Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #12-13 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 12, Number 13 Friday, 13 November 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: MIDI's (thank) TMBG: CHILDREN'S ALBUM!!!?? Re: TMBG: CHILDREN'S ALBUM!!!?? Re: TMBG: CHILDREN'S ALBUM!!!?? TMBG: TMBG's big break? TMBG: Video project Re: TMBG: Video project Re: TMBG: Video project Re: TMBG: Video project TMBG: MTV TMBG: Catalog TMBG: New Person Here! Re: TMBG: HHGTTG-Salmon of Doubt? TMBG: you people... TMBG: off topic, but funny TMBG: Visual Discography Re: TMBG: Visual Discography Re: TMBG: Video project Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 23:23:44 -0800 Subject: Re: TMBG: MIDI's (thank) Message-ID: <19981111.233821.6414.2.jnielsen69@juno.com> From: jnielsen69@juno.com (Josh Nielsen) I'm glad I could help! If anyone has any MIDIs, or comes across any that aren't in my list, please let me know. Thanks! Josh Nielsen jnielsen69@juno.com http://www.angelfire.com/or/jnielsen/ http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/4091 ICQ #1337243 "A poor man once told me that he can't afford to speak" - TMBG ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Gweeg@aol.com Message-ID: <701fcc52.364a9737@aol.com> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 03:07:19 EST Subject: TMBG: CHILDREN'S ALBUM!!!?? Ok so they want to make a children's album. I have no problem with John and John doing whatever they want. But I always seem to hear about how they want to be taken more seriously. An album full of chidren's songs ain't gonna help any! Would they play songs from it at concerts? Will their concerts in the future be overun by toddlers? I hope that Linnell and Flansburgh do make a children's album together, but I kinda hope it doesnt carry the name They Might Be Giants. I wanna know you kids' responses! But dont be callin between four and five...THATS WILLIE"S TIME! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 05:14:58 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: CHILDREN'S ALBUM!!!?? Message-ID: <19981112.051459.16622.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. flansburgh married a woman with two (?) children. linnell's is en route. seeing as how family life has recently been a major focusing point for both Johns, it seems that logically there would be some reflection of this in their music. I really doubt that we'll get some Barneyesque album or see the Johns on Lambchop's Play Along. When you think about it, a lot of there songs have had a large appeal to a younger audience. i can easily see them putting out an album that would appeal to that market. they've also said countless times that he do what they have to to pay the bills. i'm sure linnell wouldn't mind taking the money he makes off a children's album and say putting into a college fund for his kid. i basically equate it to a band by the name of Trout Fishing In America. they have a very large children's following, but at the same time they produce albums for an adult audience as well. Both are very successful. So that's my say. i've got to go back to writing a paper. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ Philly Tour Dates Dec. 12 - The Bouncing Souls "is that the only decent show around here?" - fred "well, there's alway kiss on the 21st." - adam ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <95238525.364ae69d@aol.com> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:46:05 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: CHILDREN'S ALBUM!!!?? In a message dated 11/12/98 5:16:18 AM, superman75@juno.com writes: > >flansburgh married a woman with two (?) children. no, that's a rumour that's even i think been debunked by flans. sarah ------------------------------ From: MatFoley99@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:59:52 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG's big break? Wow, have I got some good news for you! I happen to be a member of the BMG music club or whatever, and so I get like a catologue-thingy of a bunch of music that they want me to buy. So, I'm looking through this, and what do I see? Nothing less than an entire They Might Be Giants section, along with a little diddy hyping them. Exciting stuff. So, all you people out there wanting the Johns to make the big time, you're dreams have come true, or at least are about to :) Peace out yo, Chris "That guy you didn't even know was on the list" Brannan ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:39:44 -0500 (EST) From: "Martin J. Burke" Subject: TMBG: Video project Message-ID: Hello, I was condidering purchasing some videos from the guy at http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm. does anyone have any prior experience in dealing with this guy/girl. I would like to know what your experiences are. Am I just going to lose my 6 bucks? Marty "Hey kid...that's a nerdy name." Burke ------------------------------ Message-ID: <364B44E5.E04C0521@tmbg.org> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:28:21 -0500 From: Chris Campbell Subject: Re: TMBG: Video project RUSS IS A GOD!!! ALL THE VIDEOS ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY! -Chris "Feeny" Campbell --Chris Feeny's "Kinda Dumb" Radio ON AIR! http://www.mix-net.net/~ccampbell/RA/radio.ra "Martin J. Burke" wrote: > Hello, I was condidering purchasing some videos from the guy at > http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm. does anyone have any > prior experience in dealing with this guy/girl. I would like to know what > your experiences are. Am I just going to lose my 6 bucks? > > Marty "Hey kid...that's a nerdy name." Burke ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:15:52 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Video project Message-ID: <19981112.151627.9998.0.gray42@juno.com> Heh, that's Russ isn't it, well if it is, I say GO FOR IT!!! I've already gotten the first 2 vidio bootlegs, and they are quite fantastic, and really cheap. Not only that, but both vidios arrived within a week of ordering them (I live in Florida BTW), now that's what I call dern good service :D Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "It's like being the world's tallest midget." --Flansburgh MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:15:52 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Video project Message-ID: <19981112.151824.9998.1.gray42@juno.com> Heh, that's Russ isn't it, well if it is, I say GO FOR IT!!! I've already gotten the first 2 vidio bootlegs, and they are quite fantastic, and really cheap. Not only that, but both vidios arrived within a week of ordering them (I live in Florida BTW), now that's what I call dern good service :D Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "It's like being the world's tallest midget." --Flansburgh MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981112155930.009102a0@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:59:30 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: MTV I know there has been some online MTV stuff floating around, but I don't know if this has been brought to the attention of the list yet. If it has, I apologize. You can all cane me. http://www.mtv.com/mtv/sendme.cgi?/news/gallery/t/tmbgfeature.html --J'son-- ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:38:27 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Catalog Message-ID: <19981112.174637.8678.3.gray42@juno.com> Yeah I got my catalog in the mail today, and how very vibrant it is too! Hey, I've every right for excitement, it's my 2nd one :P. Is it just me, or isn't that pic of Flans in the ski hat hilarious, especially with that quote "The above badge DOES come attached to the hat" *hyuk* Oh glee Chanukah is on it's way, hey hey. Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "It's like being the world's tallest midget." --Flansburgh MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: New Person Here! Message-ID: <19981112.194721.7543.2.sailormorningstar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Celeste A Majetic) Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:50:32 EST Hello Everyone, I'm new to this list....so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Karen, and I have been A TMBG crazed person since...well...um...July. One of my crazier friends introduced me to them, and I have been obsessed ever since. The first Album I ever heard by them was Apollo 18...(I love the song The Statue Got Me High.....it is truly an awesome song!)....They came to town this summer also....but....to my own misery I missed it! Hopefully they'll come again, huh? Anyway.....I think we should start some trouble with MTV for not playing their videos. FRAGGIN' COMMUNISTS! Do you believe I have never seen one!...(save the little pieces on the internet.) I've heard that they're videos are played on M2, (very rarely), but I don't have M2! It's not fair! Oh..and on the subject Of Douglas Adams...Even though I believe that Mostly Harmless...So Long And Thanks For All The Fish, and Life The Universe and Everything were good books.....NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO THE FIRST AND SECOND BOOK....they are the best. Okie....I'll stop rambling now. -Karen aka Celeste :P (CRAZED TMBG FAN) ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 19:52:42 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: HHGTTG-Salmon of Doubt? Message-ID: <19981112.195531.4318.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:59:34 -0600 Mitchell Harding writes: >At 02:18 PM 11/11/98 -0700, you wrote: >>Ummm, not to burst anyone's bubbles, but ever since I heard of >"Salmon of Doubt" It has been a Dirk Gently novel. As far as I know it's been >out for a little while. I may be wrong (but I would doubt it as I learned of >>Salmon a while ago). If I am wrong, I'll sit here and eat my cookies >and smile. If I am right, I'll sit here and eat my cookies and smile. >>However, I will enjoy the cookies more if I am right :-) > >I believe this was addressed before. > >I recall someone saying that Adams had originally intended the book to >be a Gently novel, but found that it fit the Hitchhiker's series better. > >I could be wrong or harfed in the head. Nope... you're right although I feel a bit out of place answering this (I've only seen the movie *duck*) but I was searching Douglas Adams fan sites for info on the trilogy (my friend thought it was an actual triolgy and I was out to prove him wrong) and I found info that said Adams started writing the book at first as a Dirk Gently novel... but then decided it would suit Arthur better.... I have no idea when it will be released.. Young Tim, plays it safe Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Racist Friend Sampladelic remix Last CD purchase: Ivy - Apartment Life (VERY GOOD!) Favorite mainstream song: You get What You Give - New Radicals > >Harf, >Mitch >http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~mitcharf/index.html > >"I often feel that my life would be much easier if I were allowed to >pass >out scripts to the main characters occasionally" >- Unknown to me -- if you know who said this, let me know > ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: TMBGibs@aol.com Message-ID: <9f3f51a8.364b8fc5@aol.com> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:47:49 EST Subject: TMBG: you people... You people are obsessed. Me... Movies and more movies! ShadowCulture's Mr. C... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <364B8D46.3074898E@earthlink.net> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:37:10 -0800 From: KenL Subject: TMBG: off topic, but funny This was forwarded to the Belle and Sebastian List and although it's off-topic, it was just too funny to not pass on.. > > > >> > >>1998 Darwin Awards > >> > >>They have finally been released! > >> > >>For those not familiar with the Darwin Award - It's an annual honor > >>given to the person who did the universal human gene pool the biggest > >>service by getting killed in the most extraordinarily stupid way. As > >>always, competition this year has been keen again. Some candidates > >>appear to have trained their whole lives for this event. > >> > >>The Darwin Awards Nominees: > >> > >> 1. In September in Detroit, a 41-year-old man got stuck and > >>drowned in two feet of water after squeezing head first through an > >>18-inch wide sewer grate to retrieve his car keys. > >> > >> 2. In October, a 49-year-old San Francisco stockbroker, who "totally > >>zoned when he ran," according to his wife, accidentally jogged off a > >>200-foot high cliff on his daily run. > >> > >> 3. Buxton, NC: A man died on a beach when an 8-foot-deep hole he had > >>dug into the sand caved in as he sat inside it. Beachgoers said > >>Daniel Jones, > >>21, dug the hole for fun, or protection from the wind, and had been > >>sitting in a beach chair at the bottom Thursday afternoon when it > >>collapsed, burying him beneath 5 feet of sand. People on the beach, > >>on the > >>outer banks, used their hands and shovels, trying to claw their way to > >>Jones, a resident of Woodbridge,VA, but could not reach him. > >> > >>It took rescue workers using heavy equipment almost an hour to free > >>him while about 200 people looked on. Jones was pronounced dead at a > >>hospital. > >> > >> 4. In February, Santiago Alvarado, 24, was killed in Lompoc, CA, as > >>he fell face-first through the ceiling of a bicycle shop he was > >>burglarizing. > >> > >>Death was caused when the long flashlight he had placed in his mouth > >>(to keep his hands free) rammed into the base of his skull as he hit > >>the floor. > >> > >> 5. According to police in Dahlonega, GA, ROTC cadet Nick Berrena, > >>20, was stabbed to death in January by fellow cadet Jeffrey Hoffman, > >>23 who was trying to prove that a knife could not penetrate the flak > >>vest Berrena was wearing. > >> > >> 6. Sylvester Briddell, Jr., 26, was killed in February in > >>Selbyville, Del., as he won a bet with friends who said he would not > >>put a revolver loaded with four bullets into his mouth and pull the > >>trigger. > >> > >> 7. In February, according to police in Windsor, Ont., Daniel Kolta, > >>27, and Randy Taylor, 33, died in a head-on collision, thus earning a > >>tie in the game of chicken they were playing with their snowmobiles. > >> > >> 8. AUGUSTA, ME - Four people were injured in a string of bizarre > >>accidents. > >> > >>Sherry Moeller was admitted with a head wound caused by flying > >masonry= > >>, > >>Tim Vegas was diagnosed with a mild case of whiplash and cuts on his > >>chest, arms and face, > >>Bryan Corcoran suffered torn gum tissue, > >>and Pamela Klesick's first two fingers of her right hand had been > >>bitten off. > >> > >>Moeller had just dropped her husband off for his first day of work > >>and, in addition to a good-bye kiss, she flashed her breasts at him. > >>"I'm still not sure why I did it," she said later. "I was really close > >>to the car, so I didn't think anyone would see. Besides, it couldn't > >>have been for more than two seconds." However, cab driver Vegas did > >>see, and lost control of > >>his cab, running over the curb and into the corner of the Johnson > >>Medical > >>Building. Inside, Klesick, a dental technician, was cleaning > >>Corcoran's teeth. The crash of the cab against the building made her > >>jump, tearing Corcoran's gums with a cleaning pick. In shock, he bit > >>down, severing two fingers from Klesick's hand. Moeller's wound was > >>caused by a falling piece of the medical building. > >> > >> 9. TAOS, NM - A woman went to a poison control center after eating > >>three birth-control vaginal inserts. Her English was so bad she had to > >>draw a picture describing how she believed she had poisoned herself. A > >>translator > >>arrived shortly thereafter and confirmed doctors' suspicions. Marie > >>Valishnokov thought the inserts were some kind of candy or gum, being > >>unable to read the foil wrappers. After the third one, she realized > >>something was wrong when her throat and mouth began to fill with a > >>sour-tasting foam. She ran for the Poison Control Center, only a few > >>blocks away where doctors were able to flush the foam from her mouth, > >>throat, and stomach with no ill effects. > >> > >> 10. TACOMA, WA - Kerry Bingham, had been drinking with several > >>friends when one of them said they knew a person who had > >>bungee-jumped from the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in the middle of traffic. > >>The conversation grew more heated and a least 10 men trooped along > >>the walkway of the bridge at 4:30 a.m. > >>Upon arrival at the midpoint of the bridge they discovered that no > >>one had > >>brought bungee rope. Bingham, who had continued drinking, volunteered > >>and pointed out that a coil of cable had been left near the railing. > >>Bingham's > >>leg and the other end was tied to the bridge. > >> > >>His fall lasted 40 feet before the cable tightened and tore his foot > >>off at the ankle. He miraculously survived his fall into the icy > >>river water > >>and was rescued by two nearby fishermen. "All I can say,"said > >>Bingham, "is that God was watching out for me on that night. There's > >>just no other explanation for it." Bingham's foot was never located. > >> > >> 11. On February 3, 1990, a Renton, Washington man tried to commit a > >>robbery. This was probably his first attempt, as suggested by the fact > >>that he had no previous record of violent crime, and by his terminally > >>stupid choices as listed below: > >>1. The target was H&J Leather & Firearms, a gun shop; > >>2. The shop was full of customers, in a state where a > >>substantial portion of the adult population is licensed to carry > >>concealed handguns in public > >> places; > >>3. To enter the shop, he had to step around a marked patrol car > >>parked at the front door; > >>4. An officer in uniform was standing next to the counter, > >>having coffee before reporting to duty. Upon seeing the officer, > >>the would-be robber announced a holdup and fired a few wild shots. > >>The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, removing him > >>from the gene pool. Several other customers also drew their guns, > >>but didn't fire. No one else was hurt. > >> > >> 12. In France, Jacques LeFevrier left nothing to chance when he > >>decided to commit suicide. He stood at the top of a tall cliff and > >>tied a noose around his neck. He tied the other end of the rope to a > >>large rock. He drank some poison and set fire to his clothes. He even > >>tried to shoot himself at the last moment. He jumped and fired the > >>pistol. > >> > >>The bullet missed him completely and cut through the rope above him. > >>Free of the threat of hanging, he plunged into the sea. The sudden > >>dunking extinguished the flames and made him vomit the poison. He was > >>dragged out of the water by a kind fisherman, and was taken to > >>hospital, where he died - of hypothermia. > >> > >>DARWIN AWARD HONORABLE MENTIONS > >> (1) In Guthrie, Okla., in October, Jason Heck tried to kill a > >>millipede with a shot from his .22-caliber rifle, but the bullet > >>ricocheted off a rock near the hole and hit pal Antonio Martinez in > >>the head, fracturing his skull. > >> > >> (2) In Elyria, Ohio, in October, Martyn Eskins, attempting to clean > >>outc obwebs in his basement, declined to use a broom in favor of a > >>propane torch and caused a fire that burned the first and second > >>floors of his house. > >> > >> (3) Paul Stiller, 47, was hospitalized in Andover Township, NJ, in > >>September, and his wife Bonnie was also injured, by a quarter-stick of > >>dynamite that blew up in their car. While around at 2 AM, the bored > >>couple > >>lit the dynamite and tried to toss it out the window to see what would > >>happen, but they apparently failed to notice that the window was > >closed= > >>. > >> > >>AND THE WINNER IS.... Japan Times -- April 16, 1997 > >> > >>"The government must crack down on this disgusting craze of > >>'Pumping'", a spokesman for the Nakhon Ratchasima hospital told > >>reporters. "If this > >>perversion catches on, it will destroy the cream of Thailand's > >>manhood." > >> > >>He was speaking after the remains of 13 year-old Charnchai > >>Puanmuangpak had been rushed into the hospital's emergency room. "Most > >> 'Pumpers' use a > >>standard bicycle pump," he explained, "inserting the nozzle far up > >>their rectum, giving themselves a rush of air, creating a momentary > >>high. This act is a sin against God." > >> > >>It appears that the young Charnchai took it further still. He started > >>using a two-cylinder foot pump, but even that wasn't exciting enough > >>for him, so he boasted to friends that he was going to try the > >>compressed air > >>hose at a nearby gasoline station. They dared him to do it, so, under > >>cover of darkness, he snuck in. Not realizing how powerful the machine > >>was, he inserted the tube deep into his rectum, and placed a coin in > >>the slot. As a result, he died virtually instantly, leaving passers-by > >>still in shock. > >>One woman thought she was watching a twilight fireworks display, and > >>started clapping. > >>"We still haven't located all of him", say the police authorities. > >>"When that quantity of air interacted with the gas in his system, he > >>nearly exploded. It was like an atom bomb went off or something." > >> > >>"Pumping is the devil's pastime, and we must all say no to Satan," > >>Ratchasima concluded. "Inflate your tires by all means, but then hide > >>your bicycle pump where it cannot tempt you." > >> > >>Let's hear it for Charnchai Puanmuangpak, the NEW 1998 undisputed > >>Darwin Award recipient! > > Cheers, KL ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981112223923.007fd600@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:39:23 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Visual Discography Yay! The visual discography at http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ is back up. Oh, and Destin, are you having problems uploading? I've tried updating one of my sites on Xoom and keep getting a "read only file system" error. -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:53:46 -0500 From: Destin Berthelot Subject: Re: TMBG: Visual Discography Message-id: <364BAD4A.5E9CDD2@rollins.edu> As a matter of fact, I *am* having trouble uploading. I got the same read-only message for a while, then finally was able to upload some stuff, like the new house of mayors page. Unfortunately, I just discovered the upload of the full-size images of said CD didn't take, and now it's read-only again. Poop. But hey, everything else seems to be working... now if it could just continue to at least exist, I'd almost forgive the rest... Adam Tyner wrote: > > Yay! The visual discography at http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ is > back up. > > Oh, and Destin, are you having problems uploading? I've tried updating one > of my sites on Xoom and keep getting a "read only file system" error. > > -Adam > -- > /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ > http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/ > http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ > He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Destin Berthelot | "All persons, http://fox.rollins.edu/~dberthelot/ | living or dead, | are purely They Might Be Giants Visual Discography: | coincidental." http://members.xoom.com/theymightbe/ | -Kurt Vonnegut ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Subject: Re: TMBG: Video project Message-ID: <19981112.235553.8063.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:57:27 EST My suggestion: shell out the extra two bucks for the higher quality tapes. Russ is always true to his word (I have all the videos and I love them all). You have nothing to fear. I say order the tapes. Russ is the MAN!! Derek "What is everyone staring at?" >Hello, I was condidering purchasing some videos from the guy at >http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/7158/tmbg.htm. does anyone have any >prior experience in dealing with this guy/girl. I would like to know what your >experiences are. Am I just going to lose my 6 bucks? ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #12-13 ******************************