Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #11-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 11, Number 25 Sunday, 25 October 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: News Server Upgrades TMBG: MP3 of Lady is a Tramp (Sinatra version) Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) TMBG: This is kinda stupid... Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... TMBG: calling a picture... TMBG: MONO PUFF MIDIS!!!! Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Leo Bicknell Message-Id: <199810241306.JAA13109@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: News Server Upgrades Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 09:06:37 -0400 (EDT) The news.tmbg.org news server (which offers news based access to tmbg-list, but no other news groups) will be upgraded over the next few days. During this process it may be unavailable for an extended period of time. -- Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440 Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3631F4D4.6508@asan.com> Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 11:40:04 -0400 From: "Robert J. Plass" Organization: Schick Technologies, Inc. - The Leader in Digital Radiography Subject: TMBG: MP3 of Lady is a Tramp (Sinatra version) Hello exquisite living people, I've made another mp3! Wow! This one is of the American Standard, "The Lady is a Tramp" which was written by Rodgers and Hart. This song has been performed about 2,000,000 times by over 5,000,000 artists, but the two most important are TMBG and Frank Sinatra. I ripped a version of the song that I have (from an unusually titled album, "Frank Sinatra - The Very Good Years" - it's from a one of his songs, but it's not punny). I chose this recording because 1) It is in fact quite different from the TMBG version recorded on Misc T. 2) The lyrics(!?!) are quite clear on this version and 3) Sinatra says, "Thank you!" right at the beginning - it's classic! For those of you keeping score at home, this is the classic October 13th, 1974 version, recorded in New York City, using the Billy Byers arrangement, of course. Here is the URL: http://www.asan.com/users/plassrob/Lady_is_a_tramp_Sinatra_1974.mp3 Love, Rob Plass ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981024172130.911.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" Subject: Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:21:30 PDT Leslie wrote: >Did Fenny end up coming up with the Ultimate Question??? I don't >remember >that, but then, I haven't read Mostly Harmless yet (ha ha silly me). As I said before (but apparently no one listened), I believe that Fenchurch came up with God's Final Message To His Creation, not the Question. I could be wrong, though. Maybe it's about time for me to re-read the old Hitchhikers' Guide. -- May you live in interesting times, Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 13:43:01 -0400 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Message-ID: <19981024.134337.9950.0.gray42@juno.com> On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 10:21:30 PDT "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" writes: >Leslie wrote: >>Did Fenny end up coming up with the Ultimate Question??? I don't >>remember >>that, but then, I haven't read Mostly Harmless yet (ha ha silly me). > >As I said before (but apparently no one listened), I believe that >Fenchurch came up with God's Final Message To His Creation, not the >Question. I could be wrong, though. Maybe it's about time for me to >re-read the old Hitchhikers' Guide. I'd say that Prak was the one to come up with God's Final message to his creation. Remember in Life, the Universe, and Everything, he got too much truth serum. As for Fenny, when she thought of the Ultimate question, the universe folded up and became something different, remember her discription of her memory of the event. Or at least this is my current theory on the Fenny incodent. If this be true, then the end of Mostly Harmless was entirely uncalled for, except for the purpose of irony. Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "Ugh ugh ugh grrrrrr ugh." --Caveman MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 >May you live in interesting times, >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ > > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > ________________________________________________________________ Get secure free e-mail that you don't need Web access to use from Juno, the world's second largest online service. Download your free software at http://www.juno.com/getit.b.html. ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 14:09:26 EDT Subject: Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) In a message dated 98-10-24 13:52:58 EDT, you write: << If this be true, then the end of Mostly Harmless was entirely uncalled for, except for the purpose of irony. >> When I went to the booksigning for Starship Titanic(the book Douglas provided the idea for, and Terry Jones wrote) someone asked him why he ended Mostly Harmless that way IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK, VENTURE NO FURTHER!!!!!!! He said he killed them all because he didn't want to be tempted with writing another book in the series... Graham ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 14:25:15 -0500 (CDT) From: Jim Subject: Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Message-ID: On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 gray42@juno.com wrote: > writes: > >As I said before (but apparently no one listened), I believe that > >Fenchurch came up with God's Final Message To His Creation, not the > >Question. I could be wrong, though. Maybe it's about time for me to > >re-read the old Hitchhikers' Guide. > > I'd say that Prak was the one to come up with God's Final message to his > creation. Remember in Life, the Universe, and Everything, he got too > much truth serum. Unfortunately incorrect on both counts. Fenchurch (so THAT'S her name! Tricky thing, memory . . . ) was about to come up with the Question, not the final message. Neither did Prak . . . all Prak did was divulge in the final message's location. Which, by the way, people should read the books if for nothing else. The suspense leading up to the message, the message itself, and the incident with Marvin is one of the most facinating and passionate passages I've ever read . . . . . . . . . for being in a funny book, of course. =] > As for Fenny, when she thought of the Ultimate question, the universe > folded up and became something different, remember her discription of > her memory of the event. Or at least this is my current theory on the > Fenny incodent. Geez, I wish everyone would just read the danged books, so we wouldn't have to call all the really important and/or cool parts "incidents", neh? =] Jim "Wow! The Whizzer! I thought you were just a legend to make mercs laugh at night! I mean, come on, you're named the Whizzer and you sport a yellow costume? You were asking to get whacked." -Deadpool, Deadpool #0 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 18:12:07 -0400 (EDT) From: "Jason A. Glastetter" Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... Message-ID: I started work on my 2nd remix of Dr. Worm today...for those of you who liked the first one, I think this second one is better. Oh, yeah, this one includes that darn backwords talk too, because I like backwords talk. & there is some other odd stuff thrown in there, although, I've determined you can only remix a song so many times, so this may be my last one (for Dr. Worm at least). Well, actually I may do one more now that I think about it. I have the morning mix (1st one), the afternoon mix (2nd one), I think I need an evening mix to round it all off...any thoughts on this? I'm surprised no one else has tried one (oh, yeah, I never got the MP3 of the last one up because of some problems I've been having with my computer, real audio doesn't pose the same problem). If someone else has tried one, let the list know!!! jason "Afternoon Mix" glastetter Surprisingly we got electricity, & the next day we got conected to the web http://www.poingly.com because some music sucks more than others... ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 18:35:41 -0400 Subject: Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Message-ID: <19981024.183634.11534.0.gray42@juno.com> > Unfortunately incorrect on both counts. Fenchurch (so THAT'S >her >name! Tricky thing, memory . . . ) was about to come up with the >Question, not the final message. Neither did Prak . . . all Prak did >was >divulge in the final message's location. Actually, Prak did know the message, as he planned to tell Arthur after naming it's location. But it took so long for Prak to explain the where-a-bouts of the message, that he died before telling Arthur the message itself. Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "Ugh ugh ugh grrrrrr ugh." --Caveman MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:24:33 EDT Subject: TMBG: This is kinda stupid... Ok, i saw something on tv, and its gonna sound kinda stupid, but: I was watching some tv show called "click" its a game show, but anywho, i was watching that and one of the questions were: In the song, by They Might Be Giants, called Istanbol, what was the old name? I just thought id tell everone. Me! P.S. The girl got the answer right. ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: <58f5ea92.36327e6f@aol.com> Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:27:11 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... I dont think they sould remix it. The version they have out now is a BIG hit. There just gonna fuck everything up. Me~ ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:50:17 EDT Subject: TMBG: calling a picture... hey.. i know i sent the linnell apples and oranges jpg of linnell to someone cause i had no more ftp space; well i have about 10 MB's more, so... i can have it now ;) ... it's stored somewhere in the abyss of my old computer so if whoever i gave it to has it on their computer could email it to me and save me a heeeuge headache, it's appreciated. :) thaaanks. sarah ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 22:09:18 EDT Subject: TMBG: MONO PUFF MIDIS!!!! I NEED SOME MONO PUFF MIDIS!!! PLEASE, IM BEGGING YOU, HELP ME FIND SOME!!!! ME!!!!!! ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... Message-ID: <19981024.222754.8063.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 22:29:23 EDT TMBG aren't remixing it (to the best of my knowledge). This is just being made for our listening pleasure, unbeknownst the Them. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" On Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:27:11 EDT TMBGibs@aol.com writes: >I dont think they sould remix it. The version they have out now is a >BIG hit. >There just gonna fuck everything up. >Me~ > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 20:58:44 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... Message-ID: <19981024.205850.15086.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >TMBG aren't remixing it (to the best of my knowledge). This is just >being made for our listening pleasure, unbeknownst the Them. Unless of course one of his mixes made it on to the WMBG,T CD :) Then they'll know *all* about it! :) >>I dont think they sould remix it. The version they have out now is a > >>BIG hit. >>There just gonna fuck everything up. i really hope you're being sarcastic here... big hit? where? i would suggest getting the dust brothers to remix it but we all know how that failed last time... how they can make mmmbop into such a hit and not snail shell is beyond me! :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Finally hitting NYC: 11/11 - 11/15 :) ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #11-25 ******************************