Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #10-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 10, Number 13 Wednesday, 16 September 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Tiny STD review in People. NON-TMBG: R & G are Dead... TMBG: ATTN: utah listies Re: TMBG: Concrete and Clay TMBG: Re: factory showroom sessions Re: TMBG: Re: factory showroom sessions Re: TMBG: Tiny STD review in People. TMBG: Re: factory showroom sessions Re: TMBG: ATTN: CO listies TMBG: Who's going to the dallas show? TMBG: TMBG Video Bootleg Site Updated TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions TMBG: SLC TMBG: oops TMBG: Atlanta show! TMBG: ATTN: UT listies again Re: TMBG: Re: factory showroom sessions Re: TMBG: FS sessions TMBG: Interview (questions needed) Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions Re: TMBG: FS sessions TMBG: factory showroom sessions Re: TMBG: Atlanta show! Re: TMBG: "SNAIL SHELL?" Re: TMBG: factory showroom sessions TMBG: a ride TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #10-12 TMBG: FS Sessions TMBG: Bold faced lie? Re: TMBG: FS sessions/PODAS TMBG: High School Yearbook Non-TMBG: Bad words on cable TMBG: Chat! Re: Non-TMBG: Bad words on cable Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Re: TMBG: Chat! Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Re: TMBG: Chat! Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Re: TMBG: Chat! Re: Non-TMBG: Bad words on cable Re: TMBG: Chat! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 01:09:43 -0500 (CDT) From: "Albert B. McWilliams" Subject: Re: TMBG: Tiny STD review in People. Message-ID: how bout "Whack"? Al "sticky" mcwilliams amcwilli@mail.smu.edu On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Jeremy Skrenes wrote: > AARRGGHH! can't these people find another word to describe them? > quirky IS getting a bit overused. > > > ----------------------------------------- > Jeremy Skrenes > Email: Jeremy.Skrenes@valpo.edu > Valparaiso University > > ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 00:58:22 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: R & G are Dead... Message-ID: On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 Monotreme3@aol.com wrote: > But as Scott has never had anything to write home about, this is nothing > special, and therefore, nothing to write home about. > -Carey > "Sometimes I really just feel like misquoting Rosencrants and Gildensturn are > Dead... *and* misspelling it." woohoo!!!!! :) this has *got* to be my favorite play of all time. i first saw it (movie version) shortly before my 15th birthday, and i was completely and totally hooked. --jim kuemmerle, who is after all only a conspiracy of cartographers... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 01:14:17 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: ATTN: utah listies Message-ID: hey, everybody -- i found out that right next to the wasatch events center (3485 S. MAIN) there is a mexican food restaurant (La Puente, 3434 S. STATE). do any of you want to meet there before the show? doors open to the concert at 7:00, and i have to be down there fairly early anyway, so i was thinking i would show up at the restaurant probably around 5:30. anybody interested? (by the way, for those of you who don't know me very well yet (such as those of you who haven't been on the list very long,) i am completely and totally harmless. the worst i might possibly do is try and convince you that balkan folk music is really neat. that's it. i swear. if you want, i'm sure some of the longer-term listies would be more than willing to vouch for me; just let me know.) anyway, if you want to meet me before/at/after the show, i'll be wearing a red shirt (of some sort; depends on what the weather's like man~ana), jeans, and possibly a black greek fisherman's hat. i'm about 5'10", with blonde hair and a red beard. and glasses. if you want to see a picture, try: http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/me.jpg or http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/hawt.gif --jim kuemmerle, for whom it's finally sinking in that THE SLC SHOW IS TOMORROW!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 03:27:39 -0400 (EDT) From: "mike@journalx.com" Subject: Re: TMBG: Concrete and Clay Message-ID: On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 njh23@email.byu.edu wrote: > Hello fellow listees > I recently read the lyrics to a TMBG song called "Concrete and Clay." > Can anyone shed light on this subject? Perhaps a copy is gathering dust > somewhere? I really enjoyed the lyrics and I would like to hear the song. > This song was originally recorded by the Unit 4 + 2. TMBG's brilliant version can be heard on the cassette The Power of Dial-A-Song. I am not aware of any legitimate release of this recording, which is a terrible terrible shame. MIKe www.journalx.com and: Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour's new home! www.connection.com/~alexg featuring the return of the new and improved TMBG page Last movie seen: Six String Samurai Last CD heard: The Residents - Wormwood Last alcoholic beverage consumed: Brown cow Last exit: to Brooklyn ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35FE51EA.347269B8@pacificnet.net> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 03:39:27 -0800 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: factory showroom sessions ---ska-ti-da wrote: > > howdy... anyone know where i could procure good mp3's of the factory > showroom session songs? i used to have them but lost them when my computer > decided to kill itself a while ago..... Every time this comes up, I'm going to yell at you just like I have in the past. Common sense should tell you that trading or downloading unreleased studio tracks is not a cool thing to do. Those extra songs became available on the Net and on bootlegs against TMBG and Elektra's will. When I expressed this point of view to the list last year, EVERYONE opposed it. A few months later, a listee offered a Real Audio exclusive interview with Linnell on his web page. In it Linnell clearly said how upset he was about it. I quoted his comments here thinking it would put an end to the debate. Amazingly, however, everyone STILL defended having it! They said stuff like: "I'll buy it when it comes out so it's okay for me to have it now." or " They don't know me personally so why should I care what they think." or "Well, its not my fault for having it. It's their fault because they didn't protect it well enough." or "It was very wrong someone made copies of the sessions tape but its not bad for me to have it because I didn't make the first copy." Anyone else got any lame excuses? They entertain me. Really, they do! -B O N G O __________________________________ "I dance like my feet are my tongue when I eat" -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980915123501.007e8960@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:35:01 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: factory showroom sessions At 03:39 15/09/98 -0800, you wrote: >---ska-ti-da wrote: >> >> howdy... anyone know where i could procure good mp3's of the factory >> showroom session songs? i used to have them but lost them when my computer >> decided to kill itself a while ago..... > > Every time this comes up, I'm going to yell at you just like I have in the past. Common >sense should tell you that trading or downloading unreleased studio tracks is not a cool >thing to do. Those extra songs became available on the Net and on bootlegs against TMBG >and Elektra's will. When I expressed this point of view to the list last year, EVERYONE >opposed it. > > A few months later, a listee offered a Real Audio exclusive interview with Linnell on >his web page. In it Linnell clearly said how upset he was about it. I quoted his comments >here thinking it would put an end to the debate. > > Amazingly, however, everyone STILL defended having it! They said stuff like: "I'll buy >it when it comes out so it's okay for me to have it now." or " They don't know me >personally so why should I care what they think." or "Well, its not my fault for having >it. It's their fault because they didn't protect it well enough." or "It was very wrong >someone made copies of the sessions tape but its not bad for me to have it because I >didn't make the first copy." > If I may make a point, for myself and my fellow British They-fans, MP3s/RA and alike are an absolute god-send. Without this medium, we would never hear some of the tracks that in the US many of you take for granted. I, myself never keep MP3s for very long because they get over-played and irritating and I'm sure others do the same as me because let's face it, besides the famliraity aspect, MP3 files are quite large and DO build up a lot of used space after a while. Should a compilation of rares be released then I'd buy it as soon as I could, I don't think getting tmbg sound files is at all damaging to tmbg/record label as most of us buy ANYTHING that comes out without a second thought anyway. Let's face it, you arn't going to change people's minds by telling them your own point of veiw, people just don't work like that, but it is nice to see someone defending the Johns, their record label and their money. --Uncle "people should get beat up for stating their beliefs" Squid Colin Ellesley: The eastern counties authority on Carter USM/TMBG/Bennet/The Levellers Home Page: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html New Photo Site: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/cols/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> -- Quotes about Colin #1 -- "He loves carter usm so much, he probably screams out lyrics when he cums" -- Mira <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ From: Stewart Russell 3295 Analyst_Programmer Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 13:20:58 +0100 (BST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Tiny STD review in People. Message-ID: <13822.23335.676251.84304@helmsdale> >>>>> "Jeremy" == Jeremy Skrenes writes: Jeremy> AARRGGHH! can't these people find another word to Jeremy> describe them? quirky IS getting a bit overused. What they need is a good thesaurus ;-) quirky (adj.) = odd capricious, curious, eccentric, fanciful, idiosyncratic, offbeat, peculiar, rum (Brit. slang), singular, unpredictable, unusual, whimsical -- Stewart C. Russell Analyst Programmer, Dictionary Division stewart@ref.collins.co.uk HarperCollins Publishers use Disclaimer; my $opinion; Glasgow, Scotland ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 06:02:39 -0600 Subject: TMBG: Re: factory showroom sessions Message-ID: <19980915.062548.9862.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> uhm... i don't want to start a lil flaming war but every unreleased song on the FS sessions tape has, at one point or another, been featured on Dial-A-Song. which i'm sure your next thing will be to say that the Power of DAS bootlegs are wrong as well but... at least they're making the songs available to the masses so it's not like... arg, nevermind. and yes, i will continue to trade that bootleg, whether it's "wrong" or not. I think trading that's just as wrong as trading copies of the '84 and '85 demos... i mean think about it... it's material that one way or another was made available to the public but basically isn't anymore... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 06:25:40 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: ATTN: CO listies Message-ID: <19980915.062548.9862.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> HEy HEY D-Town kiddies... Russ, Tara, Shaun?, and any others coloradoans... it seems as tho jim covered everything i wanted to in his post so i'm just gonna reply to his message... don't be confused... it's just for me to keep track and make sure i say everything i want to say :) >i found out that right next to the wasatch events center (3485 S. >MAIN) >there is a mexican food restaurant (La Puente, 3434 S. STATE). As far as meeting up for dinner, i'm not gonna mainly because i live like 3 blocks away from the venue... i thought about it but. Anyways, you're on colfax... there are plenty of uhm, nice, places to go around the theater. If you don't mind going a few blocks check out Zorba's on 12th (member colfax is really 15th... they just gave it a name). That way you don't have to spend any extra time on colfax than is really necessary... I'm most likely gonna stop by "across the street" which as it's name would have it, is across the street from the theater... it's a friendly little cafe... :) >doors open to the concert at >7:00, i believe doors open at 8:00 (opening band is at 9:00?) > so i was >thinking i >would show up at the restaurant probably around 5:30. anybody >interested? I'm gonna be in line at like 5:00-5:30 unless they are gonna be on KTCL (yes, last sunday alf said he's working on getting an interview with Them) or some other radio station (i'm gonna start calling around today to make sure). at which point i'll record the radio broadcast and then head down to the theater... Feel free to cut in line and join up with us... just pretend like (depending on your age) you're of some sort of relation to me... :) >anyway, if you want to meet me before/at/after the show, i'll be >wearing a handmade shirt... the front is pretty much like his CD but it says "today's selections : Michael Shelley" and on the back it's "THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS" in the "dot-font" on STD. and uhm, prolly some khaki cargo type pants (yay delias)! i'm gonna try to be front row (ya don't stand in line for 3 and a half hours otherwise... i'm thinking about being typical-stage-flans but who knows... After the show i'll be in the alley... yes, that's where i've met multitudes of bands and anyways, it's just like the ogden, if there isn't a guard at the door you can sneak backstage... pretty cool :) > i'm about 5'10", >with >blonde hair and a red beard. and glasses. i'm 5'7" blonde hair, about shoulder length. ya know what, who am i kidding. i look like Taylor Hanson (he's the middle brother) with breasts... i think i'll wear my hair up tho... i look a little bit less like him when i do that >--jim kuemmerle, for whom it's finally sinking in that THE SLC SHOW IS >TOMORROW!!!!!! take it easy, JOrdaN, for whom it's sunk in that THE D-TOWN SHOW IS TOMORROW!!!! http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:31:28 -0500 From: Dark Subject: TMBG: Who's going to the dallas show? Hey, just wanted to see if anybody else on this list is in Dallas, and is going to the show on friday(the 18th). I'd like to know how many TMBG fans live in the metroplex and are on this mailing list. -DarkRoland ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35FE8035.9EBF7C49@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:56:53 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: TMBG Video Bootleg Site Updated Hello fellow TMBG-listers! I'm looking forward to the Denver concert this Wednesday evening. I guess that they play in Salt Lake City this evening. I may see a few list-members there, (hi Jordan), and I'm bringing a friend who I hope to convert to THEY. I've been adding images captured from my TMBG video archives to my web page. Check it out, check it totally out! If you've got TMBG video that you want to trade, contact me. If you just want a copy of one of my compilations, see my web page for details. http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm Russ ======================================================================== Russ Josephson http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158 Berthoud, Colorado, USA mailto:russj@juno.com "... not everyone is passionate about music ..." -- Joe Jackson "I took off the intellectuals, and put on There May Be Giants" -- Gloria "It is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do" -- 2 Nephi 25:23 ======================================================================== ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001201bde0ba$857f6720$5a228a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 09:07:12 -0600 Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the reason Linnell was so upset about the Factory Showroom Sessions floating around the net because they were, in fact, /stolen/ from the studio? That's what I seem to remember being the problem. Now, if this is the case, do some of you mean to tell me that you would actually /support/ this sort of behavior by downloading them? You know what this does? It tells whoever stole them that, 'Hey..these things are in demand..and people like what I've done. Maybe I should steal some more from John and John.' I don't care if it's hard for you to get unreleased, or even released tracks. Supporting someone who stole from the Johns is horrible. There is no excuse. Thank you. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. The effect? I'll tell you what the effect is! It's pissing me off! Ghostbusters, the Movie. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ From: SLFFV@cc.usu.edu Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:44:01 -0600 (MDT) Subject: TMBG: SLC Message-id: <01J1TZCOR3CI96VR08@cc.usu.edu> The SLC show IS tonight, & I'm really excited! It will be so squamosal! However, I won't be getting down there in time to go out to eat before the show, and chances are, it will be closed when the show is over. I have to wait until one of the friends I'm going with gets off work-but I may still see you there. I will have my hair up, partially braided on sides (brown), I'm about 5'11, and will be wearing jeans and some sort of animal advocacy type t-shirt (maybe one with vegetarian advocate type slogan , but then again it might be something else-haven't decided yet) Jen slvvf@cc.usu.edu ------------------------------ From: SLFFV@cc.usu.edu Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:44:57 -0600 (MDT) Subject: TMBG: oops Message-id: <01J1TZJLRPDK96VR08@cc.usu.edu> my email is SLFFV not slvvf-just my computer having a mind of its own! Jen ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980915174742.385.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Mystery Cow" Subject: TMBG: Atlanta show! Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:47:42 PDT ...hey listees, I know it's a good long way off (over three whole weeks!), but is there anyone going to the Atlanta show on October 10th? Contact me personally and let's see what we can do to unite! Son GoCruz Nac uoy sa gnol sa rof, lanimilbus eht otni erates." -John Linnell ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:46:53 -0600 (MDT) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: ATTN: UT listies again Message-ID: On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > I'm gonna be in line at like 5:00-5:30 unless they are gonna be on KTCL > (yes, last sunday alf said he's working on getting an interview with > Them) or some other radio station (i'm gonna start calling around today > to make sure). at which point i'll record the radio broadcast and then > head down to the theater... > Feel free to cut in line and join up with us... just pretend like > (depending on your age) you're of some sort of relation to me... :) ooh! i like that idea, jordan! any UT listies can feel free to cut in with me in line. i'll probably get in line around 6:15 or so, after eating my mexican food... oh, and if you have trouble finding me before the show, yell LIST! and i will yell LIST! back. or yell SNAIL SHELL! and i will yell THANK YOU! back. --jim kuemmerle, who hopes the mexican food is new mexico-style, but who knows it really doesn't matter because I WILL BE SEEING TMBG FOR THE FIRST TIME IN EIGHT YEARS OF RABID FANDOM IN A MATTER OF JUST A FEW HOURS!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!! j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:53:52 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: factory showroom sessions Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 15-Sep-98 TMBG: Re: factory showroom .. by Bongo@pacificnet.net > Anyone else got any lame excuses? They entertain me. Really, they do! yes. it's actually pretty much a moot point now, since versions of Rat Patrol, On the Drag and Certain People I Could Name have all appeared on Dial-a-Song Online, They Got Lost has changed considerably and was released on Severe Tire Damage. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the other songs show up on DASOnline at some point, too... Counterfeit Faker and Reprehensible will probably be on there.... Older may never appear in any official TMBG recording, though. They've said that many times. And to those who have heard On the Drag on DASOnline, cherish it (or be glad they changed it), since that's probably the last we'll ever hear of that version. :) Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:53:54 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: FS sessions Message-ID: <19980915.145356.13318.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> OK, everyone is talking about this FS sessions boot (which I declined to get) and how they were stolen (which IS wrong) I downloaded the songs too... from dialasong.com. That's right, these songs are from the factory showroom sessions... I know because I previously downloaded the studio ver. of Certain People and On The Drag which are the same ones you can download at dialasong.com... And I just download TMBG mp3's to tide me over until I can get my hands on those hard to find Elektra EPs... Once I get the CD I delete from my HD to make room... For instance, I FINALLY found the Guitar single and so I deleted the mp3's that day... I would definately buy any CD with these songs on them so I could delete the mp3's and carry the songs around with me... which is hard to do with mp3's unless you have some very expensive equipment... The main purpose of this post was to say that the FS sessions are featured at dialasong.com Tim, WXEZ 94.1 Intern / lackey / Co-Host Big Band Show Sat. 6-11 (except sept. 19) Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Everybody Conga Last CD purchase: Royal Crown Revue - The Contender Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809151937.PAA01005@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:32:19 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: TMBG: Interview (questions needed) A friend of mine is interviewing TMBG prior to their concert in Austin. If you have any questions you'd like answered, then please e-mail me and let me know. I can't guarantee they'll get asked, but I'll pass them along to my friend who is soliciting suggestions. Harf, Mitch "When someone says `Society has a desperate need for bug-free software', my first thought is `Well, the residents of Hell need icewater. That doesn't mean they're gonna get it'. Maybe that's why I'm not in marketing." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809151940.PAA01212@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:40:00 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions >unreleased, or even released tracks. Supporting someone who stole from the >Johns is horrible. There is no excuse. Thank you. It is a mild form of hypocrisy. I wouldn't steal from them. But if someone steals unreleased music from them, and it is available for me to download, then I will download it. I wouldn't steal it myself. But for me it is similar to eating meat. I could never kill an animal myself, but at the same time I am willing to eat meat. It is hypocrisy, I admit it, but everyone has hypocrisy in their life at some level. I recognize that I am a hypocrit when it comes to this. When it comes to They Might Be Giants, I love their music to such a degree that if it is available, then I will download it or purchase it. I agree, by downloading it I am, in some sense, implicitly condoning and encouraging the theft. In a perfect world (well, my perfect world), TMBG would release 1000 albums a day, I'd be able to afford them all, TMBG would prosper, and there'd be no unreleased material to lust after. I don't know if this defense will mean anything to some of you -- I know a great deal of people who will just take the moral high ground on such an issue. And although I'm by no means Christian, I do somewhat agree with the idea of "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." This idea has its limits, in my mind, but I'd say that we all commit minor hypocrisies. Note that this does not excuse it, does not absolve us of the guilt, etc.. I can tell that I'm babbling now, so I probably ought to stop. I just wish I was unbelievably wealthy -- then I'd compensate John & John for everything that was ever stolen from them, and I'd pay them to play at my apartment every night. :) Harf, Mitch "When someone says `Society has a desperate need for bug-free software', my first thought is `Well, the residents of Hell need icewater. That doesn't mean they're gonna get it'. Maybe that's why I'm not in marketing." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <89b4b61.35feca99@aol.com> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:14:17 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Factory Showroom Sessions In a message dated 9/15/98 11:11:34 AM, Refund@nmt.edu writes: > I don't care if it's hard for you to get > >unreleased, or even released tracks. Supporting someone who stole from >the > >Johns is horrible. There is no excuse. Thank you. well, what if - like me - you got the tape before you knew that they were stolen? demolish your copy? i think not. i'm gonna save my 2 cents.. i've already contributed to this debate every time it came up. sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:20:18 -0500 From: Marvin Subject: Re: TMBG: FS sessions why not just find a cd burning by some cd's (they are about a $1 a piece now) and burn some copies then you don't have to carry them on hard disk. Not only that but convert them to aiff files so that the cd players would read them as tracks and play them like regular cd's. At 1:53 PM -0500 9/15/98, mr.train@juno.com wrote: > OK, everyone is talking about this FS sessions boot (which I >declined to get) and how they were stolen (which IS wrong) I downloaded >the songs too... from dialasong.com. > That's right, these songs are from the factory showroom >sessions... I know because I previously downloaded the studio ver. of >Certain People and On The Drag which are the same ones you can download >at dialasong.com... > And I just download TMBG mp3's to tide me over until I can get my >hands on those hard to find Elektra EPs... Once I get the CD I delete >from my HD to make room... For instance, I FINALLY found the Guitar >single and so I deleted the mp3's that day... I would definately buy any >CD with these songs on them so I could delete the mp3's and carry the >songs around with me... which is hard to do with mp3's unless you have >some very expensive equipment... > The main purpose of this post was to say that the FS sessions are >featured at dialasong.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980915210825.16633.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: TMBG: factory showroom sessions Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 14:08:25 PDT Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > And to those who have heard On the Drag on DASOnline, cherish it >(or be > glad they changed it), since that's probably the last we'll ever >hear of > that version. :) I haven't heard it. What so special about it? On a possibly related note, I once heard that Elektra refused to release "Reprehsible." Does anyone have any idea why? -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:48:33 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Atlanta show! Message-ID: <19980915.155744.12734.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Nac uoy sa gnol sa rof, lanimilbus eht otni erates." -John Linnell uhm, you misquoted him... "erates" should be "erats" take it easy, JOrdaN, i just like to hear my own voice... http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 15:42:01 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: "SNAIL SHELL?" Message-ID: <19980915.155743.12734.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> >oh, and if you have trouble finding me before the show, yell LIST! and >i >will yell LIST! back. or yell SNAIL SHELL! and i will yell THANK YOU! >back. hahaa... i paid no attention to that SS/TY thread way back when, just cuz i figured they wouldn't be coming out here for awhile... i however, am still all for yelling "LIST" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:55:12 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: factory showroom sessions Hmm.... with all this talk about the good/bad of the FS Sessions bootlegs, I think I shall relate to you this eeiry story. Actually, last week, my car tape player, which has never done anything out of the ordinary (besides genreal all around suckiness) ate my FS sessions tape. And now to add to the debate... I feel bad for the Johns if it is true that the tapes were burglerized fromt eh studios, though not *quite* bad enough not to listen to they yummy music that was on the tape, god rest it's soul. As was in it's will, I got really frustrated when it happened and proceeded to tear the tape bits out of it in a fit of rage and then dispose of them in my outside rubbish bin. I keep it's empty tape case with me in y car now, and I thank Jordan for seting us up together on our first blind date, and though the time we were together was a brief 4 months, I will always cherish them... sob, Graham ------------------------------ From: Tmbg4life@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:37:43 EDT Subject: TMBG: a ride hey is anyone going to the 10/4 show in ann arbor? if so i need a ride ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:19:32 -0700 (PDT) From: Nicole Carlson Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #10-12 Message-ID: > Hey, I just got on this list yesterday, and there have been some > questions that I have wanted answers for for quite some time, and I > figured I'd throw them at all you TMBG experts out there. > 1) I joined the TMBG Information Club and in their newsletters you can > buy their stuff. In one newsletter you could buy "past memberships from > the Hello CD Of the Month Club" like from 1996 it was something like $45. > What IS that? 12 CDs? Or a whole bunch of songs on 1 CD or what? 12 CDs. They're uneven in quality, ranging from the way cool (Hall of Mayors, Santa Special) to the unlistenable (the chick with the annoying voice on "Fingertips", Amy Something I think). Check them out if you're feeling adventurous; some of them are interesting and most of them you won't find anywhere else. Flans's wife Robin is lead singer for a group called Spondee, in case you're curious what she sounds like. Linnell's solo efforts for Hello (State Songs and Hall of Mayors) are available through the Info Club. (Speaking of which, is it just me or are they offering less and less stuff? I'm just glad I got my TMBG keychain while I could.) > 2) Is Mono Puff anything like TMBG? I can't decide if I should get it. No, not really, but get it. Odds are very good that you'll like it. Me, I'm sort of iffy on Mono Puff, but I don't regret getting the CDs. > 3) Would you recommend me getting Misc. T and the self Titled CD or > They: The Earlier years or all 3? (I already have Lincoln) And are those > first 2 more like Lincoln or Apollo 18? To be honest I don't like > Lincoln much at all. CowTown is good, and there are a couple other good > ones, but it's not of the same caliber as the others. Ditto Factory > Showroom. Get T:TEY. It's a better deal than getting them individually. Plus you get the bonus tracks. > 4) Those EPs in the newsletters (Why Does The Sun Shine, They'll Need a > Crane, etc.), are those just singles, or do they contain songs that are > ONLY available on those CDs? The Flood-era and later singles have singles-only tracks and are therefore hard to find. (Just TRY finding a copy of the The Guitar single.) My advice is to pounce on any single you see. > Well, that's it :) Welcome to the group! May I suggest that all the newbies read the FAQ? It will answer all your questions, and then some. :) Re: Concrete and Clay Concrete and Clay is a cover, actually, originally done by Unit 4+2 (I think...) It's on Power of Dial-a-Song, a compilation of DAS tunes. I'd offer to dub my copy of PODAS for you, but it's of truly wretched quality. Someone should be able to help you out. --nicole the wonder nerd ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:34:41 -0400 (EDT) From: "mike@journalx.com" Subject: TMBG: FS Sessions Message-ID: Just to clear this up, the FS tapes were not actually stolen from the studio. They were leaked, just like almost everything ever recorded in any studio by every band, ever. I remember hearing a leaked tape back in 1984 of an entire Police album recorded AFTER Synchronicity which was passed onto me by someone who knew someone who worked in the studio and I'm sure that it is readily available to Police fans if they so want it. Anyway, as far as the FS Sessions are concerned, apparently John and John were not pleased about it, but once it was out I'm sure they didn't expect people to not want to hear it. For the record, I still haven't heard it, but I'd like to, and one day I will. MIKe www.journalx.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980915234352.22140.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Bold faced lie? Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 16:43:51 PDT Ahhh.... It feels good to write to the list again. I've just been skipping all of the posts (unapealing subject lines), but I'm finaly gonna start something new. Where the hell is my Video Comp?!?!??!?!?!!?? Is it real, or just a rumor? Has ANYONE seen the mythical beast??? I've searched every store in the area, the vid is a no show! I fanyone knows anything ealse about the little bastard, please let me know! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "Sex is one of my downfalls. I get sex any way I can get it. If I have to force somebody to do it, I do... I rape them; I've done that. I've killed animals to have sex with them, and I've had sex while they're alive." - Henry Lee Lucas ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:39:52 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: FS sessions/PODAS Message-ID: <19980915.175055.11102.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> >and I thank Jordan for seting us >up >together on our first blind date, and though the time we were together >was a >brief 4 months, I will always cherish them... hehee... np :) and despite the bazillions of times this thread has come up (along with the thread of bootlegs are bad/good, 2:1 trades are bad/good) i will continue to spread the joy of They Might Be Giants and dub the tape for anyone else that wants it. >I'd >offer to dub my copy of PODAS for you, but it's of truly wretched >quality. Someone should be able to help you out. don't get people's hopes up...coming from the phone you're not gonna find a *good* quality copy... *phone quality* is not the greatest, as anyone that's ever called DAS knows... :P the cool thing about PODAS is that you get to hear alot of the demo/alternate versions of songs (IPI has to be the best but...) along with songs that you'll *never* find on any releases. So i spose it doesn't matter if you have phone quality or not... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html TMBG in 27.5 HOURS! :) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: <320eb0e2.35ff0bac@aol.com> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:51:56 EDT Subject: TMBG: High School Yearbook Heyo all I will be graduating from High School this year (thank God!) and we just got a little form we have to hand in on Friday telling the woman that runs the Yearbook what we want next to our picture (I know, it's really early, but she wants to win another award or something). So, where, you might ask, does TMBG relate to this? Well, I might tell you: I would like to have a TMBG, Mono Puff, or Talking Heads/David Byrne quote near my mug. I want something witty and ironic, or cynical and negative, or ideally a combination of all. therein lies the problem. These bands are so witty and creative that there are just too many posibilities! So, can you help me make my mark in the yearbook? Remember, I can only have one quote (stupid limitations) or maybe two, but help soon! I feel like I'm swimming in a pool of brilliance and I can only take two drops of it with me -CAsey, King of Bizarre Metaphors ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980916010916.15932.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: Bad words on cable Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:09:13 PDT Tonight was the premere of Costello, a show that, in my opinion, wasn't that good. But I heard some things on the show that I'd heared on TV shows, and some I hadn't. There were a couple that suprised me. Bull Crap. Ass. Whore. Bitch. Hell. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "Sex is one of my downfalls. I get sex any way I can get it. If I have to force somebody to do it, I do... I rape them; I've done that. I've killed animals to have sex with them, and I've had sex while they're alive." - Henry Lee Lucas ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980915211151.0068bb24@pop.kent.edu> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:11:51 -0400 From: David Hutchinson Subject: TMBG: Chat! Hey! Here is something that everyone knows! There is a TMBG chat on TMBG.COM!!!!! Yeah!!! I am going to the Ohio shows. EndFest at Blossom ruled! I snapped pictures of everyone on stage! I got Flandsberg to sign 2 shirts and my ticket!!! If anyone has any suggestions on how I could get Linnell to sign stuff at the upcoming shows, LET me KNOW!!! Ok?!!! BYE!!!! Dave, who uses too many exclamation marks!!!!! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980915211613.0069e280@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:16:13 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Bad words on cable At 06:09 PM 9/15/98 PDT, Josh Buckland wrote: >Tonight was the premere of Costello, a show that, in my opinion, wasn't >that good. But I heard some things on the show that I'd heared on TV >shows, and some I hadn't. There were a couple that suprised me. > >Bull Crap. >Ass. >Whore. >Bitch. >Hell. Ummm...I'm not sure how often you watch TV, but that's pretty normal and has been for quite some time now... -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980916012454.8051.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 18:24:49 PDT "...And if you're still around, then we'll meet at the end of the tour." "Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beutiful." "Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of" "This was the vehicle, these were the people. You opened the door and expelled all the people." Might I suggest... "You and me and bottle makes three tonight." -Big Bad Voodoo Daddy "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together" "Corperation t-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday man, you've been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long." - The Beatles "I can still see the stars, through these red, white, and blue prison bars" -Cherry poppin' Daddies And lastly... "Sex is one of my downfalls. I get sex any way I can get it. If I have to force somebody to do it, I do... I rape them; I've done that. I've killed animals to have sex with them, and I've had sex while they're alive." - Henry Lee Lucas Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "Sex is one of my downfalls. I get sex any way I can get it. If I have to force somebody to do it, I do... I rape them; I've done that. I've killed animals to have sex with them, and I've had sex while they're alive." - Henry Lee Lucas ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35FEE295.57B3@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:56:36 +0000 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: Chat! Yup Endfest ruled!!!! I'm going to the Odeon show only. Too bad you missed Linnell...he had a lil booth for autographs too. See ya people there...If you wanna meet we can do what the other folks been doing and plan where and stuff. -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:13:15 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Message-ID: <19980915.221441.13934.1.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. you might want to be wary of a negative or "threatening" lyric, as i was instructed. school's have a tendency to do some creative editing if they think that a quote implies something a) dark, b) not positive, c) evil, add the adjective of your choice i wanted to use this line from "She's An Angel": "When you're following an angel, Does it mean you have to throw your body off a building? Somewhere they're meeting on a pinhead, calling you an angel, calling you the nicest things." "the line implied suicide and might be considered threatening to other students." that was what a friend on the yearbook staff told me. the school wasn't going to let it run. i had to switch it with a line from star wars. they also "edited" someone quoting the first line of ginsburg's "howl." God, i'm glad i'm out of high school. anyway, i just wanted to pass along in case you get censored. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf. * ----------------------------------------------- Philly Tour Dates Sept. 27 - Sunny Day Real Estate!!! Oct. 7 - Liz Phair!!! Oct. 8 - BNL!!! Oct. 13 - TMBG!!!!!!!!! * ----------------------------------------------- _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 21:32:11 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Message-ID: <19980915.213214.11246.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Remember, I can only have one quote (stupid limitations) or maybe two, >but >help soon! the TMBG senior quotes collection: "we've finally figured out how we get along and given time we'll find it strange to be alone" "now it's over, i'm dead and i haven't doen anything that i want, or i'm still alive and there's nothing i want to do" "where was i? i forgot the point that i was making" "shout shout shout shout, scream it out. blast your missive tell the wordless message" "I should be allowed to blurt the mearest idea, if by random whim, one occurs to me" "I don't want the world, I just want your half" "everything right is wrong again" "that's all i can think of but i'm sure there's something else" "everything sticks like a broken record, everything sticks until it goes away, and the truth is we don't know anything" i still dig the quote from toy story (the little alien guys...) "i have been chosen, farewell my friends, i go on to a better place" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 22:41:18 -0500 (CDT) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Message-ID: Hey all-- I know, I know. There really isn't a quote from a TMBG song that would work that someone else hasn't already suggested. I just wanted to say that by far the best "yearbook quote" comes from Husker Du: "Yearbooks with their autographs From friends you've never had These, they are important years You better make them last And falling in and out of love just like... These they are important years, your life..." Just works entirely too well. But, I'm assuming that Casey's not a big Husker Du fan, so I would suggest the one that's suggested before: "Everything sticks like a broken record Everything sticks like a broken record Everything sticks until it goes away And the truth is we don't know anything" There are so many that would work, but I just like the idea of poking fun at fake friendships (in the first one) and the fact that formal education doesn't teach you anything (sort of, in the second). But then again, I'm now toiling through college, so what do I know? The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 23:51:51 -0400 (EDT) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook Message-ID: On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, the omnipotent william tatalovich III wrote: > Hey all-- ... > Husker Du fan, so I would suggest the one that's suggested before: > "Everything sticks like a broken record > Everything sticks like a broken record > Everything sticks until it goes away > And the truth is we don't know anything" ok..thats two in a row. am i *wrong* in remembering it as: "and it sticks like a broken record everything sticks like a broken record everything sticks until it goes away..." as opposed to : "everything... everything.. everything... upon the first one i assume either im wrong or their wrong. the second one makes me think im just crazy. ah well..it is of no consequence. --kevin (the new town animal in the furnished cage) (psst....hi bill! i guess its my tun to write, eh?) "i think my watch is busted--so is time" hey! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35FF3FBA.F4F97230@cannet.com> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:34:02 -0400 From: Mike Blaser Subject: Re: TMBG: Chat! David Hutchinson wrote: > EndFest at Blossom ruled! > I snapped pictures of everyone on stage! Damn, I didn't even bother to take a camera, cause at the previous shows I've been to at Blossom, they're damn strict....they make you empty your pockets, empty your bags, and then they pat you down....I know they weren't that tight this time, but how the hell did you sneak it in? BTW, I'll be at the Cleveland show also ~Mike ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 00:57:06 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: High School Yearbook "go ahead and wreck your life, that might be good who can say what's wrong or right? nobody can" "i'm your only friend, i'm not your only friend, etc..." "cant shake the devils hand and say your only kidding" "now i laugh and make a fortune off the same ones that i tortured" "why the dancing, shouting, why the shreaks of pain?" "everyones needs to hang on tighter, just to keep from bieng thrown to the wolves" a small contribution from your friendly neighborhood -batbrain- * -------------------------------------- "in this market its actually hard to find good subterranean housing" -TMNTII ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <968f82e3.35ff49b6@aol.com> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 01:16:38 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Chat! In a message dated 9/15/98 9:57:51 PM, kless@bgnet.bgsu.edu writes: >Yup Endfest ruled!!!! >I'm going to the Odeon show only. >Too bad you missed Linnell...he had a lil booth for autographs too. >See ya people there...If you wanna meet we can do what the other folks >been doing and plan where and stuff. > y'know, you people and linnell.... i've never been to a show where he was signing stuff in person. at the buffalo edgefest it was just johnny f, and i was watching linnell walking around their little setup behind the tiny fence. not fair. although i don't*blame* linnell at all. i'm the same way. not a people person. i just wish he was *consistant*. sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <320f6df9.35ff4a66@aol.com> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 01:19:34 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Bad words on cable In a message dated 9/15/98 9:35:02 PM, ctyner@CLEMSON.EDU writes: > >>Tonight was the premere of Costello, a show that, in my opinion, wasn't > >>that good. But I heard some things on the show that I'd heared on TV >>shows, and some I hadn't. There were a couple that suprised me. >> >>Bull Crap. >>Ass. >>Whore. >>Bitch. >>Hell. > >Ummm...I'm not sure how often you watch TV, but that's pretty normal and >has been for quite some time now... that was my first thought in regards to josh's message, but after reading his horribly unfunny, sick, lame, *sick* sig quote, i assumed it to be that he's just ...trying to be funny again. not succeeding though. sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980916012712.00830b10@pop.cwru.edu> Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 01:27:12 -0400 From: Jeff Roberts Subject: Re: TMBG: Chat! Both times I've gotten Linnelgraphs (at the recent EndFest in cleveland and last year's free show at the Hatch Shell in Boston) he's not been standing by the merch stand like Flans does, but he's been behind some table that either a record store or a radio station is sponsoring autographs for. So I don't think its him deciding whether or not he feels like it but more of if there's someone that requests he sign autographs at their booth. Jeff "I need to be getting back to my Discrete Math homework" Roberts ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #10-13 ******************************