Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #10-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 10, Number 8 Tuesday, 8 September 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Ann Arbor Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 Re: TMBG: dr worm video TMBG: Bumbershoot Tape Re: TMBG: Pick up Lines, (was i'm sorry!!!!!) TMBG: The DL On Bumbershoot TMBG: Bumbershoot 9/6 TMBG: TMBG, damn-near obscurity of TMBG: The Big , Big Dr. Worm Campaign! Re: TMBG: STD in the UK Re: TMBG: Pick up Lines, (was i'm sorry!!!!!) Re: TMBG: STD in the UK TMBG: Monopuff: Extra Krispy French bits Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumbershoot Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumbershoot TMBG: OMLT Update Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 Re: TMBG: The Big , Big Dr. Worm Campaign! Re: TMBG: Bumbershoot 9/6 Re: TMBG: Pointfest Re: TMBG: (whooops) Pictures Re: TMBG: The Big , Big Dr. Worm Campaign! TMBG: hello? TMBG:Linnell-look-a-likes TMBG: Mammal mp3 from 9/6 Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumbershoot Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumbershoot TMBG: request TMBG TMBG: re: Bumbershoot 9/6 TMBG: re: Bumbershoot 9/6 Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil TMBG: disaster!!! TMBG: RE:TMBG disaster Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 TMBG: Bumbershoot Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 TMBG: TDK's TMBG sound page updated! TMBG: My address! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 02:39:04 -0400 (EDT) From: "Jennifer L. Geese" Subject: TMBG: Ann Arbor Message-Id: Hi - Anyone else out there going to the Ann Arbor show in October? E-mail me if you are & you'd like to try to meet. Have a happy Labor Day. Jen :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:41:43 -0500 (CDT) From: Facist Regime Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 Message-id: At 9:35 PM -0400 9/6/98, Adam Tyner wrote: >At 06:27 PM 9/6/98 PDT, Mystery Cow wrote: >>...i wish I could hear Dr. Worm twice in a show. Unless I'm mistaken >>(please someone tell me I'm mistaken), They're not even coming DOWN near >>SC, NC, or Georgia... > >They were in Myrtle Beach in March. BTW, they only played Dr. Worm once >then. ;-) They played at Minneapolis at Hopsfest and played Dr. Worm TWICE. The first song and the last song. ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:43:03 -0500 (CDT) From: Facist Regime Subject: Re: TMBG: dr worm video Message-id: You know Vivo player sucks it does not do justice to the Dr. Worm video. Doesn't anyone have in a real video format like Quicktime. Vivo just really really sucks bad. Jason Arnold ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809070650.CAA11545@ussenterprise.ufp.org> From: "Kris Maxwell" Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 01:52:16 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Bumbershoot Tape Howdy Pardners, I too marveled in the wonder that was the First RealAudio Concert That Surprisingly Didn't Suck At All. That's right folks- the BUmbershoots gig was TOTALLY AWESOME. You've already seen the setlists posted, they pretty much speak for themselves. Anyway, i got a flawless audio copy of the show... my connection was acutally behaving and did not even hiccup once! So, anyone interested in trading for this kickass show should e- mail me at heymrdj@tmbg.org . I am giving preference to 1:1 traders, since i dont have to go out and buy tapes in order to do those. However, im also up for some old fashioned tradin' too. Oh, and if anyone cares, i also got the Hravey Danger show too.. but it was completely lame in comparison to my NEW FAVORITE tmbg show! Thanks, Kris "The D" ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 03:13:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Pick up Lines, (was i'm sorry!!!!!) In a message dated 98-09-06 14:03:59 EDT, you write: << Has anyone ever used/ or can anyone think of good TMBG pickup lines. >> I used the bonnet bit from Birdhouse to woo my last girlfriend, it worked too... Graham ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: <4b0f293f.35f38923@aol.com> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 03:20:03 EDT Subject: TMBG: The DL On Bumbershoot Well, out of the three TMBG shows I have been to, this one is the best. It seemed like they were having a really good time, though Flansy looked annoyed that every other song his guitar would crap out. I was so happy because they didn't just play TMBG greatest hits like you would expect, they played some old stuff and some shit you wouldn't expect to hear in concert. Plus, they had the cannon (which I might add looked incredibly like a phallus from the angle I had on the stage) and the stick, so you couldn't go wrong. Even the security guards were going nutty and dancing around, (though one kept getting looks on his face that looked like a cross between a grimace and a Damn, I wish this was an Issac Hayes concert) though they wouldn't comply to Flansy's repeated requests for them to conga during NOKMP "Okay, I want to see some conga lines, every body conga now, I'm not fucking kidding" as he put it so gracefully in the way that only he can. The only thing about this concert that was bad was that I saw it with my ex girlfriend, which I suppose technically has nothing to do with the actual music part of the concert, but still... But lord, the energy in that place was trememdous... For the other listies that were there, what part of the Arena were you in? I was up on the wall, a little bit to the right of Linnell in front of that big annoying hanging JNCO sign... Graham ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <4121ec06.35f38c15@aol.com> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 03:32:37 EDT Subject: TMBG: Bumbershoot 9/6 Just got back from Bumbershoot! What a show! I thoroughly enjoyed it! The band was in good spirits. The only thing that seemed to be missing were the Exquisite Dead Puppets.... But, the Stick, accordian, glockenspiel, Baritone Sax, and Bass Drum all made their appearences, as well as Tim Newman and Jim O'conor. Of course Dan Hickey on drums, Dan Wienkoff on Bass and Dan Miller on guitar. STD theme Broom NYC Istanbul--Trumpet and Trombone Intro They Got Lost--Goofy Keyboard solo's Twistin'--Flans screaming into the microphone, just makes this song that much better Famous Polka "...the last time we played this song, part of the stage collapsed. It was kinda a disaster, since then we've laid off Polkas. This is the only one we do, which is why we call it the Famous Polka" Mammal--"That's EARL FLANSBURGH! He's at EVERY single show! SECURITY! GET THAT GUY OUTTA HERE!" JL This song was a diffinite surprise, with Linnell on Accordian backed by Dan Hickey. Lights on Linnell, very well done! Subliminal Another pleasant surprise! Older SEXXY "This song is dedicated to our ONE true love...This song is a long distance dedication...This song is dedicated to our ONE true love...The Ladies..." JF Birdhouse--What can I say, it's Birdhouse In Your Soul...need there be more said? I think NOT! JKP--"People ask us why we bring a cannon to all our shows, I don't know if your familiar with the 2nd Amendment, I don't even know what it says..." JF Battle For The Planet Of The Apes--The crowd got the general jist, and enthusiasitcally participated! People win, again. During this whole time there was this large yellow, beachball sized ballon (2 ft in diameter) being tossed around the audience. It kept getting close to the stage and distracting John Linnell: JL "Would you people just pass that ball up here, I just wanna, I just want to seeeeee it for a minute. Can I just LOOK at it? I just want to see it. I...just...want...to....have..a looooook at it." The ball got passed up to John Linnell, who caught the ball, turned around and stashed the HUGE ballon behind the drumset. (party pooper) JF "There seems to be some kind of gunsight on the ballon, UH OH!" Spy--It's Spy.... Lie Still Little Bottle--Complete with the non-poisonous Stick! Window--another surprise! "Here's a song that we rarely play. Perhaps we'll find out why" JL Shoehorn With Teeth--Complete with Glockenspiel! It was a little hairy, but somehow Dan Hickey put the stress behind him and performed above and beyond the call of duty. :) "Mr Dan Hickey, Olympic Champion!" JF Your Racist Friend--surprise! again! Whistling In The Dark--Complete with Old Bass Drum! I thought Flansburgh was gonna send the thing into the audience. It was strapped to speaker case, and at one point we was hitting it with full force. YIKES! WDTSS?--Fast version, no strange improvs, but still alot of fun! John Flansburgh talked about how it started out as an educational song, "...but since then we've gotten into this Grunge thing." Some of the crowd didn't like the way he said "grunge thing", and started booing him. (lots of grunge in Seattle, they took it as a bad comment, I'm guessing) "Hey man, it's cool, o.k., it's cool, it's cool. We come in peace. We live in Brooklyn, we know what open hostility is like." Spider-- :) The Guitar-- "People sitting down, this song is pretty much about standing up and dancing. That's all it's good for." No One Knows My Plan--Extended Intro "Everybody conga, I'm not fucking kidding, Security guys conga, people up there come down and conga with us, people up there come down and conga with us, people in the bleechers stand up and conga with us, I want the bleechers to come on down and conga, why won't the bleechers be friends with us down here?, why won't the bleechers be friends with the crowd down here?, Why are you afraid to make new friends, put your hands on the hips of a stranger, conga line goes faster, 14 broken ankles, 1 lost eye, make new friends, ditch your old ones, loose your parents, loose your wallet, loose your ride home, loose your ride home, conga line goes faster, and faster, conga line goes faster, and faster....." Encore: Dr. Worm-- Yep, only once! "This song features the entire band....I think..well...not quite" JL Ya know, I have yet to see the Stick and The Puppet Heads at the same show, getting a little bit suspicious.... :) It was a great show, the band was in good spirits, a good time was had by all. -must sleep now! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35F3A227.BF89BFA9@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:06:52 -0800 From: BONGO Subject: TMBG: TMBG, damn-near obscurity of > Mystery Cow wrote: > > > Also just got back from a year in Japan, so yoroshiku onegai shimasu! > > Did you know that there is a whole COUNTRY over there that has NEVER > > even HEARD of TMBG?! > I live in a country like that! Its calledThe United States of America. But I'm working to make it better with my next post. (And a six of Miller High Life) -B O N G O _________________________________ "I dance like my feet are my tongue when I eat" -Geggy Tah [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35F3ABBE.AC4D74F5@pacificnet.net> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 01:47:48 -0800 From: BONGO Subject: TMBG: The Big , Big Dr. Worm Campaign! Those of you that want to to keep TMBG all for your self and would like them less if they became more popular, please ignore the following. Everyone else lean in close to their monitor ... this is important. John and John, Restless Records and/or those responsible for promoting the band had a plan to get TMBG more radio play and increase album sales. I don't need to tell you this would not only be good for the band but for us. (....more albums, singles, shows, tv appearances, etc.) Unfortunately, however, many people who they had counted on to do the majority of the publicity work got lazy. They thought they were the right people for the job but they apparently thought wrong. In case you haven't guessed by now, these people are YOU and ME. My suspicion is that when THEY and their promoter heard about about the stunts the fans pulled off with the "Most Beautiful People" and "Time Person of the Century" they thought. "This is some nice, although small publicity. Hey! Wait a second, if these rabid fans have the energy to stuff those ballot boxes, lets use them in a more beneficial way!" And so they put a plea in both the latest official newsletter and at tmbg.com for fans to call their local radio stations DAILY requesting the new TMBG single, Dr. Worm. For awhile, the scheme had a chance to work. It was getting some discussion on the newsgroup and the mailing list. Then STD was released and everyone lost interest. Maybe the reason was that we were only requesting it because we hadn't heard it yet and now that the album is out, we selfishly abandoned the project. Well its not too late. In fact the time is perfect. Lets make a difference! I'm going to start calling the two alternative radio stations in my area twice a day each requesting Dr. Worm. Anyone else want to join me? Particularly if you would like to be my partner in calling L.A.'s KROQ and Y-107 (or if you already are) let me know! Oh, and by the way, it doesn't matter if your radio station won't play your request or if they've never even heard of Dr Worm. The point for now, is to get make them aware that its in demand. More on this later. Gotta go make some phone calls now! -B O N G O _____________________________________________ "I dance like my feet are my tongue when I eat" -Geggy Tah ------------------------------ From: Stewart Russell 3295 Analyst_Programmer Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 09:45:20 +0100 (BST) Subject: Re: TMBG: STD in the UK Message-ID: <13811.39957.610974.256229@helmsdale> >>>>> "sepia" == the famous Uncle Squid writes: sepia> -- i think we should campaign to get the Johns here in the sepia> UK again... A good sized crowd wouldn't be difficult. Wasn't the last time they were here the Flood tour? The UK music press doesn't like them, for some reason, so getting promo writeups would be difficult. Is this list squid-infested too? My main hangout (the Robyn Hitchcock list, fegmaniax) is highly tentacled. -- Stewart C. Russell Analyst Programmer, Dictionary Division stewart@ref.collins.co.uk HarperCollins Publishers use Disclaimer; my $opinion; Glasgow, Scotland ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980907110326.007d3850@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 11:03:26 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: Re: TMBG: Pick up Lines, (was i'm sorry!!!!!) At 03:13 07/09/98 EDT, you wrote: >In a message dated 98-09-06 14:03:59 EDT, you write: > ><< Has anyone ever used/ or can anyone think of good TMBG pickup lines. >> > >I used the bonnet bit from Birdhouse to woo my last girlfriend, it worked >too... > >Graham > Been there, done that, sold the movie rights, blah blah blah... The *best* They related pick-up got me three phone numbers (one of which I used and got into a three month relationship and was made a man etc...). It was in a pub and the old chestnut of singing Istanbul (They's version not the Old Lads one for argument's sake). The singing was super quiet and as the evening dragged on and on and on, as I got more and more drunk, I stood up on a table in the middle of the pub and sang my little heart out. I thought I'd get killed not given phone numbers... kickass! --Uncle "got his girlfriend hooked on Monopuff" Squid Colin Ellesley: The eastern counties authority on Carter USM/TMBG/Bennet/The Levellers Home Page: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html New Photo Site: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/cols/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> -- Quotes about Colin #1 -- "He loves carter usm so much, he probably screams out lyrics when he cums" -- Mira <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980907112150.007cc7f0@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 11:21:50 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: Re: TMBG: STD in the UK *Manic rant ahead* -- you have been warned! At 09:45 07/09/98 +0100, you wrote: >>>>>> "sepia" == the famous Uncle Squid writes: > > sepia> -- i think we should campaign to get the Johns here in the > sepia> UK again... A good sized crowd wouldn't be difficult. > >Wasn't the last time they were here the Flood tour? The UK music press >doesn't like them, for some reason, so getting promo writeups would be >difficult. The music press don't like ANYONE unless they sound like Pig-shit being stired in a metal vat! NME/MM and related magazine subsiduries are really fucking arogant and tone-deaf. Not only are they "Stupid Paranoid Dumb Old Fucks", they are also turn-coats... When Mansun came onto the music scene, NME was quite happy to drop to it's knees are start sucking cock, now the 2nd LP is coming up, NME slag them off. ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH! There are other ways to get big. The Beta-band did it! They arn't massive, not even middle-sized but something fucking special! THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS CAN BE BIG IN THE UK! Word-of-mouth/lending frineds LPs (even if they don't want to borrow them)/Slipping quotes into polite coversation etc... >Is this list squid-infested too? My main hangout (the Robyn Hitchcock >list, fegmaniax) is highly tentacled. You'd be suprised -- Uncle "run out of things to say, but I'll be happy anyway" Squid Colin Ellesley: The eastern counties authority on Carter USM/TMBG/Bennet/The Levellers Home Page: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html New Photo Site: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/cols/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> -- Quotes about Colin #1 -- "He loves carter usm so much, he probably screams out lyrics when he cums" -- Mira <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.2.32.19980907112720.007f1d40@mail-in.keme.net> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 11:27:20 +0100 From: the famous Uncle Squid Subject: TMBG: Monopuff: Extra Krispy French bits k, So here's the scene... Laying about at Auntie Squid's place (who has fallen for Monopuff through me), Extra Krispy comes on, I start singing along like a jolly Squid because it's one of my fave songs on IFTS. As the French bit kicks in Auntie starts plucking out randon words. She's studying French and only managed to pull out the words "let's go". Does anyone know what the full translation for the French bit is? -- Uncle "get's hot and sweaty when he hears gals speak French" Squid Colin Ellesley: The eastern counties authority on Carter USM/TMBG/Bennet/The Levellers Home Page: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/trendsetting.html New Photo Site: www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/cols/ <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> -- Quotes about Colin #1 -- "He loves carter usm so much, he probably screams out lyrics when he cums" -- Mira <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35F40565.2F165D23@geocities.com> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 09:10:15 -0700 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumbershoot mr.train@juno.com wrote: > they also have a new guitarist Dan Miller? anyone seen him? their new > bassist, although I think this has already been mentioned is Dan > Weinkof(sp?) (is he from the band Lincoln?) Are the Johns trying to create an all-Dan back-up band, to go with Their all-John leaders? Why can't TMBG keep the same band members for very long? Financial reasons, or what? Is Hal still playing with Mono Puff? Does it really matter? Is that enough questions for one message? -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff DinnerBell@tmbg.org or vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 09:37:22 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumbershoot Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 7-Sep-98 Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumber.. by Nathan Mulac DeHoff@geoc > Are the Johns trying to create an all-Dan back-up band, to go with Their > all-John leaders? Why can't TMBG keep the same band members for very long? > Financial reasons, or what? Is Hal still playing with Mono Puff? Does it > really matter? Is that enough questions for one message? I'm not sure what the deal with all the Dans is... but last night, apparently, Tim Newman, and not Dan Levine, played Trombone. So the horn section was Tim and Jim, while the rest of the band was Dans and Johns. I vote for the all Lincoln backup band... (Dan Miller and Danny Weinkauf are both from Lincoln) I'd love to hear a Lincoln cover... New Song would be cool... Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35F40256.2222@asan.com> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 11:57:10 -0400 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: OMLT Update Hello exquisite living people, I got 1/2 of the OMLT info from Christy this weekend. She still hasn't sent me the money, so as you might imagine, I'm not all that busy working on anything yet. But at least there's a pulse. I'll take this more seriously when the money shows up, of course. Love, Rob Plass --- ----- http://www.asan.com/users/plassrob/website/wslawsd.htm ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809071702.NAA23938@pop.snet.net> From: "dext182" Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 12:59:19 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 i was thinking about them playing dr worm twice, and i think i've figured out why... you see, flansy said that if people were going to listen to just one song all day everyday for the rest of their lives, it should be dr worm. so them playing it multiple times at just one concert is part of the ultimate plan to send out subliminal messages to get everyone to listen to only dr worm all day everyday. this is just the begining. ~jen~ > >At 06:27 PM 9/6/98 PDT, Mystery Cow wrote: > >>...i wish I could hear Dr. Worm twice in a show. Unless I'm mistaken > >>(please someone tell me I'm mistaken), They're not even coming DOWN near > >>SC, NC, or Georgia... > > > >They were in Myrtle Beach in March. BTW, they only played Dr. Worm once > >then. ;-) > > They played at Minneapolis at Hopsfest and played Dr. Worm TWICE. The > first song and the last song. > > > ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 11:41:07 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Big , Big Dr. Worm Campaign! Message-ID: <19980907.114115.14350.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> okay, i think this would work if we could get it started with a few radio stations (possibly start at one coast and work our way across, or start at both coasts and work our way in). And when i say a few radio stations they've gotta have accessible e-mail adresses and more importantly a 1-800 number. > Particularly if you would like >to be my partner in >calling L.A.'s KROQ and Y-107 (or if you already are) let me know! okay, so if we're starting in socal why don't you add 91X on there... get us some e-mail addy's and phone numbers. when you send them to us, post 'em to the NG and the musings board at tmbg.org and we'll see how well this works. wasn't someone making a page of all the e-mail addy's we could use to request it? not to mention 1-800 numbers for all the stations. honestly, i think the phone is a little more influential than e-mail (at least on the DJ's here). I'm not sure whether or not the page ever got made but i spose i could do that if no one else wants to... other ideas #1 to follow their tour. so for the next couple of weeks request it in Cali, then utah, colorado, texas, then MO... #2 when you do call them, merely request They Might Be Giants. not necessarily Dr. Worm. If they start out playing Particle Man, BiYS, and I(NC) people will remember who TMBG are in the first place and then as more requests come in the stations will be more willing to play Dr.W #3 call during odd hours of the day at first. they're more willing to play it at off-hours (late at night). then as they get more requests they'll feel a little more comfortable playing it during peak hours. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 11:29:34 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Bumbershoot 9/6 Message-ID: <19980907.114115.14350.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Famous Polka "...the last time we played this song, part of the stage >collapsed. It was kinda a disaster, since then we've laid off Polkas. > This >is the only one we do, which is why we call it the Famous Polka" okay, that whole stage collapsing fiasco was 10/5/92 at the modjeska theater in milwaukee, WI. they've played it sooo many times since then, i'm slightly amused that they said that. (hell, they played it like a week later at 10/18/92 in NYC). >Window--another surprise! "Here's a song that we rarely play. >Perhaps we'll >find out why" JL wow, i'm not sure i've ever heard them play this live. aside from those, "JH shows" where they played every song off the album. i spose i could look through my boots but... >Your Racist Friend--surprise! again! wow (again), i'm not sure i've heard this on any of my boots since the flood era either... >Whistling In The Dark-- this show should've made the floodies happy :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <95811470.35f421fe@aol.com> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:12:14 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Pointfest $25 per ticket!!!!! Mine were $17.50. I guess us Utahn's are just lucky, or make our daily goat sacrifice to the two quasars of rock and roll. Jeff "Forgive me, I am still half asleep" Craig ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:11:36 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: (whooops) Pictures Message-ID: <19980907.141155.11550.1.gray42@juno.com> On Mon, 7 Sep 1998 03:00:32 -0400 "Kirsten Brodbeck" writes: > > >>I'll make this easier for everyone, there are two ways of viewing >these >>great drawings of John and John. a) you can go to >>www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cofeehouse/4871/art.htm > > Mysterio, I tried to go here and it didn't work - did the url get >mis-typed? > yeah, , I forgot the second "f" in "Coffeehouse", you know hoew it is when you type quickly and don't pay attention, try it again :) Mysterio Gal (fellow Overman) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >Kirsten > > _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 12:31:07 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: The Big , Big Dr. Worm Campaign! Message-ID: <19980907.123206.15454.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> hEy HEY! okay so i made a page for this whole dr. worm on the radio stuff... http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/drworm.html if you know of some radio stations in your area that will play Them e-mail me with the following: -radio stations call letters/numbers (ex. 93.3 KTCL) -radio stations location (ex. denver) -radio stations URL (if it has one) -the stations phone number (with area code, etc.) -the stations request e-mail addy -anything else pertinent :) as i get more radio stations, i'm gonna try to have a few "radio stations of the week" where we'll just focus on requesting at those stations... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980907145808.007bf470@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 14:58:08 -0400 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: TMBG: hello? Jesus Christ! Why didn't anyone ever say anything about the liveconcerts.com thing? Is it in the archives or anything? Please say yes. By the way, this is my first post. Ben "God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion!"-Superintendent Chalmers from the Simpsons ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:56:05 -0400 Subject: TMBG:Linnell-look-a-likes Message-ID: <19980907.145958.11550.2.gray42@juno.com> The other day I went to the grocery store, and I saw a check out guy who amazingly looked like John Linnell, only somewhere between the age of 17-20. He was slightly tall, and had that characteristic floppy John hair, along with the same eyes and nose, slightly different mouth tho. and he was staring at me too, probably because I have a shaved head and was wearing my half orange half black, two-face style outfit :) Anyway, it was a eat experience Mysterio Gal (fellow silly billy) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:19:12 -0400 (EDT) From: Josh Axelrad Subject: TMBG: Mammal mp3 from 9/6 Message-ID: Woo! Well I put up an mp3 of Mammal from the broadcast last night...it is so amazing!#! It is on the special offer page of the IRC page linked from the main page :) hehehe I think you can all find it... -- Jish TMBG.net and the EFnet #TMBG Home Page http://www.tmbg.net/ ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <5e170684.35f44189@aol.com> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:26:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumbershoot In a message dated 9/6/98 11:42:10 PM, mr.train@juno.com writes: >they also have a new guitarist Dan Miller? anyone seen him? their new >bassist, although I think this has already been mentioned is Dan >Weinkof(sp?) (is he from the band Lincoln?) both dans are from lincoln. although they are not to be confused with dan hickey. making this 3 dans. dan & dan from lincoln i saw playing with flans, 5* and sister puff to make up mono puff; and then dan w playing bass for tmbg. ~sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:46:40 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG:liveconcert Bumbershoot In a message dated 9/7/98 9:22:10 AM, vovat@geocities.com writes: >Is Hal still playing with Mono Puff? he's currently playin' bass on iggy pop's new album so i hear, so i guess he'll return when the recording is finished. ~sarah ------------------------------ From: SLFFV@cc.usu.edu Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 15:13:55 -0700 (MST) Subject: TMBG: request TMBG Message-id: <01J1J23HOLD48Y5TIR@cc.usu.edu> Hiya all Some radio stations have "all-request Hours" and"instant request" shows, at leleast I know they do here in Utah. 107.5 The End has an all 80's lunchtime request hour (M-F 12-1)-you couldn't request Dr Worm, but other TMBG stuff can be requested. They also have an all request hour every night from 8-9 pm and it can be anything by any artist they play, which of couse, includes TMBG. On Saturday nights, they have "The 80's Remixed' from 8-10 pm (which are all remixed versions of our favorite 80's songs) and then followed by an Instant Request show called Saturday Night Cold Case. They have people call in and request a song (has to be 80's though) and they play it. They can be kind of rude sometimes, and if they don't like you, they may hang up on you, but they do have you live on the air(none of this prerecorded crap), and this is an advantage for us. MAny times if you just call them up any ol' time they will play your song. Mike Lindsay is really big on the 80's stuff and is really nice, so he is more likely to play your request. He's on from 7-12 I believe (pm). x96 is another station that plays TMBG. They used to have an 80's lunchtime request hour too, but the only place I can pick it up really good is in my car, and my husband is driving it most of the time, so I don't know if they have that anymore. I think they still have an all-request hour M-F from 9-10 pm and a similar instant request show on Saturday nights as well. The End and X96 used to be the same station, but feuds were going on and half the DJ's left x96 to start their own station. X96 plays a lot more of the harder stuff (Pearl JAm, Korn, Marilyn Manson, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc) so The End may give you all a better chance of getting what you all want to hear. I hope this helps out! (since there is another Jen on this list, I will use a different spelling) Jenn slffv@cc.usu.edu ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980907215945.3196.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 14:59:45 -0700 (PDT) From: "Jennifer A. Morton" Subject: TMBG: re: Bumbershoot 9/6 well, i don't post much, blah blah and all that. been around for quite a while though. anyway, i had the honor of being at the show last night. i must say i was impressed. i've seen them several times and this was by far the best show. i started out smack in the middle of the stage, about five or six people back. by the end i was second from the stage. the crowd was into it, which is soo good to see. i screamed, yelled, danced my booty off and generally made a complete and total (although oblivious and in sheer extasy) fool of myself. just figures that the one time they decide to do a webcast it is the one time i actually get to be at the show. everyone had already given set-lists and all of that so i won't. just wanted to share the joy. and i get to do it all again in portland tomorrow! yipee!!! sooooo, who else was there and where were you? === Jennifer Morton Sullenmoon@Rocketmail.com SullenMoon's Jamiroquai Page! http://members.tripod.com/~SullenMoon/jamiroquai.html My NEW Homepage! http://members.tripod.com/~SullenMoon/index.html " I could never sleep my way to the top, 'cause my alarm-clock always wakes me right up...-TMBG _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980907220955.1078.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 15:09:55 -0700 (PDT) From: "Jennifer A. Morton" Subject: TMBG: re: Bumbershoot 9/6 well, i don't post much, blah blah and all that. been around for quite a while though. anyway, i had the honor of being at the show last night. i must say i was impressed. i've seen them several times and this was by far the best show. i started out smack in the middle of the stage, about five or six people back. by the end i was second from the stage. the crowd was into it, which is soo good to see. i screamed, yelled, danced my booty off and generally made a complete and total (although oblivious and in sheer extasy) fool of myself. just figures that the one time they decide to do a webcast it is the one time i actually get to be at the show. everyone had already given set-lists and all of that so i won't. just wanted to share the joy. and i get to do it all again in portland tomorrow! yipee!!! sooooo, who else was there and where were you? ~Jennifer === Jennifer Morton Sullenmoon@Rocketmail.com SullenMoon's Jamiroquai Page! http://members.tripod.com/~SullenMoon/jamiroquai.html My NEW Homepage! http://members.tripod.com/~SullenMoon/index.html " I could never sleep my way to the top, 'cause my alarm-clock always wakes me right up...-TMBG _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:06:18 -0700 (PDT) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: TMBG: when you feel like a fossil Message-ID: Me, too. I fit in perfectly with the college students I hang out with, and almost not at all with the high school crowd. Cap'n Helfgott On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 LinnellLvr@aol.com wrote: > I'm 15, but a lot of times I feel a lot older. ^_^ Haven't really figured out > why yet. > > Leslie > ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 19:53:29 EDT Subject: TMBG: disaster!!! John Isn't even on the list for person of the century anymore. Jeff "It is probably my dumbass computer" Craig ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199809080001.UAA00790@pop.snet.net> From: "dext182" Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 19:57:54 +0000 Subject: TMBG: RE:TMBG disaster no no... do not worry, all is well... he's staking it out at 6th, although i would like to see him rise so i think i'll go vote some more... come on everyone! help john climb way the heck up there! ~jen~ ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 20:00:20 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 >so them playing it multiple times at just one concert is part of the ultimate plan to send out subliminal messages to get everyone to listen to only dr worm all day everyday. this is just the begining. Of course! This goes right along with TMBG trying to get us to call radio stations and request Dr. Worm! They brainwash us into listening to the song 24/7 in the hopes of getting us to make the damn requests! It's a publicity stunt! Well, it's more logical than reviving the god of consumption. >Batbrain< * ---------------------------------------------- "I am not a crook" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001301bddac3$2b6bb9c0$8199a3ce@kevin> From: "Bridget" Subject: TMBG: Bumbershoot Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 17:53:59 -0700 hey everyone! okay, i was at the bumbershoot show front and center (right against the barricade, in the exact center, it was AMAZING) and to whoever said they didn't do broom, you be wrong, my friend. there was sexy ass broom. :) anyway, it was great, except for the security people. my friends and i got in line around 5ish for the harvey danger show at 6 and then we were just gonna stay in the arena till they started around 8. however, by the time we'd been in line for 5 minutes, the security guards started running around saying to clear out of line, the arena was closed FOR THE NIGHT, both shows, and no one else was getting in. this was STUPID because not only had they basically cleared the arena between shows for every other concert, but there was a whole hour in between shows, and there was no WAY everyone was gonna want to stay in there. sure enough, after an i'm sure VERY satisfying performance of Flagpole Sitta, people started streaming out of the building. so they STILL wouldn't let us in, until the police came and told the security guys to let us the hell in. so we all RAN inside, and looked around, and the arena was nowhere NEAR full. and because of their little stunt, at LEAST 100, 200 people left the line. i saw at least 3 people in TMBG shirts, who were obviously very angry about it, leave the line and not come back. so i was pissed. but then i pushed my way through the moshing, kicking, screaming, pushing crowd of people (which was *really fun* cos i'm female, 5'1, maybe 125, 130 pounds, and alllll these people were male, 6'2, 180-200 pounds, sweaty, and excited) and all of a sudden i found myself....IN THE VERY FRONT! yeaaaaaah... :) but after the concert, the security put the sticks right back up their asses and kicked about 1/2 to 3/4 of the tshirt line out of the building and told them they couldn't buy shirts. it was freaking annoying. but back to the concert. THEY USED THE STICK!!!!! I have been waiting at *least* two years to see the stick in concert, and i finally saw it!!!!!! i was so happy. i almost died. but yeah. anyway. the setlist i saw looks right, yeah...i kept yelling 'list', both before the concert and after, and no one turned around, so oh well. but if ANYONE bootlegged it, please please please please please email me! and if anyone's going to the portland show on tuesday (and possibly bootlegging that one too) email me, i wanna meet people that are cool. yeah. *celestia* icq 2814304 tooms@proaxis.com, celestia@tmbg.org http://www.proaxis.com/~tooms/ "she's the one who gives me fire i see a side you'll never know" supergrass ------------------------------ Message-ID: <35F44F55.692F@bgnet.bgsu.edu> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 21:25:41 +0000 From: "K.C." Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 They definitely do want Doctor Worm to become stuck in our heads, and I don't really mind. If more people had Dr. Worm stuck in their heads, wouldn't the world would be a better place? K.C. "...I am a snake head eating the head on the opposite side..." ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 19:42:31 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm x2 Message-ID: <19980907.212005.14662.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> > They brainwash us into listening to the >song >24/7 in the hopes of getting us to make the damn requests! It's a >publicity >stunt! yeah, anyone wanna remind me what it takes to be tagged a "sell-out" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:22:37 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: TDK's TMBG sound page updated! Message-ID: Hi there, I just added eight new MP3s/WAVs/RA to my page, from the 3/28/96 show at the historic Mercury Lounge in New York City. They are: Unforgotten, She Was a Hotel Detective (Back to Skull version), Certain People I Could Name, "Bone Chilling Message" (spin the dial), Counterfeit Faker, Reprehensible, The Famous Polka cd skipping version and Dirt Bike. I have also recently updated my sound archives; I now have 100+ live full song MP3s up and 150+ songs in RealAudio. Enjoy! -Mike PS Please sign my guestbook! ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:24:29 -0400 (EDT) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: My address! Message-ID: Silly me, I forgot to post my page's address. I know most of you know it, but just in case: http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html -Mike ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #10-8 *****************************