Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #11-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 11, Number 28 Wednesday, 28 October 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG at Kmart TMBG: Which Describes How Youre Feeling TMBG: misheard lyrics Re: TMBG: Which Describes How Youre Feeling Re: TMBG: Which Describes How Youre Feeling TMBG: TMBG / NON TMBG (depends on how ya see it): Look -a-likes TMBG: Dr. Worm Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) TMBG: Hello CD Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <852566AA.005C3B74.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 11:47:18 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG at Kmart On Saturday, I was at a KMart in Matamoras, PA and as I was leaving I noticed a video preview booth. I took a quick glance and saw TMBG - STD. I hit the button and the first 30 seconds of the DrW video played. There were 3-4 TVs on the walls that showed the video and it was kinda of loud so I ended up playing it about 4 or 5 times just to take in the effect of it all. :-) BTW - it was the first i had seen of the video and it looks great! Erik J. Chuss "Tell me that you like my float upstream, draw the line dividing laugh and scream..." ------------------------------ From: Twink101@aol.com Message-ID: <5ab35146.36364249@aol.com> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:59:37 EST Subject: TMBG: Which Describes How Youre Feeling In the version on Then of Which Describes How Youre Feeling (Track 32) what are they saying during the backwards part? -Kate ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:12:27 EST Subject: TMBG: misheard lyrics I just remembered, the first time I heard dedicated I thought it said "San Jose built especially for the ladies, Bud dum ba" Jeff "Who put the thresher in the puppy farm?" Craig ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 06:06:09 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Which Describes How Youre Feeling Message-ID: <19981028.060831.4582.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >In the version on Then of Which Describes How Youre Feeling (Track 32) >what are they saying during the backwards part? > >-Kate > They Might Be Giants wanted to include a verse about the suffering people in the world, but couldn't find a place to put it. or something very close to that. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ Philly Tour Dates Oct. 27 - Garbage!!! Oct. 31 - The Misfits!!! * ------------------------------------------ ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Which Describes How Youre Feeling Message-ID: <19981027.211859.8063.3.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:20:28 EST >They Might Be Giants wanted to include a verse about the suffering people in the >world, but couldn't find a place to put it. Close. "They Might Be Giants wanted to include a verse about suffering people in the world, but we couldn't figure out where to put it into the song". If anyone wants a .wav of this playing backwards (so you can understand it) e-mail me at rabidchidl@aol.com. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:14:58 -0500 Subject: TMBG: TMBG / NON TMBG (depends on how ya see it): Look -a-likes Message-ID: <19981027.222539.12270.0.gray42@juno.com> Hey Everybody, guess whut! I've made a look-a-likes page. John Linnell (picture from Russ) and David Spade (pic from Lela) are at the top. Please send any other suggestions, and check it out regularly. www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871/lokk.htm Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "Ugh ugh ugh grrrrrr ugh." --Caveman MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:32:19 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm Message-ID: <19981027.223242.12270.3.gray42@juno.com> Hey, Does anyone know where I can get Dr. Worm in mov. format? Either audio or vidio will do. Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "Ugh ugh ugh grrrrrr ugh." --Caveman MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: ErgoTM@aol.com Message-ID: <154ec8a9.3636ab3c@aol.com> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 00:27:24 EST Subject: Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) When prak got to much syrum, wouldn't he know both the Ultimate Answer and the Ultimate question? Jeff "To tired to do a pirate dance" Craig ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 23:45:18 -0600 (CST) From: Jim Subject: Re: NONTMBG: 4 of 2 lyrics (drifted off into HHGTTG...) Message-ID: On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 ErgoTM@o.com wrote: > When prak got to much syrum, wouldn't he know both the Ultimate Answer > and the Ultimate question? Maybe the truth syrum wasn't THAT strong? It's also possible that he was telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth as it came to him, so he didn't know the Question and Answer . . . YET! *jarring chord* Jim ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19981028014535.007b43c0@smelly-tongues.com> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 01:45:35 -0500 From: Chris Combs Subject: TMBG: Hello CD I'm looking for somebody willing to part with their August 1993 Hello CD (The Residents' "Prelude To 'The Teds'"). My only tradable item of TMBG interest is the Snail Shell 1-track promo, so I'd be happy to give that as well as whatever price you may want to ask (we'll haggle from there). If anyone wants to help me make someone happy, please let me know. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #11-28 ******************************