Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #13-25 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 13, Number 25 Friday, 25 December 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: an old song, new chords! Re: TMBG: song lengths TMBG:MP3s!!! Re: TMBG: an old song, new chords! TMBG: initiation TMBG: Conspiracy Re: non-TMBG: Conspiracy Re: TMBG: an old song, new chords! Re: TMBG: an old song, new chords! TMBG: mono puff confusions? Re: TMBG: mono puff confusions? Re: TMBG:MP3s!!! TMBG: This American Life show now available Re: TMBG: mono puff confusions? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 00:28:08 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: an old song, new chords! Message-ID: <19981224.002827.3926.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Extended bridge: >D E A D and people wonder where the inclination to yell "play dead" comes from? it's all a conspiracy! take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::shoot me now... colin quinn is on conan::: literally? NO! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 00:51:53 +1100 Message-Id: <1.5.4.16.19981216173217.1bc772d2@mail.hinet.net.au> From: Ryan Mooney Subject: Re: TMBG: song lengths Bob Gonsalves wrote: >>But these are still short. 4:33 is nothing... > >That's what John Cage thought... It's comments like this that make lurking all worthwhile! -Ryan --- More music! Less money! 05/12/98: TISM - Censored Due To Legal Advice 06/12/98: Angelique Kidjo - Agolo Frank Black - Teenager Of The Year ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005501be2f4e$96559be0$c35133cf@ns1.mix-net.net.dns.commdesign.com> From: "Feeny (Chris Campbell)" Subject: TMBG:MP3s!!! Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 10:03:37 -0500 Hi, I am in desperite need of some Mp3s! I know there are a few addys out there, Jackyle(sp?!) #tmbg etc... so can ya post em to the list? Thanxs!!!! ALSO, I plan to get some, if not all of the '87 Frank O'Tool(This is probly the best, really funny, lotsa old DAS and Demo stuff!) show up. I might need a place to host it. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU MERRY CHRISTMAS, OR WHATEVER YOU CELEBRATE(Itz All Good!) -Feeny, aka Chris Campbell --ICQ# 22373843 --AIM: Chriscam84 ---"Somebody put their fingers in the presidents ears, it wasn't too much later they came out with Johnson's Wax" ----Purple Toupee, They Might Be Giants [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <7a66c625.3682621d@aol.com> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 10:47:41 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: an old song, new chords! I figured out the tabs for the neat little guitar solo..its floating somewhere around my room. (haha, my room's a total mess) I was just about to go and clean it..when I find it, I'll send it out to all of you. Its actually very easy.. -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199812241700.MAA07265@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:57:15 -0500 Subject: TMBG: initiation everyone... you can all be proud of me... i just got my very first tmbg bootleg... yay me! i actually got two of them, so double yay! that and... i had this horrible dream last night... part of it was that 4 of my teeth fell out for no reason, and then i was reading e-mails and everyone on the list was suddenly talking about teddy bears and how much they hated me... i'm thinking it was an underground conspiracy... jen ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:33:35 -0600 (CST) From: Jim Subject: TMBG: Conspiracy Message-ID: On Thu, 24 Dec 1998 linnel@snet.net wrote: > everyone... you can all be proud of me... i just got my very first > tmbg bootleg... yay me! i actually got two of them, so double yay! Yay! Good for you! Um, wait, that's a good thing, right? Oh, well, you're happy, so I'm happy. Yay! > that and... i had this horrible dream last night... part of it was that > 4 of my teeth fell out for no reason, and then i was reading e-mails > and everyone on the list was suddenly talking about teddy bears and how > much they hated me... i'm thinking it was an underground conspiracy... Dream? Um, *ahem* Yes, that was ALL a dream, yes . . . We are not really grinning scarecrows sent to torture and manipulate you . . . Heh heh heh . . . Jim! turns to everyone else and whipsers, "Get the knockout juice. Jen's onto us." ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199812241757.MAA17759@pop.snet.net> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:54:24 -0500 Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Conspiracy > > that and... i had this horrible dream last night... part of it was that > > 4 of my teeth fell out for no reason, and then i was reading e-mails > > and everyone on the list was suddenly talking about teddy bears and how > > much they hated me... i'm thinking it was an underground conspiracy... > > Dream? Um, *ahem* Yes, that was ALL a dream, yes . . . We are > not really grinning scarecrows sent to torture and manipulate you . . . > Heh heh heh . . . > > Jim! turns to everyone else and whipsers, "Get the > knockout juice. Jen's onto us." ohhhhh... i see... you guys just want to get rid of me... well it's too late! i know, and i already told the proper authorities... everyone's going to know, and there's nothing you can do about it! mwahahaha! there's no stopping me now! we're all artists! we don't need to take this abuse and conform to the shapes and sizes of society! are you all with me now?!?! ahem. jen ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <6db3b39e.368284d8@aol.com> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:15:52 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: an old song, new chords! heres the tabs...i wish tmbg.org would have some tabs *ahem* * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * ----------------------------------------- 3-3-3-5-5-5-2-2-2-3-3-3------------------------------------------------------- * -------------------------------- * ---------------------------------4-4-4-6-6-6-3----4-4-4-5-5-5-3-3-3-4-4-4-1-1- 1-4-4-4-2------------- * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * ------------------------------------------ * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * ----------------------------------------- * ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * ----------------------------------------- -Amber the Transcendent Mistress of the Known Cosmos ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: <4caeb60b.36828a5e@aol.com> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:39:26 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: an old song, new chords! grr..that seemed to have messed up..let me try again..hopefully this works better * ----------------------------------------------------------------- 3-3-3-5-5-5-2-2-2-3-3-3-------------------------------- * ---------------------------------4-4-4-6-6-6-3- * --------------------------------------------------------- * --------------------------------------------------------- * --------------------------------------------------------- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ * --------------------------------------------------------- * --------------------------------------------------------- 4-4-4-5-5-5-3-3-3-4-4-4-1-1-1-4-4-4-2----- * --------------------------------------------------------- * --------------------------------------------------------- * --------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001901be2f6f$7f1c77c0$a9b3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: TMBG: mono puff confusions? Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 18:58:58 -0000 Ok, I have a few questions as to Mono Puff's GREAT LP, It's Fun To Steal that both myself and my lover have been pondering since getting the CD imported a fair few months ago. A) What does the word "Dashiki" mean (if anything) ? B) Does anyone know the English translation of the French backing vox on "Extra Krispy" C) Is "Pretty Fly" a double vocalised song? (meaning, is the voice recorded twice and put together as a duet with herself) D) Does anyone else think the female vox on "Extra Krispy" sound like Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) from that oh-so tiresome p(l)op group, The Spice Girls? That's all I could think of at this time as I gotta be down the pub in a while to inebriate myself for Christmas and eventually get myself into a state where I think laying in the gutter, laughing is a really cool place to be. That is it, there is no more... ----------------------- Uncle Squid - The Original Junk Male Http://members.xoom.com/_out_there_/mother_ship/ ICQ: 12605535 ----------------------- [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 14:22:06 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: mono puff confusions? Message-ID: <19981224.142216.4278.1.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. >A) What does the word "Dashiki" mean (if anything)? a dashiki is a loose-fitting, usually bright colored robe or tunic modeled after an African tribal garment. >B) Does anyone know the English translation of the French backing vox >on "Extra Krispy" check monopuff.org, i believe it's there. >C) Is "Pretty Fly" a double vocalised song? sounds like it might be. >D) Does anyone else think the female vox on "Extra Krispy" sound like >Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) you mean the one who sings, "you think you're leaving/you say goodbye?" actually, i think it sounds exactly like the lead singer of cub (either lisa or robynn, i don't know who's who). they are thanked in the liner notes. your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ Philly Tour Dates Dream Theater - Dec. 27 Ween - Jan. 1 * ------------------------------------------ ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:42:49 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG:MP3s!!! Message-ID: <19981224.132920.21342.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Hi, I am in desperite need of some Mp3s! I know there are a few addys >out there, Jackyle(sp?!) #tmbg etc... so can ya post em to the list? the #tmbg site is at www.tmbg.net/ take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::tough one to remember::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3682B35A.2970@rica.net> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:34:18 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: This American Life show now available Hey, subject line said it: http://www.thislife.org has the show with TMBG available thru RA. Happy Festivus, Joey ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:24:38 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: mono puff confusions? Message-ID: <19981224.172440.3854.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >D) Does anyone else think the female vox on "Extra Krispy" sound like >Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) from that oh-so tiresome p(l)op group, The >Spice Girls? whoa. There are only about 15 female vocalists that i can honestly say i reeeeally like. Robin Goldwasser (sister puff) being one of them... now i've heard a grand total of 2 spice girls songs and well... i didn't necessarily enjoy either of them. (i've only heard what...like 7 or 8 robin songs and i've enjoyed them all). Are there better SG songs or something out there that i just haven't been exposed to? Or is the resident Squid smoking some funny british shtuff? take it easy, (JOrdaN) http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html Two Ton Boa...Sherry Fraser... where's the album?! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #13-25 ******************************