Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-88 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 88 Saturday, 29 March 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: SenSurround Lyrics TMBG: Acronyms and Royce Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Re: TMBG: AKA vs. AKA TMBG: DAS TMBG: winter, Acronyms TMBG: mp3, Then: The Earlier Years TMBG: Complaint Re: TMBG: Music Man Re: TMBG: mp3, Then: The Earlier Years Re: TMBG: ACRNYMS TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) NON TMBG: AMY'S BOOBS :) TMBG: BOOBS Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Re: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) Re: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) Re: TMBG: AMY'S BOOBS :) TMBG: NEW DIAL-A-SONG ONLINE WEB PAGE! TMBG: New DIAL-A-SONG ONLINE Web page! NONTMBG: NONTMBGish : shirts/douglas adams Re: TMBG: Acronyms, an all too true name Re: TMBG: Acronyms/Song Abbreviations Re: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Re: TMBG: They chests TMBG: do do do do do Inspector Gadget TMBG: ACRONYMS NONTMBG: MP3 Problems--copyright TMBG: Sheet Music Re: TMBG: New DIAL-A-SONG ONLINE Web page! TMBG: boston show on may 5 @ avalon...any tapers? Re: TMBG: TMBG : Lots and lots of stuff...Then, Coupland, blah blah Re: TMBG: boston show on may 5 @ avalon...any tapers? Re: TMBG: Sheet Music TMBG: do Inspector Gadget TMBG: See ya Monday! Re: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget Re: TMBG: Acronyms/Song Abbreviations Re: TMBG: Acronyms/Song Abbreviations Re: TMBG: True Fans Re: TMBG: Sheet Music Re:non(well, maybe sort of i guess) TMBG: do do do do do Inspector , Gadget Re: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget Re: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget Re: TMBG: Sheet Music Re: TMBG: boston show on march 5 @ avalon...any tapers? Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd TMBG: misc. t Re: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget Re: TMBG: Sheet Music TMBG: DAS TMBG: Istanbul live TMBG: Re: singles Re: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) Re: TMBG: boston show on may 5 @ avalon...any tapers? Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Re: TMBG: They chests TMBG: Re: TMBG Wowee Zowee! Re: TMBG: color guard TMBG: marching bands, Then (long) Re: TMBG: marching bands, Then (long) Non-TMBG: ramblings (Was: They chests) TMBG: Return of the OMLT Goddess TMBG: Between: The Middle Years! NonTMBG: marching band rock (long) Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd TMBG: Graham TMBG: Uttlerly Non-TMBG. Beware. Ska involved. TMBG: I'm an idiot Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <2.2.32.19970328095000.00a1b7d8@mail.healey.com.au> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 19:50:00 +1000 From: Very Fruity Indeed Subject: TMBG: SenSurround Lyrics Hi people, On tmbg.org, the lyrics in SenSurround say, "A woofer covered in wood to shake the room when it should." I was just listening to SenSurround when I though I heard them say 'womb'... Well, I'm either tripping or I'm deaf or completely right. You choose. Afterall, the song has got heaps of pregnancy references and stuff. BYE!!! Ad. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & Ironside & & "...the 17th best band in the world" & &http://www.healey.com.au/HomePages/ad/ironside/& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:57:17 -0500 Message-Id: <9703281357.AA11443@notesgw1.cc.bellcore.com> From: "Erik J. Chuss" Subject: TMBG: Acronyms and Royce The subject sounds like a song from the '60's or something, eh? As for acronyms, at work we use an incredible number of acronyms. A typical sentence might go "The UNIX C/S MGI DCM UCD DOC is needed for QMO." The way we get around any confusion is; the first time you use the acronym we spell the words out followed by the acronym in parenthesis. After that, anytime you need to mention the song use the acronym and everyone will know what your talking about. Well, at least they will recognize the words. Example: "I really love the song "She was a Hotel Detective (SWAHD). I only saw them play SWAHD once in concert and it was great!" As for Royce. Does anyone else feel like his incredible TMBG journey should be put on the "unofficial" web page (all 5-6 parts) for future reference. It has to be one of the best concert experiences I have ever heard and best displays of the dedication of a "rabid" TMBG fan. When a new fan reads it they might realize that there is a lot more to this band than just that song about old New York, especially because someone has gone to such great lengths to see them. Just a thought. A plea: Please do NOT quote the entire message when you respond to a post - especially chain letters! Thank you. This has been a public service annoucement of the TMBG Brocasting Network. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970328093640.00821560@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:36:40 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd all this talk about color gaurd, but no one's mentioning marching band.... what's wrong with you people.... -ec ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333BF0F2.9CA@swbell.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:25:22 -0800 From: Hezbollah Harry Organization: the Legitimate Businessmen's Club of Sugar Land Subject: Re: TMBG: AKA vs. AKA Also, the bogus XTC story stated that their lawyer was some guy named Nigel. Any XTC fan will recognize the joke in this. Josh Now playing in the 3 disc changer of love: 1. Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen 2. Jellyfish - Spilt Milk 3. Violent Femmes - Hallowed Ground ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333BA211.6180@baka.com> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:48:49 +0000 From: Jonah Organization: MILK Subject: TMBG: DAS On an impulse, I just dialed the Dial A Song number. And do you know what? I GOT THROUGH!! WOW!! I heard a somewhat different version of Doctor Kildare(well, it might have been somewhat different or it might just have been the fact that all DAS samples sound crummy through phone speakers.) It was cool. have they been in the habit of putting mono puff songs on DAS a lot? Exciting as it was to actually get through, I would have much preferred to hear a song I've never heard. Not that I'm complaining. It's hard to imagine the exitement when i dialed the numbers I'd dialed a thousand times, and actually HEARD A RING!!! God. Whoa. Sorry. I'll shut up now. -- "This is still the greatest country in the world if we just steel our wills and lose our minds"-Bill Clinton Jonah, who loves the theater ------------------------------ Message-Id: <9703281444.AA13843@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:29:15 -0500 From: ntodd@uvm-gen.emba.uvm.edu (Nathan Todd) Subject: TMBG: winter, Acronyms >Let's not forget that winter's allready over....... Where do you live? We don't finish winter this early up here in vermont. We've still got plenty of snow for a snowball (or three, which is how many were sent to the list because of people complaining about the original...if you don't want things sent to the list don't copy them in your message! And on the topic of acronyms, I really find that many of the tmbg song acronyms are very distinctive, like TMHFO, HCISLAG?, NOKMP, YOWE. But there are also a lot that are best just to say a single word, like istanbul, birdhouse, etc. THEN is the most brilliant thing since JH, which of course was the best thing since BTS, which was the best since A18 which... Nathan Todd a.k.a. Tenman *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~www.emba.uvm.edu/~ntodd~~~~> An individualist is a man who says: "I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule or be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself." -- Ayn Rand, "Textbook of Americanism" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333BD974.765F@netheaven.com> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:45:08 -0500 From: Cyberguy Subject: TMBG: mp3, Then: The Earlier Years I think it's great that I can get some unreleased songs (or songs I don't have), but I don't have an mp3 player. Can anyone recommend one? Also, is Then a box set, or a 2-cd set? ------------------------------ From: MrShow@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:00:47 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328100031_-502406733@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Complaint Back in December at www.live-wire.com/issue05/tmbg, A series of interviews with TMBG were to be shown there once a week, but the web site hasn't been updated in over two months. At the top it says that the band interviews would be stopped but restarted again on January 8th, well its now March 28th and still the site has only gone up to 1990 Flood years. TmbgManiac www.geocites.com/broadway/7824 ------------------------------ From: TmbgManiac@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:06:47 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328100645_2097114579@emout13.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Music Man >all Their horns were stolen. True story, my roomie was there and all They had was a new Guitar and Keyboard. They sure have been the victums of many robberies. TmbgManiac www.geocities.com/Broadway/7824 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970328152754.0068178c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:27:54 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: mp3, Then: The Earlier Years At 09:45 AM 3/28/97 -0500, you wrote: >I think it's great that I can get some unreleased songs (or songs I >don't have), but I don't have an mp3 player. Can anyone recommend one? Check out http://www.mpeg3.com for some... > Also, is Then a box set, or a 2-cd set? Officially, I think it's a 2-CD retrospective... TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:03:08 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328110307_2063560182@emout15.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: ACRNYMS In a message dated 97-03-27 19:32:42 EST, chakroff@ee.net (Evan Chakroff) writes: << TMBG R 1 GR8 BND, THY HVE LTS of GR8 SNGS. SM of my FVRTS R SS, PT, TNAC, WDTSS? ANG, DLS, RSWA, ERIWA, MD, NYC, WGAWTS, SITF... TH LST GS on N on. >> There's one reason why we need an acronym list or something. There are 3 songs that are SS: Space Suit, Spiraling Shape, Snail SHell Joel ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:20:10 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328112009_479327077@emout01.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) Okay, I spent all of last night doing this. First I am putting in the text version of ACRONYM to SONG, after that will be SONG TO ACRONYM. c1997 Joel Gedalius =) If you want a spreadsheet version, ask me and I'll send you one (WK4 -Lotus or XLS -Excel) The Spreadsheet version is color-coded and easier to read: Here we go with ACRONYM TO SONG: Acronym Song Album (Track) 32F 32 Footsteps They Might Be Giants (6) ABM Absolutely Bill's Mood They Might Be Giants (14) AFTR Alienation's For The Rich They Might Be Giants (17) AKAD AKA Driver John Henry (5) AN Ana Ng Lincoln (1) ASCNW A Self Called No Where John Henry (14) BF Birds Fly Miscellaneous T (3) BIYS Birdhouse In Your Soul Flood (2) BOC Boat Of Car They Might Be Giants (13) CAA Cage And Aquarium Lincoln (5) COWTOWN Cowtown Lincoln (2) CPF Chess Piece Face They Might Be Giants (15) DB Dirt Bike John Henry (12) DB Dinner Bell Apollo 18 (9) DEAD Dead Flood (5) DLS Don't Let's Start They Might Be Giants (4) DM Destination Moon John Henry (13) DMG Dig My Grave Apollo 18 (1) EDG Exquisite Dead Guy Factory Showroom (4) EOT End Of Tour John Henry (20) ERIWA Everything Right Is Wrong Again They Might Be Giants (1) ESF Extra Savoir-Faire John Henry (7) FS For Science Miscellaneous T (12) FT Fingertips Apollo 18 (17-37) HA Hearing Aid Flood (11) HAFF Hide Away Folk Family They Might Be Giants (5) HC Hot Cha Flood (15) HCISLAG How Can I Sing Like A Girl? Factory Showroom (3) HMDJITYSWHAD Hey, Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had A Deal Miscellaneous T (1) HOH Hall of Heads Apollo 18 (11) HOL Hypnotist Of Ladies Apollo 18 (16) HR Hello Radio Miscellaneous T (8) ICHY I Can Hear You Factory Showroom (12) IGAM I've Got A Match Lincoln (11) IHTIGOBID I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die They Might Be Giants (16) IIWS If I Wasn't Shy Apollo 18 (14) INMB It's Not My Birthday Miscellaneous T (7) IPI I Palindrome I Apollo 18 (2) ISBATT I Should Be Allowed To Think John Henry (6) ISM I'll Sink Manhattan Miscellaneous T (6) I(NC) Istanbul (Not Constantinople) Flood (4) JKP James K. Polk Factory Showroom (10) KMSOG Kiss Me, Son Of God Lincoln (18) LB&C Lucky Ball & Chain Flood (3) LETTERBOX Letterbox Flood (13) LIAT Lady Is A Tramp Miscellaneous T (2) LSLB Lie Still, Little Bottle Lincoln (3) MAMMAL Mammal Apollo 18 (5) MD Metal Detector Factory Showroom (5) MET My Evil Twin Apollo 18 (4) MJE Meet James Ensor John Henry (15) MK Mr. Klaw Miscellaneous T (9) MM Mr. Me Lincoln (8) MW Minimum Wage Flood (12) NGCMC Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes They Might Be Giants (9) NGOTSM Night Gown Of The Sullen Moon Miscellaneous T (5) NOKMP No One Knows My Plan John Henry (11) NT Number Three They Might Be Giants (3) NYC New York City Factory Showroom (6) NYE Narrow Your Eyes Apollo 18 (10) ODNFM O, Do Not Forsake Me John Henry (10) OOF Out Of Jail John Henry (18) PM Particle Man Flood (7) PN Pet Name Factory Showroom (11) POD Piece Of Dirt Lincoln (7) PR Pencil Rain Lincoln (9) PT Purple Toupee Lincoln (4) PYHITPH Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head They Might Be Giants (2) RC Rabid Child They Might Be Giants (8) RMTB Road Movie To Berlin Flood (19) RSWA Rhythm Section Want Ad They Might Be Giants (19) SAA She's An Angel They Might Be Giants (11) SAS She's Actual Size Apollo 18 (3) SB Santa's Beard Lincoln (12) SB Stomp Box John Henry (19) SBOPL Sapphire Bullets Of Pure Love Flood (17) SEXXY S~E~X~X~Y Factory Showroom (1) SIH Snowball In Hell Lincoln (17) SITF Sleeping In The Flowers John Henry (3) SKMMC Someone Keeps Moving My Chair Flood (10) SOYOH Stand On Your Own Head Lincoln (16) SPIDER Spider Apollo 18 (7) SPY Spy John Henry (9) SS Space Suit Apollo 18 (38) SS Spiraling Shape Factory Showroom (9) SS Snail Shell John Henry (2) STC See The Constellation Apollo 18 (13) SUBLIMINAL Subliminal John Henry (1) SWAHD She Was A Hotel Detective They Might Be Giants (10) SWT Shoehorn With Teeth Lincoln (15) TA Turn Around Apollo 18 (15) TBAR The Bells Are Ringing Factory Showroom (13) TBO The Biggest One Miscellaneous T (11) TBTB Token Back To Brooklyn Factory Showroom (0) TD The Day They Might Be Giants (18) TFF Theme From Flood Flood (1) TFP The Famous Polka Miscellaneous T (15) TG(TLST) The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) Apollo 18 (8) TH Toddler Hiway They Might Be Giants (7) THERMOSTAT Thermostat John Henry (16) TMBG They Might Be Giants Flood (18) TMHFO Till My Head Falls Off Factory Showroom (2) TNAC They'll Need A Crane Lincoln (14) TSGMH The Statue Got Me High Apollo 18 (6) TWA The World's Address Lincoln (10) TWISTING Twisting Flood (8) UT Unrelated Thing John Henry (4) WDHYF Which Describes How You're Feeling Apollo 18 (12) WINDOW Window John Henry (17) WIRIS When It Rains It Snows Miscellaneous T (16) WITD Whistling In The Dark Flood (14) WMIBS Why Must I Be Sad? John Henry (8) WTR We're The Replacements Miscellaneous T (17) WWAR We Want A Rock Flood (9) WYEDG Where Your Eyes Don't Go Lincoln (6) W&M Women & Men Flood (16) XTCVAA XTC Vs. Adam Ant Factory Showroom (8) YCKMD Youth Culture Killed My Dog They Might Be Giants (12) YMM You'll Miss Me Lincoln (13) YOWE Your Own Worst Enemy Factory Showroom (7) YRF Your Racist Friend Flood (6) NOW FOR SONG TO ACRONYM: Song Acronym Album (Track) 32 Footsteps 32F They Might Be Giants (6) A Self Called No Where ASCNW John Henry (14) Absolutely Bill's Mood ABM They Might Be Giants (14) AKA Driver AKAD John Henry (5) Alienation's For The Rich AFTR They Might Be Giants (17) Ana Ng AN Lincoln (1) Birdhouse In Your Soul BIYS Flood (2) Birds Fly BF Miscellaneous T (3) Boat Of Car BOC They Might Be Giants (13) Cage And Aquarium CAA Lincoln (5) Chess Piece Face CPF They Might Be Giants (15) Cowtown COWTOWN Lincoln (2) Dead DEAD Flood (5) Destination Moon DM John Henry (13) Dig My Grave DMG Apollo 18 (1) Dinner Bell DB Apollo 18 (9) Dirt Bike DB John Henry (12) Don't Let's Start DLS They Might Be Giants (4) End Of Tour EOT John Henry (20) Everything Right Is Wrong Again ERIWA They Might Be Giants (1) Exquisite Dead Guy EDG Factory Showroom (4) Extra Savoir-Faire ESF John Henry (7) Fingertips FT Apollo 18 (17-37) For Science FS Miscellaneous T (12) Hall of Heads HOH Apollo 18 (11) Hearing Aid HA Flood (11) Hello Radio HR Miscellaneous T (8) Hey, Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had HMDJITYSWHAD Miscellaneous T (1) Hide Away Folk Family HAFF They Might Be Giants (5) Hot Cha HC Flood (15) How Can I Sing Like A Girl? HCISLAG Factory Showroom (3) Hypnotist Of Ladies HOL Apollo 18 (16) I Can Hear You ICHY Factory Showroom (12) I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die IHTIGOBID They Might Be Giants (16) I Palindrome I IPI Apollo 18 (2) I Should Be Allowed To Think ISBATT John Henry (6) If I Wasn't Shy IIWS Apollo 18 (14) I'll Sink Manhattan ISM Miscellaneous T (6) Istanbul (Not Constantinople) I(NC) Flood (4) It's Not My Birthday INMB Miscellaneous T (7) I've Got A Match IGAM Lincoln (11) James K. Polk JKP Factory Showroom (10) Kiss Me, Son Of God KMSOG Lincoln (18) Lady Is A Tramp LIAT Miscellaneous T (2) Letterbox LETTERBOX Flood (13) Lie Still, Little Bottle LSLB Lincoln (3) Lucky Ball & Chain LB&C Flood (3) Mammal MAMMAL Apollo 18 (5) Meet James Ensor MJE John Henry (15) Metal Detector MD Factory Showroom (5) Minimum Wage MW Flood (12) Mr. Klaw MK Miscellaneous T (9) Mr. Me MM Lincoln (8) My Evil Twin MET Apollo 18 (4) Narrow Your Eyes NYE Apollo 18 (10) New York City NYC Factory Showroom (6) Night Gown Of The Sullen Moon NGOTSM Miscellaneous T (5) No One Knows My Plan NOKMP John Henry (11) Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes NGCMC They Might Be Giants (9) Number Three NT They Might Be Giants (3) Out Of Jail OOF John Henry (18) O, Do Not Forsake Me ODNFM John Henry (10) Particle Man PM Flood (7) Pencil Rain PR Lincoln (9) Pet Name PN Factory Showroom (11) Piece Of Dirt POD Lincoln (7) Purple Toupee PT Lincoln (4) Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head PYHITPH They Might Be Giants (2) Rabid Child RC They Might Be Giants (8) Rhythm Section Want Ad RSWA They Might Be Giants (19) Road Movie To Berlin RMTB Flood (19) Santa's Beard SB Lincoln (12) Sapphire Bullets Of Pure Love SBOPL Flood (17) See The Constellation STC Apollo 18 (13) She Was A Hotel Detective SWAHD They Might Be Giants (10) She's Actual Size SAS Apollo 18 (3) She's An Angel SAA They Might Be Giants (11) Shoehorn With Teeth SWT Lincoln (15) Sleeping In The Flowers SITF John Henry (3) Snail Shell SS John Henry (2) Snowball In Hell SIH Lincoln (17) Someone Keeps Moving My Chair SKMMC Flood (10) Space Suit SS Apollo 18 (38) Spider SPIDER Apollo 18 (7) Spiraling Shape SS Factory Showroom (9) Spy SPY John Henry (9) Stand On Your Own Head SOYOH Lincoln (16) Stomp Box SB John Henry (19) Subliminal SUBLIMINAL John Henry (1) S~E~X~X~Y SEXXY Factory Showroom (1) The Bells Are Ringing TBAR Factory Showroom (13) The Biggest One TBO Miscellaneous T (11) The Day TD They Might Be Giants (18) The Famous Polka TFP Miscellaneous T (15) The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) TG(TLST) Apollo 18 (8) The Statue Got Me High TSGMH Apollo 18 (6) The World's Address TWA Lincoln (10) Theme From Flood TFF Flood (1) Thermostat THERMOSTAT John Henry (16) They Might Be Giants TMBG Flood (18) They'll Need A Crane TNAC Lincoln (14) Till My Head Falls Off TMHFO Factory Showroom (2) Toddler Hiway TH They Might Be Giants (7) Token Back To Brooklyn TBTB Factory Showroom (0) Turn Around TA Apollo 18 (15) Twisting TWISTING Flood (8) Unrelated Thing UT John Henry (4) We Want A Rock WWAR Flood (9) We're The Replacements WTR Miscellaneous T (17) When It Rains It Snows WIRIS Miscellaneous T (16) Where Your Eyes Don't Go WYEDG Lincoln (6) Which Describes How You're Feeling WDHYF Apollo 18 (12) Whistling In The Dark WITD Flood (14) Why Must I Be Sad? WMIBS John Henry (8) Window WINDOW John Henry (17) Women & Men W&M Flood (16) XTC Vs. Adam Ant XTCVAA Factory Showroom (8) You'll Miss Me YMM Lincoln (13) Your Own Worst Enemy YOWE Factory Showroom (7) Your Racist Friend YRF Flood (6) Youth Culture Killed My Dog YCKMD They Might Be Giants (12) ~~~~~~~ The SPREADSHEET LOOKS MUCH BETTER. I will send a mass mail to all that ask each day, every night, to save upload time. Joel "Wasted a perfectly good Thursday Night" Gedalius ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333BEF85.6745@trib.infi.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:19:17 -0500 From: Boba Organization: InfiNet Subject: NON TMBG: AMY'S BOOBS :) > Ok, I realized this afternoon that I probably should *not* be walking > around my campus with "They Might Be Giants" plastered across my chest.... > to make matters worse, when I last washed this shirt I dried it too hot > and it shrunk a bit. *Now* I know why people have been staring at > me...*blush* Well Amy, people were staring at you before that happened , you just didn't realize it! :) Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org Boba's Page: http://boba.home.ml.org The Wendy Page: http://wendyweb.base.org We Might Be Giants, Too: http://tmbg.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333BF1DE.27C5@trib.infi.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:29:18 -0500 From: Boba Organization: InfiNet Subject: TMBG: BOOBS Leo B. Wrote: > For some reason all I can think about while I read this thread is: > She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me.... How about: You'll Always Miss My Big Ol Body Hot Cha, where are you? Everybody's eyes are closed She was a hotel detective But now she's gotten promoted I don't think it was the money!!!! Hotel Detective, Come on and check her out! Boba, who spent entirely too much time thinking about boobs. Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org Boba's Page: http://boba.home.ml.org The Wendy Page: http://wendyweb.base.org We Might Be Giants, Too: http://tmbg.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:38:56 -0800 (PST) From: "'Lani' N Olson" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > > all this talk about color gaurd, but no one's mentioning marching band.... > what's wrong with you people.... -ec > We thought about arranging a They song for marching band (of course it would have been Particle Man or Istanbul), but somehow it didn't happen. -Lani O:) Husky Clarinets '93-'95 and '97-? lanio@u.washington.edu _______________________________________________________________ And the teenage boys did holler and the teenage girls did faint When they saw the bone protruding from the varnish and the paint... -Brian Dewan --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970328115347.0081f460@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:53:47 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) Yoel97 wrote: >Okay, I spent all of last night doing this. First I am putting in the text >version of ACRONYM to SONG, after that will be SONG TO ACRONYM. >c1997 Joel Gedalius =) >Joel "Wasted a perfectly good Thursday Night" Gedalius > > Well, that was definately.... uh.... how should I put this..... actually, I just won't say anything.... but anyway, I think we should keep acronyms to a minimum. It's a good idea, when disscussing a song at length to do what was mentioned before (She Was A Hotel Detective (SWAHD) RULES! I really like the song SWAHD) Or we could make a game of it... first one to figure out an acronym wins a prize! (Searching the depths of obscurity, Evan comes up with today's non-tmbg acronym challenge word! OAD&2SF and just for fun, a tmbg-related one also: ISY) -ec ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:18:24 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328121823_-1135564121@emout09.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) In a message dated 97-03-28 12:13:06 EST, chakroff@ee.net (Evan Chakroff) writes: << (Searching the depths of obscurity, Evan comes up with today's non-tmbg acronym challenge word! OAD&2SF and just for fun, a tmbg-related one also: ISY) >> ISY- International Space Year no clue about the other Joel ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:32:49 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328123248_80937911@emout19.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: AMY'S BOOBS :) Now, now. I think Amy must be all embarrassed even MORE now. You could at least give her the satisfaction of TMBG instead of NONTMBG. Joel "You're Welcome Amy" Gedalius In a message dated 97-03-28 12:17:26 EST, you write: << > Ok, I realized this afternoon that I probably should *not* be walking > around my campus with "They Might Be Giants" plastered across my chest.... > to make matters worse, when I last washed this shirt I dried it too hot > and it shrunk a bit. *Now* I know why people have been staring at > me...*blush* Well Amy, people were staring at you before that happened , you just didn't realize it! :) Matthew Ondrey Boba@tmbg.org >> >> ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333C0257.1C0B@mindless.com> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:39:35 -0500 From: Got Niven Subject: TMBG: NEW DIAL-A-SONG ONLINE WEB PAGE! Check it out.... http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/7315/ The song will change a couple of times per day. To go there, you need Netscape 2.X or 3.X (not 1.X or 4.X) which you can get from www.netscape.com and the RealAudio Plugin 3.0 or later for Netscape, which you can get from www.real.com by downloading RealAudio / RealPlayer 3.0 or later. Geocities is having a FEW problems lately...their web server has been going up and down and sometimes causing slow transfers, so if this stuff keeps up DAS-O may have to move elsewhere. But in the mean time, check it out! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333C0304.5394@mindless.com> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:42:28 -0500 From: Got Niven Subject: TMBG: New DIAL-A-SONG ONLINE Web page! Check it out.... http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/7315/ The song will change a couple of times per day. To go there, you need Netscape 2.X or 3.X (not 1.X or 4.X) which you can get from www.netscape.com and the RealAudio Plugin 3.0 or later for Netscape, which you can get from www.real.com by downloading RealAudio / RealPlayer 3.0 or later. Geocities is having a few problems lately...their web server has been going up and down and sometimes causing slow transfers, so if this stuff keeps up DAS-O may have to move elsewhere. But in the mean time, check it out! ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:45:35 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: NONTMBG: NONTMBGish : shirts/douglas adams Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 SquirlHead@aol.com wrote: > If there are five books then it's not a trilogy!!!!! > wrong, you are...its the increasingly inaccurately named hitchhiker trilogy...its always been referred to as that...i think im quoting that right at least...hmmm..dont have one of the books (of the trilogy) with me...hmmmmm shoehorn with mike teeth ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:52:26 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703281752.JAA25577@f10.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: Acronyms, an all too true name >Well, at least their names aren't Richard. That would >...'screw' us all up! oogh. What a scary thought... >Douglas Adams is damn damn damnitty great! I have to agree. I have loved the work of Douglas Adams since seventh grade. ( I notice that all of my TMBG buds like his work too. Coincidence? Or possibly a plot by Flans, Linny, and Dougie to take over the world...?) > > >Mike "I'm very uncomfortable about the booby thread." Leffel Anastasia "Gee, I wonder why" Hunt :) Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ###################################################### "I've been leaving on my things, so in the morning when the morningbird sings there's still dinner on my dinner jacket till the dinner bell rings":)TMBG Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:57:05 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703281757.JAA27824@f19.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: Acronyms/Song Abbreviations >Here's a techneique we can use that has always worked for me: (some people >may know where this came from...) > > SUPER SECRET CRYPTOGRAPHIC CYPHER CODE a lenghty list I will skip because I have some sense. From whence did this thread come anyway? J/W. >hehe... wasting space, wasting space You said it, bubba, not me.:) >-ec *SEH Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ###################################################### "I've been leaving on my things, so in the morning when the morningbird sings there's still dinner on my dinner jacket till the dinner bell rings":)TMBG Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:55:03 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) Why not use reasonable "set list abbreviations" instead? Like, a set list might read something like: ensor crane #3 mammal particle istanbul don't guitar sun extra nyquil end ... ... (for anyone wondering where I got the example from, this was the opening of the 10/18/94 Lisner Auditorium show that I was at) most of them are pretty logical.... usually the first word, or the most noticeable word of the title (i.e. Out of Jail becomes JAIL, not OUT, and She's an Angel becomes ANGEL, not SHE'S, etc) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703281816.NAA04416@hobbes.dtcc.edu> From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:33:35 -0500 > all this talk about color gaurd, but no one's mentioning marching band.... > what's wrong with you people.... -ec Marching Band is a given! Harlan Landes Music Instructor, University of Delaware Marching Band http://www.udel.edu/music/mb/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:32:22 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703281832.KAA10175@f29.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: Re: TMBG: They chests >I know for a fact that a lot of the time girls are way too modest >in that respect. THWAK!!!! Over the head, buster. > All I can say is "They Might Be >Giants"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >Don't let me make you feel violated. Um....dude....all I can say is, you're a guy and you don't know what it's like to be objectified as a brainless sex object because you just happen to be "top-heavy". (I do. And I'm learning to be proud of it.)Or better yet, to be made fun of because you're built more like a thirteen-year -old boy. I don't imagine you meant any harm, but such statements could piss someone off. Anastasia "No, I don't do porno flicks, you jerk" Hunt > >-Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) >!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >I've turned off my hearing aid >Don't say the electric chair's not good enough >for king-lazy-bones like myself > Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ###################################################### "I've been leaving on my things, so in the morning when the morningbird sings there's still dinner on my dinner jacket till the dinner bell rings":)TMBG Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333C10CF.1623@ou.edu> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:41:19 -0600 From: Heather Tinkler Organization: The University of Oklahoma Subject: TMBG: do do do do do Inspector Gadget Hey all- I've been thinking about this for a while.. but finally remembered to post it. Is there any interpretations of Mr. Klaw? I think I figured it out.. at least in my mind. Remember, kiddies, Inspector Gadget, Brain, Penny.. and the infamous Dr. Klaw!! (Evil laugh) and let's not forget Mad Cat. this is prob. really silly but I don't know.. soo tired.. Go go Gadget Jammies!! Heather ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:44:45 -0500 (EST) From: Dan Lee Subject: TMBG: ACRONYMS Message-ID: > Why not use reasonable "set list abbreviations" instead? Ah, finally, a voice of reason! Yes, yes, set list-type abbreviations. How does it help anyone to create a big list of acronyms? I doubt anyone wants to have to have to use a reference while reading e-mail. -Dan > Like, a set list might read something like: > > ensor > crane > #3 > mammal > particle > istanbul > don't > guitar > sun > extra > nyquil > end ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:45:01 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328134500_-602893204@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: NONTMBG: MP3 Problems--copyright I downloaded the JKP from FTP.TMBG.COM. I am trying to play it in AUDIOACTIVE, a MP3 player that I downloaded from www.mpeg3.com . When I try to play it, It says that the file (JKP) is copyrighted and therefore can not be played. Help! Joel ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:28:10 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328132808_479337820@emout04.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Sheet Music Does anyone know if TMB Productions is coming out with a sheet music collection or something? I would love to play Birdhouse. That would be cool. I know we allready have all the chords and stuff, but I want to play it on the piano. Joel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703281855.MAA05340@dfw-ix12.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: New DIAL-A-SONG ONLINE Web page! Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:54:02 -0800 stop posting an url that doesn't work ---------- > From: Got Niven > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: TMBG: New DIAL-A-SONG ONLINE Web page! > Date: Friday, March 28, 1997 9:42 AM > > Check it out.... > > http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/7315/ > > The song will change a couple of times per day. To go there, you need > Netscape 2.X or 3.X (not 1.X or 4.X) which you can get from > www.netscape.com and the RealAudio Plugin 3.0 or later for Netscape, > which you can get from www.real.com by downloading RealAudio / > RealPlayer 3.0 or later. > > Geocities is having a few problems lately...their web server has been > going up and down and sometimes causing slow transfers, so if this stuff > keeps up DAS-O may have to move elsewhere. But in the mean time, check > it out! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703281903.OAA37548@acs-mail.bu.edu> From: "wally" Subject: TMBG: boston show on may 5 @ avalon...any tapers? Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 14:00:00 -0500 I am going to the TMBG show at the Avalon in Boston on May 5. Is anybody else going...and more importantly, does anyone plan on taping it? I would love to set up a trade and get a hold of that show. If anyone anticipates taping it or trading for it, please let me know. Also, as a side note...has anyone ever traded with Malkav Appolonius? I sent him a bunch of tapes (some extra blanks for him to keep) to make me 3 shows that we agreed to through email conversations. This was almost 2 months ago, I still dont have my tapes and now he wont return my emails. Has anyone had any similar experience? Thanks! Wally Gobetz wallyg@bu.edu http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/8670 ========================================================================= caution: proper use of the brain is not endorsed by federal governments nor huge corporations involved in serious financial profit from a brainwashed and enslaved population. mild discomfort may occur as confusing independant thought challenges popular views around the world ------------------------------ From: Mooseful@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 14:10:17 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328141016_1485133060@emout08.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG : Lots and lots of stuff...Then, Coupland, blah blah Quoth "Harlan Landes" >> Two "me too" statements which I feel justified in making because this is >>a real post: <1> I'm color guard person number 3 here. Woo ha. >to raise my freak flag higher and higher...> >Hm... Are we counting floor crew for indoor colorguards? Then count me in. groovy. that would be... the university of delaware color guard, yes? never seen them but I'm sure they rock. =) So apparently there was an Independent A guard from Ohio called Nuance that did a TMBG show last year...I never saw them but if I ever found someone who did, that would be smooth...heard of them? ...the sullen moose Out of context line from "Soap" which is on right now: "There's a kink in our massage parlor operations." Moose laughs. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 14:16:34 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: boston show on may 5 @ avalon...any tapers? Message-ID: Maybe you mistyped or something ...but its the 5th of April. I just would hate to think of a TMBG fan standing outside Avalon on May 5th waiting for Them to drive up and Jewel pulls up instead. Id probably cry for years.... :) Katie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970328151125.0082c100@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:11:25 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Sheet Music yoel97@aol.com wrote: >Does anyone know if TMB Productions is coming out with a sheet music >collection or something? I would love to play Birdhouse. That would be >cool. I know we allready have all the chords and stuff, but I want to play >it on the piano. you could always play guitar chords on piano..... -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970328151151.00821c60@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:11:51 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget The subject made me think of something.... what if They were to do (cover) Inspector Gadget (the theme song)? would that be cool, or what! another pointless message, -ec ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:17:49 -0800 (PST) Message-Id: <199703282017.MAA04793@f12.hotmail.com> From: "Anastasia Hunt" Subject: TMBG: See ya Monday! I'm unsubscribing to the list until Monday. See you then. Anastasia Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) ###################################################### "I've been leaving on my things, so in the morning when the morningbird sings there's still dinner on my dinner jacket till the dinner bell rings":)TMBG Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 * --------------------------------------------------------- Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:26:41 -0500 (EST) From: Tom Hare Subject: Re: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget Message-ID: I would convulse and cry. * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Hare - It's not my birthday, so why do you lunge out at me? - TMBG tomhare@freenet3.scri.fsu.edu particle_man@tmbg.org hare@tmbg.org * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > The subject made me think of something.... > > what if They were to do (cover) Inspector Gadget (the theme song)? > > would that be cool, or what! > another pointless message, -ec > ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:30:10 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328153009_1053978388@emout11.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Acronyms/Song Abbreviations In a message dated 97-03-28 15:16:48 EST, blooey@hotmail.com (Anastasia Hunt) writes: << >Here's a techneique we can use that has always worked for me: (some people >may know where this came from...) > > SUPER SECRET CRYPTOGRAPHIC CYPHER CODE a lenghty list I will skip because I have some sense. From whence did this thread come anyway? J/W. >> I must take responsibility for this. although, I don't take responsibility for Evan's Great CRYPTOGRAPHIC CYPHER CODE or that title, for that matter. Joel "Threadful" Gedalius Joel "Threadful" Gedalius ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970328153338.0081bad0@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:33:38 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Acronyms/Song Abbreviations Yoel97@aol.com wrote: >I must take responsibility for this. >although, I don't take responsibility for Evan's Great CRYPTOGRAPHIC CYPHER >CODE or that title, for that matter. uh... I don't either.... i didn't make it.... -ec ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:37:10 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328153708_281739675@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: True Fans In a message dated 97-03-27 14:50:55 EST, blooey@hotmail.com (Anastasia Hunt) writes: << Ha. Ha. Seroiusly, tho, he's afraid to wear contact lenses because of his phobia about touching his eyeball. That's whaty he said in an info club newsletter.... mouse >> You know what? That's the reason I don't want to get contacts myself! Seriously! I'm scared of scratching my eye or something. Mabye I'm Flans' evil twin? Joel "Pushing his luck" Gedalius ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:39:38 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: Sheet Music Message-ID: > Does anyone know if TMB Productions is coming out with a sheet music > collection or something? I would love to play Birdhouse. That would be > cool. I know we allready have all the chords and stuff, but I want to play > it on the piano. > > Joel > you can play it on the piano if you know the melody and the chords--there's three ways (i can think of that is) to play piano --as written, which is where you play the note as they appear on the page; ear which is where you listen to it and then figure out the notes; and by chord, where you play the chord along with the highest keys of the melody--most sheet music is piano/guitar and those guitar chords that appear above the staff can be used on piano also...dont know if this was helpful in the slightest way, but ummm..yeah. shoehorn with teethmikes (it'd be funnier if my name was mark) { :) } ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:43:09 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re:non(well, maybe sort of i guess) TMBG: do do do do do Inspector , Gadget Message-ID: wasnt he Dr. Claw on inspector gadget though? hmmm..i dont know--i havent watched it in a while...i do find it funny that Gadget fights the evil forces of MAD though : Mothers Against Drunk Driving! :) shoehorn with teethmikes On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Heather Tinkler wrote: > Hey all- > I've been thinking about this for a while.. but finally > remembered to post it. > > Is there any interpretations of Mr. Klaw? I think I figured it out.. > at least in my mind. > > Remember, kiddies, Inspector Gadget, Brain, Penny.. and the infamous > Dr. Klaw!! (Evil laugh) and let's not forget Mad Cat. > > this is prob. really silly but I don't know.. soo tired.. > > Go go Gadget Jammies!! > > Heather > ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:48:31 -0500 From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget At 3:11 PM -0500 3/28/97, Evan Chakroff wrote: >The subject made me think of something.... > >what if They were to do (cover) Inspector Gadget (the theme song)? > >would that be cool, or what! ugh no, every other ska band does a cover of the Inspector Gadget, i don't think i could stand another cover of it, even if it was They doing it... Trippy ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:09:31 -0500 From: Trippy Subject: Re: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget >At 3:11 PM -0500 3/28/97, Evan Chakroff wrote: >>The subject made me think of something.... >> >>what if They were to do (cover) Inspector Gadget (the theme song)? >> >>would that be cool, or what! > >ugh no, every other ska band does a cover of the Inspector Gadget, i don't >think i could stand another cover of it, even if it was They doing it... > oops i didn't mean to imply that TMBG was a ska band... it was just a grammatical anomaly (sp?) Trippy ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:26:06 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328162606_-1269751477@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Sheet Music In a message dated 97-03-28 16:22:21 EST, chakroff@ee.net (Evan Chakroff) writes: << yoel97@aol.com wrote: >Does anyone know if TMB Productions is coming out with a sheet music >collection or something? I would love to play Birdhouse. That would be >cool. I know we allready have all the chords and stuff, but I want to play >it on the piano. you could always play guitar chords on piano..... -ec >> but what about the melody? Joel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703282059.PAA50278@acs-mail.bu.edu> From: "wally" Subject: Re: TMBG: boston show on march 5 @ avalon...any tapers? Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:57:32 -0500 Sorry. Katherine has corrected me. All those M months seem the same to me. So is anyone planning on taping the MARCH 5 show @ avalon in boston? Thank you every one. Thank you Katie. Wally Gobetz wallyg@bu.edu http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/8670 ========================================================================= caution: proper use of the brain is not endorsed by federal governments nor huge corporations involved in serious financial profit from a brainwashed and enslaved population. mild discomfort may occur as confusing independant thought challenges popular views around the world > Maybe you mistyped or something ...but its the 5th of April. I just would > hate to think of a TMBG fan standing outside Avalon on May 5th waiting > for Them to drive up and Jewel pulls up instead. Id probably cry for > years.... :) > > Katie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 28 Mar 97 18:02 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd >We thought about arranging a They song for marching band (of course it >would have been Particle Man or Istanbul), but somehow it didn't happen. That would be *so* cool! I remember last year Rockford and I tried to come up with a TMBG marching band show at band camp. We thought "Sleeping In the Flowers" would be slinkster cool. Kirsten (flute player for the Panther Marching Band) -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 28 Mar 97 18:14 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: TMBG: misc. t I feel kind of dumb. I just now today realized why the b-sides and singles compilation is called Miscelaneous T! I was at Camelot looking for the SEXXY single (only found the 3-song one) and I suddenly realized that the heading was "Micelaneous T." "Now why does that sound familiar?" I asked myself stupidly. Suddenly I yelled, "Miscellaneous T! I get it!" much to the embarassment of my pal Kristen. I also saw "Then," which looks incredibly cool, but I didn't have the $29.99. 'Sides, $29.99 seems a bit steep.. I can prolly get it cheaper somewhere else. Maybe if I'm *really* lucky New Moon Records'll get it used. Yeah right. ;) Kirsten -- "To sing, to laugh, to dream, to walk in my own way and be alone, free, with an eye to see things as they are.." - from _Cyrano de Bergerac_ Kirsten Brodbeck kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu AKA Crow AKA Brodie ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.16.19970328163031.502fc752@mail.cadvision.com> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 16:30:34 -0700 From: David Bryan Subject: Re: TMBG: do Inspector Gadget >what if They were to do (cover) Inspector Gadget (the theme song)? I can see (hear, that is) it now: Flans : I'll get you next time, Gadget, next time!!! Linnell : RRRRRROOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!!! -- "I'm not trying to make sense, I'm just talking." -John Flansburg http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/4584/ ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:49:04 -0500 (EST) From: Ann Priestman Subject: Re: TMBG: Sheet Music Message-id: On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 Yoel97@aol.com wrote: > but what about the melody? > You can usually figure it out with some trial and error. During a rather boring stretch of winter break, I wrote out the music to End of the Tour. Ann ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 19:34:10 -0500 (EST) From: Robert Mootrey u Subject: TMBG: DAS Message-ID: Hey, that Dial-A-Song page was pretty cool! Earlier today I listened to an acoustic version of "Unsupervised I Hit My Head"! But it doesn't seem to be there now--I wonder what happened to it. Anyway, Good Job! to [I forget that guy] who did the page! -Sean. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.16.19970324180634.21df78f8@mail.one.net> Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 18:06:34 From: Chris Combs Subject: TMBG: Istanbul live > I don't know of any shows where Istanbul was missing... at least not any > time after 1989. (I mean, they didn't play it in 1987...) It was not played om 5 December 1996 in Cincinnati. I don't remember hearing Birdhouse either, but it's written on the setlist, so I'll attribute that to the horrible people there who drew my attention away from the music. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Combs a.k.a. Piglet Goatboy formerly@assassinate -={MPFT}=- -={CAS}=- -={OINK!}=- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970328180138.007d8e90@pop.teleport.com> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 18:01:43 -0800 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: Re: singles >Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:32:49 -0500 (EST) >From: Lawrence P Solomon >Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 27-Mar-97 Re: TMBG: singles.... by >Bill Tatalovich@cec.wust >> Well, I can honestly say that every single tape of have of Them and every >> one of Their concerts that I've been to have contained "Istanbul", >> "Particle Man", and "Birdhouse." I suppose that's why I'm just sick and >> tired of these songs. I mean, if they played "She's an Angel" with that >> kind of regularity, I'd probably be sick of that too. Frankly, IMHO, They >> have retired the wrong songs.... > >They did not play Particle Man on 6/18/94 at Wolf Trap in VA. >They did not play Birdhouse on 10/18/92 at the Variety Arts Theatre in NYC. >I don't know of any shows where Istanbul was missing... at least not any >time after 1989. (I mean, they didn't play it in 1987...) They didn't play "Particle Man" at 11/16/96 in Portland, OR (although I doubt there's a tape of that show... too bad). >They used to play She's an Angel at pretty much every show - most of my >tapes from 1989-1994 have it. They stopped playing it in mid-1995. >Probably got sick of it. I expect it to come back fairly soon, >though... it's break will probably be about as long as they retired >Shoehorn with Teeth for (1993-1994) Haven't seen either of those, unfortunately. But I've only been to two shows. I just have my Live in NY cd to go from for "Angel", I guess. >They know people like it.... I found it odd that they didn't play >Twisting or Snail Shell at Metropol in Pittsburgh this past December... >they played Twisting during the sound check, but I think they ran out of >time during the show... They played "Twisting" at both Portland shows, last November and 3/11/97. I've seen that pop up in every live recording I've heard... of course, I don't have any pre-Apollo 18 tour live stuff. >there are now very few songs I've heard at every show I've been to... >let's see: Sun, Birdhouse, Istanbul, Particle, NyQuil, Sleeping, Ana Ng, >Guitar... No "Sun" (I actually think that one is finally being put to rest for awhile) or "NyQuil", "Sleeping", "Ana Ng" at the March show either. And no "Snail Shell". No real complaints though, except I did want to hear "Subliminal" and "Counterfeit Faker" again. I'm thinking some of those songs, especially "NyQuil" may have been retired (permanently or otherwise) with Brian Doherty's departure. >and if you don't count the time I saw them in October, 1994, you can add >a lot of the mini-tour/FS songs - Older, Spider, SEXXY, Sing, Polk. I really wish the mini-tour would have swung this way... I think not releasing so many songs was almost unfair. I like the new stuff a lot. >(also managed to hear one of the last concert performances of Maybe I >Know played on the accordion) Saw that in November. Very cool. I was surprised because the only version I had heard of that was from a '92 radio show. And now that they went off to Australia, they're playing "On The Drag" again. . Where's that FS sessions guy? Kerry ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: "Me" Subject: Re: TMBG: ACRONYMS (LONG) Date: Sat, 29 Mar 97 19:10:55 PST "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces" by Ben Folds Five, off their sophomore effort _Whatever and Ever Amen_, with special thanks to The Stranger for helping me to figure it out. What do I win? Short names are better than acronyms.... even if we post a gianormous chart that everyone now on the list prints out, what about those who join the list the next day? It took me days to figure out HCISLAG? (Or whatever that silly acronym is)... don't tax my brain any more please. This is getting long, Michelle ---------- | | In a message dated 97-03-28 12:13:06 EST, chakroff@ee.net (Evan Chakroff) | writes: | | << | (Searching the depths of obscurity, Evan comes up with today's non-tmbg | acronym challenge word! OAD&2SF and just for fun, a tmbg-related one also: | ISY) | >> | | ISY- International Space Year | no clue about the other | | Joel | ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: boston show on may 5 @ avalon...any tapers? Message-ID: <19970328.212420.4310.2.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:23:55 EST On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 14:16:34 -0500 (EST) Katherine Johnson writes: >Maybe you mistyped or something ...but its the 5th of April. I just >would >hate to think of a TMBG fan standing outside Avalon on May 5th waiting > >for Them to drive up and Jewel pulls up instead. Id probably cry for >years.... :) > >Katie > Hey, you don't have anything against Jewel do you? -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've turned off my hearing aid Don't say the electric chair's not good enough for king-lazy-bones like myself ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Message-ID: <19970328.212420.4310.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:23:55 EST On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:38:56 -0800 (PST) "'Lani' N Olson" writes: >On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Evan Chakroff wrote: > >> >> all this talk about color gaurd, but no one's mentioning marching >band.... >> what's wrong with you people.... -ec >> > >We thought about arranging a They song for marching band (of course it >would have been Particle Man or Istanbul), but somehow it didn't >happen. > > -Lani O:) Husky Clarinets '93-'95 and '97-? >lanio@u.washington.edu > _______________________________________________________________ > And the teenage boys did holler and the teenage girls did faint > When they saw the bone protruding from the varnish and the paint... > -Brian Dewan > --------------------------------------------------------------- > > > How many people think Snail Shell would work great for mardhing band? -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've turned off my hearing aid Don't say the electric chair's not good enough for king-lazy-bones like myself ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: They chests Message-ID: <19970328.212420.4310.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:23:55 EST Hey, don't get me wrong here. I'm not the steriotypical male "pig" that thinks women are not allowed to think. I have nothing but respect for all of you females out there. In fact, most of the girls I know are worse in that respect than the guys are. They always tell us what sick perverted pigs we are and we never say anything about girls in front of them. Then they think we are just delighted to know which guy they think has a great butt Even some of the girls I've gone out with were like that! Hey, when I have been at people's houses with a bunch of guys and girls and we are watching a movie, the guys always keep their mouths shut when there is a hot/nude woman on screen because we have the sence to know we are in the presence of the oppisite sex. But whenever Tom Cruise shows up on the screen all the girls go crazy and say how incredibly hot he is, in front of all the guys. This wouldn't offend me so much if they stopped telling us what uncivilized animals we are. All I'm saying is, for all of you militant feminists out there, practice what you preach. This whole war between the sexes is stupid and should stop! I'm sorry if I've pissed off anyone who only wants to read about TMBG, but I had to get this off my chest (no pun intended). -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've turned off my hearing aid Don't say the electric chair's not good enough for king-lazy-bones like myself On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:32:22 -0800 (PST) "Anastasia Hunt" writes: > >>I know for a fact that a lot of the time girls are way too modest >>in that respect. > >THWAK!!!! Over the head, buster. >> All I can say is "They Might Be >>Giants"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>Don't let me make you feel violated. > >Um....dude....all I can say is, you're a guy and you don't know what >it's like >to be objectified as a brainless sex object because you just happen to >be >"top-heavy". (I do. And I'm learning to be proud of it.)Or better yet, >to be >made fun of because you're built more like a thirteen-year -old boy. I >don't >imagine you meant any harm, but such statements could piss someone >off. >Anastasia "No, I don't do porno flicks, you jerk" Hunt >> >>-Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) >>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>I've turned off my hearing aid >>Don't say the electric chair's not good enough >>for king-lazy-bones like myself >> > > > Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. > (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) > ###################################################### > >"I've been leaving on my things, so in the morning when >the morningbird sings >there's still dinner on my dinner jacket >till the dinner bell rings":)TMBG >Visit the MouseHouse! http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Towers/2900 > > > > >--------------------------------------------------------- >Get Your *Web-Based* Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com >--------------------------------------------------------- > ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:38:29 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328213829_-1872662183@emout12.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Wowee Zowee! << Hey, um... that guy that had the Factory Showroom studio sessions.... you should... uh... DEFINATELY NOT Record some of those unreleased songs and then NOT encode them with a WIDELY AVAILABLE mp3 encoder. No, DO NOT do anything like that... -ec >> Guess what I'm absoluetly NOT going to do? I mean, there's this guy here holding a gun to my head saying "Do it", but as soon as he leaves, I'm going to focus all of my energy and resources into NOT doing that. Expect to NOT hear from me about these very nonexistent mp3's very soon. P.S. I have loads of .mp3's! Even one of Cub singing NYC! Even one of The Creams singing "Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes"!! -Kamesennin aka Geoff Sondergard ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:15:07 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: color guard Message-ID: > groovy. that would be... the university of delaware > color guard, yes? never seen them but I'm sure they rock. =) > So apparently there was an Independent A guard from Ohio called Nuance that > did a TMBG show last year...I never saw them but if I ever found someone who > did, that would be smooth...heard of them? Well, I guess I'm one of the few that has actually heard of Nuance, and for that matter seen them perform (for that matter, I think some alumni from my high school are in it, but that's a different story, and not even necessarily true). But that's a winter guard...that's different. I mean, my high school's winter guard did REM one year, Tori Amos another year, and Pulp Fiction last year (I think it was last year...). Yeah...."It's the End of the World as We Know it (AIFF)" done by a winter guard? It worked. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:39:27 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: marching bands, Then (long) Message-ID: Hey, I don't post twice immediately very often, so cut me some slack. A lot of people have been talking about a TMBG marching band show. I've thought about this a lot in the past, but never though it was feasible. I'll show you how, using my old high school's marching band as an example. Okay, the instrumentation of my marching band was as follows. It's a little different from most, but it's what we used: flutes (I and II) clarinets (I, II, III) alto sax (I and II) tenor sax (I and II) bari sax trumpets (I, II, III) trombones (I and II) baritones mellophones/flugel horns tubas snares, toms, bass drums pit-----asst'd percussion (congas, etc.) bass guitar guitar keyboard Okay, looking at that, you see that there are thirteen different pitched parts. Counting parts within a section, you have 21 different parts. But the problem is that the average TMBG song (we'll use "No One Knows My Plan" as an example...it has more parts than most TMBG songs) doesn't have that many parts. NOKMP contains: vocal trumpet bari sax trombone bass guitar drums asst'd latin percussion We're talking about one vocal line (that repeats annoyingly if it's just music, and no words), and one line for horns that just repeats over and over in the song. There's just not enough musical "stuff" there to make it feasible....it sucks, don't it? But hey...there's always jazz ensembles. Trumpets, saxes, and trombones, along with the usual rhythm section. I meant to transcribe "Dirt Bike" my senior year for my jazz ensemble, but never got around to it. We must bring Them to the masses somehow, my fellow Johns!!! (heheheh) Okay, enough of my rambling....see ya later. Actually, one more thing. I finally bought T:TEY today, and I'm happy. You see, I've never owned a first-generation copy of the self-titled album (how can you people single out Truth or Sandwiches? there's so many words on that cover), Misc. T, or Lincoln, so it has filled out my collection. I, for one, can hear the subtle differences in remixing/cleaning up, and I'm happy with that too. As to the new tracks...they're pretty good. The Critic Intro and the Kitten Intro are funny as hell!!!! Why didn't anyone tell me? Okay...congratulations for reaching the bottom of this post without falling asleep. See ya. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu "They Might Be Giants are NOT satanists...." ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: marching bands, Then (long) Message-ID: <19970328.230444.4030.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 23:04:24 EST On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 21:39:27 -0600 (CST) Bill Tatalovich writes: > >Hey, I don't post twice immediately very often, so cut me some slack. >A >lot of people have been talking about a TMBG marching band show. I've >thought about this a lot in the past, but never though it was >feasible. >I'll show you how, using my old high school's marching band as an >example. > >Okay, the instrumentation of my marching band was as follows. It's a >little different from most, but it's what we used: > flutes (I and II) > clarinets (I, II, III) > alto sax (I and II) > tenor sax (I and II) > bari sax > trumpets (I, II, III) > trombones (I and II) > baritones > mellophones/flugel horns > tubas > snares, toms, bass drums > pit-----asst'd percussion (congas, etc.) > bass guitar > guitar > keyboard >Okay, looking at that, you see that there are thirteen different >pitched >parts. Counting parts within a section, you have 21 different parts. >But >the problem is that the average TMBG song (we'll use "No One Knows My >Plan" as an example...it has more parts than most TMBG songs) doesn't >have >that many parts. NOKMP contains: > vocal > trumpet > bari sax > trombone > bass > guitar > drums > asst'd latin percussion >We're talking about one vocal line (that repeats annoyingly if it's >just >music, and no words), and one line for horns that just repeats over >and >over in the song. There's just not enough musical "stuff" there to >make >it feasible....it sucks, don't it? > >But hey...there's always jazz ensembles. Trumpets, saxes, and >trombones, >along with the usual rhythm section. I meant to transcribe "Dirt >Bike" my >senior year for my jazz ensemble, but never got around to it. We must >bring Them to the masses somehow, my fellow Johns!!! (heheheh) Okay, >enough of my rambling....see ya later. > >Actually, one more thing. I finally bought T:TEY today, and I'm >happy. >You see, I've never owned a first-generation copy of the self-titled >album >(how can you people single out Truth or Sandwiches? there's so many >words >on that cover), Misc. T, or Lincoln, so it has filled out my >collection. >I, for one, can hear the subtle differences in remixing/cleaning up, >and >I'm happy with that too. As to the new tracks...they're pretty good. >The >Critic Intro and the Kitten Intro are funny as hell!!!! Why didn't >anyone >tell me? > >Okay...congratulations for reaching the bottom of this post without >falling asleep. See ya. > >Bill Tatalovich >wt3@cec.wustl.edu > >"They Might Be Giants are NOT satanists...." > > > O, ye of little faith. It could work, and just to prove you wrong I'm going to try! Actually I probably won't because I'm too damn lazy. But anyway, what instrument do you play? I play trumpet in the marching band, symphonic band, pep band and jazz ensemble, and violin in the orchestra. I'm also in an the Baldwin Wallace Senior Youth Orchestra and an All Star jazz ensemble at Tri-C. Enough about me, what about you? ------------------------------ From: LeviAdams@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 23:18:55 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328231855_-1068701763@emout20.mail.aol.com> Subject: Non-TMBG: ramblings (Was: They chests) everyone's objectified.. many people actually seem to *strive* to mean something as an idea as opposed to meaning something as an actual human being, so they can rest securely in the knowledge that their self has been established as something that they wish to be, even if it's not who they really are.. as long as it's beneficial to them, they'll usually be happy with it. many times it's only when they don't like what they're being considered as that they end up getting upset about it... everyone puts up with the all-too-familiar facts of the way people act... it's only the details that change. i think we should all just learn to realize this, stop whining about how no one can understand how we feel, and be happy :) hehe.. sorry, just had to throw in my silly li'l thoughts ;) -Levi << Hey, don't get me wrong here. I'm not the steriotypical male "pig" that thinks women are not allowed to think. I have nothing but respect for all of you females out there. In fact, most of the girls I know are worse in that respect than the guys are. They always tell us what sick perverted pigs we are and we never say anything about girls in front of them. Then they think we are just delighted to know which guy they think has a great butt Even some of the girls I've gone out with were like that! Hey, when I have been at people's houses with a bunch of guys and girls and we are watching a movie, the guys always keep their mouths shut when there is a hot/nude woman on screen because we have the sence to know we are in the presence of the oppisite sex. But whenever Tom Cruise shows up on the screen all the girls go crazy and say how incredibly hot he is, in front of all the guys. This wouldn't offend me so much if they stopped telling us what uncivilized animals we are. All I'm saying is, for all of you militant feminists out there, practice what you preach. This whole war between the sexes is stupid and should stop! I'm sorry if I've pissed off anyone who only wants to read about TMBG, but I had to get this off my chest (no pun intended). -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've turned off my hearing aid Don't say the electric chair's not good enough for king-lazy-bones like myself On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:32:22 -0800 (PST) "Anastasia Hunt" writes: > >>I know for a fact that a lot of the time girls are way too modest >>in that respect. > >THWAK!!!! Over the head, buster. >> All I can say is "They Might Be >>Giants"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>Don't let me make you feel violated. > >Um....dude....all I can say is, you're a guy and you don't know what >it's like >to be objectified as a brainless sex object because you just happen to >be >"top-heavy". (I do. And I'm learning to be proud of it.)Or better yet, >to be >made fun of because you're built more like a thirteen-year -old boy. I >don't >imagine you meant any harm, but such statements could piss someone >off. >Anastasia "No, I don't do porno flicks, you jerk" Hunt >> >>-Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) >>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! >!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>I've turned off my hearing aid >>Don't say the electric chair's not good enough >>for king-lazy-bones like myself >> > > > Another annoying message from Saint Ana the Suave Prod. > (Anastasia Eve Hunt- I swear it's My real Name!!!) > ###################################################### >> ------------------------------ From: Christi587@aol.com Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 23:21:52 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970328232150_-1604506516@emout10.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Return of the OMLT Goddess Hi, all... your faithful OMLT Goddess is back... Shh! Don't tell my shoes I'm here. I am not supposed to touch the computer until I can go for a day without mentioning you-know-who. At that rate, however, I could be technology-deprived until I long after the 2040 World Tour. So I slipped out and I expect I'll have a few minutes before Left finds me and drags me back to be beaten. Anyway, in case anyone asks... I was never here and I never wrote this message and I never went to the tropical island, though everybody says they saw me there!! OK? Here's a few facts which could be told in one or two sentences, but then they wouldn't be any fun: On Monday, I left for a tour of approximately 117,183,876,962,536,937 colleges in the New Yorkish area. My cousin Allison (at whose abode we were staying every night, thus sparing me the added torture of having to share a hotel room with my parents) showed me pictures from her class trip to NYC. I could barely contain my yawning until she reached a photo which actually inter ested me: it was a nearly literal hole in the wall, covered in rather imaginative graffiti and a scruffy awning that read in faint and flowery lettering, "CBGB". Of course, I promptly forgot to ask for the duplicate copy, but since my dad left his shoes at her house and we have to call back anyway, I plan to ask for a copy of this magical photograph which features one of TMBG's earliest clubs. I will not mention the fact that I forgot to call Dial-a-Song when I was in Brooklyn and it would have been a free call. I arrived home late yesterday with eyes glazed over from reading college guides and a stiff neck from smiling and nodding politely at billions of tour guides. I glanced through the gargantuan pile of mail which had kindly been collected by our neighbors and deposited on the kitchen table. Evidently, I forgot to check the "Do not give out my scores so that my mailbox will be stuffed with mailings from every little crap college and his brother" box on the PSAT, because the pile was 95% big, glossy brochures from, well, every little crap college and his brother. (I got 2 from the USMA, probably because my dad went there. "If you go to West Point, we'll give you the $30,000 a year we would have spent on college!" said my dad hopefully. "If you invested wisely, you'd be a millionaire!... by the time you worked off your 6-year debt in the army." (He said that last part rather quickly.) "Yeah, dad. I want to spend 10 years of my life doing pushups and getting yelled at by misogynist homophobes.") I threw away the USMA glossy and opened the next brochure in the pile. "Saint Joseph's -- Philadelphia's Jesuit University!" Oh, sounds like a barrel of fun. This was a more typical brochure: under the large heading "Making A Good World Better," some upper-middle-class prepsters smiled as they walked through the autumn leaves to their classes which, it appeared, were held exclusively outdoors. But what's this? The guy on the far right is wearing a TMBG shirt! Yes! And it's one of the ones they don't sell in concert! Wow! He must get the info club newsletter! I danced around the kitchen table with glee, to the confusion of my parents. (Now if only the TMBG-clad guy would beat to death the prep girl opposite him wearing the sorority shirt... now *that* would be Making a Good World Better!) Please direct your angry comments about the army not being full of misogynist homophobes to this address: Christi587@aol.com. I promise not to laugh too loudly. Yes, I did pick up a copy of Then on my way home (FREE, thanks to a Xmas gift certificate to Sam Goody's... last copy in the store, baby!). I got in a few listens before the shoes discovered me and forced me away from the CD player. I will not bore you all to death with my delight at the numerous pictures of youthful, *fine*-looking Johns, but I will say how much the remastering improves the first album. It becomes especially apparent if you turn up the volume and bass on your stereo and lie with your head directly between the speakers. (A few caffeinated beverages don't hurt the experience, either) >-Mismi "don't try to deny it, Linnell is having sex with his wife >Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!" rilda I am not quite sure what painful method of death is appropriate for anyone who brings this up, but I'm sure I'll think of it soon, and I'm sure it will involve household appliances. And at least one broom. OMLTs, OMLTs, OMLTs. Get them while they're hot. Or something. Send FINAL ORDERS to Christi587@aol.com or christy@tmbg.org or just drop by my house and knock. If ordering by e-mail, include: --Number, size of shirts --Name and address for shipping --E-mail address used most --shameless flattery (hey, it can't hurt) Hurry up, people. I only have 60ish orders out of the 100 you promised me. You hvae little more than a week before I go to the company. --Christy P.S. If anyone attends any of the following schools and you really feel like telling me what you think of them, that probably wouldn't hurt: New College of USF, Sarah Lawrence, Vassar, Grinnell, Eugene Lang, Bard, Beloit, Hampshire , Columbia, Bennington, Emerson... uh, or anywhere else you think is cool. Yeah. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 23:21:05 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: Between: The Middle Years! Elektra has just announced the upcoming release of They Might Be Giants: Between: The Middle Years, containing tracks from 1990-1993. It will be a two disc set: Disc 1: 1. Theme from Flood 2. Birdhouse in Your Soul 3. Lucky Ball & Chain 4. Istanbul (not Constantinople) 5. Dead 6. Your Racist Friend 7. Particle Man 8. Twisting 9. We Want a Rock 10. Someone Keeps Moving My Chair 11. Hearing Aid 12. Minimum Wage 13. Letterbox 14. Whistling in the Dark 15. Hot Cha 16. Women & Men 17. Sapphire Bullets of Pure Love 18. They Might Be Giants 19. Road Movie to Berlin 20. James K. Polk 21. Stormy Pinkness 22. Ant 23. We Just Go Nuts at Christmastime 24. Esperanto Particle Man 25. Birdhouse in Your Soul (original Dial-a-Song version) 26. I Might Be Giants, Too 27. Hearing Aid (demo version) 28. 1990 WXRT Radio Introduction Disc 2: 1. Dig My Grave 2. I Palindrome I 3. She's Actual Size 4. My Evil Twin 5. Mammal 6. The Statue Got Me High 7. Spider 8. The Guitar 9. Dinner Bell 10. Narrow Your Eyes 11. Hall of Heads 12. Which Describes How You're Feeling 13. See the Constellation 14. If I Wasn't Shy 15. Turn Around 16. Hypnotist of Ladies 17. Fingertips 38. Space Suit 39. Welcome to the Jungle 40. I Blame You 41. Moving to the Sun 42. Cabbagetown 43. Siftin 44. Larger than Life 45. Why Does the Sun Shine? 46. Jessica 47. Whirlpool 48. Spy 49. Don't Make Me Kill You Again (Ondine) 50. Bread Hair 51. The Guitar (even further outer planets mix) 52. Ladies & Gentlemen (Apollo 18 Tour Intro) 53. School Children singing I Should Be Allowed to Think expect it in stores by Fall, 1997.... if you read this far....... then stay tuned for Now: The Current Years, containing tracks from John Henry and Factory Showroom, along with more School Children singing S-E-X-X-Y. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970328233801.00824880@mail.ee.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 23:38:01 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: NonTMBG: marching band rock (long) Bill Tatalovich wrote: > >Okay, the instrumentation of my marching band was as follows. It's a >little different from most, but it's what we used: >Okay, looking at that, you see that there are thirteen different pitched >parts. Counting parts within a section, you have 21 different parts. But >the problem is that the average TMBG song (we'll use "No One Knows My Well, you could always combine parts, have just one trombone part instead of two. Also, a lot of times (although not in better music, usually) parts will be mirrored, tenor saxes will have the same part as baritones, Now, I'll begin rambling: The percussion is really no problem, because it takes the whole drum line to reproduce one drum set. (Unless you have drum sets in the pit, which I've seen). When translating rock to marching band, a lot of times guitar parts will go to the brass, even when there's a guitar in the pit (which is mostly used for special "guitar-only" effects). The bass parts usually go to tubas, and baritones/trombones get harmony vocals, sometimes bass parts. If the original song has strings (straying off tmbg here) then they can be done on electronic keyboard. As for melody vocals, they are often not annoying and repeating, or you could have a singer and instruments in unison. As for solos, a cool guitar solo can be easily replaced by a cool trumpet solo (or a baritone solo :) marching band humor... actually, we had a baritone soli two years ago...) Or, you can just have lots of people playing each part and get REALLY FREAKIN LOUD! -ec, demonstrating my marching band expertise, or lack thereof (PS- me: trombone/baritone hs junior next year - marching band rules!) (PPS- my band did Pink Floyd: The Wall last year, and it translated pretty well.) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703290459.WAA17015@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:33:58 -0600 > > > all this talk about color gaurd, but no one's mentioning marching > band.... > > what's wrong with you people.... -ec > > Marching Band is a given! > > Harlan Landes > Music Instructor, University of Delaware Marching Band > http://www.udel.edu/music/mb/ Although I have no animosity towards the bands of marchers, I live right next door to a field where one plays every morning..and way before I have to get up. Mike "REALLY tired of the School Theme Song" Leffel ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333C91AF.4002@geocities.com> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 20:51:11 -0700 From: vlad_drakul Subject: TMBG: Graham Graham sorta pisses me off... I was in a way-up seat (this was at the Nov. 17 FS Tour concert in Seattle) and I could BARELY make out Their faces... AND GRAHAM JUST HID! He was sitting WAY, WAY back there in the shadows. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333CBB45.759F@swbell.net> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 22:48:37 -0800 From: Hezbollah Harry Organization: the Legitimate Businessmen's Club of Sugar Land Subject: TMBG: Uttlerly Non-TMBG. Beware. Ska involved. EVERYONE watch mtv's (ok, they're evil, but let's move on) 120 minutes this sunday night!!! They're debuting Less Than Jake's new video, which includes an animated character drawn by my super-cool friend Peter. Dat's it, Yosh ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: I'm an idiot Message-ID: <19970329.005225.4446.1.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 00:52:40 EST To Anastasia and Brooksie and anyone else I might have offended, don't take me too seriously. I didn't mean to upset anyone. Brooksie, you're right, this does not concern anyone on this list, so I'm sorry. Making generalizations is wrong and I'll be the first to admit that. From now on I will contribute nothing more to anything that has to do with "They:chests". -Evan (not too bright sometimes) Kleve ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 01:33:41 -0500 (EST) From: "Harlan L. Landes" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Color Gaurd Message-ID: On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Mike Leffel wrote: > > Marching Band is a given! > > > Although I have no animosity towards the bands of marchers, > I live right next door to a field where one plays every morning..and > way before I have to get up. What I love is the fact that in the lease for the apartment complex by our practice field, it warns the person about the marching band during saturday mornings in the fall... -- Harlan Landes (spike@udel.edu) -- President: MENC Collegiate Chapter #286 -- University of Delaware -- General Education Officer: Phi Mu Alpha -- http://tamos.gmu.edu/~harlan/ -- ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-88 *****************************