Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-382 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 382 Sunday, 18 January 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: TMBG on 120 Minutes TMBG: tmbg on NPR's This American Life TMBG: What hidden song? TMBG: The hidden song... TMBG: Hey. Re: TMBG: Hey. Re: TMBG: The hidden song... TMBG: TMBG on NPR Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 03:23:03 -0800 (PST) From: Kerry Biggs Subject: TMBG: TMBG on 120 Minutes Message-ID: On Sunday (1/18) at 12:00a.m. ET / 11:00p.m. CT Matt Pinfield will host 120 Minutes. We'll air a classic performance by They Might Be Giants and show some great debut videos. This Week's (1/18) Debuts: David Holmes Air The Latest Videos From: Hum Our Lady Peace The Crystal Method Supergrass Stereophonics (all debut videos are tentative and subject to change) Incidentally, TMBG will not even have a shot at SNL until they have a new record out to support, and considering they don't even have a label at this point, I wouldn't hold your breath right now... Kerry ------------------------------ From: Kmsog2 Message-ID: Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 12:08:24 EST Subject: TMBG: tmbg on NPR's This American Life Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Hey FolkFamily: Was sitting around this morning listening to a This American Life (NPR) show on telephones when suddenly I was being treated to a profile of DialASong that magically became an interview w/ our boys. I have 90% on tape. Hoping people in other timezones and areas when the show airs later in the weekend can pick it up. Delivers on Hilarity/Genius, of course. had been away for a while, good to be back on-list. -- jen K(iss)M(e)S(on)O(f)G(od)2@aol.com ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34C15052.4CC2@stlnet.com> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:44:21 -0600 From: Lynne Subject: TMBG: What hidden song? What's up with this hidden song? Someone said there was a hidden song on Factory Showroom... I haven't checked yet, but if anyone knows anything, please post it. Also, could someone elaborate on what TMBG is going to do on 120 Minutes? Thanks Chris chrisl@stlnet.com Wake up and smell the cat food in your bank account. -John Flansburgh ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:11:58 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: The hidden song... Message-ID: On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Lynne wrote: > What's up with this hidden song? Someone said there was a hidden song > on Factory Showroom... I haven't checked yet, but if anyone knows > anything, please post it. chris -- the name of the hidden track is 'token back to brooklyn'. i can't remember for sure, but i think the procedure is to scan backwards from track #1. --jim kuemmerle, who wonders if this is in the faqs yet. j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34C1625C.935@stlnet.com> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 20:01:44 -0600 From: Lynne Subject: TMBG: Hey. Hey, could someone post where to get a Dr. Worm sound clip, or movie? I emptied my trash mail folder like a dumbass and lost the URL... Thanks Chris chrisl@stlnet.com Beware the dirtbike. -John Flansburgh ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34C18B64.6647@geocities.com> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 20:56:04 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: Hey. Lynne wrote: > > Hey, could someone post where to get a Dr. Worm sound clip, or movie? > I emptied my trash mail folder like a dumbass and lost the URL... The easiest way is to point your nose over to www.tmbg.com in the Quantity section, I believe. It's the one that has the Beef theme. Go to the "TMBG Cam" and download the .MOV of Dr. Worm... that's where it all began. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34C18BD0.16DE@geocities.com> Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 20:57:52 -0800 From: Vladimir Drakul Subject: Re: TMBG: The hidden song... J Kuemmerle wrote: > > On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Lynne wrote: > > > What's up with this hidden song? Someone said there was a hidden song > > on Factory Showroom... I haven't checked yet, but if anyone knows > > anything, please post it. > > chris -- > > the name of the hidden track is 'token back to brooklyn'. i can't > remember for sure, but i think the procedure is to scan backwards from > track #1. To be very precise, you have to go to track one and hit "rewind" until you're at roughly -1:03. For those of you with CD players without timers, that's about where the drumbeats fade out. It doesn't work on some CD players... and be careful... if you rewind too far, it skips back to 0:00. -- Vladimir Drakul -- http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/7343/ ******************************************************************* "Is everything normal now?" "And crawling on the "Well, he hasn't got planet's face... some religious mania, and he's called the Human Race. not running around in a Lost in time, and lost circle spouting Gilbert in space... and Sullivan, so I guess ...and meaning." he's normal." ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 23:55:57 -0700 Subject: TMBG: TMBG on NPR Message-ID: <19980118.000121.9006.0.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! there's a rumor on the musings board that TMBG were on NPR tonight (1/17/98) talking about DAS and what not... anyways, i'm just a lurker over there (and i'm a digester over here) so i dunno if this was just some cruel, evil joke or not but if anyone got a copy of this rumored show pleeease get in touch with me :) on a side note, there's some guy named *Istanbul* on SNL right now... if it's any consolation :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***aack!*** ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-382 ******************************