn't" > < -The Connells > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:29:57 -0500 (EST) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: Re: TMBG: TOTALLY NONTMBG - TOTALLY PERE UBU Message-ID: > > << dada-esque >> > > DOES THIS REFER TO THE MUSIC GROUP "DaDa"?? I LOVE THEM!!!! I especially > like their song about Disneyland... My friend bought the last album in the > store so I didn't get it... would love to though EVREYBODY CHECK THEM > OUT!!!!! I have a feelling that both the dada-esque thing adn the name of the band are referring to dada poetry. It was born in Europe and basically got here in teh form of beatniks. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong on this one. > > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ > < Miscellaneous Tim > > > < AKA > > > < TMB(do)G > > > <"I'm a picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool"- The Odds > > < "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" > > < -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG > > > < "...we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. > > < Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell > > < 50 Fun Things to Do in an Elevator > > <48. Wear "X-Ray Specs" and leer suggestively at other passengers.> > < "...and if it all turned out the way we knew it wouldn't" > > < -The Connells > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ > > > P.S. Two posts in 20 min. BFF Vid just ended.. HOPE YOU ALL WERE WATCHING!!! > ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:30:41 -0800 >---------- >From: The One and Only[SMTP:mms@wolfenet.com] >Sent: Thursday, March 13, 1997 8:36 PM >To: 'Lani' N Olson; 'TMBG Mailing List' >Cc: McClusky, Jesse >Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review > > >| I have to admit I liked Brian's live performance much better than the CD, >| but it's still really good. I'm still going to buy the new one coming out >| sometime this summer. Yay! >| >Brian told us to search and search and search and search until we found the >new CD... so I've begun searching now. :) I'll give you all a hint where it'll probably show up first... http://www.bar-none.com/order.html His current CD is on there, as is a special 1989 $4 sampler cassette which includes Luka Bloom, Freedy Johnston, and TMBG!!! (: >| They told someone offstage "Be ready to hit the stop button. This may >| crash right from the top." Linnell: "What key is this in?" Flans: "I >| think it's in C now." Linnell plays a chord. Both nod with slightly >| relieved grins. >| >And throughout that whole section Linnell kept leaning into the PA and >concentrating really hard, and they switched the PA on the left hand side >of the stage, so I think they were having a tough time hearing it to play >along. Yet they still did beautifully. Well, they didn't have his accordion miked very well. You could barely hear it. *sniff* >Which leads me to a question: I've seen TMBG twice live. The first time I >saw them the stage set-up was: > >Graham on Bass ............ Flansy.................. Linnell > >This time the set-up was: > >Flansy................. Linnell.................. Graham. > >Was it venue? Tour? Just a change of pace? I'd guess the Venue. Anyone else wanna comment? Have they done this setup at every stop? >I think I like the first set-up better... but that's probably just because >then Flansburgh is at the center of it all, and he's my favorite. :) I like the first setup better too, but just because Linnell tends to be more withdrawn, Flansburgh a bit more bold, and, well, the others aren't named John. (: >Whatever.... >Michelle Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:37:45 -0800 >---------- >From: The One and Only[SMTP:mms@wolfenet.com] >Sent: Thursday, March 13, 1997 8:58 PM >To: McClusky, Jesse; 'TMBG Mailing List'; ''Lani' N Olson' >Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review > >They also joked about how cheap it smelled, "like it was shipped in from >some foreign country? What's with that?" And after John made that comment >the smell dissappeared (or at least I didn't notice it anymore during the >show) Actually, I didn't even notice it at all until the moment we got outside. >| >I did run back in and buy the CD after I accidentally left without it. >| >There was this guy just standing off to the side that I didn't really >| >notice until he stepped in front of me and I almost slammed into him. >| >"OH, sorry, I just want to buy one of those CDs." "Were you at the show >| >tonight? Can I see your stamp?" So I showed him the "I grew hemp" stamp >| >on my wrist and he reluctantly let me back in. >| >| Kool! I'll have to borrow it from you sometime. (: > >ME TOO! ME TOO! Actually, I'm ordering it from Bar-None. $12 + $1.50 S/H. (: >So, are us Seattleites starting to annoy everyone with all our obnoxious >posts yet? I highly recommend the pre-show bonding experience! Me too. Get to know people you've never met in your area. Have a meal. Snort some sweet-and-sour sauce. Take a fish shower. Chant "I am not your broom!" while marching arm-in-arm down the street. Or not. (: >Michelle Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:44:27 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: TMBG: TMBG Live this morning I recorded They on the Alex Bennett show this morning and have put part of it on my web site at http://www.pinknoiz.com/tmbg/broom8.wav (1 Mb) and http://www.pinknoiz.com/tmbg/sexxy8.wav (over 3 Mb) or you can look at some AKA related graphics at http://www.pinknoiz.com/soteric/tmbg.html and then get the WAVs. SEXXY has Linnell playing accordian in the place of the guitar solo - pretty neat. They also did We're the Replacements and I Can Hear You. I'll digitize the rest of it later. If there's a technical problem, well, I'll have to deal with it tomorrow 'cause I'm heading out, to eventually see Them in Palo Alto tonight. ----- >Just got home from the Seattle show! Yay! They were pretending to be >Creedence Clearwater Revival tonight. Trivia note: I frequently drive by the Duck Kee market, which is featured on one of CCR's album covers. I noticed that next to it now is the Clearwater self-service laundry. -Bob Gonsalves ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970313204447.0067add8@cs.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:44:47 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: SWAHD sing|e question At 03:10 PM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote: >I PROMISE!! THIS IS MY LAST POST THIS HALF-HOUR!!!! >I wrote yesterday about buying the SWAHD single... but I already have >Miscellaneous T... is the single worth buying? Well, that depends on how obsessive you are. :> There's nothing on the single that you don't have already, but I like to get the older EPs just to pad my TMBG collection. It's always fun whenever someone asks what TMBG CDs I have and I pull out a gigantic stack... :> TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Dewan Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:47:42 -0800 >---------- >From: 'Lani' N Olson[SMTP:lanio@u.washington.edu] >Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 1997 8:06 PM >To: 'TMBG Mailing List' >Subject: RE: TMBG: Dewan > >On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, seKretlY caucASIAN wrote: > >> something at www.bar-none.com/bios/brianbio.html > >Ooo! I just checked this out and it says "Dewan also crafts unique >furniture in his shop and his elaborate pieces grace some of New York's >finest homes" I want some Dewan furniture! Someone buy me some Dewan >furniture! You should've tracked him down after the concert and made him promise to make you some. (: > -Lani O:) (Obviously not recovered from the concert yet) >lanio@u.washington.edu Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:49:52 -0800 >---------- >From: 'Lani' N Olson[SMTP:lanio@u.washington.edu] >Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 1997 8:22 PM >To: The One and Only >Cc: McClusky, Jesse; 'TMBG Mailing List' >Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review > >On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, The One and Only wrote: > >> | Kool! I'll have to borrow it from you sometime. (: >> >> ME TOO! ME TOO! > >The CD or the hemp? Um, the CD. >> So, are us Seattleites starting to annoy everyone with all our obnoxious >> posts yet? I highly recommend the pre-show bonding experience! > >Never! We're not annoying. We're polite. Yeah! Flansburgh even said so 2 or 3 times! > -Lani O:) >lanio@u.washington.edu Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Dewan Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 13:00:09 -0800 >---------- >From: Lawrence P Solomon[SMTP:lps+@andrew.cmu.edu] >Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 1997 9:08 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Cc: 'TMBG Mailing List' >Subject: Re: TMBG: Dewan > >Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 12-Mar-97 RE: TMBG: Dewan by seKretlY >caucASIAN@sdcc1 >> just randomly looking through Lincoln, he apparently did the "cover art," >> so could he bave been the one to construct that, um, >> thing..with..men..and towers..and other objects that elude description? >> though what further connections i have no idea, but it seems there's >> something at www.bar-none.com/bios/brianbio.html > >He shares/shared an apartment with John Linnell. I'm assuming they knew >each other before, though... Ah-HAH! This was what I was looking for! (: > His "claim to fame" for the few people in >the world who recognize his name (i.e. TMBG fans) is the electric >zither. He built it out of parts of other instruments - I think a >harpsichord and an electric guitar were involved. And it sounds really >neat. Very. It's also nifty to watch him play it. He can make it sound like a harp or dueling electric guitars. Man, that thing's kool! > Of course, I've only seen him play one song (Obedience School, on >the TMBG bootleg video Volume 2), and his CD is really hard to find - >although you can order it at Tower... His CD's fairly easy to find, actually. You can order it from http://www.bar-none.com/order.html (: Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:08:07 -0500 (EST) From: Dan McNevin Subject: RE: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review Message-ID: > >Flansy................. Linnell.................. Graham. everytime i've seen them it's always been flans on stage right, linnell on stage left, and then tony/graham in the middle, and then eric in between graham and flans when he was there... and i've seen then 5 times, it's it been that way every time... dan ___ dan mcnevin | danlin@underworld.net cold meat productions | danlin@pimpz.org www.underworld.net/~danlin | danlin@acquiesce.org i've got a world that swings... | danlin@the-beatles.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:12:06 -0600 (CST) From: ILOVEMARTHASTEWART Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg & michael moore Message-Id: On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Rensink, Brenden BHS wrote: > > ok. i heard that tmbg and michael moore, (one of the best film makers in > the world), have been getting together alot, and might be making a joint > effort movie. actually not tmbg but flans atleast. wouldn't that be great, > a michaelmoore/flans production!? i love michael moore's voice! i think > that they should put his voice in one of their songs. > i, too, am a huge michael moore fan, and think it would be wicked cool if they would collaborate on something...what have you heard that flans has been "getting together with them" on? he (michael moore) was here at KU last spring, and he talked about some future projects, but i'm sure tmbg wasn't mentioned -- i would have remembered...i'll keep my fingers crossed though! :) jillian ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703132144.PAA10930@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg & michael moore Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:35:43 -0600 Our pal: Rensink, Brenden BHS wrote.. > ok. i heard that tmbg and michael moore, (one of the best film makers in > the world), have been getting together alot, and might be making a joint > effort movie. actually not tmbg but flans atleast. wouldn't that be great, > a michaelmoore/flans production!? i love michael moore's voice! i think > that they should put his voice in one of their songs. > I'm no opinion Joe on the voice in a song idea, but there HAS to be some explosive creativity in a project like that! Michael Moore (could persuade me to go to war, i believe) summed up America best in the Episode of TVNation where you see him standing in a field with a chilidog and a Big Gulp, with about a hundred re-emactmentors of the Civil War fighting and dying all around him! I loved it! Throw in the Flans with that superb mind, and ANYTHING could happen! Of course, if They and Michael joined up with Douglas Adams... well, I'd just have to throw my body off a building, because that would be heaven! BTW, to anybody out there in the massive missive.. Has there been anymore They references on the ESPN? Mike "I'll show you! I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!" Leffel ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:37:39 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970313163520_1881588645@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions (And Duh!) Duh. I can't belelive I forgot to put the addy of my page there. Duh!!! Argh! It's http://members.aol.com/kamesennin/tmbg.htm (note the lack of the "~") I will probably leave the three songs that are up there now there for a long time, and will continue to add more as I get the chance to record them. Duh! -Kamesennin ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions (And More!) Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:42:03 -0800 >---------- >From: wglodell@baraboo.com[SMTP:wglodell@baraboo.com] >Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 1997 7:50 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions (And More!) > >Ok, he forgoot to mention his homepage adress, which i found, quite easily >(it was obvious) anyway, find the unrelesed songs here: > http://members.aol.com/~Kamesennin/tmbg.htm > >have fun. > > i hope obody already posted this. If they did, i hant gottin it >within the last 30 seconds. bye > > -Wyatt Only one problem: The firewall here does NOT allow RealAudio to pass. I've tried. Over and over. Could you also post them in WAV format too, please? Thanks!!! Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Seattle show Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:14:56 -0800 >---------- >From: Dan McNevin[SMTP:danlin@underworld.net] >Sent: Thursday, March 13, 1997 6:31 AM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle show > >... on a side note, during spy linnell not only pointed to the >audience to scream 'spy', but pointed to the main floor and the balcony >seperately.. and also, when he does this, do you notice some people just >scream, don't they know to scream spy? Actually, last Monday night here in Seattle, when Flansburgh started it, he told us all to go "Aaaaaaaauauauuuauauaaaahhh", not "spy". (: Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: cdnow "genres" Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:18:52 -0800 >---------- >From: TheMoog![SMTP:c9668395@wlv.ac.uk] >Sent: Thursday, March 13, 1997 2:45 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: cdnow "genres" > > >You know, I always kinda thought Crash Test Dummies sounded like Them. > >Just thought I'd share that with you! > >The Moog They do, kinda. Not quite as original in their music styles though. Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: TMBG: Cards (short FYI) Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:27:36 -0800 Just so you know, for those of you who have looked at the cards page recently ( http://www.weblink.org/weblink/tmbg/ ) or have tried to email me at my thought@weblink.org instead of this one.... There's been a bit of a mix-up with my provider, which will be fixed within the next day or so. I'll keep you all updated as to when I update again (and when to resend letters) Sorry about that. Jesse ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 13 Mar 97 17:31 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg & michael moore >ok. i heard that tmbg and michael moore, (one of the best film makers in >the world), have been getting together alot, and might be making a joint >effort movie. actually not tmbg but flans atleast. Oh my god! That is *so* cool! I love Michael Moore. "Roger and Me," "TV Nation".... This man is a god. And he's from Michigan! Flans and Michael Moore. Cool.. Kirsten (Double Prizes! Alright!) -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703132234.AA09852@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: MD tour dates Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:34:08 -0500 (EST) Hmmmmmmm, something concerns me. No longer is the 4/18 Western Maryland tour date on tmbg.com. But, now I hear that they might play at Bohager's in Baltimore on 4/19. Could the Bohager's gig (if indeed there is one) be replacing the Western MD show? It'd be better in Baltimore anyway, that's for sure, but it would be great if there were 2 shows. I guess we shall see... Matt -- upcoming concerts: James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster, MD 4/18 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:36:06 -0800 (PST) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: RE: TMBG: Seattle show Message-ID: On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, McClusky, Jesse wrote: > >... on a side note, during spy linnell not only pointed to the > >audience to scream 'spy', but pointed to the main floor and the balcony > >seperately.. and also, when he does this, do you notice some people just > >scream, don't they know to scream spy? > > Actually, last Monday night here in Seattle, when Flansburgh started it, > he told us all to go "Aaaaaaaauauauuuauauaaaahhh", not "spy". (: And the whole time I was thinking, "why isn't he telling us to say SPY?!?!" It's funner and sounds better when we're all yelling "SPY!" instead of "Aaaaaaaauauauuuauauaaaahhh" over and over again. Oh well. :) -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu _______________________________________________________________ I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I carry that bucket with pride -Junior Brown --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 13 Mar 97 17:36 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: the Mighty Martyr Well, early in the Blue Meanies set, the >lead singer cut his finger on a beer bottle and, well, pretty much bled >uncontrollably throughout the show. Can any of you see where this is >going? Well, I ventured through the pit to the front of the stage and >what was my reward? Yes, flying blood. On my TMBG shirt. EWWWWWW!!!! That is so GROSS!!! Sorry, spontaneous and completely uncontrollable gross-out. Sorry about the shirt - I got ink on my Hayseeds Johns shirt, but it's not really noticeable 'cause it's in the middle of some of the hay. Kirsten ps - Blue Meanies is an awesome name for a band. I have a paper mache Blue Meanie in my room... -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970313174232.008d63b0@mail.vt.edu> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:42:33 +0500 From: Patrick Savage Subject: TMBG: MP3 Adam Tyner wrote: >>Help the naive girl.... What's an "mp3"? :} > >It's a type of MPEG audio file. Although I've never listened to any myself, >I hear they're really high quality and the file sizes aren't too large. Yeah, what he said. :) Basicly you get CD quality in an itty bitty file (a two minute song is about 2MB). Making them can be kinda difficult, but I've made one so far (the House of Mayors track) and it turned out quite well I think. More new stuff added...check it out: ftp://198.82.89.54 Also, for anyone who had problems connecting with MSIE, I've fixed the problem...sorry 'bout that. -- Pat psavage@vt.edu ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:00:02 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Non-TMBG: Dada Message-ID: On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Elitza Nicolaou wrote: > > > > << dada-esque >> > > > > DOES THIS REFER TO THE MUSIC GROUP "DaDa"?? I LOVE THEM!!!! I especially > > I have a feelling that both the dada-esque thing adn the name of the band > are referring to dada poetry. It was born in Europe and basically got here > Well...kinda. But I think the movement started with dada art, which is a kind of absurd mixture of stuff that one would normally not consider art. Like bicycle wheels stuck to a stool, that kind of thing. I think its part of the absurdism movement (Like "Waiting for Godot" and the like)...I could be wrong though. Ask me anything about Romanesque and Gothic art, though...and whoa nelly... _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "Ohmigod, the dead have risen and are voting Republican!" \\ -Bart, "The Simpsons" TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:05:33 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970313180425_108270774@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: B-52's, Presidents, Sportscenter, dickens >The above must be a comment borne of ignorance. I won't >defend BAD, but if you are a serious fan of music and >appreciate the depth and growth of They Might Be Giants and >DON'T understand the debt they owe bands like the B-52's, you >need to be catching up on some back catalogs, not posting >broad statements like this. I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean here, but it sounds to me like you're saying: "If you don't like the B-52's, you shouldn't listen to TMBG!" Now.... *I* am not fond of the B-52's either. But I'm not bashing them. C'mon, everyone has their own opinions, and saying stuff like this won't get you anywhere. But I hardly believe TMBG owes B-52's anything... >(And yes, their lyrics and even musical style is similar) (re: presidents) Really? Huh... ::sarah ponders this one:: Hmm.. Well... Actually, I think their music is more along the lines of Mono Puff than TMBG. >just a personal note, i think sportscenter is quite possibly >the best show on television Then you haven't watched Kids in the Hall or Conan! :D >stuart scott is the bomb 'The bomb'. hrmmm... Being a bomb is a good thing? :) >Well.... I hate to even bring this up, but could it possibly be >that he got laid? I mean, yes marriage, yes all the rest, but >would it be too much of a shock to anybody if Linny married >as a virgin? Hrm, I dunno how to comment on this one . Um... I don't want to say it, but I'm sure he's already *done it* - at least with his gal (if not before he met her)..... sarah! :) linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html mstie #77216 ~ tmbger #45127 ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Explain something Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:11:18 -0800 >---------- >From: D Robertson[SMTP:dr109@york.ac.uk] >Sent: Thursday, March 13, 1997 11:58 AM >To: Tom Hare >Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: Explain something > >Egad a base tone... > > >On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Tom Hare wrote: > >> Hey... does being on the GUEST LIST at a TMBG concert mean that it will >> be free? I assume someone here will know. . . > >In general getting on the guest list means it'll be free, I can't be >specific but I know this for a fact after a friend of mine got put on the >guest list for a jazz concert after we had already bought tickets for it >so were ever so slightly pissed off. Specifically, getting on a guest list means several things: 1) You get in while they're setting up. 2) You usually get access to the "back rooms", often where the performers (TMBG and Brian Dewan in this case) are relaxing and/or chatting before the show. 3) You get in free. Roadies are common examples of "who's on the guest list". Jesse ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:11:13 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970313181021_-936312385@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Brian Dewan, Spy live, Michael Moore On Brian Dewan's album, there's some accordian on at least one song (I forget which one). In the cd booklet it says nothing about him playing accordian-- my first thought was Linnell??!! >...some people just scream, don't they know to scream spy? Yeah, at the 2/21 show, I felt like I was the only one screaming spy. Everyone was going HEY HEY HEY and I was just like What? Michael Moore's the TV nation guy right? {:+] Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:59:46 -0500 (EST) From: Kelly Anne Mazzonne Subject: NON TMBG: Michael Moore Message-ID: On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 SquirlHead@aol.com wrote: > Michael Moore's the TV nation guy right? > > {:+] > Dan E. Boy > I don't know about that, but I do know that he did a movie about the Ford plant. My high school government teacher worked on it too. But does anyone remember or know the name of the movie. I know what it is, but I can't remember........slipped my mind.... Kelly (: ( no second "e" ) _______________________________________________________________________________ "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." -- Albert Einstien Kelly Mazzonne kmazzonn@umich.edu 1.313.764.4984 http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kmazzonn/ _______________________________________________________________________________ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970314000623.0067a680@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:06:23 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Brian Dewan, Spy live, Michael Moore At 06:11 PM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote: >Michael Moore's the TV nation guy right? Certainly is. :> TTYL, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:14:45 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: RE: TMBG: Explain something Message-ID: Yeah, ok thanks everbody. Also, on a second note: I Might Be Interviewing them when they get here... Does anyone have any ideas for questions that won't be too stupid and crap since I'm only 17 and doing it for a local TV/maybe nonexistent show? * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, McClusky, Jesse wrote: > >---------- > >From: D Robertson[SMTP:dr109@york.ac.uk] > >Sent: Thursday, March 13, 1997 11:58 AM > >To: Tom Hare > >Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > >Subject: Re: TMBG: Explain something > > > >Egad a base tone... > > > > > >On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Tom Hare wrote: > > > >> Hey... does being on the GUEST LIST at a TMBG concert mean that it will > >> be free? I assume someone here will know. . . > > > >In general getting on the guest list means it'll be free, I can't be > >specific but I know this for a fact after a friend of mine got put on the > >guest list for a jazz concert after we had already bought tickets for it > >so were ever so slightly pissed off. > > Specifically, getting on a guest list means several things: > > 1) You get in while they're setting up. > 2) You usually get access to the "back rooms", often where > the performers (TMBG and Brian Dewan in this case) are > relaxing and/or chatting before the show. > 3) You get in free. > > Roadies are common examples of "who's on the guest list". > > > Jesse > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970314002923.00679dec@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:29:23 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: RE: TMBG: Explain something At 07:14 PM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote: >Yeah, ok thanks everbody. Also, on a second note: >I Might Be Interviewing them when they get here... Does anyone have any >ideas for questions that won't be too stupid and crap since I'm only 17 >and doing it for a local TV/maybe nonexistent show? Well...here are a couple of ideas. You might want to ask about any upcoming releases (singles, videos, LPs, etc.), how They like married life, if there are any plans for another live CD, and if they know about the tribute album. Hope this helps, -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970313193745.007df380@mail.ee.net> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:37:45 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: NON-TMBG: Michael Moore / TV Nation >I don't know about that, but I do know that he did a movie about the Ford >plant. My high school government teacher worked on it too. But does >anyone remember or know the name of the movie. I know what it is, but I >can't remember........slipped my mind.... Michael Moore made the movie "Roger and Me" (which was about Michael Moore bugging the hell out of General Motors Chairman Roger B. Smith) and the show "TV Nation" TV Nation was given the distinct honor of beign cancelled by *three* networks. Only a few select shows have recieved this honor. (The only other, to my knowledge was "The Critic" starring Jon Lovitz) If you want to learn more about this subject go to http://www.spe.sony.com/Pictures/tv/tvnation/tvnation.html or your local library. This message was made possible by Evan Chakroff and Viewers Like You. (PS- Correct me if I'm wrong, but TV Nation was cancelled by NBC, ABC, and FOX, right? Or was it just NBC and FOX? The Critic was definately cancelled by all three.... I'm rambling...) ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 16:47:17 -0800 (PST) From: Alex Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Michael Moore / TV Nation Message-ID: Nope, the Critic was just on ABC and FOX before it was cancelled. Too bad, too-- it was mighty funny. Re-runs on Comedy Central! | alex@europa.com http://www.europa.com/~alex | |BarenakedLadies DannyElfman PetShopBoys Erasure 10,000Maniacs TMBG| ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970314005838.00675fbc@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:58:38 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Michael Moore / TV Nation At 07:37 PM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote: > >This message was made possible by Evan Chakroff and Viewers Like You. >(PS- Correct me if I'm wrong, but TV Nation was cancelled by NBC, ABC, and >FOX, right? Or was it just NBC and FOX? The Critic was definately cancelled >by all three.... I'm rambling...) I believe it was just NBC and FOX (well, in the USA anyway...IIRC, there are new episodes airing/aired over in England). BTW, has Comedy Central started airing the edited TV Nation reruns? Or have they already taken 'em off? :P -Adam Tyner /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 13 Mar 97 20:18 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Michael Moore >I don't know about that, but I do know that he did a movie about the Ford >plant. My high school government teacher worked on it too. But does >anyone remember or know the name of the movie. "Roger and Me." It was about the GM plant, to be exact. Great flick. Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ From: SuperD149@aol.com Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 20:38:00 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970313203759_1183541545@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Live in NY CD Can someon please help me get the live in NY CD. I'll pay for whatever it costs and will even give you two bootlegs of your choice. Please E-mail me if you can help me. David ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:03:20 -0500 (EST) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Michael Moore / TV Nation Message-ID: > I believe it was just NBC and FOX (well, in the USA anyway...IIRC, there are > new episodes airing/aired over in England). BTW, has Comedy Central started > airing the edited TV Nation reruns? Or have they already taken 'em off? :P > YES!!!!!!! CC has finally gotten some sense into their brains and is running Critic, TV Nation reruns, PLUS tw episodes a week of the Brit sitcom Fawlty Towers (starring John Cleese- great show!) But personally, my favorite time on CC is when they show the heavily edited TV version of Rocky Horror. :) > -Adam Tyner > /----=========================================----\ > http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ > The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! > ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "The One and Only" Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle show Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 20:23:39 PST And to think, the conga line came so close to where Jesse and Lani were standing that Jesse could have reached out and thwaped the conga-ers upside the head with his broom. :) ---------- | On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, McClusky, Jesse wrote: | | > I think the problem this time was that there was 1) no room (the | > place did eventually get pretty packed) and 2) it's Seattle (I doubt | > even 1 in 100 people there knew the word "conga") (: | | Actually, I heard there *was* at least some sort of a conga line somewhere | in the room. Amy, who had to wriggle her way out to get some air, said | she kind of followed the line to get back towards our group. | | Someone in the club tonight has made a conga line | | -Lani O:) | lanio@u.washington.edu | _______________________________________________________________ | I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I carry that bucket with pride | -Junior Brown | --------------------------------------------------------------- | | | ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "The One and Only" Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 20:26:46 PST | >> So, are us Seattleites starting to annoy everyone with all our obnoxious | >> posts yet? I highly recommend the pre-show bonding experience! | > | >Never! We're not annoying. We're polite. | | Yeah! Flansburgh even said so 2 or 3 times! | But he was being sorta ironic about it... don'tcha think? They ended one song rather abruptly, and it took everyone a second or two to realize that the song was over and now was an appropriate time to applaud. The first time this happened Flansburgh commented on how polite we all were. The second time a song ended abruptly like that you could almost feel the tension in the club as everyone rushed to begin applauding. SO, if you go see TMBG in concert just applaud through the whole darn show, so as not to upset the Johns. Michelle ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "The One and Only" Subject: TMBG: Crash Test Dummies vs. The Presidents of the United States of America Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 20:42:17 PST I read the Presidents thread first, and was going to reply that both band did covers of the song "Video Killed the Radio Star", but that's Ben Folds Five, not They Might Be Giants. I don't know that I would classify Presidents and TMBG as similar, but I think they have a big overlap in their fan base. Although I own music by both bands, I turn to them at different times, and don't think I've ever had both in the CD Changer at the same time. ON THE OTHER HAND: I think TMBG and CTD work EXTREMELY well together. So well, in fact, that I've had a mix of the 2 in the changer for the past 2 + weeks, and I haven't gotten completely sick of it yet. I also think they are both vastly entertaining shows to go see, and that the members of the band are not just good musicians, but intelligent and witty as well. "I have always seen twenty-four as a charmed year. It was the year I lost my sense of being young -- but that's another story. It's reassuring to see people deal with being twenty-four better than the way we dealt with it, which is never too well." -- Douglas Coupland "The German Reporter" As for originality in their musical styles, I think they are equally original. Let's compare the two: TMBG CTD "Average" Band ------- ------ ---------------- Accordian Mandolin Guitar Harmonica Theremin Wittily Written Thematic Songs Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n' Roll Songs obsessing on God and Death The 2 John's The Roberts Brothers Beavis and Butthead Funny Banter in Funny Banter in "We Wanna' Rock!" concert conert I'm in love with I'm in love with um... yeah... whatever Flansburgh Benjamin There could be more, but I'm sure you're already sick of this... let's just say the 2 bands are both on my top 10 list of favorites, and both consistently make it onto the Top 5 (although neither one has quite yet earned a permanent spot) Michelle ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 13 Mar 97 22:52 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Seattle Concert Review >SO, if you go see TMBG in concert just applaud through the whole darn show, >so as not to upset the Johns. When I saw Them, I pretty much screamed nonstop. But that was mostly to show the Hootie fans that I was *not* there to see Hootie. :) Kirsten -- "This message had been rated Y-7 because it is a superhero action drama." Kirsten Brodbeck AKA Brodie AKA Crow kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu *TMBG*Sex Pistols*The Mommyheads*Simon & Garfunkel*Op Ivy*Pulp*The Muffs* ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 23:15:20 -0500 (EST) From: Phil Schwan Subject: TMBG: "Alternative" Till My Head Falls Off interpretation Message-ID: Subject: Till My Head Falls Off...Interp? Newsgroups: alt.music.tmbg Organization: off.net Summary: New TMHFO interp.... Keywords: LSD tmbg interp I was going to post this to the newsgroup, but my newsfeed is being naughty again. This is not, actually, my interpretation (it's my brothers, another major fan) but the more and more I think about it, the more I am agreeing: Alright, I've heard this song a few times, and the more attention I pay to the lyrics, the greater the impression becomes that the song has *got* to be about acid/LSD.... Granted, that's not the official TMBG explanation, but I thought I'd throw this interp to the group and find out. --- There were 87 Advil in the bottle now there's 30 left I ate 47 so what happened to the other 10? --- flaky here at first... could this be a reference to initial consumption? (someone eats nearly a half sheet, maybe more (other 10 strip?), you'd certainly find the brain going haywire if you did...) --- Why do you suspiciously change the subject and break my concentration As I dump the bottle out and I count the Advil up again? Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself --- The brain begins to short circuit itself and fail in many important respects, not a good thing if you're attempting to concentrate and figure out what the hell is going on ("Man, I'm falling apart!" "So? Enjoy falling apart, you don't get to do it that often...") Easily, someone could fail to finish a thought under acid's influence... --- And I'm not done And I won't be till my head falls off --- Ever tripped? It can run you for a loop... one second, the shit seems to have worn off, and then, BAM, it comes back for a second pass, or a 3rd, or quite a few more.... it may well feel like it'll last until your head falls off.... --- Hitting every pocket on my shirt, pants and overcoat And I'm hitting them again but I don't know where I put my notes --- alright. flaky here. searching for the missing 10 flat foil brownies that you lost above? easily could be, those things have a weird tendancy to slip away... --- Clearing my throat, and gripping the lectern I smile and face my audience Clearing his throat and smiling with his hands on the bathroom sink --- alright... standing there in the bathroom, checking pupils, or something... instantly, the scene gets all melty, and he sees a man, through the mirror with his own face, he clears his throat, and the sink in the mirror melts into a lectern, until he looks down and discovers that he's still standing where he was. --- And when I lean my head against the frosted shower stall I see stuff through the glass that I don't recognize at all --- patterns in the frosting? in the steam? this is a pretty clear interp. for referring to hallucinogens. well, that concludes the original lyrics... it seems plausible to *me*, anyways... * --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sex is like air -- it doesn't matter unless you're not getting any. Necrophilia means never having to say, "I'm sorry." 'The ultimate seal on any software product is not any sort of kite mark or standards conformance certificate, it's that label that says, "Destruction tested by Alan Cox.... Survived."' -- Clive Dolphin (3Com PDD) ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 01:56:06 -0500 From: Daniel or Monica Carpio Subject: TMBG: F'd up tour dates Hi, i'm Danny from Miami & I would like to know whether one of you list people got an accurate tour schedule for They, I looked at the one on tmbg.com but they've switched it around at least 3 times and during one of those the Miami date was pushed up to March. Now I look and it's back to the original (long gone date) if you've read this far I really hope you can help me out on this. Peace & hair grease * -------------------------------- Got Cess? ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-73 *****************************