Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #13-7 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 13, Number 7 Monday, 7 December 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: TMBG LD? TMBG: Re:lee harvey TMBG: Particle Man and Time Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Re: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Non-TMBG: Winter Break TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 02:39:00 -0500 (EST) From: "mike@journalx.com" Subject: Re: TMBG: TMBG LD? Message-ID: On Sat, 5 Dec 1998 njh23@email.byu.edu wrote: > Did the Giants ever actually put out a Laser Disc? I keep seeing one > around the internet, but I have never heard of it before. Anybody know for > sure? > There was an 8 inch laserdisc issued in 1990, which was exactly the same program as the VHS "1986-1989" compilation, albeit with a much sharper picture. All laserdisc players are capable of playing this disc, which has been out of print for years. I have one of them. This laserdisc was never sold through the info club. The new video compilation will undoubtedly not be released on LD, but a DVD version has been promised and that's the version I plan to obtain. MIKe www.journalx.com ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 09:10:55 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Re:lee harvey Message-ID: <19981206.091256.3870.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> >it also goes for all of you who think me sick and evil for >"glorifying* >Lee Harvey Oswald: hehee... great now i've got "lee harvey was a friend of mine" stuck in my head. and yes, my post was tmbg-related, just in an odd twisted sort of way. Laura Cantrell sings that song on the Hello CD of the month club disc, where not only Flansburgh plays (on that song) but also his wife (RG) singing backup. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ::still looking for her imaginary CD, churches of the interstate::: ________________________________________________________________ Get secure free e-mail that you don't need Web access to use from Juno, the world's second largest online service. Download your free software at http://www.juno.com/getit.b.html. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981206153737.0090da20@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 15:37:37 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: TMBG: Particle Man and Time I just realized that TMBG could release a 5-song ep with just different versions of Particle Man that have been released. (Not that they'd want to) 1) Particle Man (Flood version) 2) Particle Man (STD version) 3) Particle Man (120 Min. cd version) 4) Particle Man (Live!! NYC version) 5) Children Singing Particle Man That would be quite an o.d. of Particle Man, but it would probably sell...not that it would ever happen. Also, the Time person of the century poll is closed for maintenance! The horror! --Jason-- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19981206211858.17870.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Josh Buckland" Subject: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 13:18:57 PST Okay, everybody, I get the point. My site sucks and my spelling and grammer's off. I get it, already. Please, no more signing from you people! I put that there for A) my friends to sign and B) constructive criticism! I obviously A) have no friends on this list and B) will never get anything constructive from anyone on this list. Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html "People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time." Black Sabbath, "Paranoid" ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 17:42:37 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Message-ID: <19981206.174238.4702.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> From: mr.train@juno.com (Tim J Murphy) On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 08:44:35 PST "Nathan Mulac DeHoff" writes: >Kris Maxwell wrote: >>it sounds like a good idea, but you should probably put Careless >>Santa on there. :) > >While you're at it, you should probably include "Careless Santa," too. Ahh... the hilarious thread started by me and my Christmas tape last year.... which turned out great thanks to this list! TMBGirl was right, a lot of crappy stuff was removed from my tape and stuff from the Dec. Hello Disc was put on there.. here is the final track listing for my tape, if you need some ideas: I call it "In The Future: The Ultimate (alternative) Christmas Tape Side 1 Santa's Beard - TMBG Christmas at The Zoo - Flaming Lips Up On The Housetop - Jimmy Buffett Chanukah Song 2 - Adam Sandler Santa Dog - The Poxy Boggards O Tannenbaum - TMBG Christmas In Heaven - Monty Python Santaholic - O'Phil Santa Claus Is Smokin' Reefer - Squirrel Nut Zippers Santa Claus Is Back In Town - Elvis Presley Santa, Baby - Ertha Kitt Happy X-Mas (War Is Over) - John Lennon Yuleman vs. The Anti-Claus - The Bobs Island Of Misfit Toys - Brian Dewan Thanks For Christmas - XTC We Just Go Nuts At Christmas Time - TMBG The Chipmunk Song - Alvin and the Chipmunks Run, Run Rudolf - Jimmy Buffett Careless Santa - Mono Puff Saturnalia Smile - The House Jacks Side 2 Twelve Days Of Christmas - Bob and Doug McKenzie (Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas) Give Me A Second Chance (For Christmas) - Candy Butchers Christmas At Ground Zero - Wierd Al Long December - Counting Crows (it mentions December OK? plus I had a 110 min. tape to fill) Christmas Cards - TMBG Silver and Gold - Brian Dewan Fifty Kilowatt Tree - The Bobs Winter Reveries / Closing Of The Year - "Toys" Countdown To Christmas Party Time - XTC Ho, Ho, Ho and A Bottle Of Rhum - Jimmy Buffett Sun Valley Ski Run - Esquivel Wintertime - Steve Miller Band Christmas In LA - The Bobs I Will Be Hating You For Christmas - Everclear Auld Lang Syne - TMBG Live! at the Knitting Factory 12-31-89 / 1-1-90 Mr. Skull's New Years Eve Song - The Residents Santa Dog (In The Future reprise) - The Residents now, I know what you're thinking... "Where is Careless Santa???" well I was gonna put it on there... but no one reminded me.... thanks again to all who helped make this THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS TAPE!!! Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Santa's Beard Last CD purchase: Space - Tin Planet (special ed. tin jewelbox) / Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank / Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too - New Radicals / BNL - Stunt / JSBX - Orange / DJ JAzzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Greatest Hits / Odds - Nest (to replace one that was stolen) Favorite mainstream song: You get what You Give - New Radicals PS: You Should put Careless Santa on that ape of yours! >-- >May you live in interesting times, >Nathan >DinnerBell@tmbg.org >http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 17:51:45 -0500 (EST) From: "(*)" Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Message-ID: don't forget the MAGIC fountains of wayne: i want an alien for christmas, and the man in the santa suit! love olivia ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981206194826.007ca210@pop.mindspring.com> Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 19:48:26 -0500 From: Ben Bradshaw Subject: Non-TMBG: Winter Break Sorry that this has no tmbg content other than the fact that I happen to love TMBG, but this is for anyone in the Austin, Texas area. I'm gonna be in Austin from the 26th to new year's, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where any cool music stores were, or if any cool concerts were going on during this time. Also, as a stretch, because I can't really stand my relatives, I was looking to see if there was anyone with whom to hang out. Ben "I love people, they're the ones I can't stand." you know who its by Take A Gander, pt 2 http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/lights/5364 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 22:34:55 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: makin' a xmas tape Message-ID: <19981206.223516.4670.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> From: mr.train@juno.com (Tim J Murphy) On Sun, 6 Dec 1998 17:51:45 -0500 (EST) "(*)" writes: >don't forget the MAGIC fountains of wayne: i want an alien for >christmas, >and the man in the santa suit! Unfortunately I found that CD after I made the tape... and it was pretty expensive, so it didn't make onto the tape... I would've loved to put it on there! Does anyone know if they will ever have a new album? or is Ivy (which is great!) Adam's full time thing now? >From tmbgirl: >>Chanukah Song 2 - Adam Sandler >hmm... i heard the "version 2" last year... is it (the second version) on an album anywhere? I don't think it is on an album... I got a pretty clean (no announcer before or after) recording of it off of the radio... >>Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank >did you have the single or "you've come a long way baby"? >hmm... i've been pondering getting that album for while... (yeahyeah, so i actually liked the housemartins and i really >dig his remix of the beastie boys "body movin") I haven't heard any of the Housemartins.. but I did hear he was a part of that band... I bought the single for this song (2 mixes of RS and 2 other tracks) from CDnow because it was $2.49 I'm glad people are reading my sig, too... Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Sensurround Last CD purchase(s):Space - Tin Planet (Ltd. Ed. tin jewelbox), BNL - Stunt, Odds - Nest (to replace stolen one), DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince - Greatest Hits, JSBX - Orange, Fatboy Slim - Rockafeller Skank, New Radicals - Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too Favorite mainstream song: Dial 7 - All I Want >love >olivia ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #13-7 *****************************