Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #13-8 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 13, Number 8 Tuesday, 8 December 1998 Today's Topics: Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. TMBG: TMBG show on the net Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. TMBG: ERIC JACKSON Re[2]: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. TMBG: Christmas tape TMBG: (sorta) Grahm Maby... Non-TMBG: hello and such Re: Non-TMBG: hello and such TMBG: Dr. Worm Single????? TMBG: bullsh*t Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Single????? TMBG: VIDEOS! Re: TMBG: Christmas tape Re: Non-TMBG: Why we hate buckland TMBG: Blast from the Past - OMLT Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.5b (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:47:35 -0700 (MST) From: Scot Westwood Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Message-ID: I Don't believe it, Josh got a clue. On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Josh Buckland wrote: > Okay, everybody, I get the point. My site sucks and my spelling and > grammer's off. I get it, already. Please, no more signing from you > people! I put that there for A) my friends to sign and B) constructive > criticism! I obviously A) have no friends on this list and B) will never > get anything constructive from anyone on this list. > > Josh Buckland dilbert_2000@hotmail.com > ICQ#: 17262308 contact me! > http://www.angelfire.com/va/ozzyfest/index.html > > "People think I'm insane because I am frowning all the time." > Black Sabbath, "Paranoid" > > ______________________________________________________ > Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > ------------------------------ Message-ID: <017c01be21fc$c3ccb2c0$a9431ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:13:02 -0500 Now I'm kicking myself for setting up that filter for all Josh Buckland emails to be deleted. First, (as seen through tmbgirl's post) he stands up for Lee Harvey Oswald or something... and NOW he finally figures out that we don't like him. I thought he would've gotten the clue about 6 months ago... but I'm still actually amazed that he FINALLY gets it. Josh... here's another clue for you: (written in a language quite similiar to your own, so maybe it sinks in) Okay, Josh, we get the point. Your posts suck and your spelling and grammer are off. You need GET IT already. Please, no more posting from you! We are here for (a) our friends to post interesting messages and (b) informative TMBG material. You obviously (a) are not a friend of the list and (b) will never post anything of any importance WHATSOEVER to the list. Never a need to read between the lines, Brother John Green Jello > >I Don't believe it, Josh got a clue. > >On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Josh Buckland wrote: > >> Okay, everybody, I get the point. My site sucks and my spelling and >> grammer's off. I get it, already. Please, no more signing from you >> people! I put that there for A) my friends to sign and B) constructive >> criticism! I obviously A) have no friends on this list and B) will never >> get anything constructive from anyone on this list. >> ------------------------------ From: Phil Jackson Message-Id: <199812071638.LAA11192@angels.heaven.net> Subject: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:36:21 -0500 > Now I'm kicking myself for setting up that filter for all Josh Buckland > emails to be deleted. First, (as seen through tmbgirl's post) he stands up > for Lee Harvey Oswald or something... and NOW he finally figures out that we > don't like him. > > I thought he would've gotten the clue about 6 months ago... but I'm still > actually amazed that he FINALLY gets it. > > Josh... here's another clue for you: (written in a language quite similiar > to your own, so maybe it sinks in) > > Okay, Josh, we get the point. Your posts suck and your spelling and grammer > are off. You need GET IT already. Please, no more posting from you! We > are here for (a) our friends to post interesting messages and (b) > informative TMBG material. You obviously (a) are not a friend of the list > and (b) will never post anything of any importance WHATSOEVER to the list. > > Never a need to read between the lines, > Brother John Green Jello Ok, this hatred of Josh Buckland? It must have originated from a time before i was on this list....if anyone feels like they could fill me in on all this...it would end the confusion this is causing me. ~Eric "Action" Jackson~ My Bootleg page and TMBG worship site Http://i.am/HellHotel oh and sorry to Brother John Green Jello, i accidentally sent a copy of this mail directly to you..i hit reply instead of reply to all [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <018c01be2200$cb037b60$a9431ecf@default> From: "Green Jello" Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:40:51 -0500 I know... sorry I should've put an explanation on the mail... he always spells it wrong (which caused a HUGE thing many months back) and I did too... I guess to the newer ones.. it may seem like an inside joke, but it's really just another one of my many slams of the ever-unimpressive Josh "why don't you just go somewhere far, far away" Buckland. thanks for the private correction... sorry to turn around and post it to the world... but it had to be done. >>Okay, Josh, we get the point. Your posts suck and your spelling and >grammer > >Actually, it's spelled grammar. ;) > >Farside > > ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:43:50 -0500 (EST) From: "Martin J. Burke" Subject: TMBG: TMBG show on the net Message-ID: In case you haven't noticed liveconcerts.com has archived its They Might Be Giants concert from a while back (i think like a month ago or something). Oh yea....In case anyone is thinking of ordering those TMBG tapes off of this guys Russ's page, do it, they're great. It funny to watch some of the people interviewing them be all stupid and stuff. Marty "no longer lurking" Burke "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" - Dr. Phil Sprunger "You're older than you've ever been, and now you're even older!" -They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19981207131831.0090c7a0@EMail.Psu.Edu> Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 13:18:31 -0500 From: Jason Fickley Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Heh, try searching the archives for "suicide note". --Jason-- At 11:36 AM 12/7/98 -0500, Phil Jackson wrote: >Ok, this hatred of Josh Buckland? It must have originated from a time >before i was on this list....if anyone feels like they could fill me in on >all this...it would end the confusion this is causing me. > > "" Jackson~ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <005b01be2215$65f27a40$15d12581@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: TMBG: ERIC JACKSON Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:09:18 -0500 Eric Jackson, what is the status of the trade we set up? I'm sure you've received the tapes I sent you, so please let me know if I'll ever get yours! Sorry to bother the whole list. Amy :) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <07DEC98.17979259.0071.MUSIC@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU> Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 16:38:50 EST From: Misty Subject: Re[2]: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. >Heh, try searching the archives for "suicide note". > >--Jason-- I just searched the archives and read his "suicide note." I just joined this list in November, so I really had no idea why you guys hated him so much, other than the fact he made that incredibly wussy "I have no friends on this list" post to the list yesterday. Now that I've read his "note," let me say that that is completely fucked up. The guy had no right to use the members of this list as guinea pigs for his stupid "reasearch project," if that's even what he was doing. He made light of the whole idea of suicides (in fact, he compounded this in future posts of his), and that is really fucked up. His website is fucked up too. Endless runs of the part in the Zapruder film where Kennedy's head explodes? That is really fucked up. I reviewed some of his other posts too, and the vast majority of them have nothing to do with TMBG, just with whatever is floating in his mind at the time. When they do have something to do with TMBG, they more often than not are bashing the band, and then he attempts to cover it up by using some bullshit excuse. (My favorite one was when he said "When I said 'quite a lot of their songs suck' I meant to say'only a couple of their songs suck.") From now on I will regard his posts to the mailing list as little more than crys for help. Misty ------------------------------ From: tmbgirl@juno.com Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:36:57 -0700 Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: My Guetbook. Message-ID: <19981207.145653.6342.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> >Ok, this hatred of Josh Buckland? It must have originated from a time >before i was on this list....if anyone feels like they could fill me >in on >all this...it would end the confusion this is causing me. i believe most of the elderly listies problem with josh started when he joined the list and posted totally irrelevant crap. Everyone yelled at him so he faked his own suicide/death thinking that we'd all feel bad about telling him what a dumb-ass he is. Then, when no cared that he was dead, he came back and was like "duh huh it was a psychology experiment." yeah josh. Why he's still here i don't know (i choose to ignore him as best i can but sometimes i forget to read who the messages are from and end up reading his posts anyways... a la that lee harvey oswald thing). i've seen probably 3 TMBG-related posts from him in the entire time he's been on the list and all he was doing then was mutilating TMBG's songs. but here i go posting non-tmbg about how he didn't post tmbg-relevant >oh and sorry to Brother John Green Jello, i accidentally sent a copy >of >this mail directly to you..i hit reply instead of reply to all didn't we all have a big debate over this? i always hit "reply to sender and copy to all recipients" which means that you're gonna get two copies of it... but at least you'll know that i was replying to your message. take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html December 12th: HARVEY DANGER, SOUL COUGHING, CHERRY POPPIN DADDIES, AND LOVE & ROCKETS... and its all free for me :) yay! ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: Gweeg@aol.com Message-ID: <8dd537b8.366c57b6@aol.com> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:33:26 EST Subject: TMBG: Christmas tape I think "The Bells are Ringing" might be able to be passed off as a christmas song it has nothing to do with christmas but it just sounds like one ------------------------------ From: OHLERT@accuwx.com Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 23:19:26 +0000 (GMT) Subject: TMBG: (sorta) Grahm Maby... Message-id: <01J52O4CZDS29394RH@accuwx.com> Organization: AccuWeather, Inc Hey all, Was listening to a favorite disc of vinyl last night, Night and Day by Joe Jackson (circa 1980-82 don't remember excat year), it has "Stepping Out" and "Breaking Us In Two" (those were the ones that got a bunch of radio play). Well I opened up the record jacket and who is listed as the bass player, no other than Grahm Maby one of our dear TMBG bassist alums....:) I love it when bands and artists I like get linked in this way....just thought I'd share... Peter ohlert@accuwx.com ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 18:25:39 -0500 From: Sarah Subject: Non-TMBG: hello and such Message-id: <366C63F3.3D38@wmich.edu> Hi peoples! I'm Sarah and I am back on the list again... but I know none of you will remember me 'cuz I was only on for a couple of months at about the same time last year. Anyway.... I'm wondering why everyone is SO against Josh. Why can't you just leave him alone and just ignore him if you don't like him so much? I don't see why you have to make such a big deal out of it... but I guess that's just me. ~Sarah "Make a little birdhouse in your soul" -- >>>Visit my homepage!<<< http://www.angelfire.com/me/momerath >>>Thank you! Come again!<<< ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <14592152.366c6cb9@aol.com> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 19:03:05 EST Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: hello and such In a message dated 12/7/98 6:28:39 PM, sarah.hurd@wmich.edu writes: >Hi peoples! I'm Sarah and I am back on the list again... but I know none >of you will remember me 'cuz I was only on for a couple of months at >about the same time last year. Anyway.... I'm wondering why everyone is >SO against Josh. Why can't you just leave him alone and just ignore him >if you don't like him so much? I don't see why you have to make such a >big deal out of it... but I guess that's just me. > >~Sarah well, since you were only on the list for a short time, you didn't get to see his LOVELY posts.. faking he was older, faking to have committed suicide, flaming the rest of the list for not feeling sorry (aka not buying his joke), all his chain letter fwds, norman bates pictures (which replaced the digest on some days) etc.. i'd explain more but 1) david cross is on a newsradio repeat and 2) there's a dave foley chat, woo hoo! sarah ------------------------------ From: OHLERT@accuwx.com Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 02:06:38 +0000 (GMT) Subject: TMBG: Dr. Worm Single????? Message-id: <01J52TXPHS9E939IPV@accuwx.com> Organization: AccuWeather, Inc Hey All, Does anyone know about a european Dr. Worm single? I was just bumming around the 'net and decided to drop into gemm.com and they list an european import Dr. Worm single. Anyone have any info on this? Does anyone know if restless plans a u.s. Dr. Worm single??? Peter ohlert@accuwx.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <7c3c7e47.366c8ab7@aol.com> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:11:03 EST Subject: TMBG: bullsh*t found this on a barenaked ladies list. :P ~ just read a quick thing in rolling stone.....it was on the important albums (or discs) or the year and BNL fell into the list that included Pearl Jam, DMB, HOle, and alot of other bands i dont know (cause i am not cool, and havent kept up with the times) anyway they mentioned in the article that, (this is all paraphrased) TMBG are crying , because BNL has learned to capitalize on the geek rock and refernces of the 80's, and that they are better when they are funny, they also mentioned that they are "quirky" and that one who "lives by the quirk dies by it"............. ~ sarah watch mr. show tonight at midnight on hbo ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:31:57 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Dr. Worm Single????? Message-ID: <19981207.213441.16494.0.Superman75@juno.com> From: superman75@juno.com (Adam Schaaf) hi. > Does anyone know about a european Dr. Worm single? I was just >bumming around the 'net and decided to drop into gemm.com and >they list an european import Dr. Worm single. Anyone have any info >on this? Does anyone know if restless plans a u.s. Dr. Worm single? well, STD came out way back in august and it's now december. so the dr. worm single should be out about the same time as superfueled freaksicle. as for the european version, i thought i remember hearing about a CD promo overseas with worm and the STD istanbul on it. maybe that's this import. i'd say ignore it, unless you were really curious and if it were cheap. imports rarely are. i'd save your pennies for the new album next year. and by the by, has the baby linnell made its triumphant entrance into the world yet? your underking of pop trivia, adam schaaf * ------------------------------------------ Philly Tour Dates Dec. 12 - The Bouncing Souls Dec. 19 - The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion Dec. 27 - Dream Theater * ------------------------------------------ ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Subject: TMBG: VIDEOS! Message-ID: <19981207.213918.4671.0.sailormorningstar@juno.com> From: sailormorningstar@juno.com (Karyn M Linnell!) Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 21:43:01 EST <> yes..yes...I want to know...when and if this is coming out.. I have seen very few of their music videos..(some including Birdhouse IYS and Don't Lets start..) AND WOULD REALLY REALLY LIKE TO SEE THE REST. I was wondering...if this video doesn't end up, coming out, could someone dub me a few of their videos, if you have them??? PLEASE! Or does anyone know of a way I can get my hands on the old comp? THANKS! -Karyn aka Celeste :P "Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed, Mis-Understanding All You See." -John Lennon....another fab John L "I don't want the world, I just want your half." -From 'Ana Ng' ___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 22:00:38 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Christmas tape In a message dated 12/7/98 9:53:39 PM, Gweeg@AOL.com writes: >I think "The Bells are Ringing" might be able to be passed off as a christmas >song it has nothing to do with christmas but it just sounds like one > i started an xmas tape today but got bored fast and gave it to my little sister.{{ i have a tape with some shadowy men on a shadowy planet xmas songs, but the tape got ripped up (and there's no screws in the tape... !!?? so i can't fix it. :P) }} the track list was kinda like.. * tmbg - o tannenbaum * barenaked ladies/sarah mclachlan - god rest ye merry gentlemen * mono puff - careless santa * tmbg - the bells are ringing * tmbg - christmas cards * kevin hearn - horizon * sarah mclachlan - black and white ('ice' and 'song for a winter's night' are too slow. ) * elevator to hell - morning clouds (it's... a pretty song.. oh and disregard the name of the band. they're like yo la tengo. no death metal here.) * something by rufus wainwright, didn't get around to it. 200+ cd's and, not many holiday songs. hm. sarah ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:30:17 -0800 (PST) From: leonard helfgott Subject: Re: Non-TMBG: Why we hate buckland Message-ID: I think it's more habit than true feelings of enmity that we so do hate Josh Buckland. It started, as most of you know, with the little "psychology experiment" that he subjected us to a little while ago (no, Josh, we still haven't forgotten), and it escalated when he said that we were stupid for insulting him about this little "psychology experiment". Ever since then, he has been doing random things (asking how to spy on people online and such) that make him the most important part of this list. The common enemy. When the reverend Bill Tatolovich (sorry, rev, but I can't spell your name right) and I are at each other's throats over communism or almost any other topic that the rev and I seem to argue about, we can always rely on Josh Buckland to do something so incredibly stupid that we have got to unite on the common ground of insulting him. THis is why we hate Josh Buckland, and also why we couldn't live as a list without him. Cap'n Helfgott, who apologizes for speaking for the entire list. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000a01be2276$ecfad760$66276520@oemcomputer> From: "kelspots" Subject: TMBG: Blast from the Past - OMLT Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 01:49:35 -0500 Since I've noticed that I'm missing about $12, I remembered that nothing ever happened with the OMLT's. I was off the list for a while, but was anything ever decided about them? I'm assuming they're dead in the water and our money went to Christie's books in her first semester at school. But I'm interested in any information! Amy :) [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #13-8 *****************************