Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-369 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 369 Monday, 5 January 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Unsolved Mysteries: Ordering from the Catalog Re: TMBG: Unsolved Mysteries: Ordering from the Catalog Re: TMBG: Unsolved Mysteries: Ordering from the Catalog TMBG: Re:TMBG BNF and BNL TMBG: x-mas hat NON-TMBG: the minus 5 Re: TMBG: x-mas hat Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: ArwenAnaNg Message-ID: <1dc4afc9.34af8e0e@aol.com> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 08:26:36 EST Subject: TMBG: Unsolved Mysteries: Ordering from the Catalog Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 98-01-04 02:08:31 EST, you write: << **Vlad waits patiently for his late-ordered TMBG merchandise to arrive** Sigh... >> Don't hold your breath, Vlad. Back in mid-September of 1997, I ordered almost $300 worth of stuff from the catalog for October birtday gifts. Because it was a long and complicated order, I figured sending it all in a letter would be best. Wrong. By November, my credit card still hadn't been charged and I had all but completely forgotten about the order. 3 days before Christmas, the massive order finally arrived (of course, after I had already charged WAY too much $ on Xmas presents.) And, as one might expect, it was missing a few things. Not that I wasn't delighted to receive some new Giants vinyl, t-shirts, hats, pencils, etc. (3 months later, just in time for the holidays!?!) but I just figured the letter had become lost and the money I had planned to spend was mine to spend again. (Good thing I just got some more work thrown my way.) Anyhoo, best of luck on receiving your order. A tip to everyone: order by PHONE. Arwen "If I were material, I'd be seersucker" AnaNg ------------------------------ From: HallOfEyes Message-ID: Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:30:16 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Unsolved Mysteries: Ordering from the Catalog Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 98-01-04 08:28:33 EST, ArwenAnaNg@aol.com writes: << A tip to everyone: order by PHONE. >> Oooh, i wouldnt know about that. I ordered by phone and waited months, and nothing happened. Finally i sent in a letter and got my stuff 3 weeks later. And yes, during those months i kept calling and repeating my orders, etc. Well i dont know, its a wacky kinda thing theyve got goin on over there man, Jordan "Hello...Tmbg list...where arrrrre youuuu?" um..no last name ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980104170838.00925aa0@csrlink.net> Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 17:08:38 -0500 From: Dylan Flipse Subject: Re: TMBG: Unsolved Mysteries: Ordering from the Catalog At 04:30 PM 1/4/98 EST, you wrote: >In a message dated 98-01-04 08:28:33 EST, ArwenAnaNg@aol.com writes: > ><< A tip to everyone: order by > PHONE. >> > > >Oooh, i wouldnt know about that. I ordered by phone and waited months, and >nothing happened. Finally i sent in a letter and got my stuff 3 weeks later. >And yes, during those months i kept calling and repeating my orders, etc. >Well i dont know, its a wacky kinda thing theyve got goin on over there man, Wacky, yes. However, I put in like a $200 order around the end of summer and got my loot in just over two weeks. That was over the phone. Then my dad made a phone order, probably sometime around the end of November, that was here by Christmas. So, in my experience, I'd say try the phone. Dylan "Yah Mon" Flipse Dylan Flipse...one of them. - dflipse@csrlink.net Dylan's page is at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/9909/ for now. I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed -They Might Be Giants, the coolest thing this side of Zaphod Beeblebrox. ------------------------------ From: TrackmanE@aol.com Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 17:28:28 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <980104172827_807529672@mrin51.mx> Subject: TMBG: Re:TMBG BNF and BNL I'm new to the list. Does anyone know where the video "KATE" was filmed? Not a geographical place however. The artist is Ben folds Five. I'm also just getting into Bare Naked Ladies. does anyone have any favorites ect? anyone know any intresting facts? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980104205717.006b7d2c@pop.indy.net> Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 20:57:17 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: TMBG: x-mas hat i was just wondering if anyone else ordered the way cool ski cap from the catalog? i got all my other stuff on time but i was extra sad when my packing slip noted (without explaination) that i had $12.00 credit to my account and no hat. :( just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. -rachel ps: any of you space ghost fans may wanna check out http://www.buffalo.edu/~gmkoenig/sg/ it's where i first heard of the possible flans appearance months ago. it doesn't say anything about the jan 9th episode but has a rather up to date schedulte. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980104210446.006b88f8@pop.indy.net> Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 21:04:46 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: NON-TMBG: the minus 5 (i swear this is my last post today :) since everyone seems to me having a great time posting about other bands they like besides tmbg, i decied to post about one of my fave bands, the minus 5. just wondering if anyone else out there likes them? eh? they're not tmbgish, they're just damn good. ooops, can i swear on this list? -rachel ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: <531bb63b.34b0597e@aol.com> Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 22:54:36 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: x-mas hat Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 98-01-04 21:01:28 EST, rachel wrote: << i was just wondering if anyone else ordered the way cool ski cap from the catalog? i got all my other stuff on time but i was extra sad when my packing slip noted (without explaination) that i had $12.00 credit to my account and no hat. :( just wondering if anyone else had the same problem. >> I ordered an x-mas ski cap. And through the mail, no less. I got everything that I ordered in perfect condition, in good time, etc. There wasn't really anything at all wrong with my order. Of course... I think that the only reason the hat wasn't sold out for me was because I bought it for someone else, so it wasn't my luck that affected the outcome. -Carey ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-369 ******************************