Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #12-26 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 12, Number 26 Friday, 27 November 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #12-25 TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #12-25 re: TMBG: old-school list folk TMBG: Happy Thanksgiving! Re: TMBG: Happy Thanksgiving! TMBG: Linnell... TMBG: Re: trillian...quote Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: misterklaw@tmbg.org Message-Id: <199811260831.DAA12915@fh106.infi.net> Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 03:33:22 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #12-25 > Well, I've been on the list pretty much since its start, back around > 1990 or so (it's been so long, it's hard to remember), when there were > maybe a few dozen subscribers. Alright, that was technically a different > list; this incarnation started a few months after Micah's version died, > only to be resurrected in its present form (much to the relief of a > bunch of panicked listees who had been trading panicked email looking > for a new forum). Straight up. I have been on since about 92 I guess... Those were the good old days. I haven't posted in about 3.5 years I guess... it certainly is a different list these years.... for better or for worse. There was that one period after the Micah list finally died... when that guy (for the life of me I can't remember his name... I am tired) carried on a psuedo-list personally. That was really cool of him. I hate to say it, but I long for the list of yore. -j ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 08:42:34 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #12-25 Message-ID: <19981126.084312.18558.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >There was that one period after the Micah list finally died... when >that guy (for the life of me I can't remember his name... I am tired) >carried on a psuedo-list personally. That was really cool of him. why did i get the impression that it was jonbob? (aka jonathan chaffer) :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199811262235.OAA18409@geocities.com> From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: re: TMBG: old-school list folk Date: 26 Nov 98 14:33:57 Pacific Standard Time > **--------- Original Message follows... >> yay! we delurked someone! :) > > Something like that. I've not been subscribed to the list for most of > that time - like 3yrs 9mos. I used to post quite a bit back in the > day... but I don't think anyone is around from that era. Anybody out > there been around since '94 or '95? > > Farside Oo! Oo! I was here... though not so ancient as Nicole The Wonder Nerd or Queen Sneepy, per se, I was around during the days of our dear departed Mike Leffel, the BEGINNING of the OMLTs, and the "Marilyn Hanson" thread... Download Neoplanet at http://www.neoplanet.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: OHLERT@accuwx.com Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:58:51 +0000 (GMT) Subject: TMBG: Happy Thanksgiving! Message-id: <01J4NA72GNHE938908@accuwx.com> Organization: AccuWeather, Inc Hey Everyone, Just wanted to say a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on the list. Today we give thanks for: -John and John, of course -On topic threads -Off topic threads -All list members, current and old (yes, even Mike Leffel) -The miracle of music -Your shoe size -(add your special sentiment here...) Happy Thanksgiving, again! Peter ohlert@juno.com ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:05:27 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Happy Thanksgiving! Message-ID: <19981126.190544.10054.0.gray42@juno.com> Hey, I had a Flansburgh filled Turkey Day. Well my family started talking about a chemical found in turkeys and milk, and that's tryptophan, and how it causes you to calm down and feel sleepy. Well I took this opportunity to play the Mono Puff song "Tryptophane", for my family. Well that was my Thank John time. Mysterio Gal (stuffed) "It's like being the world's tallest midget." --Flansburgh MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Linnell... Message-ID: <19981126.224727.4743.0.sailormorningstar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Celeste A Majetic) Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:50:04 EST >Let me just say I have a thing for nerdy (please don't hit me :), dark, >metaphorical, anorexic guys who can sing... and look great in tight >clothes :P Believe me, I think flansie-pooh is absolutely adourable, but >I really am the Linnell type. -Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) hehehe...we have a lot in common...the last four guys I liked were skinny, and complete nerds....But that's why I loved them....Do you know what else is great...artsy guys...they are really cute too! >what i am driving at here is that linnell is a very >attractive person, and the sense of embarrassment i got from karen's >original letter was unneeded. It basically stems from my friends...they think he's a nerd....and they make fun of me. Which causes me to act embarrassed. To say the least..my friends aren't exactly TMBG fans....but THE HELL WITH THEM...they are wrong. >uh, okay. teenybopper mode=on It's ok to act teenybopper once and a while....sometimes you can't help it! >just added to the number of factors that made me feel my age >(i.e. 15) at the concerts. i was up in the front row and everyone around me >was over twenty and FAR cooler than me, and to add to that, i just couldn't >help thinking over and over, "my GOD is he cute!" which was, in my >estimation, a very middleschool way to react, in contrast with the calm >coolness surrounding me. I'm 17 and believe me...I know how you feel.....but it's OK to think like that...It's not immature, or a middle school way to act..it's just a common reaction! I bet you a lot of the people around you were thinking the same thing. And may I add...that you are so lucky...I have yet to see them in concert, and cant wait for my opportunity! Can I just say one thing....why is it that...(and this is just a stereotype not all people are like this.) most people who are older always regard younger people as immature....I just want to say that, that is not true in all cases....sure I can be crazy at times. But, you have to have a little fun once and a while! -Karen aka Celeste :P "Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed, Mis-Understanding All You See." -John Lennon....another fab John L! "I don't want the world, I just want your half." -From 'Ana Ng' ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981127062706.25529.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: Re: trillian...quote Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:27:04 PST >>>In the Books Trillian is a brunette.....I said this before... >>Yeah, but it's not TRUE science fiction until it's purple or green. >Yes...but who from earth tends to have purple or green hair. > Old women, Punk rockers, clowns, that kid I saw in the mall the other day, that girl that was with him, various people I've seen at amusment parks, carnies, sideshow freaks, single parents, PEOPLE IN TRUE SCIENCE FICTION FLICKS... Welome to the wonderous world of hair coloring! "Shit. Everything's shit. The only thing that isn't shitty, is sleep." - "Cemetery Man" "Generals gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses. Evil minds that plot destruction, Sorcerers of death construction. In the feilds a body's burning, as the war machine keeps turning. Death and hatred to mankind, poisoning their brainwashed minds. Oh, Lord Yeah!" --Black Sabbath, "War Pigs", Original Lyrics (Paranoid) "Witches gathered at black masses, bodies burning in red ashes. On the hill a church in ruins, is the scene of evil doin's. It's the place for all bad sinners, watch them eating dead rat dinners. I guess it's the same, Wherever you may go. Oh, Lord Yeah!" --Ozzy Osbourne, "War Pigs", Alternate Lyrics (the Ozzman Cometh) "Finished with my woman, cause she couldn't help me with my mind. people think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time. All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy. Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify." --Ozzy Osbourne & Black Sabbath, "Paranoid", Only Lyrics (unless there's a parody...) Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://profiles.yahoo.com/LeChuck/ ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #12-26 ******************************