Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-79 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 79 Thursday, 20 March 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: Reviews... TMBG: My TMBG Story - Part 1a TMBG: My TMBG Story - Erratum TMBG: OMLT Hoopla and Machiavellian Cheese. Re: TMBG: My TMBG Story - Part 1a TMBG: TMBG Singles Wanted TMBG: Edge, getting used to albums, OMLT TMBG: "Freak magnet" quote Re: TMBG: Edge, getting used to albums, OMLT TMBG: "Freak magnet" quote TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! RE: TMBG: Other Edge show notes Re: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! Re: TMBG: "Freak magnet" quote RE: TMBG: THEN RE: NON-TMBG: depression music / survey update TMBG: TMBG in Philadelphia! =) Re: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! Re: TMBG: British Bands (non-TMBG) NONTMBG: OMLTs ad nauseum Re: TMBG: "Freak magnet" quote TMBG: Viruses / Virii Re: TMBG: My TMBG Story RE: TMBG: THEN TMBG: College of NJ Re: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! Re: NONTMBG: OMLTs ad nauseum Re: NONTMBG: OMLTs ad nauseum TMBG: Random TMBG/PUFF relatedness.. TMBG: Mid-east shows TMBG: Video Compilation 1 Non-ish-TMBG: Russ Josephson, please! TMBG: karen, graham, order of hearing cd's, Conan TMBG: Video Comp. 2? [Fwd: Re: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!!] TMBG: Emotions/Bands Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970319110315.00a000d0@mail.healey.com.au> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 21:03:15 +1000 From: Very Fruity Indeed Subject: TMBG: Reviews... So, where are all the other Australian gig reviews? Surely more people than Royce went from here!!! What sort of set are they playing? Ah well... Can't wait till Saturday and Sunday... BYE!!! Ad. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & See Ironside & & "...the 17th best band in the world" & & Sun 23rd of March 6pm & & Cat & Fiddle Hotel $5 & & 456 Darling Street Balmain & & with The Flat Earth (5pm) & &http://www.healey.com.au/~ad/ironside/& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ------------------------------ Date: 19 Mar 1997 10:03:42 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc344c$840af240$LocalHost@parvenu> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: My TMBG Story - Part 1a Hi gang, Well I had to go to work today (Wednesday) and was very tired. I fly out first thing in the morning so will just give you all a little more detail on the concert. We got to the venue around 8pm (doors open) and went in. I bought two shirts; the 2040 tour and the Oz tour shirt (looks like the tmbg.com on the front). Had a couple of beers and took position about ten rows back and to the left (there was a table for our drinks. The CD's they played were excellent, I loved every song. Around 930 the openers came out "The Simpletons" who were well appreciated (they even had an accordion). Their set went about 45mins, with the next 20 or so minutes used to set up They. The concert started with what I believe to be critic intro, although it wasn't in the setlist. Well, here it is with my comments: TMBG - The Roxy Brisbane 18 Mar 97 NYC Was the lyric "Empire State where Dylan lived"? They sang King-Kong RHYTHM SPIDER/SEXXY OLDER [LOUD INTRO] ENSOR Linnell on accordion, not keyboard, which was a relief [CANNON] Didn't work, and They explained how difficult it was to transport overseas "How do you tell an airline that you want to take a cannon onboard" POLK Uncensored PET SPIRAL Superb song live SPY [FLANS -> LINNEL -> "BROOM"] Graham and Flans played the broom *#3/*32FTSTP SING PARTICLE There was a moshpit to this one XTC/EXQ With the puppets and Intellabeam lights REPLACE [CHUGGY] ACTUAL NO ONE/GTR Big mutha of a conga line I used this to move up near the front, made it to row2 Moshing a bit now, and a couple of floaters I CAN HR U TWIST TIL This I believe was Linnell's favourite ---------------- SHOE BIRD/DIG ---------------- LOST [SPOTS ON GRAHAM] ISTANBUL I was so pissed off that They closed with this. Ok, only 2 encores, not 3 like I previously reported. I really wanted to hear Ana, Statue, DLStart, End Tour, but was totally out of luck. The people I went with had fun, but weren't as impressed as I had hoped. Some had been to Their last concert here and thought that They were better then. I think the '95 setlist was better too . BTW, I mentioned Flans was grumpy and Linnell was happy. Please don't read into this that Linnell was sociable (although a couple of fans got upstairs and had beer with Them after the show). When he came out I pumped hands and congratulated him on his marriage, and I could hear him think "who the fuck is this guy and how does he know I am married". It caught him off-guard and I jumped at the chance. But I can certainly see how people say Linnell is anti-social (I think he really wanted to be anti-social to me, but like I said, I got him with his guard down). I don't think I am taking my computer, so my next post will be Monday night my time. BTW, Elitza, remember your little theory? You may be right :-) Cheers all -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Date: 19 Mar 1997 11:47:16 GMT From: "Royce M. Lee" Message-ID: <01bc345b$4fa653a0$LocalHost@parvenu> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: My TMBG Story - Erratum Hi gang, Oooops, I was tired, wasn't I. The concert last night was Tuesday, not Thursday, and I got home on Wednesday morning, not Friday morning. Musta been the wacky weed :-p Also, I am not doing any bootlegs, but by the end of the tour I should have two radio interviews, one tv appearance and one 3hr radio special. Please don't ask me for copies, I will send them to the appropriate people over there and they can distribute them to you all. My girlfriend now tells me that she didn't get the photo of me and Dan, so I may be looking for a new girlfriend (just kidding Fiona). Back again soon. -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@ozemail.com.au This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 07:53:17 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: OMLT Hoopla and Machiavellian Cheese. Message-ID: Actually, just OMLT Hoopla. As far as I know, I want an OMLT shirt, but I can't say I know either a: what's the design coordination (front & back, pocket & back, what?!) b: Whether the design will be updated before final printing C: Yeah. I love the skull with LIST on its head. That is a good pocket design, as long as it gets printed in the correct orientation (!!!) Sorry to be nitpicky, but I have had class with a bunch of T-shirt printers, and they NEVER print things right. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:25:02 -0500 (EST) From: Ellen Kao Subject: Re: TMBG: My TMBG Story - Part 1a Message-ID: > [CANNON] > Didn't work, and They explained how difficult it was to transport > overseas > "How do you tell an airline that you want to take a cannon onboard" Was this just dialogue or an actual song? > REPLACE [CHUGGY] What does Chuggy mean? My friend at work last summer was named her inanimate friends Chuggy. Ekao Ooo_o___OOo__oo_OoO_o_OO__oO_O___ooo Me, my thoughts are flower strewn, ocean storm, bayberry moon. I have got to leave to find my way. Watch the road and memorize this life that pass before my eyes. Nothing is going my way. -J.M.S. o__ooO__o_oOO__oo_o__OoO__ooO___ooOo ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703191543.AAA22573@mita1.cc.mita.keio.ac.jp> Subject: TMBG: TMBG Singles Wanted Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 00:43:37 +0900 From: NAOYUKI ISOGAI Hello There! I'm "NaoyuKing" in Japan, and this is my first post to this list. BTW, if anyone can get these THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS singles for me, either sell or trade, please email me. I Palindrome I [CD-5: 92.05 US Elektra (Warner) 66425-2] The Guitar [CD-5: 92.07 US Elektra (Warner) 66394-2 (digipak)] I'm waiting for a good reply... Cheers! ---- NaoyuKing, the faculty "I am a snake head of Economics, KEIO Univ. eating the head on the opposite side..." E-mail:b9400863@mita.cc.keio.ac.jp ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970319185429.006b7700@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:54:29 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: Edge, getting used to albums, OMLT >First, to Nicole: Were you the one at the Edge show wearing the black >"Silverchair" t-shirt, writing song titles furiously in a spiral notebook near >the bar toward the end of the fist set? I had a hunch that was you, and if it >was, I am totally embarrassed for not introducing myself. Um... no. I was wearing my prized The Man shirt (big happy purple guy from WDTSS? on the front, enormous lime-green "They Might Be Giants" on the back), and I was front'n'center (about ten feet from Linnell.) I was the one with the long hair that got in everyone's way. (sorry, all...) >ON a happier note---congrats on >the coffee cup. Why thank you. :) Let's see... since it's a genuine relic of the Church of the Johns, does that make my room a reliquary? > Maybe next time we'll all bring a pot for John before the >show, so he can share his coffee time with the rest of us. Yeah!! Man, wouldn't that rule? I'm sure he'd be happy to make the aquaintance of his insane 'net fans. :) (I can just see myself... "Excuse me, Mr. Linnell, but I am in love with your hair.") >It has been my experience that each album of Theirs has >taken a little while to get used to, a breaking in period, if you will. I've noticed the same phenomena. Each time I bought one of Their albums, my first reaction was "I don't like this. I'll return it tomorrow." Weirdly, almost against my will, I would get songs stuck in my head... I'd have to listen to it again... and again... and again... >> In case anyone cares, we shoes have designed a little OMLT surprise with the >> help of a sucker human. Visit www.foo.org/jon/listskull.jpg and see a >> possible design to be emblazoned upon the front pocket of the shirt. E-mail > >Ooo! I like. I like almost as much as the #13 lady design. :) Yah... I like, too! (Even though I've never seen the #13 lady design... could someone point me towards it?) Are we going to have the freak magnet quote? Please please please? --nicole the wonder nerd who is busily *not* studying for finals. *** "The smell of love is everywhere." --They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org nnicole@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:33:40 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: "Freak magnet" quote Message-ID: I am uneasy about this! I think this quote might give ah, um, the "wrong idea" to some people about the band or something... I also don't like being called a freak, mainly because everyone I know claims to be a "freak" when they're all really the same... * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 19 Mar 97 15:37 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Edge, getting used to albums, OMLT (I can just see myself... "Excuse >me, Mr. Linnell, but I am in love with your hair.") I had a revelation the other night. I've always really liked mi compadre Rocky's younger brother Randy's hair, and the other night I realized why: it looks a lot like Linnell's. :) Actually, Randy might look a bit like Linnell if you got him high on caffiene and squinted a little. Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9703192123.AA14850@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: "Freak magnet" quote Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 16:23:42 -0500 (EST) > I am uneasy about this! I think this quote might give ah, um, the "wrong > idea" to some people about the band or something... I also don't like > being called a freak, mainly because everyone I know claims to be a > "freak" when they're all really the same... > If this is referring to the shirt, like I think it is, then I agree 100%. It'd be kinda "uncool" to have a freak magnet quote or whatever on there, I just don't think it'd be a good idea. I think the back design and the little They skull is enough. Matt -- upcoming concerts: James-Royal Court Theater, Liverpool, England, 3/27 TMBG-Western MD College,Westminster, MD 4/18 TMBG-Bohager's Bar & Grill, Baltimore, MD 4/19 "No room for big hearts like her in this city"-Carlito's Way Member of the ARM since '96 (let's give 'em hell) * ------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt James polk@tmbg.org Matt.James.K.Polk@tmbg.org mjames@envy.loyola.edu Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America "Cracking toast, Gromit!" New, Official Bruce Campbell Gazette page: http://www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33305FC8.44CB@mixcom.com> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 15:51:04 -0600 From: Matt Mantsch Subject: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! This message is bieng sent around at GATEWAY so I'd take it seriously > Virus Alert! >----------------------- Please forward this message to all > personnel. >If anyone receives mail entitled; PENPAL GREETINGS! please >delete it WITHOUT reading it!! This is a warning for all >Internet users - there is a dangerous virus propagating >across the Internet through an e-mail message entitled >'PENPAL GREETINGS!". DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY MESSAGE >ENTITLED "PENPAL GREETINGS"!! This message appears to be a >friendly letter asking you if you are interested in a >penpal, but by the time you read this letter, it is too >late. The "trojan horse" virus will have already infected >the boot sector of your hard drive, destroying all of >the data present. It is a self-replicating virus, and >once the message is read, it will AUTOMATICALLY forward >itself to anyone who's e-mail address is present in YOUR >mailbox! This virus will DESTROY your hard drive, and holds >the potential to DESTROY the hard drive of anyone whose mail >is in your in box, and who's mail is in their in box and so >on. If this virus keeps getting passed,it has the potential >to do a great deal of DAMAGE to computer networks >worldwide!!!! > >Please, delete the message entitled "PENPAL GREETINGS!" as >soon as you see it! And pass this message along to all of >your friends, relatives and the other readers of the >newsgroups and mailing lists which you are on so that they >are not hurt by this dangerous virus!!!! > >Please pass this along to everyone you know so this can be >stopped. >-- > >Regards, >Malcom Terry -- Merendino Cortese Merendino@thepentagon.com--www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sands/3072/ 25 Hours a day--6 Days a week --- " If the shoe fits... " (Tastey Cement Services) --- ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Other Edge show notes Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:03:16 -0800 >---------- >From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd[SMTP:ana.ng@tmbg.org] >Sent: Sunday, March 16, 1997 12:03 PM >To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Other Edge show notes > >A friend of mine, who works in theater lighting in his spare time, says that >those thingies have a special name (I forget what it is) and that they're >used because they're self-aiming. Or something like that. He also said >they're expensive, thus dashing our hopes of stealing a string or two to >complete our home decoration. So why couldn't you make up a strand yourself? It'd be fairly cheap. (: Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:08:20 -0500 (EST) From: Dane Woodall Subject: Re: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! Message-ID: I've gotton that message like 10 times already, looked at it everytime, deleted it everytime, and haven't gotton a virus yet. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Dane Woodall - woodalld@fn3.freenet.tlh.fl.us WWW: http://www.godby.leon.k12.fl.us/USERS/dwoodall/ =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Matt Mantsch wrote: > This message is bieng sent around at GATEWAY so I'd take it seriously > > > Virus Alert! > >----------------------- Please forward this message to all > > personnel. > >If anyone receives mail entitled; PENPAL GREETINGS! please > >delete it WITHOUT reading it!! This is a warning for all > >Internet users - there is a dangerous virus propagating > >across the Internet through an e-mail message entitled > >'PENPAL GREETINGS!". DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY MESSAGE > >ENTITLED "PENPAL GREETINGS"!! This message appears to be a > >friendly letter asking you if you are interested in a > >penpal, but by the time you read this letter, it is too > >late. The "trojan horse" virus will have already infected > >the boot sector of your hard drive, destroying all of > >the data present. It is a self-replicating virus, and > >once the message is read, it will AUTOMATICALLY forward > >itself to anyone who's e-mail address is present in YOUR > >mailbox! This virus will DESTROY your hard drive, and holds > >the potential to DESTROY the hard drive of anyone whose mail > >is in your in box, and who's mail is in their in box and so > >on. If this virus keeps getting passed,it has the potential > >to do a great deal of DAMAGE to computer networks > >worldwide!!!! > > > >Please, delete the message entitled "PENPAL GREETINGS!" as > >soon as you see it! And pass this message along to all of > >your friends, relatives and the other readers of the > >newsgroups and mailing lists which you are on so that they > >are not hurt by this dangerous virus!!!! > > >Please pass this along to everyone you know so this can be > >stopped. > >-- > > > >Regards, > >Malcom Terry > > -- > Merendino Cortese > Merendino@thepentagon.com--www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sands/3072/ > 25 Hours a day--6 Days a week > --- " If the shoe fits... " (Tastey Cement Services) --- > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33302C5F.398D@baka.com> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:11:43 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: Re: TMBG: "Freak magnet" quote > > > I am uneasy about this! I think this quote might give ah, um, the "wrong > > idea" to some people about the band or something... I also don't like > > being called a freak, mainly because everyone I know claims to be a > > "freak" when they're all really the same... > > > If this is referring to the shirt, like I think it is, then I agree > 100%. It'd be kinda "uncool" to have a freak magnet quote or whatever > on there, I just don't think it'd be a good idea. I think the back > design and the little They skull is enough. Ummmm, I don't know about the people you go to school/work with, but in my community, TMBG aren't all that "cool" to begin with, and t-shirts with web sites and e-mail adresses on them even less so. That, of course, won't stop me from wearing my list shirt proudly, but I don't think the reason of it being "uncool" is cause to not put the freak magnet quote on the shirt. Though I have to say whoever said that might give people the wrong idea about the band had a point. But hey, I take pride in my freakness. -- "This is still the greatest country in the world if we just steel our wills and lose our minds"-Bill Clinton Jonah, raising his freak flag higher and higher ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: THEN Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:25:19 -0800 >---------- >From: petery7@ozemail.com.au[SMTP:petery7@ozemail.com.au] >Sent: Monday, March 17, 1997 10:10 PM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: THEN > >I just pre-ordered Then from CDnow and was just wondering if US$27 (I think >that's what is was) is expensive for a double CD? The others I ordered were >only about US$14-17. Does anyone have any idea what exactly is on it? > >Peter Young It's VERY cheap for a double CD. CDs usually run $14-$19 each, retail. Double-CD's often run $35-40, but are sometimes as low as $30 or so. There are, of course, always exceptions. I believe the CDNow price is around $27 with shipping and handling, which I think is quite reasonable, considering it gets dropped off at your door. (: Jesse ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: NON-TMBG: depression music / survey update Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:25:27 -0800 >---------- >From: Bill Tatalovich[SMTP:wt3@cec.wustl.edu] >Sent: Monday, March 17, 1997 8:59 PM >To: Kirsten Brodbeck >Cc: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: Re: TMBG: depression music / survey update > > >> Sometimes, although often when I'm in a crappy mood I don't feel >> like listening to TMBG, partly because I couldn't enjoy it. [clip] > >I'm going to have to agree with Kirsten on this one. When I'm >depressed/down/sad/angry, I just don't feel like putting TMBG on. Maybe I >just wallow in self-pity (actually, I know I do...), but I always put on >the Cure or Joy Division or Moby (the current depression music of choice >in my book) when I'm down. I've always found Stabbing Westward to be good music for depression. Well, at least relationship-related depression. Jesse ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:26:49 -0400 (EDT) From: CORT Subject: TMBG: TMBG in Philadelphia! =) Message-id: <01IGP0LPM7NMDQHFTG@TIGER.UOFS.EDU> Hi TMBGer's! I haven't been around too much lately and (sad to say) I have not been able to keep up with the list as much as I would have liked to! Anyway, could someone please update me with some information about the TMBG show at St. Joseph's University in Philadelphia? I think the show's on the 24th of April, but that's all I know! =} Any information would be much appreciated, thanks bunches in advance! =) Have a They day! sun and smiles cortney http://academic.uofs.edu/student/ck8 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 14:38:35 -0800 (PST) From: "E. Fjellanger" Subject: Re: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! Message-ID: You can't get a virus by reading e-mail. The only way there is any danger is if you download the mail onto your computer. Eric Fjellanger That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else... ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:42:39 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970319174100_-1672613089@emout16.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: British Bands (non-TMBG) Who cares? ;:-? Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:05:38 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970319180409_-503307454@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: NONTMBG: OMLTs ad nauseum In a message dated 97-03-19 00:24:04 EST, Christi587@aol.com (AKA Christi's shoes) writes/wrote: >No, we will not marry you. We are shoes, for crying out loud. Darn! That just ruined my day! I have a mad obsession for relationships with shoes! The sex is great! Believe me! =) Ok, I know I should see a doctor, so I will! =) >Yes, the OMLT Goddess is recovering, Yeah! We should throw the Goddess a recovery party. I'll bring the chips. You won't see me though, I'll be in the closet with Christi's sneakers! Joel "Still Peeing in his pants" Gedalius tmbg@for-president.com http://members.aol.com/yoel97/they/ ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:08:51 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970319180557_-1170058556@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: "Freak magnet" quote In a message dated 97-03-19 17:32:46 EST, mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) writes: << If this is referring to the shirt, like I think it is, then I agree 100%. It'd be kinda "uncool" to have a freak magnet quote or whatever on there, I just don't think it'd be a good idea. I think the back design and the little They skull is enough. Matt >> How about a shoeprint design on the sleeve saying, "Tabloid footprints everywhere"? Joel "Done urinating" Gedalius tmbg@for-president.com http://members.aol.com/yoel97/they/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970319181006.007f9e60@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:10:06 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Viruses / Virii At 03:51 PM 3/19/97 -0600, you wrote: >This message is bieng sent around at GATEWAY so I'd take it seriously > >> Virus Alert! GATEWAY!?!? My GOD, it MUST be serious!! That means nothing, Gateway knows almost as little about making computers as Apple does. (Flame to me, not the list) Besides, everyone knows that TMBG Fans are IMMUNE to ALL computer viruses. So DON'T FORWARD VIRUS WARNINGS TO THE LIST!!!!!! ahem.... excuse me... -ec ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:53:30 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970319175121_-1337700306@emout14.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: My TMBG Story >He gave me (wait for it) two of Dan Levine's drumsticks. This is pretty amazing, considering Dan Levine doesn't play drums, he's one of the Velcro Horns! :-) Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970319181421.007f53f0@mail.ee.net> Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:14:21 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: RE: TMBG: THEN At 11:25 AM 3/19/97 -0800, McClusky, Jesse wrote: >It's VERY cheap for a double CD. CDs usually run $14-$19 each, retail. >Double-CD's often run $35-40, but are sometimes as low as $30 or so. What state are you shopping in? CDs here (Ohio) are $12 (more expensive at smaller stores) Double CDs are usually $25 (Each Star Wars CD was $30 then dropped to $20 when the next onbe came out... whatever that's worth) -ec http://center.ml.org <--- OUT OF ORDER ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 18:47:38 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970319184551_853211517@emout02.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: College of NJ Hi all! I know this has been discussed to death, and I'm sorry, but can anyone give me the facts on the College of New Jerey show (tix, etc.)? I just found out it's on my birthday, and I'd like to get there if possible. Thanks, Dan E. Boy Cool Happenings On My Birthday So Far: MST3K: The Movie comes out for retail sale, next issue of Fangoria arrives, TMBG AT THE COLLEGE OF NEW JERSEY (and I'm in New York!) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703200001.SAA19097@dfw-ix12.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 16:00:28 -0800 I know must of you on the list are like 12 years old so you aren't old enough to know that this message has been circulating the internet in some form or another probably for over 10 years. You can't get a virus by just reading email. End of story. ---------- > From: Matt Mantsch > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!! > Date: Wednesday, March 19, 1997 1:51 PM > > This message is bieng sent around at GATEWAY so I'd take it seriously > > > Virus Alert! > >----------------------- Please forward this message to all > > personnel. > >If anyone receives mail entitled; PENPAL GREETINGS! please > >delete it WITHOUT reading it!! This is a warning for all > >Internet users - there is a dangerous virus propagating > >across the Internet through an e-mail message entitled > >'PENPAL GREETINGS!". DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY MESSAGE > >ENTITLED "PENPAL GREETINGS"!! This message appears to be a > >friendly letter asking you if you are interested in a > >penpal, but by the time you read this letter, it is too > >late. The "trojan horse" virus will have already infected > >the boot sector of your hard drive, destroying all of > >the data present. It is a self-replicating virus, and > >once the message is read, it will AUTOMATICALLY forward > >itself to anyone who's e-mail address is present in YOUR > >mailbox! This virus will DESTROY your hard drive, and holds > >the potential to DESTROY the hard drive of anyone whose mail > >is in your in box, and who's mail is in their in box and so > >on. If this virus keeps getting passed,it has the potential > >to do a great deal of DAMAGE to computer networks > >worldwide!!!! > > > >Please, delete the message entitled "PENPAL GREETINGS!" as > >soon as you see it! And pass this message along to all of > >your friends, relatives and the other readers of the > >newsgroups and mailing lists which you are on so that they > >are not hurt by this dangerous virus!!!! > > >Please pass this along to everyone you know so this can be > >stopped. > >-- > > > >Regards, > >Malcom Terry > > -- > Merendino Cortese > Merendino@thepentagon.com--www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sands/3072/ > 25 Hours a day--6 Days a week > --- " If the shoe fits... " (Tastey Cement Services) --- ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:02:07 -0500 (EST) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: Re: NONTMBG: OMLTs ad nauseum Message-ID: > > >No, we will not marry you. We are shoes, for crying out loud. > Darn! That just ruined my day! I have a mad obsession for relationships > with shoes! The sex is great! Believe me! =) Ok, I know I should see a > doctor, so I will! =) > Joel, this goes WAY beyond psychoanalysis to the point of needing medications. > >Yes, the OMLT Goddess is recovering, > Yeah! We should throw the Goddess a recovery party. I'll bring the chips. > PLEASE make sure they aren't low-fat Lay's sour cream and onion. Regular ones are wonderful but the sour cream and onion are atrocious. You won't see me though, I'll be in the closet with Christi's sneakers! > ooooooooooo..... I'm scared now, seriously > Joel "Still Peeing in his pants" Gedalius > tmbg@for-president.com > http://members.aol.com/yoel97/they/ > > Elitza "Dial 10297- Save on Long Distance!!!" Nicolaou ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 19:22:05 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970319191950_448680881@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: NONTMBG: OMLTs ad nauseum In a message dated 97-03-19 19:15:40 EST, enicolao@scnc.waverly.k12.mi.us (Elitza Nicolaou) writes: << > >> >No, we will not marry you. We are shoes, for crying out loud. >> Darn! That just ruined my day! I have a mad obsession for relationships >> with shoes! The sex is great! Believe me! =) Ok, I know I should see a >> doctor, so I will! =) >Joel, this goes WAY beyond psychoanalysis to the point of needing medications. What do you suggest? I have a wide array of pills. They make my head fall off. >> >Yes, the OMLT Goddess is recovering, >> Yeah! We should throw the Goddess a recovery party. I'll bring the chips. >PLEASE make sure they aren't low-fat Lay's sour cream and onion. Regular >ones are wonderful but the sour cream and onion are atrocious. Ok, if you insist. I'll bring both. Lowfat and high fat! >>You won't see me though, I'll be in the closet with Christi's sneakers! >ooooooooooo..... I'm scared now, seriously There's nothing wrong with the truth. > Joel "Still Peeing in his pants" Gedalius > tmbg@for-president.com > http://members.aol.com/yoel97/they/ > > Elitza "Dial 10297- Save on Long Distance!!!" Nicolaou >> > Joel "Still Peeing in his pants" Gedalius > tmbg@for-president.com > http://members.aol.com/yoel97/they/ > > ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199703200100.UAA03033@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 19 Mar 1997 19:00:42 EDT Subject: TMBG: Random TMBG/PUFF relatedness.. MA>Mike "Signing off madly" Leffel MA>In this week's Newsweek, there's a tiny MA>little photo of Nixon standing triumphantly MA>in front of a banner that reads "Nixon's MA>The One". I think it would make a nifty MA>little cover for a CD! MA>..Of course, nothing like getting sued MA>over by president's kin.. I noticed that too. The song went through my head all through first hour (yeah, don't laugh, some people sneak playboy into class, I sneak in Newsweek). Utopia One UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ Message-id: <3134785@hanover.VALLEY.NET> Date: 19 Mar 97 21:41:02 EST From: Robert.Grabill.Jr@VALLEY.NET (Robert Grabill Jr.) Subject: TMBG: Mid-east shows Wow. I don't think Mid-east is a real word. Ok, I just got the pleasent news that I will be stalking tmbg at the seven shows from april 20th to april 28th If anyone has any sort of indfo about any of these shows, please e-mail me. WDTSS is on no TMBG album. I find that mildly disturbing, considering it's not planned to be on one, yet it's a regualr concert song ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 21:45:55 -0500 (EST) From: Coyote Subject: TMBG: Video Compilation 1 Message-ID: I just got the Video compilation 2, and it rocks! I was wondering if it was still possible to get the first one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Adam ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 22:23:00 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: Non-ish-TMBG: Russ Josephson, please! Message-ID: If you could e-mail me pretty please, I am having some problems with the Vol. 2 anthology tape you sent me, and need to know what to do! It's missing like 5 minutes of stuff... _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "Ohmigod, the dead have risen and are voting Republican!" \\ -Bart, "The Simpsons" TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 22:45:05 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970319224450_-1170031282@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: karen, graham, order of hearing cd's, Conan > BTW, Linnell's wife's name is Karen (if it hasn't been >mentioned already) okay. Now I am *convinced* the chick I saw is Mrs. Linnell. :) How do I know? As soon as I saw her, I thought she reminded me (a LOT) of someone I know (who I haven't seen in a long time.. hmm. ;)) named Karen.... People *look* like their names. :) >Third, Maby is great,I, to am glad someone else remembers >him. and check out Joe Jackson. He played everything with >him. My mom thinks not only that Graham plays bass in every TMBG song (even the pre-Graham-- even pre-Tony days!), but she's convinced it's him doing that bass in the Payless ad. So anyways. I was listening to A18 the other day, and I noticed something.. the Seinfeld bass could be played throughout "The Guitar" -- it's got the same um, flow... Cool, I guess. :) I first heard the *whole* cd's in this order: Misc T (august '95)/ John Henry (sept '95)/ Flood (sept '95)/ Lincoln (feb '96)/ Apollo 18 (march '96)/ Pink (july '96)/ Factory (oct '96 of course). >Brain Candy? GLeeMONEX. ;) >hehe, who says you don't learn anything in three years of a >foreign language? :) Me. ;) I dropped my third year of french.. >What IS the world's address?????? Whatever it is, it's too busy paging mister saxaphone. >Conan: >How far behind are the Conan episodes on CNBC at 10 PM (?) >A week? Conan's on the list? ;D Hee hee.. Check out this site: http://www.rbdc.com/~hgambill/conan.htm sarah. is not your broom. linnellgirl@tmbg.org http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/site.html mstie #77216 ~ tmbger #45127 "Coffee has been very good to me." - Dave Foley ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 22:58:33 -0500 (EST) From: Marc Schaub Subject: TMBG: Video Comp. 2? Message-ID: What's this stuff about a second video compilation? I hadn't heard about this. Where is it available? It's not on the web page, that's why I ask. Marc Schaub "Nobody, asked me, but here's my advice: Do not go quietly unto your grave."-Morphine schauby@arches.uga.edu You can find me at: http://www.arches.uga.edu/~schauby/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:16:07 -0800 From: Chess Piece Face Subject: [Fwd: Re: TMBG:VIRUS ALERT!!!] Message-id: <33305797.4D55@uno.cc.geneseo.edu> Organization: TMBG Maniacs Anonymus -- => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => => Brian Mellem, wishing you a very They day!! Visit my web site at http://onesun.cc.geneseo.edu/~bem99/ It isn't much yet. A Geocities page is coming soon too. Egad a base tone denotes a bad age.-TMBG "I'm your only friend. I'm not your only friend, but I'm a little glowing friend....."-TMBG <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= <= [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970320062840.006dc25c@mail.vt.edu> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 01:28:40 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: TMBG: Emotions/Bands >>>>Does anyone else use mono puff/TMBG as anti-depression music? When I'm >>>>feeling down, I often turn on Unsupervised, or occasionally a TMBG >>>>album [clip] Taking this thread one step further, here's my personalized list of emotion/music correlations: Sad - Breeders, Smashing Pumpkins, Sarah McLaughlin Happy - TMBG, ska in general, Primus Angry - Hole, Nirvana, Gravity Kills, Korn Thoughtful - Rush, Toad the Wet Sprocket, REM, Pink Floyd Studying - Carmina Burana, XTC, bad techno (for late-nighters) There's more, but I won't bother. * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "He's an addict and that's a fact, but at least he's not smoking crack..." * -Dance Hall Crashers, "Java Junkie" ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-79 *****************************