Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #11-30 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 11, Number 30 Friday, 30 October 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: quirkmeisters? Re: TMBG: quirkmeisters? Re: TMBG: quirkmeisters? (none) TMBG: Dr. Worm artist Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981029152653.0090c470@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:26:53 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: quirkmeisters? Yes, that word and more are found in this story I stumbled across at mtv.com. Don't know if anyone's posted it yet. If it has, oh well... One other *interesting* segment: "Quirky, clever, or just plain dumb, the band was on to something." (sigh) Anyway, here it is: http://www.mtv.com/mtv/local_launch.html --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:41:09 -0600 From: Jason Arnold Subject: Re: TMBG: quirkmeisters? what article?? I go to the site and see nothing as far as articles go. At 2:26 PM -0600 10/29/98, Jason Fickley wrote: >Yes, that word and more are found in this story I stumbled across at >mtv.com. Don't know if anyone's posted it yet. If it has, oh well... >One other *interesting* segment: "Quirky, clever, or just plain dumb, the >band was on to something." (sigh) Anyway, here it is: > >http://www.mtv.com/mtv/local_launch.html > >--Jason-- ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <1230503e.3638d302@aol.com> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:41:38 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: quirkmeisters? That section of the MTV page always reminds me of the Quantity Section of the tmbg.com page. Of course the TMBG page is much better =) -Amber the Alterian ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981030005845.9360.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "John Landis" Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:58:44 PST Hey, For anyone who was at the TMBG show at Bogart's in Cincinatti (no, I have no tape of the show) I have an explanation of the "Slim Jim" thing John F. was talking of on stage. aparantly, this girl, a friend of a friend of mine, locked her self out of her car, and asked our mutual friend for a coat hangar. This mutual friend told her she would have more luck asking for a slim jim, (a thin metal strip used by police and car theives to get into locked cars.) She, who was just along for the ride, not a true fan, accidently, and unknowingly ran into the band in a nearby parking lot, and innocently asked the band for a slim jim, of course having no idea who she was dealing with. John F, later that night at the show, spoke about how he was confused, because he was thinking beef snack, not theft device. So, I'm reeling from my indirect relation with the rock gods, and I just thought people who were there would like to know. John "the third John" Landis ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981030013222.10114.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Miss Karen" Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm artist Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:32:21 PST I was reading this week's New York Press (a free alternative weekly in guess where) and there was a little bio on the cover artist. Here's a snippet: "When not drawing for NYPress, Gary Leib is the owner and creative director of Twinkle, an animation company in the Flatiron district. Since 1993 he has done animation work for MTV, ("Dr. Worm," a new video for They Might Be Giants), Children's Television Workshop, Pontiac, Packard Bell and the feature films Synthetic Pleasures and Condo Paints." I don't know if it's a well-known fact that he did the animation for Dr. Worm since I have not seen the video. I was just excited to see TMBG's name in print when I wasn't expecting it. By the way, I would like to introduce myself to this list which I've been on for a little more than a year. Miss Karen ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #11-30 ******************************