Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #11-4 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 11, Number 4 Sunday, 4 October 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: 2nd new york show Re: TMBG: 2nd new york show Non-TMBG:Soul Coughing/Other Bands RE: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! Re: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! TMBG: ihola cabesas de queso! Re: TMBG: ihola cabesas de queso! TMBG: Lloyd Kaufman rules!!!! TMBG: MAAAAKIES! TMBG: Makies by Tony Millionaire TMBG: TMBG on TV last nite! TMBG: Live in NY CD Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: 2nd new york show Message-ID: <19981003.035746.7967.4.kpicara@juno.com> From: kpicara@juno.com (sarah j mamott) Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 03:02:00 EDT does anyone know when and through what agency tickets go on sale for the 2nd nyc show ? (friday) i'd appreciate an email if you have any info.. i don't want to miss getting them . .. thanks a lot ,sarah. ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <36164664.CC5233E2@cnr.edu> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 11:44:36 -0400 From: "Sarah Starr" Subject: Re: TMBG: 2nd new york show sarah j mamott wrote: > does anyone know when and through what agency tickets go on sale for the > 2nd nyc show ? (friday) i'd appreciate an email if you have any info.. i > don't want to miss getting them . .. the tickets are sold through an agency called TicketWeb, which operates almost exclusively through the internet. the web site is http://www.ticketweb.com and the tickets are on sale for all three shows. sarah faye possessor of tickets for the Friday and Saturday shows ------------------------------ From: LOADTMBG@aol.com Message-ID: <6870b9db.36166a41@aol.com> Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 14:17:37 EDT Subject: Non-TMBG:Soul Coughing/Other Bands Hey all, I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but I know a lot of you guys like SC. I was looking at some tour dates and SC was listed for THE DAVID LETTERMAN SHOW on 11/04/98. Here are some other dates: WBR TourSearch Results . There is also a lot of talk of other bands and I just wanted to mention that K's Choice COCOON CRASH is a really cool album --- especially "Everything For Free" and "Now Is Mine". LOADTMBG :) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981003185043.17107.rocketmail@web4.rocketmail.com> Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 11:50:43 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: RE: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! ---AugieWan wrote: > Maybe I should ask a more important question... Has ANYONE downloaded these > songs and actually been able to listen to them. I've gotten quite a few > e-mails over the past few days about the files not working for some people, > but I haven't heard anything about anyone actually listening to them and > enjoying them. I just dl'd a song a few minutes ago and it worked fine. BTW, it was "Will You Love Me In December..." and I liked it! Thanks so much for having this site. Although I should mention I did have previous problems downloading, but those were due to connection problems on my end, not problems with your site. For those of you who are having trouble dl'ing, make sure your connection is OK. Try dl'ing something else and see if that works ok. If not, there may be a connection problem. Always glad to be of service, Inspector Over the Mine === http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you." --Nirvana _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: Batbrain99@aol.com Message-ID: <891a9c82.36168968@aol.com> Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 16:30:32 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: More Real Audio songs!!!!! i had no problem downloading the first batch (coca cola, couple dial a songs, couple of 1985 demo songs) but all the ones youve added after that i havent been able to download, it couldnt find it or connect or something. yet, i can still download those first few. so, i'd assume theres a problem with your last bunch. ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: ihola cabesas de queso! Message-ID: <19981003.230856.7951.0.kpicara@juno.com> From: kpicara@juno.com (sarah j mamott) Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 22:13:11 EDT i just read the past 8 or so digests i've been saving, and now i'm going to introduce myself and answer some threads, basically to avoid doing my work. so this isn't really tmbg-related, so if you don't like that sort of thing, feel free to skip past. other musicians i love = tool, bjork, nirvana, primus, moby, stereolab, man or astro-man?, atcquest, fugazi, ween, the pixies,sonic youth, tricky, chili peppers, pizzicato 5, beastie boys, replicants, meat beat manifesto, brak, and pearl jam (yes, pearl jam.) -whoa, sorry, couldn't stop listing there! my 'score' on the personality thing = idealist NF other things = i'm an art major with minors in photo and art history. .. i'm from buffalo, ny. .. i love: monkeys, sneakers, mail, autumn, Nny, squee and happy noodle boy, the movie 'smoke,' vegetables, thunderstorms, road trips, german expressionists, doodling and trailing off. .. when i was 7, i was the last person on my t-ball team to be named 'player of the game'. .. the ny show will be my first time seeing Them live.. .oh- and i'm nineteen. ~pleased to meet you~ ,sarah. _____________________________ i am disrespectful to dirt can you see that i am serious? for lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle ! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 22:17:15 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: ihola cabesas de queso! >~pleased to meet you~ > ,sarah. well well.. another western ny stater named lowercase sarah. ;) welcome welcome. fabulous music taste, btw. ~sarah ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 22:38:06 -0400 (EDT) From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Lloyd Kaufman rules!!!! Message-ID: I picked up a copy of "All I Need To Know About Filmmaking I Learned From 'The Toxic Avenger'" by Lloyd Kaufman yesterday, and it's a phenomenal book! Highly recommended... You'll notice the lack of a NON-TMBG in the subject, so I'll go ahead and get straight to the TMBG-ness, which makes me respect Lloyd more than I already do. Page 299: [[[ SPEAKING OF MAGAZINES: I just had the dis-opportunity of flipping through the current issue of Entertainment Weekly (June 27, 1997), which was to be one of the most ridiculous issues of all time. The cover story is "The 100 Most Creative People In Entertainment." Some of the people it includes: Winona Ryder, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Jason Priestly, and Noah Wylie. Some of the people it doesn't include: Thomas Pynchon, Ben Kingsley, Peter Bagge, They Might Be Giants, and Lars Von Trier. What a bunch of shit. You suck, Entertainment Weekly. * * EDITOR'S NOTE: Uh, what's going on? Where'd Tromeo & Juliet go? Also, Lloyd, EW might have to review this book! ** ** Oh. Besides this one issue, I always adore Entertainment Weekly. Everyone should subscribe. ]]] Again, I can't recommend this book enough. Without a doubt the most entertaining non-fiction book I've ever read. (Although calling it 'non-fiction' is dicey, at best, as you'll discover... ;-) -Adam, still reeling from seeing Tuscadero...without a doubt the best concert experience he's ever had! Having the band members say how much they enjoy his unofficial site at http://members.xoom.com/tuscadero/ didn't hurt either. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <56dcedfb.3616fb15@aol.com> Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 00:35:33 EDT Subject: TMBG: MAAAAKIES! {grin} tony one-upped himself this week. the Then: The Earlier Years Ship! LOL! man.. hehe.. only thing worth watching on snl.. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 00:59:23 -0400 (EDT) From: Joe Teagno <99teajoe@hawken.edu> Subject: TMBG: Makies by Tony Millionaire Message-ID: Imagine my surprise when I put on Saturday Night Live a few minutes ago and saw what seemed to be the cover of "Then: The Earlier Years". Turns out that SNL did indeed show a short segment by Tony Millionaire, the same artist who designed several of Their shirts and the cover art for Then! The segment was called "Maakies" or "Makies". It opened with a shot of the ship on the cover of Then. It then showed a group of rats running around on deck of the ship trying to get away from somebody with a knife. Two of the rats hid under a bucket, while a third got his body hacked in half. The other two rats took the front half of the body below deck, where the doctor (also a rat) surgically attached a fish tail to the rat's body. In the next shot, the now rat-fish is hopping on deck, where a little boy picks him up, shows it to his parents, and asks if he can keep the "mermaid". The end. I guess it pays to stay up watching TV! Joe ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:39:20 EDT Subject: TMBG: TMBG on TV last nite! I saw the Dr. Worm video (with my friend JEN!!!) last nite. It was on Video Hits (for all those who live in NY it's on channel 76 at 11:00 to 12:)0 pm on saturday nite's). It was COOL! I know I had already seen it and what-not, but that was on the internet. Trust me, its a HELL of a lot COOLER on tv. They show more, and its faster! Me P.S. The other day 2 TMBG fans died. They were accidently hit by a car. It was sad. Andrew (who was one of the 2 victoms) sister told me to tell all of you. They were 2 of my good friends. They will be missed... "...at the end of the tour, when the road dissapears, if there's anymore people around when the tour runs a ground and if your still around then we'll met at theend of the tour..." ------------------------------ From: SuperD149@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:40:59 EDT Subject: TMBG: Live in NY CD I am still in need of getting a hold of the Live in NY CD. If anyone can help me PLEASE e-mail me at superd149@aol.com I will do my best to work out a good deal for it. Thank you very much, David ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #11-4 *****************************