Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #10-11 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 10, Number 11 Monday, 14 September 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Dress Code TMBG: non-tmbg, final 80's question TMBG: loveline TMBG: Philadelphia 10/13 concert announced Re: TMBG: PLANET OF THE APES TMBG: ya want a decent review? TMBG: loveline Re: TMBG: non-tmbg, final 80's question Re: TMBG: TMBGEZ TMBG: mormons love tmbg Re: TMBG: Philadelphia 10/13 concert announced TMBG: I've got a golden ticket TMBG: Rike Center Re: NON-TMBG: final 80's question, for the determination of the master. Re: TMBG: non-tmbg, final 80's question TMBG: Mormons love TMBG Re: TMBG: Philadelphia 10/13 concert announced Re: NON-TMBG: Mormons love TMBG NON-TMBG: Mormons Love TMBG TMBG: Dr. Worm in real audio Re: TMBG: Rike Center TMBG: SLC show-venue Non-TMBG: PSU v. BGSU Re: TMBG: loveline Re: TMBG: loveline Re: TMBG: loveline Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm in real audio Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? Re: TMBG: Mormons love TMBG Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? TMBG: Digest & Da Box... Re: TMBG: Rike Center Re: Non-TMBG: PSU v. BGSU Re: TMBG: Rike Center TMBG: SF show TMBG: TMBG.COM in Entertainment Weekly Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? Re: TMBG: Rike Center Re: TMBG: SF show Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? Re[2]: TMBG: SF show Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? TMBG: San Francisco review Re: TMBG: TMBG on Loveline Re: TMBG: PLANET OF THE APES TMBG: Mormons love TMBG Non-TMBG: Mormons love TMBG TMBG: factory showroom sessions... TMBG: Yet another STD review Re: TMBG: San Francisco review Re: TMBG: San Francisco review Re: TMBG: PLANET OF THE APES TMBG: New listee... Re: TMBG: Dress Code Re: TMBG: the hopping syndrome (was SF show) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: <88ebcf8.35f76cd7@aol.com> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 02:08:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dress Code In a message dated 98-09-09 19:15:46 EDT, you write: << and I think the world would be a better place if everyone would stop killing each other and smoking crack and just put on a TMBG shirt over their other one... or two. -Carey >> AMEN!!!! Graham "crack's not all bad..." Amsden ------------------------------ From: SLFFV@cc.usu.edu Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 00:47:53 -0700 (MST) Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg, final 80's question Message-id: <01J1MF4ITVIA8Y617O@cc.usu.edu> What are the 3 differences between a package of M&M's in 1982 and a package of M&M's in 1998? Red M&M's, Blue M&M's and M&M's with that one guy's face on it-y'know, the cardboard cut out guy who appears in the videos for Hotel Detective, Put Your Hand Inside The PuppetHead and was it Don't Let's Start (?) Jenn ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 00:51:32 -0600 Subject: TMBG: loveline Message-ID: <19980910.005145.3838.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> HeY HEY! wow, what a show... it's been so long since i last listened to this i forgot just how fruity it was... anyways, i dubbed the show... i'd like to remind everyone else that recorded it as well to date the show 9/9/98 as opposed to 9/10/98 (for all you detard east coasters). as the show was broadcast at 10pm on 9/9/98 in cali. i just don't want any mixups on the date years down the road... "hahaa... she was at the famous polka show..." take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35F77A9F.1A74@asan.com> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 03:07:11 -0400 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: Philadelphia 10/13 concert announced Hello exquisite living people, New Concert Date: 10/13 Philadelphia, PA Theater of the Living Arts (TLA) 7:00 PM Tickets go on sale this Saturday, I think. Hope to see many of you there! I can help with driving directions if anyone needs them. Love, Rob Plass --- ----- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980910101545.007cec50@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:15:45 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: Re: TMBG: PLANET OF THE APES My CD player loves the Apes tracks! It has thrown a major fit and decided that track 19 is to be played every 3rd or 4th track. That's some mad shit! --USQ Colin Ellesley: The eastern counties authority on Carter USM/TMBG/Bennet/The Levellers Home Page: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html New Photo Site: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/cols/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> -- Quotes about Colin #1 -- "He loves carter usm so much, he probably screams out lyrics when he cums" -- Mira <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <88917ad1.35f7a81b@aol.com> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 06:21:15 EDT Subject: TMBG: ya want a decent review? http://www.theshrubbery.prohosting.com/0998/music3.html ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9809101317.AA11548@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: loveline Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:17:27 -0400 (EDT) > HeY HEY! > > wow, what a show... it's been so long since i last listened to this i > forgot just how fruity it was... > anyways, i dubbed the show... i'd like to remind everyone else that > recorded it as well to date the show 9/9/98 as opposed to 9/10/98 (for > all you detard east coasters). as the show was broadcast at 10pm on > 9/9/98 in cali. i just don't want any mixups on the date years down the > road... > Hmm, so I suppose that we East Coasters are going to get the TMBG Loveline tonight even though it was broadcasted last night. I was beginning to wonder if I had dreamed that Adam said TMBG would be on. Good thing I got that new tape deck, let the taping commence. -Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35F810F2.139BF512@geocities.com> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:48:36 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg, final 80's question SLFFV@cc.usu.edu wrote: > What are the 3 differences between a package of M&M's in 1982 and a > package of M&M's in 1998? > > Red M&M's, Blue M&M's and M&M's with that one guy's face on it-y'know, the > cardboard cut out guy who appears in the videos for Hotel Detective, Put Your > Hand Inside The PuppetHead and was it Don't Let's Start (?) That would be William Allen White. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:47:47 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBGEZ Message-ID: <19980910.145148.13206.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> Hey! Train Here! I just got an internship at a local Adult Contemporary / EZ listening (not crappy orchestral re-makes but not very harsh sounding either) radio station... I already have an office too! they play stuff like Sinatra, The Beach Boys, Lovin' Spoonful, I'm co-hosting the big band show (6-11 Sat. night) soon too... so they don't suck... but all other radio stations were a 45 min. drive... But that's beside the point... the point is I wanna introduce my boss to TMBG... what songs do you recommend I play for him? just thinking offhand I think We've Got A World That Swings is about as EZ as TMBG get... what does everyone else have to say? By the way, this is for Blue Dawg: the station is EZ94 incase you didn't figure it out by the e-mail... We talked about this before I think... I'm working with Bill St. James... no not that one.. he broadcasts outta NY... anyway, just wanted to be more specific with another in the radio biz who also lives in Hampton Roads Tim, the intern... WXEZ 94.1 in Hampton Roads Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Everybody Conga Last CD purchase: Royal Crown Revue - The Contender (BETTER THAN "MUGSY'S MOVE!!") Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980910153418.006b1c04@pop.uky.edu> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:34:18 -0400 From: Bryan King Subject: TMBG: mormons love tmbg hello... I've noticed that a few people on the list are from Utah (some unhappily), and I was wondering if any mormons were on the list. I, of course, am LDS. I attended BYU for a couple of semesters (I left b/c... well... there were too many mormons) and it seemed They had quite a following. It also seems like the kinda' music mormons would like. Kinda' like how _The Princess Bride_ is ridiculously popular with them. the sfc ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:38:03 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Philadelphia 10/13 concert announced Message-ID: <19980910.153928.12374.5.sped27@juno.com> From: sped27@juno.com (Drew Lawless) Does anyone know who's going to be opening for them at the Philly show, yet? Drew "It's nice to be liked, but it's better by far to get paid." _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:15:44 -0500 From: Ann Kjaer Subject: TMBG: I've got a golden ticket Okay, so I haven't posted to the list in at least 2 years, and no one knows who I am, but I have to share my story with people who will care and/or be green with envy. I've been searching the record stores of Minneapolis for tickets to the 9/29 show since I found out about it weeks ago. No one had it on their list of upcoming shows and no one knew anything about tickets. I was getting nervous, considering the show is only 3 weeks away. So last night I checked again and this time they finally had tickets. As I was fumbling for my money, the clerk said, "Oh, these are comp." As I stared in disbelief he shrugged and said, "They were just laying in the drawer." That's right--2 FREE tickets to the show. I was so happy I could have kissed the guy. Ann "Don't Hate Me Because I'm Lucky" Kjaer ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980910173738.0090de30@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:37:38 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: Rike Center Where is Westerville, Ohio, home of the Rike Center and the 1/29/99 TMBG show? --Jason-- "Standing in my yard where they tore down the garage to make room for the torn down garage" -- They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:04:34 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: final 80's question, for the determination of the master. Message-ID: wrong. I'm talking about the differences of the actual M&M's. ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:06:01 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg, final 80's question Message-ID: wrong. ------------------------------ From: SLFFV@cc.usu.edu Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:30:32 -0600 (MDT) Subject: TMBG: Mormons love TMBG Message-id: <01J1NC05QRQM9GVDW2@cc.usu.edu> I myself am from Utah, and yet I am not a Mormon and I do not ski...Why do I even stay? But I do love TMBG too. I have noticed that many Mormons listen to TMBG as religiously as the follow Mormonism. Perhaps it is because it is such a quirky religion (no offence guys and gals!) and Utah is just one of those weird little places you would just sort of happen upon. TMBG is sort of the same way-they're kinda quirky and and their just one of those kinds of bands you happen to stumble upon one day, and it sticks. One of my friends says that she is going to raise her kids on TMBG music (she's a Mormon too- I guess ,like religion, it is passed on and taught to your kids) Jenn ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:12:11 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Philadelphia 10/13 concert announced Message-ID: <19980910.171216.11102.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Does anyone know who's going to be opening for them at the Philly >show, yet? Ah you kiddies didn't listen to loveline didya?! anyways someone named peter shelly (and i'm sure i mispelled his name) is gonna be on tour with them through the end of the year. Apparantly he was a DJ at WFMU in NY and he started a band and they heard it and they liked what they heard and asked him to tour with 'em... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:10:38 -0600 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Mormons love TMBG Message-ID: <19980910.171216.11102.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> hEY hEY! >I myself am from Utah, and yet I am not a Mormon and I do not >ski...Why do I >even stay? i am a mad-snowboarder and let me just say that everytime i've been to Utah to ride (snowbird and what not) the snow sucks. It's ice... it's like the friggin east coast and cali. you get the powder days and then after that it melts away all fast and you get ice until the next time it snows... i dunno... maybe i'm just spoiled (yeah so i have to pay $25 for a TMBG show but i get season's pass to vail, beaver creek, a-basin, and keystone for free... about a $1000 value) :) > Perhaps it is because > it >is such a quirky religion (no offence guys and gals!) the last time i was in OOtah (SLC) was about a year ago but i ran into a guy wearing a TMBG shirt at the swim meet i was at... that was cool... too bad he was a total dork. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:16:57 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: Mormons Love TMBG Message-ID: (october 17th: stayed inside. at 11:00 i see my dedicated friend through my window. he's across the street turning the key in his front door. i sit in my chair just beyond the sunlight of the window and speak out: "wow. there sure are a lot of utahns on the list all of the sudden!" what i want to know is: have any of you yet scouted out the area around the wasatch event center? is there a good spot where perhaps we listies could meet beforehand? doors open at 7, you know, and who knows when the UTA buses stop their routes to the area! --jim kuemmerle, who's not a mormon, (heck -- who's not even really a utahn) but who *is* a real worm... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980911012026.5365.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:20:26 -0700 (PDT) From: Nick Hatton Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm in real audio [Unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html), contents not processed] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 21:35:34 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 10-Sep-98 TMBG: Rike Center by Jason Fickley@Psu.Edu > Where is Westerville, Ohio, home of the Rike Center and the 1/29/99 TMBG show? heh. I noticed that on tmbg.com, myself, and, of course, being a state away, had to investigate it... it's very near Columbus. Since that's a Friday night, assuming it's not too snowy, I'll be there. (it's only three hours :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ From: SLFFV@cc.usu.edu Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:38:52 -0700 (MST) Subject: TMBG: SLC show-venue Message-id: <01J1NIFMK8LE8WXH7N@cc.usu.edu> Hi all (especially those going to ut show on the 15th) I haven't actually scouted out the Wasatch Events Center myself, but I have talked to many friends that have actually attended other shows there. They say its in somewhat of an industrial neighborhood and it looks exactly like an old abandoned warehouse with acoustics similar to that of the Horticultural building or the Coliseum at the Fairgrounds, so it may be wise to score a pair of earplugs somewhere. One of my friends said it was behind a strip mall...? The UTA goes most places until 10 or 11 at night. I think the State Street buses may run later (which is one block over from State Street) and many on the State Street route go further than 3485 (95?) South. (did I say 1 block over from State Street? I meant MAIN Street, which is where the show is- do I have The Duhs or what?!) Anyway, this may help the Utah listees but not much for anybody else. I have noticed that for most shows, including TMBG, people arrive way early to get a place in line so they can get up close to the stage. This of course only really is true for GA shows. Jenn ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35F8618A.691C@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 23:32:26 +0000 From: "K.C." Subject: Non-TMBG: PSU v. BGSU Are any of you folks gonna be at the Penn State football game Saturday? I'm gonna be there as part of the BGSU Falcon Marching Band for Joe Paterno's 300th victory. We aren't playing any TMBG songs, but we are playing a pretty awesome arrangement of Eleanor Rigby and some other good Beatles stuff. Later. K.C. -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <9fad20a6.35f89808@aol.com> Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 23:24:56 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: loveline dangit, i would have taped it if it werent for two things: 1. missed half the show 2. uh.... didnt know how to tape it? advanced instruction manual, what am i some super genius cyborg from rupert?! and i just got a graphing calculator yesterday, gah! whatever happened to counting on fingers and toes! what really bummer is that i could tell john and john from adam and... that other guy. they all sound the same on the radio!! and then i listened to the comercials... everyone on the comercials sound the same too!!! i really should familiarize myself with the "radio", perhaps then i shall tell one man from the next. bat "oral sex at 14? whats the world gone to?" brain and yes, i am very ignorant ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: <18008c5f.35f8ad82@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 00:56:34 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: loveline In a message dated 9/11/98 12:23:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Batbrain99@aol.com writes: > dangit, i would have taped it if it werent for two things: > 1. missed half the show > 2. uh.... didnt know how to tape it? advanced instruction manual, what am i > some super genius cyborg from rupert?! and i just got a graphing calculator > yesterday, gah! whatever happened to counting on fingers and toes! > what really bummer is that i could tell john and john from adam and... that > other guy. they all sound the same on the radio!! and then i listened to > the > comercials... everyone on the comercials sound the same too!!! i really > should familiarize myself with the "radio", perhaps then i shall tell one > man > from the next. I just taped it. All I did was use an old stereo with a built in mic. I missed a few seconds in the beginning, and a few seconds after one of the breaks, but it's all good. -Carey "Jesus Christ all might! Who the fuck are you, anyway!?" "Um... I'm Jesus." "Yeah, but... oh nevermind." ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:00:07 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: loveline In a message dated 9/11/98 12:23:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Batbrain99@aol.com writes: > what really bummer is that i could tell john and john from adam and... that > other guy. they all sound the same on the radio!! and then i listened to > the > comercials... everyone on the comercials sound the same too!!! i really > should familiarize myself with the "radio", perhaps then i shall tell one > man > from the next. You couldn't tell the difference between John, John, Adam, and Drew? Maybe you should familiarize yourself with TMBG. -Carey "Well you can tell by the way I use my walk I'm a woman's man... no time to--" "Hey!" "Huh? What?" "You better watch out, man. Chicks ain't nothin' but trouble...." ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 01:08:43 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm in real audio In a message dated 9/10/98 9:31:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, anakin1@rocketmail.com writes: > .....delurking.... > Hey! > this should be the address for Dr. Worm in real audio instead of vivo > http://www.rbn.com/?jamtv/rsvideo/demand/artists/t/they_might_be_giants/ > videos/vd002302.rm > > that should work I hate to be an advocate of the exclusive little program known as VivoActive, but it seems that Dr. Worm, although not the best quality, looked ten times better with Vivo than with RA. One might say, well that's your connection speed or something like that, but at 56k, if it looks better on Vivo than RA, chances are it'll look better at another speed, too. So, I'd say, if you can, stick with Vivo. But really, look for the Box. #412, baby. Aw yeah. -Carey "Someday mother will die and I'll get a movie made about me and my murderous adventures in a motel. Mom lives up on a big house on a hill. You son of a bitch, I'm gonna stab you." ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:55:45 -0500 (CDT) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? Message-ID: On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Jason Fickley wrote: > Where is Westerville, Ohio, home of the Rike Center and the 1/29/99 TMBG show? Yeah, yeah, I know that Lawrence already answered this question, but I figured I'd pipe up anyway. Westerville is, as Lawrence said, close to Columbus. It's about a stone's throw away from Columbus in the northeasterly direction....pretty nice little town. Anyway, reason why I had to pipe up...my sister lives there. Yeah, big deal, I know. Actually, a (former?) list member lived in Westerville. Anyone remember Evan Chakroff? Or am I the only one, seeing as how he lived closest to where I used live (wow, ain't that mixed up?)? Just curious...seeing as how the last time I knew he was here was, oh, about a year and a half ago, it's quite possible he's gone. Oh well... The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | feedback for toddlers e-zine: | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | http://www.poboxes.com/fft/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980911081603.006ac5f4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:16:03 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? At 02:55 AM 9/11/98 -0500, bill tatalovich wrote: > >Actually, a (former?) list member lived in Westerville. Anyone remember >Evan Chakroff? Or am I the only one, seeing as how he lived closest to >where I used live (wow, ain't that mixed up?)? Just curious...seeing as >how the last time I knew he was here was, oh, about a year and a half ago, >it's quite possible he's gone. Oh well... I haven't heard much from him since the whole IPCD thing...I believe he's off the list... -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <10fce0af.35f92613@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 09:30:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Mormons love TMBG In a message dated 9/10/98 6:36:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, SLFFV@cc.usu.edu writes: > One of my friends says that she is going to raise her kids on TMBG music (she's a > Mormon too- I guess, like religion, it is passed on and taught to your kids) Which # wife is she planning to be? ^_~ Arwen "not a polygamist" AnaNg ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:10:22 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? Message-ID: <19980911.081232.11126.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Anyone >remember >Evan Chakroff? Or am I the only one course i member evan! :) IPCD's! in fact, wasn't he the one that made the page to show all the OMLT designs too? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:47:15 -0400 (EDT) From: "Jason A. Glastetter" Subject: TMBG: Digest & Da Box... Message-ID: First of all, I haven't gotten my diest for two days..any ideas on what the hell is up? Secondly, I used to get The Box on my normal TV, but since I'm in Syracuse (you may or may not have heard about it) but we lost a lot of stuff up here, one such thing is my reception for The Box network (no, I don't get cable, I just used to get it) & well, I found it ironic that the day I lost it coincided almost direcly with TMBG "premere" on it...I also noticed that they show mainly rap videos...I guess the homies have an excess of funds to waste two dollars on a 900 number...damn high priced ghetto living.... jason "who likes it when rap artists talk about how opression gives them a couple million each year, yeah REALLY opressed, eh?" glastetter Surprisingly we got electricity, & the next day we got conected to the web http://www.poingly.com because some music sucks more than others... ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980911123049.00913b20@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:30:49 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center ... it's very near Columbus. Since that's a >Friday night, assuming it's not too snowy, I'll be there. (it's only >three hours :) What part of the state is Cincinatti (sp?) in? I could look for myself, but that would be too much work. The reason I ask is they have shows in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Cincinatti on 3 consecutive days in October. Wouldn't it be something to go to all 3? (I'm in Erie, PA, so Cleveland is as close as Pittsburgh is for me). 3 straight days of live TMBG...ahhhh...What days of the week are these? (Oct. 7,8, and 9 if I'm not mistaken) --Jason-- "Standing in my yard where they tore down the garage to make room for the torn down garage" -- They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980911123325.00915600@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 12:33:25 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: PSU v. BGSU >Are any of you folks gonna be at the Penn State football game Saturday? You'd think I'd go, since I'm a PSU student and a football fan, but that's too far from the Erie campus. (Now if TMBG were playing at PSU...THAT would be a different story) --Jason-- "Standing in my yard where they tore down the garage to make room for the torn down garage" -- They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01bddda9$41f18240$dc061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:26:03 -0400 From: Jason Fickley: >What part of the state is Cincinatti (sp?) in? I could look for myself, but >that would be too much work. The reason I ask is they have shows in >Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Cincinatti on 3 consecutive days in October. >Wouldn't it be something to go to all 3? (I'm in Erie, PA, so Cleveland is >as close as Pittsburgh is for me). 3 straight days of liveTMBG Cincinnati is about 4 hours from Cleveland and 5 hours from Pittsburgh, down in the southwestern corner. I don't know which place you'd be coming from. It's a decent stretch of road. The killer schedule was that year (maybe `90 or `89) when they played 4 consecutive shows in Indianapolis, IN - Louisville, KY - Cincinnati, OH and Columbus, OH. All within 2 hours drive from my house in Cincinnati. I dreamt that I live in Philly that night. Someone who lives in Philly could reasonably hit like 10 shows in a row if the tour was set up right. Philly, Harrisburg, DC, Baltimore, any New Jersey shows, any Delaware shows and the several New York City shows each time they come back home. Brother John Green Jello ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:31:49 -0700 Message-ID: <0003F02D.C21427@broder.com> From: Courtney_Patubo@broder.com (Courtney Patubo) Subject: TMBG: SF show "What we like about this place is that we can walk around on the stage, and our feet don't stick to it..." -That's what Flans said about the Fillmore in San Francisco nearing the end of the show. I thoroughly enjoyed the show, got mixed up into 4 different conga lines (we had a hard time getting started), stomped on by the fully-airborne kid in front of me, and had a great time. My feet still ache a bit from my own furious hopping, but it feels pretty good. ^_^;; We all seemed a bit distracted by the um, "smoke of a different kind", but it ceased pretty quickly (security found 'em?). They also did an impromptu ("this isn't on the setlist, but I wanna do this." -F) performance of "Mr. Tambourine Man". I am curious if anyone who went to the show made a bootleg of this! I won't go into detail about each song, since everyone seems to have done that already! But let's just say, in short, it rocked. Bummed that I forgot my broom... -- C o u r t n e y L. P a t u b o toonie@tmbg.org (home) * cpatubo@broder.com (work) ICQ# 3762743 * http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo "The following sentence is false. The preceeding sentence is true." ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: <38f3f8c8.35f96073@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:40:03 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG.COM in Entertainment Weekly Hey hey! In the new Entertainment (Conan O' Brien on the cover), in the Multimedia section, they review TMBG.COM--- They Might Be Giants (www.tmbg.com) Quirky rock duo They Might Be Giants bring their idiosyncratic flair to their homeade website. From the opening animation, which features John and John impaled on a spit, fans enter a seemingly endless TMBG fun house. It's got grainy original videos like "Snail Shell" plus an online version of Dial-a- Song---streaming audio clips of the band's infamous answering-machine recordings like "Rest Awhile." There's even an e-mail campaign to get John Flansburgh on Time magazine's people of the century list. What would Gandhi have said? A ------------- So there it is! Its so cool...I mean they review the Beastie Boys website, Garbage, etc, and then...TMBG! Also, tmbg.com got the highest grade. Jordan ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00f701bdddac$e5cd6ac0$9d896fc6@pavilion> From: "Kirsten Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:52:04 -0400 >Actually, a (former?) list member lived in Westerville. Anyone remember >Evan Chakroff? I remember Evan - seems like he resurfaced a few months ago, only to immediately disappear again. Or maybe that was someone else... Kirsten /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ "And also, we're just not that good-looking." - John Flansburgh, TMBG kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - Kirsten Brodbeck - AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:09:14 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 11-Sep-98 Re: TMBG: Rike Center by Jason Fickley@Psu.Edu > What part of the state is Cincinatti (sp?) in? I could look for myself, but > that would be too much work. The reason I ask is they have shows in > Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Cincinatti on 3 consecutive days in October. > Wouldn't it be something to go to all 3? (I'm in Erie, PA, so Cleveland is > as close as Pittsburgh is for me). 3 straight days of live > TMBG...ahhhh...What days of the week are these? (Oct. 7,8, and 9 if I'm not > mistaken) nope. Cincinnati is in the far southwestern part of Ohio, and is about a 5 hour drive from Pittsburgh, which would make it close to 6 and a half or 7 for you. I *did* investigate that possibility, though. :) I'll be at Cleveland and Pittsburgh, but Cincinnati is just too far for me to drive on a Friday afternoon - plus I'd have to stay somewhere. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:10:41 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: SF show Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 11-Sep-98 TMBG: SF show by Courtney Patubo@broder.c > They also did an impromptu ("this isn't on the setlist, but I wanna do this." > -F) performance of "Mr. Tambourine Man". I am curious if anyone who went to th did they do Weep Day, too? :) actually, I'm really curious as to what songs were played, since it seems they're bringing back lots of old stuff... there's really no harm in posting a list of songs here. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <56aa356f.35f98483@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:13:55 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? In a message dated 9/11/98 10:16:38 AM, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: > >course i member evan! :) IPCD's! in fact, wasn't he the one that made >the page to show all the OMLT designs too? > he was one who (like me) was also screwed over for a trade with that cortney girl (not active listie courtney ) for tapes of the IP show s... (this was all before the IPCD stuff obviously)... but. that's what sticks in my mind. also... oh! --------> http://spot.home.ml.org "More fun than a barrel of monkeys!" :) remember's people's sigs, sarah "i wish that i could jump out of my sig" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:49:04 -0700 Message-ID: <0003F4D7.C21427@broder.com> From: Courtney_Patubo@broder.com (Courtney Patubo) Subject: Re[2]: TMBG: SF show Lawrence Solomon sez: >actually, I'm really curious as to what songs were played, since it >seems they're bringing back lots of old stuff... there's really no harm >in posting a list of songs here. Well, I didn't take notes, but I'll try (prolly not in correct order)... Severe Tire Damage theme Dr. Worm Whistling in the Dark They Got Lost Twisting She's Actual Size Why Does the Sun Shine? Return to the Planet of the Apes Your Racist Friend Window SEXXY No One Knows my Plan Spider Birdhouse in Your Soul Don't Let's Start The Guitar James K. Polk I am not Your Broom Mammal Famous Polka Spy Lie Still, Little Bottle Particle Man Shoehorn With Teeth Exquisite Dead Guy New York City Istanbul (Not Constantinople) I prolly have missed some, but here it is, FYI. Might I add that the floor at the Fillmore is quite bouncy. :) -- C o u r t n e y L. P a t u b o toonie@tmbg.org (home) * cpatubo@broder.com (work) ICQ# 3762743 * http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo "The following sentence is false. The preceeding sentence is true." ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:46:58 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Rike Center / Evan? Message-ID: <19980911.155941.11062.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> > I remember Evan - seems like he resurfaced a few months ago, only >to >immediately disappear again. Or maybe that was someone else... yeah... that was evan... he was reoffering the IPCD's... then when he got rid of 'em he dissappeared... >he was one who (like me) was also screwed over for a trade with that >cortney >girl (not active listie courtney ) for tapes of the IP show s... >(this was >all before the IPCD stuff obviously)... but. that's what sticks in my >mind. how odd that you should mention courtney... i was gonna say that christi our shoe goddess reminded me a bit of her... but ya know. i don't think she ever planned to not send everyone the IP shows she jsut got overwhelmed by it all and did nothing. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:33:18 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: San Francisco review Message-ID: Hi 'vryone Whoooo, what a show! My third, and far and away the best yet! Just when I'd made up my mind that TMBG's live show was 'good' and nothing more, they go and prove me wrong. Horns galore (Linnell even hauled out his bari sax), the Setlist of Coolness (see below), and the band (up to and including Linnell, who was grinning from ear to ear (ye gods, that man is attractive)) was having a blast. So I left Mountain View, where I work, at 5. The 40-mile drive took me an hour and a half. (I swear, if our beloved civic leaders don't do something about traffic soon... but I digress.) I (finally) got to San Francisco and managed to a) not get lost, and b) find cheap public parking. At this point the casual observer (the casual observer familiar with San Francisco, anyway) would conclude that I'd exhausted my quota of luck for the night (nay, the week). But no. I eventually got into the Fillmore (big dark room, blacklight-lit chandeliers... vewwy intewesting decor...) and staked out a spot near the front. At precisely 8 (yes! Things were on time, too! I was on a roll!), the opener, Michael Shelley, comes out. He was actually quite good--melodic, catchy stuff, scads of two- and three-part harmonies. A half hour break, and then TMBG!!! I will let the setlist speak for itself (it's out of order, except for the encores.) Whisling In The Dark Severe Tire Damage Theme Working Undercover for the Man (new one! I like it, great 60's vibe (specially the sha-la-la chorus) and classic TMBG mixture of cheerful music and dark, faintly disturbing lyrics.) They Got Lost (Linnell: "How many want to hear us play this too fast?" *audience cheers wildly* "How many want to hear us start too fast and then slow down halfway through?" *more wild cheering* Flans: "I'm not hearing any cheering from the band, John.") Absolutely Bill's Mood (!) Twisting I Am Not Your Broom (two Johns singing close harmony, very slowly and softly, with solo accordion accompaniment. *yum*) Window (!) a songlet about John F's desire to fire the cannon on stage. James K. Polk (Linnell: "This is a song named after a street named after a guy." Audience: *cheers* Linnell: "That was the most cryptic intro I could think of." (Polk Street is a large S.F. throughfare.)) She's An Angel (!!) What can I say? I can die happy now. The Guitar ->Everybody Conga-> No One Knows My Plan (yes, this way, and not the other way 'round.) Battle for Planet of the Apes. People won. Your Racist Friend (!) She's Actual Size SEXXY Birdhouse Mammal (Linnell: "Here's a song we didn't play last tour.") Particle Man (Linnell: "Here's a song we did play last tour. I remember it.") Why Does The Sun Shine? I Palindrome I (Flans: "We're going to play another new one now.") Mr. Tambourine Man (On the accordion, no less. I solemnly swear that I am not making this up! Furthermore, they did a lovely job.) Dr. Worm The Famous Polka New York City __ Exquisite Dead Guy-> Lie Still, Little Bottle (with The Stick!) Spy (Flans conducted, then Linnell.) Istanbul (with horn intro) __ Shoehorn with Teeth Don't Let's Start There's probably some omissions, but I think I got most of it. Whooo! Talk about songs I *never* thought I'd get to hear live!! Sorry I didn't see any of you there... I yelled, but no one answered. :( I was the bespectacled one in the The Man shirt (there were very few The Man shirts, or at least I didn't see another one); second row, center stage. Hope to see some of you at the Moxy Fruvous show later this month... --nicole the wonder nerd still blissed-out ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <589d1a00.35f9b53f@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:41:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG on Loveline eeew...you were watching loveline with your grandfather? yucky.... Matt --blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be-- Hearing Aid ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <8895fe02.35f9b66e@aol.com> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 19:46:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: PLANET OF THE APES yeah, there wasn't even an actual movie called Return to the planet of the apes, but there was a made for TV film called back to the planet of the apes. Matt --blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be-- Hearing Aid ------------------------------ From: SLFFV@cc.usu.edu Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 18:40:21 -0700 (MST) Subject: TMBG: Mormons love TMBG Message-id: <01J1OUWOA1HE8WXOOC@cc.usu.edu> Arwen wrote: Which # wife is she planning to be? (In response to ...One of my friends says that she is going to raise her kids on TMBG...) She isn't a polygamist- even though I am not Mormon, I believe it is safe to say that polygamy isn't considered to be something the LDS church condones in this day & age... Jenn ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809120105.VAA28488@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 20:05:13 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: Mormons love TMBG >She isn't a polygamist- even though I am not Mormon, I believe it is safe to >say that polygamy isn't considered to be something the LDS church condones in >this day & age... You are correct. Not only is it no longer condoned by the church, but it is illegal in the U.S.. Why is it illegal? Simply because it would give too many tax breaks? Is it yet another law in place only because of the Judeo-Christian background of the nation? Or was someone trying to write a law against polynomials and accidentally wrote polygamy? Harf, Mitch "When someone says `Society has a desperate need for bug-free software', my first thought is `Well, the residents of Hell need icewater. That doesn't mean they're gonna get it'. Maybe that's why I'm not in marketing." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809120319.WAA00969@cs.utexas.edu> Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 20:32:48 -0500 From: ska-ti-da Subject: TMBG: factory showroom sessions... howdy... anyone know where i could procure good mp3's of the factory showroom session songs? i used to have them but lost them when my computer decided to kill itself a while ago..... did anyone open for them at the S.F. show? who if so? anyone have plans for dallas/austin/houston shows? any other questions? thanks... rabidchild paul swan ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <6dbf3e71.35f9f83c@aol.com> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:27:40 EDT Subject: TMBG: Yet another STD review I was shocked to see this in my local (Miami, FL) "alternative" newspaper; didn't think they knew TMBG existed! It's a pretty fair review overall, tho the critic gets a bit carried away with the hyphenated descriptions :p They Might Be Giants Severe Tire Damage Restless Many a fan has salivated over the prospect of a live record from Brooklyn's They Might Be Giants, and the duo faced a daunting task in picking tracks for its first such attempt, Severe Tire Damage. John Linnell and John Flansburgh have seldom wavered from their simple recipe of cheeky wit, smart wordplay, and bold musical strokes, but this succinct collection of old and new tracks does only a fair job of documenting their creative travelling circus. The material spans their twelve-year career, but the band's history is much more diverse than Severe Tire Damage suggests. The album's focus lies squarely in capturing the sound of the fifteen-piece touring band the duo put together in 1992. Although the disk is fun and memorable, it lacks some of the sweat and energy the Giants bring to their scorching live performances. In particular, the dirtier-sounding versions of "Birdhouse in Your Soul," "Ana Ng," and "Particle Man" lose some steam in the translation. There is, however, a lot to like here. The record offers five new tunes, including "Dr. Worm" and "Severe Tire Damage Theme," two brassy numbers that mimic Sixties television theme songs. The best of this fresh quintet is the hilarious "They Got Lost," a never-before-recorded TMBG live show staple about the various times the band has taken a wrong turn on the way to a gig. Of the older songs, the science-lesson charm of "Why Does the Sun Shine" morphs into an all-out rave, and the ultimate new-wave battle of the bands portrayed in "XTC vs. Adam Ant" takes on bravura in front of a crowd. "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" and "She's Actual Size" also sound great, benefiting from the band's slinky, swing-jazz guitar treatment. The super-bad horns and squealing guitars of "S-E-X-X-Y" and the quivering organ and grungy pogo-pop of "Til My Head Falls Off" are also of the moment--perfect for frentic, head-in-the-speaker dancing. And for the true fan, the band has included seven hidden tracks featuring about twelve minutes of improv songs based on the Planet of the Apes movies. Lines such as "We're waiting for our thumbs" and "This ape's for you/He wants to love you" are sung as a ballad, a jazz odyssey, a heavy-metal dirge, a disco inferno, eletronic prog-rock, atonal horror movie music, and finally a distorted coctail croon. Whether they're maniacally funny or just sloppy and silly, these tidbits of whimsy underscore the fact that anything can happen in the charged atmosphere of a TMBG concert. Severe Tire Damage offers a peep-show glimpse of the band's career on the road but misses the opportunity to showcase the deep catalogue and wry showmanship that keeps their audience coming back. - Robin Myrick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004f01bdde06$479a3360$75896fc6@pavilion> From: "Kirsten Brodbeck" Subject: Re: TMBG: San Francisco review Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:31:57 -0400 >Whoooo, what a show! My third, and far and away the best yet! Just when >I'd made up my mind that TMBG's live show was 'good' and nothing more, >they go and prove me wrong Anybody boot this? I REALLY wanna hear their version of "Mr. Tambourine Man"... Kirsten /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ "And also, we're just not that good-looking." - John Flansburgh, TMBG kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu - Kirsten Brodbeck - AKA Crow ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 01:20:54 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: San Francisco review Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 11-Sep-98 TMBG: San Francisco review by Nicole Carlson@ucdavis.e > Absolutely Bill's Mood (!) ok, so I'm curious... what was the arrangement on this one? three part horns, or Linnell on keyboard? and did She's an Angel have the cool extended intro like it did back in 1994 and 1995? (hmmm, Absolutely Bill's Mood... She's an Angel... Don't Let's Start... could they be gearing up for a first album show at the Bowery Ballroom in October? :) sounds like a *lot* of accordion. I can't wait to see them in Cleveland, now... it's 1994 all over again. :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980912071953.0071d2a8@cybnetonline.com> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 02:19:53 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: PLANET OF THE APES At 07:46 PM 9/11/98 EDT, DrWormX@aol.com wrote: >yeah, there wasn't even an actual movie called Return to the planet of the >apes, but there was a made for TV film called back to the planet of the apes. > Aw, but what you forge is that "Return to the planet of the apes" was the cartoon. I watched "Behind The Planet of The Apes," That is one smooth documenory. It rocks. LDB -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Ultimate Maxx Webpage - The Maxx IDA (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980912040450.007a7b60@mail.uslink.net> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:04:50 -0500 From: "J.D. Malmquist" Subject: TMBG: New listee... Hola all.. I'm a new member on the list - haven't even gotten a single message yet. My wife and I will be going to the Sep 29th show in Minneapolis at First Ave, so maybe we can meet up with a few other listees while there. We also managed to find a copy of Why Does the Sun Shine (CD) at a used store last weekend. I think I prefer the version of Spy on that CD to the one on John Henry. JD ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:22:59 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dress Code Message-ID: <19980912.095109.9686.0.gray42@juno.com> Ok Lessee, the last show I went to... um I saw a lot of 30+ - year old males and females, that in their dressing, they attempted to give the illusion that they were formal business people who were kicking back, relaxing, dropping a few beers and having a great time. As for the crowd around my age, they were men with lengthy hair, females w/ spikes and odd colourings in their hair, and as for dress, both sexes look like they just through on some cloths in utter darkness (which is probably one of coolest ways to dress). Mysterio Gal (fellow Overman) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 10:29:14 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: the hopping syndrome (was SF show) Message-ID: <19980912.110915.9686.2.gray42@juno.com> On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 10:31:49 -0700 Courtney_Patubo@broder.com (Courtney Patubo) writes: . My feet still ache a bit from my own furious >hopping, >but it feels pretty good. ^_^;; ah yes, I think this is a common leg ache that all listees may share. The music makes you hop, your having a great time, you don't feel a thing. You sing at the top of your lungs, after the show, John signs your stuff (you still feel nothing except for the slight feeling of tired weakness and exhilleration. You go home completely happy and in love with the world. You wake up, still completely happy and in love with the world, than promptly fall out of bed. And to your utter suprise, you can no longer the way you could the day before. And this leg pain lasts 1-3 days, but the whole tome your happy cause you've seen a really fantastic They Might Be Giants concert, this happiness can last anywhere from a week-or the rest of your life. Personally I feel the pain mixes well with the pleasure, it's worth getting a short term leg disability, if it concerns hopping to the tune of John and John. Man, I'd really like to try to take those moon shoes to their concert, ya know, the ones with the built in trampolenes :), or maybe I'm just looking for a death sentence :P Mysterio Gal (who is currently listening to "Puppet Head", and the strangest images are comming to her mind) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #10-11 ******************************