Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-365 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 365 Thursday, 1 January 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: random ramblings Re: TMBG: random ramblings Re: TMBG: random ramblings Re: TMBG: random ramblings Re: TMBG: random ramblings Re: TMBG: random ramblings TMBG: Plastic Dinosaurs and other crazy stuff Re: TMBG: Plastic Dinosaurs and other crazy stuff TMBG: NORTON! TMBG: No man is truly poor who has money. Re: TMBG: No man is truly poor who has money. Re: TMBG: No man is truly poor who has money. Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 07:55:41 -0700 Subject: TMBG: random ramblings Message-ID: <19971231.075556.11110.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! >>> Where do you people find these C.D.s by Lincoln? I've looked everywhere with no avail...<<< uh, tower records worked out pretty well for me =) >>> I also found a reference on the Simpsons (surprise). Homer was an autorail driver and a sticker on the auto car fell off. Behind the sticker was another one that read "64 worlds fair"<<< what were you thinking that was a reference to? >>>Wow! What's up with the 45 single from Linnell? I never heard of it, does anyone actually have it?<<< hehee, yeah the mundanes for linny and the turtlenecks for flansy... i only wish i owned the 7inches =( someone on the list should buy it from him and then dub it for all of us =) now regarding this whole following the masses debate... anyone out there like *dr. demento*? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** ------------------------------ From: Kaylum Message-ID: Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:35:51 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: random ramblings Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) << now regarding this whole following the masses debate... anyone out there like *dr. demento*? >> Ah, I love Dr. D! As a matter of fact, his show was the very first place I heard TMBG, tho I really didn't pay much attention at the time. I remember hearing "Istanbul, Not Constantinople" on his show quite a few years back, and after I discovered TMBG (I hadn't gotten Flood yet, only John Henry), something clicked in my memory and I asked an e-mail friend if TMBG did "a song about Istanbul." Silly me. Dr. D. still plays TMBG semi-regularly. Once he had a theme of "stupid songs," and to my chagrin, one of the songs he played was "Birdhouse in Your Soul"! Right after he played it, tho, he said, "Well, that really wasn't a stupid song--They Might Be Giants are incapable of writing a stupid song." I thought that was cool. Kay ------------------------------ From: Benmobil Message-ID: <69e521c6.34aa7e90@aol.com> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 12:18:55 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: random ramblings Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 12/31/97 10:44:23 AM Central Standard Time, Kaylum@aol.com writes: << now regarding this whole following the masses debate... anyone out there like *dr. demento*? >> I have been listening to Dr.Demento since i can remember and thats how i found out about TMBG he mentioned his special on MTV so i watched it and was enraptured but a song by these 2 guys with carpets on there heads and right there TMBG became my favorate group. The Ben ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19971231181202.0067f5a4@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 12:12:02 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: random ramblings >>>> Where do you people find these C.D.s by Lincoln? I've looked >everywhere with no avail...<<< > I purchased mine from my local Hastings... >now regarding this whole following the masses debate... >anyone out there like *dr. demento*? > Dr. Demento, I used to listen to him all the time, until I learned that it was being played at the same time as 120 minutes. Then I just started going to bed on sunday nights. L "Severly "D"isapointed with that Net Yarouze thingie..." B DONT FORGET EVERYONES BIGGER THAN THE LIST LDB's They Might Be Giant Page: --Updated 30-DEC-97-- http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/tmbg/index.htm The Mr. Gone Font Page: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/mrgone/index.html ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199712312235.QAA10976@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: Re: TMBG: random ramblings Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 16:34:05 -0600 JOrdaN once asked, thinking that the headaches would subside... >now regarding this whole following the masses debate... > anyone out there like *dr. demento*? > Dr. Demento lost his grip on my small town years ago now, and despite the fact that he still plays practically the exact same songs since I first listened to him around the time of BATMAN 1, I miss his show terribly.--- the sad empty void where Whimsical Will used to be is a sad, empty void now. Lezza Gibbons is **NOT** a satisfactory substitute. Oh, I invite everybody over to my house tonight for a warm cup of New Years Postum and a hefty bowl of Chex Mix and Prunes. We'll be watching a director's cut of Planes Trains and Automobiles and playing Electrical Taser Twister. Bring your undies! Mike "and of course, we'll be having sweet monkey love" Leffel --- a government certified hunka hunka burning leper juice. ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 15:47:06 -0700 Subject: Re: TMBG: random ramblings Message-ID: <19971231.154751.4462.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 14:29:48 EST Dr Worm X writes: >'64 worlds fair would be to ana ng (obviously) uhm, no i meant possibly it was a reference to the 64 worlds fair... ya know, and had nothing to do with TMBG... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** ------------------------------ Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 19:13:36 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Plastic Dinosaurs and other crazy stuff Message-ID: <19971231.191339.6998.0.johnhenry5@juno.com> From: johnhenry5@juno.com (SLOWFALL N) Howdy All!!! I was watching the news the other night when the story they were talking about was how old toys like plastic dinosaurs were getting more popular. Anyway, the anchor said "everything old is new again". I was just wondering if anyone knows if that is the saying that "Everything Right Is Wrong Again" is based on. Hey, even if it isn't, it was still enough to freak me out when I heard the guy say it. Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! Andy Nich0ls " Today I hit the ground, and found, these wings made of tin will just cave in and iron boots just keep me down" Rustic Overtones - "Iron Boots" ------------------------------ From: Shaft137 Message-ID: <3adf521c.34aaf644@aol.com> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 20:49:54 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Plastic Dinosaurs and other crazy stuff Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) hi. i think i've got this right. the song "Everything Right Is Wrong Again" is derieved from a movie staring Lucile Ball and Dezi Arnez called "The Long, Long Trailer." The two are driving to California, Dezi in the car, Lucy in a trailer. as they drive along, all of the stuff in trailer starts to fall and break. despite Lucy's cries for help, "nobody would stop to save her." if that's wrong, everyone can beat me up and take my milk money. cheers! adam schaaf, hoping he'll get that kiss from Mike Leiffel at the stroke of midnight. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199801010219.UAA14847@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: NORTON! Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 20:17:48 -0600 > > i think i've got this right. the song "Everything Right Is Wrong Again" is > derieved from a movie staring Lucile Ball and Dezi Arnez called "The > Long, Long Trailer." The two are driving to California, Dezi in the car, > Lucy in a trailer. as they drive along, all of the stuff in trailer starts to > fall > and break. despite Lucy's cries for help, "nobody would stop to save her." > Did anybody see the one where John and John get the job at the candy factory? HAHAHAH!! It sure is funny when Linnell cries "RIIICKY!" or "WAAAAH!" or begs him to let him be in the babaloo show... > adam schaaf, hoping he'll get that kiss from Mike Leiffel at the stroke of > midnight. Damn, woman! I just gave you sweet loving five minutes ago!! ^_^ Mike "REMEMBER... when a bell rings, I'm following an angel." Leffel --- but why must I throw my body off a bridge? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199801010615.AAA17896@cereal.ncfcomm.com> From: "mal" Subject: TMBG: No man is truly poor who has money. Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 00:13:25 -0600 HAPPY NEW YEAR! Mike "Everything Right Is Wrong Again" Leffel --Ready for the Apocalypse and Sweet Monkey Love *yes, I'm so lame I'm at home, alone, in a fetal position in the dark, weeping. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980101062747.3315.qmail@hotmail.com> From: "Carl Hoffmann" Subject: Re: TMBG: No man is truly poor who has money. Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 22:27:47 PST Hot Damn!! My first email of the new year and it's from the ubiquitous Mike Leffel. Not from my friend in Hong Kong, not from business associates in London, but from the guy who drives the creativity around here 24 hours a day! This calls for a Nyquil toast for all drivers out there.. a.k.a. Don't Drive Drunk tonight. --Carl "Listening to John Henry Tonight" Hoffmann HAPPY NEW YEAR! Mike "Everything Right Is Wrong Again" Leffel --Ready for the Apocalypse and Sweet Monkey Love *yes, I'm so lame I'm at home, alone, in a fetal position in the dark, weeping. ______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980101064126.0068e0a8@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 00:41:26 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: No man is truly poor who has money. Well it had to be Mike-y-Leffel-boy-o or He would fade into nothingness, that damn spell put on him by Doctor Strange that also stripped away his powers of the beyonder. The Gamma Radiation also had a little to do with it. Oh and that Radioactive spider. Don't forget the day Rob Liefield ripped him off and made Mick Lieffel, gah that was sickening... END USELESS COMICBOOK REFRENCING NOW! LDB the Duck, Trapped in a world he never made... At 10:27 PM 12/31/97 PST, Carl Hoffmann wrote: >Hot Damn!! My first email of the new year and it's from the ubiquitous >Mike Leffel. Not from my friend in Hong Kong, not from business >associates in London, but from the guy who drives the creativity around >here 24 hours a day! This calls for a Nyquil toast for all drivers out >there.. a.k.a. Don't Drive Drunk tonight. > >--Carl "Listening to John Henry Tonight" Hoffmann > >HAPPY NEW YEAR! > > >Mike "Everything Right Is Wrong Again" Leffel >--Ready for the Apocalypse and Sweet Monkey Love > >*yes, I'm so lame I'm at home, alone, in a >fetal position in the dark, weeping. > > > >______________________________________________________ >Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com > > -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/index.html TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-365 ******************************