Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #10-23 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 10, Number 23 Saturday, 26 September 1998 Today's Topics: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? NON TMBG: Walmart and Department stores in general. TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends Re: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? TMBG: double posts Re: Non-TMBG: Swingers Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Re: TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: Non-TMBG: double posts Re: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends TMBG: oh danny boy Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: TMBG: double posts Re: Non-TMBG: double posts Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Re: Non-TMBG: double posts TMBG: laura cantrell the illustrator? Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) NON-TMBG: a request. Re: Non-TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Re: TMBG: Wal-mart...whatever TMBG: narf Re: TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: NON-TMBG: a request. Re: TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Re:non TMBG: Pink Floyd Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Re: NON-TMBG: Video Bootleg 3 questions. Re: NON-TMBG: Video Bootleg 3 questions. Re: NON-TMBG: Video Bootleg 3 questions. Re: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends Re: TMBG: Re: 93.7 The Coast (96X DJs) Re: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends Re: NONTMBG: SNL, KITH Re: NON TMBG: Walmart TMBG: 50 fun things to do at Wal Mart Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:20:07 -0700 Message-ID: <0004A815.C21427@broder.com> From: Courtney_Patubo@broder.com (Courtney Patubo) Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Mitch sez: >Hostility isn't really all that bad. Consider a world without it. Sure, it >would be nice and peaceful, and sure, you could probably walk to a >convenience store downtown, buy some soda, and not worry about getting >mugged, raped or killed. Well, I know that we cannot deny that there is anger in the world, but hostility and violence are things that we can do without. People need to learn how to take out their feelings in a civil way. Then again, some people cannot learn this. That's why there's still wars n' stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rabid love an' peace an' no wars kinda advocate, but I believe in being civil and having respect to your fellow human being... whether their likes and dislikes are similar to yours or not. >But...hmm, but what? Harf, I guess life would be >better without hostility. Ok, I concede, hostility is bad. Thank ya. >In any case, the anger is just a phase, just like I am. I hope you're right. Let's get back to some happy polka-ing or something! *hops offa soap box* love, luck and lollipops (a la pinky & the brain), toonie -- Courtney L. Patubo -aka- toonie toonie@tmbg.org (home) * cpatubo@broder.com (work) ICQ# 3762743 * http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo "The following sentence is false. The preceeding sentence is true." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00bb01bde7e0$7e69dec0$5a228a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: NON TMBG: Walmart and Department stores in general. Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:26:39 -0600 Ok..at first I was just going to listen to this thread, but now I feel I have something to add. I worked at a K-Mart for quite a while, and let me tell you something. I f***ing hated that job. I hated it for many reasons which I won't get into right now, because they would easily double or triple the length of this posting. The job just sucked, and it didn't make it easier when people ran around doing asinine things like those described in earlier posts. Granted, not everyone in retail hates their job, but it /definitely/ doesn't make them like it more when someone does such things on purpose. I admit that it might be fun to do such things, but wasting time like that just to piss other people off doesn't seem very logical to me. I like to take out my frustrations just as much as the next guy, but I try to do things that are a tad more constructive. I'm sorry if this message angers anybody, but I felt that what I had to say was important. Thank you for reading, and have a nice day. Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. The effect? I'll tell you what the effect is! It's pissing me off! Ghostbusters, the Movie. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <360A4B73.CDC@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:40:36 +0000 From: "K.C." Subject: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends Well, now that we've decided that we may be moving away from the fighting, we need new things to talk about, don't we? So, Not like the Johns really ever thought about this while creating the song, but what are Doctor Worm and Rabbi Vole really like? Are they best buds that sit around and play music all day? what do they look like? where do they live? do they have a tv show? Are they like the Johns or not like the Johns? Are they part of the large cast of characters the Johns have assembled over the years? Hey, what if there was a TMBG cartoon with the Johns as the main characters and all their "imaginary" characters were there too? I really like that idea now that I've thought of it...heck, I'm gonna draw John cartoons for the rest of the day...so what if I fail that Calculus test... hoping that sparks non-walmart discussion, K.C. -- K.C. Kless "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." DocWorm@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <85090800.360a99a1@aol.com> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:12:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends This is what I think they are: There just two guys in highschool who like to jam but actually kinda suck, but they have fun anyways and don't really care what others have to say. It could be even weirder and say that they go to Noah's Ark High, and Dr. Worm wears a really funky hat, since worms are bald. And Rabbi Vole wears a really cool pair of shades when he plays along with a trench coat, and they play into the wee hours of the morning annoying Mr. and Mrs. worm who are trying to get to sleep upstairs. I think I'll stop before I scare myself. -Amber the Alterian "See the happy moron, he doesn't give a damn." ------------------------------ Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Message-ID: <19980924.151349.8063.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:15:11 EDT >>Is it just me, or has a lot of hostility arisen within this list in the past coupla >>days? You guys ok? > >This happens (as near as I can tell) periodically on any mailing list, newsgroup, >etc. Nothing to worry about. This time the argument is about Wal-Marts and >Swingers, next time it will be about spider monkeys and polyhedra. Harf's right. Occasionally, something stupid gets said that begins a thread of anger. Soon, this whole Wal-Mart bashing thing will be forgotten, and things will get back to normal. At least until someone gloats about how they stomped on a spider monkey just to hear it scream... Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:20:08 -0600 (MDT) From: Scot Westwood Subject: Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Message-ID: Most of us who listen to Pink Floyd don't consider the Division Bell on of their albums. I know it sounds weird but I was thinking as I read the last post that I too would have reccomended anything by Pink Floyd. I guess I must be in denial that the Division Bell even exists Scot ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19980924194123.00f6b5f0@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:41:23 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? >Then again, some people cannot learn this. That's why there's still wars n' >stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a rabid love an' peace an' no wars kinda >advocate, but I believe in being civil and having respect to your fellow human >being... whether their likes and dislikes are similar to yours or not. Oh, I'm pretty rabid against wars, and I'd rabidly support love and peace. But without war we'd never have such classic films as the Rambo series. >>In any case, the anger is just a phase, just like I am. > >I hope you're right. Ah, so you hope I am a phase, do you? How rude! What cheek! Harf, Mitch ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19980924194827.00fb7a6c@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 14:48:27 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? >Harf's right. Occasionally, something stupid gets said that begins a >thread of anger. Soon, this whole Wal-Mart bashing thing will be >forgotten, and things will get back to normal. At least until someone >gloats about how they stomped on a spider monkey just to hear it >scream... Harf *is* right. I couldn't have said it better myself. Spider monkeys must be pretty fierce beasts, I should think. Spiders -- pretty scary. Monkeys -- pretty crazy. Put 'em together and you've got a harfed up creature on your hands. But all joking aside, my head just exploded into tiny fragments and I'm having a hard time seeing the monitor, what with the lack of eyes and the considerable amount of debris coating the screen. Harf, Mitch "If poetry is like an orgasm, an academic can be likened to someone who studies the passion-stains on the bedsheets." - Irving Layton http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html Support the Harf Project: http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/harfproj.html All your questions answered, all your problems solved: http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mitch/ask820/ask820.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980924155747.00922830@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:57:47 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart The people at the store get >paid to watch for anyone screwing around, and people who actually do just >liven their days up a little bit. hahahahahahahahaha you think so, huh? As a former retail employee (not Wal-Mart), I must say that the idea of someone being paid to stand there and watch for anyone screwing around is highly amusing. Granted, malls and department stores have security guards who look out for such things, but your average Wal-Mart employee has plenty to do other than watching for anyone who's screwing around. I worked at Toys R Us during the holiday season and let me tell you, if I was working the 8 hour closing shift on Christmas Eve (which I did), the sight of a group of teenagers wreaking havoc in the aisles would have done anything but "liven my day up". That goes for any day, actually. I had responsibilities to fulfill or else my job was in danger. It was an awful job, but it was without a doubt made worse on the days when people would trash the aisles, annoy me, etc. Trust me, you are not livening up anyone's day by "screwing around". --J'son-- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:56:14 -0700 Message-ID: <0004AB86.C21427@broder.com> From: Courtney_Patubo@broder.com (Courtney Patubo) Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? -- Mitch sez: >Oh, I'm pretty rabid against wars, and I'd rabidly support love and peace. Well, I'm a supporter, but I don't get out into the streets and preach to people. I guess our definitions are different. >But without war we'd never have such classic films as the Rambo series. You are correct, my friend, hear hear. >>>In any case, the anger is just a phase, just like I am. >> >>I hope you're right. >Ah, so you hope I am a phase, do you? >How rude! What cheek! Ahh, I meant the anger part. trim the part about your being a phase. oops! sorry, no offense. I don't mean to open up another can of worms, just to help close... -toonie Courtney L. Patubo -aka- toonie toonie@tmbg.org (home) * cpatubo@broder.com (work) ICQ# 3762743 * http://www.sirius.com/~cpatubo "The following sentence is false. The preceeding sentence is true." ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:46:21 -0400 Subject: TMBG: double posts Message-ID: <19980924.074624.11654.2.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) Is it just me or are many messages being posted twice? particle.man@juno.com _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:42:40 -0400 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Swingers Message-ID: <19980924.074624.11654.0.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >What more could I have said to indicate my level of sarcasm? It >seemed >pretty clear to me... > >My point is this (if you didn't get it the first time): It *is* a >matter of >taste, so why harfing argue about it? see that's the trouble with computer conversations. Sarcasm doesn't work well. The only way I've found to say that you're joking is to end an insult with :) or something. Instead a person comes over as insane :) note the smiley _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:45:53 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Message-ID: <19980924.074624.11654.1.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) > Most of us who listen to Pink Floyd don't consider the >Division >Bell on of their albums. I know it sounds weird but I was thinking as >I >read the last post that I too would have reccomended anything by Pink >Floyd. I guess I must be in denial that the Division Bell even exists hehehe...figures I get the worst one first. I figured since I liked Dark Side Of The Moon so much I'd give DB another chance. No. It's still horrible. :) So I'm safe buying any other Pink CD?. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:12:42 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: not feeling yourself? In a message dated 9/24/98 12:48:59 PM, Courtney_Patubo@broder.com writes: >Is it just me, or has a lot of hostility arisen within this list in the >past >coupla days? ah, not just here. it's ...it's the weather. ;p it's not just this list. there's another list and (at least) 2 newsgroups i'm on that are having flame wars a-go-go. ~sarah http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal <--- doctor wormified. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19980924201540.00fa3dd8@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:15:40 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: double posts At 07:46 AM 9/24/98 -0400, you wrote: >Is it just me or are many messages being posted twice? Chances are that it is being posted only once to the list. Sometimes when someone replies to a message, they send their reply both to the list and to the person who wrote the message to which they are responding. There is really no reason to do this -- sending it to one or the other should be sufficient, but that's why you might get two copies of the same message. If that isn't the reason, then the only other explanation I can come up with involves space aliens and Cobra Commander, both of whom I cannot afford to antagonize, so I'd better just close my big mouth before someone (or something) closes it for me. Harf, Mitch "If poetry is like an orgasm, an academic can be likened to someone who studies the passion-stains on the bedsheets." - Irving Layton http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html Support the Harf Project: http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/harfproj.html All your questions answered, all your problems solved: http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mitch/ask820/ask820.html ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:16:03 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends In a message dated 9/24/98 2:30:29 PM, kless@bgnet.bgsu.edu writes: >what are Doctor Worm and Rabbi Vole really like? Are they best >buds that sit around and play music all day? what do they look like? >where do they live? do they have a tv show? don't they host *loveline*? ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:37:59 -0400 (EDT) From: Rachel Yudell Subject: TMBG: oh danny boy Message-ID: well whoever it was...batbrain i think...you too are now a member of a select group of minor deities:) danny elfman is god. no buts about it. ok gotta go read a million chapeters for class. again...formal intoduction to follow:) ray-chill "...and i asked old jack 'do you remember that night; when the sky was so dark, and the moon shown so bright...when a million small children pretending to sleep, nearly didn't have christmas at all so to speak? and would, if you could, turn that mighty clock back to that long fateful night...now think carefully jack...would you do the whole thing all over again, knowing what you know now, knowing what you knew then?' and he smiled like the old Pumpin King that i knew, and then turned and asked softly of me... ...'wouldn't you?' -Tim Burton's 'the nightmare before christmas' ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:50:12 -0600 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Message-ID: <19980924.155816.11110.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> after having been on this list for quite some time... i'd just like to say that angry threads are better than no threads at all. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:55:02 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: double posts Message-ID: <19980924.155816.11110.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> okay when you're on the actual list (and not the digest) people hit reply to sender and all recipiants... that means you get a message and then you get the message from the actual TMBG-list... > There is >really no reason to do this -- sending it to one or the other should >be sufficient, but that's why you might get two copies of the same >message. a lot of people complain about getting the messages twice and that you should just reply to the mailing list but honestly... i skip over so many messages that if i see it two times in my box i know they're writting me specifically... and anyways, it's not *that* hard to hit delete take it easy, JOrdaN, proud to be sending two messages http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19980924220654.012663f0@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:06:54 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: double posts >a lot of people complain about getting the messages twice and that you >should just reply to the mailing list but honestly... i skip over so many >messages that if i see it two times in my box i know they're writting me >specifically... and anyways, it's not *that* hard to hit delete If they are writing you specifically, then why not just write it privately? I can see on some occasions where you might want to do it, but I'd say that for the most part it is done accidentally and without good purpose. Spider monkeys! Harf, Mitch http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/ ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:16:29 -0600 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest Message-ID: <19980924.161638.11110.5.TMBgirl@juno.com> >>Adam Sandler is great... I didn't like his last CD though... > >Havn't heard his last CD. I have the first 2. I heard there were no >skits on the last one, just songs so I skipped it by. well...After watching the season premier of Just Shoot Me (david spade's my hero!) it's now official that Ana Gasteyer (forgive my spelling) is gonna be the next Adam Sandler. Just remember, you heard it here first! >>>Kids In The Hall:Brain Candy >>Haven't seen it.. although I did like the show ("You PRRRRICK!") > >Never seen the show...don't know where to see it. The movie was >great. heh, i only watched the movie for the 3 second clip of TMBG but i'm super glad i did :) i love KITH :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980924182309.006b4404@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:23:09 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest At 04:16 PM 9/24/98 -0600, tmbgirl@juno.com wrote: > >heh, i only watched the movie for the 3 second clip of TMBG but i'm super >glad i did :) i love KITH :) The awful thing is that Spiralling Shape would've been great for the opening credits...I'm disappointed that "they" (whoever 'they' are) decided to use it that way. Heck, it didn't even seem like 3 seconds to me. ;-) -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980924222519.18506.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Mike McGuire" Subject: Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:25:19 PDT My god! What's wrong with you two? Division Bell is an incredible album! High Hopes is one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs ever. I highly consider DB to be Pink Floyd, and I think it's a very very very good album. Meddle is my personal favorite. I'm just shocked to hear these words spoken. *Mike* >To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org >Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 07:45:53 -0400 >Subject: Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd >From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >Reply-To: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) > >> Most of us who listen to Pink Floyd don't consider the >>Division >>Bell on of their albums. I know it sounds weird but I was thinking as >>I >>read the last post that I too would have reccomended anything by Pink >>Floyd. I guess I must be in denial that the Division Bell even exists > >hehehe...figures I get the worst one first. >I figured since I liked Dark Side Of The Moon so much I'd give DB another >chance. >No. It's still horrible. :) >So I'm safe buying any other Pink CD?. > >_____________________________________________________________________ >You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. >Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com >Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 16:28:50 -0600 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: double posts Message-ID: <19980924.162854.11110.6.TMBgirl@juno.com> > but I'd say >that >for the most part it is done accidentally and without good purpose. Allright, so i lied, it's all a huge conspiracy to make you think that i'm not reading your posts... that i'm not watching you and everything you do... that i'm not the person in the big bird costume sitting in a tree outside your window... *chirp* *chirp* >If they are writing you specifically, then why not just write it >privately? uhm... i kinda like to know when people are replying to my posts so that i can have a chance to defend myself :) > but I'd say >that >for the most part it is done accidentally and without good purpose. "aw, now i have to owies... my neck hurts and my ear hurts" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:32:57 EDT Subject: TMBG: laura cantrell the illustrator? *brr* it is cold here. anyway. i was watching the today show this morning (no al roker, man, was i pissed!) ...and they had jamie lee curtis on. she just wrote a new children's book, "sometimes i feel silly" (i think)... and they showed a still of the book cover, and it said "illustrated by laura cantrell" -- i'm *very* sure. i didn't get to stare at the cover for more than a split second, but. i'm betting that it *is* our Guitar backup singin' laura cantrell. ~~sarah http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal/ ------------------------------ From: "Christina" Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 17:45:59 -0700 Message-ID: <01bde81d$dd091ee0$19f9adce@cak4748> Couldn't have been Michael Richards first movie... have you ever seen Transylvania 6-5000 w/Ed Begley Jr. ???? That was earlier than UHF. (& a funny role for Richards!!) Christina -----Original Message----- From: Anon Y Mous To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org Date: Thursday, September 24, 1998 9:05 AM Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) >>yeah UHf is the best movie i have ever seen > >hehe, I think that was Michael Richards' first movie. >"My mop!!!" :) > > >_____________________________________________________________________ >You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. >Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com >Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:38:15 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: a request. Message-ID: On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Courtney Patubo wrote: > Is it just me, or has a lot of hostility arisen within this list in the past > coupla days? > > You guys ok? well, said, courtney! thus, i have a request to make of the list: (and i'm not trying to act like a list angel or anything right now, this is just on my own little soapbox as someone who loves this list and gets annoyed at seeing good people go at each others throats in flame wars.) if you're in a pissy mood and are about to post, please (a) mellow out, (b) lighten up, (c) chill, or (d) don't post. and please, PLEASE refrain from insulting other listies. if you want to make your arguments heard, that's the surest-fire way of shooting yourself in the foot. thank you. --jim kuemmerle, who now returns you to your regularly-scheduled bile and vitriol... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:17:48 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Message-ID: if you think I'd do the same, you don't know me. I'm an avid Socialist. Cap'n Helfgott ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:15:39 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: Wal-mart...whatever Message-ID: what bands I listed were major record labels? ------------------------------ From: PhoneCat@aol.com Message-ID: <453bd502.360b031f@aol.com> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 22:42:39 EDT Subject: TMBG: narf n.a.r.f. seeing is believing. the mist. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:53:31 -0700 From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: Re: TMBG: not feeling yourself? >In a message dated 9/24/98 12:48:59 PM, Courtney_Patubo@broder.com writes: > >>Is it just me, or has a lot of hostility arisen within this list in the >>past >>coupla days? > > >ah, not just here. it's ...it's the weather. ;p it's not just this list. >there's another list and (at least) 2 newsgroups i'm on that are having flame >wars a-go-go. Yeah, I've noticed this too, on the computer-topic lists I'm on. I blame it on current US politics - the insanity is starting to rub off on the citizens. ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <80d4e14b.360b0b8f@aol.com> Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:18:39 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Dangit...now I wished I'd have payed closer attention to those Walmart and Swingers thingers. (In other word's, I wish i'd actally have bothered to read them. Walmart just aint that appealing to me) Have i known a war was to break out, i would have been glad to put in my say! Well, let this be a lesson to you all. What lesson might that be? Ask me not, for i do not know. Why did I send this email? Ask me not, for i do not know. Did you even read this at all? I hope not, cuz you'd be pretty ticked at my ramblings ~Bat"I wish i hadn't bothered to write this"Brain * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --- "Only allow people the chance of escape when you know they'd be fools to take it" ~ Lost Horizon ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:20:33 -0600 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: a request. Message-ID: <19980924.212037.3518.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >> Is it just me, or has a lot of hostility arisen within this list in >the past >> coupla days? >> >> You guys ok? > >well, said, courtney! you're absolutely correct, that was a great sentence. in fact, i think i'm gonna go show it to claudia from brazil... maybe she'll learn some proper english for a change. >thus, i have a request to make of the list: i have a request to make of the list as well... send me all your money or other valuables (graham crackers included). >(and i'm not trying to act like a list angel >or anything right now, this is just on my >own little soapbox but there's a halo of light around the soapbox... that should count for something. > as someone who loves this >list and gets annoyed at seeing good people >go at each others throats in flame wars.) good people... where?! >if you're in a pissy mood and are about to >post, please (a) mellow out, (b) lighten up, >(c) chill, or (d) don't post. ooh ooh... no exceptions for anyone in an obnoxious mood... i'm covered! :) >and please, PLEASE refrain from insulting >other listies. i love you, you love me. > if you want to make your >arguments heard, that's the surest-fire way >of shooting yourself in the foot. i like to consider myself an expert in this subject as i've been shot in the foot before... it hurts. >thank you. you're entirely welcome Jim :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:11:34 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: not feeling yourself? Message-ID: <19980924.212037.3518.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Yeah, I've noticed this too, on the computer-topic lists I'm on. I >blame it >on current US politics - the insanity is starting to rub off on the >citizens. politics?! i blame it on the spider-monkeys. or wait... maybe that is still politics... hmm... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 21:27:07 -0600 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: not feeling yourself? Message-ID: <19980924.212717.3518.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Have i known a war was >to break >out, i would have been glad to put in my say! what? a war? i want to support the North... no, wait... the south, yeah, the south :) take it easy, JOrdaN, please someone make me stop. http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ________________________________________________________________ Why pay more to use the Internet? Get fast, reliable, affordable Web access From Juno, the world's second largest online service. Download your free software here. ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:35:17 -0400 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Message-ID: <19980924.233723.10294.1.gray42@juno.com> On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 12:42:50 -0400 particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) writes: >Ok, as I said in a previous message, I'm in a pissy mood today, so I'm >going to jump on anybody who I have a problem with so here we go :) you've every right as an (what I'm guessing) American. Anyway, I've been sick the last few days, am actually well enough to read my mail now, and am feeling a bit deleriously depressed, and may be a bit snippish in return, you have been thourghally warned. >>back for the game because they suspected me of bootleging (what is >>this world coming to), which I didn't of course, but they said I >could > >Keep the phrase in parenthesis in mind when reading this message. Is this what you Earthlings refer to as Saurcasm (did I spell that right) >>Me and my good buddies have a habit of going to the local Walmart and > >>fooling around. Such as creating commotions with those weird >floating >>water sticks, and then one of the workers would threaten to kick us >>out. Dancing down the isles, and making fools of ourselves. In >>leaving the store, running past the old lafies who gaurd the door as >>if we've done something wrong i.e. shoplifting, and smile gleefully >as >>we are called back into the store, and we present the receipts. A >bit >>pointless but exciting and fun. > >Ok, so are you a 13 year old with ADHD or what? No, I'm an 18 year old with ADD Gee whiz, you and >your good buddies seem like real cool cats to me. Pissing off people >and "making fools" of yourselves. Hey that's what we live for, the world needs a few fools. >See, stealing has a point. I'm not saying it's good, but it has a >point. The idea about trading in the CD for a new one and selling it >back, brilliant (I wish I had done that when I bought Dragon's Lair a >few years back). Hey, I did nothing wrong, no bootleging, I couldn't use a product, and went through the back door (stereotypical female) to get my B-day money back. >But the stuff I quoted has no point, as you readily admit. It just >annoys people, and they can't do a damned thing about it without >getting fired. THIS is (YOU are) what I hate about kids these days. >Hell, I'm 17, I'm still a kid, but I was never an obnoxious shithead >doing this stuff. Can I ask you WHY you like to make people's lives >harder? Maybe I'm a sick twisted Sato Masochist from Outer Space who gets some sort of perverted satisfaction from being evil. Nobody's perfect, and I've got rights You realize kids are going to do that to you once you get in >the real world. And you're going to want to kill them, believe me. >Troublemakers is the right word. There are even adults who do it. >Doing things only for the sake of making other people's lives harder. >I see people my own age going out to play "mailbox baseball." FUCKING >IDIOTS! Where on the primate scale, did people start driving by >houses, smashing people's mailboxes with baseball bats?!@# And >they're all proud of themselves, "I made one fly clear accross the >street!" followed by the gufawing of his lackeys. Did I ever say I wasn't a hypocrite, well I am, and they've got rights to. This world we live in should be hard, otherwise it wouldn't be any fun. >I would like to continue my essay on brats who need to be bent over >the knee and spanked like, well, something that is spanked into next >Friday. : ^ ) >We can just hope that all these shmucks wander into a junk store >fighting, get dragged into the basement, and...well...you've seen Pulp >Fiction. Maybe that'll teach em. :P Mysterio Gal (rights right rights blah blah blah) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >_____________________________________________________________________ >You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get >completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno >at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:59:16 -0400 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: Swingers (WAS May bad luck and misfortune infest Message-ID: <19980925.024520.4262.2.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >well...After watching the season premier of Just Shoot Me (david >spade's my hero!) it's now official that Ana Gasteyer (forgive my >spelling) is gonna be the next Adam Sandler. Just remember, you heard >it here first! I didn't see that one, but I watch SNL a lot. Ana Gasteyer seems nothing like Sandler to me. She doesn't scream, she's not excessivly vulgar, and that I've seen not that funny (but I could have missed some good ones). >heh, i only watched the movie for the 3 second clip of TMBG but i'm >super glad i did :) i love KITH :) huh??? When were they in it?? ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 01:02:19 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bands YOU should like (at least I do) Message-ID: <19980925.024520.4262.4.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >Couldn't have been Michael Richards first movie... have you ever seen >Transylvania 6-5000 w/Ed Begley Jr. ???? That was earlier than UHF. (& >a >funny role for Richards!!) nope, never heard of it. The only movies of his I've seen are UHF, Trial and Error, and Unstrung Heroes (in which he was the only good character). ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 01:00:56 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Message-ID: <19980925.024520.4262.3.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >My god! What's wrong with you two? Division Bell is an incredible >album! High Hopes is one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs ever. I >highly consider DB to be Pink Floyd, and I think it's a very very very >good album. Meddle is my personal favorite. I'm just shocked to hear One thing that I noticed, that could be a reason I liked Dark Side Of The Moon better is in DSotM, it says all songs written by Roger Waters. Did he die or something, because he's not mentioned in the DB booklet. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 01:16:02 -0400 Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Walmart antics or fun w/ Walmart Message-ID: <19980925.024520.4262.5.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >>Keep the phrase in parenthesis in mind when reading this message. > >Is this what you Earthlings refer to as Saurcasm (did I spell that >right) see, now I have a great deal of trouble telling sarcasm in a message. I hope you were being sarcastic (in some form of the meaning) in the spelling. An 18 year old should be able to spell sarcasm. > Gee whiz, you and >>your good buddies seem like real cool cats to me. Pissing off people >>and "making fools" of yourselves. >Hey that's what we live for, the world needs a few fools. And you seem proud of it. A fool is another name for a court jester, who entertained and made people laugh. What you said you did is hardly that. It's sophmoric animosity towards WalMart employees (of which I was once going to be...but they weren't hiring at the time). >>See, stealing has a point. I'm not saying it's good, but it has a >>point. The idea about trading in the CD for a new one and selling it >>back, brilliant (I wish I had done that when I bought Dragon's Lair a >>few years back). >Hey, I did nothing wrong, no bootleging, I couldn't use a product, and >went through the back door (stereotypical female) to get my B-day >money back. don't get defensive, I wasn't being sarcastic...that was a good idea :) >Maybe I'm a sick twisted Sato Masochist from Outer Space who gets some >sort of perverted satisfaction from being evil. Nobody's perfect, and >I've got rights Oh dear...we have one of these. Rights, my friend, are not all they are cracked up to be. We have freedom of press, but you can't put certain stuff in, we have freedom of speech, but we can't yell fire in a crowded theatre, you know all the examples. Don't fall back on them. My 11 year old sister, when people say "Don't do that" to whatever it is she's doing, often says "It's a free country." I *HATE* that. And for what you do, the store has the right to detain you and force you to exit the store...maybe not arrest (unless you cross some line to unlawful harassment). >Did I ever say I wasn't a hypocrite, well I am, and they've got rights >to. This world we live in should be hard, otherwise it wouldn't be >any fun. Uh oh, it's the rights again. Yes, you have the "right" to be a hypocrite, just like you have the right to be a racist, bigot, or Neil Diamond fan...not to say that any of those are socially acceptable or morally right. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 05:08:55 -0600 (MDT) From: Scot Westwood Subject: Re:non TMBG: Pink Floyd Message-ID: I'm pretty sure you can buy any Pink Floyd CD besides DB and be quite happy. I've haven't got them all yet (I spend my money on TMBG) but I haven't found a bad one yet, some are a lot wierder than others like ummagumma (sp) and relics but I can't say I've disliked any of their songs (Again I just pretend like division bell doesn't exist). I'd be very wary of any Pink Floyd CD you can get for $7 bucks, In Utah the used ones go for $8 and they never stay one the shelves. Scot ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:48:24 -0500 (CDT) From: Kim Justice Subject: Re: TMBG: new music Pink Floyd Message-ID: On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Anon Y Mous wrote: > One thing that I noticed, that could be a reason I liked Dark Side Of The > Moon better is in DSotM, it says all songs written by Roger Waters. Did > he die or something, because he's not mentioned in the DB booklet. Waters split from PF several years ago and has since released a few solo albums. kj -- justicek@edge.net (Kim Justice) http://edge.edge.net/~justicek We are what you made us. -- Miri ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:59:38 +0000 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Video Bootleg 3 questions. On the basis that some of current hostility may arise out of boredom let me ask a number of questions about the excellent TMBG Video Bootleg Vol 3. (1) They'll need a Crane. Videod in a park and on a lake/pond. Where is this park and lake? (2) They'll need a Crane. Who are the elderly gentlemen acting as the backing band on the video. Are they musicians, actors or both? (3) Ana Ng. Where was this videod? Wonderful looking building. Is it still standing or has it been pulled down - and had a Walmart erected in its place? (4) JBTV What is this TV station! Did anyone watch it! Is it still on-air? OK that should keep some of you busy..... and remember as you consider Bill Clinton 'Nixon's the One'.(Mono Puffs reference as you all know). Richard (who was studying American politics and your constitution at the time of Watergate so has a certain views about degrees of wrong and 'wrong'.) >>> "tmbgirl@juno.com" 25/September/1998 12:44pm >>> >> Is it just me, or has a lot of hostility arisen within this list in >the past >> coupla days? >> >> You guys ok? > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980925164856.006ae9c0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:48:56 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Video Bootleg 3 questions. At 01:59 PM 9/25/98 +0000, rhilton@bitc.org.uk wrote: > >(4) JBTV What is this TV station! Did anyone watch it! Is it still >on-air? I think it's a station in Chicago...kind of a local MTV type thing, or at least that's the impression I've gotten... -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 16:50:08 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Video Bootleg 3 questions. In a message dated 9/25/98 4:47:54 PM, rhilton@bitc.org.uk writes: >(1) They'll need a Crane. Videod in a park and on a lake/pond. Where is > >this park and lake? central park, in newwww yorrrk citay. by the bandshell. i'd describe further, but if you've seen the video, i don't need to. i was there this summer, took a couple pictures before the mono puff concert.. one of them is on my photos page. find it. http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal sarah ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:33:18 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends Who would win in a fight between friends Rabbi Vole and Doctor Worm vs. Skeletor from He-man? Jeff "Wouldn't Charleton Heston be a great Skeletor" Craig ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000601bde84c$4224abe0$60c708d1@idiotnot.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: 93.7 The Coast (96X DJs) Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 02:18:02 -0400 :On Wed, 23 Sep 1998 17:53:54 EDT Lympton@aol.com writes: :>I live in Virginia Beach and I have heard Birdhouse in your soul two :>times on the coast. And at the show here back in April the bums from 96x :were :>at the concert throwing t-shirts ( ihappened to grab one that fell :behind the :>speaker, it has now been burned). Anywho, i have one question, what do :>DJs who work at a station like the old 96x do when the station changes :music :>types? They get jobs other places, normally. Unless you are *big* you are an "at will" employee, meaning you can be fired at moment's notice. This applies really only to the talent and salespeople at radio stations. Everyone else is generally unionized. :Well, they were permitted to audition for the New 96X but sadly they were :all fired... :The program director, Al Mitchell, was also fired and is taking a long :vacation to do some "soul searching..." Everyone who has been associated with the business reaches these crossroads. Unfortunately, folks who work for Sinclair Broadcasting tend to reach them rather quickly (Pat Murphy, Nick at Night, Amy Newman, Henry Del Toro, Perry Stone, and on and on). Sinclair, on the FM side, tends to be best for folks who are just cutting their teeth. Basically how they operate is that they ride your wave until the ratings drop, and then you're gone. There is a reason that I haven't even considered applying on the FM side down there. I'd gladly work for Tony Macrini or Dave Morgan on the AM, but I'd rather work at FM99 (baaaaaarrrrrrrrffffffff!!!) than work on the FM side of Sinclair. :I kept my old 96X T and wear it proudly... Never got one, but I haven't gotten around to ripping the bumper sticker off the Jeep yet. :SUPPORT Americans For Radio Diversity!!! :radiodiversity.com : :KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING AGAIN! :BUY TELECONNED! WRITE TO THE FCC!!! Can't say I agree with you here. Large broadcasting companies will provide better variety because they can afford to keep some low-rated stations afloat. Also, with cross-traffic, advertisers benefit because they can buy a package deal, and be heard on many stations. Example: I work at WPEN television, a Lockwood Broadcasting Group affiliate. We are able to sell national accounts, which bring in a buttload of revenue. The marketer may be aiming at one of the network affiliate stations, but they also can cover a different audience by advertising on the independent stations basically free of charge. I'd like to see the FCC disappear completely; beside the IRS, the FCC demonstrates everything that is wrong with the Federal government. Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org "Someday, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name."--Doctor Worm http://www.tmbg.org/~bluedawg/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980925170324.006b35a4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 17:03:24 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Worm and Vole Are Friends At 12:33 AM 9/25/98 EDT, ErgoTM@aol.com wrote: >Who would win in a fight between friends Rabbi Vole and Doctor Worm vs. >Skeletor from He-man? Rabbi Vole and Dr. Worm, because Skeletor has never - in the entire history of the Masters of the Universe - won a battle. I'll take this opportunity to plug my He-Man site at http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ Approaching its third year... ;-) -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:08:20 -0600 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: SNL, KITH Message-ID: <19980925.150824.11126.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >I didn't see that one, but I watch SNL a lot. Ana Gasteyer seems >nothing like Sandler to me. She doesn't scream, she's not excessivly >vulgar, and that I've seen not that funny (but I could have missed >some good ones). erg, i totally didn't mean it that way... i just meant that i have a feeling that once she's off of SNL she's gonna put out an album, star in some movies, etc.... follow the route of adam sandler... >>heh, i only watched the movie for the 3 second clip of TMBG but i'm >>super glad i did :) i love KITH :) > >huh??? When were they in it?? at the awards... you hear spiraling shape... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:24:55 -0500 (CDT) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Walmart Message-ID: On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Anon Y Mous wrote: > >paid to watch for anyone screwing around, and people who actually do > >just > >liven their days up a little bit. The only people it could really > > Yeah, and I bet policemen's lives get livened up by a good gunfight every > once in a while. Ah, hyperbole. Slippery slope. Whatever the fuck fallacy this is. No comment, other than that. > [snip] WalMart is the number > one employer in the country, which is a good thing by the way. [snip] I could have sworn that the number one employer was (and has been for a couple of years) Manpower. You know, the temp agency? I don't know...Michael Moore said it when I saw him speak, so I'm believing him. We've both been wrong before, though. "Say you've gone astray, I talk in circles..." The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ From: "Christina" Subject: TMBG: 50 fun things to do at Wal Mart Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 07:41:42 -0700 Message-ID: <01bde892$9cd64800$2cfaadce@cak4748> Okay... okay... I'm not encouraging anyone to actually DO any of these (although some I find kinda amusing...) but this popped up on another list I'm on yesterday... which amused the heck out of me.... Enjoy! Christina 50 FUN THINGS TO DO AT WAL-MART 1. Take shopping carts for the express purpose of filling them and stranding them at strategic locations. 2. Ride those little electronic cars at the front of the store. 3. Set all the alarm clocks to go off at ten minute intervals throughout the day. 4. Start playing Calvinball; see how many people you can get to join in. 5. Contaminate the entire auto department by sampling all the spray air fresheners. 6. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap. 7. Leave cryptic messages on the typewriters. 8. Re-dress the mannequins as you see fit. 9. When there are people behind you, walk REALLY SLOW, especially thin narrow aisles. 10. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, "I think we've got a Code 3 in Housewares," and see what happens. 11. Tune all the radios to a polka station; then turn them all off and turn the volumes to "10". 12. Play with the automatic doors. 13. Walk up to complete strangers and say, "Hi! I haven't seen you in so long!..." etc. See if they play along to avoid embarrassment. 14. While walking through the clothing department, ask yourself loud enough for all to hear, "Who BUYS this crap, anyway?" 15. Repeat Number 14 in the jewelry department. 16. Ride a display bicycle through the store; claim you're taking it for a "test drive." 17. Follow people through the aisles, always staying about five feet away. Continue to do this until they leave the department. 18. Play soccer with a group of friends, using the entire store as your playing field. 19. As the cashier runs your purchases over the scanner, look mesmerized and say, "Wow. Magic!" 20. Put M&M's on layaway. 21. Move "Caution: Wet Floor" signs to carpeted areas. 22. Set up a tent in the camping department; tell others you'll only invite them in if they bring pillows from Bed and Bath. 23. Test the fishing rods and see what you can "catch" from the other aisles. 24. Ask other customers if they have any Grey Poupon. 25. Drape a blanket around your shoulders and run around saying, "...I'm Batman. Come, Robin-to the Batcave!" 26. TP as much of the store as possible. 27. Randomly throw things over into neighboring aisles. 28. Play with the calculators so that they all spell "hello" upside down. 29. When someone asks if you need help, begin to cry and ask, "Why won't you people just leave me alone?" 30. When two or three people are walking ahead of you, run between them, yelling, "Red Rover!" 31. Make up nonsense products and ask newly hired employees if there are any in stock, i.e., "Do you have any Shnerples here?" 32. Take up an entire aisle in Toys by setting up a full scale battlefield with G.I. Joes vs. the X-Men. 33. Take bets on the battle described above. 34. Nonchalantly "test" the brushes and combs in Cosmetics. 35.While handling guns in the hunting department, suddenly ask the clerk if he knows where the anti-depressants are. Act as spastic as possible. 36. Hold indoor shopping cart races. 37. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from "Mission: Impossible." 38. Attempt to fit into very large gym bags. 39. Attempt to fit others into very large gym bags. 40. Say things like, "Would you be so kind as to direct me to your Twinkies?" 41. Set up a "Valet Parking" sign in front of the store. 42. Two words: "Marco Polo." 43. Leave Cheerios in Lawn and Garden, pillows in the pet food aisle, etc. 44. "Re-alphabetize" the CD's in Electronics. 45. In the auto department, practice your "Madonna" look with various funnels. 46. When someone steps away from their cart to look at something, quickly make off with it without saying a word. 47. Relax in the patio furniture until you get kicked out. 48. When an announcement comes over the loudspeaker, assume the fetal position and scream, "No, no! It's those voices again!" 49. Pay off layaways fifty cents at a time. 50. Drag a lounge chair on display over to the magazines and relax. If the store has a food court, buy a soft drink; explain that you don't get out much, and ask if they can put a little umbrella in it. [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #10-23 ******************************