Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #11-14 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 11, Number 14 Wednesday, 14 October 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Visual Discography TMBG: re sin city Re: TMBG: MonoPuff:Night Security Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? TMBG:time poll Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Single -Reply TMBG: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey...) Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? TMBG: Absolutely Sweet Marie's Mood Re: TMBG: Dr Worm single in the UK Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: Absolutely Sweet Marie's Mood Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptighy? Re: Fw: TMBG: Pen and Teller TMBG: Philly Show Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey...) Re: TMBG: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey...) Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Re: TMBG: Absolutely Sweet Marie's Mood Re: TMBG: Dr Worm single in the UK Re: TMBG: flans' current standings TMBG: .mp3's Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: Dr Worm single in the UK TMBG: Nathan Mulac DeHoff couldn't you put this all in one message? Look at Non-TMBG: Rockapella Re: TMBG: flans' current standings Re: TMBG: flans' current standings Re: TMBG: flans' current standings Re: TMBG: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey. TMBG: Re: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey...) Re: TMBG: Dr Worm single in the UK TMBG: BIYS Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Re: TMBG: Absolutley / youth / BGJ skills / the John's sweat TMBG: Ana NG midi Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Re: TMBG: Ana NG midi Re: TMBG: flans' current standings TMBG: lyrics and dreams Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Re: TMBG: lyrics and dreams Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed TMBG: misheard lyrics Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: Visual Discography Message-ID: <19981012.225001.9943.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:51:29 EDT I don't know if anyone's seen it yet, but here's a website I found to be pretty bitchin: http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ Try it, and enjoy. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Gweeg@o.com Message-ID: <6338a8ae.3622f1aa@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 02:22:34 EDT Subject: TMBG: re sin city I dont think john and john are crying about credits scrolling over them. They're probably quite happy they got the chance to do more than one song. Plus all the skill and time creating the song is captured on the cd. if they wrote the song especially for sin city and were cut off in the middle then they have a right to be upset, but they didnt and if you noticed the credits were spaced far apart so you could see them play the song and so they could play longer before the credits ended. Like i was saying some people are really uptight when it comes to TMBG. ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:43:47 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: MonoPuff:Night Security Message-ID: <19981012.165803.12902.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> > and >Rockapella, the band from Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago, was >having a free concert for Bates parents/family weekend. I saw a poster >for Rockapella and saw the bass singer was none other that Barry Carl >who sang Night Security huh, i thought most people knew that... alex... perhaps this is something to go into the mono puff FAQ take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000601bdf670$862e6740$29276520@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 02:12:55 -0400 >I'm trying to get a collection of misheard TMBG lyrics up Feel free to take a look at mine: http://www2.onu.edu/~stu1336/TMBGreen.html Amy :) ***Insert Obligatory Signature File Here*** ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:53:19 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Message-ID: <19981012.165803.12902.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >They Might Be Potty-Mouthed... > >Does anyone have a reasonable guess of why they've gotten so >foul-mouthed in >the last couple of months? yes... a couple of theories #1 they've hit their mid-life era and they're beginning to feel disconnected from the youth, (a lot of which is) their fans. #2 they're desperately trying to sell-out and so, they think cussing makes 'em look cooler... become more appealing to the teeny-boppers. I think this goes along with the "we're gonna play Dr. Worm twice at every show" thing. (there's something to argue...are they trying to sell-out?) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19981013011646.007a6100@mail.uslink.net> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:16:46 -0500 From: "J.D. Malmquist" Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? At 01:50 AM 10/13/98 EDT, you wrote: >I'm trying to get a collection of misheard TMBG lyrics up. As a suggestion, >here's one I actually heard, from "Sensurround" > >If mom had known she was expecting, she might have got me cigars.... >:If mom had known she was expecting, she might have gone to see Jaws: > >Feel free to pitch in. I'm embarrased to admit that before looking at the track list I thought "Subliminal" was "Submersible" :) JD ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <4f69e76c.3622d070@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:00:48 EDT Subject: TMBG:time poll The poll is mocking me when I try to vote it says Nah Nah Nah Nah. Now a little manners never hurt anyone and I am personally ashamed the Time would have so little control over it's pages. If it were my page I would tan it's hide Jeff "If you don't have anything nice to say, the shut up dickweed" Craig ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013004321.1729.rocketmail@web1.rocketmail.com> Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 17:43:21 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed ---Poncho wrote: > Does anyone have a reasonable guess of why they've gotten so foul-mouthed in > the last couple of months? Does anyone have a reasonable guess as to why everyone's so hung up about that? I haven't been to any of their shows before this year, so I can't say anything about them. But in the past, Flans has said that he always inadvertently swears at shows his parents come to see. He's said, "I'm not fucking kidding!" during the conga intro for quite a while now. On one of the letters on the website, Linnell makes a reference to something (I forget what) being "fucked up and disturbing." So it's not like they were these 2 squeaky-clean guys who have suddenly become potty-mouthed heathens (sorry if I've shattered any images here ;) ). Perhaps they are swearing more in current shows than previously, but I highly doubt it's an effort to become more or less commercial. I like to think they're smarter than that (thinking more swearing will suddenly bring them loads of fans, that is). Perhaps they're just more in a swearing mood. It doesn't bother me. > Brother John Green Jello Reminding everyone to watch their fucking language, Inspector Over the Mine === http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html I tried in vain to drive myself insane; I talk to myself but I don't listen. --Elvis Costello _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:15:48 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Single -Reply In the next few days I will phone the UK distributors and try and find out some concrete information. Richard >>> "Scot.Westwood@m.cc.utah.edu" 12/October/1998 05:49pm >>> There is a Dr. Worm single that will or has been released in the UK, look at GEMM.com. Has anyone picked this up yet, and what are the track listings On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Derek A Klein wrote: > Here's the response I got from Operator Dot (I believe she works at TMB > Productions) : > > "it's true that there is a promotional radio single for dr worm, but > there is no actual single planned for release" > > There it is, the unfortunate truth. I got this info back at the first of > September, so I don't know if any plans have been changed. Her e-mail is > TMBGDot@aol.com. Got a question? She's the one to ask. > > Derek > "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" > > ___________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] > ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199810131038.GAA02424@pop.snet.net> From: "dext182" Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:34:57 +0000 Subject: TMBG: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey...) guess what guess what guess what guess what guess what i was at an art store yesterday, and i saw some guy standing there that looked li... er, WAS John Flansburgh!!!!!!! yes... yes... i KNOW it wasn't REALLY him, but hey... i got excited anyway and promptly forgot about my paint and starting following him.... i all of a sudden became VERY interested in what i John Flansburgh look-alike buys at an art store... the results weren't all that fascinating... just a few paintbrushes... but man, he did give me a few wierd looks... maybe he thought i jumped out of a soup can. just before he walked out of the door, i revealed myself from behind some out of place flower display and watched him leave... but he flashy a rather toothy grin before he left that made me wonder suspisiiously if maybe it WAS john incognito.... what a worl we live in... where people aren't safe at art stores... ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 06:41:51 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Message-ID: On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, J.D. Malmquist wrote: > At 01:50 AM 10/13/98 EDT, you wrote: > >I'm trying to get a collection of misheard TMBG lyrics up. As a suggestion, > >here's one I actually heard, from "Sensurround" > >Feel free to pitch in. > > I'm embarrased to admit that before looking at the track list I thought > "Subliminal" was "Submersible" > :) Heh . . . I thought it was "Invisible" at first, myself. Hmm, what else? There's probably a lot for me - I'd have to listen to all my tapes and CDs again - but I do remember one from The Day. Of course, for some reason, I still haven't fully learned the words for The Day, so I might actually be right! ;] "The Day Martha came, and pillows got married . . . " Jim ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 07:01:51 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Message-ID: <19981013.070518.3534.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >I'm trying to get a collection of misheard TMBG lyrics up. wow, i thought someone already did collect these... check the archives for anything with subject hearder "mondegreens" (right?) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36238EF9.1F0A@pop.uky.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:33:46 -0700 From: thesfc Subject: TMBG: Absolutely Sweet Marie's Mood I asked the list about connections between Bob Dylan and They and a few people pointed out that "Absolutely Bill's Mood" was supposed to be like the Dylan title "Absolutely Sweet Marie". Well, I looked up the lyrics to ASM and I can't seem to find any connection. So, here's the lyrics. If anybody can make a connection, please, do tell. The song is off of the album _Blonde on Blonde_, so if the lyrics in any way sound sexual, they probably are. ASM seems to be about sexual longing, and ABM seems to just be a goofy song about being nuts. Or am I missing something? the sfc ABSOLUTELY SWEET MARIE your railroad gate, you know I just can't jump it Sometimes it gets so hard, you see I'm just sitting here beating on my trumpet With all these promises you left for me But where are you tonight, sweet Marie? Well, I waited for you when I was half sick Yes, I waited for you when you hated me Well, I waited for you inside of the frozen traffic When you knew I had some other place to be Now, where are you tonight, sweet Marie? Well, anybody can be just like me, obviously But then, now again, not too many can be like you, fortunately. Well, six white horses that you did promise Were fin'lly delivered down to the penitentiary But to live outside the law, you must be honest I know you always say that you agree But where are you tonight, sweet Marie? Well, I don't know how it happened But the river-boat captain, he knows my fate But ev'rybody else, even yourself They're just gonna have to wait. Well, I got the fever down in my pockets The Persian drunkard, he follows me Yes, I can take him to your house but I can't unlock it You see, you forgot to leave me with the key Oh, where are you tonight, sweet Marie? Now, I been in jail when all my mail showed That a man can't give his address out to bad company And now I stand here lookin' at your yellow railroad In the ruins of your balcony Wond'ring where you are tonight, sweet Marie. -- ***********************SIGMORPHER V1.0************************ *Come on aboard I promise you you won't hurt the horse * *We treat him well, we feed him well \ There's lots of * *room for you on the bandwagon rem * ***********************sfc software 97************************ ------------------------------ From: rhilton@bitc.org.uk Message-Id: Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:00:49 +0000 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr Worm single in the UK Just a quick update Having talked to Cooking Vinyl today the position appears to be as follows:- Dr Worm is still due to be released as a single. No definite date set yet but hopefully January. At the moment there are planned to be 3 songs on the B-side. These are Birdhouse, Istanbul/Not Constan (excuse spelling) and XTC vs Adam Ant. I understand these will be off STD except perhaps Istnabul/Not Constan which may be a different version. I emphasize the word may. Not much else to report but I will contact them again in December and will update you all then. Out of interest, if all the tracks are off STD but bearing in mind it was never released as a single in the States is there likely to be any demand for the single in the States as a collectors item? Richard ------------------------------ From: Phil Jackson Message-Id: <199810131519.LAA26406@angels.heaven.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:18:20 -0400 > #2 they're desperately trying to sell-out and so, they think cussing > makes 'em look cooler... become more appealing to the teeny-boppers. I > think this goes along with the "we're gonna play Dr. Worm twice at every > show" thing. > > (there's something to argue...are they trying to sell-out?) > > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Personally I'm offended that you could suggest such a thing...The johns selling out?? no way. The music of tmbg isn't for them about publicity, it's a personal project for the two of them. ~Eric "Action" Jackson~ [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Phil Jackson Message-Id: <199810131530.LAA26910@angels.heaven.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: Absolutely Sweet Marie's Mood Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:29:20 -0400 no no no it's the similarity in the title ~Eric "Action" Jackson~ > I asked the list about connections between Bob Dylan and They and a few > people pointed out that "Absolutely Bill's Mood" was supposed to be like > the Dylan title "Absolutely Sweet Marie". Well, I looked up the lyrics > to ASM and I can't seem to find any connection. So, here's the lyrics. > If anybody can make a connection, please, do tell. The song is off of > the album _Blonde on Blonde_, so if the lyrics in any way sound sexual, > they probably are. ASM seems to be about sexual longing, and ABM seems > to just be a goofy song about being nuts. Or am I missing something? > > the sfc > > ABSOLUTELY SWEET MARIE > > your railroad gate, you know I just can't jump it > Sometimes it gets so hard, you see > I'm just sitting here beating on my trumpet > With all these promises you left for me > But where are you tonight, sweet Marie? > > Well, I waited for you when I was half sick > Yes, I waited for you when you hated me > Well, I waited for you inside of the frozen traffic > When you knew I had some other place to be > Now, where are you tonight, sweet Marie? > > Well, anybody can be just like me, obviously > But then, now again, not too many can be like you, fortunately. > Well, six white horses that you did promise > Were fin'lly delivered down to the penitentiary > But to live outside the law, you must be honest > I know you always say that you agree > But where are you tonight, sweet Marie? > > Well, I don't know how it happened > But the river-boat captain, he knows my fate > But ev'rybody else, even yourself > They're just gonna have to wait. > Well, I got the fever down in my pockets > The Persian drunkard, he follows me > Yes, I can take him to your house but I can't unlock it > You see, you forgot to leave me with the key > Oh, where are you tonight, sweet Marie? > > Now, I been in jail when all my mail showed > That a man can't give his address out to bad company > And now I stand here lookin' at your yellow railroad > In the ruins of your balcony > Wond'ring where you are tonight, sweet Marie. > > > -- > ***********************SIGMORPHER V1.0************************ > *Come on aboard I promise you you won't hurt the horse * > *We treat him well, we feed him well \ There's lots of * > *room for you on the bandwagon rem * > ***********************sfc software 97************************ [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013154944.26433.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptighy? Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:49:44 PDT Anon Y Mous wrote: >Yeah yeah yeah, here come the hostility messages again. He asked for >it. No, if he had been asking for it, his message would have looked more like this: "Would you please prolong that political discussion that has absolutely no place on this list? And could you make your post as hostile as possible? Please?" -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013155329.26970.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: Fw: TMBG: Pen and Teller Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:53:28 PDT >>after reading about 50 more emails titled "re: p&t," i put 2 and >>2 together and am assuming that they played on the penn & teller >>show. Strange. When I put 2 and 2 together, I usually get 4 (or 11, if I'm working in base 3). >>who really cares about >>some crappyass german band? I don't know. I guess someone does, or they wouldn't keep bringing it up. >>i joined this list to read and talk about they >>might be giants, not a 5-minute german band that won't be around in >>2 months >>or abortions. Rammstein won't be around in 2 abortions? That doesn't make much sense. Neither does anything I'm typing, when I think about it. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:52:11 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Philly Show Message-ID: <19981013.115214.8398.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. i'll be attending tonight show at the TLA in Philadelphia. i'll be the one wearing the TMBG LIST sign on his shirt. feel free to come up and meet some fellow listees. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ Philly Tour Dates Oct. 13 - TMBG!!!! Oct. 24 - Soul Coughing!!! Oct. 27 - Garbage!!! Oct. 31 - The Misfits (NYC)!!!! * ------------------------------------------ ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013155914.16678.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:59:13 PDT JOrdaN wrote: >>Does anyone have a reasonable guess of why they've gotten so >>foul-mouthed in >>the last couple of months? > >yes... a couple of theories >#1 they've hit their mid-life era and they're beginning to feel >disconnected from the youth, (a lot of which is) their fans. Were the Johns really ever connected to "the youth," or to Their fans? They've never given much indication that They were. >#2 they're desperately trying to sell-out and so, they think cussing >makes 'em look cooler... become more appealing to the teeny-boppers. >I >think this goes along with the "we're gonna play Dr. Worm twice at >every >show" thing. > >(there's something to argue...are they trying to sell-out?) What definition of "sell out" are you using here? I looked up the expression in the dictionary, and it basically said that the phrase meant "to turn traitor." Now, since the Johns are working primarily for Themselves, in order to "turn traitor," They would have to do something that They don't want to do. I would imagine that They probably DO want to curse and play "Dr. Worm" twice at every show, and, therefore, are not "selling out." -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013160319.8213.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey...) Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:03:05 PDT I wish the message really HAD been about Joe. I lost my sublet to that guy. It was a feel-good sublet, too. >guess what guess what guess what guess what guess what Uh, you saw someone who looked like John Flansburgh in an art store? >i was at an art store yesterday, and i saw some guy standing there >that looked li... er, WAS John Flansburgh!!!!!!! yes... yes... i KNOW >it wasn't REALLY him, but hey... i got excited anyway and promptly >forgot about my paint and starting following him.... i all of a >sudden became VERY interested in what i John Flansburgh look-alike >buys at an art store... Wow! I'm a good guesser! (Actually, I peeked ahead, but...) >the results weren't all that fascinating... just a few >paintbrushes... but man, he did give me a few wierd looks... maybe he >thought i jumped out of a soup can. just before he walked out of the >door, i revealed myself from behind some out of place flower display >and watched him leave... but he flashy a rather toothy grin before he >left that made me wonder suspisiiously if maybe it WAS john >incognito.... I fail to see how his smiling at you would cause you to think he was Flans. Does Flans typically smile the same way when you see him? Have you ever even MET Flans? -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013160328.3682.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey...) Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:03:28 PDT I wish the message really HAD been about Joe. I lost my sublet to that guy. It was a feel-good sublet, too. >guess what guess what guess what guess what guess what Uh, you saw someone who looked like John Flansburgh in an art store? >i was at an art store yesterday, and i saw some guy standing there >that looked li... er, WAS John Flansburgh!!!!!!! yes... yes... i KNOW >it wasn't REALLY him, but hey... i got excited anyway and promptly >forgot about my paint and starting following him.... i all of a >sudden became VERY interested in what i John Flansburgh look-alike >buys at an art store... Wow! I'm a good guesser! (Actually, I peeked ahead, but...) >the results weren't all that fascinating... just a few >paintbrushes... but man, he did give me a few wierd looks... maybe he >thought i jumped out of a soup can. just before he walked out of the >door, i revealed myself from behind some out of place flower display >and watched him leave... but he flashy a rather toothy grin before he >left that made me wonder suspisiiously if maybe it WAS john >incognito.... I fail to see how his smiling at you would cause you to think he was Flans. Does Flans typically smile the same way when you see him? Have you ever even MET Flans? -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013160701.8873.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:07:01 PDT Jim wrote: >On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, J.D. Malmquist wrote: > >> At 01:50 AM 10/13/98 EDT, you wrote: >> >I'm trying to get a collection of misheard TMBG lyrics up. As a >> >suggestion, >> >here's one I actually heard, from "Sensurround" > >> >Feel free to pitch in. > Hmm, what else? There's probably a lot for me - I'd have to >listen to all my tapes and CDs again - but I do remember one from The >Day. >Of course, for some reason, I still haven't fully learned the words >for >The Day, so I might actually be right! ;] > > "The Day Martha came, and pillows got married . . . " It's "The day Marvin Gaye and Phil Ochs got married." The lyrics are available at http://www.tmbg.org -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013160913.19559.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Absolutely Sweet Marie's Mood Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:09:12 PDT thesfc wrote: >I asked the list about connections between Bob Dylan and They and a >few >people pointed out that "Absolutely Bill's Mood" was supposed to be >like >the Dylan title "Absolutely Sweet Marie". Well, I looked up the >lyrics >to ASM and I can't seem to find any connection. It's probably just the titles of the songs that are similar, rather than the songs themselves. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013161133.29579.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr Worm single in the UK Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:11:33 PDT Richard wrote: >Dr Worm is still due to be released as a single. No definite date set >yet >but hopefully January. > >At the moment there are planned to be 3 songs on the B-side. These >are >Birdhouse, Istanbul/Not Constan (excuse spelling) and XTC vs Adam >Ant. >I understand these will be off STD except perhaps Istnabul/Not >Constan >which may be a different version. I emphasize the word may. > >Not much else to report but I will contact them again in December and >will >update you all then. > >Out of interest, if all the tracks are off STD but bearing in mind it >was >never released as a single in the States is there likely to be any >demand >for the single in the States as a collectors item? Well, I probably wouldn't want it. I'm pretty sure that some collectors will buy anything, though. (Hey! It's a dust bunny from John Linnell's floor! I'll pay $10 for it!) -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Laura A Miller Subject: Re: TMBG: flans' current standings Message-Id: <36237ccd271b096@mhub3.tc.umn.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:16:14 -0500 Responding to the message of Tue, 13 Oct 1998 00:41:54 EDT from KdsInThHal@aol.com: > > # Person % Tally > 1 Jesus Christ 29.57 2557 > 2 Travis Laird 20.77 1796 Who is Travis Laird ? Laura ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981013162958.884.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Scott Reed" Subject: TMBG: .mp3's Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:29:58 CDT yeah, does anyone know of a good site for TMBG .mp3's. i'd especially like one with dr.worm as i have not yet heard it. bjorky ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: Kreadoubt@aol.com Message-ID: <5d43e981.36238595@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:53:41 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed << >Does anyone have a reasonable guess of why they've gotten so >foul-mouthed in >the last couple of months? >> Too much time on the bus perhaps? "If that had been a grown person you'd have cursed. But this is your child, you don't wanna curse. So you sensor yourself and you say....WHAT THE..............I'll BUST YOUR................GET OUT OF MY FACE!" -Bill Cosby Could you imagine the Johns sensoring themselves? :) 'Hey John! What the BEEP was THAT all about!?!?!" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:01:43 -0500 (CDT) From: Kim Justice Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Message-ID: On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 Kreadoubt@aol.com wrote: > [...] Could you imagine the Johns sensoring themselves? :) Sure! I mean, they both shave, right? kj [Crucial Disclaimer: Not everyone on the list agrees with me.] -- justicek@edge.net (Kim Justice) http://edge.edge.net/~justicek "Our cereal...comes in a can..." ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:11:40 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed In a message dated 98-10-13 05:58:04 EDT, you write: > Perhaps they are swearing more in current shows than previously Once again, neither John swore at the Atlanta show, as far as *I* noticed... ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <8dc636b.36238c9c@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:23:40 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr Worm single in the UK In a message dated 98-10-13 12:19:43 EDT, you write: > I'm pretty sure that some collectors > will buy anything, though. (Hey! It's a dust bunny from John Linnell's > floor! I'll pay $10 for it!) /me gets sudden flashbacks to the crowd of dudes that got Flans's water bottle after the show and started CHUGGING that thing... Like it would increase their inner Flans to partake of his backwash, or something.... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00bd01bdf6c6$327aad60$99061ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: TMBG: Nathan Mulac DeHoff couldn't you put this all in one message? Look at my example. Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:26:12 -0400 >No, if he had been asking for it, his message would have looked more >like this: >"Would you please prolong that political discussion that has absolutely >no place on this list? And could you make your post as hostile as >possible? Please?" I don't think he would've said this at all. You sound like an arrogant poop! lol >Strange. When I put 2 and 2 together, I usually get 4 (or 11, if I'm >working in base 3). hmmm.... nerd detector BEEPING!!!! >Rammstein won't be around in 2 abortions? >That doesn't make much sense. >Neither does anything I'm typing, when I think about it. Actually it made perfect sense in the context of message. Irritating threads about Rammstein and abortions. >Were the Johns really ever connected to "the youth," or to Their fans? >They've never given much indication that They were. I've always thought that they were very in touch with "the youth"... but that's why opinions are like buttholes... we all have them. >What definition of "sell out" are you using here? I looked up the >expression in the dictionary, It wasn't the best reply to my question, but it was their opinion... I specifically asked for OPINIONS!!!! Oddly enough, opinions are NEVER wrong. >I fail to see how his smiling at you would cause you to think he was >Flans. Does Flans typically smile the same way when you see >him? Have you ever even MET Flans? He has smiled AT ME all 5 times I've talked to him. He always smiles, especially when you talk to him about Richard Milhouse Nixon. So, that sounds like a good theory to me... lol >It's "The day Marvin Gaye and Phil Ochs got married." The lyrics are >available at http://www.tmbg.org Very good work... this is most important sentence that you wrote in all 143 emails you sent to the list this morning. >It's probably just the titles of the songs that are similar, >rather than the songs themselves. Couldn't you have sent this to them privately? >Well, I probably wouldn't want it. I'm pretty sure that some collectors >will buy anything, though. (Hey! It's a dust bunny from John Linnell's >floor! I'll pay $10 for it!) Cool, I've got a used tissue for you... The point of this email... as long as it may be... was to say "Consolidate your email!" Brother John Green Jello... who obviously knows how it's done. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19981013103427.00758d80@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:37:08 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: Non-TMBG: Rockapella >I saw a poster >for Rockapella and saw the bass singer was none other that Barry Carl >who sang Night Security. The show was great!!! Barry has the LOWEST >vioce in the world!!!!! He can sign like 5 times lower than he did on >Night Security!! WOW! Just thought I'd pass this along. Last time I saw Rockapella, Barry Carl sang lead on the best version of "Sixteen Tons" that I've ever heard. I now fully believe that "Sixteen Tons" NEEDS a BIG, DEEP voice... Pete Seeger's wimpy tenor just doesn't cut it anymore. :) >P.S. they had a guy making drum sounds with his mouth, it was >increadible. Many modern a cappella bands have a vocal percussionist. The House Jacks used to have a jaw-dropping-incredible one, but he left. :( It sounds like you're a budding a cappella fan, m'friend! :) You may want to check it out further. rec.music.a-cappella is an excellent discussion forum. www.singers.com is the website of Primarily A Cappella, for all your a cappella needs (they're quite reputable, have no fear.) Private to Anon Y Mous--not only do you have NO FUCKING IDEA what you are talking about, you were asked to take this OFF THE LIST, you fucking moron. --nicole the wonder nerd who never ever uses language like this... *** "My organs are not public property."--Mary Shmary Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn ICQ #11984736 Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <648bae3c.36239950@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:17:52 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: flans' current standings In a message dated 10/13/98 12:16:32 PM, mill1159@tc.umn.edu writes: >> # Person % Tally >> 1 Jesus Christ 29.57 2557 >> 2 Travis Laird 20.77 1796 > >Who is Travis Laird ? beats the fuggin' hel outta me, i'm just a reporter. ;p sarah ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:23:28 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: flans' current standings In a message dated 98-10-13 14:20:01 EDT, you write: > Who is Travis Laird ? > > > beats the fuggin' hel outta me, i'm just a reporter. ;p > Probably some lamer hacker-wannabe, like the "Gary Spell" fellow who crashed it LAST time... ------------------------------ From: CPatubo@mindscape.com Message-ID: <8825669C.0065BEFB.00@nvtomta.mindscape.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:31:27 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: flans' current standings > Who is Travis Laird ? > > > beats the fuggin' hel outta me, i'm just a reporter. ;p > >Probably some lamer hacker-wannabe, like the "Gary Spell" fellow who crashed >it LAST time... Prolly right... from what I've found, he's a site engineer at LairdNet... http://www.lairdnet.com/default.asp -cp ------------------------------ From: Phil Jackson Message-Id: <199810131914.PAA06438@angels.heaven.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey. Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:13:32 -0400 I like to think that it was the omlette ~Eric "Action" Jackson~ > it's like which came first? the chicken or the egg??? > > i say the incubator. > > > jen > > "a day without the sun is like... night" [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19981013142048.00709f64@goshen.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:20:48 -0500 From: "Amanda Heggen" Subject: TMBG: Re: joe. (ok. this email isn't REALLY about joe, but hey...) At 06:34 AM 10/13/98 +0000, someone wrote: >guess what guess what guess what guess what guess what > >i was at an art store yesterday, and i saw some guy standing there >that looked li... er, WAS John Flansburgh!!!!!!! yes... yes... i KNOW >it wasn't REALLY him, but hey... i got excited anyway and promptly >forgot about my paint and starting following him.... Recently I discovered someone at my school who looks a LOT like Dean Ween, so I know from experience how exciting it can be to find someone (or something) who, well, represents something that is real important to you. Congratulations. I wish I was there. ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr Worm single in the UK Message-ID: <19981013.152359.8055.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:25:27 EDT >Out of interest, if all the tracks are off STD but bearing in mind it was never >released as a single in the States is there likely to be any demand for the single >in the States as a collectors item? Doubt it. If a Dr. Worm single is made, then it will probably be released through the info club as well. That kind makes sense... Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981013172615.00912690@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:26:15 -0400 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: BIYS Is the version of Ant that appears as a b-side of the German BIYS single the same as the b-side of I(NC)? --Jason-- ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:52:59 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Message-ID: <19981013.173305.9966.0.gray42@juno.com> Heh, here's one "Is he a duck, or is he a speck, when he's underwater, does he get wet?" or "In the nightgown of the sun and moon, where the windows lean intro the room" or "the head arising the bed in the self called nowhere" Just to name a few If I can remember any more, I'll be sure to post them Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:47:42 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Message-ID: On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Kim Justice wrote: > On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 Kreadoubt@aol.com wrote: > > [...] Could you imagine the Johns sensoring themselves? :) > > Sure! I mean, they both shave, right? ... ... ... ::weak sickly groan:: that was beautiful. :) --jim kuemmerle, who always loves a good pun... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:38:30 -0600 (MDT) From: Jim Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Message-ID: hey, amy!! long time no see! i have some new mondegreens for you: become a robot: "harbor a wishnik" as "harbor a deathwish"; i still swear they sing it this way... the day: "the day marvin gaye and phyllis got married" snowball in hell: "alabaster roadblock" weep day: "...not the one i was addressing; the president of urban africa..." --jim kuemmerle, daishiki lover... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <520a597d.3623e783@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 19:51:31 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed In AKA Driver I thought it said "Big Head Todd won twenty, little hens on me" Jeff "Big hands on 120? that can't be right it doesn't make any sense" Craig ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 18:55:21 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Absolutley / youth / BGJ skills / the John's sweat Message-ID: <19981013.185932.4798.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >people pointed out that "Absolutely Bill's Mood" was supposed to be >like >the Dylan title "Absolutely Sweet Marie" I believe it's just the title that they got from the Dylan song and as for the rest isn't it about Bill Krauss? >Were the Johns really ever connected to "the youth," or to Their fans? well... they wear cons. I rarely see other 40 year olds walking down the street with cons on but maybe that's just denver... :) >The point of this email... as long as it may be... was to say >"Consolidate >your email!" i'm impressed... when i first joined the list ages and ages ago i did this (mostly cuz i only got the digest at that time) but i just figured it sucked to consolidate cuz then the subject lines are wacked (people can't follow threads). And most people will read like the first sentence and delete the rest (i know i do). But just for you, i've compiled all three or four e-mails i would've sent into one! :) >In AKA Driver I thought it said "Big Head Todd won twenty, little hens >on me" heh, one of the only bands from CO to "make-it" in the 90's (don't forget my buds... five iron frenzy). :) >/me gets sudden flashbacks to the crowd of dudes that got Flans's >water bottle >after the show and started CHUGGING that thing... Like it would >increase their >inner Flans to partake of his backwash, or something.... After shows where we're dancing a lot (yeahyeah and moshing) you do get reeeeally thirsty... perhaps they were more interested in the water than in the fact that it was flansy's take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: RabidChidl@aol.com Message-ID: <76d94f81.3623ff65@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:33:25 EDT Subject: TMBG: Ana NG midi On tmbg.org, does anyone else have problems trying to d/l the ana ng midi? ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:56:22 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? Hey, Mike will drive her (this was before i knew the real name for aka driver) :Hey, Nyquil driver The world's a dress (a friend thought (and still believes) this one) The world's adress So if you predict in Constantinople, she'll be waiting in Istanbul :So if you've got a date... : So I wont sit at home any more and you wont see my head in Mountain Dew :So I wont sit at home any more and you wont see my head in the window: The greatest man, person man :Degraded man, person man: Throw the crypt door wide :Throw the crib door wide: For bieng lazy falls like a spell :For king-lazy-bones like myself: And hit my head on the pole of the table and I told him I slipped today :and hit my head on the wall of jail where the two of us live today: So sneak out this class suburban : so sneak out this glass of bourban: I was invincible, now I'm invincible : I was uncomfortable, now im uncomfortable: Don't even get me started on Letterbox If it makes a difference, I thought WLSD was a drug as opposed to a station ~Bat"WLSD"Brain * --------------------------------------------- "I kick the rocks beneath me, I squint at the sun" ------------------------------ Message-Id: <2.2.32.19981014020004.01174280@mail.utexas.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:00:04 -0500 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? >The world's a dress (a friend thought (and still believes) this one) >The world's address These two are supposed to be confused -- listen to the lyrics of the song. Harf, Mitch "A man said to the universe: 'Sir, I exist!' 'However,' replied the universe, 'The fact has not created in me a sense of obligation.'" - Stephen Crane http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html Support the Harf Project: http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/harfproj.html All your questions answered, all your problems solved: http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mitch/ask820/ask820.html ------------------------------ From: Tmbg4life@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:03:26 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Ana NG midi nope, not me ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <975d38c.362406c3@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:04:51 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: flans' current standings Are ye all daff?! Travis Laird is the guy who invented jello! Ok, so i made that up so i sounded intectual and youd all respect me more. Everyone knows it was Bill Cosby ~Bat"Jello"Brain * ------------------------------------------ "Ya see, jazz is like a jell-o pudding. No actually it's like kodac film. No, actually it's like one of them new coca colas. It'll always be around" ~bad cosby impersonation on simpsons ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <194a0d9.36240886@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:12:22 EDT Subject: TMBG: lyrics and dreams When I first heard Ana Ng I thought that that little distorted voice said "I don't twirl the world, I just want your hat" I know I had a few others but I'm sick and I want to go to bed oh yeah, i had a weird TMBG dream it was caffine induced It was in the 80's and they did this weird commercial for some kind of pill Flans was walking down the sidewalk with Linnell and he grabbed his stomach and fell to the ground and was moaning "Oh no! They slipped me a bromine pill!" But then Linnell helped him back up and said "No they didn't, they gave you a pill of brine((too much chemistry..erg)) and Flans was like "Oh, ok" and they went on their way, and then my dream went to a weird music video of thiers where they were singing a song about a gardener, and my dream had the little words on the bottom of the screen that music videos usually have. It was about theFCBR Gardener or something..don't ask me, I have no idea what that means.. Off to sleep for me! -Amber the Alterian ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <83560298.36240a18@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:19:04 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Misheard TMBG lyrics? In a message dated 10/13/98 10:17:11 PM, Batbrain99@aol.com writes: >f it makes a difference, I thought WLSD was a drug as opposed to a station i'm pretty sure it's a pun.. "she's on ________" because as you know, TMBG are good like that. sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <7cbc9c0d.36240b56@aol.com> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:24:22 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: lyrics and dreams In a message dated 10/13/98 10:21:24 PM, Alterian@AOL.com writes: >When I first heard Ana Ng I thought that that little distorted voice said >"I >don't twirl the world, I just want your hat" of course, who can forget the closed captioning in brain candy... (for: "everyone wants to see that groovy thing") "but all i wants to see the the groove within" or something like that. actually i don't think that's it - i think it's more off. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:30:11 -0400 (EDT) From: Kevin Keeler Subject: Re: TMBG: They Might Be Potty-Mouthed Message-ID: On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 ErgoTM@aol.com wrote: > In AKA Driver I thought it said "Big Head Todd won twenty, little hens on me" > > Jeff "Big hands on 120? that can't be right it doesn't make any sense" Craig > im not sure if that actually doesnt make sense to you....but it refers to 120 mph (speedometer). and the litle hand is on 'E' --empty. he's a nyquil driver. psycho crazy and all that. not trying to insult anyone.....just have trouble picking up that damn sarcasm / wit in writing..... -kevin ------------------------------ Message-Id: <36241418.95F8A1C9@tc.umn.edu> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 22:01:45 -0500 From: Laura Miller Subject: TMBG: misheard lyrics This isn't TMBG but its still funny. In hearing the song Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds by the Beatles I thought that the line "The girl with kaledescope eyes" was "The girl with colitis go by" Laura (hearing aid) Miller ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #11-14 ******************************