Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-368 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 368 Sunday, 4 January 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Space Ghost interviews Flans Re: TMBG: Space Ghost interviews Flans Re: TMBG: Space Ghost interviews Flans TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-366 TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-366 TMBG: Linnell Re: TMBG: Video Game or dream??? Re: TMBG: Video Game or dream??? TMBG: Son I am able Re: TMBG: Space Ghost interviews Flans Re: TMBG: Video Game or dream??? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Shaft137 Message-ID: <75e316cb.34ade71b@aol.com> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 02:22:01 EST Subject: TMBG: Space Ghost interviews Flans Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) hi. it's been two days and no one's mentioned this. i take it i'm the only one who saw the Space Ghost/Cartoon Planet New Year's Eve Special. He gave a preview of his show for 1998. Among the highlighted guests was Flans. SGC2C is going through a batch of new episodes right now. Keep your ears and eyes open for that episode. adam schaaf, who is being forced to drink all the extra egg nog before it expires. yum. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34ADEBC9.6EE2@rica.net> Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 02:42:01 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost interviews Flans Shaft137 wrote: > > hi. > > it's been two days and no one's mentioned this. i take it i'm the only > one who saw the Space Ghost/Cartoon Planet New Year's Eve Special. > He gave a preview of his show for 1998. Among the highlighted guests > was Flans. > > SGC2C is going through a batch of new episodes right now. Keep your > ears and eyes open for that episode. > > adam schaaf, who is being forced to drink all the extra egg nog before > it expires. yum. Cool, thanks for posting this info. I take it tonight's Space Ghost was a rerun or non-Flans show? Anyone? Anyone? Stein? Stein? Joey, breaking resolutions right and left, close personal friend of Mark Evanier (I'm kidding) ------------------------------ From: ForScience Message-ID: <3b1c3277.34aded4b@aol.com> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 02:48:25 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost interviews Flans Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 98-01-03 02:45:01 EST, jgroah@rica.net writes: << I take it tonight's Space Ghost was a rerun or non-Flans show? Anyone? Anyone? Stein? Stein? >> nope, Flans wasnt on tonights episode........ ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <441989fe.34ae0627@aol.com> Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 04:34:29 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-366 Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Oh ...fudge. disregard that. i forgot to change the email addy. d'oh! posting more nonsense. ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 04:33:38 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-366 Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) >Message-Id: <199801010734.BAA18675@cereal.ncfcomm.com> >From: "mal" >Subject: Re: TMBG: No man is truly poor who has money. >Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 01:32:29 -0600 > >TMBG CONTENTO: I still haven't gotten a catolog. Wah Wah >Pinkney Flange. Anyway, I was wondering if there is someone >out there so incredibly lame that they would scan the thing >in and put it up on a website? Huh? Huh? > >Come on! I know you're out there, mister 'I'm a lurker >and I've got a webpage and I've got a scanner and a catalog >and I need some dirty gyspy sorcery techno-love!' I have 3 catalogues ... Well it's their fault they sent me *2* (got another at the concert). If you'd like one, lemme know.. sarah ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 11:13:03 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Linnell Message-ID: <19980103.111304.4454.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> Hey! Train here! This is Semi-TMBG... I was at someone's house last night eating dinner and watching the Orange Bowl and their son was there with hs new wife... guess what her name was! LINNELL!!!!! I am not sure about the spelling, it might have been Lynelle or some reasonable facsimile, but it was all I could do just not to laugh every time someone called her name out... has anyone heard of this before? i doubt her parents were TMBG fans while John and John were still in junior high... I didn't ask her if she knew of the band though... Hmmm.. maybe I WILL name my kid Flansburgh... and if it's a boy... hmmmmm... Tim, he's shakin' down Cupid Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 11:16:22 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Game or dream??? Message-ID: <19980103.111728.4462.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> I thought that there was a TMBG video game, or at least one was in the works, I think it was called We Might Get Sued... anyone remember this or was I dreaming... if I can find the URL to the homepae I will post it... but I'm pretty sure a game was being made for PC by some students... Tim, his room's comfortably small Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: On Fri, 2 Jan 1998 12:54:14 -0500 filthyscarecrow@webtv.net writes: > Hey all N64 owners: <> > This means that one >of the Johns could star in a video game! I'm done now.. > >Danno >"Yeah, we're a freak magnet"-John Flansburgh > ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 14:10:21 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Game or dream??? Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 98-01-03 11:24:48 EST, mr.train wrote: << I thought that there was a TMBG video game, or at least one was in the works, I think it was called We Might Get Sued... anyone remember this or was I dreaming... if I can find the URL to the homepae I will post it... but I'm pretty sure a game was being made for PC by some students... >> Well...I don't know anything about a regular TMBG video game, but I do know of a TMBG add-on for the game Quake. I played it a little. Mostly the sounds are different and bullets and stuff are called pencils, etc. Also, I think if you play with it in deathmatch your character will look like Flans. Also, I've been working on a TMBG scenario for Civilization II. I'm gradually getting a fun little plot line and sporadically coming up with cool units. When I'm done with it (although I'm sure that by the time I'm done with mine several others may have appeared...I'll just have to make mine better) I guess I'll have to put it on the net somewhere. Anyway...I'll let folks know. -Carey "Don't call me a video game buff! I AM a video game! Oh... wait...." "He's gone insane!" "You're quick, ain't ya?" ------------------------------ From: TerryTMBG Message-ID: <14cdfa72.34af1b62@aol.com> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 00:17:20 EST Subject: TMBG: Son I am able Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Hey everyone ... I had a rather uninteresting day, with one happy shiny cool high point. No, it was not finding 5 different books on the lives of the Hanson brothers (I hear _Totally Taylor_ has been nominated for a Pulitzer), actually, it was in a record store (Newbury Comics in Warwick, RI for those of you 'round those parts) where I found Mono Puff's "The Devil Went Down To Newport" 45 rpm vinyl. Now I don't know if this has been discussed before, since I am somewhat of a list newbie, but anyway, it was on Slow River Records, which is I believe based out of Boston since it came attached with a nice little catalog featuring many Boston-area bands. And the address is in Marblehead, MA. Anyway, "The Devil Went Down To Newport" is the A-side, and I think it is a slightly different version, but I can't be sure because I only got a brief listen. The B-side is "Pretty Fly" with Sister Puff. On the back, it says this ... Felt-tip pen. Mono Puff is from New York. Sister Puff is Robin Goldwasser. The song "The Devil Went Down To Newport" is on the Rykodisc LP "Unsupervised." "Pretty Fly" is only here for now. So anyway, it's copyright 1996, and if anyone wants it, I can make a snazzy little tape featuring this, the S-E-X-X-Y vinyl EP (to continue the vinyl theme) and a little piece of a TMBG interview with WBRU-FM in Providence where they played "James K. Polk" and "How Can I Sing Like A Girl" ... it was very close to the release date of FS, but I don't remember exactly. Anyway, if you send me a blank tape, I'll be happy to make a copy for you, and if you send me a bootleg to trade I will be happy to make you a copy and you will be on my good side forever, even when I'm ruling the world. Okay, sorry to have made such a long post if all I've said is redundant, but I hope this interests some people. If you care to know anything else, my e-mail address is TerryTMBG@aol.com. Okay, coolio, thanks!!!! -Terry- ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34AF328B.7C6A@geocities.com> Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 22:56:11 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost interviews Flans Shaft137 wrote: > > hi. > > it's been two days and no one's mentioned this. i take it i'm the only > one who saw the Space Ghost/Cartoon Planet New Year's Eve Special. > He gave a preview of his show for 1998. Among the highlighted guests > was Flans. > > SGC2C is going through a batch of new episodes right now. Keep your > ears and eyes open for that episode. Actually, my GF called from Florida (NO, she doesn't hate me, she's on vacation, dammit!), and she said that the Flans episode will be on THIS Friday. Yes, THIS one. Like January 9th. Now, don't quote me on this if I'm wrong, boys and girls, but if I'm right, remember who told you... *wink* **Vlad waits patiently for his late-ordered TMBG merchandise to arrive** Sigh... -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34AF3306.1016@geocities.com> Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 22:58:14 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Video Game or dream??? mr.train@juno.com wrote: > > I thought that there was a TMBG video game, or at least one was in the > works, I think it was called We Might Get Sued... anyone remember this or > was I dreaming... if I can find the URL to the homepae I will post it... > but I'm pretty sure a game was being made for PC by some students... You know what? Some Listie was working on that a while ago. And you know what? I haven't been able to find him. And you know what else? I HAVE the game. You get to be Flans and walk around. Fun. It's called "They Might Be Game." And you know what else? I think I'll post it on my web page for all you bored listies out there. My URL is in my sig. And also; if the author of that game is out there, and you don't want it on my page, I'll take it off or give you credit or whatever. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-368 ******************************