Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-385 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 385 Wednesday, 21 January 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: Snail Shell video RE: TMBG: Snail Shell video TMBG: 120 seconds: Matt Pinfield vs. Planet of the Apes RE: TMBG: Snail Shell video Re: TMBG: 120 seconds: Matt Pinfield vs. Planet of the Apes TMBG: in defense of matt pinfield... TMBG: Re: edison museum TMBG: New TMBG Page :-) Re: TMBG: Re: edison museum TMBG: Re: Edison Museum Re: TMBG: New TMBG Page :-) Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:56:18 -0600 (CST) From: "Christopher M. Stangl" Subject: Re: TMBG: Snail Shell video Message-ID: On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Evan R Kleve wrote: > I was wondering if anybody else was confused by this. You see, I > went to tmbg.com and downloaded the Snail Shell video, and to my surprise > Flansburgh was shown singing. This is Linnell's song. But the section of > the video is: > > Snail Shell > Thank you > Snail Shell > Thank you > > Is it possible that Flansburgh sings that particular phrase? I > didn't think he did. It sounds like Linnell and Flansburgh doesn't sing > that at concerts. Somebody clear this up for me!!!!!! Sounds like Linnell to me. Don't be fooled by what you see in videos. Why, if you believed everyone who lip-synched in the music videos, then David Byrne only sang about 45 seconds of "Wild Wild Life". -Chris Stangl ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199801201838.NAA20097@pinky.ac.duke.edu> From: "Harlan Landes" Subject: RE: TMBG: Snail Shell video Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:28:54 -0500 ] > Is it possible that Flansburgh sings that particular phrase? I ] > didn't think he did. It sounds like Linnell and Flansburgh doesn't sing ] > that at concerts. Somebody clear this up for me!!!!!! ] ] Sounds like Linnell to me. Don't be fooled by what you see in ] videos. Why, if you believed everyone who lip-synched in the music ] videos, then David Byrne only sang about 45 seconds of "Wild Wild Life". And we can't forget about Paul Simon's video for You Can Call Me Al.... are we to believe that Chevy Chase is the one singing the song on the album? harlan ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <8b43294.34c4eb58@aol.com> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:22:14 EST Subject: TMBG: 120 seconds: Matt Pinfield vs. Planet of the Apes Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 1/20/98 2:07:48 AM, you wrote: >No one mentioned the important bit... they're putting out a CD of live >performances from 120 minutes soon, including that performance of >particle man. Why they chose that, I have no idea... that's one of the >worst tmbg live performances I've seen. They could have used so many >others. I mean, they've been on so many times, and they use the most >monotonous version of particle man I've heard... one where linnell >actually messes up on one of the accordian bits? That just sucks... Yeah... and the sound track was way off from the video... did you see Flans's strumming? Lol.. I hate the cheezy 80's - or SORRY 1990 - effects too.. "let's make Linnell bigger and closer! Now let's switch! Ha!" :P Hoh boy.. Actually I wasn't too disappointed with what time they actually gave the clip, I mean sure I'd've loved it to be at least a full song in the middle of the show or something, but I watch 120 kinda regularly, and I know they always show about a minute or 2 of an old live performance over the credits, I figured that's what it'd be. (long sentence, eh?:)) >So, I got the whole thing on tape up to that point.. by looking at my >Video Bootleg I am guessing it was Particle Man since that was in 1990 Yep. It's on one of the bootleg videos (#2 I think..) so if you want the whole thing, then screw the one that just played. >and I heard Matt (who always looks rather uncomfortable on screen... It >looks like he doesn't know how to stand or what to do with his hands...) LOL... I still don't understand this guy.. I just... give up. He's so smug with his music trivia info crap... And just ONCE I'd like him to CLEAR his THROAT. That's all I ask! >Does the singer not sound just like Linnell? Never heard it, but I keep thinking the guy in the new "Our Lady Peace" video (not a band member, I don't think) who drowns himself or something.. Looks kinda like Linnell Especially in the beginning when he walks into the room. >Actually, as a matter of fact, this song sort of struck me as being sort >of like a combination of TMBG and Sonic Youth. :) I HAVE to hear this!!! :D :D :D >Escape From The Planet Of The Apes (11/6/97) >Return To The Planet Of The Apes (11/20/97) >Battle For The Planet Of The Apes (12/4/97) >Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes (12/18/97) What about the 11/21 Rochester one?:) "people people people people! apes apes apes apes!" :) I believe it was People vs. Planet of the Apes.. I should know this, but I don't remember. ^_^ *sarah* ~~ http://lava.home.ml.org <-- in transition! ~~ linnellgirl@tmbg.org currently rotating> various: Live From 6A; Lincoln; Clash: "Super Black Market Clash"; Sarah McLachlan "Surfacing"; Ani DiFranco "Out of Range" ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:07:42 -0500 (EST) From: "Eric Webber (EIN tech)" Subject: RE: TMBG: Snail Shell video Message-Id: On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Harlan Landes wrote: > ] Sounds like Linnell to me. Don't be fooled by what you see in > ] videos. Why, if you believed everyone who lip-synched in the music > ] videos, then David Byrne only sang about 45 seconds of "Wild Wild Life". > > And we can't forget about Paul Simon's video for You Can Call Me Al.... are > we to believe that Chevy Chase is the one singing the song on the album? Uh, I think it's easier to make this mistake when the other people shown singing are actually in the band and have a similar singing voice. Nobody was gonna believe that John Goodman was really singing part of Wild Life and besides, if you've seen the movie the song is from you actually know what's going on in the video. --- Eric Webber 412.622.1944 page- 412.272.1854 webbere@clpgh.org wubba@tmbg.org p-wolves@mailexcite.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980120142714.0069b5d0@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:27:14 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: 120 seconds: Matt Pinfield vs. Planet of the Apes At 01:22 PM 1/20/98 EST, you wrote: > >LOL... I still don't understand this guy.. I just... give up. He's so smug >with his music trivia info crap... And just ONCE I'd like him to CLEAR his >THROAT. That's all I ask! Have you ever watched "Mattrock"? I swear, the guy's such a dick. >What about the 11/21 Rochester one?:) "people people people people! apes apes >apes apes!" :) I believe it was People vs. Planet of the Apes.. I should know >this, but I don't remember. ^_^ I forgot to include the 12/14 'Planet of the Apes', but I don't have a copy of the Rochester show. TTYL, -Adam, Ladies Room member #53345 :) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:04:34 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: in defense of matt pinfield... Message-ID: i like matt pinfield. for two reasons: (1) it's nice to see a v-jay with some intelligence, even if he plays alex trebek to the other v-jay's pat sajaks and vanna whites... (2) it's nice to see a v-jay who wouldn't be able to make it as a model. --jim kuemmerle, who wonders if the rudyard kipling estate will sue Space... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ *** ... ... ... ... ... *** ------------------------------ From: GoodOmenz Message-ID: Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 18:14:43 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: edison museum Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 1/20/98 2:07:48 AM, you wrote: >Anybody know if Edison Museum is out on Cd, >Or will be released anytime soon?? yes, its out on the WFMU tribute to thomas edison which i think is called 99% Inspiration or something and is also probably out of print incidentally we saw nick hill at the brian dewan show a couple nights ago... FYI he's the one who sang it when they re-recorded it at the edison labs in '96 (and come to think of it thats probably him on the first recording also.) Sean altman was there too, it was weird ~liz ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34C532AE.E04D9E66@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:26:43 -0400 From: Campbell Subject: TMBG: New TMBG Page :-) Hi all Feeny here, I just put on a TMBG page titled "Chris Feeny Campbell's Un-Official TMBG Shrine", Does anyone know or care if I call it the "Official Shrine"?. I NEED You're Links and other stuff for this page, the address is http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/7061 CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS Plese Please look at it, tell me what you like and don't like about it. There are 10 people who have visited it, 9 of them are me :-(, Thanks TDK :-) #2. ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:44:51 CST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: edison museum Message-ID: <1CF6281107A@athena.valpo.edu> is edison museum the other 11 or so tracks recorded there by tmbg? if it's not, what is it, and is there still a way to find it and/or the other unreleased stuff from edison museum by tmbg? jer [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Cartman, you couldn't tell the difference between a rain forest and a pop tart!! "Yeah I can, a pop tart's frosted." --Comedy central's "South Park" [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980120215546.0069feb4@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:55:46 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Re: Edison Museum I believe that 99% Perspiration, WFMU's compilation of Edison songs, isn't available on CD, the format the original poster was looking for. TTYL, -Adam ------------------------------ From: Amadais Message-ID: Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 21:39:34 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: New TMBG Page :-) Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) feeny wrote...... >Hi all Feeny here, > I just put on a TMBG page titled "Chris Feeny Campbell's Un-Official >TMBG Shrine", Does anyone know or care if I call it the "Official >Shrine"?. I NEED You're Links and other stuff for this page, the address >is > >http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Lounge/7061 > CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > >THANKS > >Plese Please look at it, tell me what you like and don't like about it. >There are 10 people who have visited it, 9 of them are me :-(, Thanks >TDK :-) #2. its a nice site but it needs more info. talk about the albums,explain each one all you really have is pictures. do some lyrics, some TABs, a guest book... -Amadais ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-385 ******************************