Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #12-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 12, Number 27 Saturday, 28 November 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: xerox...scarecrow Re: TMBG: Linnell... TMBG: Flans Re: TMBG: Flans TMBG: Drive-by TMBGing... TMBG: Superman as Flans pic Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Subject: TMBG: xerox...scarecrow Message-ID: <19981127.022708.7551.0.sailormorningstar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Celeste A Majetic) Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 02:29:46 EST >There is the Xerox shop references, i.e. >"My panacea's in a xerox shop" (Snowball in Hell) and >"I got a crush / copy shop clerk" (Sleeping in the Flowers) I was just listening to 'Snowball In Hell' off of Lincoln and noticed another reference. It isn't written in the lyrics, for some reason...but if you listen flans says. "My fantasy is in a Xerox shop." after "Have a nice day, you want it when? have a nice day....." Im so amazed I noticed this! It really makes you wonder, huh? My whole perspective on the song just changed. "If it wasn't for disapointment, I wouldn't have any appointments." Also.................. >Where your eyes don't go a filthy scarecrow waves his broomstick arms >and does a parody of each unconscious thing you do >When you turn around and look he's gone behind you on his face he's >wearing your confused expression where your eyes don't go >Pure genius. What did you expect from none other than the John's themselves. Because afterall........ "Your Money talks, but they're genius walks" -Karen aka Celeste :P "Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed, Mis-Understanding All You See." -John Lennon....another fab John L! "I don't want the world, I just want your half." -From 'Ana Ng' ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: LinnellLvr@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:52:51 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Linnell... Heh...why is it I can never seem to stay away from posts concerning Mr. Linnell and his looks?? I gotta agree with Karen and Mysterio Gal here. Since I was kneehigh to a grasshopper (and I'm not far past now...16 in January), I have ALWAYS gone for really skinny, somewhat geeky guys. And I've often found that those are the guys who are the nicest, sweetest, and overall best guys for me. I still hold the torch highest for Mr. Linnell, however. Since Christmas Day 1997, the day I first joined the ranks of Giantheads, I have adored him, and I still think he's the hottest guy I've ever seen. My friends, of course, disagree. To this day, I still remember the day I showed his picture to two of my friends. One of them immediately began making barfing sounds, the other screeched, then calmed down when she saw me giving her an icy glare, and then said, "Well, Leslie, it's like you always say, to each his own." Yeah, that's true. To each his own. To quote Karen, "To say the least..my friends aren't exactly TMBG fans....but THE HELL WITH THEM...they are wrong". I say, let my friends have their Brad Pitts and their Leonardo DiCaprios. They're handsome, sure, but I bet they're not nearly as intelligent, deep, and HUMAN as Mr. Linnell. As for the teeny-bopper thing...don't worry. As my best friend knows all too well, when I'm watching my TMBG tapes, I will start talking to the TV. Wait, scratch that. Make that talking, screaming, sighing, and basically doing stuff I would NEVER do in front of Mr. Linnell. Well, I guess it's a good thing that I get all that stuff out now, because whenever I see TMBG in concert for the first time, I highly doubt my fellow concert-goers would appreciate my drooling on their shoes. ^_^ Just kidding, I don't think I'd go THAT far...but I probably would be a Leslie Puddle by evening's end. Well, that's my .02 yen. Sorry if I rambled about Mr. Linnell. Just for the record, he is NOT my favorite John. He and Mr. Flansburgh are both #1 in my book. Put a post up about Mr. Flansburgh, and I'll probably ramble on that just like I did here, and just like I did on my web sites. Anyway, thanks for reopening the sex god post...I always love responding to these things. ^_- Leslie, who probably needs to seriously rethink her grip on reality...no wait! I never had one to begin with! ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:23:24 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Flans Message-ID: <19981127.142357.12014.0.gray42@juno.com> Hmmm, ok, lately I've really been into the Batman Superman adventures (cartoon) lately. Ok, does anyone else see the similarity between Clark Kent and Flansburgh. I.E. Clark Kent was a happy-go-lucky maniac with Flans style glasses and a square guitar, smoking jacket, no tie... Mysterio Gal (who does realize she is VERY silly) "It's like being the world's tallest midget." --Flansburgh MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 19:17:07 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Flans In a message dated 98-11-27 14:36:36 EST, gray42@juno.com writes: > Ok, does anyone else see the similarity between Clark > Kent and Flansburgh. Actually... I'm working on TMBG Action Figures... and Flans is none other than an Animated Clark Kent... Tee hee... ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981128004956.10243.rocketmail@send102.yahoomail.com> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:49:56 -0800 (PST) From: Ethuilcalen Subject: TMBG: Drive-by TMBGing... Hi all! Was shopping in the mall on the busiest day of the year, and went into American Eagle Outfitters, and while I was looking around, the in-store music system played 'Santa's Beard'! I almost couldn't believe my ears! :) Okie, back to normal...:p == The Quote of the Day Brought to you by the Cerulean Blue Wierdo: Hige sceal pe heardra, heorte pe cenre, mod sceal pe mare pe ure maegen lytlad. "Will shall be the sterner, heart the bolder, spirit the greater as our heart lessens." _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: gray42@juno.com Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:16:32 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Superman as Flans pic Message-ID: <19981127.231650.13470.0.gray42@juno.com> Hey er'ybody, remember my earlier post about Clark Kent, well immediately afterward i went to the offial WB Superman website, got a promotional picture of superman, and thru' the magic of Adobe Photoshop, I transformed the man of steel into the Flans of steel *heehee*! He is complete with black pants, dial a song t-shirt, and red converse shoes, and don't forget his sig square guitar, glasses, and beautiful smile :) The picture is small, and is in gif format, if you'd likle to receive a copy of it, please e-mail me. Mysterio Gal (Hotel Detective) "It's like being the world's tallest midget." --Flansburgh MST3K#88182 gray42@juno.com, send attachments to mr_realgal@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/4871 The Official Project Omicrom website: www.geocities.com/SoHo/Square/9007 ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #12-27 ******************************