Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-90 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 90 Monday, 31 March 1997 Today's Topics: TMBG: taping newbie Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise TMBG: hope def Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise RE: TMBG: Return of the OMLT Goddess TMBG: Re: Acronyms and Royce TMBG: MP3 INFO TMBG: Administrative issues. Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise Re: TMBG: hope def Re: TMBG: list #3-82 TMBG: Public Service Announcement TMBG: Good Sons on Then Re: TMBG: Good Sons on Then TMBG: Re:They chests TMBG: :( TMBG:help w/DAS page TMBG: Doris TMBG: EEEEEW! Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise TMBG: Re:They chests (fwd) TMBG: Re: taping newbie TMBG: nonTMBG nothing too related, but.. TMBG: taping newbie Re: TMBG: nonTMBG nothing too related, but.. TMBG: Fight the powers that be Re: TMBG: Fight the powers that be TMBG: Here is a list of MP3 sites! (LONG!) Re: TMBG: marching bands, Then (long) TMBG: misc. stuff TMBG: #TMBG on chatnet TMBG: MP3's TMBG: Linnell No.5 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 02:43:54 -0600 (CST) From: Bill Tatalovich Subject: TMBG: taping newbie Message-ID: Hey all-- I'm wondering if any of you out there could give me some help. You see, I've been thinking about starting to tape shows that I go to, but I'm not sure about one thing....what to record with. Sounds stupid, I know, but that's me. Would any of you happen to know a good recorder (analog or DAT...doesn't really matter, I guess) that I could get relatively cheap, and soon? You know, point me in the direction of a store, or a person with a used recorder or something like that? Any help sent to me privately would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot. See ya. Bill Tatalovich wt3@cec.wustl.edu ------------------------------ From: Yoel97@aol.com Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 07:57:47 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970330075746_1252432740@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise In a message dated 97-03-30 01:29:47 EST, wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) writes: << Ok, i've been using MP3's like crazy, and downloaded half the tmbg.com /incoming/misc directory (all the stuff i dont have) and i now have 40 megs of MP3s. Anyway, i found a search engine that searches mp3 sites and the results were about like this (only the first 100 reults): About %60 of the sites had Istambul. About %45 had Particle man About %75 Had both of those about %30 had those and Birdhouse then there was a couple decent ones - one that has half of Factory Showroom and one that actually had stuff from all the albums (about 40 songs from pink - lincoln, a bit of flood), and one had about half of flood. SUPER-SECRET-TRIVIA-QUESTION!!!!! (as if we didnt know) what are the most popular TMBG album, and most popular songs? -Wyatt " i like mp3's " Glodell >> TELL!!!!! WHAT SEARCH ENGINE???? Joel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970330104330.007c8be0@mail.ee.net> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 10:43:30 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: TMBG: hope def Aaron Cohen wrote: >"I'm Def" is a little longer on the Statue single and the demo tape. It >says "Can we do that?" and "Why don't you leave a message?" at the end. >Speaking of bonus tracks being cut shorter, I like the unexpected cutoff of >"I Hope that I Get Old Before I Die" but I don't think "I'm Def" should >have been shortened. Does anyone know if any of the other bonus tracks were >trimmed down? I think "Mainstream U.S.A" might have been. > I like the cutoff on Hope, but I don't think it's a very good lead-in to Def. And why would they cut off parts, anyway? They were'nt that pressaed for space. (Both CDs have a few more minutes they could've put music in) -ec ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19970330105037.0082bd90@mail.ee.net> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 10:50:37 -0500 From: Evan Chakroff Subject: Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise At 11:33 PM 3/29/97 -0600, Wyatt Glodell wrote: > Ok, i've been using MP3's like crazy, and downloaded half the >tmbg.com /incoming/misc directory (all the stuff i dont have) and i now >have 40 megs of MP3s. Anyway, i found a search engine that searches mp3 >sites and the results were about like this (only the first 100 reults): > only 40 megs? :) I have about 70 from the last two days... > About %60 of the sites had Istambul. > About %45 had Particle man > About %75 Had both of those > about %30 had those and Birdhouse I saw one that had Destination Moon, and that's all. (No istanbul/particle) and, I found one search engine, could you point me to any others? -Evan "I use mp3s to listen to songs that I don't have on cd, mainly Hard-to-find TMBG EPs, I don't download entire CDs, because I'm not cheap and because it takes up lots of valuable hard drive space, and besides, If I like a band, and their CD isn't hard to find, I BUY IT!" Chakroff ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703301552.JAA09151@dfw-ix13.ix.netcom.com> From: "Charles Box" Subject: Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 07:51:02 -0800 If you follow enough of the various mp3 links around (they have them at most mp3 sites, a page of links, ad nauseum), there will enevitably be one linked to this site: http://128.113.165.38/mp3/mp3search.html that searches the well-known mp3 archives for you, as far as I know.... although I personally have never downloaded from any of these sites or encoded a mp3 file directly off of my cd-rom drive or through the in-jack of my sound card from cassette with no "detectable" loss of quality or... ::shrug:: ---------- > From: Yoel97@aol.com > To: wglodell@baraboo.com; tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise > Date: Sunday, March 30, 1997 4:57 AM > > In a message dated 97-03-30 01:29:47 EST, wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt > Glodell) writes: > > << Ok, i've been using MP3's like crazy, and downloaded half the > tmbg.com /incoming/misc directory (all the stuff i dont have) and i now > have 40 megs of MP3s. Anyway, i found a search engine that searches mp3 > sites and the results were about like this (only the first 100 reults): > > About %60 of the sites had Istambul. > About %45 had Particle man > About %75 Had both of those > about %30 had those and Birdhouse > then there was a couple decent ones - one that has half of Factory > Showroom and one that actually had stuff from all the albums (about 40 songs > from pink - lincoln, a bit of flood), and one had about half of flood. > > > SUPER-SECRET-TRIVIA-QUESTION!!!!! > > (as if we didnt know) what are the most popular TMBG album, and most popular > songs? > > -Wyatt " i like mp3's " Glodell >> > > TELL!!!!! WHAT SEARCH ENGINE???? > > Joel > ------------------------------ From: Callagha@NORTHRYDE.VODAFONE.vodafone.telememo.au Date: 30 Mar 1997 14:46:49 +1000 Message-ID: <000C8A78.MAI*/S=Callagha/O=VODAFONE/OU=NORTHRYDE/PRMD=vodafone/ADMD=telememo/C=au@MHS> Subject: RE: TMBG: Return of the OMLT Goddess OMLTs, OMLTs, OMLTs. Get them while they're hot. Or something. Send FINAL ORDERS to Christi587@aol.com or christy@tmbg.org or just drop by my house and knock. If ordering by e-mail, include: --Number, size of shirts --Name and address for shipping --E-mail address used most --shameless flattery (hey, it can't hurt) Hurry up, people. I only have 60ish orders out of the 100 you promised me. You hvae little more than a week before I go to the company. --Christy Woo hoo!!!! # and Size: 1 Shirt, XL Name and Address: Andrew Callaghan, 76 Manns Rd, Narara NSW Australia 2250 Email Address: wombat@hartingdale.com.au Flattery: Your spelling is really good today :) (hehe) Good luck college hunting, by the way. FYI: Macquarie University here in Syaney, Australia is a really good one. (The bar is pretty cheap too.) Just thought you might like to know that Andrew Callaghan ------------------------------ Date: 30 Mar 1997 16:08:32 GMT From: "Royce M Lee" Message-ID: <01bc3d24$af83d1e0$LocalHost@mobile> Organization: Parvenu Design Subject: TMBG: Re: Acronyms and Royce > As for Royce. Does anyone else feel like his incredible TMBG journey should be > put > on the "unofficial" web page (all 5-6 parts) for future reference. It has to be > one of the best concert experiences I have ever heard and best displays of the > dedication of a "rabid" TMBG fan. When a new fan reads it they might realize > that there is a lot more to this band than just that song about old New York, > especially because someone has gone to such great lengths to see them. Just a > thought. > Why, thank you Erik, glad you enjoyed it. I should get my photo's all back soon, and will post the good 'uns to tmbg.org If it is ok, if anything was to be done about keeping my posts, I would like the opportunity to slightly edit them. I left out a heap of great stuff, and have had time to mull over the experience and can make more insightful comments about my trip. Cheers -- Royce M. Lee parvenu@b022.aone.net.au (please note my new address) This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS. Well, not really :-) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199703301653.KAA03147@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "Mike Leffel" Subject: TMBG: MP3 INFO Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 10:44:55 -0600 If anybody could email me some places to find these magical mp3's that WORK (I have not had fun with what I've tried. Sigh.) I would be as bouncy as a rodent fetus on the blessed egg coloring day that is now. Mike "Thank you" Leffel maleffel@ncfcomm.com ------------------------------ From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199703301724.MAA15714@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: Administrative issues. Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 12:24:27 -0500 (EST) 1 Some of you may have noticed a new logo on www.tmbg.org. So far I've gotten 1 complement and one complaint about it. I ask two things: If you have a strong opinion one way or the other e-mail me. I need input to know what all the net.people think. Also, if you have a better logo, make it and e-mail me. We did this before and never came up with something good. I think the current one is not a very good logo. 2 A misconfiguration of the ftp servers (ftp.tmbg.org and ftp.tmbg.com) was allowing people to do things they should not have been allowed to do. These problems have been corrected and I'm sure will disappoint the people who were exploiting them. 3 I have found a huge number of mail addresses bouncing on the lists recently, and as a result I will be unsubscribing a large number of problem addresses over the next day or so. Thanks! -- Leo Bicknell - TMBG List Admin - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org System Administrator / Network Technician bicknell@ufp.org - bicknell@vt.edu - bicknell@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19970330173456.0068d578@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 12:34:56 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise At 07:57 AM 3/30/97 -0500, you wrote: > >TELL!!!!! WHAT SEARCH ENGINE???? There are several out there, but they all seem to refer to the same server... Here's one: http://www.ctaz.net/~cphilo/mp3.htm TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-Hoo, and more! ctyner@awod.com O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 12:53:55 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: hope def Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 30-Mar-97 TMBG: hope def by Evan Chakroff@ee.net > I like the cutoff on Hope, but I don't think it's a very good lead-in to Well, they should have continued with the cut off: "(Gm)shirt...... (D)shirt....... (Dm)shirt...... (C#m)shirt...... Em.........Somebody's readin' your mind......." wait, nevermind that. :) (I'm not quite sure about all those chords, either) the "alternate version" is essentially the version they used to play in concert, except the concert version was faster, had guitar, and ended the way I described (although they didn't always lead into Cage & Aquarium with it... only sometimes) (note that the picture of the setlist given in the booklet has HOPE / CAGE written on it. that was common in 1988) ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 13:45:30 -0500 (EST) From: Katherine Johnson Subject: Re: TMBG: list #3-82 Message-ID: both have brown eyes On Sat, 29 Mar 1997, I have no Name wrote: > Woohoo!!! J&J PEZ dispensers!!!! (i already have a collection of about 65 > pez machines at the moment) > > sorry to add to the thread! > > RANDOM QUESTION OF THE DAY!: > What color are J&J's eyes?? (and i don't want to hear any "i > think" or "i'm pretty sure" or "blue eyes are the best..." (we > all know that)) > > No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful, > Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful, > they want what they're not and I wish they would stop.... > JODA > ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 11:27:34 -0800 (PST) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: Public Service Announcement Message-ID: Hey all you Bay Area people (specifically, South Bay denizens)-- Rasputin Records, on Bascom Ave. in San Jose, has two copies of the Istanbul single in stock. Get 'em while they're crunchy! --nicole the wonder nerd *** "If it wasn't for disappointment, I wouldn't have any appointments." --They Might Be Giants Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu carlsonn@cs.ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 14:41:21 -0500 (EST) From: Justin Higgins Subject: TMBG: Good Sons on Then Message-ID: Aside from the fact that is kind of weird to be disappointed in Then just cause you have heard most of the songs (what did you think you were buying?) I am kind of surprised that it has as many good bonus tracks as it does. In particular, I like: 1. Now That I Have Everything 2. Hope That I Get Old Before I Die 3. I'm Def 4. Weep Day 5. The Big Big Whoredom 6. I'm Gettin' Sentimental Over You 7. Become a Robot 8. Counterfeit Fake And I think Critic Intro, 85 Radio Special Thank You and Kitten Intro are also very much worth it. So heck, thats 11 good tracks, a little more if you like some of the other bonus tracks, or if you can figure out what Doris Cunningham is for. As it is, I'm also glad that I bought this because I had these old, scratchy tapes of TMBG, Lincoln and Misc. T, so its nice to have them on CD. I think this is definately nice to have while we are waiting for "Thing". I also really hope TMBG does put out Superfueled Freaksicle, as there are some really great Elektra b-sides, like Welcome to the Jungle, Siftin, Movin' to the Sun, etc. Justin Higgins - Terraflopping ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19970330144713.0071e8cc@popmail.voicenet.com> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 14:47:17 -0500 From: Jeff Morrow Subject: Re: TMBG: Good Sons on Then >1. Now That I Have Everything So true. Read the booklet about the drums on this one, you'll appreciate it so much more. >And I think Critic Intro, 85 Radio Special Thank You and Kitten Intro are >also very much worth it. So heck, thats 11 good tracks, a little more if >you like some of the other bonus tracks, or if you can figure out what >Doris Cunningham is for. Well, it's sort of disappointing about Doris Cunningham. I thought that they'd include the full version from the Frank O'Toole WFMU show. That was much better. It was a full interview with questions like "Many people have compared your music to Germany in the 1930's. What do you think of that?" and all sorts of odd noises. In it's Then form, though, it lacks a certain something. =============================-----Jeff-Morrow-----========================== ======== jmorrow@voicenet.com They Might Be Bootlegs @ http://www.voicenet.com/~jmorrow/tmbg/boot.html ============================================================================ ======== ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333EF10D.5153@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 15:02:37 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: TMBG: Re:They chests I have absolutely never thought of this. Maybe that's why people look at me oddly...Am I the only one who thought of Tubular Boobular Joy from MST3k Trillian ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: :( Message-ID: <19970330.170139.4006.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 17:01:19 EST Happy Easter Everybody (like I care, I'm Jewish)!!!!!!!! It's also my birthday (16) and so far it sux. It's raining and there's nothing to do. Thank you for hearing my pathetic story. -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've turned off my hearing aid Don't say the electric chair's not good enough for king-lazy-bones like myself ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333EFFF4.32B4@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 16:06:12 -0800 From: The Cowans Subject: TMBG:help w/DAS page Oh help, I can't downoad the song and I have Netscape 3.0 and RealAudio 3.0. I can listen to other sites w/RealAudio songs but not the DAS! This is a tradgedy, someone please help me. Trillian p.s. The OMLT godess should be advised that I too forgot to cal DAS when I was in Brooklyn this summer. I have a pic of CBGB's(OMFUG) around which I should scan and post on my web page when it is finished. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 17:11:37 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: Doris Message-Id: I too was disapointed by the only partial inclusion of The Doris Cunningham track from Frank O'toole. I think it might of been that it was a little sureal at moments, and the part about how they like bveing on the radio was kinda the same as the '85 radio intro. Speaking of sureal, did anyone see B.C. Today? That Johnny Hart Also, I discovered something really cool with then! I don't know if this works for other cd's but If I pull my headphones out of the jack a little bt, some of the tracks disapeer, and I often hear an a cappela thing. Try this with they'll need a crane to hear how wacky the harmony is. ___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _ _ | . \ ___ | |_ ___ _ _ _| |_ | | / _> _ _ ___ | |_ <_>| || | | || | | // . \| . \/ ._>| '_> | | | |_ _ | <_/\| '_><_> || . \| || || | | || | |_\_\\___/|___/\___.|_| |_| |___|<_> `____/|_| <___||___/|_||_||_| |_||_| "Oh, No, NO! They're doing it clown style!" -Servo "Here comes the Circus" ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 17:17:18 -0500 From: "Big.Bad.Robbie.G." Subject: TMBG: EEEEEW! Message-Id: Go to: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/9310/lardlist.html Pay attention to the band names to see a masacre of our boys ___ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _ _ | . \ ___ | |_ ___ _ _ _| |_ | | / _> _ _ ___ | |_ <_>| || | | || | | // . \| . \/ ._>| '_> | | | |_ _ | <_/\| '_><_> || . \| || || | | || | |_\_\\___/|___/\___.|_| |_| |___|<_> `____/|_| <___||___/|_||_||_| |_||_| "Oh, No, NO! They're doing it clown style!" -Servo "Here comes the Circus" ------------------------------ From: wglodell@baraboo.com (Wyatt Glodell) Subject: Re: TMBG: Suprise, Suprise Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 16:26:44 -0600 Message-ID: <19970330222642911.AAA340@ppp169.baraboo.com> >TELL!!!!! WHAT SEARCH ENGINE???? > >Joel ok, here ist is: http://128.113.165.38/mp3/mp3search.html have fun. -Wyatt "mp3's are still cool" Glodell ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 97 17:43:01 EST From: "Anne E. Heidemann" <343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> Organization: Central Michigan University Subject: TMBG: Re:They chests (fwd) Message-Id: <970330.174449.EST.343SXVT@CMUVM.CSV.CMICH.EDU> > >I have absolutely never thought of this. Maybe that's why people look at >me oddly...Am I the only one who thought of Tubular Boobular Joy from >MST3k > >Trillian ha! this is hilarious! i can't believe i didn't think of it myself!! it's...chest-i-cal mammular... peace, anne ************************************************************ *** Anne Heidemann *** *** anne.e.heidemann@cmich.edu *** *** 343sxvt@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu *** *** http://www.cmich.edu/~343sxvt *** *** *** *** *** *** "Let your mind go and your body will follow." *** *** --L.A. Story *** ************************************************************ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 17:58:02 -0500 (EST) From: "i've seen saints" Subject: TMBG: Re: taping newbie Message-ID: > DAT...doesn't really matter, I guess) that I could get relatively cheap, > and soon? You know, point me in the direction of a store, or a person if you want good analog, or especially DAT.. don't expect to get away spending less than 400 dollars.. then there's mics.. chad but i've been told a good stereo recorder works just as well, but you still have to spend a good 100-150 on quality mics. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:22:31 -0500 Message-Id: <199703302322.SAA05501@smtp3.erols.com> From: ekao Subject: TMBG: nonTMBG nothing too related, but.. Tracy says: > Tickets for TMBG's show at Bohager's Bar N' Grille in Baltimore are >now on sale! The show is Sat., April 19. Doors open at 7 and the show >starts at 8. Tickets are $20 Uhhh, suddenly, 20 smackers seems like a lot to pay for any show, even TMBG. Not that there's anything anyone can do about that, but I was looking through the paper the other day and some Jewel show cost nearly 30 $... Since when have these people felt okay with themselves about charging people that much for shows.. I saw, and met, Moxy Fruvous last week at tower REcords, it was more fun than the show the previous night, and, it was very totally free, yeah! Nicole said: >Do we >really need acronyms for EVERY SINGLE SONG? I grant you that acronyms are >marvelous to avoid having to type, say, "Hey Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We >Had A Deal", but let's not take it too far. "Mr. Me" is not too much >longer than "MM", and it's a zillion times clearer. Yep- As someone said, setlist names is the easist way to do it, main words ect. Not to carry this thread on any further, but: Could we please STOP STOP STOP with all these posts about abbreviations, anacronyms, anagrams, ana ngs whatever. it takes me too long to delete these posts even *without* reading them. Ellen ===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-== "You are the ghost town, and I am the heartland." ===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-== ------------------------------ From: utopiaone@qconline.com Message-Id: <199703302340.SAA07067@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Date: 30 Mar 1997 17:40:52 EDT Subject: TMBG: taping newbie WT>Hey all-- WT>I'm wondering if any of you out there could give me some help. You see, WT>I've been thinking about starting to tape shows that I go to, but I'm not WT>sure about one thing....what to record with. Sounds stupid, I know, but WT>that's me. Would any of you happen to know a good recorder (analog or WT>DAT...doesn't really matter, I guess) that I could get relatively cheap, WT>and soon? You know, point me in the direction of a store, or a person WT>with a used recorder or something like that? Any help sent to me WT>privately would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot. See ya. I've often wondered the same thing, how exactly do you get the recording device into the concert, and what do you use to record? Has anyone gotten caught? What happens if you do? Where were you at 12:30 PM, November 22, 1963? Chris UtopiaOne@qconline.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 19:10:25 -0500 (EST) From: MIKE Subject: Re: TMBG: nonTMBG nothing too related, but.. Message-ID: > > Uhhh, suddenly, 20 smackers seems like a lot to pay for any show, even TMBG. > Not that there's anything anyone can do about that, but I was looking > through the paper the other day and some Jewel show cost nearly 30 $... > Since when have these people felt okay with themselves about charging people > that much for shows.. I saw, and met, Moxy Fruvous last week at tower > REcords, it was more fun than the show the previous night, and, it was very > totally free, yeah! --know what you mean--early this year I went to a concert by my other favorite group's lead singer (king missile's John s hall) and i got in completely free! it was great! shoehorn mike ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333F2052.5E79@swbell.net> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:24:18 -0800 From: The black plague of email Organization: the Legitimate Businessmen's Club of Sugar Land Subject: TMBG: Fight the powers that be > Uhhh, suddenly, 20 smackers seems like a lot to pay for any show, even TMBG. Not that there's anything anyone can do about that. There is, but it ain't pretty. Don't go. I too have had to pay almost that much to see Them. Sadly enough as long as throngs of people line up to pay $30 to see Jewel, $30 will be the price. By the way, Ben Folds Five tickets for the show here in Houston are going for $1.07. Hey jealousy, josh ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Fight the powers that be Message-ID: <19970330.200011.4054.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 20:00:18 EST On Sun, 30 Mar 1997 18:24:18 -0800 The black plague of email writes: >> Uhhh, suddenly, 20 smackers seems like a lot to pay for any show, >even TMBG. Not that there's anything anyone can do about that. > >There is, but it ain't pretty. Don't go. I too have had to pay >almost >that much to see Them. Sadly enough as long as throngs of people line >up >to pay $30 to see Jewel, $30 will be the price. By the way, Ben >Folds >Five tickets for the show here in Houston are going for $1.07. > >Hey jealousy, >josh > Why are Ben Folds Five tickets so cheap in Houston? When they come to Cleveland it will be like $20 (I think). I just bought both of their cd's and I think they're great. However, when I went to see one of my other absolute favorite bands, the Rugburns, it only cost me $8. It was at the Grog Shop. Does anyone else here like the Rugburns? Also, is anyone else going to see TMBG at Kenyon College in Gambier OH on 4/26/97? I know I saw one other girl on this list that was. I can't wait. See you there (whoever you are)! -Evan R. Kleve (Kleavage) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've turned off my hearing aid Don't say the electric chair's not good enough for king-lazy-bones like myself ------------------------------ From: Kamesennin@aol.com Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 21:00:25 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970330210024_-868037437@emout03.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: Here is a list of MP3 sites! (LONG!) Here is an el-giganto list of sites containing .mp3's. Most of 'em work. The ones that don't probably don't either because the people who run them aren't online, or that they just plain suck. I've gotten into most of these at one point or another... MP3 (Mpeg Layer 3) SITES WWW SITES: http://www.WOPR.dorms.tamu.edu/mp3 http://bongo.dorms.tamu.edu http://mysteria.dorms.tamu.edu http://palermo.dorms.tamu.edu http://dacl3.snu.ac.kr/ljs/music.html http://dogao.res.cmu.edu/mp3 http://cyrus.res.cmu.edu/Archive/index.html http://www.soul-shack.taco.net/~ripsnort/mp3 http://www.Imnta.rudbeckp.orebro.se/~oxygener http://www.ratlhead.com/megadeth/mp3 http://www.shocking.com/~case/mp3-1.htm http://www.eskimo.com/~miyaguch/mp3.html http://www.dimension.stu.rpi.edu/~armitage/index.html http://mordor.res.cmu.edu/mp3 http://tek.dorms.tamu.edu http://ns2.clever.net/~buster/music.htm http://199.77.34.251/~tryp/musicvaul http://www.wantree.com.au/~silpub/rns http://www.cda.net http://www.netti.fi/~kallek/tekno http://jlb.ml.org/mpeg3 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9227/index.html http://www.clarkson.edu:80/~langcj/html/mp3.html http://128.113.165.38/mp3/mp3search.html http://jpr.res.cmu.edu/cool.htm#Songs http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/2221/Linki.htm FTP SITES: Anonymous login: 207.14.134.40 128.61.67.71 128.118.192.117 207.93.94.69 128.113.166.173 129.2.144.5 208.5.0.253 206.31.79.60 131.143.4.24 Login/password: mp3 128.223.168.36 128.223.168.247 207.201.68.195 128.113.162.129 128.174.165.113 199.74.92.48 128.118.200.11 194.221.109.33 130.132.162.130 128.2.74.122 129.2.144.16 141.211.65.98 164.67.187.38 193.60.154.36 130.64.133.107 205.206.121.181 138.237.148.113 130.215.240.164 128.174.31.80 206.245.196.81 129.15.131.16 -All this and more brought to you, Factory direct, from Kamesennin@aol.com (aka Geoff Sondergard) P.S. Any questions? Email me! ------------------------------ Date: 31 Mar 1997 02:12:41 GMT From: Tim McCarthy Message-ID: <5hn6ip$8s0@ussodyssey.ufp.org> Organization: United Federation of Planets Subject: Re: TMBG: marching bands, Then (long) Marching show?...It's already in progress... ------------------------------ From: KLESLI@aol.com Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 22:11:19 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <970330221117_1783019064@emout07.mail.aol.com> Subject: TMBG: misc. stuff Hey! This is my first post. Anyway I was watching MTV news and this new release thing came up right before commercial and they actually showed Then! I mean I work in a big music store and we didn't even get then! I had to go somewhere else to buy it. And... Then I was watching the movie Kicking and Screaming, which was very short. The song playing with the titles was Bad Reputation, and I was like oh I like this song, wonder who sings it. So I am fast forwarding to the song list on the credits and there I see Don't Lets Start! I'm like what!? I didn't hear that. I should have heard that! So yes, I looked and looked for it in the movie and it is playing very low and very mumbly on the part where Miami was telling her man she cheated. Wow. I could barely hear it though. Also a question... How do you pronounce John L's last name? How do you say Linnell? Is it LIN-nell as in rhymes with fiddle (kind of)? Or is it Li-NELL as in rhymes with Chanel (kind of)? Just want to make sure I'm saying it right. - Les ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333F62A9.9F9@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 23:07:21 -0800 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: TMBG: #TMBG on chatnet Hey folks. I finally got the chatnet channel #TMBG up and running. Invite all your friends. Kevin "Come to #TMBG" McGuire ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333F6A39.3E8B@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 23:39:37 -0800 From: Kevin McGuire Subject: TMBG: MP3's Could someone please tell me what these are and, if possible, the location of something that plays them? I would really appreciate it! Kevin "Doesnt understand" McGuire ------------------------------ Message-ID: <333EEF79.454A@ix.netcom.com> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 22:56:14 +0000 From: "Richard E. Michalski" Subject: TMBG: Linnell No.5 Hi folks o' Giants, I haven't written anything in a while, basically due to the fact that encoding or anything else with numbers scares me. I got my copy of Then at Streetside Records for $23. I am thinking that this is very cheap. Is this true? I wanted to share one of my early Giant memories with ya'll. I had barely started listening to the Giants back in "John Henry" days, when John and John were on the radio promoting their concert later on that evening. They sang an incredible version of "Meet James Ensor" which was extra-cool, due to the fact that since Flans was playing an acoustic, both Johns sang the "na na na na na na na na" elctric guitar part in the end. Twas a cool moment that was one reason that I am here today. Peace in John and John, Billy "I've gotta steal that Shoehorn glockenspiel bit for my next show" Michalski Did you hear about the guy in Poland who made a million dollars with Cheerios? He sold them as donut seeds! ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-90 *****************************