Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-85 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 85 Wednesday, 26 March 1997 Today's Topics: NON-TMBG:Please forgive me TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years TMBG: miss me, sapphire bullets, flood RE: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Lump-o'-NonTMBG: Spice Girls/Color Guard TMBG: Then The Earlier Years Re: TMBG: Santa's Beard Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Non-TMBG:Hitchikers and Adam Ant TMBG:The greatest day in my life.... TMBG: Not related at all TMBG: Obsessing over songs/Mono Puff on Nick! Re: TMBG: Reiterations are Fun! Coincidence? (Was: Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years) TMBG: .wav's? TMBG: St. Petersburg Show TMBG: Not related at all Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years TMBG: Then: TMBG: FS video TMBG: Supercharged Freaksicle TMBG: Elektra EPs Re: TMBG: "Secret song" auf FS TMBG: they might be spies Re: TMBG: TMBG on MTV.COM RE: TMBG: Boston? TMBG: Hello Questions Re: TMBG: FS video TMBG: Just Got THEN TMBG: FS video Re: TMBG: Hello Questions TMBG: Hello AOL TMBG: Supercharged Freaksicle TMBG: Future soundtrack deals TMBG: I Hate You. Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Re: TMBG: FS video TMBG: FLOOD, Mono Puff Re: TMBG: FS video Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years NON-TMBG: Goats and Nasal Drops TMBG: Ypsi show, old digests on the net, etc. etc. And Darth! TMBG: Then: Cool stuff from Tower TMBG: Then! Oh, yes, Then! TMBG: Then: The Remastered Years TMBG: Got the new album and.... TMBG: Wallpaper Re: TMBG: FS video TMBG: LINCOLN FLOOD THING THEN AND OTHER ONE NAME TITLES TMBG: Linnell Pictures :) Re: TMBG: Not related at all - UNTIL NOW! Re: TMBG: Man question Re: TMBG: LINCOLN FLOOD THING THEN AND OTHER ONE NAME TITLES Re: TMBG: LINCOLN FLOOD THING THEN AND OTHER ONE NAME TITLES Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 97 00:57:24 UT From: "Kathy and Ryan " Message-Id: Subject: NON-TMBG:Please forgive me Has anyone here heard Veruca Salt's album "Eight Arms to Hold You?" What did you think of it? Ryan the .sigless wonder just decided Duran Duran is one of the best 80's bands ever ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 08:45:30 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Message-ID: Well, I just got it, and I hate it. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9703251456.AA12720@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:41:21 -0500 From: ntodd@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu (Nathan Todd) Subject: TMBG: miss me, sapphire bullets, flood >>You'll miss Me is the bottom of the barrel of that album >>IMO. > I used to hate "You'll Miss Me," but lately I've become very >attached to it. I'm not sure why.. Actually, I don't hate the song, i like it in kind of an odd way...just goes to show that 'the bottom of the barrel' when it comes to tmbg songs is a hell of a lot higher than other bands' equivilents. > Oh... just between you and me, I happen to like everything on Flood >except "Sapphire Bullets" and the "Theme from Flood". :-p Argh, why do most people dislike sapphire bullets? Those sounds are so happy and cool! Those kind of sounds are one of the reasons i feel tmbg are so much better than the average rock band today. >But I'll do it again. I like Flood, always have, always will. >I could never hate the album that single-handedly turned me on to such a >genius group. Has anyone said they hate it? Most people have said that they love it...just not as much as the other albums. I think any of the albums would have converted me if I'd been given any of them, flood happened to be the one that did because it is/was the most popular of Their cds... & now I'm off to buy...THEN!!!! Nathan Todd a.k.a. Tenman *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~www.emba.uvm.edu/~ntodd~~~~> An individualist is a man who says: "I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule or be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself." -- Ayn Rand, "Textbook of Americanism" ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "McClusky, Jesse" Subject: RE: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 08:09:20 -0800 >---------- >From: Tom Hare[SMTP:tomhare@freenet.tlh.fl.us] >Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 1997 5:45 AM >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Subject: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years > >Well, I just got it, and I hate it. Um....ARE YOU NUTS????? Sorry. I happen to really like it. (: Jesse ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970325171455.006e7004@mail.vt.edu> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:14:55 -0500 From: "Mr. Horrible" Subject: Lump-o'-NonTMBG: Spice Girls/Color Guard >The SPICE GIRLS are the musical guests on Sat Night Live this >next saturday! (: Jon: Rock on, Spice Girls! I'm there! [dancing about and flailing wildly: "Tell me what you want, what you really really want!"] Enraged Masses: Piss off, buster! [beats him down] Jon: Okay, I was kidding... >> The "dancing flag-wavers" are called a color guard. ... >Ahem. My 'color guard' is still comprised of cheerleaders. I'm >sure some Nazis were cool too. I happen to be another of these flag-wavers. He who dares compare me to the cheerleaders will find out just how much a flag is similar to a Nazi Death Machine. :P Corollary: If anyone here is going to the WGI Championships in Phoenix, MAIL ME! * rev. jonathan m. scott (mrhorrible@foo.org) * http://www.foo.org/jon/index.html * "He's an addict and that's a fact, but at least he's not smoking crack..." * -Dance Hall Crashers, "Java Junkie" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:41:53 -0500 (EST) From: Robert Mootrey u Subject: TMBG: Then The Earlier Years Message-ID: Why do you hate it? (or why did you get it?) I can't wait to get mine! (I hope maybe I won't have to wait weeks for Canadian record stores to get it, like FS and SEXXY) -Sean Mootrey. ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 09:52:36 -0800 (PST) From: "E. Fjellanger" Subject: Re: TMBG: Santa's Beard Message-ID: Does anyone like santa's beard? I do! Come on, it's got slap bass! Or at least some synthetic reproduction of slap bass... Eric Fjellanger That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there's something else... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970325180026.00677430@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:00:26 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years I think it's great, but I don't really hear the remastering everyone's been talking about. :/ TTYL, -Adam At 08:45 AM 3/25/97 -0500, you wrote: >Well, I just got it, and I hate it. /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:09:37 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Message-ID: Jeez. I didn't get it. My last message was just a joke, don't get so hostile everybody. As my local music stores told me "It's been delayed." Which probably means somebody at Restless didn't feel like driving to Tallahassee on time. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33383203.10DB@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:13:55 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: Non-TMBG:Hitchikers and Adam Ant > > Hello, fellow Hitchhiker fan! I read the subject of your post, and I > > said, "Hey! There's a frood who really knows where his towel is." > > > > And I'm Hoopy, too! ;) Ahh, HHGTTG... the man is GOD. Anyway.. Well, after being sick and not being on here for days, I noticed that there are may HHGTTG types around. On that note, and since I don't remeber which name of mine I was using here, I am going back to being known as Trillian. Also, has anyone noticed the similarities between Adam Ant and They and thought this might have anything to do w/the song XTC vs. Adam Ant? Trillian ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970325133448.007bb100@mail.vt.edu> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:34:48 -0500 From: Christopher Sexton Subject: TMBG:The greatest day in my life.... I just got my grimey hands on "Then: The early years" and I am so happy I could just roll on my own filth! Gee-O-Gee, my fitth never seemed so good! Gotta go and lisen, But you guys should relise that I needed to tell someone, and then someone else then tell the forst person again, then find a third person and tell them 4 times . . . . . . . . . . bla bla . . . . . *roll in filth* . . . . Wheee! Zip-Zowie yahoo! . . . ByE ******************************************************* Christopher Sexton A Fuzzy Monk fuzzymonk@vt.edu http://www.vt.edu:10021/C/chsexton 332 Lee Hall (540) 232 2048 Va Tech Blacksburg Va 24060-0007 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.16.19970324031618.21dfd0d8@mail.one.net> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 03:16:18 From: Chris Combs Subject: TMBG: Not related at all > I was thinking : since everyone seems to hate non-tmbg messages, but no > one complains about quotes and stuff below the people's name, why not just > write non-tmbg messages below your name...here's an example : > man, is sensurround a great song. > shoehorn with teeth > (mike) > is anyone else fervently against goat abuse? You know I am! Goats have always been looked down upon. They have even had blame placed on them when nobody else was convenient. Not a single TMBG song is dedicated to a goat (by the way, I am currently listening to The Residents' "Golden Goat"). ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:04:36 -0500 (EST) From: Amy Greenlese Subject: TMBG: Obsessing over songs/Mono Puff on Nick! Message-ID: Phil crazily wrote: > Is anyone else as obsessed with this song as I am? like, along the lines > of listening to it on repeat for an hour and a half ;) I told you I was > obsessed... I was like that with Tryptophane when I got Unsupervised over the summer. I'd put just that song on repeat and listen to it for an hour and a half, no joke! I've since calmed down a bit, so you can rest easy that there's probably hope for you too :) On another note...I was watching Nickelodian this afternoon about 2:30 and between shows there was this little blurb (you know, something fun and educational that they use to fill time between shows) and I could have sworn I heard Mono Puff as the background music....I can't remember what song it was, because at the time I just dismissed it. Then later in the little show-type-thing, they played the instrumental track of Hello Mockingbird! That time I was certain and I thought to myself "wow, Nickelodian sure likes John and John". Then, I went back to my normal thoughtless state and continued channel surfing. Amy :) cowtown@tmbg.org I'm a great lover, I'll bet. -- Emo Phillips ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.16.19970324032731.2bb71bd8@mail.one.net> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 03:27:31 From: Chris Combs Subject: Re: TMBG: Reiterations are Fun! > BTW, I am correct in thinking that the original WDTSS? came out in 1978? I > know it isn't disco but it's either this or Joan Baez, which i wouldn't > mind too much, but this would get two tickets sold that wouldn't have bee > otherwise, since two of my friends hate both disco and medleys and that's > basically what we're doing. I believe it is from the album "Space Songs," released in 1959. For 1970's you may want to try "Jessica" from the same EP. Otherwise you are headed into Frank Zappa land. -Chris "I'm a Dancin' Fool" Combs ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:53:49 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199703252053.PAA24925@hubcap.clemson.edu> From: Adam Tyner Subject: Coincidence? (Was: Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years) At 01:09 PM 3/25/97 -0500, you wrote: >Which probably means somebody at Restless didn't feel like driving to >Tallahassee on time. A friend of mine in Orlando told me that none of the stores around him had Then either. I wonder if there's some problem shipping to Florida...? TTYL, -Adam /========================================\ Adam Tyner 0- ctyner@awod.com http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ Home of He-Man, Weird Al, MST3K, and more! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:59:42 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: .wav's? Message-ID: Ahoy Does anyone have the .wav of Which Describes How You're Feeling, demo version? Mind e-mailing it to me? Thanks! --nicole twn ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:38:21 -0500 (EST) From: Death Incarnate Subject: TMBG: St. Petersburg Show Message-Id: Howdy howdy again, Well, all those attending the St. Pete show, I live in this area, and I know it more than well. I'd like to get something together very much, and I'll be the organizer if necessary. Email me @ jlinnell@tmbg.org, and we can make some plans, I'm kind of at a loss for ideas, but we can try.... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.16.19970325215752.5e272570@bcc-la.balboacapital.com> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:57:52 -0800 From: "Marc A. Terry" Subject: TMBG: Not related at all In response to: >> is anyone else fervently against goat abuse? > > You know I am! Goats have always been looked down upon. They have even >had blame placed on them when nobody else was convenient. I would like to call everyone's attention to a conspiracy involving goats. I don't know about abuse and all, but it sure seems like we need to do something about this. Check it out: http://connectamerica.net/sideling/goats/goats.html M "All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost." ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:12:31 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970325161230_-1471154874@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years In a message dated 97-03-25 08:40:59 EST, tomhare@freenet.tlh.fl.us (Tom Hare) writes: << Well, I just got it, and I hate it. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- >> That was moving.... Joel "Still didn't get the check in the mail for Then so will get it late" Gedalius DOH! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970325163303.0080cdf0@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:33:03 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Then: Just got Then: I didn't noticed the remastering, but it could just be my crappy speakers. Polka version of Hope I get old Before I Die ROCKS!!! -ec ------------------------------ From: "Rensink, Brenden BHS" Subject: TMBG: FS video Date: Tue, 25 Mar 97 12:33:00 P Message-Id: <333845A5@msmail.bham.wednet.edu> i thin kwe tried to feild this question a while ago, but... we never came to a general disision. IS THERE GOING TO BE A VIDEO FOR FACTORY SHOWROOM????? i sure hope so. if anyone has heard any new news on it please inform me. brenden - nednerb ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970325164311.007c4c50@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:43:11 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Supercharged Freaksicle At the IRC chat thing not too long ago, JL said that Super-whatever-ed Freaksicle was being pushed back "indefinately" until after they record, release the new album, tentatively titled "Thing" Does this mean no SF ever? Or, are they definately going to release it, they just don't know when? And, has there been any info on whether it will be ALL Elektra b-sides or SELECTED Elektra b-sides? -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970325164748.007a3e10@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 16:47:48 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Elektra EPs sorry for the multiple messages... This may be somewhat related to my last message: Why is it that the only Elektra EPs available on tmbg.com are S~E~X~X~Y and WDTSS? They are the only ones that are also readily available (only ones still made?). -ec ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:09:26 -0500 (EST) From: Elizabeth McGinley Subject: Re: TMBG: "Secret song" auf FS Message-ID: spooked the crap out of me... liz ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333865C9.3882@swbell.net> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 15:54:49 -0800 From: Rudi Tomskaknovich Organization: the Legitimate Businessmen of Sugar Land Subject: TMBG: they might be spies Will "Til My Head Falls Off", the spiritual successor of "Sensurround," be on the soundtrack for the new Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie? TMBG needs more support from the 7-9 age bracket in order to be economically viable. josh (the urge rocks) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:11:04 -0500 (EST) From: Elizabeth McGinley Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on MTV.COM Message-ID: Any person who vows to kill Kurt Loder is wonderful and sould be given riches and fame liz On Mon, 17 Mar 1997 CyburDog@aol.com wrote: > In a message dated 97-03-16 22:53:46 EST, you write: > > << albums as well as 15 unreleased tracks from the over-achieving combo who > gave the world such quirky classics as "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" and > "Ana Ng." >> > > QUIRKY??? > I WILL KILL YOU, KURT LODER!!! KIIIIIIILLLLLL YYOOOOOOUUU!!!!!! > AHHHHHH HHA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!! > > > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ > /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ > < Miscellaneous Tim > > > < AKA > > > < TMB(do)G > > > <"I'm a picture that I'm holding of someone who is cool"- The Odds > > < "quod debeo tenere honorem meum Numquam ero vir clarus" > > < -Cbuczek@aol.com/TMBG > > > < "...we don't especially identify with the 'Rangers. > > < Well,maybe the blue one."- John Linnell > > < 50 Fun Things to Do in an Elevator > > <3. Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering: "Shut up, > all of you!!!> > < "...and if it all turned out the way we knew it wouldn't" > > < -The Connells > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ > > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:27:23 -0500 (EST) From: Elizabeth McGinley Subject: RE: TMBG: Boston? Message-ID: his name is jack he was on this list a year ago when he went to school On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, McClusky, Jesse wrote: > >--------- > >From: Katherine Johnson[SMTP:katie@argo.net] > >Sent: Thursday, March 20, 1997 11:21 AM > >To: Coyote > >Cc: McClusky, Jesse; (*); 'tmbg-list@tmbg.org' > >Subject: RE: TMBG: Boston? > > > >Okay...so this is my question: > >Since all you guys are going to this concert Im assuming youve been to > >other concerts in this area. (i.e. Hatchshell Paradise Lupos) SO..theres > >this kid!!!! Ive seen him at every damn concert..even at Toads in New > >Haven. Hes really tall and thin wears glasses and kinda dresses up for > >the shows and always wears a hat....many different hats..but not all at > >the same time. He was at the Hatchshell concert and he was there with his > >friends early to get up front just like me and my friends and he was > >leaning on the gate up front and I said to him "what are you the > >Gatekeeper er sumthin?" and he holds his hand up and said "No one must > >pass" And that is the extent of the conversation I had with him. So know > >me and my friends call him the Gatekeeper and we want to know who he > >is.Do any of you guys know?? > > > >Katie > > Just a silly Seattlite talking here, but why don't you go up to him > next time you see him and say, "Hi! My name's Katie. What's your > name, so I don't have to keep referring to you as 'The Gatekeeper'?" (: > > Just a Thought. > > Jesse > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970325173944.00808590@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:39:44 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Hello Questions Alright, if I were to order a certain Hello year, would I get all the cds including the "Bonus" ones, like Christmas Special (name?) or Demo Tape? Also, will they continue to sell back catalog, even though they aren't making any new ones? (I know they are, what I mean is, are they still making new discs of old years, or will they just sell them until they're all gone?) Also, could anyone tell me whether or not the $160-something FULL catalog is worth it? (It= money/shipping time) thanks -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970325174451.0080b8d0@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:44:51 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: FS video Wasn't it something like..... Elektra will make a video for SEXXY if the song becomes popular enough --> SEXXY released --> SEXXY/FS Not publicized by Elektra --> SEXXY/FS Doesn't become popular --> No video is made (damned record company bastards) -ec >a general disision. IS THERE GOING TO BE A VIDEO FOR FACTORY SHOWROOM????? > i sure hope so. if anyone has heard any new news on it please inform me. ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 18:16:08 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970325181551_-1571304692@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Just Got THEN I just got THEN and I love it. The booklet is a great piece of intellectual reading and I really like the Critic Intro. Maniac Now new and improved at: http://www.geocities.com/broadway/7824 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <33385C98.68D2@mixcom.com> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 17:15:36 -0600 From: Matt Mantsch Subject: TMBG: FS video I thought someone said they had visited a record store or like Best Buy or somethin and had seen a short clip of the SEXXY video? -- Merendino Cortese TheDon@pulp-fiction.com--www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Sands/3072/ Merendino@thepentagon.com merendino@geocities.com mattm@mixcom.com 25 Hours a day--6 Days a week --- " If the shoe fits... " (Tastey Cement Services) --- ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199703252335.SAA08781@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Hello Questions Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 18:35:55 -0500 (EST) > > Alright, if I were to order a certain Hello year, would I get all the cds > including the "Bonus" ones, like Christmas Special (name?) or Demo Tape? > This is all strictly to the best of my knowledge (which in actuality may not be very good at all): They're not planning on making any new copies of previous years' disks, but will sell all copies that they have. I heard at least a year ago that they were having trouble filling orders for the '93 and '94 catalogs. I believe that they will try to substitute disks for those that are no longer in stock. You may or may not get the "bonus" disks, depending upon a few factors. You will NOT get the Demo Tape. That was a one-shot deal for the inauguration of Hello, and so far they don't plan to repeat it. As for whether it's worth it to you to get the full catalog, I have no idea. Be aware that you may not actually be able to get all of the original disks. You might also want to actually *hear* some typical Hello releases before you make any major investments strictly for the sake of completeness... m@t ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970325184927.007c5100@mail.ee.net> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 18:49:27 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: Hello AOL What's the email for Hello CD? AOL right? Will I get a response? -ec ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199703260002.TAA26977@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 25 Mar 1997 18:03:16 EDT Subject: TMBG: Supercharged Freaksicle CH>At the IRC chat thing not too long ago, JL said that Super-whatever-ed CH>Freaksicle was being pushed back "indefinately" until after they record, CH>release the new album, tentatively titled "Thing" I think that Super... Freaksicle is just a ploy that They are using to keep us all interested. Wait, I guess that doesn't hold water, we'll always be interested..... Oh well. So much for my stint as a conspiricy theorist . Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199703260003.TAA26996@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 25 Mar 1997 18:03:32 EDT Subject: TMBG: Future soundtrack deals HE>Will "Til My Head Falls Off", the spiritual successor of "Sensurround," HE>be on the soundtrack for the new Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie? HE>TMBG needs more support from the 7-9 age bracket in order to be HE>economically viable. Lets get TMBG to do the soundtrack to a Disney movie. The 7-9 year olds would kill for They then. What would be a good movie for Disney to do and TMBG to do the soundtrack for? I'm thinking along the lines of "A Tale of Two Cities" (another classic for Disney to butcher). Hey, "Til my head falls off" works great for that.... Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:13:05 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: TMBG: I Hate You. Message-ID: Because you've got Then: and I don't. And I don't understand why, but I'll have to wait indefinitely until my stupid local stores get it. AAARGGGGGH! * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:12:25 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Message-ID: > Jeez. I didn't get it. My last message was just a joke, don't get so > hostile everybody. As my local music stores told me "It's been delayed." > Which probably means somebody at Restless didn't feel like driving to > Tallahassee on time. --you live in tallahassee? so do i...i dont have transportation to any record stores though...where did you go that said that it was delayed? if it blockbuster, they did that to me too when factory came out. .. shoehorn with teeth (mike) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:25:32 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Message-ID: I went to Vinyl Fever, who are always TMBG-Friendly (Got my last 3 or 4 TMBG albums there, from John Henry/Back To Skull to Factory/SEXXY and before. Even picked up the single of Don't Let's Start on tape there. However, the guy at the counter (who actually knew what I was talking about !!!) Said it was delayed and didn't come in, for unknown reasons. Pooh pooh. I also called up MusicLand, but the guy was harsh with me and said about the same thing. I went to Blockbuster Music, but unfortunately, the store wasn't there. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, MIKE wrote: > > > Jeez. I didn't get it. My last message was just a joke, don't get so > > hostile everybody. As my local music stores told me "It's been delayed." > > Which probably means somebody at Restless didn't feel like driving to > > Tallahassee on time. > > --you live in tallahassee? so do i...i dont have transportation to any > record stores though...where did you go that said that it was delayed? if > it blockbuster, they did that to me too when factory came out. .. > > shoehorn with teeth > (mike) > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:22:55 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: FS video Message-ID: On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Matt Mantsch wrote: > I thought someone said they had visited a record store or like Best Buy > or somethin and had seen a short clip of the SEXXY video? --i saw it at Kmart, and my opinion of Kmart drastically changed afterwards... shoehorn with teeth (mike) ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: FLOOD, Mono Puff Message-ID: <19970325.192615.4534.0.evankleve@juno.com> From: evankleve@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:25:43 EST I was reading a bunch of the past digests on the internet and a lot of people don't like "Hearing Aid". I haven't a clue why. I am obsessed with that song. I love it! I often find myself singing it while walking down the hall in school or any time else. It is a great song that is practically haunting at times. For all of you die hard TMBG fans, you really should check out John Flansburgh's solo album. I know most of you probably know about it already, but I'll tell you anyway. His band is called "Mono Puff" and the album is called "Unsupervised". It really is a great album. If you ever thought anything by TMBG was totally f***ed up, you haven't heard Mono Puff yet! One song that particularly amazes me is called "Hello Hello". When listened to all alone late at night in the dark, it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up! Something about it is very erie. Also, people who love the trumpets on TMBG albums will like Mono Puff very much. Lots of trumpets. Thanx for taking up your precious time to read what I have to say! -Evan Kleve ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 18:33:07 -0600 (CST) From: Court Schuett Subject: Re: TMBG: FS video Message-ID: On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Matt Mantsch wrote: > I thought someone said they had visited a record store or like Best Buy > or somethin and had seen a short clip of the SEXXY video? > -- > Merendino Cortese I saw it a Meijer, and Wal-Mart on those Sneek-Peeks or whatever. It was just a collection of a bunch of different TMBG videos. I recognized Birdhouse, Don't Let's Start, and a few others, but that was awhile ago. I can't remeber much of it. My friend used to get really mad at me, cause whenever we'd got there, I'd just stand there pushing it over and over. Some people just don't appreciate TMBG. :) -Court /* Court Schuett, a totally modern boy. schuett@waldo.ivcc.edu ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rod McKuen's a poet. -Jessica Thompson some people think rod mckuen is a poet -Too Much Joy *******************************************************************************/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:35:18 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: Then: The Earlier Years Message-ID: yes, I've noticed the same thing...came back from christmas break, and decided to go to blockbuster music, but it just vanished into thin air...and it was the only place remotely within walking distance...I guess I'll have to get one of my friends to mail me it from Tampa or something...hey, i just realized youre the guy who's also going to the moon...hmmm...okay yeah...nevermind..i go now shoehorn with teeth (mike) On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Tom Hare wrote: > I went to Vinyl Fever, who are always TMBG-Friendly (Got my last 3 or 4 > TMBG albums there, from John Henry/Back To Skull to Factory/SEXXY and > before. Even picked up the single of Don't Let's Start on tape there. > However, the guy at the counter (who actually knew what I was talking > about !!!) Said it was delayed and didn't come in, for unknown reasons. > Pooh pooh. I also called up MusicLand, but the guy was harsh with me and > said about the same thing. I went to Blockbuster Music, but > unfortunately, the store wasn't there. > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG > tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, MIKE wrote: > > > > > > Jeez. I didn't get it. My last message was just a joke, don't get so > > > hostile everybody. As my local music stores told me "It's been delayed." > > > Which probably means somebody at Restless didn't feel like driving to > > > Tallahassee on time. > > > > --you live in tallahassee? so do i...i dont have transportation to any > > record stores though...where did you go that said that it was delayed? if > > it blockbuster, they did that to me too when factory came out. .. > > > > shoehorn with teeth > > (mike) > > > > > ------------------------------ Subject: NON-TMBG: Goats and Nasal Drops Message-ID: <19970325.184717.8207.4.vikerbike@juno.com> From: vikerbike@juno.com (Nathan E Pralle) Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 19:43:00 EST No, I'm not fervently against goat abuse.... I use them every day at 4 o'clock to relieve my swelling nasal passages... Tarnished Silence 210 ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:56:26 -0500 (EST) From: Elitza Nicolaou Subject: TMBG: Ypsi show, old digests on the net, etc. etc. And Darth! Message-ID: Hey/hay, All those who attended the Ypsi show.... Two of my friends ended up going (jealousy- YES) and one of them, Andrea, mentioned something about reading a post the day before the concert about a guy who would be sitting alone in the back of Pease during the concert, along with his description (I can't remember what she said it was tho). Now my question is: Who was that? It was a listie, living in/around MI and was at the Ypsilanti show. My guess is John Chaffer, but it's only a guess- correct me if I'm wrong and I have been wrong a lot lately- just ask my chemistry teacher :) OK I have to go now and do homework and other assorted nasty stuff. ****** NON-TMBG CONTENT ****** If anyone is interested in trading me a copy of Verve Pipe "Villains" on CD bought before August '96 for one purchased in March '97 please let me know by PRIVATE e-mail, do not post to the list. Thanx! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Elitza Nicolaou ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "The Spork Princess" ana-ng@poetic.com http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Quad/1317 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ too late to turn back now, i'm running out of sound/ and i am changing, changing/ and if we died right now, this fool you love somehow is here with you/ i won't deny the pain/ i won't deny the change/ and should i fall from grace here with you/ would you leave me too? -SP "Galapogos" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ From: SquirlHead@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:12:59 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970325211258_-2106385712@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Then: Cool stuff from Tower I got Then from Tower Records today, and I got their "Nostolgia Pack." It consists of four post cards (2 different ones), a bumper sticker (weird letters and coffee), and a TMBG pencil. I'm overwhelmed with joy. No really, I am. :-)) Dan E. Boy ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:18:48 -0500 (EST) From: Queen Sneepy Subject: TMBG: Then! Oh, yes, Then! Message-ID: Well, I know everyone and their individual sibling is posting about this (or, at least, will be). Anyway, as soon as class let out, I high-tailed it over to Kirkwood, the main drag here (as far as I'm concerned) at IU and braved the rain in search of Then. Since it had been warm earlier in the day, I was only wearing a t-shirt, then the weather decided to drop about fifteen degrees and the wind picked up. I was freezing and trying to pretend that I wasn't cold at all, but it didn't matter because I love They that much- the first store I checked, I did not see Then, but the next, there it was in all of its shining glory. $22 at Roscoe's for all you Bloomington kids! They handn't even put them out on the racks yet, and I think there's only two or so left. This thing is amazing! I can hear _everything_! The versions I have of Truth or Sandwiches, Misc. T are all tapes of tapes, and so all I could hear were some fuzzy lyrics and bass and some guitar riffs. This is definite They in Sensurround! I read the liner notes first, and was amazed at all of the fun facts about the songs...they made it sound like they made all of the songs with a micro-cassette recorder, some tin cans, sticks, and a couple of rubber bands- yet all of it sounds fabulous. I wonder what songs it is that one can hear bits of other songs on from when they recorded at the Music Building. Also, that picture of Them on the first page- is that Flansy with the light on his face? It really doesn't look like him, but I wonder if that's because he doesn't have the glasses on. My favourite quote so far, "The lyrics for "It's Not My Birthday" have defied simple interpretation, probably out of irresponsibility or laziness on the part of its young author" and I shall now integrate the term, "lobster shift" into my vocabulary. Ah, adulation! _______> Stefanie Elliott <____> smelliot@falstaff.ucs.indiana.edu <_____ // \\ // "You know, you can't make an omlet without breaking a few \\ eggs- That's evil for ya! -Charles, "The Tick" TMBG + Conan O'Brien + MiSTie #14672 + Medievalist + Star Wars + DNRC = Fun! ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:25:04 PST Subject: TMBG: Then: The Remastered Years Message-ID: <19970325.212505.11142.0.Ohlert@juno.com> From: ohlert@juno.com (Peter Ohlert) I've noticed quite a few of you out there mentioning that you cant hear the remastering on Then:TEY. Well, I listen to most of my music on my headphones at 11 on the volume dial, and b/c of this I noticed the INCREDIBLE job they did at cleaning up TMBG/Lincoln. On TMBG there is a lot of background static, the cuts are obvious, and the sounds don't separate out too well (i e it sounds muddy) On THEN:TEY things are crystal clear, and the output volume is markedly increased. On the original CDs I can have it all the way up to 11 and its just about the perfect volume (actually a little low for my taste), but on the remastered versions the same volume level is achieved at about 6.5 or 7. Needless to say I'm very happy with the remastering efforts. (Any other opinions on this.) I think I'm a bit unique on this list for the fact that I became a TMBG fan through Factory Showroom. I had only heard Birdhouse previous, but It hadn't caught my ear. But a good friend is TMBG fanatic, and he was playing FS in his car the day it was released (This being the first time I heard anything except Birdhouse) I was immediately hooked, and went out and bought it the next day, within 3 weeks I had all the albums (using a bit more than my available money, but it was in the name of that friendly disease spread to the world by John & John) I now own everything but The Guitar, The Statue Got me High, Back to Skull, and Live in NY (That enigmatic promo cd, that is something akin to the Holy Grail) (I count Misc T as a sub for all the pre-electra singles) Anywho, I'm rambling.... Any help obtaining Bootlegs or anything I don't have would be appreciated....I would just like to thank everyone one on this list for the lively conversation and neat little tidbits, I feel at home here..:) (p.s. Yes, I do have a social life, I'm also 20, for anyone thinking I might be about 11 or so.) Peter ohlert@juno.com "Grommit for Prime Minister" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01BC3963.FAE21F80@localhost> From: Jason Preble Subject: TMBG: Got the new album and.... Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:31:56 -0500 From way back on the newsgroup and probably still continuing today there was a question about in Snowball in hell. panacea or fantasy right after the little drug trip bit. Okay back to the point. They put in liner notes again, so you would think that this would settle it, but reading through it they left out that whole section of the lyrics. It think that is what makes Them so cool. ------------------------------ From: DonkeyPlop@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:34:09 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970325223224_773210554@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Wallpaper I just had to delete all of my hard drive, so i need new wallpaper, Can any of you guys tell me where i can get TMBG Wallpaper???? I would greatly appericate it if you guys would mail me back. Thanks ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:44:58 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970325224403_1882997484@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: FS video On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Matt Mantsch wrote: > I thought someone said they had visited a record store or like Best Buy > or somethin and had seen a short clip of the SEXXY video? >> The "video" was actually all the OTHER TMBG videos including Birdhouse, Istanbul and others... too lazy to copy my sig. Tim ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703260420.WAA18363@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: LINCOLN FLOOD THING THEN AND OTHER ONE NAME TITLES Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:10:48 -0600 I envy all you people who'll get THEN right away! I won't be able to get mine until after April 1st! >sob!< Eh, I guess I can just be happy in getting Unsupervised the day it came out. GACK! I won't be able to get the Simpsons new CD until I get THEN, then! Now that bites double whammy cakes! And if They ever get commisioned for a Disney event.. if it wasn't for Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves, I'm sure it's gonna be on one of the upcoming tv live-action movies like Disney Presents- The Boy With the Glow In The Dark Father or something that is wholly embarrasing in the way of Mighty Ducks or The Apple Dumpling Gang. And they'll be labeled for freaking life. But, they did sell out (NOT A BAD THING. I'D SELL OUT!) for MMPR: the Movie and we don't call them MorphMonkeys.. hmm. JEEPERS! As I write, a commercial for a movie called 8Heads and a blah blah whatever. Now THERE's a title that could have some They in it! It woudn't, and most likely shouldn't... And for fan nicknames, I wish They would *give* us one, so there would be no dispute. Acolytes or Legionnaires or Buggers or Nitwits or _something_. Much more enjoyable to yell out a weird title and be done with it when one asks what music you like instead of explaining it all. "What are you into?" "I'M A HAMSTER!" Of course, somewhere out there a band called The Hams, is reading this in a club tonite... Hey TMBG.ORG ers.. not that it matters since I'm getting THEN anyway, but before the soundclips thing started, didn't you say there was to be SEVEN samples? Bah. probably just my heavily damaged cerebral cortex doing nasty ass buggers on me again. Damn, do I hate LOLO. I also miss The Great American Hero. I also am pissed that I just CAN'T find the Planes, Trains and Automobiles Soundtrack, with the song, "Red River Rock". Damn Damn Dammity. Oh, and Mom, when can I be a client? Hee hee.. from glancing at a "coming up next" commercial for a nebraska news channel, WOWT, it looks like Van Gogh's ear was found in a Nebraskan's attic. Feh. Mike "heh. That cough medicines a kicking in" Leffel ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 00:48:40 -0500 (EST) From: Phil Schwan Subject: TMBG: Linnell Pictures :) Message-ID: Since my SO is bugging me to cut my hair and I have absolutely no idea what to do with it, I think I'm gonna try a Linnell cut. Anyone have a good photograph that I could FTP or have mailed to me? I'd really appreciate it. I have TMBG performing on Conan, but it doesn't really give any kind of good shot of his hair for any period of time. Danke, Phil * --------------------------------------------------------------------------- 'The ultimate seal on any software product is not any sort of kite mark or standards conformance certificate, it's that label that says, "Destruction tested by Alan Cox.... Survived."' -- Clive Dolphin (3Com PDD) ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Me" Subject: Re: TMBG: Not related at all - UNTIL NOW! Date: Wed, 26 Mar 97 23:01:36 PST | | > is anyone else fervently against goat abuse? | | You know I am! Goats have always been looked down upon. They have even | had blame placed on them when nobody else was convenient. Not a single | TMBG song is dedicated to a goat (by the way, I am currently listening to | The Residents' "Golden Goat"). | But what TMBG songs are related to fish??? This came up recently at the pre-Seattle-show-gathering, where we decided the theme for the evening should be fish, and were trying to come up with what songs the John's could play to keep in the spirit of the evening.... Cage and Aquarium Theme from Flood <- (This is the one I came up with later, but couldn't remember at the show) Were there others? I can't remember at the moment. Whatever, Michelle "I want a quote in the middle of my name, too" ------------------------------ From: CyburDog@aol.com Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:57:37 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970325225658_-1872983050@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Man question In a message dated 97-03-24 14:10:51 EST, you write: << Does anyone know if the WDTSS man is an original drawing for TMBG, or did it come from somewhere else? I need to know if there's any way it could accidentally be affiliated with something other than They before I 'borrow' the picture for something. And yes, I know he's not the Monopoly guy. :) >> I was on Rodeo drive in CA, on the way to La Brea Tar Pits during the fine month of December, and near a 7-11 there was a sign with some writing on the front but the way we were headed I saw THE GUY!!!!! He was .... purple.... wierd... I can't explain this, but it was the biggest guy I have ever seen! I wonder why it was there... TMBG might have a copyright on it though... you might wanna look for the little c somewhere around the guy... or ask Jamie Licoln... The sign was the coolest thing I saw in CA that month... no sig Tim P.S. In the last edition of The Wallpaper the 10-15 page long ad for The Wall, the store for over-over-OVER priced music... there is an interview with Cake... unfortunately I left it in my pals car... so I can't give it to you verbatim but heres how one of the questions went... Q- Do you worry about falling into the "humor music" category with groups like President of The United States and They Might Be Giants? A- something like "we try not to make the humor of ?John?Stan?Phil?'s lyrics stand out... blah blah... make of this what you will... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:26:25 -0800 (PST) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: TMBG: LINCOLN FLOOD THING THEN AND OTHER ONE NAME TITLES Message-ID: On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Mike Leffel wrote: > And for fan nicknames, I wish They would > *give* us one, so there would be no dispute. > Acolytes or Legionnaires or Buggers or > Nitwits or _something_. Much more enjoyable to > yell out a weird title and be done with it when one > asks what music you like instead of explaining > it all. "What are you into?" "I'M A HAMSTER!" Yeah, let's start a huge letter-writing campaign to get Them to give us a name. After getting fifty thousand million letters They'd be so sick of it, they'd be bound to come up with something. "You want a name? Here's your friggin' name! Now leave us alone!" or something. :) > Oh, and Mom, when can I be a client? You have TEN MINUTES to get ready to go to the beach, or I'm going to work. -Lani O:) lanio@u.washington.edu _______________________________________________________________ And the teenage boys did holler and the teenage girls did faint When they saw the bone protruding from the varnish and the paint... -Brian Dewan --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Me" Subject: Re: TMBG: LINCOLN FLOOD THING THEN AND OTHER ONE NAME TITLES Date: Thu, 27 Mar 97 00:12:42 PST ---------- | On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Mike Leffel wrote: | | > And for fan nicknames, I wish They would | > *give* us one, so there would be no dispute. | > Acolytes or Legionnaires or Buggers or | > Nitwits or _something_. Much more enjoyable to | > yell out a weird title and be done with it when one | > asks what music you like instead of explaining | > it all. "What are you into?" "I'M A HAMSTER!" | | Yeah, let's start a huge letter-writing campaign to get Them to give us a | name. After getting fifty thousand million letters They'd be so sick of | it, they'd be bound to come up with something. "You want a name? Here's | your friggin' name! Now leave us alone!" or something. :) | How about "John"? Seems like an appropro name. :) Michelle ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703260714.BAA20872@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: WANT MONEY!? FIND OUT HOW TO GET IT! LOW RISK! Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 01:05:48 -0600 > Yeah, let's start a huge letter-writing campaign to get Them to give us a > name. After getting fifty thousand million letters They'd be so sick of > it, they'd be bound to come up with something. "You want a name? Here's > your friggin' name! Now leave us alone!" or something. :) > From what I've heard about them on their tempermental/artistic/human behaviors, unfortunately, it would probably be only one letter to induce a hatred about the name query.. eh, what're you gonna do? :) > > Oh, and Mom, when can I be a client? > > You have TEN MINUTES to get ready to go to the beach, or I'm going to > work. > > -Lani O:) > lanio@u.washington.edu > Hey everybody! It's time for a MEEEEEETING! Mike " 'Meeeeting' just sounds sick" Leffel ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-85 *****************************