Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #10-21 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 10, Number 21 Thursday, 24 September 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: other bands NON-TMBG: Band Foo.. Re: TMBG: Re:Sensurround lyrics TMBG: Secret info Re: TMBG: Secret info Re: TMBG: Re:Sensurround lyrics Re: TMBG: new music Re: TMBG: Houston Show... not really a review Re: TMBG: other bands NON TMBG: stupid me Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) TMBG: flans' autograph face spotting Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Re: TMBG: MTV sucks + 93.7 the Coast Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest NON-TMBG: nirvana Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) TMBG: erm...i really seem to be without a plan NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart TMBG: Re: Sensurround lyrics TMBG: erm... no one knows your plan Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart TMBG: you threw out my nancy drew books TMBG: Re: 93.7 The Coast Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Re: TMBG: Secret info TMBG: Re: MUSICVIDEOS.COM SoundCheck | Sept 23 | 33 New Videos TMBG: Hello, hello Re: TMBG: Secret info Non-TMBG: Walmart, the dumbest-ass store around! Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Re: TMBG: new music Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Re: TMBG: Houston Show... not really a review Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart (non): TMBG: Radiohead Non-TMBG: Swingers Re: (non): TMBG: Radiohead Re: TMBG: other bands TMBG: Let me... introduce myself... Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Re: TMBG: Houston Show... not really a review Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 01:16:23 -0600 (MDT) From: Tara Weber Subject: TMBG: other bands Message-ID: ok, i wanna join in the fun. It sounds like the majority of my CD collection has already been mentioned by other people...unless nobody's mentioned Superchunk, Bettie Serveert, Stereolab, Jale....oh, and I would be quite surprised indeed if anyone has mentioned Lullaby For The Working Class--I truly adore their most recent album, _I never even asked for light._ Not very TMBG-ish at all, but just lovely nonetheless. Incredibly soothing, jangly acoustic stuff with gorgeous lyrics. (and they're from my humble lil' hometown.) Their first album was called _Blanket Warm_, but I have yet to hear it. I highly recommend _I never even asked for light_ though. Oh, and they're on Bar/None now, incidentally. OK, back to fun fun fun lesson planning for tomorrow morning....whee! --Tara ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 03:46:16 -0400 (EDT) From: Beth Connell Subject: NON-TMBG: Band Foo.. Message-ID: Oh, what the heck. I'll jump in, too. TMBG is, of course, a given. The Connells: From North Carolina - an /amazing/ band. I can't really describe their style: they've done everything from faintly celtic-sounding songs to ones with a country twist, and I like it all. Rather mellow music for the most part, with a few rockers. And great guys, to boot. And no, the fact that I share the same last name as two of the band members doesn't mean anything. Well. Other than the fact that's how I got into them. But.. Moxy Fruvous: I'm much quieter about this than the rabid fruheads on the list, but my boss (of all people) got me into them. Went to my first show recently, and had a blast. I generally listen to Barginville, B-Sides or Live Noise, cause, well.. that's what da boss has. :) The Wonderstuff: If you think Ned's Atomic Dustbin is good, these guys are better. Actually, I believe that Miles, from the Wonderstuff, was the one who found Ned's? Something like that. It's been awhile. As I like to say, Snide British Pop at its best. The Chieftains, Loreena McKinnett, Altan, Clannad, etc: I love Celtic/Irish/Scottish music : especially traditional songs. 'Nuf said. :) Golden Bough: Amazing folk group that has many songs with that nebulous Celtic air. Well worth it, if you can find them. I especially love their versions of 'No Man's Land' and 'The Rattlin' Bog'. The Smiths, The Cure et al: If it was alternative before 'alternative' became a buzzword, chances are I dig it. Camper Von Beethoven, The Pixies, Mary's Danish, Dead Milkmen, Dead Kennedys, even Dead Can Dance..WBNY turned me on to so much great music before 1990. I heard the Connells there first, the Wonderstuff- yes, even TMBG there first. It was my primary highschool musical influence, and I'm glad I was there for it. And working there was great. So great, in fact, I'm still doing a talk show there for All Talk Monday. But that's another thread. Old-school CFNY works well to describe it, too. And I /will/ go to Whiskey Saigon in Toronto on a Sunday night for their Retro 80's night. I will! Goo Goo Dolls - I was there at the beginning, back when they used to play little dinky clubs in Buffalo and got shut down for playing Don't Beat My A** at Mount St. Mary's. I'm pleased as punch that they've gotten as far as they have. And I really hope 'Dizzy Up The Girl' does well. Although it was much cheaper to see them way back in 1986. :) The Greatful Dead/The Other Ones - Yes. I liked the Dead. I like the Other Ones. You can pick your collective jaws up off the floor now. :) 1986 was an interesting year: WBNY, The Goo Goo Dolls, and the Greatful Dead. I had won tickets to see Bob Dylan and Tom Petty, and the Dead opened. Sure, I had heard 'Truckin' a million times on the radio. Who hadn't? But it was seeing them live that really turned my into a convert. Their studio albums - while good - don't have the feel a live show does. It's a combinaton of the atmosphere, the amazing brotherhood that exists before, during and after the show, and the fact that in whatever incarnation, they are -and always have been- a jam band. There's really something to be said for just going with the flow. And it's not the same without Jerry. It never will be. But it's still good. I could list probably a million more bands, but this pretty much is my tastes in a nutshell. Throw in a little ska, jazz, blues, rockabilly and swing and that's me. :) Beth -<*>- http://www.cgicafe.com/~soulfire | "I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher..." -TMBG | "Rock Climbing, Joel. Rock Climbing." -Tom Servo, MST3K | "I love humans. Always seeing patterns in things that aren't there." -Dr. Who (8th Doctor) | Odangos, anyone? -<*>- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809231022.GAA27486@elvis.vnet.net> From: "FD&C Blue #1" Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 06:23:01 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:Sensurround lyrics -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:31:54 -0800, Bongo wrote: >"Refund" quoted: > > >Accidentally, in a coal mine, it was found >When they accidentally dug to far down and found the Sensurround.> > > Am I only one who's slightly annoyed by the use of the word "accidentally" twice in >the same sentence? [snoop] > Or maybe, accidentally, when wrote the words, he accidentally didn't notice. He could have been striving for some sort of silly effect, as with Pinkard & Bowden's "The Ballad of Irving": ...and then one day at the bottom of the mine a timber cracked at the bottom of the mine... You have to admit (ok, =you= don't, but I, speaking as you, do) that there is a certain element of silliness (chemical symbol Sy, I believe) in SenSurround. :) Inspector at the bottom of the mine, =] Carl Hudkins + Tape list available at =--> http://users.vnet.net/chud/ [y ] [t =] "I'm gonna get up in the morning ][ "I am not your broom." [h ] I believe I'll dust my broom." ][ [e =] - ZZ Top - ][ - TMBG - [r -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNgjMBL5BFpotHh45AQEB3QP+JctLsyqOJirqFjh1Bpv2h7ii3nuzWJoW hEQSNdrPX8xBlNuRRYN3rx65drETVv9TfE4UjzUjlvdl7DWsswcvM5TiivcFWArv PkzFi2H7ZFAwiauqHoMUrc7XPxpQ1WUXa3VckP9m0ALu/o9lSKUvQBhhWuvtN5+E WDWI0VCSglE= =5dgB -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809231319.JAA03018@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:19:30 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: TMBG: Secret info Oh yes, and for those who are crazed gerbils, I noticed that Flans wasn't wearing his wedding ring at any of the Texas shows (whereas Linnell was). Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 07:50:15 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Secret info Message-ID: <19980923.075025.11214.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Oh yes, and for those who are crazed gerbils, damn, how'd you find out? >I noticed that Flans >wasn't >wearing his wedding ring at any of the Texas shows (whereas Linnell >was). and you, harf, are a rabid gerbil. :P take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <360932A1.5C732039@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:40:52 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Re:Sensurround lyrics FD&C Blue #1 wrote: > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- > > On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:31:54 -0800, Bongo wrote: > > >"Refund" quoted: > > > > >Accidentally, in a coal mine, it was found > >When they accidentally dug to far down and found the Sensurround.> > > > > Am I only one who's slightly annoyed by the use of the word > "accidentally" twice in > >the same sentence? > > [snoop] > > > Or maybe, accidentally, when wrote the words, he accidentally didn't > notice. > > He could have been striving for some sort of silly effect, as with > Pinkard & Bowden's "The Ballad of Irving": > > ...and then one day at the bottom of the mine > a timber cracked at the bottom of the mine... Or the part in "Rat Patrol" where John sings: "Floorboards creak and footsteps heard. Floorboards creak and footsteps heard." -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <360932FB.C8E54271@geocities.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:42:21 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: new music K.C. wrote: > I might as well join in and list all of my favorite stuff, too. > (we assume almost all TMBG, of course) > > I'm on my fall Beatles kick right now (regular occurence, just bout > every album is getting regular play here). > Other things frequently listened to here: > Mono Puff, Moxy Fruvous, BNL, Devo, CPD, SNZ, Weird Al (all previously > mentioned by others) > Holst's "The Planets", Charles Mingus, ELP, Styx, Bosstones, Bob Dylan, > Simon & Garfunkel, Maynard Ferguson, Vandals... > I think that's about it... Well, a lot of this isn't really NEW music, is it? That means that your subject line isn't really appropriate, doesn't it? -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <22a9b2c0.3609156b@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:36:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Houston Show... not really a review In a message dated 9/22/98 9:49:57 PM, Monotreme3@aol.com writes: >People who stand still during concerts as though they're too cool to >dance? Fuck you. I don't care if you just go to have a good time and so >you're idea of that is just standing there. I really don't care. I just >don't. If you stand there, you suck. heyheyhey now... sometimes, i don't feel like dancing. i'm not a high energy person. i'm prone to mono. i have bad ankles. and many times, i'm taking pictures. and i like to watch the band. i mean, you have this once-or-twice-a- year opportunity to watch them..! i like to focus my attention on them and the music, and not spraining my ankle or such. not to say i don't dance. it depends on my mood (and the people i'm with)... thank yooo. sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <6b984e3.36091a52@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:57:06 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: other bands In a message dated 9/23/98 3:24:20 AM, tlweber@lamar.ColoState.EDU writes: >.unless nobody's >mentioned Superchunk, Bettie Serveert, Stereolab, Jale.... superchunk yeah! i saw the "watery hands" video with david god cross and janeane goddess garofalo, and haaaad to buy a cd... i now own 2. :] bettie a friend of mine made a tape for me, i haven't gotten around to listening yet.. all i know of 'em so far is their cover on the carpenters tribute cd. i like it. stereolab ...yeah! i recently got my 4th s'lab cd, "space age bachelor pad music"... i can (and did, and do) listen to track 4 "space age bachelor pad music (foamy)" over, and over, and over.. and over jale woo hoo! can't get enough of that canadian indie scene. i'd love to make a jale/cub tape. :) also, y'can't go wrong with anything in the sloan family. definitely check out thrush hermit. and jim mentioned~ ashley macissac! woo hoo! i was born to be canadian. i feel kind of disappointed now with him.. i love his music, but he's trying to ...trying to be a rebel? and it's kinda funny.. but sad.. i guess at the friendship festival, he was cursing at random people to be cool (a'right, picture a guy in a kilt and a leather jacket walking into... a library and ..well yeah.) ..i have an article about it, it's amusing. other stuff~ http://members.aol.com/lolsal/cds.html my cd's. *wahoo* ~sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <6b00962d.360925a6@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:45:26 EDT Subject: NON TMBG: stupid me i wrote something about a stereolab track.. #4... it's really 2. i messed up. and i know nobody cares. but i do. :P ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980923133557.00914600@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:35:57 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) I guess I might as well chip in: Cake Soundgarden Moxy Fruvous Skeleton Key: This cd rocks. Too bad they never really took off. Steve Calhoon and Eric Sanko (sp?) have both worked with the Johns. (as a matter of fact, I think they both appear on Dr. Worm - correct me if I'm wrong) Primus Everclear Weird Al Lincoln Mono Puff Fastball Nirvana Mighty Mighty Bosstones Days of the New Wyld Stallyns (I think that's how it was spelled...wouldn't it be cool if they really existed?) hmmm...that's all I can think of for now... --J'son-- ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <1656c8c7.360939fa@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:12:10 EDT Subject: TMBG: flans' autograph face spotting lalala http://www.girlswhowearglasses.com/pencilbox.html ~sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:33:46 -0500 (CDT) From: Gojira Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Message-Id: I shall throw in my favorites into this great big hat: Tori Amos, Bjork, BT, Orbital, Prodigy(the old stuff, although the new stuff ain't bad), Veruca Salt, Garbage, Fluke, 808 State, any Jungle/Brum-n-Bass stuff or for that matter any Techno, Edvard Grieg, Modest Mussorgsky, and some other stuff that I can't recall at this time. Chris Cornell http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/9993/ ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:42:09 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: MTV sucks + 93.7 the Coast Message-ID: <19980923.154958.14046.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 14:38:07 PDT "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" writes: >mr.train@juno.com wrote: >> I think Pop Up Video's URL is http://www.spinthebottle.com (Spin >>the Bottle is the production co.) you might eb able to give them the >>inside info there.... but remember: VH1 skiped over TMBG when they >did their > >big A-Z thing where they played every vid they had in >order... it >went from Third Eye Blind to something else... > >Actually, that last part is irrelevant, since "They Might Be Giants" >comes before "Third Eye >Blind" in alphabetical order. >-- Oops... I ment the other way around... they went right from something to Third Eye Blind BTW to Leonard H. BBVD have three albums: A self titled(?) independent release and Wha' Chu Want fo' Christmas? ( both of which are no longer available) and a major lable album self titled... Tim Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: First Kiss Last CD purchase: Teleconned Vol. 1 Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL (looking for a challenger) >May you live in interesting times, >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:27:51 -0400 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest Message-ID: <19980923.154958.14046.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:29:41 -0400 particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) writes: >>What? that was a really funny movie! What about the part when Sue >>pulls the gun and everyone's says "what the f*ck?" "Didn't you see >>Boyz in the Hood? Now one of us is gonna get shot!" >>And when their in the diner and Trent makes a drunken foll out of >>himself!! >Neither funny nor original. A lunatic swinging a gun around has been >in many movies, as well as drunk people. > This wasn't a lunatic swinging a gun! This was their supposedly tame friend! And what was funny was not the fact that he was swinging a gun... it was the following dialogue between the guys! And sure there are drunk people in other movies... but they don't all say the same thing! >>Or when their playing video hockey and Trent unpauses the game to >make "Waynes head bleed for superfan number 99" > >This is why the movie bombed at the box office, because you need to >have some kind of uncommon sense of humor to appreciate the movie >obviously. Uncommon sense of humor? Are you serious? Maybe you need to have an IQ above 3, but aAll you need is a sense of humor (which I can see you probably don't have if you didn't think this scene was funny) to laugh at this! The whole video game hockey / delivery man scene is hilarious! I'm beginning to wonder if you even saw this movie at all! >> I think we can all relate to Mikey too! The guy just getting out of >a deep relationship with a girl he still cares about! >> that movie holds so much truth, it's scary! Maybe you should watch >it again! > >Oh please! How many movies have you seen that had a guy who had a >hard time getting over a girl or vice versa??? None quite like this... Tim, By the way, Nirvana sucks... really really sucks... hard... A decapitated monkey could sing better than Kurt Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Everybody Conga Last CD purchase: Teleconned Vol. 1 Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 14:01:42 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: nirvana Message-ID: > Tim, By the way, Nirvana sucks... really really sucks... hard... A > decapitated monkey could sing better than Kurt but i *do* like his melodies... --jim kuemmerle, who plays a mean jazz piano version of 'all apologies'... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:04:35 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Message-ID: <19980923.150510.11078.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Tim, By the way, Nirvana sucks... really really sucks... hard... A >decapitated monkey could sing better than Kurt grr... no comment. Whether i agree or not, i hate people that say "____(fill in the blank)___ sucks" and then don't back it up. not that i really hate you tim. I think it just comes from that Theory of Knowldege/Epistemology class i took way back when... >, any >Jungle/Brum-n-Bass stuff as far as "futuristic jungle and drum + bass" goes... i just heard this cool little compilation CD "Fresh" (nice name huh?) anyways, it's pretty coo. i think it's on MSS records (mutant sound system/ Labello Blanco Recordings) but i'm not sure... >or for that matter any Techno, did i mention club flys? take it easy, JOrdaN, who is forced to listen to waaay too much techno shtuff since my sister and her bf both spin for like grips of raves... they're both thousands of miles away now but... _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:04:58 -0400 (EDT) From: Rachel Yudell Subject: TMBG: erm...i really seem to be without a plan Message-ID: greetings. i'm rachel. i'm new...well relatively. To start off in celebratory fashio...it's looking like i can afford to go to the philly show. now i've just gotta find someone/people to go with. not an easy feat when less than 3 of your friends appreciate the johns. been a fan since irit tau played 'she's an angel' for me just before flood came out in 1990. the rest is giants history. as for whoever it was that asked about the 'kicking it rock'n'roll style' lateness of the shows...erm...it depends. i've been to shows where they started 1 hour+ late (generally in pittsburgh) and i've been to shows in philly where they started less than an hour late. generally though from what i've seen and heard, they do start late-ish. ok...like i said i'm new here so bear with me. i gotta go read something like, 30 pages in the APA manual now. deep hurting, deep hurting. later ray-chill "...and i asked old jack 'do you remember that night; when the sky was so dark, and the moon shown so bright...when a million small children pretending to sleep, nearly didn't have christmas at all so to speak? and would, if you could, turn that mighty clock back to that long fateful night...now think carefully jack...would you do the whole thing all over again, knowing what you know now, knowing what you knew then?' and he smiled like the old Pumpin King that i knew, and then turned and asked softly of me... ...'wouldn't you?' -Tim Burton's 'the nightmare before christmas' ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:55:56 -0400 Subject: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Message-ID: <19980923.170844.9942.3.gray42@juno.com> Me and my good buddies have a habit of going to the local Walmart and fooling around. Such as creating commotions with those weird floating water sticks, and then one of the workers would threaten to kick us out. Dancing down the isles, and making fools of ourselves. In leaving the store, running past the old lafies who gaurd the door as if we've done something wrong i.e. shoplifting, and smile gleefully as we are called back into the store, and we present the receipts. A bit pointless but exciting and fun. Well on July 4th, the day before X-Day, I attacked my local Walmart with Dobbsheads, planting them in Subliminal (TMBG content :) places, and my friend sticking them in obvious spots. I'm pretty sure the subliminal ones are still there, scaring the pinks who try to buy spray paint. The most memorable Walmart incodent of my life occured on my birthday, when I went to return a game, which I did not find out it did not work until the PC wouldn't let me install it. Walmart would not give money back for the game because they suspected me of bootleging (what is this world coming to), which I didn't of course, but they said I could exchange it for a new copy of the same game. Now what good would that do me, I was very upset. Stupid Policies! Then I figured, I could trade for a new game, unopened, and get refunded for it. I just took the game and rereceipt to another Walmart, and I got my money back with no questions asked. Even tho' Walmart is owned by a bunch of corperate pigs, it is a fun place to hang around it, especially if you leave without spending anything. Mysterio Gal (official parallel personality= wrestler, Al Snow) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MWAHAHAHAHAHA and any other good evil laughs Mysterio Gal (official parallel personality= wrestler, Al Snow) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:05:15 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: Sensurround lyrics Message-ID: <19980923.170845.9942.4.gray42@juno.com> On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:40:52 -0700 Nathan Mulac DeHoff writes: >FD&C Blue #1 wrote: > >> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- >> >> On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 19:31:54 -0800, Bongo wrote: >> >> >"Refund" quoted: >> > >> > >Accidentally, in a coal mine, it was found >> >When they accidentally dug to far down and found the Sensurround.> >> > >> > Am I only one who's slightly annoyed by the use of the word >> "accidentally" twice in >> >the same sentence? >> >> [snoop] >> >> > Or maybe, accidentally, when wrote the words, he accidentally >didn't >> notice. >> >> He could have been striving for some sort of silly effect, >as with >> Pinkard & Bowden's "The Ballad of Irving": >> >> ...and then one day at the bottom of the mine >> a timber cracked at the bottom of the mine... > >Or the part in "Rat Patrol" where John sings: "Floorboards creak and >footsteps >heard. Floorboards creak and footsteps heard." And what about this incessant stating of "32" in 32 footsteps :P Mysterio Gal (who just had to done it) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >May you live in interesting times, >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:19:59 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: erm... no one knows your plan Message-ID: On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Rachel Yudell wrote: > greetings. hello!!! > i'm rachel. i'm new...well relatively. welcome to active listiedom! :) (i would say just flat-out "welcome to the list", but it seems you've been lurking for a while.) > To start off in celebratory fashio...it's looking like i can afford to > go to the philly show. now i've just gotta find someone/people to go > with. not an easy feat when less than 3 of your friends appreciate the > johns. but please don't let that stop you from going! > i gotta go read something like, 30 pages in the APA manual now. deep > hurting, deep hurting. the APA manual? what's that? --jim kuemmerle, who can only think "a palindrome a"... geez, i've gotta get out more... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:29:24 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Message-ID: On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 gray42@juno.com wrote: > Well on July 4th, the day before X-Day, I attacked my local Walmart with > Dobbsheads, planting them in Subliminal (TMBG content :) places, and my > friend sticking them in obvious spots. I'm pretty sure the subliminal > ones are still there, scaring the pinks who try to buy spray paint. lol! did you demonstrate any color preferences when you did this? > Even tho' Walmart is owned by a bunch of corperate pigs, it is a fun > place to hang around it, especially if you leave without spending > anything. down with the corporate pigs! stick it to the man! --jim kuemmerle, who's been this way ever since listening to negativland's "dispepsi"... > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA > NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA > MWAHAHAHAHAHA > > and any other good evil laughs how about MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MLUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA and NYEEHEEHEEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEE HEH HEH ahem? j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:27:40 -0400 (EDT) From: Rachel Yudell Subject: TMBG: you threw out my nancy drew books Message-ID: hi...rachel the new girl again. wow...tuscadero. whoever it was who first mentioned them...i love you unconditionally for life. one of my favorite bands. along with... bnl psychadelic furs brian setzer (in ANY incarnation) snz culture club/boy george solo and many others to numerous to mention. the next cd on my 'to buy list' is definitely br5-49. ok...formal introduction to follow... ray-chill "...and i asked old jack 'do you remember that night; when the sky was so dark, and the moon shown so bright...when a million small children pretending to sleep, nearly didn't have christmas at all so to speak? and would, if you could, turn that mighty clock back to that long fateful night...now think carefully jack...would you do the whole thing all over again, knowing what you know now, knowing what you knew then?' and he smiled like the old Pumpin King that i knew, and then turned and asked softly of me... ...'wouldn't you?' -Tim Burton's 'the nightmare before christmas' ------------------------------ From: Lympton@aol.com Message-ID: <9bc225af.36096df2@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:53:54 EDT Subject: TMBG: Re: 93.7 The Coast I live in Virginia Beach and I have heard Birdhouse in your soul two times on the coast. And at the show here back in April the bums from 96x were at the concert throwing t-shirts ( ihappened to grab one that fell behind the speaker, it has now been burned). Anywho, i have one question, what do DJs who work at a station like the old 96x do when the station changes music types? ~Matt ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:15:55 -0400 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Message-ID: <19980923.181655.9942.5.gray42@juno.com> On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:29:24 -0600 (MDT) Jim Kuemmerle writes: . > >lol! did you demonstrate any color preferences when you did this? only one colur was referenced, so I could go back later and prove to my fdriends that I diud it, and that they should join in the fun. It was a Gray clolour, to match my last name, Claire Gray Mysterio Gal (who has now been stricken PARANOID by Huricane Georges *sob* if that gives you any hint as to where I live) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980923223033.17995.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Mike McGuire" Subject: Re: TMBG: Secret info Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:30:32 PDT Actually, mitch, I was thinking about that when you said it on the trip, and I have come to remember that the common rule is that you take your rings off to play guitar (it can easily damage the guitar), where as it will not hurt a keyboard or accordian, due to the position of the hand while playing. I don't think he killed his wife or anything. *Mike* >Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:19:30 -0500 >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >From: Mitchell Harding >Subject: TMBG: Secret info >Reply-To: Mitchell Harding > >Oh yes, and for those who are crazed gerbils, I noticed that Flans wasn't >wearing his wedding ring at any of the Texas shows (whereas Linnell was). > >Harf, >Mitch > > > ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:42:20 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Re: MUSICVIDEOS.COM SoundCheck | Sept 23 | 33 New Videos Message-ID: <19980923.184221.-251755.1.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff Parker) Got this in the mail from Musicvideos.com today... Doctor Worm is slowly taking over the music world!!! And when i say slowly I do mean SLOWLY. But anyway, why not check out the video at this site... maybe you'll see something you missed before. > >>(1)-----33 KICKASS NEW VIDEOS THIS WEEK----- > <> snip <> > >> They Might Be Giants | Doctor Worm > That's it... v^v Jeffro v^v "He thrusts his fists against the posts but still insists he sees the ghosts." _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <4f3b0657.36097924@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:41:40 EDT Subject: TMBG: Hello, hello I'm new to this list so I would like to make a warm greeting to everyone here: Hey there. I'm an extreme TMBG fan (probably like the rest of you), but I haven't been one for as long as some of you, only since 8th grade (3 years ago I think it is) I've been to 2 concerts already, and am going to a 3rd one in October. I yearn to play guitar as well as Flans, but that probably won't happen for a while since I'm teaching myself and myself has been busy with school. Anyways, I know someone has already posted this on the list already, but I'm new and dumb and don't know. Who is touring with the Johns currently so I know who to look forwar to seeing (as in back up players) Many thanks. -Amber the Alterian ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809232308.TAA13232@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:08:50 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Secret info At 03:30 PM 9/23/98 -0700, you wrote: >Actually, mitch, I was thinking about that when you said it on the trip, >and I have come to remember that the common rule is that you take your >rings off to play guitar (it can easily damage the guitar), where as it >will not hurt a keyboard or accordian, due to the position of the hand >while playing. I don't think he killed his wife or anything. But you do admit that he COULD have killed her, right? "Can the people back there even hear us? I think they're watching the second stage. Jesus and Mary Chain are playing." -- TMBG in Austin Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980923231205.21372.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: Walmart, the dumbest-ass store around! Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:12:04 PDT >> Dobbsheads Whats? >> Even tho' Walmart is owned by a bunch of corperate pigs... Yes, down with the conglamorate!!!!!!! Kill ther pigs! Walmart, I say to you: "NI! NI! NI!" If I had a dollar for everytime Walmart has sucked, I'd make Bill Gates my indentured servant (slave?)! I'd buy Walmart, and then burn 'em all down, in which I wouldn't get in trouble for, because it's my own property! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "Well it's you and me and the bottle makes three tonight." -Big Bad Voodoo Daddy ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:37:56 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Message-ID: <19980923.124328.8622.1.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >"Weird Al" Yankovic - He's finally about to go back into the studio to >record another album. It's about time...! Remember when he used to >put >out an album a year? I got really into his albums about 5 years ago. I rushed out and bought all I had money for. Bad Hair Day was my very first CD of any kind. I memorized all the lyrics (practically) to Alapalooza and Off The Deep End, then he quit to make one of the stupidest Saturday Morning kids shows ever. Idiot. Have you seen UHF? _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:53:32 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: new music Message-ID: <19980923.124328.8622.3.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >Cake > I must admit I only have Fashion Nugget, but it is one of my >all-time favorite albums. Everyone must get a copy. I too only have Fashion Nugget. The only ones I've ever liked on that are Distance, I Will Survive, and Race Car Ya-Yas. Ever notice that most songs on there are about racing in some form or another? And me thinking that racing is one of the dumbest things to watch, I don't like it. After a while of listening to those 3 songs I grew numb to them and now they bore me. >Pink Floyd > Get everything!!! The Wall and The Final Cut are a great set... I got The Division Bell a few months back. I puked. It was horrible. I got that one because I had heard people say that Pink Floyd was good, and all I had heard was Another Brick Hits the Wall and I loved that, but The Wall is like $25, and TDB was 7. So that kind of turned me off to them. Then last week I got Dark Side Of The Moon. It kicks ass! I havn't tried the Wizard of Oz thing yet. The whole CD, especially Money and Brain Damage is great! >Those Darn Accordions!! > One of Weird Al's fav groups, along with TMBG, they are 6 A little off the topic, but did you know that Everything You Know Is Wrong (on Bad Hair Day) was dedicated to TMBG? _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:29:32 -0400 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest Message-ID: <19980923.124328.8622.7.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >This wasn't a lunatic swinging a gun! This was their supposedly tame >friend! And what was funny was not the fact that he was swinging a >gun... it was the following dialogue between the guys! >And sure there are drunk people in other movies... but they don't all >say the same thing! sigh... >Uncommon sense of humor? Are you serious? Maybe you need to have an IQ >above 3, but aAll you need is a sense of humor (which I can see you Not meaning to gloat, but I feel I have the right to justify myself against such a witty jab as that. My IQ is 150, thank you very much. And may I add, poopyhead. >probably don't have if you didn't think this scene was funny) to laugh hehehe. I have a sense of humor. Your attempt to insult me is funny. Are you going to insult my momma now? >None quite like this... See, that's the beauty of showbusiness. They rehash elements of old movies, add a few new sentences, and blamo it's a movie. As you can tell by it's box office success (or the lack of), people realized this about Swingers and skipped it by. I know many people who have seen it, none of which liked it at all. Do they all have IQs lower than 3 and no sense of humor either? If you want to laugh hard (not to say that they are plot-heavy, intricate, well-done movies...they're just funny), rent these: Monty Python and the Holy Grail Dumb and Dumber Get Shorty Opportunity Knocks Nutty Professor (Eddie Murphy) Mallrats Kingpin Half Baked Death Becomes Her Billy Madison Happy Gilmore Kids In The Hall:Brain Candy Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Baseketball _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:34:27 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Message-ID: <19980923.124328.8622.0.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >> umm, VERY mainstream. I don't know the name of them, but I hear >their >> songs on the radio ALL the time. >> And I don't like them either :) > >alright..heres where the meat of my reply comes in. Now im going out >on a >limb here, but you seem to be taking the elitist "they are mainstream; >i >am too cool for that; they are bad" approach. first of all this is >gay. erm, I was harping on YOU because I thought that was what YOU were doing. I couldn't give 3 rat's asses if they were mainstream, indie, or whatever, but whenever somebody characterizes something as mainstream right out of them blue that has some connotations that they think mainstream is some sort of categorization of some form or another, which it is not. I was merely contradicting your comment that they are not mainstream (like it matters), because they are. Mainstream just means it gets played on the radio/MTV a lot. And in case you havn't noticed, MOST (not all) good songs are mainstream by that definition. You know why? Because radio people everywhere find out what songs people like the best and play them. Mainstream is just a categorization, like human, cat, or donkey is for living organisms. That pretty much takes care of the rest of the message. >just seems trite that your argument ("eww. its SOOO mainstream. >ickyicky") opposing could very very easily (again--not necessarily erm, what I said not only didn't SOUND like that but it nowhere came close to MEANING that. I don't even talk about "mainstreamness" in relation to music, unless brought up by somebody else. I have encountered people who won't but a CD unless NONE of the songs are on the radio...damn morons if you ask me. And Radiohead IS extremely mainstream. I will find the songs that they play on the radio a LOT and fill you in. Now I'm just saying that to irritate you. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:47:31 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Message-ID: <19980923.124328.8622.2.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >am i deprived? i've never been to a wal-mart. hmm... >i know there are a few in denver... and there's one just outside of >Vail... Nope, you're not deprived. They have some decent prices on stuff, but they suck. Their clothes suck, they censor music. The only reason I go there is to buy their cheap movies. >>Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda, Tales From The >>Punchbowl >>PRIMUS SUCKS! (their words, not mine). I like Primus exactly as much >ah geez... i saw primus on the SNO-CORE TOUR '98... keep in mind they >were playing with The Aquabats, Long Beach Dub AllStars (eh, sublime), >and blink 182. I've never heard of that tour, or any other of those bands besides Primus. I can't speak for that show, but they usually kick ass. >I think that their set had to be one of *the worst* shows i have ever >seen. :::shiver::: the only reason i even stayed for their set was >cuz i wanted to talk to the Linnell-look-alike that was about 20 years >younger than linny... :) >heh, i just always associate Soundgarden with like my teeny-bopper >grunge days... Soundgarden really isn't grunge. It's more rock/hard rock. Black Hole Sun is somewhat grungy but that's about it. >>Nirvana - All CDs except Bleach and Incesticide >>If you DON'T know about them then ...well, duh :P > >again part of my grunge-fun era... i just never grew out of liking >this band (they're just about the only one). I think you can >appreciate kurt's music on a bunch of different levels and too many of >the people that like Nirvana are in that "i'm so depressed my life >sucks" kind of stage... if you can get beyond that i think you can >see the real talent behind his music. please don't flame me for these >comments. my personal $.03 Let me guess, you're between the ages of 16-20. We were all teeny boppers when Kurt died. At that point EVERYBODY liked Nirvana. Then a couple years later a lot of my friends stopped. I still do. I still pop in Wishkah often. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:11:48 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Houston Show... not really a review Message-ID: <19980923.124328.8622.4.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) > And one more bad >>thing: >>People who stand still during concerts as though they're too cool to >>dance? Fuck you. I don't care if you just go to have a good time and >>so >>you're idea of that is just standing there. I really don't care. I >>just >>don't. If you stand there, you suck. I'm sorry People who dance at concerts as though they're too cool to stand or sit? Fuck you. I don't care if you just go to have a good time and so you're idea of that is just dancing. I really don't care. I just don't If you dace, you suck. I'm sorry. I took the template of your message and filled in some holes. I really don't get dancing. It is the DUMBEST thing I have ever seen. The Macarena makes me puke. The Electric Slide makes me want to shove my foot up their boogy woogying asses. People who Hustle should be shot. What the HELL is the point? You just shake yourself around, and that's supposed to be FUN? I can see maybe just bobbing around or moving a little, but these pre-choreographed dances are retarded. People look like idiots doing it. The only POSSIBLE reason I can see is because everybody else does it so you do it to meet people, or maybe for exercise. Slow dancing is the only kind of dancing that actually has a point. You don't look like morons, and it seems to have an effect on people that's hard to describe. I dunno, even that is getting a bit worn thin after so many weddings and parties. Blatant idiots I tell you. I would have to agree with the tape on In and Out (the Kevin Kline movie). "Real men NEVER dance, under ANY circumstances." Can anybody give me any feazable arguement besides what I know I'll get, ("You suck, it's fun", "I just have a good time doing it.") Most people who go to concerts are fucking dipshits anyways. Mosh pits, shit, what kind of a lobotomized inbred came up with this? "I know, let's everybody jump on each other!" Holding lighters in the air (waving them around optional). Great, good, waste the fuel in there because everybody else is doing it. Holding the "devil symbol" thing (pinky and pointer fingers up) above your head while head banging (another creative genius). Isn't there another way to express the beat that DOESN'T slosh your brain back and forth, giving you a headache, and (provenly I may add) kills brain cells? I know my views aren't the popular opinion, I go to concerts myself (no I don't just stand there, I cave in to the standards of people like you who are obnoxious enough and have enough balls (yes, I see the "girl" in your address) to say "fuck you" to people who don't dance. That's arrogant and, well, idiotic. Why the fuck would you care if there's one person who's acting NORMALLY in the crowd? Sorry if I've been a bit overly wordsy or offensive, I'm in a pissy mood. I was going to write more but I figure you get my point. If you persist or make another (hmm, what's another adjective for stupid that I havn't already used) asinine remark like that then I may have to reply and wear out my fingers again, and you probably will, because there is no legitimate arguement. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:42:50 -0400 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Message-ID: <19980923.124328.8622.8.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) Ok, as I said in a previous message, I'm in a pissy mood today, so I'm going to jump on anybody who I have a problem with so here we go :) >back for the game because they suspected me of bootleging (what is >this world coming to), which I didn't of course, but they said I could Keep the phrase in parenthesis in mind when reading this message. >Me and my good buddies have a habit of going to the local Walmart and >fooling around. Such as creating commotions with those weird floating >water sticks, and then one of the workers would threaten to kick us >out. Dancing down the isles, and making fools of ourselves. In >leaving the store, running past the old lafies who gaurd the door as >if we've done something wrong i.e. shoplifting, and smile gleefully as >we are called back into the store, and we present the receipts. A bit >pointless but exciting and fun. Ok, so are you a 13 year old with ADHD or what? Gee whiz, you and your good buddies seem like real cool cats to me. Pissing off people and "making fools" of yourselves. See, stealing has a point. I'm not saying it's good, but it has a point. The idea about trading in the CD for a new one and selling it back, brilliant (I wish I had done that when I bought Dragon's Lair a few years back). But the stuff I quoted has no point, as you readily admit. It just annoys people, and they can't do a damned thing about it without getting fired. THIS is (YOU are) what I hate about kids these days. Hell, I'm 17, I'm still a kid, but I was never an obnoxious shithead doing this stuff. Can I ask you WHY you like to make people's lives harder? You realize kids are going to do that to you once you get in the real world. And you're going to want to kill them, believe me. Troublemakers is the right word. There are even adults who do it. Doing things only for the sake of making other people's lives harder. I see people my own age going out to play "mailbox baseball." FUCKING IDIOTS! Where on the primate scale, did people start driving by houses, smashing people's mailboxes with baseball bats?!@# And they're all proud of themselves, "I made one fly clear accross the street!" followed by the gufawing of his lackeys. I would like to continue my essay on brats who need to be bent over the knee and spanked like, well, something that is spanked into next Friday. We can just hope that all these shmucks wander into a junk store fighting, get dragged into the basement, and...well...you've seen Pulp Fiction. Maybe that'll teach em. :P _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: <181f713b.360991e0@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:27:12 EDT Subject: (non): TMBG: Radiohead In a message dated 98-09-23 20:07:14 EDT, particle.man@juno.com writes: << And Radiohead IS extremely mainstream. I will find the songs that they play on the radio a LOT and fill you in. >> Don't bother.. I"ll do it for you.... Creep (yes, even after 5 years they're still playing the hell out of this song) High and Dry Karma Police erm... that's only 3 out of.... 6 or 7 singles... maybe they're not so mainstream after all...... cheese! jenniferadiohead ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809240035.UAA19678@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:35:41 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Non-TMBG: Swingers >See, that's the beauty of showbusiness. They rehash elements of old >movies, add a few new sentences, and blamo it's a movie. As you can tell >by it's box office success (or the lack of), people realized this about >Swingers and skipped it by. You're nuts. Swingers is funny. Not that it is just a matter of taste. It is funny in an absolute sense -- there is no room for disagreement. Don't argue, you know I'm right. One can construct a logical argument starting from no assumptions that Swingers is a funny movie. It isn't just funny to me, it isn't just funny to the guy you were arguing with -- it is funny to everyone. There is no such thing as personal taste -- it makes a lot of sense to argue whether a movie is funny or not. No, really, it does. The other movies you mentioned, or at least the ones I have seen (most of them), are also funny. But so is Swingers. Harf, Mitch "I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure--that is all agnosticism means." - Clarence Darrow Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:34:52 EDT Subject: Re: (non): TMBG: Radiohead In a message dated 9/23/98 8:31:09 PM, PULPSTRESS@aol.com writes: >Creep (yes, even after 5 years they're still playing the hell out of this >song) >High and Dry >Karma Police can i ask something? i'm not fond of radiohead from the singles i've heard (creep was ok, but everything after that.. =P) ...are *all* their songs slow, depressing and drawn-out? "doooon't leeeave meeee hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh..." "kaaaaaaaaarmaaaaa pooooooooliiiiiiiiiiice..." my attention span isn't long enough for em. sorry. ~~sarah who's in the same mood as particle.man. hello particle.man. http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal -- dr. wormified. ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <3a3d3526.360997e0@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:52:48 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: other bands I haven't been reading this e'mail topic, seeing how it's useless considering I have little time or money to worry much about other bands... but I decided to put in my say. A very quirky man, Danny Elfman, with a very quirky band, Oingo Boing. Check it out. Bat"will finally respond when provoked long enough, even if not by name"brain * ----------------------------------------------------------- "I'm melting...melting....what a world, what a world..." ------------------------------ From: "Christina" Subject: TMBG: Let me... introduce myself... Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:56:20 -0700 Message-ID: <01bde756$24a15b00$LocalHost@cak4748> Wow... I was so happy to find a TMBG list... Plus the first couple of days worth of postings for me have included some things that I can really appreciate - Walmart is bad (a truth, if ever there was one - I used to work for them a million years ago in a faraway land, but at least I worked in the toy department and not say, the GUN department), Weird Al is good (I've loved him since I was 9 yrs old when I first heard "Another One Rides the Bus"), and TMBG is supergood (I got my first taste of the Johns in 8th grade - MTV had a special on - "AL-TV" - where Weird Al "took over the channel" and played all kinds of neat music, including "Don't Let's Start" by this wacky little band called, get this - ha ha - They Might Be Giants. Looooooooved them ever since and have everything of theirs I could ever get my hands on.) It's just so reassuring (for my sanity's sake) to see that I am not the only one in the world (alas, I am the only one I know) who has undying admiration and adoration for the music of TMBG. You all rock. By the way ~ my name is Christina, I'm 26 (older than the average lister here, I suspect), I live in Los Angeles CA. Glad to make your acquaintances. I like ya already. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980924013636.22097.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Michael Fink" Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:36:35 PDT >no. you have not been deprived. never go to wal-mart. they're ruining >small business! Revolt against the capitalist iron curtain that is >Wal-Mart! Up to the small independent businessman! Down to fat slobbery >pigs trying to crush the small independent businessman! Kill >Wal-Mart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >Cap'n Helfgott, who has a very strong feeling of animosity towards >Wal-Mart. > > this is very true, I agree 100%. I would like it even better if you changed "Wal-Mart" into "Microsoft." Michael "I am using a Microsoft service to mail this to all of you" Fink *'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* Boycott Microsoft http://www.vcnet.com/bms *'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: <3472f9e.36099fa7@aol.com> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:25:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Houston Show... not really a review In a message dated 9/23/98 1:01:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: > uhm... i vaguely remember a list-flilling thread "swinging at TMBG shows" > weren't you one (i could be totally off base here... you coulda been on > my side) of the people that was saying that people swinging at TMBG shows > was just wrong? Nope. If I was one of those people then I am really going insane. But I'm pretty sure I wasn't. I try to stay out of most threads. Sure, I pop in now and again, but you could never find evidence of me saying anything about the majority of what's discussed here. But I'm around. Swinging is cool, I think. There were two people I was with swinging at first. *Moshing* on the other hand, or pushing people around who don't wish to do such things is wrong. Yes. That's wrong. But someone standing there smoking a cigarette like an extra (or even a star!) from Dawson's Creek is, to say the least, annoying. And people who feel the need to shout stupid things at the opening band, *especially* when the opening band ain't that bad at all, suck, too. Those are my thoughts. And if you burn me with your cigarette... well... I don't feel the need to explain that one. -Carey "Well happy fuckin' Tuesday!" ------------------------------ From: Tmbg4life@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:42:54 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) yeah UHf is the best movie i have ever seen ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:45:50 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Message-ID: the difference is that ripping off Wal-Mart is actually a noble cause, while Buckland's little death escapade was just stupid. Cap'n Helfgott, who doesn't think that businesses owned by billionare families should be pitied when ripped off On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >Agreed! Just to spout my similar anger, I ripped off Wal-Mart of > >nearly > >$2000 U.S. dollars! I only got caught for $50, witch is nearly > >unpunishable! Everyone follow suit!!! > > well damn, that's something to be proud of. > that's almost as cool as faking your own death. > > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html > > _____________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #10-21 ******************************