Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #11-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 11, Number 26 Monday, 26 October 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: old songs TMBG: WE MIGHT BE GIATNS, TOO ON CD - RELEASE TMBG: Dr. Worm single Fwd: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... TMBG: tmbg sorta on 120 mins... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: filthyscarecrow@webtv.net Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 12:59:48 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: old songs Message-ID: <22335-36336714-1461@mailtod-151.iap.bryant.webtv.net> Hey, anyone who lives in Indianapolis, there's this great place to eat called the Shelby Street Diner (somewhere on Shelby St.(Reply to me if you really want to know)). They've got this thing called the Big Bopper BLT. It has 1 pound of bacon (excercise thouroghly before eating this). But best of all, the juke box there has the song "Maybe I Know" by Leslie Gore! Question: Who did the original "We've got a world that swings"? "Never since the WWF has anything been so rigged"-Flansy ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981025141043.00730d48@mailhost.trib.infi.net> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 14:10:43 -0500 From: "boba@tmbg.org" Subject: TMBG: WE MIGHT BE GIATNS, TOO ON CD - RELEASE They Might Be Giants Tribute album = We Might Be Giants, Too = READY NOW! * * The CD is ready! The CD is ready! * * Yup, three YEARS in the making, and it's here, and ready for you! Please read this entire email message carefully; it's full of important information. We have exactly 100 copies for this first run, and you can have yours right away. When all 100 CDs are shipped and gone, we will wait until we have about 40 additional orders (checks in hand, but not cashed) before ordering another 50 additional CDs. When the CDs come in, your checks will be cashed, and your CD will be shipped. (That way we're not ordering tons of CDs without the orders to back them up.) If you don't get a CD this round, don't fret -- it doesn't take long to get another order. Similarly, if you "pre-ordered" a CD, please send your check in. We sized the amount of the first order based on your input. To get your CD, simply send your check for $10 to: Matthew Ondrey 499 McMahon Dr. North Huntingdon, PA 15642 USA ( ***Please place WMBG,T Tribute CD on the "MEMO" line of the check.**** ) Also include your latest mailing address as well as your email address if we need to contact you. Some people might be saying: "$10 dollars? What the heck! That's a lot of money!" while others might be saying "$10 dollars? What a bargain!" We said we would keep it as cheap as possible. $10 will get you the professionally printed CD, including shipping to almost anywhere. (If you're not in the US, please include more dough -- enough to get it there.) Whatever dollars & cents amount is left over from that $10 will be donated to a charity of all of our choosing. We'll be starting a discussion thread in the "Boardroom" of the project's homepage ( ~http://www.tmbg.org/~ondrey ) to nominate charities and then we'll use the Web-applet voting tool to decide. Your input is essential, so please visit the website and make your thoughts heard! Now, some minor bad-news. We're discontinuing the CD-PARENT/CD-CHILD signup. There isn't enough interest to spawn a CD-copying tree, thus making it cost-prohibitive for everyone. Therefore, those who signed up for CD-CHILD will need to actually fork up the $10. The good news is that you get a really spiffy looking CD. :-) If you signed up for a CD-CHILDor PARENT change your order by sending an email to boba@tmbg.org with CD-CHANGE in the subject line, and your mailing address in the body. Other good news -- we're still planning on finishing the TAPE and DAT versions of the tribute, as well as setting up and supporting the TAPE trees. We haven't forgotten about you -- we just wanted to get the CD out first. This CD was made by fans for fans. It has been an exercise in a true labor of love. The artists have all put their hearts into their songs, and every single entry is great in it's own way. We'd like to have as much encouraging and positive feedback as possible, especially on our web board and throughout the tmbg-list and alt.fan.tmbg. Comments are always welcome, however, bashing an artist is not. Just for the record, this tribute is UNOFFICIAL, but quazi- authorized. We have an agreement with TMBG's management *NOT TO SELL IT ANY PRICE BEYOND THE PRODUCTION COSTS.* The Johns know about the tribute, how long it's taken us, and how much effort we have put into this project. Each has requested a copy of their own CD. I will be sending it to their management company to give to them. Reminder #1: You can *STILL* contribute to the TAPE version of the album. I will accept entries until the mixing process is complete. We've had interest in Dr. Worm, Why Does the Sun Shine, and Stormy Pinkness -- but I haven't yet received entries. If you wish to contribute, pick a song not on the list, email me, and let me know what you're planning. Let me know your time frame, and we'll discuss. :-) Reminder #2: As a reminder, the web address is: http://www.tmbg.org/~ondrey for other FAQs and a lively discussion about the CD and stuff. See you there! Thanks again for your support, and your endurance throughout the life of this project. I am honored to be your emissary in getting this tribute to you. I hope you enjoy this CD as much as we enjoyed putting it together. Jeremy Moskowitz jeremym@boutell.com and Matt Ondrey boba@tmbg.org -- Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy. ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm single Message-ID: <19981025.200024.11039.1.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:02:07 EST Just wondering: has anyone heard anything new about the supposed Dr. Worm single? Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 20:15:41 EST Subject: Fwd: TMBG: Dr. Worm Remix 2 (Coming Soon)... In a message dated 98-10-24 23:02:24 EDT, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: << i really hope you're being sarcastic here... big hit? where? i would suggest getting the dust brothers to remix it but we all know how that failed last time... how they can make mmmbop into such a hit and not snail shell is beyond me! :) >> Here, where I live they are a big hit. People who have never heard of TMBG, LOVE Dr. Worm. It drives me NUTS!!! I think they shouldnt do it. Me~ [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (message/rfc822)] i'm sitting here and all the sudden i hear tbg mentioned on mtv... so after the segment i rewound my tape to see.. [all paraphrased] jancee: "you guys have something to say to a certain band?" reel big fish: "we wanna talk to they might be giants" "..if you guys are watchin'.. give our people a call, cause we need someone, we wanna tour with ya." "we, we met 'em they were the nicest sweetest guys.." "they're my heroes of the world." as much as i ...really don't like their music, for this, i have to say reel big fish rocks . sarah http://members.aol.com/kdsinthhal ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #11-26 ******************************