Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #12-28 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 12, Number 28 Sunday, 29 November 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Harvey Danger video premiere Re: TMBG: Harvey Danger video premiere TMBG: IN STARBUCKS!!!!! Re: TMBG: IN STARBUCKS!!!!! TMBG: Linnell...other band members? TMBG: video Bootlegs TMBG: Spiraling Shape question Re: TMBG: Spiraling Shape question Re: TMBG: Spiraling Shape question Re: TMBG: IN STARBUCKS!!!!! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: <79bc2779.365ff915@aol.com> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 08:22:29 EST Subject: TMBG: Harvey Danger video premiere According to the MTV site on aol, a Harvey Danger video (no title given) is scheduled to debut this Sunday on 120 Minutes. I'm assuming it's the one Flans directed :) Kay ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981128160556.12752.rocketmail@send203.yahoomail.com> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 08:05:56 -0800 (PST) From: Happy Cow Subject: Re: TMBG: Harvey Danger video premiere The new Harvey Danger video? Cool! I can't wait to see it!!! I just have one question: What time is 120 Minutes on? == ~Connie~ "Life is three-dimensional...unless you live in the T.V." _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: <92330f11.366082c0@aol.com> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 18:09:52 EST Subject: TMBG: IN STARBUCKS!!!!! AHHH What a friggin' coincidence... I was at my local vendor of coffee beverages who shall remain nameless... but while ther I heard Pet Name over the store speakers... it was immediately followed by a BNL song (i can't remember which one, but it WASN"T One Week), so maybe there is a glimmer of hope for this conglomerate of coffee... or maybe not. Graham ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981129013543.11873.rocketmail@send1e.yahoomail.com> Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:35:43 -0800 (PST) From: Ethuilcalen Subject: Re: TMBG: IN STARBUCKS!!!!! ---CajunGram@aol.com wrote: > > AHHH > > What a friggin' coincidence... > > I was at my local vendor of coffee beverages who shall remain nameless... but while ther I heard Pet Name over the store speakers... Cool..that's two stores in a week...the love is spreading :) > so maybe there is a glimmer of hope for this conglomerate of coffee... or maybe not. I like to think there is...I mean, how long can they stand against the greatness of Them? One of these days I mean to post about this book that had quite a bit of mentioning of Them in it...think it was by Larry Dixon and Mercedes Lackey. Chrome Circle series, if I remember right.. Julie :) == The Quote of the Day Brought to you by the Cerulean Blue Wierdo: Hige sceal pe heardra, heorte pe cenre, mod sceal pe mare pe ure maegen lytlad. "Will shall be the sterner, heart the bolder, spirit the greater as our heart lessens." _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: Linnell...other band members? Message-ID: <19981128.210147.4687.1.sailormorningstar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Celeste A Majetic) Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:04:34 EST >Heh...why is it I can never seem to stay away from posts concerning Mr. >Linnell and his looks?? HOW COULD YOU HELP IT! I know I can't. >Yeah, that's true. To each his own. To quote Karen, "To say the least..my >friends aren't exactly TMBG fans....but THE HELL WITH THEM...they are wrong". >I say, let my friends have their Brad Pitts and their Leonardo DiCaprios. >They're handsome, sure, but I bet they're not nearly as intelligent, deep, and >HUMAN as Mr. Linnell. It's funny that you said that! Just recently a guy friend of mine was writing an email to me (acknowledging my liking of John Linnell) and is quoted as saying... "What's this attraction of yours to older geeks?... Why don't you go for cool, good looking guys like well... okay, everyone's ugly in my opinion, but all the chicks go for Leo and Brad (pitt) and stuff. And you're fixated on John Linnell? Must be that sexy accordion....." I thought that was funny. But, it's true. Most girls do go for Leo DiCRAPrio (In my opinion) and Brad Pitt.. My question is why? Sure, they can be kind of cute at times. But not at all, in comparison to a lot of other guys. Also, I bet that in real life they are complete jerks...............(You can just tell.) >As for the teeny-bopper thing...don't worry. As my best friend knows all too >well, when I'm watching my TMBG tapes, I will start talking to the TV. Wait, >scratch that. Make that talking, screaming, sighing, and basically doing stuff >I would NEVER do in front of Mr. Linnell. I have yet to receive my tapes....HEHEHE I CAN't WAIT! I recently have ordered a tape from some guy named Russ Josephson. Has anyone ordered any videos from him? Are they good quality? >Hmmm, ok, lately I've really been into the Batman Superman adventures >(cartoon) lately. Ok, does anyone else see the similarity between Clark >Kent and Flansburgh. I.E. Clark Kent was a happy-go-lucky maniac with >Flans style glasses and a square guitar, smoking jacket, no tie... What is going on Mysterio Gal? I love that show! More weird co-in-ki-dinks! AND YES...I DO SEE THE SIMILARITIES! I like the Superman adventures a little bit more than the Batman adventures. Superman is just too kewl. Anyway...on to some normaler subjects!!!!!!!! hehe..me on normal subjects.... I was just wondering.....Did you guys notice that on the packaging of 'John Henry' , on a little sticker it said....."Their full band debut album" Or something to that extent. I was just wondering, what has become of the other members. Are they still in the band? I have no idear what-so-ever. I know that it said on the inside booklet. "They Might Be Giants are John Flansburgh guitars, vocals & John Linnell keyboards, horns, vocals....AND HAVE BEEN JOINED BY Brian Doherty drums / Tony Mamione bass / Kurt Hoffman horns." This is just a little confusing to me because I have seen (I think it was) A full band picture and there were only Two other guys not three! HELP! I don't want to sound stupid or anything, but I thought this was a tad mis-leading...and wanted to know. -Karen aka Celeste :P "Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed, Mis-Understanding All You See." -John Lennon....another fab John L! "I don't want the world, I just want your half." -From 'Ana Ng' ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:18:15 -0500 Subject: TMBG: video Bootlegs Message-ID: <19981128.211817.3126.0.captainmarvel2@juno.com> From: captainmarvel2@juno.com (Derek A Klein) >I have yet to receive my tapes....HEHEHE I CAN't WAIT! I recently have ordered >a tape from some guy named Russ Josephson. Has anyone ordered any videos >from him? Are they good quality? Most people on this list have ordered these tapes, and I think I speak for everyone when I say they are great. Definitely good quality, and Definitely worth the wait. Derek "What is everyone staring at?" ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: OHLERT@accuwx.com Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 02:46:06 +0000 (GMT) Subject: TMBG: Spiraling Shape question Message-id: <01J4QAP1E2HE99FYVV@accuwx.com> Organization: AccuWeather, Inc Just a quick question I thought of while listening to FS. Is the version of Spiraling Shape on the Brain Candy soundtrack exactly the same as the FS version? Or is it a different version like the two versions of Sensurround? -Peter ohlert@accuwx.com ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:48:21 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Spiraling Shape question quick answer: yes, they are Kay ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:50:44 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Spiraling Shape question Oops, that was kinda vague! I meant they are the same version--sorry! Kay ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:51:35 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: IN STARBUCKS!!!!! Message-ID: <19981128.212430.3630.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> > but >while ther I heard Pet Name over the store speakers... it was >immediately >followed by a BNL song are you sure it wasn't the radio? i managed to hear TMBG -and- Mono Puff on the radio today... there's hope for D-Town yet :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::insert random Ralph Wiggum quote of your choice::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #12-28 ******************************