Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #13-6 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 13, Number 6 Sunday, 6 December 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG UK tour Semi-TMBG: TMBG Software Re: TMBG: See the constalation background noise Re: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape TMBG: tmbg chat TMBG: TMBG LD? Re: TMBG: TMBG LD? Re: TMBG: tmbg chat TMBG: This months Rolling Stone Re: TMBG: This months Rolling Stone TMBG: MP3s? TMBG: erg! you're stealing from TMBG! Re: TMBG: erg! you're stealing from TMBG! Re: TMBG: erg! you're stealing from TMBG! Re: NON TMBG: Debate + heloo... Re: TMBG: erg! you're stealing from TMBG! TMBG: Re: just got back Re: TMBG: This months Rolling Stone TMBG: NON-Tmbg:My guestbook. Non-TMBG: Holiday Horror Re: Non-TMBG: Holiday Horror Re: TMBG: tmbg chat TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Re: TMBG: This months Rolling Stone TMBG: Re: just got back (none) TMBG: TMBG Software TMBG: new songs! Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 02:39:15 -0600 (CST) From: bill tatalovich Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Message-ID: On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Lawrence P Solomon wrote: > I really shouldn't add to this thread any more than already has been, > but don't forget to put Careless Santa on the CD... > > it's deja vu all over again... :) Oh wait! I just thought of something! Why don't we put that Mono Puff song, "Careless Santa," on there! Oh man...I don't know why everyone else missed that one.... Sigh. I feel old when I see threads from a year ago show up again. But at least this one is somewhat humorous, at least for a while. The Rev |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| | Reverend Bill Tatalovich | Home page: | | | http://students.cec.wustl.edu/~wt3/ | | wt3@cec.wustl.edu |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | personnel@kwur.wustl.edu | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <001401be2040$9dacdce0$a3b3a4c1@squid> From: "Uncle Squid" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: TMBG UK tour Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:15:34 -0000 >hey'all! > >i've been trying to email various UK folks about this individually but the >messages keep coming back so i'll try it this way... well, I didn't get any message. completely >coincidentally, TMBG's trip to London coincides with MY trip to london and i >was wondering if any of the good people here would be so kind as to let me >know how i can get tix to their show on the 18th for myself and a friend >(maybe two...) I live in nyc. if you could email me that'd be way cool! My advert from the NME says: Info 0181 963 0940 Box Office: 0171 344 0044 (24 hrs) I hope that helps somebody. Richard and any other Brits wanting to go to either show, get in touch. I recently arranged for a load of people to go to see Fruit from Carter USM's new band ABDOUJAPAROV in London so i'm looking to do it again for TMBG. Can I see a show of hands and who wants to go to which date etc. I think having a meal before hand would be sweet. I'm trying to rally 'round my home town of Colchester for TMBG peoples to go also. There could be quite a crowd. and >if you have any other cool tourist tips and silly stuff like that i'd love ya. Depends, don't do all the usual boring things like Tower of London... do the whole shopping thing like Camden Lock Market and other such things... I suggest going to the London website (sorry, don't know the URL) ----------------------- Uncle Squid xxx A selfish giant of a man xxx www.keme.co.uk/~thelimes/cols/ ICQ: 12605535 ----------------------- "Lace humour with insult and add insult to injury" -- Uncle Squid ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00a701be206b$5e9d28e0$6d5133cf@ns1.mix-net.net.dns.commdesign.com> From: "Feeny (Chris Campbell)" Subject: Semi-TMBG: TMBG Software Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:21:51 -0500 Hi, Can anyone tell me where I can find the Quake TMBG Plug-in, The TMBG Windows 95 Desktops, and the John Henery Hyper Card Stack??? THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Hey, Shouldnt "Shoehorn w/ Teeth" go on a Christmas album?? Or did someone already mention this? I Want A Shoehorn, The Kind With Teeth! Going back to lurking now! -Feeny, aka Chris Campbell --ICQ# 22373843 --AIM: Chriscam84 ---"Somebody put their fingers in the presidents ears, it wasn't too much later they came out with Johnson's Wax" ----Purple Toupee, They Might Be Giants [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 09:36:19 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: See the constalation background noise Message-ID: <19981205.094804.19238.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Cepastat is an over-the-counter soare throat medication. it actually got waaay popular because it makes your mouth numb if you take enough of them... i'm talking to the point where you can be gnawing on your tongue and not feel a thing... but that was years ago (6) and well... one can only hope that they haven't been forced to change anything... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: EmarZero@aol.com Message-ID: <3ee839d0.366965d9@aol.com> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:56:57 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Actually, while we're on holiday songs, Mono Puff's "Tryptophane" would work.. I think it's more Thanksgiving, but my family eats turkey *both* days, and as such, it's still a "Special day observed," so why not? Besides, I love the song... ------------------------------ From: Phil Jackson Message-Id: <199812051701.MAA27324@angels.heaven.net> Subject: TMBG: tmbg chat Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 11:59:40 -0500 How many people on this list are tmbg chat regulars? i've been meaning to ask this for a while, and if you are a regular what is your handle? ~Eric "Action" Jackson~ My Bootleg page and TMBG worship site Http://i.am/HellHotel [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: njh23@email.byu.edu Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 10:03:32 -0700 Subject: TMBG: TMBG LD? Message-id: <3.0.6.32.19981205100332.007c0dc0@email.byu.edu> Did the Giants ever actually put out a Laser Disc? I keep seeing one around the internet, but I have never heard of it before. Anybody know for sure? ------------------------------ From: CPatubo@mindscape.com Message-ID: <882566D1.0064D2EA.00@nvtomta.mindscape.com> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 10:21:44 -0800 Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG LD? Yeah, I remember seeing the LD about 5 years ago at Sam Goody... I'm not sure what singles were one it, tho. It's one of those smaller size LDs. I'm bummed I didn't buy it because I sure as hell cannot find it now. :/ -courtney njh23@email.byu.edu on 12/05/98 09:03:32 AM Please respond to njh23@email.byu.edu To: tmbg-list@tmbg.org cc: (bcc: CPatubo/Mindscape) Subject: TMBG: TMBG LD? Did the Giants ever actually put out a Laser Disc? I keep seeing one around the internet, but I have never heard of it before. Anybody know for sure? ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 10:52:40 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg chat Message-ID: <19981205.130718.20998.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> >How many people on this list are tmbg chat regulars? i've been meaning >to >ask this for a while, and if you are a regular what is your handle? i've been in there a grand total of three times and on one of those occasions there was some ganky ho with my nickname (TMBgirl). needless to say i was a bit angrified but promptly left. So dont be comfuseeed... it's not me! :P take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 15:41:44 -0700 Subject: TMBG: This months Rolling Stone Message-ID: <19981205.154146.4758.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> HEy HEy Kiddies! You can see another fine ad for our boys in this months rolling stone. get to it at page 128 :) It's the best of 1998 magazine... they also have a full page dedicated to the wondermints... a groovy band from LA (they did the Austin Powers theme song) check 'em out! :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Phil Jackson Message-Id: <199812052247.RAA08478@angels.heaven.net> Subject: Re: TMBG: This months Rolling Stone Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 17:46:09 -0500 > HEy HEy Kiddies! > > You can see another fine ad for our boys in this months rolling stone. > get to it at page 128 :) > > It's the best of 1998 magazine... they also have a full page dedicated > to the wondermints... a groovy band from LA (they did the Austin Powers > theme song) check 'em out! :) > > take it easy, JOrdaN > http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html yes yes i already cut it out and its hanging on my wall right now! ~Eric "Action" Jackson~ My Bootleg page and TMBG worship site Http://i.am/HellHotel [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <05DEC98.20084928.0021.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 18:35:49 EST From: Misty Subject: TMBG: MP3s? Several of you have mentioned TMBG MP3s. Is there any website that has these to download? Misty ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 17:03:28 -0700 Subject: TMBG: erg! you're stealing from TMBG! Message-ID: <19981205.171419.24334.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> ebay is such a joke... #1 i am totally disapointed in all the list-mamebers (and others) that have bid on the tape of Frank Black and TMBG live at the electric lady land studios in NYC 6/24/93. You are promoting people that sell bootlegged material. you are blatently allowing someone to profit off of TMBG's work and well... that just sucks, especially for those of us that trade the material just to promote the band and what they are doing #2 still disapointed in you... someone has compiled the tmbg videos and is making dubs at the price of $15. Again, they are making money off of TMBG's work! don't give in to them! just buy the video bootleg compilations from Russ (cuz as far as i know) it's all non-profit, you just pay for the tape and shipping :P -or- purchase the same thing from TMBG via the info club. #3 the JH coffee... last i knew it was still available through the info club... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: OHLERT@accuwx.com Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 00:31:50 +0000 (GMT) Subject: Re: TMBG: erg! you're stealing from TMBG! Message-id: <01J4ZY2GEGLU99LLWS@accuwx.com> Organization: AccuWeather, Inc >ebay is such a joke... If it is a joke, its an evil, sadistic one. You know the guy who started it a couple of years back to increase his wife's Pez dispenser collection. Now its an orgy of overpriced collectables for people deluded enough to think they are getting a deal or obsessed enough not to think at all. >#1 i am totally disapointed in all the list-mamebers (and others) that >have bid on the tape of Frank Black and TMBG live at the electric lady >land studios in NYC 6/24/93. You are promoting people that sell >bootlegged material. Actually its not a bootleg, its a live promo release for radio stations, like Live! in NYC. I have a copy I got from a dj friend that unfortunately skips near the end, but the two TMBG songs are intact. >you are blatently allowing someone to profit off of >TMBG's work and well... that just sucks, especially for those of us >that trade the material just to promote the band and what they are > >doing Amen, and more power to ya! >#2 still disapointed in you... someone has compiled the tmbg videos >and is making dubs at the price of $15. Again, they are making money >off of TMBG's work! Must resist urge to use ninja fist of death...urrr... >#3 the JH coffee... last i knew it was still available through the info >club... Again ebay taking advantage of people too lazy to do any research or thinking for themselves. Peter ohlert@accuwx.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981205193417.007ae100@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 19:34:17 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: erg! you're stealing from TMBG! At 12:31 AM 12/6/98 +0000, OHLERT@accuwx.com wrote: > >Actually its not a bootleg, its a live promo release for radio >stations, like Live! in NYC. I have a copy I got from a dj friend that >unfortunately skips near the end, but the two TMBG songs are intact. I think the complaint is over the fact that someone's selling a tape dub of that promo CD. >Again ebay taking advantage of people too lazy to do any research or >thinking for themselves. Well, if people are that stupid, I say more power to the sellers... :-) -Adam -- /=---------------- http://www.he-man.org/ctyner/ ----------------=\ http://www.crystal-night.com/~ctyner/tuscadero.html http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ He-Man, Tuscadero, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, & more! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981206015710.7587.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Bradley Gibson" Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Debate + heloo... Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 17:57:09 PST Welll... I'm not in debate myself, but I am in Humourus Interp. in speech. Different events, Same touneys. Plenty of my friends do debate though. I just joined myself a few months ago and i must say it's been one of the best things I've done in a while. :o) We've got a tourney up in Rouge Rive this Sat. the 12 so if you're in the No. Calif./So. Oregon area, prehaps we should wait around in the lobby with LIST on our foreheads shouting "LIST" "LIST" "SNAIL SHELL?" "THANK YOU!" Oh, btw... I've been lurking on this list for a while now so i might as well join the bandwagon and introduce myself. My name's James LeVeque I go as blue_j on EFNet #tmbg. As well as being in Speech/Debate, I'm also in Drama. I've been lurking on digest for about a year and a half or so and have witnessed many a great thread (remember We're Def?). Anyhoo... i best be going now... big Swing dance in town tonight. laterthere, blue "Don't forget Careless Santa, darn you" _j >Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 20:57:29 -0800 (PST) >From: leonard helfgott >Subject: NON TMBG: Debate >Message-ID: > >I thought I'd ask a question for all of the high schoolers on the list. >Do any of you here do debate? I joined debate a couple of months ago, and >its really fun. For the high schoolers, I'd suggest doing lincoln douglas >debate, it's the kind of debate that doesn't take up 8 hours a day of your >time. I apologize for the off-topicness (or, in debate lingo, >non-topicality) of this message, just trying to find some more debaters >out there. >Cap'n Helfgott > ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <1e339be3.3669e854@aol.com> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:13:40 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: erg! you're stealing from TMBG! In a message dated 12/5/98 7:18:32 PM, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: >#3 the JH coffee... last i knew it was still available through the info >club... > don't think so.. i haven't seen it advertised in the catalogs for so long i forgot about it... oh and here's a #4 a factory showroom promo poster (you know, johns in suits in front of a yellow background) going for $71 on ebay. i got one of those for free and it's on my closet door. yikes.. sarah ------------------------------ From: Igraine81@aol.com Message-ID: <4a818baf.3669e8a6@aol.com> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:15:02 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: just got back hallo, Anyway, I had a Youth in Government convention this weekend and justgot back and had the time to read all of the mailing list stuff. And I know that this whole thing is practically over now, but i just had to say that if youre going to do a X-mas album, then you have to put adam sandlers chanuaka (i think thats how its spelled) song. alright, FYI. Anyway, at the convention (which is basically where we get to take over the state capitol for the weekend, and everyone has to wear suits, it sucks. anyway, i was a senator, alright FYI again. But i was very bored andwas looking at my tie (yes, i wore a tie) and find that the brand name of it was none other that john henry. anyway my dads never getting that tie back. but i was showing it off to all my friends, who really didnt care, but there was this one guy who was just a tmbg freak (freak used as a term of endearment) who was very impressed by it , and my class ring, which has tmbg on the side as opposed to my name. So that rocked. Anyway, onto the question portion which is why i unlurk in the first place form time to time. First, what is the chance that you'll recieve youre cds if you order them form the hello recordng club (the big package i mean)? Also, is the hello club the only way to get a live in new york cd? alright. finished now. Lisa Not cool enough to have her own quote ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <739f14f0.3669e8b6@aol.com> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:15:18 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: This months Rolling Stone In a message dated 12/5/98 5:49:11 PM, balloon@netheaven.com writes: >> You can see another fine ad for our boys in this months rolling stone. > > >> get to it at page 128 :) > >> > >> It's the best of 1998 magazine... they also have a full page dedicated > >> to the wondermints... a groovy band from LA (they did the Austin Powers > >> theme song) check 'em out! :) > >> > >> take it easy, JOrdaN > >> http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html > > > >yes yes i already cut it out and its hanging on my wall right now! can someone scan it pleeeease?:) or send it to me, and i'll scan it? sarah ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981206024621.19017.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: TMBG: NON-Tmbg:My guestbook. Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 18:46:20 PST You are all great people and I'd like to thank those of you who set aside the time to look at my little web-page, but who put that unhappy little meassage in my guestbook. I can't tell if you insulted me or gave me a compliment? Please identify yourself and I won't mention it again. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:06:58 -0600 From: justicek@home.com (Kim Justice) Subject: Non-TMBG: Holiday Horror My employer has put in a holiday tableau in front of their building which looks like The Man was subjected to a horrible genetic crossing with The Michelin Man. Check it out on my web page under Personal/Corporate Christmas. I'd like to think John and John would appreciate the absurdity of this little display. kj -- justicek@home.com (Kim Justice) http://members.home.net/justicek "Our cereal...comes in a can..." ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <3af98763.3669f5ac@aol.com> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 22:10:36 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Holiday Horror In a message dated 12/5/98 10:04:56 PM, justicek@home.com writes: >My employer has put in a holiday tableau in front of their building which >looks like The Man was subjected to a horrible genetic crossing with The >Michelin Man. Check it out on my web page under Personal/Corporate >Christmas. I'd like to think John and John would appreciate the absurdity >of this little display. >kj LOL! no, it looks more like the pink album snowman. :) sarah ------------------------------ From: Tmbg4life@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 23:02:56 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: tmbg chat i am a regular. my name is pikachu. what is yours ------------------------------ Message-ID: <3669F972.1DE06C18@pacificnet.net> Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 20:26:46 -0700 From: Bongo Subject: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape When someone gets together their TMBG and Friends Xmas tape I'll be interested in trading for a copy. I have the O Tannenbaum single but never heard it because I don't have a turntable. By the way, everyone I ever played The Bell Are Ringing to think its a Christmas song but then again they are idiots. Finally, "Santa Baby" (which was listed with a "?" for the performer's name in a someone's list of Xmas songs) was done by Eartha Kitt. It from the 40's or 50's. Its possible there's a newer version by someone. I feel like I'm playing Trival Pursuit now. -B O N G O ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:36:26 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: This months Rolling Stone Message-ID: <19981205.213631.17582.4.TMBgirl@juno.com> >can someone scan it pleeeease?:) or send it to me, and i'll scan it? > heh... i've seen the same ad in a grip of magazines... in fact i stole (well not literally, cuz they were free magazines) a whole bunch of the "pulse" magazine (tower records thing) when that ad was in it. It's the same picture as the poster in the last info club newsletter just much smaller :P take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 21:33:40 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re: just got back Message-ID: <19981205.213631.17582.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> Whoawhoa! > But i was very bored andwas looking at my tie (yes, i wore a >tie) and >find that the brand name of it was none other that john henry John Henry is a pretty popular legend you realize... My fave is that my friend has a "JH" sticker (ya know the white oval's with black outlining and lettering) on his car (for jackson's hole all you non-western ski people). i always think of john henry every time i see it :P > First, what is the chance that you'll recieve >youre cds if >you order them form the hello recordng club (the big package i mean)? oh you'll get 'em... just in a few months/years (months if you're lucky). I think that '93 is all sold out and uh... perhaps '94? Yet they still advertise the whole dern package... if you send them all that money you'll prolly not get what you paid for (and even if they do send you a refund for the years that are sold out... it'll prolly just give them an excuse to take a few more months to send them out). >Also, >is the hello club the only way to get a live in new york cd? alright. >finished >now. nope... can't get the ny'94 cd through them... even if you buy the whole package. heh... but you could get one at ebay.com/ for several hundred dollars i'm sure :P best suggestion... have someone dub the hello cd's for you... someone that's willing to do it non-profit :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981206053020.4469.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 21:30:18 PST The following is a responce to a meassage written in my guest book, but it also goes for all of you who think me sick and evil for "glorifying* Lee Harvey Oswald: To "Phill" Medler. Why, you ask, did I deticate my sight to Lee Harvey Oswald? Well, I can't really tell you that, but I CAN respond to your rambling (just kidding). I'll tell you why Lee Harvey was mentioned. Because he SIMPLY DIDN'T KILL THE PRESIDENT? Yes, I must be alot older than you if you haven't learned that Oswald's innocence has been proven. His name was cleared circa 1967. Here's some evidence for you, anyway. Look at the film I posted. Notice how his body is forced back, and to the left. Oswald *suposedly* shot Kennedy from the School Book Depository building. It was located behind the limo. A a bullet from behind couldn't do that. The shot had to have come from behind the fence on the grassy knoll. The fence (where some people claim to have heard the fatal shot) is located to the fron and right of the limo at the time of impact. A shot from the grassy knoll would cause the body to jerk back, and to the left, as indicated by the film. But, other people heard shots from the grassy knoll, you say. Well, you may have your argument there. Except, for the fact, that I have yet more evidence that Oswald COULDN'T have been on the 6th floor at the time of the shooting. Oswald was seen on the *2nd* floor of the book depository 90 seconds after the first shot rang out, and he was *not* out of breath. In fact, when he was spotted, he was drinking a Coke. Four floors, 90 seconds, past two women in the narrow stairway who didn't even see him, in breath, stops to buy a Coke, and heads out the front Exit, where the cops are the thickest? It doesn't make sense. Someone else was on the 6th floor. With an unseen exit. There was a photo found of Oswald in his backyard holding THE rifle and the recept to it... The shadow on his nose indicates high noon, while the shadows in the back ground swows early morning or late afternoon. Plus, there is evidence of someone else's head underneath. "Oswald" shortly after shot a cop. There were 3 witnesses. One, a man driving a truck, would not identify the shooter. Another, an African-American woman, saw a man shoot the officer. Her ID was almost 100% the oposite of Oswald's appearance. The third, a womn on the other side of the street and behind the trees, says shee saw two men emerge from the trees running, just after she heard gun shots. Oswald was definantly involved, but he never, EVER shot the president. I think he knew he would be set up as a "patsy" (as Oswald put it). I admire Lee's bravery. If I were him, I would have gotten as far away from that place as possible. Now , Mr. Phill, if that is your name, who knows more on the subject? I think I've gotten my point across. I'm not evily morbid and sick, Mr. "Phill", but I simply distrust our Government and seek the truth. Josh "Do you expect me to beleive your name is Phill?" Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "I'd give my life to be dead." -Francesco Dellamorte, "Cemetery Man" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <004501be20de$916e3520$16d12581@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: TMBG: TMBG Software Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 01:06:27 -0500 The TMBG Windows desktop theme can be found at http://www.themeworld.com/indexTZ.shtml It's called tmbgthme.zip and it is pretty nice, although the background is kind of busy. I'm also working on making one, and will let you know when (and if) it's finished. As for the JH Hypercard stack, there's a link to it at the BADLY outdated Elektra page, but it doesn't work. Unless someone's got it saved somewhere, I don't know where you could find it. Quake I have no idea about. Hope it helps, Amy :) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 01:25:57 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: TMBG: new songs! for those who still follow the dialasong.com saga, there's a "new" song up... Unforgotten is playing for the month of December (or what's left of it) I haven't actually listened, but as far as I remember, Unforgotten was one of those songs that was really different on Dial-a-Song than it was when it was released... Lawrence Solomon http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~lps/ lps@andrew.cmu.edu "You keep handing out horseshoes * This space inadvertently Horseshoes have gotta be tossed." -Moxy Fruvous * left with stuff in it. ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #13-6 *****************************