Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #13-27 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 13, Number 27 Sunday, 27 December 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: I remember now! Re: TMBG: I remember now! Re: TMBG: I remember now! NON-TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) Re: TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) Re: NON-TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) Re: TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) Re: TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) TMBG: top 10 of the year Re: NON-TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: CajunGram@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 16:05:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: I remember now! In a message dated 98-12-26 00:06:41 EST, you write: << > remember >NKOTB??? huh??? you can't deny it... I won't go into my own personal NKOTB stories... but i do get to listen to my buds sit there and tell me all about how NKOTB was the first concert they ever went to... and i can just sit there and be like... "uh my first concert was crosby, stills, and nash" *grin* >> Hmm... I still have my NKOTB Beach Towel. At the Summer Camp where I work, the big joke is to steal it, then hide it in really conspicuous places that tend to cause embarassment... incidentally, my first concert was Nirvana. Make of that what you will... Graham "OH, to be back in Middle School..." Amsden ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01be3132$c94dd680$5999e7ce@Balloon> From: "Balloon" Subject: Re: TMBG: I remember now! Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 19:49:38 -0500 >Hmm... I still have my NKOTB Beach Towel. At the Summer Camp where I work, the >big joke is to steal it, then hide it in really conspicuous places that tend >to cause embarassment... incidentally, my first concert was Nirvana. Make of >that what you will... > >Graham "OH, to be back in Middle School..." Amsden > I guess that I'll tell everyone what my first concert was too...I guess youo could say that it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!! yeah! he he he..but my first REAL concert was Santana! my John but that was great!! Eric"Action" Jackson ------------------------------ From: Alterian@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 20:16:46 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: I remember now! hehe my first concert I went to was a TMBG concert. I wasn't into NKOTB ::shrugs:: just wasn't my thing -Amber the Transcendent ------------------------------ From: Drayco@aol.com Message-ID: <50aa0f49.3685b51f@aol.com> Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 23:18:39 EST Subject: NON-TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) In a message dated 12/26/98 7:52:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, balloon@netheaven.com writes: << I guess that I'll tell everyone what my first concert was too...I guess youo could say that it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!! yeah! he he he..but my first REAL concert was Santana! my John but that was great!! >> My first concert was Run DMC and New Edition when I was 5. Man, I wish I been old enough to really appreciate it. --Jamal ------------------------------ From: PULPSTRESS@aol.com Message-ID: <2fd93fd9.3685b85a@aol.com> Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 23:32:26 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) I took away the NON- from the subject line because...... My first concert was none other than our very own They Might Be Giants!! I was never into them before, but my best friend was a huge fan and her mom wouldn't let her go to the show by herself so she asked me if I'd take her. I've been a fan ever since. Best concert I ever went to was Radiohead in August of '97..I can't imagine anyone ever surpassing it - not even Radiohead themselves who I've seen twice since, have been able to live up to that first time. jennifer ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199812270447.UAA26158@law-f110.hotmail.com> From: "Sarah's Madness" Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 20:47:30 PST << I guess that I'll tell everyone what my first concert was too...I guess >youo > could say that it was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!! yeah! he he he..but > my first REAL concert was Santana! my John but that was great!! my first concert was Live (the band) with PJ Harvey and Veruca Salt opening...that was cool. My second, and third, and fourth were tmbg :) sarah "i alone" faye ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981227000345.007aa560@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 00:03:45 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) At 11:32 PM 12/26/98 EST, PULPSTRESS@aol.com wrote: >My first concert was none other than our very own They Might Be Giants!! I was >never into them before, but my best friend was a huge fan and her mom wouldn't >let her go to the show by herself so she asked me if I'd take her. I've been a >fan ever since. As was mine. October 2, 1996 in Athens, GA, IIRC. >Best concert I ever went to was Radiohead in August of '97..I can't imagine >anyone ever surpassing it - not even Radiohead themselves who I've seen twice >since, have been able to live up to that first time. I think Barenaked Ladies (5/4/97, Charleston, SC) was the best I've seen. Other personal favorites include TMBG (10/10/98 (I think?), Atlanta, GA; I lost my voice for the first time ever and told Flans about my cover of Toddler Hiway for the tribute album, and since I guess he thought that's how my voice normally sounds.... :-) and Tuscadero (10/2/98). -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ From: linnel@snet.net Message-Id: <199812270551.AAA12532@pop.snet.net> Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 00:48:26 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) my first concert was Offspring, a little over a year ago. but i;m still young. since then i've seen quite a few bands, but not TMBG yet. then again, they haven't come here in the longest freakin time, so..... but you bet i'll be there next time they show their face here... grr... jen ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 23:57:37 -0700 Subject: TMBG: top 10 of the year Message-ID: <19981226.235742.4558.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> Hey HEY! so here it is... finally... it was hard enough to pick merely 10 albums, but it would've been extremely difficult for me to put these 10 in any order... so without any further blithering... #1Mono Puff: It's Fun To Steal* #2 Moxy Fruvous: Live Noise* #3 Michael Shelley: Too Many Movies #4 Love Nut: Baltimucho #5 Beck: Mutations #6 Marcy Playground (minus Sex & Candy) #7 Eagle Eye Cherry** #8 Plastilina Mosh: Aquamosh* #9 Beastie Boys: Hello Nasty* #10 Homegrown: Act Your Age -or- Cake's "Prolonging The Magic" *Bought it the day it was released **Bought the import so i could have it before the US release date :) albums/groups that i really dug this year (doesn't mean i necessarily got them this year...just those constantly in my CD player): --- Club Flys presents Black Flys --- Zog Bogbean: From The Marcy Playground --- Soul Coughing: RV, IB, & EO --- Moxy Fruvous --- Self: Subliminal Plastic Motives --- BMX Bandits: Theme Park --- Cheeky Monkey: Four Arms To Hold You --- Mr. T Experience: Love Is Dead --- Nerf Herder --- There's Something About Mary soundtrack --- BNL --- Beastie Boys --- Cake: Prolonging The Magic --- Fatboy Slim --- Eve 6 --- Homegrown --- Lincoln --- Plastilina Mosh (pleaseplease feel free to turn this into the... "what else are you listening to?" thread) Super Cool Suggestions From List Members: --- Dan Bern: "Fifty Eggs" --- Eddie From Ohio: "Actually Not" --- The Bobs: "I Brow Club" (still dunno what album particle man is on) --- Sloan: "Smeared" CD's from list members/TMBG fan's bands that i totally dug: --- Hence The Name: Bad Copy --- Agent Square & The New Machismo: The Girl's Next Dork Dissapointing recomendations from list members: --- Ash: "Trailer" (it has good cuts but it also has pretty crummy ones as well) Best Concerts Of The Year (this is prolly the toughest for me since i'm at at least one concert a week): --- 9/16 TMBG & Michael Shelley --- 10/2-4 Moxy Fruvous & The Nields --- 11/16 Michael Shelley & Laura Cantrell in NYC --- 12/11 Soul Coughing, Harvey Danger, Cherry Poppin Daddies, and Love & Rockets --- 5/30 Run DMC, Eve 6, Foo Fighters, Ben Harper, Aquabats, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy --- 8/22 and 10/7 Eagle Eye Cherry --- 6/24 2 Skinnee J's & Ghandarvas --- 8/13 Blink 182, MxPx, Wade, Homegrown (well... so it was really what went down with homegrown after the show... but we won't get into that) :P My heros at the conclusion of this year are: --- Michael Shelley --- Beck --- David Spade --- John Flansburgh --- Alf (a dj at KTCL... not the alien) --- Chris Kattan --- the entire cast of SNL... (yes currently!) Looking forward to upcoming 1999 albums: --- Candy Butchers --- Bloodhound Gang --- Nerf Herder --- Michael Shelley / Cheeky Monkey take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::fasten seat belt while seated::: ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 23:42:26 -0700 Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: First concert (Was:I remember now!) Message-ID: <19981226.235742.4558.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >My first concert was Run DMC and New Edition when I was 5. Man, I wish >I been >old enough to really appreciate it. i *finally* got to see Run DMC live this summer... it was an experience :) yes, "you be illin" is one of my alltime favortie songs but since we're discussing favorite shows of all time: #1 9/16/98 Michael Shelley & TMBG #2 10/2-4/98 Moxy Fruvous (technically this was 3 shows but come on) #3 6/31/97 Nerf Herder, Violent Femmes, & Coolio (yes, one show). #4 5/3/97 TMBG in Kansas :) take it easy, JOrdaN... it's my birthday :) http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html :::perhaps i can add 1/7/99 Fruvous in LA!!::: aw yeah! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #13-27 ******************************