Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #11-3 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 11, Number 3 Saturday, 3 October 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: They'll Need a Crane video tingly part TMBG: 70's stylee Re: NON-TMBG: Movies and Bands TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response to follow) TMBG: MANCOW Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) Re: TMBG: new subscriber TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) TMBG: offtopic More Real Audio songs!!!!! RE: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Re: TMBG: sigh... Re: TMBG: sigh... Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) TMBG: Michael Shelley at the Minneapolis show... Re: TMBG: sigh... Re: TMBG: Minneapolis Show (9/29) Re: TMBG: sigh... TMBG: SEMI-TMBG RELATED: Sad news.... Re: TMBG: MANCOW RE: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) Re: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! TMBG: Re: TMBG Video Bootleg 3 TMBG: New Linnell Inverview Online. TMBG: "You need the ethernet to catch the ether bunny" RE: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <00c501bdedd4$9da61980$0ad12581@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: TMBG: They'll Need a Crane video tingly part Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 03:16:45 -0400 >the "they'll need a crane video" i remember a while back during a discussion >of whether or not the johns were cute. everyone said they got a "tingly >feeling" from linnel when he gave a certain look at a certain part Ooh ooh! It's the part at the end of the bridge of the song where Linnell sings "No baby wait, I didn't mean to say nightmare" where he kind of looks up at the camera and smiles that great Linnell smile. Amy :) ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19981002003734.00827b90@mail.ethergate.com> Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 00:37:34 -0700 From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: 70's stylee >From: tmbgirl@juno.com >Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:19:18 -0600 >Subject: Re: NON TMBG: sigh... >Message-ID: <19981001.162341.11062.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> > >okay... so i started out thinking that it was a cover song... mostly >because I just couldn't imagine the john's writing a song with "la la la" >or "sha na na" in it... >then after talking with TDK the other day, he changed my mind. But >honestly... does anyone know of any songs with that title... i'm >thinking 70's era perhaps? "Working Undercover..." is definitely a TMBG original. I didn't think there was any dispute about this. In fact, it's a work in progress most likely. At the Portland show last month Flans went on and on in great rambling detail about writing the song and the message it was trying to convey, most of which escapes me however. Because of its short length and sudden stop, nobody clapped or anything after they were done playing it at least for quite a moment, causing an awkward silence before the audience was sure it was over and prompting Flans to say something to the effect of "we need to make that one longer". Kerry ------------------------------ From: Spoonerism@aol.com Message-ID: <3c4b0915.3614d36c@aol.com> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:21:48 EDT Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Movies and Bands Anon Y Mous Wrote.... <> Yes, the sketches they put on the tapes are funny, and what turned me on after The Holy Grail (What? There's a TV Show, too?), but if you've seen a whole ton of the shows (My local PBS Station runs Flying Circus every week), then you'll probably come to enjoy a whole lot more sketches. My personal favorite was THe Bishop, which was about a Bishop action hero (very funny! I'm laughing about it right now). Another bonus to watching the Flying Circus episodes is that you get the sketches in context with the rest of the show. i.e. The Argument Clinic is a very funny sketch, but when you see it with the rest of the show, as well as the real ending that they never put anywhere else, it becomes even funnier! >Dr. Strangelove- If you haven't seen this classic (I say that 'cause >it's B&W), then go and get the pinnacle of 1960's satire <> It's not only that the people are funny, it's that the people are charicterizaions of stereotypes of government officials at the time. If you learn more about the Cold War in the 50s and see it again, you'd probably appreciate it more (I thought the opening credits were really funny, too, but maybe I just have a warped sense of humour...) <> Again, I don't think that Woody Allen as an actor is very funny, but the movie was very funny because of the ensemble cast and situations that Allen is put in. Maybe it's just cuz I'm a cynic.... <> No, I don't think anyone hates you :) Just think of disagreeing as looking at the same situation with a different viewpoint -CAsey ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:51:25 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response to follow) They might be coming by Rick Reikob (Impulse: College Life and Entertainment in Pittsburgh - A Publication of the Pitt News) October 2, 1998 John played guitar. His friend, coincidentally also named John, played keyboard. In 1986, they formed a band. And although they never thought they'd be big, they still hoped that, someday, They Might Be Giants. As it turns out, they're now musical Goliaths, and they'll hit Metropol on Thursday, Oct. 8, showcasing more alternative-wackiness than Dr. Demento could ever prescribe. In 1987, John Linnel [sic] and John Flansburgh toured in relative obscurity throughout New York's East Village, backing their first album _They Might Be Giants_. Today, the Giants pack clubs and hot spots with hundreds of fans who eagerly await the band's next sound. They Might Be Giants are easy to describe: undescribable. From their loops to their accordions, they appease everyone with a slew of singable ditties. Their latest album, _Severe Tire Damage_ is a collection of classic Giants material, along with a new song, "Dr. Worm," that received a decent amount of radio play and spawned a video. The last studio album, _Factory Showroom_, showcases the band in the light that it has strived to be seen in -- a bit popular but still underground. Through the years, They Might Be Giants have endured many changes in their lineup. And they added such talents as J.D. Feinberg on drums and Kurt Hoffman on keyboards during their live performances. In the studio, they acquired even more session players. Currently, Dan Hickey provides the drums while the band incorporates some tape loops for backup. All in all, they're Weird Al for big people. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 08:51:24 -0500 From: "Don't Do Me Like That" Subject: TMBG: MANCOW Those people in chicago or who can get ManCow on the radio TMBG is on right now!!!! ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 10:14:00 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 2-Oct-98 TMBG: well, this is shitty .. by Lawrence P Solomon@andre > John played guitar. His friend, coincidentally also named John, > played keyboard. In 1986, they formed a band. And although they never > thought they'd be big, they still hoped that, someday, They Might Be > Giants. -5. They Might Be Giants puns are not appreciated. > As it turns out, they're now musical Goliaths, and they'll hit > Metropol on Thursday, Oct. 8, showcasing more alternative-wackiness than > Dr. Demento could ever prescribe. -10. They didn't say quirky, but "alternative-wackiness?" Dr. Demento? Group TMBG with the same people who made Fish Heads specifically as a novelty song? In 1987, John Linnel [sic] and John Flansburgh toured in relative > obscurity throughout New York's East Village, backing their first album > _They Might Be Giants_. Today, the Giants pack clubs and hot spots with > hundreds of fans who eagerly await the band's next sound. -5. They still tour in relative obscurity. Only now they have jerks like this guy writing articles about them. Also he should learn to spell. > They Might Be Giants are easy to describe: undescribable. From > their loops to their accordions, they appease everyone with a slew of > singable ditties. Undescribable... ok, I suppose I'll grant that. Howabout something complimentary, eh? -5. > Their latest album, _Severe Tire Damage_ is a collection of classic > Giants material, along with a new song, "Dr. Worm," that received a > decent amount of radio play and spawned a video. The last studio album, > _Factory Showroom_, showcases the band in the light that it has strived > to be seen in -- a bit popular but still underground. They Might Be Giants are not underground. They aren't mainstream, but it's not like they're trying to secretly distribute records or anything. -5. > Through the years, They Might Be Giants have endured many changes in > their lineup. And they added such talents as J.D. Feinberg on drums and > Kurt Hoffman on keyboards during their live performances. In the > studio, they acquired even more session players. Currently, Dan Hickey > provides the drums while the band incorporates some tape loops for > backup. This is just wrong. Where is Dan Miller? Where is Danny Weinkauf? Tape loops? Is he referring to Exquisite Dead Guy, where the vocals are on the tape and everything else is played live? Is he cracking smoke? -5 for leaving out the backup band. > All in all, they're Weird Al for big people. -5. Weird Al is far more popular than TMBG will ever be. Weird Al makes it a point to be a novelty act, while TMBG make it a point not to be. 60. D-. Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002f01bdee11$28128900$5a228a81@refund.rcn.nmt.edu> From: "Refund" Subject: Re: TMBG: new subscriber Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 08:30:07 -0600 Hello Laura. Welcome to the list. :0) Signed, Nick Wolf, TMBG Ambassador to the state of New Mexico. The effect? I'll tell you what the effect is! It's pissing me off! Ghostbusters, the Movie. P.S. Visit www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Amphitheatre/5550/ The first Julie Plug tribute page in HISTORY!!! :0) ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:22:00 -0400 Message-ID: <000401bdee20$c8568740$1fb0e7d0@cheesehead> Hello all, I've been a bit busy, but I have uploaded a few more songs to my little site. The logs show that quite a few people came to download songs the first time around. Hope you enjoyed! :) A few people contacted me about not being able to get the files to play. Did you get it to work? For those of you that didn't ask me, but were having problems, you need to make sure that you have the latest updated Real Audio Player called G2. It's free for download from real.com The new songs are as follows.... John Linnell - Will you love me in December.... John Linnell - South Carolina Mono Puff - Unsupervised (demo version) TMBG - "I can here you" and "On the drag" from their 2-2-97 radio appearance. My personal favorite versions of both of these songs! TMBG - Everything right is wrong again - from the old flexy disk (85) TMBG - "Youth Culture Killed My Dog" from the Demo tape (85) Slightly different than the regular version. The address is http://www.thespeakeasy.com/augiewan Check it out, lot's o good stuff! :) Have fun! AugieWan ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <627ebdb3.3614fd9a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:21:46 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) In a message dated 10/2/98 10:15:38 AM, lps+@andrew.cmu.edu writes: >60. D-. hey uh... well, i think that's one of the most decent TMBG articles i've read in a while. sure there were some flaws, but it's a lot better than the ones that slam 'em.. ~sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 11:36:49 -0500 From: "Don't Do Me Like That" Subject: TMBG: offtopic More Real Audio songs!!!!! You know Real Audio's are alright but why don't people get a REAL format like MP3's....mmmm...mp3's ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: RE: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:00:04 -0400 Message-ID: <000601bdee26$19a518a0$1fb0e7d0@cheesehead> > You know Real Audio's are alright but why don't people get a REAL format > like MP3's....mmmm...mp3's Once upon a time, AugieWan was helping someone else from the list make a huge TMBG song archive. We were all so happy. The site grew almost every day. All was well in the world. Then it happened! The record company's lawyers started their onslaught against us heathens. Kids around the country were getting threats of lawsuits, and their ISP's were canceling their accounts to keep their own butts clean. My friend from the list, got a letter personally from the president of Geffen Records (well, as personal as a form letter can be) saying they were going to sue him because of some non-TMBG MP'3 he had up. :) Nothing ever came of the lawsuit threats, but his account through his school was frozen. Quite truthfully, the chances you take to post MP3's at this point in time is comparable to preaching Communism in the 50's. A bunch of clueless idiots might just try to lynch you. As a young kid, I may have pushed my luck and posted MP3's, but as a married man with a house and 3 kids to take care of, I don't need the grief. Also, I agree, up until recently, Real Audio was a joke. Even if you didn't try to hear it streaming, the quality was terrible! The newest codex IS quite good. The file sizes are also less than 1/10th the size of a comparable MP3. Sorry, if you'd rather have MP3's, but you'll have to find them elsewhere. Well, I'll shut up now, AugieWan ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981002163759.22036.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: sigh... Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 09:37:59 PDT JOrdaN wrote: >okay... so i started out thinking that it was a cover song... mostly >because I just couldn't imagine the john's writing a song with "la la >la" >or "sha na na" in it... What about "Siftin'"? What about "Pennsylvania"? (Okay, so the latter is not technically a TMBG song, but it's pretty darned close.) Nathan ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:17:23 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: sigh... In a message dated 10/2/98 1:15:18 PM, xornom@hotmail.com writes: >>okay... so i started out thinking that it was a cover song... mostly >>because I just couldn't imagine the john's writing a song with "la la > >>la" >>or "sha na na" in it... > >What about "Siftin'"? What about "Pennsylvania"? (Okay, so the latter > >is not technically a TMBG song, but it's pretty darned close.) > I haven't heard the song in question, but, usually, i mean if it's something like that... like that "new" mono puff song, "girls" (?) ...i could tell it was a cover of an old song, even though i'd never heard it before. ::shrug:: ~sarah who had a dream that she was in a store that sold tmbg mugs of all different sizes and colours. ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 14:13:30 -0400 (EDT) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 2-Oct-98 Re: TMBG: well, this is shi.. by KdsInThHal@aol.com > hey uh... well, i think that's one of the most decent TMBG articles i've read > in a while. sure there were some flaws, but it's a lot better than the ones > that slam 'em.. I haven't really seen any articles that slam them... except maybe the few around the time of Factory Showroom's release that said they were past their prime (then again, I was beginning to think that, too, until I heard all of Linnell's songs on the album). Most articles either relegate them to quirky novelty band status, or like them for reasons that don't exist. (like "They're a great band because they write cool parodies," which I've seen said before) Why can't reviewers accept the fact that these guys are trying to make music, and write whatever comes to mind, rather than try to be weird or unusual? Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "Everything sticks until it goes away, * This space inadvertently And the truth is we don't know anything." -TMBG * left blank. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.5.32.19981002133014.007bd450@mail.uslink.net> Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 13:30:14 -0500 From: "J.D. Malmquist" Subject: TMBG: Michael Shelley at the Minneapolis show... Shelley absolutely BOMBED. I couldn't understand many of the lyrics, but I've never listened to him before. But the audience reaction was non-existant. On his last or next to last song one or two people applauded, and nobody in the audience was moving, let alone dancing. I assume most people, like myself, were there only to see TMBG and didn't care enough about Shelley to even give him much of a chance. jd ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:36:18 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: sigh... Message-ID: <19981002.123624.11022.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >What about "Siftin'"? What about "Pennsylvania"? (Okay, so the >latter >is not technically a TMBG song, but it's pretty darned close.) but... but... WUCFTM is so... pop-esque (i was gonna write "poppy" but it just doesn't work). Well, I'm all for it being flansy's song... it rocks no matter what :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html :::MOXY FRUVOUS IN 8 HOURS!!!::: ________________________________________________________________ Get secure free e-mail that you don't need Web access to use from Juno, the world's second largest online service. Download your free software at http://www.juno.com/getit.b.html. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <36151d5369bc002@garnet.tc.umn.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Minneapolis Show (9/29) Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:37:06 -0500 (CDT) From: Chris Bongaarts In the immortal words of J.D. Malmquist: >I picked up the Monopuff cd, (but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet) >a hat, and a sticker, and my wife got the giant insects and 2040 tour Be sure to get the other Mono Puff CD, "Unsupervised", if you haven't. It's suprising how it's grown on me since I first got it. While I like most of the new one, I personally prefer the old one. >shirts. Altogether, it was a great first 'real' show. I'd seen them over >a year ago when they opened for Hootie and it was pretty terrible, but I >attribute that to the venue (an indoor arena/hockey rink) and to terrible >seats. Target Center is not the best place to see a concert. Our seats for the Hootie concert were along the left side, just above floor level. An odd angle, but not bad. Incidentally, a few of the tracks from Severe Tire Damage were recorded the day after that concert, at Pachyderm Studios near Cannon Falls. (That's me and other lucky Rev105 winners screaming "NO" at the beginning of "She's Actual Size".) %% Chris Bongaarts %% Chris.Bongaarts-1@umn.edu %% http://umn.edu/~cab %% U of Minnesota %% CBongo on EFnet IRC (#umn) %% Stop Plate Tectonics! ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 13:40:55 -0500 From: "Don't Do Me Like That" Subject: Re: TMBG: sigh... I'm going to the Chicago concert tomorrow. I know people have posted about it but please let me know if you are going as well email me at ja0022@drake.edu. Thanks Jason Arnold ------------------------------ From: cambot@juno.com Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 15:01:17 -0400 Subject: TMBG: SEMI-TMBG RELATED: Sad news.... Message-ID: <19981002.150146.12174.0.Cambot@juno.com> I just thought everyone on here who was a fan of the excellent band, Lincoln, shouldn't be expecting a new album anytime soon or anytime for that matter. You see, Lincoln is no more. Chris Temple posted to the Lincoln webpage (www.thebandlincoln.com) a few days ago about it, but it hasn't circulated around much yet. Needless to say, it is a great musical loss... Chris also mentioned that he had a solo album coming out, but that Slash / London Records would be very hesitant now to release anything with the name "Chris Temple" on it. Here's hoping that Chris & the rest of Lincoln can find success with whatever they choose to do. Steve! Uncle Hambone's Log-cabin page by Steve! http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/mezzanine/2495 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 16:56:34 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: MANCOW Message-ID: <19980930.165907.3518.3.particle.man@juno.com> From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) >Those people in chicago or who can get ManCow on the radio TMBG is on >right >now!!!! DAMN! That does me no good, seeing how right now is 5:00 PM...soooo. I heard the Johns do a promo for Mancow last week. "Hi, we're the Johns from They Might Be Giants, and you're listening to Mancow on the free speech radio network." ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: "AugieWan" Subject: RE: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 17:23:54 -0400 Message-ID: <000c01bdee4a$f56e7790$1fb0e7d0@cheesehead> > I just downloaded 5 different songs, and each time it said "the document > is not a real audio or real video document". Any suggestions about what's > wrong? Thanks. I'm sending this to the list also, in case anyone else has this problem listening to the songs at my site. It seems as though when these .rm files are downloaded, some computers save them as .rmm If this is the case, just rename them as "songtitle.rm" If this is not the problem, well, then I leave it up to the list to try to help those out that can't get the songs to work. Maybe I should ask a more important question... Has ANYONE downloaded these songs and actually been able to listen to them. I've gotten quite a few e-mails over the past few days about the files not working for some people, but I haven't heard anything about anyone actually listening to them and enjoying them. ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:37:36 -0500 (CDT) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) Message-ID: On Fri, 2 Oct 1998, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > -5. They still tour in relative obscurity. Only now they have jerks > like this guy writing articles about them. Also he should learn to > spell. Now wait a minute. They tour in relative obscurity? Sure, in relation to, say, the Spice Girls or Pearl Jam, but if I'm not mistaken, They've been selling out venues left and right on this tour. I'm probably just a bit strange about it all, though....the show I went to before the TMBG show in St. Louis was an Appleseed Cast/Brandtson show, where a whopping twenty people showed up. Now that's touring in obscurity. The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Message-ID: <19981002.174101.21071.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 17:42:31 EDT >It seems as though when these .rm files are downloaded, some computers save >them as .rmm If this is the case, just rename them as "songtitle.rm" If this is >not the problem, well, then I leave it up to the list to try to help those out that >can't get the songs to work. Actually, It's not leting me save it at all, it just copies it. And everytime I try to access Hell Hotel, it says "attempt to load failed". Anyone else get this? Derek "Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36155107.5D55B74F@btc.adaptec.com> Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 16:17:43 -0600 From: Russ Josephson Organization: Adaptec, Inc Subject: TMBG: Re: TMBG Video Bootleg 3 > Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:55:33 -0400 > Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Video Bootleg 3 questions. > Message-ID: <19980929.235835.4446.0.particle.man@juno.com> > From: particle.man@juno.com (Anon Y Mous) > > >On the basis that some of current hostility may arise out of boredom > >let > >me ask a number of questions about the excellent TMBG Video Bootleg > >Vol 3. > > Umm, I was not aware that this existed. Obviously bootlegs will exist, > but titled bootlegs, I didn't know about. Where might I get this or any > of the other volumes? I can answer this one, About three years ago everyone on this list was talking about when they taped TMBG on Letterman, or Leno, or some other show. I'd never seen a TMBG video, never seen them on TV, so I wanted to see these videos for myself. For the past 2-3 years I've been collecting TMBG video from various contributors on this list, and compiling them so that all may enjoy. I've made three tapes so far, as well as both the '96 and '97 Hatch shell shows on a single tape. I also have a Joe Jackson Video Bootleg (non-TMBG, but since Graham Maby played bass for both JJ and TMBG, there's only one degree of separation). Check out my TMBG page at: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm for a list of what's on each tape, and let me know if you have NEW video that you'll trade with me for the upcoming Vol. 4 video. Russ Josephson ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3615580D.4207E1B4@weirdness.com> Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 16:47:41 -0600 From: Chris Nuccitelli Subject: TMBG: New Linnell Inverview Online. Haroo.... I'm brand new to the list (and probably won't stay too long; my inbox is bursting at the seams as it is!), but thought this might be the right audience for this sort of thing..... See, a friend of mine is a reporter for the local University's school paper and was able to get an interview with Linnell before TMBG's 9/15 Salt Lake City show (which rocked, I must say). After a bit of begging, he let me borrow the tape long enough for me to RealAudio encode it and stick it on the web. So I hereby present for your enjoyment, an interview with John Linnell. The sound quality's bearable but not great, and it runs about 20 minutes. Enjoy.... http://chris.vsnet.com/tmbg/ -- Chris Nuccitelli -- http://chris.vsnet.com/ -- ICQ:1124216 "Now, witness the power of this fully operational tagline!" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36155F3F.76F0BAD1@cnr.edu> Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 19:18:23 -0400 From: "Sarah Starr" Subject: TMBG: "You need the ethernet to catch the ether bunny" Hi to all persons.....this is Sarah Starr, occasional poster, college student, and person you've prolly forgotten about. Anyway, I just got this new email address and a super swift ethernet connection here at school, so I am finally back to being able to read and maybe post to the list. To add TMBG content to this situation, I just got my tickets to the Oct. 16 and 17th Bowery Ballroom shows, so I'm going to be there, all alone on Friday night and with a friend on Saturday night. If anyone would like to meet up with me, it would be nice, especially on Friday since I'm going to be all alone. sarah faye the scourge of cnr ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 23:07:16 EDT Subject: Re: RE: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! In a message dated 10/2/98 5:24:56 PM, augiewan@thespeakeasy.com writes: > > >If this is the case, just rename them as "songtitle.rm" If this is not >the > >problem, well, then I leave it up to the list to try to help those out >that > >can't get the songs to work. nah, it saves mine as the right extension, but when i open up real player, i go to select the file and it doesn't recognize it. ~sarah ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #11-3 *****************************