Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #10-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 10, Number 3 Thursday, 3 September 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Hello, and the 9/23 Show TMBG: live in St. Louis! Re: TMBG: Recent and past TMBG sightings Non-TMBG: Nickelodean Re: TMBG: TMBG sightings + CEIA (PIC!!) + past Nick shows Re: TMBG: TMBG sightings + CEIA (PIC!!) + past Nick shows Re: TMBG: TMBG sightings + CEIA (PIC!!) + past Nick shows TMBG: TMBG sightings and Dr Worm Single Re: TMBG: Recent and past TMBG sightings TMBG: non-tmbg: Nick TMBG: SoCal Shows Re: non TMBG: Nick shows Re: non TMBG: Nick shows Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: Nick Re: non TMBG: Nick shows TMBG: Hey... Re: TMBG: TMBG sightings + CEIA (PIC!!) + past Nick shows TMBG: covers and credit Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean TMBG: non-tmbg: Another lost Nick show! Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: Another lost Nick show! Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: Another lost Nick show! Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: Another lost Nick show! TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil RE: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil RE: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: Non-TMBG: age survey RE: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil TMBG: MPLS 9/29/98 Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Re: TMBG: MPLS 9/29/98 Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil TMBG: Weird Al & TMBG (directly from Al) Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Stewart Russell 3295 Analyst_Programmer Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 09:15:12 +0100 (BST) Subject: Re: TMBG: Hello, and the 9/23 Show Message-ID: <13804.64506.49913.749105@helmsdale> They *are* playing William Jewell College in Liberty, MO on September 23. Here's the info I got from the college's webmaster: > The CUA Concert Series Proudly Presents: "They Might Be Giants" > Wednesday, September 23 8:00 p.m. under the stars in Browning Bowl > Tickets Free to William Jewell Students and Employees $10 for all > others > > Remember the hits: "Istanbul {not Constantinople}"? That is this band. > This Brooklyn-based duo, made up of John Flansburgh and John Linell, > gives a new twist to pop music. Their lyrics (which are often funny and > always offbeat) are accompanied by Flansburgh's guitar and Linnell's > accordion, giving their songs a unique sound. Full of puns, wisecracks, > and thesaurus-dependent lyrics, TMBG's music is always entertaining. > > ~ Iotis Erlewine > > Selected Discography > > They Might Be Giants (includes "Don't Let's Start" and "Put Your Hand > Inside the Puppet Head"), Bar/None, 1987. Don't Let's Start, Bar/None, > 1988. (She Was a) Hotel Detective, Bar/None, 1988. Lincoln (includes > "Ana Ng," "They'll Need a Crane," "Purple Toupee," and "Shoehorn with > Teeth"), Bar/ None-Enigma, 1988. They'll Need a Crane, Bar/ > None-Enigma, 1988. Flood (includes "Birdhouse in Your Soul," "Istanbul > [Not Constantinople]," "Particle Man," and "We Want a Rock"), Elektra, > 1990. Istanbul (Not Constantinople), Elektra, 1990. Apollo 18, Elektra, > 1992. > > ~~ Simon Glickman They at least could have mentioned Severe Tire Damage (which I like, having bought at extreme expense on import last night) but hey... -- Stewart C. Russell Analyst Programmer, Dictionary Division stewart@ref.collins.co.uk HarperCollins Publishers use Disclaimer; my $opinion; Glasgow, Scotland ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 03:40:48 -0500 (CDT) From: bill tatalovich Subject: TMBG: live in St. Louis! Message-ID: Hey all-- Okay, I know there are four or five folks from in or around St. Louis on this list, so I figured I'd let all y'all know. Word is from up on high (okay, not on high...the campus paper I work for) that the twin quazars are playing Mississippi Nights in St. Louis on 25 September. I'm getting this directly from the music editor, and although the date may be off, there is certainly a date set up. And I'm interviewing the band, apparently...hopefully I'll get to do it in person as opposed to on the phone (I've done an in-person interview only with Guster, and it was loads more fun). So yeah...St. Louis fans rejoice! They are playing in St. Louis twice within the span of one month... The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu | feedback for toddlers e-zine: | | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | http://www.poboxes.com/fft/ | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809021027.GAA05368@pop.snet.net> From: "dext182" Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 06:24:49 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Recent and past TMBG sightings > > << As for Clarissa, it is well known on the list that TMBG is one of Melissa > Joan Hart's (Clarissa) favorite bands. I don't know if they were played on > the show or not, though. I think that I remember that they were, though. >> > > Wait wait...where was it said that TMBG was one of Melissa Joan Hart's > favorite bands? In the first episode of Clarissa, in the list of things she > likes, she says TMBG is her favorite band, and it shows the cartoon John's > from the Hotel Detective video run across the screen. I heard that Ana Ng > plays also. But this doesn't mean it is MELISSA'S favorite band. More likely > whoever created or wrote Clarissa Explains It All. > In addition, for many episodes she has a very cool TMBG poster on her wall, > and a Flood thing also... > hey... i'm sitting here trying to remember back years and years ago when i was really little and watched nickelodeon all the time.... i think i kinda halfway remember the list... but i didn't even know that tmbg had existed then (yes yes... but i was only EIGHT. what do you expect???) this brings a whole new light... i'll have to start watching it again. sheesh. i haven't a clue when it's on... jen ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980902114642.5808.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: Nickelodean Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:46:41 PDT I don't know if anyone has had a chance to check up on Nick or not, but I have. And now I remember why adults watch Nick. It just used to be better, and I've no better way of putting it. If I'm correct, Nick Jr. doesn't exsist anymore, because the shows for kindergarten age groups rised up and took over the channel, like a leach on a sloth. Ewww. Why do you need to say "I'm watching Nick Jr." if it takes over Nick and steals it's name? The good ol' shows, Mr. Wizard, CEIA, Finders Keepers (does anyone even remember that?), etc., have all gone, not some special vintage vault, no no my friends, they've gone to the back of our minds. How 'bout David the Gnome? Sure, it was a suck-ass kiddie show, but it was better than that kid with the oval head. Or those friggin' babies. I remember the very first time I saw a Nick show (bold faced lie)... Anyway, even though Kennan and Kel are a bit funny, we still want our Dave Whatshisname, that guy from Full House who had his own Nick show. So, THUS ENDS MY TRIBUTE TO THOSE SHOWS WE ONCE KNEW. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW!!! He dented my plate! Ow, my brain is burnin'! Now I'm flashback! Now I'm flashback! Ow! Ooooww!! Leatherface! You bitch! Look what you did to my Sonny Bono wig do. Oh, god...DAMN, I can't believe it! You got to buy me a new plate cover! You got to buy me a new plate cover, Leatherface! Oohhhh! Oh, he's gonna send me back to the V.A. hospital with this dent in my plate... "Well, at least he didn't mess me up." Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 09:36:59 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG sightings + CEIA (PIC!!) + past Nick shows Message-ID: <19980902.093659.4918.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Tue, 01 Sep 1998 18:59:18 -0500 Mitchell Harding writes: >At 07:51 PM 9/1/98 -0400, you wrote: >>Hey, I was just wondering if anyone saw the singing of "Istanble, not >Constantinople" on "Muppets Tonight" Sunday night? I was a little taken back that 4 muppet rats >would pop up atleast 3 times to sing the song. > >Well, not to be picky, but to call Istanbul a TMBG song is a little >misleading. I didn't see the episode, but I imagine they were singing >the original version. Actually, the original version is slow and creeps along and they say Constantinople differently.. this was definately the Johns sped up version... I think this was the producers' response to the crusade on this list to get the Johns on Muppet's Tonight... but who knows... Josh Buckland Wrote: >You're kidding! I've seen countless episodes of CEIA, and have NEVER >NOTICED THIS!!! Does anyone know where I can find stills of the show? I >HAVE to see this.] Well I have one still of the show... it is from the first episode when Clarissa is explaining what she likes and dislikes... you can see the pic. of the Johns from Hotel Detective.... I guess if anyone wants it send me and e-mail I don't have a pic. of the flood poster... but I know that it is (and I have seen it) right next to her bed... the pic. of the Johns (the accordian/guitar shot from tmbg.org's former front page) is above her dresser, or I may have these backwards... well her dresser and bed are in basically the same place so just watch that area >I don't know if anyone has had a chance to check up on Nick or not, but >I have. And now I remember why adults watch Nick. It just used to be >better, and I've no better way of putting it. If I'm correct, Nick Jr. >doesn't exsist anymore, because the shows for kindergarten age groups Actually, they still call it Nick Jr... I always thought NJ (not New Jersey) WAS for Kindergarten kids... maybe younger... since they didn't go to school in the morning... <> >steals it's name? The good ol' shows, Mr. Wizard, CEIA, Finders Keepers >(does anyone even remember that?), etc., have all gone, not some special Does anyone remember the Finders Keepers Home Game? I really liked Mr. Wizard... I think he still comes on at, like, 5 in the morning or something... how about You Can't Do That on Television? <> >Anyway, even though Kennan and Kel are a bit funny, we still want our Says who? >Dave Whatshisname, that guy from Full House who had his own Nick show. What was that show called? I LOVED that show.. Cut That Out? Cut It Out? something like that... Tim Coulier(<- whatsisname's last name), "Hi Sam" braewaewaweawe Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: They Got Lost Last CD purchase: Swingers (sndtrk.) Favorite mainstream song: One Week - BNL (when will it be dethroned?!?!) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980902101234.006aa8b0@pop.uky.edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:12:34 -0400 From: Bryan King Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG sightings + CEIA (PIC!!) + past Nick shows >>Dave Whatshisname, that guy from Full House who had his own Nick show. >What was that show called? I LOVED that show.. Cut That Out? Cut It Out? >something like that... Ya, it was "Cut.. It... Out". I loved that show too. I always liked when the girl with the high pitched voice did those one minute fairy tales or whatever... the sfc ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 11:25:14 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG sightings + CEIA (PIC!!) + past Nick shows Message-ID: <19980902.112514.8854.0.sped27@juno.com> From: sped27@juno.com (Drew Lawless) That show was called "Out Of Control," starring Dave Coulier, better known for his work (if you can call it that) on Full House. Drew "It's nice to be liked, but it's better by far to get paid." -Liz Phair _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: TMBG sightings and Dr Worm Single Message-ID: <19980902.125952.10199.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 13:01:21 EDT >okay so i've never seen CEIA, cuz well i don't have cable and on top >of that i rarely watch TV... Well, for those of you who have not seen it, I have sent a video tape containing parts from the first episode of CEIA, including scenes which have the posters in the background, to Russ (the video bootleg guy), who said he will put it on the next volume. And on a different note, I e-mailed Operator Dot, who works at TMB Productions, and asked her about the Dr. Worm single. Her reply? <> Damn :( Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980902133950.0090e950@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 13:39:50 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: TMBG: Recent and past TMBG sightings Okay, I'm warning you people now, the following message is MUCH longer than it should be, dwells on one point for many many sentences and is very redundant. I have a whole lot of time in between classes so I basically have nothing better to do... >Well, not to be picky, but to call Istanbul a TMBG song is a little >misleading. I didn't see the episode, but I imagine they were singing the >original version. Personally, I would imagine that even less people have heard the original version than the TMBG version. I haven't seen this episode either, but unless someone who runs Muppets Tonight is a hardcore Four Lads fan (does such a thing exist?) I seriously doubt they were drawing their inspiration from the original. There is a distinct difference between the 2 versions, so it shouldn't be that big of a guessing game. As for calling INC a TMBG song being misleading, I doubt that many people have asked their friends "Hey, have you ever heard that Four Lads song...?". To say that Ironman is a Cardigans song would be misleading. To say that I Think We're Alone Now is a Tiffany song is misleading. That's because most people have actually heard the original. I don't know how popular the Four Lads' version was back in the day, but hardly anyone today who isn't a TMBG fan has heard the original. Therefore, TMBG made the song a hit, instaed of redoing a previously famous song. The TMBG song is the version everyone knows. The fact that it's a cover is an asterisk. Kind of like the homerun record. Roger Maris had more games than Babe Ruth to hit 61 homeruns, but he still broke the record. That's like suggesting "to say Roger Maris broke the record for most homeruns in a season would be misleading". Basically what I'm saying is that no one would ever have heard of INC if TMBG hadn't redone it. Therefore, it's not misleading to call INC a TMBG song. --Jason-- "Standing in my yard where they tore down the garage to make room for the torn down garage" -- They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <19aca22a.35ed8499@aol.com> Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:47:05 EDT Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: Nick And there's always Pinwheel, and that show where Bill Cosby and that magical pen thing drew pictures. I used to own those books and the pen, so I could draw along with him. Matt --blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be-- Hearing Aid ------------------------------ Message-ID: From: Jason Ainsworth Subject: TMBG: SoCal Shows Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 11:21:56 -0700 To any Southern California fans: Minus the location factor, which is the better venue for the upcoming shows: The House of Blues or the Coach House? Jason (number ? on this list ?) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <5088d8d9.35eda7a9@aol.com> Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:16:41 EDT Subject: Re: Re: non TMBG: Nick shows In a message dated 9/2/98 4:00:46 PM, gray42@juno.com wrote: >(and 1st season only) of >Welcome Freshman. They really messed up that show by taking it from skits >to story. merrrrrrrrv!! :D my friends made fun of me 'cause i loved merv so. ;P i lived off of nickelodeon "back then"... now i can't tolerate it (now i have an 8 year old sister who lives off it... if i hear that damn "bangin' on a trash can" song from "Doug" again.. arrgh!).. loved today's special, pinwheel, picture pages picture pages, danger mouse, don't just sit there (remember THAT?), double dare (marc summers was the first celebrity i met ), and then around 6th grade it was clarissa, welcome freshmen and pete and pete. CEIA is actually on daily... don't know when but i always see my sister watching it. but nick has really degenerated... i mean *all that*?? i think this all started when roundhouse came on. that was the anachist fall of the happy empire. nothing is sacred anymore - in the nickeloden/keenan&kel movie.. *goodburger* , abe vigoda (! yeah abe!!) said "ass." :0 which, is fine, if it wasn't a nickelodeon movie! i don't consider myself a priss but there are some things that cannot be tainted. what's next, bert and ernie giving each other the finger? ~sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980902204938.006fca80@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 15:49:38 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: Nick At 01:47 PM 9/2/98 EDT, DrWormX@aol.com wrote: >And there's always Pinwheel, and that show where Bill Cosby and that magical >pen thing drew pictures. I used to own those books and the pen, so I could >draw along with him. > PICTURE PAGE IS PICTURE PAGE... Something like that. I always wanted my own Mortimer Icabod Marker, boy do I miss that show. LDB -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Ultimate Maxx Webpage - The Maxx IDA (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980902205845.006f543c@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 15:58:45 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: Re: non TMBG: Nick shows At 04:16 PM 9/2/98 EDT, KdsInThHal@aol.com wrote: >>(and 1st season only) of >>Welcome Freshman. They really messed up that show by taking it from skits >>to story. > >merrrrrrrrv!! :D my friends made fun of me 'cause i loved merv so. ;P > Those Merv-u-meterys were always great. >loved today's special, Scarry Rat girl!!! (Come join in the fun...) The security guard and his comp were cool. >danger mouse, Still one of my fav'rit shows, I love it so much I often sample it for my songs. >pete and pete. Heh, I loved that show, now li'l pete (Danny) is on All That, icky. >started when roundhouse came on. that was the anachist fall of the happy Round house rocked, don't be dissing round house! Hell, I still love Nick and Nick Jr. I like watching Blue's Clues, there is the time you'll hear me spout out the most swear words I can. I can't stand the cartoons they still got on. But... I love Face, and Gulla Gulla Island, and Figure it out. (that last one might be for someother reason than liking the show...) Am I the only one who misses "You can't do that on Television?" "LDB, don't encorage your mother..." -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Ultimate Maxx Webpage - The Maxx IDA (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 17:47:41 EDT Subject: TMBG: Hey... Well, for some reason I went away for the summer and when I came back I was no longer on the list... So This is partly to say I'm back (if anyone remembers me), but mainly to make sure I resubscribed to the list the right way... Alrighty... Graham ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980902175306.006a48e4@pop.uky.edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 17:53:06 -0400 From: Bryan King Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG sightings + CEIA (PIC!!) + past Nick shows In case anyone was interested in what that was all about.... I'm on the Maxx mailing list (a really cool comic that has absolutely nothing to do with they) and so is LDB... I actually knew he was on this list but had forgotten. I signed up just for the heck of it... Geesh, isn't this a stupid first post.... the sfc oh... I don't think I'm doing any stalking.... >At 03:45 PM 9/2/98 -0500, you wrote: >At 10:12 AM 9/2/98 -0400, Bryan King wrote: >>Ya, it was "Cut.. It... Out". I loved that show too. I always liked when >>the girl with the high pitched voice did those one minute fairy tales or >>whatever... >> >I'm sorry! WHAT THE HELL?!? Your stalking me SFC! Damn you, damn TMBG, >damn the maxx! > >LDB >-- >http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ >The Ultimate Maxx Webpage - The Maxx IDA >(this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) >My Web Page Index: >http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ >TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font >-- >Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. >M. Struble. >The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) >& TM 1998 S. Steven Struble > > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980902175820.0069bb58@pop.uky.edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 17:58:20 -0400 From: Bryan King Subject: TMBG: covers and credit Hmmm.. I'm totally sure I'd agree with the below argument that istanbul "is a tmbg song". For example, is "All Along the Watchtower" a Jimi Hendrix song? I know a lot of people (even if they know the orginal is by Dylan) say that it is, but I don't agree mainly b/c I place the most importance on the lyrics. Especially when they're really good like in AATW. I guess one could say the tmbg version of Instanbul is a tmbg song though... if that makes any sense. I guess I'm just weird about that kinduv' thing. I'm always pointing out to people who wrote what and nobody ever seems to care... especially if it's written by Bob Dylan.... the sfc >Okay, I'm warning you people now, the following message is MUCH longer than >it should be, dwells on one point for many many sentences and is very >redundant. I have a whole lot of time in between classes so I basically >have nothing better to do... > > >>Well, not to be picky, but to call Istanbul a TMBG song is a little >>misleading. I didn't see the episode, but I imagine they were singing the >>original version. > >Personally, I would imagine that even less people have heard the original >version than the TMBG version. I haven't seen this episode either, but >unless someone who runs Muppets Tonight is a hardcore Four Lads fan (does >such a thing exist?) I seriously doubt they were drawing their inspiration >from the original. There is a distinct difference between the 2 versions, >so it shouldn't be that big of a guessing game. As for calling INC a TMBG >song being misleading, I doubt that many people have asked their friends >"Hey, have you ever heard that Four Lads song...?". To say that Ironman is >a Cardigans song would be misleading. To say that I Think We're Alone Now >is a Tiffany song is misleading. That's because most people have actually >heard the original. I don't know how popular the Four Lads' version was >back in the day, but hardly anyone today who isn't a TMBG fan has heard the >original. Therefore, TMBG made the song a hit, instaed of redoing a >previously famous song. The TMBG song is the version everyone knows. The >fact that it's a cover is an asterisk. Kind of like the homerun record. >Roger Maris had more games than Babe Ruth to hit 61 homeruns, but he still >broke the record. That's like suggesting "to say Roger Maris broke the >record for most homeruns in a season would be misleading". Basically what >I'm saying is that no one would ever have heard of INC if TMBG hadn't >redone it. Therefore, it's not misleading to call INC a TMBG song. >--Jason-- > >"Standing in my yard where they tore down the garage to make room for the >torn down garage" > -- They Might Be Giants > > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980902220209.23450.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 15:02:08 PDT >Am I the only one who misses "You can't do that on Television?" > I don't remember liking that show much. It was like Monty Python x 10 - any and all humor. Hey, wasn't Alanis Morrisett in that when she was a kid? Now THAT'S funny! Danger Mouse and Count Duckula screwed with my head bigtime! I remember one episode of Danger Mouse where Danger and that Moracco Mole (well, it DID seem like a parody, didn't it?) were in this dark air vent, and they droped into that huge thing full of aligators. It freaked me out! It was so dark, and scary looking, like Anime. And Count Duckula, well that was enough to make ANYONE crazy. I mean, come on, I had bigtime nightmares from that goddamn duck! Yes, to me, DM and CD were the dark sides of Nickelodean, and will always haunt me. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW!!! He dented my plate! Ow, my brain is burnin'! Now I'm flashback! Now I'm flashback! Ow! Ooooww!! Leatherface! You bitch! Look what you did to my Sonny Bono wig do. Oh, god...DAMN, I can't believe it! You got to buy me a new plate cover! You got to buy me a new plate cover, Leatherface! Oohhhh! Oh, he's gonna send me back to the V.A. hospital with this dent in my plate... "Well, at least he didn't mess me up." Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980902221354.0070ac64@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 17:13:54 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean At 03:02 PM 9/2/98 PDT, Josh Buckland wrote: >>Am I the only one who misses "You can't do that on Television?" >> >I don't remember liking that show much. It was like >Monty Python x 10 - any and all humor. >Hey, wasn't Alanis Morrisett in that when she was a kid? Now THAT'S >funny! > No, too old. She was one of the "helpers" on Double Dare. (and to make a circle, she went down on Dave Coulier in a theatre, you outta know what that songs about) >Danger Mouse and Count Duckula screwed with my head bigtime! I remember >one episode of Danger Mouse where Danger and that Moracco Mole (well, it >DID seem like a parody, didn't it?) were in this dark air vent, and they >droped into that huge thing full of aligators. It freaked me out! It was >so dark, and scary looking, like Anime. And Count Duckula, well that was >enough to make ANYONE crazy. I mean, come on, I had bigtime nightmares >from that goddamn duck! Yes, to me, DM and CD were the dark sides of >Nickelodean, and will always haunt me. > Ahem, he was a hamster. His name was Ernest Penfold, don't be dissin' my fav'rit cartoon. Count D is pretty high up there too. Never scared me though, maybe because I was already watchin' and makin' fun of horror flicks in those days... LDB -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Ultimate Maxx Webpage - The Maxx IDA (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: <86899d49.35edc3b2@aol.com> Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:16:18 EDT Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean In a message dated 98-09-02 18:11:16 EDT, you write: << >Am I the only one who misses "You can't do that on Television?" > I don't remember liking that show much. It was like Monty Python x 10 - any and all humor. Hey, wasn't Alanis Morrisett in that when she was a kid? Now THAT'S funny! Danger Mouse and Count Duckula screwed with my head bigtime! I remember one episode of Danger Mouse where Danger and that Moracco Mole (well, it DID seem like a parody, didn't it?) were in this dark air vent, and they droped into that huge thing full of aligators. It freaked me out! It was so dark, and scary looking, like Anime. And Count Duckula, well that was enough to make ANYONE crazy. I mean, come on, I had bigtime nightmares from that goddamn duck! Yes, to me, DM and CD were the dark sides of Nickelodean, and will always haunt me. >> Oh my GOD!!!!! I so remember those shows... Remember when they would all get in those lockers and tell those corny jokes!!! Remember when anyone would say "I don't know" they would get slimed!!! Remember the slime shampoo they sold!!! Ahh, and Danger Mouse... the coolest rodent ever to inhabit a British mailbox... And Count Duckula, that show just plain freaked me out... Ahhh, the good old days... Graham "Crieky DM!" Amsden ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809022240.SAA06039@pop.snet.net> From: "dext182" Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:37:30 +0000 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean > At 03:02 PM 9/2/98 PDT, Josh Buckland wrote: > >>Am I the only one who misses "You can't do that on Television?" > >> > >I don't remember liking that show much. It was like > >Monty Python x 10 - any and all humor. > >Hey, wasn't Alanis Morrisett in that when she was a kid? Now THAT'S > >funny! > > > No, too old. She was one of the "helpers" on Double Dare. (and to make a > circle, she went down on Dave Coulier in a theatre, you outta know what that > songs about) > umm.... fraid so... she WAS in fact on you can't do that... she was- SURPRISE! alanis! i've seen it... funny as anything... jen ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980902224544.0070b578@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 17:45:44 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean At 06:37 PM 9/2/98 +0000, dext182 wrote: >umm.... fraid so... she WAS in fact on you can't do that... she was- >SURPRISE! alanis! i've seen it... funny as anything... > Hmmm, wierd, wich one was Alanis? She was also a helper on Double Dare, that I am sure of. LDB -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Ultimate Maxx Webpage - The Maxx IDA (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980902184603.006a994c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 18:46:03 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean At 05:13 PM 9/2/98 -0500, The Li'l Depressed Boy wrote: > >No, too old. She was one of the "helpers" on Double Dare. (and to make a She really was on You Can't Do That On Television...I was bored not too long ago and saw a "before they were stars" thing on VH1, and they actually showed a clip of it... -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35EDCA71.9BAB5946@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 17:45:05 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean > Hey, wasn't Alanis Morrisett in that when she was a kid? Now THAT'S > funny! Yeah, Alanis and Alistair and Moose and Lisa Ruddy and they dropped slime and water on people... > Danger Mouse and Count Duckula screwed with my head bigtime! I remember > one episode of Danger Mouse where Danger and that Moracco Mole (well, it > DID seem like a parody, didn't it?) were in this dark air vent, and they > droped into that huge thing full of aligators. It freaked me out! It was > so dark, and scary looking, like Anime. The Morocco Mole guy was Penfold. "Crikes, DM!" "Gee, Sir, why are you disguised as a Wooshing Machine?" Ah, that was the day. Now all I watch on Nick is Clarissa and I've seen most of those by now... - Chad ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809022256.SAA28800@pop.snet.net> From: "dext182" Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:53:43 +0000 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Nightmare Nickelodean > >umm.... fraid so... she WAS in fact on you can't do that... she was- > >SURPRISE! alanis! i've seen it... funny as anything... > > > Hmmm, wierd, wich one was Alanis? She was also a helper on Double Dare, > that I am sure of. > she was alanis. thats what they called her. i'm pretty sure she had really short hair... jen ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:05:02 EDT Subject: TMBG: non-tmbg: Another lost Nick show! Does anyone remember that Nick show with the manniquins that came to life when the store closed?? That show used to scare the crap out of me when I was like 4! Matt --blame it on pez addiction DrWormX@tmbg.org I'm not as messed up as I'd like to be-- Hearing Aid ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980902231213.00705510@cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 18:12:13 -0500 From: "The Li'l Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: Another lost Nick show! At 07:05 PM 9/2/98 EDT, DrWormX@aol.com wrote: >Does anyone remember that Nick show with the manniquins that came to life when >the store closed?? That show used to scare the crap out of me when I was like >4! > Todays Special, and it was only one mannequin... LDB -- http://members.xoom.com/MaxxIda/ The Ultimate Maxx Webpage - The Maxx IDA (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font -- Contemporary Cartoon Militia is (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble and Kris W. M. Struble. The Li'l Depressed Boy, Phreeck, Spyder Hunt, and all related characters (C) & TM 1998 S. Steven Struble ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980902232422.22059.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: Another lost Nick show! Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 16:24:21 PDT >Does anyone remember that Nick show with the manniquins that came to life when >the store closed?? That show used to scare the crap out of me when I was like >4! > Yeah, wasn't that the one with that old puppet janitor guy named Sam, that woman in a pink and blue jumpsuit, and the manniquin guy was only alive when he wore his speacial hat that you see old people wear these days. Yeah, that womans voice asked me math questions, ans mom would always say "Well Josh, why aren't you answering her. Even at 5 years, I still new that a disembodies voice comming from the TV wasn't neccesserily speaking directly to me. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW!!! He dented my plate! Ow, my brain is burnin'! Now I'm flashback! Now I'm flashback! Ow! Ooooww!! Leatherface! You bitch! Look what you did to my Sonny Bono wig do. Oh, god...DAMN, I can't believe it! You got to buy me a new plate cover! You got to buy me a new plate cover, Leatherface! Oohhhh! Oh, he's gonna send me back to the V.A. hospital with this dent in my plate... "Well, at least he didn't mess me up." Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <18ed6d72.35edf0b4@aol.com> Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:28:20 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: non-tmbg: Another lost Nick show! In a message dated 9/2/98 6:09:49 PM, you wrote: >Does anyone remember that Nick show with the manniquins that came to life when >the store closed?? That show used to scare the crap out of me when I was like >4! today's special. i actually saw it on tvo a couple months ago on vacation... and it just ...didn't hold my attention like it did 10 years ago. ;) sarah ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:48:33 -0400 (EDT) Message-Id: <199809030148.VAA03206@mail4.uts.ohio-state.edu> From: Guido Subject: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Greetings. I couldn't help noticing what an interesting crowd is on this list. What ages is everyone here, just out of curiosity? I see lots of young subscribers, and I thot I'd see a few college kids, but I's just wondering. How old is everyone here? ~~ Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos ** strader.12@osu.edu http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~strader "The world is ours to drool over." --A.E.Mazza, in provocation of her choice of major. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <31c58689.35edf95b@aol.com> Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:05:15 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil >How old is everyone here? as of today, i am 17. ~sarah ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Message-ID: <19980902.221040.10191.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 22:11:58 EDT >How old is everyone here? 16 Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35EDC9C9.2815@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 22:42:17 +0000 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil 18. And it's been 4 days since I last saw the Johns. K.C. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980903022036.305.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 19:20:35 PDT DAMN YOU PEOPLE ARE YOUNG!!! I FEEL LIKE A GODDAMNED BABYSITTER!!! Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ "OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW-OW!!! He dented my plate! Ow, my brain is burnin'! Now I'm flashback! Now I'm flashback! Ow! Ooooww!! Leatherface! You bitch! Look what you did to my Sonny Bono wig do. Oh, god...DAMN, I can't believe it! You got to buy me a new plate cover! You got to buy me a new plate cover, Leatherface! Oohhhh! Oh, he's gonna send me back to the V.A. hospital with this dent in my plate... "Well, at least he didn't mess me up." Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:18:54 -0400 Message-ID: <000301bdd6e1$3302a940$6464a8c0@lee1> > -----Original Message----- > From: owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org [mailto:owner-tmbg-list@tmbg.org]On > Behalf Of KdsInThHal@aol.com > Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 1998 10:05 PM > To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org > Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil > > > > >How old is everyone here? > > 40! and have been a fan since day 1 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980902223417.006a44c0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 22:34:17 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: RE: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil At 10:18 PM 9/2/98 -0400, Lee Steel wrote: > >40! and have been a fan since day 1 Wow, so you were at the El Grupo De Rock And Roll show? Just curious. :-) Anyway, I'm 20, if anyone cares. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980903023333.25123.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 19:33:33 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil ---Guido wrote: > How old is everyone here? I'm a whopping 22. I feel kind of old now. Getting old with Ana and John, Inspector Over the Mine _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809030240.WAA27480@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 21:41:25 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: age survey At 09:48 PM 9/2/98 -0400, you wrote: >How old is everyone here? Approximately 21.6383561643836. Harf, Mitch "Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams." Support the Harf Project: All your questions answered, all your problems solved: ------------------------------ From: "Lee Steel" Subject: RE: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:45:12 -0400 Message-ID: <000401bdd6e4$df4ee8a0$6464a8c0@lee1> No, unfortunately I was in Florida, a place THEY rarely came to. ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:28:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil 15 ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:32:00 -0500 From: Hey Zeus Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil 21 ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:22:44 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Message-ID: <19980902.233247.3934.1.sped27@juno.com> From: sped27@juno.com (Drew Lawless) On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:48:33 -0400 (EDT) Guido writes: >Greetings. I couldn't help noticing what an interesting crowd is on >this >list. What ages is everyone here, just out of curiosity? I see lots of >young >subscribers, and I thot I'd see a few college kids, but I's just >wondering. >How old is everyone here? > >~~ >Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos ** strader.12@osu.edu >http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~strader >"The world is ours to drool over." >--A.E.Mazza, in provocation of her choice of major. > > I am eighteen, going on eleven. Drew "It's nice to gbe liked, but it's better by far to get paid. _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19980902224445.007e5690@gac.edu> Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 22:44:45 -0500 From: Tom Walker Subject: TMBG: MPLS 9/29/98 So is anyone out there besides me angry as hell about the 21+ show at First Ave in Minneapolis? I mean come on, tmbg seems to have a bit of a younger crowd, and anyway, i'm gonna be 21 in one month after the show...so good LORD. Does anyone besides me want to go to this show and can't? Does anyone else feel my pain in general despite the fact that this may not affect you? So yeah, i'm wondering if someone knows who i could try and start an email campaign to...to try and get this changed, so yeah, who's with me? later -tom ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:48:47 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Message-ID: <19980902.214850.11014.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >How old is everyone here? i am 1000 years old... oh, btw, happy birthday to sarah... i'd send you a graham cracker but... :P take it easy, JOrdaN, who was just about to post the same ? http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:54:57 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: MPLS 9/29/98 Message-ID: <19980902.215502.11014.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> uhm... i had this odd premonition that this thread would start up just as the "how old are you" thread was going. >I mean come on, tmbg seems to have a bit of a >younger >crowd yeah but contrary to popular belief the venues are there to make money, not necessarily make all the teeny-boppers happy. > Does anyone besides me want to go to this show and can't? are you a detard? get a fake ID! it's not that hard and well, if you get one that's at all decent you'll have no problem at all getting in... > So yeah, i'm wondering if someone knows who i could try >and >start an email campaign to...to try and get this changed, so yeah, >who's >with me? as much as i'd love to let you think that'll make any difference i doubt you'd have any influence whatsoever. just my $.03 i'm not familiar with the venue but if it is always a 21+ joint there's no way in hell you'll have any chance of getting it changed... if they do have some all ages shows there well then... i wish you the best of luck :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <78569ce6.35ee1c52@aol.com> Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:34:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil In a message dated 98-09-02 23:13:32 EDT, dilbert_2000@hotmail.com writes: << DAMN YOU PEOPLE ARE YOUNG!!! I FEEL LIKE A GODDAMNED BABYSITTER!!! >> O.k., I was gonna answer this quary....not anymore. Just because I'm Alumni, does not mean I'm old. Although, I am older now than I've ever been before... -Kreadoubt "And now I'm even older" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980903010302.006b168c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 01:03:02 -0400 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Weird Al & TMBG (directly from Al) From http://www.weirdal.com/aa.htm#answers - James from Placerville, CA asks: Have you ever met They Might Be Giants TMBG is one of my favorite groups, and I've met the Johns on one or two occasions. I even asked them several years ago if they'd be interested in co-headlining a concert tour with me, but they weren't into it at the time. (They were also too busy to do The Weird Al Show last year. What, is it my breath?) -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <62460c2d.35ee2811@aol.com> Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 01:24:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil i am 16, for those who care. taking advantage of this "everyone respond" sort of opportunity, i shall introduce myself. im david, and im new to this list. im a new fan in fact, just beginning to learn of the johns. i have only >gasp< 3 albums, have seen them live >gasp< never. i have no key quotes or phrases to add on to the end of this e-mail, and i have no reason for have senting it other than the one stated above. ciao! dave aka batbrain * ------------------------------------------------------ "You idiot! You made me, remember? You dropped me into that vat of chemicals! That wasn't easy to get over, and don't think that I didn't try" "I know you did, but you made me first" "What are you talking about?" "You killed my parents" "Come on batbrain, just because I say you made me, you gotta say I made you, how childish is that? ....... You wouldn't hit a guy with glasses would you?" It's long, but fear not it's temporary, just to explain my name and recite one of my favorite scenes from Batman. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #10-3 *****************************