Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #11-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 11, Number 7 Wednesday, 7 October 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Re: TMBG: TMBG : Good news and bad news from the UK Re: Non-TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Re: TMBG: TMBG : Good news and bad news from the UK Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? TMBG:Toronto Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) -Reply Re: TMBG: TMBG : Good news and bad news from the UK Re: TMBG: finished with lies Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? TMBG: Q & TMBG Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? TMBG: 10/04 - Michigan Theater review non-TMBG: my philly show dilemma Re: TMBG: Hate Page Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? TMBG: Flansie and Frank Black Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? TMBG: BHIYS Re: TMBG: BHIYS TMBG: tmbg on live in toronto Re: TMBG: BHIYS Re: TMBG: BHIYS Re: TMBG: BHIYS Re: TMBG: BHIYS Re: TMBG: BHIYS TMBG: request Dr. Worm TMBG: whoops Re: TMBG: BHIYS TMBG: John Pic Re: TMBG: Flansie and Frank Black Re: TMBG: Flansie and Frank Black Re: TMBG: Flansie and Frank Black Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Gweeg@aol.com Message-ID: <1f1e70f4.3619c038@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 03:01:12 EDT Subject: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? I just saw TMBG in Chicago on Saturday. They were great but a lot of people in the audience seemed to be uptight, disgruntled, computer geeks, somewhat like the guy who works at the comic book store on the Simpsons. Right out of the blue, before the show began some dwarf-like Bill Gates look alike made a crack at my unnatural red hair. My friend was smacked in the kidneys by some angry geekish people because he moved in front of them. Do you people believe the average TMBG fan is an angry computer loving geek? The Johns believe this themselves to an extent. ] Another question: Are most TMBG fans right or left brained? I'm very right brained. I suck at math and computers, but i love painting and film. With TMBG's strangeness I'd imagine most of their listeners would be flakey space cases like i am. However after the concert it seems apparent that most are indeed left brained computer monkeys(and kinda snooty too). I was just wondering who on this list freely admits to being a geeky computer monkey and who admits to be a fruity space case. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199810060712.PAA26400@vector.wantree.com.au> From: "Carla Stagles" Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:05:28 +0800 > Another question: Are most TMBG fans right or left brained? > I was just > wondering who on this list freely admits to being a geeky computer monkey and > who admits to be a fruity space case. space case here! but i do so love knowing smart stuff also... i don't think i am THAT fruity, but my friends say i am.. and my enemies say worse.. so i think i'll trust their opinions ;) anyone else? carla "as of now, i'm telling the truth" ------------------------------ From: Stewart Russell 3295 Analyst_Programmer Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:50:33 +0100 (BST) Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG : Good news and bad news from the UK Message-ID: <13849.51743.141942.23415@helmsdale> >>>>> "Richard" == rhilton writes: Richard> Now the bad news:- I found all this from a revew of STD Richard> in Q magazine (a normally rather good monthly music Richard> magazine) . They slated the album and gave in a one star Richard> rating meaning 'poor - best avoided'. It seems to me that TMBG is the band that many UK music journalists have to be seen to dislike. UK journalism (like all British advertising) is more about being knowingly cool than actually coming out and saying that you like stuff. Don't get disheartened; as Frank Zappa said, "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture." -- Stewart C. Russell Analyst Programmer, Dictionary Division stewart@ref.collins.co.uk HarperCollins Publishers use Disclaimer; my $opinion; Glasgow, Scotland ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199810061154.HAA00809@elvis.vnet.net> From: "FD&C Blue #1" Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 07:34:47 -0500 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Oy... On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 03:01:12 EDT, Gweeg@aol.com wrote: >angry geekish people because he moved in front of them. Do you people >believe the average TMBG fan is an angry computer loving geek? The Johns >believe this themselves to an extent. ] The average fan is not; this was just a conspiracy by a bunch of geeks to get on your nerves. Don't be so uptight about it. ;) > Another question: Are most TMBG fans right or left brained? I'm very I'd imagine that there's a pretty even distribution among fans in general, possibly leaning toward the right-brained creative types a bit. However, I'd also expect that on this particular list, considering it wouldn't exist without computers and those interested in them, you'll find a lot of people who are not in their right mind. ;) >indeed left brained computer monkeys(and kinda snooty too). I was just >wondering who on this list freely admits to being a geeky computer monkey and >who admits to be a fruity space case. I'm not even going to get into the whole snooty issue, except to say that there are likely many folks here who will be unable to see a humorous tone to your post, and take you to task for calling people snooty after asking who's uptight. As for me, I'm going to go quietly back to lurking and thinking about poking Bill Gates in the kidneys. :-p Your geeky space monkey, Carl Hudkins /* Team OS/2 * EFF */ - -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----- Version: 3.12 G!>CS d- s:- a- C++ U? P L !E W+ N+(++) o? K? w(--) O++ M? V? PS+ PE Y+(++) PGP+ t+(*) 5+ X++@ !R tv b++ DI+(+++) !D G e*>+ h(--) r y+ - ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------ -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNhoAVr5BFpotHh45AQH/LQQAmyCIOgZDmeY9InZzKll9UYEIaMSiSw25 SN+JU7yrbgJZcijT/KoF2G6egQjeXYM/2E1LsXdPpBp2AY1ZEmjgveKiRWo5+ZsJ ejODJyDBmXKhkbmQga/eCT8fSRlzLVXMjhk9DV1qzAL0wremQa703+d5Mrb5AO+H /nBDpEO6MGQ= =KXB4 -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 07:20:40 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Message-ID: <19981006.073305.11062.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> > Do you >people >believe the average TMBG fan is an angry computer loving geek? Oh yeah, i always thought so but then i went to the fruvous shows and my god, there are some seriously freeeeeeeaky people following those boys around! I seriously had to run away from one guy at every show cuz he was so tweaky.... and he wore the same clothes every day... and i was just a little concerned... any time i see a red jacket i have a feeling i'm gonna start tweaking... (disclaimer: don't get me wrong frufans, there were some super-duper cool people there too). take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19981006094236.006adb94@pop.uky.edu> Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:42:36 -0400 From: Bryan King Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? > Do you people >believe the average TMBG fan is an angry computer loving geek? The Johns >believe this themselves to an extent. ] well, I'm definitely a computer geek :-) >Another question: Are most TMBG fans right or left brained? I'm very right >brained. I suck at math and computers, but i love painting and film. With >TMBG's strangeness I'd imagine most of their listeners would be flakey space >cases like i am. However after the concert it seems apparent that most are >indeed left brained computer monkeys(and kinda snooty too). I was just >wondering who on this list freely admits to being a geeky computer monkey and >who admits to be a fruity space case. Hmm... I'm definitely a "geeky computer monkey" (hehe, monkeys crack me up for some reason; like in cabin boy, I love David Letterman asking "hey, would you like to buy a monkey?"). I'm a Computer Science and Math Major at UK. Wheee... I don't think I'm "right" or "left brained" though. Unlike most comp sci or math majors I don't hate english, art, history etc. In fact I love 'em. I'm always reading classics and modern novels, I write poetry... I can't paint though... I like tmbg 'cause they do seem to have some kinda' connection to dorky computer guys (hey, if I remember right one of them said that they'd like to be considered the Kings of Nerd Rock or something), but their lyrics are cool all around. the sfc oh.. I'm very rarely angry... (unless someone calls me a monkey ;-) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981006152948.16215.rocketmail@attach1.rocketmail.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 08:29:48 -0700 (PDT) From: Danielle Gaither Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG : Good news and bad news from the UK ---Stewart Russell 3295 Analyst_Programmer wrote: > It seems to me that TMBG is the band that many UK music journalists > have to be seen to dislike. UK journalism (like all British > advertising) is more about being knowingly cool than actually coming > out and saying that you like stuff. I read the review. The guy obviously didn't get it. > Don't get disheartened; as Frank Zappa said, "Writing about music is > like dancing about architecture." A slight correction: it was Elvis Costello who said that. Frank Zappa said that music journalism was "people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read." Or something like that, anyway. If anyone has the exact quote, feel free to correct me. Herself a geeky space case, Inspector Over the Mine === http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/1054/index.html "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you." --Nirvana _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <6876b845.361a3fdd@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 12:05:49 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? > computer geeks, ::rolling eyes:: okay... think about ...where you just sent this message. who you sent it to. a whole group of people on their computers. would you be shocked to find out that some may be computer geeks? :p >Do you people >believe the average TMBG fan is an angry computer loving geek? i dunno if i'd classify myself as a "computer geek".. i'm somewhere inbetween. i spend a lot more time on my computer than - well, basically i'm on it most of the time. and i have glasses. and i got an above average score on the psat. but i am a straight C student, and i wear contacts. :) i would say however that yer average tmbg fan is indeed in the geek/nerd/dork whatever you want to call it category. i've yet to see any of those "cool" people at school (hairspray clad, want-to-have-a-latino-accent mall girls, sagging pants guys..) raving about tmbg.. ..... sarah ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19981006093434.00765710@peseta.ucdavis.edu> Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:35:47 -0700 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG:Toronto >From: Alterian@aol.com >Do you think I'll need to exchange my >money to Canadian money for buying things at the concert? Allow me to pass on one of my Secret Travel Tips: Use a credit card. You get a *much* better exchange rate. --nicole the globetrottin' wonder nerd *** "Who better to capture the beauty and poignancy of youth and true love than Barbie and Ken!"--from the back of the "Barbie and Ken as Romeo and Juliet" box Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn ICQ #11984736 Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981006165531.11779.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: well, this is shitty (my response) -Reply Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:55:30 PDT Richard wrote: >Or shall I just post it to the list and see what you all think? Don't >mind. >Views? I think you should post it to the list. Why not? -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981006165711.3036.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG : Good news and bad news from the UK Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:57:11 PDT Derek wrote: >How odd. Last I heard, They weren't making a a single. There already is a single, actually. It just hasn't been commercially released (and might never be). -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981006171129.24068.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: finished with lies Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 10:11:29 PDT Carla Stagles wrote: >a year is a long time... but for They Might Be Giants... i'll wait >forever... And forever is certainly a long time. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981006171817.11515.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 10:18:17 PDT Gweeg wrote: > Another question: Are most TMBG fans right or left brained? >I'm very right >brained. I suck at math and computers, but i love painting and film. I think I'm more right-brained, although I'm decent at mathematics. I wouldn't say I particularly enjoy it, though. Well, parts of it are all right. > With >TMBG's strangeness I'd imagine most of their listeners would be >flakey space >cases like i am. However after the concert it seems apparent that >most are >indeed left brained computer monkeys(and kinda snooty too). Well, Their music has been described as "nerd rock." I'm not sure I agree with this, though. After all, what, exactly, IS a nerd? I mean, most people would probably see a computer-obsessed individual as "nerdy," but couldn't someone also have a nerd-like obsession with more right-brained activities? If a "nerd" is simply an obsessive person, I suppose that "nerd rock" doesn't mean that the fans would necessarily be right-brained or left-brained. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981006172648.18913.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "VoVat Quetzalcoatlus" Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 10:26:46 PDT sarah wrote: >i dunno if i'd classify myself as a "computer geek".. i'm somewhere >inbetween. >i spend a lot more time on my computer than - well, basically i'm on >it most >of the time. This doesn't necessarily make someone a "computer geek." I'd say that it depends a great deal on what you're (and when I say "you're," I'm addressing whoever is reading this, not just Sarah) doing on the computer. If you're writing programs and upgrading your system every five seconds, then you might well be a "geek." On the other hand, there's a lot you can do on a computer without actually understanding the computer itself. If you use the computer as a medium to access other stuff that isn't related to computers (like, say, the TMBG List), I don't think that would make you a computer geek. It boils the difference between an obsession with the computer itself and an obsession with what you can access through the computer, I suppose. Of course, I suppose none of this really matters, anyway. -- Nathan DinnerBell@tmbg.org http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "The puffin sipped at his herbal tea and sighed, 'You can't get the buttons these days.'" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <361A613D.5EB9715D@mail.netnitco.net> Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 13:28:13 -0500 From: Melissa Cowan Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? I'm a computer geek but I'm not angry. Just so depressed that I missed Them. I saw Them last year at the Metro but I'm broke right now. Such is the life of a college student. On the subject on right or left brained, I am almost completely in the middle with a little bit of leaning towards the right. And on a previous subject, I'm 19 and that rare breed of INFP. Melissa Gweeg@aol.com wrote: > I just saw TMBG in Chicago on Saturday. They were great but a lot of people > in the audience seemed to be uptight, disgruntled, computer geeks, somewhat > like the guy who works at the comic book store on the Simpsons. Right out of > the blue, before the show began some dwarf-like Bill Gates look alike made a > crack at my unnatural red hair. My friend was smacked in the kidneys by some > angry geekish people because he moved in front of them. Do you people > believe the average TMBG fan is an angry computer loving geek? The Johns > believe this themselves to an extent. ] > Another question: Are most TMBG fans right or left brained? I'm very right > brained. I suck at math and computers, but i love painting and film. With > TMBG's strangeness I'd imagine most of their listeners would be flakey space > cases like i am. However after the concert it seems apparent that most are > indeed left brained computer monkeys(and kinda snooty too). I was just > wondering who on this list freely admits to being a geeky computer monkey and > who admits to be a fruity space case. ------------------------------ From: mjames@khserver.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9810061923.AA01394@khserver.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: Q & TMBG Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:23:25 -0400 (EDT) > Richard wrote: > >Or shall I just post it to the list and see what you all think? Don't > >mind. > >Views? Speaking of Q Magazine, I was looking through the October issue (I think the November issues is out already and that is the one with the Severe Tire Damage review, I can't believe they've already released a November issues at the beginning of October) and I saw a review for a new Pulsars album. They have a picture of the Pulsars and in the caption it mentions something about them being or looking like They Might Be Giants. That picture reminds me a bit of a John & John photo from a few years back as well... -Matt -- Matt James mjames@khserver.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 15:40:23 -0400 Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Message-ID: <19981006.154927.9974.0.gray42@juno.com> Fruity Space Case Here, I'm about as right brained (and right handed) as you can get. Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: cambot@juno.com Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:10:44 -0400 Subject: TMBG: 10/04 - Michigan Theater review Message-ID: <19981006.161057.13622.1.Cambot@juno.com> Well, it was pretty legit, to say the least. No horns, so that kinda pissed me off, since they went everywhere with 'em. Why let Michigan not have them, I don't know. Dan Miller didn't seem to know, either, when I talked to him after the show. Here's the lowdown: Michael Shelly: Pretty good music (I bought the album & it's pretty good), but not enough energy in the performance. The crowd seemed to like him & he looked like he was having fun. He threw a gold bracelet that he found in a Motel 6 into the audience. We met him outside the theater after the show, but I didn't have the wrapper off of my CD to have him sign it, so I just talked to him for a bit. TMBG: People loved the set-up music. They were congaing in the aisles & dancing all over the place. The 3 Dans came out & played: STD theme (the Johns followed afterwards & played:) She's an Angel Doctor Worm NYC Battle for the Planet of the Apes (people won, but Flansburgh said there'd be a fight between the people & apes in the parking lot after the show) Subliminal Famous Polka Sorry I Fucked Up the Show (most likely a planned improv spot) The Guitar Sorry (version 2) Actual Size They Got Lost Older Working Undercover for the Man (great song, but the lyrics don't seem like TMBG's style) Lie Still, Little Bottle Particle Man --> Kumbaya SEXXY Spy Dan Hickey Song (they did an improv about Dan) Shoehorn CD skipping version (They said they only played it especially for their last show at the MI Theater last year, which was not true at all) Birdhouse Polk Don't Let's Start ("This song was supposed to be on STD, but we kept on fucking it up") WDTSS? Exquisite Dead Guy Mr. Tambourine Man Twisting Dig My Grave Istanbul Doctor Worm All in all, a great show, lots of cool improvs, plus, I made a B-quality tape of it! Steve! Go here. You know you want to. http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/mezzanine/2495 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Cow7451@aol.com Message-ID: <58c028d7.361a8521@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:01:21 EDT Subject: non-TMBG: my philly show dilemma Hey everyone, I've been looking forward to the Philly show from the very moment I heard about it, and had made plans to go with some friends, but as it is the concert is on a school night, and they recently informed me that they are unable to attend. Now I'm in need of some company. Yes, I know it's a mere week before the show, but I really am in need of some fellow Giantheads to go with. My plea: if, by some extraordinary coincidence, anyone on the list is around my age (16) and in my general area (Chester Springs, Downingtown, Exton, Glenmore, Malvern, West Chester, Lionville, Phoenixville, Valley Forge, Kimberton) and willing to take me aboard, please e-mail me at cow7451@aol.com. Thanks ever so much. Cheerio, Alex; Akel@tmbg.org cow7451@aol.com ICQ # 15515162 "Lick a wall just for the fun of it. If the paint is lead, you'll soon forget all your worries...and everything else." ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: <25befe4.361a8f7d@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:45:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Hate Page Im just looking, i mean, its just surprising to know that not a single soul out there hates them, cause I know for a FACT thats not true. A lot of my friends hate TMBG. I most definetly DONT hate TMBG. ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:50:16 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Yes, im a space case! ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: <7499d3e7.361a906d@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:49:33 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Now im not to sure what left and right brained means, all i know is im a very talted left hander. I can draw very well, i suck at school work, and im ver disorganized. So I dunno what all that would make me. Me "now that i have everything" ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:59:09 -0400 Subject: TMBG: Flansie and Frank Black Message-ID: <19981006.180030.9974.4.gray42@juno.com> Here's a good question. Did Flansburgh direct Frank Black's vidio "Headache"? And if so, is it on one of the bootlegs? I'd go online to check, but Netscape seems to be malfunctioning for me *Hmmmph* Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "Little David is all grown up. Too bad for the cause of Good!" --Negativland MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981006220841.6051.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Michael Fink" Subject: Re: TMBG: Who Here is Uptight? Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 15:08:39 PDT > Another question: Are most TMBG fans right or left brained? I'm very right >brained. I suck at math and computers, but i love painting and film. With >TMBG's strangeness I'd imagine most of their listeners would be flakey space >cases like i am. However after the concert it seems apparent that most are >indeed left brained computer monkeys(and kinda snooty too). I was just >wondering who on this list freely admits to being a geeky computer monkey and >who admits to be a fruity space case. > I am a computer person, and love programming, and do it almost every waking moment, aside from music and tetrinet. i am most left brained, with an intended major in mathematics and a minor in either physics, chem, or music. so if that makes me a computer monkey, so be it! mike "monkey man" fink *'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* Boycott Microsoft http://www.vcnet.com/bms *'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'* ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: <73f931d0.361a98fb@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 18:26:03 EDT Subject: TMBG: BHIYS I was wondering if anyone has HEARD the other version to Birdhouse in your soul. Here are the lyrics: Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch He watches over you Make a little birdhouse in your soul Not to put too fine a point on it Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet Make a little birdhouse in your soul I have a secret to tell Out when you're all by yourself There's a time when even you get up and leave your nothing to dwell I don't want to talk about that And no one listens to that But for the one who does, and she's the one you worry about Don't you say anything If you have anything to do with it Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch He watches over you Make a little birdhouse in your soul Not to put too fine a point on it Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet Make a little birdhouse in your soul I'd like to cover the earth With a fresh-baked yummy dessert People couldn't live in it, but I think it's worth the money and hurt 'Cause I couldn't tolerate All the empty places in the world Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch He watches over you Make a little birdhouse in your soul Not to put too fine a point on it Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet Make a little birdhouse in your soul Make a little birdhouse in your soul I don't feel thirty Give me something to write on I don't feel three hundred Give me something to write on -me ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:18:58 -0400 (EDT) From: "(*)" Subject: Re: TMBG: BHIYS Message-ID: no way! i have never heard that one. do you have it on tape? it doesn't completely work, though. On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 TMBGibs@aol.com wrote: > I was wondering if anyone has HEARD the other version to Birdhouse in your > soul. Here are the lyrics: > Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch > He watches over you > Make a little birdhouse in your soul > Not to put too fine a point on it > Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet > Make a little birdhouse in your soul > > I have a secret to tell > Out when you're all by yourself > There's a time when even you get up and leave your nothing to dwell > I don't want to talk about that > And no one listens to that > But for the one who does, and she's the one you worry about > Don't you say anything > If you have anything to do with it > > Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch > He watches over you > Make a little birdhouse in your soul > Not to put too fine a point on it > Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet > Make a little birdhouse in your soul > > I'd like to cover the earth > With a fresh-baked yummy dessert > People couldn't live in it, but I think it's worth the money and hurt > 'Cause I couldn't tolerate > All the empty places in the world > > Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch > He watches over you > Make a little birdhouse in your soul > Not to put too fine a point on it > Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet > Make a little birdhouse in your soul > > Make a little birdhouse in your soul > > I don't feel thirty > Give me something to write on > I don't feel three hundred > Give me something to write on > > -me > ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <5527f648.361aa58c@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:19:40 EDT Subject: TMBG: tmbg on live in toronto eh, i just got this on tape. tmbg on cfny... it was only like.. um, 15 minutes. i already don't remember anything they talked about other than flans directing harvey danger's new video, and the idiot interviewer talking about how sexxy made them a big #1 hit band in canada (what the fuck? )... so um. anyway... if any of ya completists need this... i also have modern rock live as well. ~sarah ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:23:36 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: BHIYS In a message dated 10/6/98 7:22:32 PM, oflint@sophia.smith.edu writes: >no way! i have never heard that one. do you have it on tape? it doesn't >completely work, though. > > > i'm pretty sure it's on *power of dial a song* or one of those tapes. ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:43:02 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: BHIYS Yes, I do have that version on tape :)! Its REALLY cool. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard it before. ME!!!!! "it was totaly rocking" ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 17:37:28 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: BHIYS Message-ID: <19981006.175825.11190.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> where'd you hear that version? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: <73f992b9.361aafb4@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:03:00 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: BHIYS A friend of mine (who REALLY hates TMBG) had it on tape (a long w/ some other TMBG songs) got it from his cousin (who i have NO clue where he got it from) for a gift, and he said all the songs sucked so he gave it to ME ;) Me "when your following an angel" ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: <6508d396.361ab220@aol.com> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 20:13:20 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: BHIYS nope, its not from a concert ------------------------------ From: Phil Jackson Message-Id: <199810070222.WAA00607@angels.heaven.net> Subject: TMBG: request Dr. Worm Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:21:01 -0400 Hey everyone....Is there anybody out there just like me, watching the shitty videos on total request just to see if Dr. Worm will be played?? Well i decided to take some effort myself tonight and request the video about 100 times...but sadly enough i proabably don't outweigh all those backdoor boys out there so i thought that this should be brought up here...hows about everyone gets on mtv online and goes and fills out the total request thingy a few times (for TMBG of course)...then maybe one of these days I'll actually get to see my John's on the tube!! thanks a bunch! ~Eric "Action" Jackson~ [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Phil Jackson Message-Id: <199810070224.WAA00732@angels.heaven.net> Subject: TMBG: whoops Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:23:16 -0400 Oh yeah i forgot to add that I'm also adding the total request thing to my web page so that you can access it directly from my page, http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Underground/4117 ~Eric "Action" Jackson~ [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003601bdf19f$4d44f1e0$fa276520@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: Re: TMBG: BHIYS Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 23:05:10 -0400 >> I was wondering if anyone has HEARD the other version to Birdhouse in your >> soul. It's an old dial-a-song version of the song. Sarah was right, it's on Power of Dial-a-Song. Amy :) ***Insert Obligatory Signature File Here*** ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981007031130.11233.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: John Pic Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 20:11:29 PDT Does anyone still have a link to that pic of Linnel's head in front of the oranges? I need to use that pic for something. I think it was "Apples and Oranges", or something of the like... ----"I'm 30 years old, Mom! I'm almost a full grown man!"---- "These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it anymore" Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000d01bdf1a9$6b2696a0$8ec608d1@idiotnot.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansie and Frank Black Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 00:17:36 -0400 :Here's a good question. : :Did Flansburgh direct Frank Black's vidio "Headache"? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that Flansburgh did "Los Angeles" and "Hang on to Your Ego." His directorial repertoire includes: Frank Black -- "Los Angeles", "Hang on to Your Ego" Soul Coughing -- not sure which Ben Folds Five -- "Song for the Dumped" Mono Puff -- "The Devil Went Down To Newport" They Might Be Giants -- "Rabid Child", "Dr.. Worm" If you haven't seen the Rabid Child video, don't despair, neither have I. Supposedly it was shot using a VHS camera in and around Linnell's apartment. It shows TMBG participating in many famous conspiracies (planting a bloody glove, being on the grassy knoll, etc.) Jack Bergeron, idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org "Someday, somebody else besides me will call me by my stage name."--Doctor Worm http://www.tmbg.org/~bluedawg/ ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 00:28:59 EDT Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansie and Frank Black In a message dated 10/7/98 12:20:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, idiotnot@visi.net writes: << They Might Be Giants -- "Rabid Child", "Dr.. Worm"<< Don't forget "The Guitar" >> If you haven't seen the Rabid Child video, don't despair, neither have I. Supposedly it was shot using a VHS camera in and around Linnell's apartment. It shows TMBG participating in many famous conspiracies (planting a bloody glove, being on the grassy knoll, etc.) >> I heard it was just Flans opening and closing a door and looking dreamily into the camera. Besides, wouldn't the bloody glove incident happen a few years AFTER they made the video? Also, Flans is currently directing a Harvey Danger video. Don't remember the name.. Jordan ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 22:31:58 -0600 Subject: Re: TMBG: Flansie and Frank Black Message-ID: <19981006.223204.3614.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Frank Black -- "Los Angeles", "Hang on to Your Ego" >Soul Coughing -- not sure which i believe it was "soundtrack to mary" which i had running through my head the entire time i watched "there's something about mary" take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html http://members.tripod.com/~tmbgirl/index.html ::::Eagle Eye Cherry Tomorrow:::: 3rd time :) ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #11-7 *****************************