Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-376 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 376 Monday, 12 January 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: rat patrol Re: TMBG: Any traffic? TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-375 - Only one post?!? Re: TMBG: Any traffic? TMBG: The reason for no posts Re: TMBG: The reason for no posts Re: TMBG: Where is everyone? Re: TMBG: The reason for no posts TMBG:Duck TMBG: i don't think so. Re: TMBG: rat patrol TMBG: duck patrol TMBG: lull.. TMBG: You can have fun too Re: TMBG: rat patrol TMBG: Well at least we have had some discussion Re: TMBG: rat patrol TMBG: Re:where have all the listees gone? TMBG: You think THAT'S wierd? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 3:22:02 CST Subject: TMBG: rat patrol Message-ID: i have no idea how new this news is, but rat patrol is on their download a song. it's pretty interesting, not too tripped out and actually fairly hi fi. just flansy singing acapella. check it out if you haven't already. jer [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Cartman, you couldn't tell the difference between a rain forest and a pop tart!! "Yeah I can, a pop tart's frosted." --Comedy central's "South Park" [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980109212645.006b847c@pop.indy.net> Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 21:26:45 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Any traffic? At 04:13 PM 1/9/98 -0500, you wrote: >I was wondering if anything's going on here...I haven't gotten any mail in >a couple of days. Have I been unsubscribed somehow? > >TTYL, > >-Adam >/----=========================================================----\ > http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ >The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! > Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 > > i haven't been getting any mail either for the last couple days, except this one just now. maybe everyone just got really sick of tmbg all of the sudden and we're the only 2 fans left in the whole world. or maybe there's the really huge concert (that has lasted 2 days) that everyone else on the list knows about except us and thats why they haven't been posting. or maybe we're just really pathetic and everyone else finally got a life. ever think of that? huh? or maybe theres this myterious plague... ok i'll stop :) rachel C'MON EVERYBODY! I KNOW YOU WANNA WRITE SOMETHING!!!! ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg Message-ID: <202469b.34b8da69@aol.com> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 09:42:47 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-375 - Only one post?!? Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Well, I only receive the Digested version & Blink is the only one who posted anything. On another sad note, I believe Mike Leffel's computer finally went kaput. Arwen "Life without Mike Leffel is like life without sunshine" AnaNg ------------------------------ From: Benmobil Message-ID: <6a3400d.34b8da7e@aol.com> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 09:43:10 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Any traffic? Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) >or maybe there's >the really huge concert (that has lasted 2 days) that everyone else on the >list knows about except us and thats why they haven't been posting. I think what happened is everyone was getting prepared for Ben Bolds Five on Saturday Night Live and they had to go into some kind of pre-television apperance trance of meditation of something.After All that Mr.Folds and Comapny only play one song.......was this a rip? who knows . Untill Next Time= The Ben ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot Message-ID: Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:01:57 EST Subject: TMBG: The reason for no posts Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) I think there's a reason for a lack of posts...and it is clearly simple: TMBG are currently not (seemingly) doing anything. There are no tour dates to talk about. No new album yet....ddon't worry....we just don't have anything to talk about.... -jason "mr. hankie, the christmas poo" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980111121402.006a0940@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:14:02 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: The reason for no posts Oh, come on! :) I don't remember the list ever being this bad, and I've been on for a year-and-a-half or so. When there's nothing TMBG to talk about, we make up stuff. Fandom will find a way... OK, I know there are a lot of BFF fans here...what did you think of the SNL performance? One song, and it wasn't even performed too well. :( BTW, I got the new BFF CD yesterday. It's worth getting if you're a fan, but it's not a good place for a new fan to start. Also, I think it really drags near the end...but that's just MHO. TTYL, -Adam At 12:01 PM 1/11/98 EST, you wrote: >I think there's a reason for a lack of posts...and it is clearly simple: TMBG >are currently not (seemingly) doing anything. There are no tour dates to talk >about. No new album yet....ddon't worry....we just don't have anything to talk >about.... > >-jason "mr. hankie, the christmas poo" glastetter > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 10:15:46 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Where is everyone? Message-ID: On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, The Cowans wrote: > Did everyone vanish? I haven't gotten any mail today and I only got 3 > messages yesterday. Is something wrong with the list server? i have two words: winter... break... i have another two words: fear... not... this list has gone through at least three or four lull periods during the span i've been subscribing, yet it always seems to bounce back well enough. i for one am working on an interp of 'the biggest one' that i'll post sometime next week... i hereby challenge the list to come up with other interps for this song... or other as-yet-uninterp'ed songs from the tmbg.org site... or anything, really... --jim kuemmerle, who raises his broom proudly and sallies forth before plea-bargaining his challenges all to pot... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199801111718.MAA09205@elvis.vnet.net> From: "John Many Jars" Date: Sun, 11 Jan 98 12:17:27 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: The reason for no posts -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- On Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:01:57 EST, Happyfroot wrote: >about. No new album yet....ddon't worry....we just don't have anything to talk >about.... This is actually ok with me, though I enjoy the lively discussions we (using the term loosely, since I haven't posted anything to the list in about fifty years) have here. Currently my TMBG-List folder, to which these mails are automatically filed as they come in, has 2248 items in it. (I recently changed mailers, and one reason I did so was that my old one took about five minutes to open that folder, while the new one takes about two seconds!) *** TMBG content? None, unless you count saying "Hi" to the lovely friends I visited during my weekend (which happens to fall in the middle of everyone else's week), and I think I know who you are! ;) Oh, BTW, if anyone was wondering what caused the unseasonably warm weather that covered certain parts of the East Coast last week, I'm afraid it's my fault. I had to magically manipulate the weather a bit so that I could drive from lower NC to the DC & Baltimore areas to do my visiting. Now that I'm home, I believe things will be returning to normal. (Of course, the thaumic recoil could cause a small blizzard this July, but I'll worry about that later. :) Bork bork, /* // * Carl Hudkins // pardon me while I have a strange interlude * chud@vnet.net // * [Team OS/2] // */ // http://users.vnet.net/chud/ -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: 2.6.2 Comment: Would you send mail without an envelope? iQCVAwUBNLj+pr5BFpotHh45AQFxCgQAiCux4Ym6nHQmwwXbzOufSEqDZkJTLheZ UiDwnTkDeThpY9v0Ppg53taDvptXY6KBfoa02NsSZO6aemuUFUN/cNlb2mjO+X1c MEp+nhJGNzoKgQhxExJT1tnKoGzPSLcLWUm9nmhdD9mJGfvSc1YjZiGgRWj88E8v OeS7G5gC4wg= =YS38 -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- ------------------------------ From: PLurie1982 Message-ID: <2a33a8ce.34b8ffae@aol.com> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:21:50 EST Subject: TMBG:Duck Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) If donald duck doesnt wear pants, why does he put a towel around his waist when he comes out of the shower? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199801111752.MAA71290@mime2.prodigy.com> From: PJDX97D@prodigy.com (MISS MEREDITH D MCCRAW) Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 12:52:53, -0500 Subject: TMBG: i don't think so. although not many are around, my bro said that many kids are not at college so, they are not writing. i'm not at college though and i'm writing so i don't know what's up with that. later. ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980111131709.006b2794@pop.indy.net> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 13:17:09 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: rat patrol speaking of the das page. ever notice how it says it's updated weekly? i remember last summer when the song "a summer breeze" was on for like 4 months. i'm sure they have legitimate excuse (like touring) but for the sake of conversation i'll just say, c'mon john and john you're slacking! give us more new material we're dying here! -rachel ps: donald duck wears a towel around his waist for the same reason minnie mouse wears a towel on her head (even though she doesn't have hair), so he doesn't drip water all over the floor. of course this doesn't explain why he screams like a girl and covers his crotch when someone sees him naked. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:34:05 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: duck patrol Message-ID: On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Rachel wrote: > ps: donald duck wears a towel around his waist for the same reason minnie > mouse wears a towel on her head (even though she doesn't have hair), so he > doesn't drip water all over the floor. of course this doesn't explain why > he screams like a girl and covers his crotch when someone sees him naked. how... can i scream like a girl... and still be dignified... when my towel is unfurled... --jim kuemmerle, who has two more words for you: MINIMUM WAAAAGE!! hYAH!! j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 14:57:12 -0600 (CST) From: Jason Loss Subject: TMBG: lull.. Message-ID: Well, John and John might not be doing too much lately, I recently got my world tour 2040 t-shirt and S-E-X-X-Y single that I ordered in september. Maybe they're catching up on their mail? Or maybe not. Jason Loss aka Darkheart, the supreme idler on #tmbg Efnet ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 20:58:35 -0500 (EST) From: 99 and 44/100% MIKe! Subject: TMBG: You can have fun too Message-ID: In this apparent time of stagnation in our world of TMBG, you can rest easy in the knowledge that there is always the warm, perfect safety of the semi-legendary TMBG page that is found nestled within the folds of Mr. Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour -- just pick the music link, then the TMBG link, and enter a world that you either ought to be a part of, or that you will enjoy yet again as your internet travels take you to both new and exciting places, and special destinations that please you time and time again. Though additional updates are still on the way, there's a lot to see and do, a lot of fun for me and you. Don't cheat yourself out of a good time. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* THE COOLEST PLACE TO BE - Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour --->http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy<--- AND: Check out the webzine JournalX at www.journalx.com Want to be on my short story mailing list? Just tell me so. *-----------------------------* Food processors are great. ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3 Message-ID: <451bb2cc.34b9994a@aol.com> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 23:17:13 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: rat patrol Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Well... I don't know how many other people know this, but if you go to http://www.tmbg.com/dial/sound/, you can get all the DAS's they have. Then you won't have to wait for them to be updated on the tmbg.com/dial/dial page, which is where they normally appear. Of course... that's cheating. -Carey "Cheaters never win. And winners never cheat. But cheaters always have just as much fun, win or lose." << speaking of the das page. ever notice how it says it's updated weekly? i remember last summer when the song "a summer breeze" was on for like 4 months. i'm sure they have legitimate excuse (like touring) but for the sake of conversation i'll just say, c'mon john and john you're slacking! give us more new material we're dying here! -rachel >> ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199801120442.WAA12670@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: TMBG: Well at least we have had some discussion Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 22:27:40 -0600 I felt very sad yesterday when the only mail I recieved was from myself. But I was happy today cause I heard THEM on the radio!!!! Granted it was the radio-friendly "Istanbul" but it was still preceeded by John and John saying "Hello this is John and John of They Might Be Giants and your listening to Q101." The song made me miss the concert. It's only been 2 1/2 months since I saw them and I'm already having withdrawals. Anyone else? Also, I went to the matinee one in November at the Metro in Chicago and someone from the list was there but I forgot who it was so if they could tell me again it would be very nice of them. Here's a question for you guys, if you wanted one TMBG song to be played on Daria what would it be? I'm trying to think of one right now. I'm currently suffering a new Daria episode deficiency. Blink ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980111234322.006a50e0@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 23:43:22 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: rat patrol I think they've gone through all of those... :( Nothing has been added to that directory since May 2, 1997. :( TTYL, -Adam At 11:17 PM 1/11/98 EST, you wrote: >Well... I don't know how many other people know this, but if you go to >http://www.tmbg.com/dial/sound/, you can get all the DAS's they have. Then you >won't have to wait for them to be updated on the tmbg.com/dial/dial page, >which is where they normally appear. Of course... that's cheating. /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 22:51:59 -0600 (CST) Message-Id: From: geerling.amy@acd.net (amy beth geerling) Subject: TMBG: Re:where have all the listees gone? winter break..... methinks. ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 22:20:32 -0500 Subject: TMBG: You think THAT'S wierd? Message-ID: <19980112.000748.12990.0.tmbgmail-bin@juno.com> From: tmbgmail-bin@juno.com (Evan R Kleve) Okay, I already sent this message at about 1:00 this afternoon but for some reason it never reached the list. So now I'm trying again!!! I hate computers... **************************** Many people are complaining right now because they dind't receive very much mail for the past few days. But something REALLY wierd happened to me 2 days ago. I hadn't checked the list since early November and I checked for the first time expecting to get multiple hundreds of messages. However, when I checked all I got was 6 "Juno Special Offers." I freaked out because I had never unsubscribed from the list and there was absolutely no explanation for this. But just to get caught up I visited the archives on tmbg.org. That page is way too big and takes a long time. Oh well, no use complaining now! I'M SO GLAD TO BE BACK!!! I'm sure none of you remember me, but I missed eacha and every one of you!! I love you all!!!! :-) Your psychotically deranged yet friendly pal, Evan ############################################# "We were once so close to heaven Peter came out and gave us medals Declaring us the nicest of the damned" -John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-376 ******************************