Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-391 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 391 Tuesday, 27 January 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: attempts at bringing the list to sanity again :) TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "FONDUE FORKS FOR EVERYBODY!" TMBG: Marriage!!! Guys!!!! Johns!!!! and a call out to Sarah (KITH!) TMBG: MA Typo TMBG: my last post : is hot cha gay? NON-TMBG:NEWS FROM TMBG.COM!! JOHN AND JOHN ARE GAY!! TMBG: aquabats TMBG: being gay, and happy, and stuff TMBG: sorry Re: TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "FONDUE FORKS TMBG: Sorry about this... TMBG: This American Life NON-TMBG: moxy fruvous Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Mr. Me" Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 02:06:53 CST Subject: Re: TMBG: attempts at bringing the list to sanity again :) Message-ID: <24DC4371867@athena.valpo.edu> discussing the johns's sexuality is a far cry from bringing the list back to sanity. while we're at it, why don't we rehash arguments over tmbg and non-tmbg related posts and how much we all hate floodies. not that i mind this thread. there is something called a delete key, which works very well. i use it quite liberally in regards to non-tmbg posts and forwards. [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Cartman, you couldn't tell the difference between a rain forest and a pop tart!! "Yeah I can, a pop tart's frosted." --Comedy central's "South Park" [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <1ddf44b9.34cc4ea7@aol.com> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 03:51:49 EST Subject: TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "FONDUE FORKS FOR EVERYBODY!" Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) re: linnell being gay post: first, I think.. you were quoting "TMBGgirl" as in Jordan, correct? Ok, she was NOT posting that he was gay, she was just looking back on old list arguements. >Please. I'm >not trying to be mean or nasty or anything, but John has never done >anything to be mean to you, has he? Why would posting about John's sexual preference be provoked by anything negative? I don't know what exact context you wrote that in, but it sounds a bit homophobic.. > Just because he is tall+skinny, neat, and single, Well, he's married. What the... every angry post I'm reading is someone who doesn't know much history of TMBG in the past year, or the list for that matter. It woudl really be a good idea to look at the list archives before you get snippy. I'm sorry, but that is just common sense. Nothing against newbies - we were all one once, but please.. > in the song we're the replacements by tmbg, are they talking >about being the band the replacements, or simply being replacements? The band. "Hey where's Tommy...." (as in Tommy Stinson, I believe) And my Replacements-fan friend said TMBG did a good job. sarah * http://lava.home.ml.org * linnellgirl@tmbg.org "Sometimes you gotta cross the line, just so you know it's there." -- 'Ben' (Dr. Katz) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34CCA5A9.7C5AB10F@worldnet.att.net> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:03:05 -0500 From: John Lambert Subject: TMBG: Marriage!!! Guys!!!! Johns!!!! and a call out to Sarah (KITH!) I'm married and thus I know that John & John are definately not married!!!!!! TRUST ME!!!! hehehehe I'm a guy and thus I know that John & John are definately not guys!!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!! hehehehehe My name is John and thus I know that John & John are definately not named John!!!! TRUST ME!!!!! Brother John "Green Jello" Lambert p.s. A call out to Sarah... you have just made my day!!! Your posts are just so funny!!! Keep slapping these feuding fools around!!! Good work! ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <88bd9d3d.34ccc0dd@aol.com> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:59:06 EST Subject: TMBG: MA Typo << 12/31/97 Worcester Polytechnic Institute; Worcester, MA >> I think that's a typo, the show was 12/13/97 & I missed the goddamn thing....poop on me.... jason "mr. hanky, the christmas poo" glastetter ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 11:21:40 -0700 Subject: TMBG: my last post : is hot cha gay? Message-ID: <19980126.112155.12718.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) READ THE WHOLE MESSAGE BEFORE YOU START QUOTING ME!!! first off i stated that i had been reading archived digests... thus everything that was in quotes WAS NOT ANYTHING I HAD SAID BUT SOMETIHING I PULLED OUT OF DIGESTS FROM 1995, 96, or 97!!!!!! SO CHIRS FEENY.... >Other people are saying people on the list need to laugh about this, >It's Not A Laughing Matter, don't even try to suggest it, Please. i was stating that the fact that people continued to say that they were gay AFTER they were married to females was amusing... > I'm >not trying to be mean or nasty or anything, but John has never done >anything to be mean to you, has he? just because someone is gay doesn't mean that it's bad. it's ignorant people like you that associate "gayness" as being "bad" that contribute to prejudices and what not... TO NATHAN MULAC DEHOFF: >Actually, both Johns are married. i believe i stated that in my post... that's why it was amusing that everyoen comtinued to claim that they were gay AFTER they were both married to women. TO everone else: >are famous musicans, so maybe The Day is about the >combining of the styles of Marvin Gaye and Phil Ochs. > Whatever it is, dont jump to any conclusions. yes, i know i just thot that guys post was funny and so i quoted it... forgive me! i was trying to bring some humor back to the list unfortunately i failed misserably! take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***darkness sucks like the people who pretend they dwell in it*** ---ME! _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:58:43 -0500 Subject: NON-TMBG:NEWS FROM TMBG.COM!! JOHN AND JOHN ARE GAY!! Message-ID: <19980126.135848.4454.0.Mr.Train@juno.com> JEEZE! I cannot believe we are starting this thread!!!! Whoever DID start it was making a joke about how many people think They are gay and how many friggin' times we've discussed it! Am I right? I think this thread should have never been started... so if you wanna say something like "The Johns are gay or "Matt's Life Savings is coming out tomorrow" or "What do you call the first album?" and you are joking... please state that so we don't restart these threads... and get replies like "What if they are gay.. what would that change," "What's Matt's Life Savings?" and THE BIG BLUE DOG! or THE PINK ALBUM!! or SELF TITLED! I'm sorry I had to do this... but I think it had to be done... Tim, the pink album Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Rest Awhile Last CD purchase: The Brian Setzer Orchestra - S/T (The Blue Album) _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34CCFF18.6EE4@polbox.com> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 15:24:40 -0600 From: i wish i was yentl Organization: http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1790/ Subject: TMBG: aquabats > Well, I'm Mormon and I've never heard that they are mormon, and no one > I > know who's Mormon who likes TMBG has ever mentioned that they > are....speaking of a band that is Mormon, does anyone here listen to > the > Aquabats? > > James I have a couple of their songs in MP3's...I really like "Martian Girl"....it goes through my head all day sometimes. ;) Becky -- (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) becky@polbox.com rayr@kenyon.edu femme@chez.com http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1790 "I don't know how I bent what you said to what I believed you meant...I don't know anything at all." -"Labor of Love," Frente! (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34CD00C9.7B3A@polbox.com> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 15:31:53 -0600 From: i wish i was yentl Organization: http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1790/ Subject: TMBG: being gay, and happy, and stuff > Message-ID: <34CB68D1.3A135E69@mix-net.net> > Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:31:17 -0400 > From: Campbell > Subject: TMBG: J L Isn't Gay, And Stop Picking On Them > > No, No, No, No > > John Linnell has written too many "love" songs about females. > And I just know That he is not gay, TRUST ME. > Just because he is tall+skinny, neat, and single, doesn't mean he is > gay, stop stereotyping! If anyone is gay it probably, maybe, i > seriously > don't even wan't to suggest it, but it would be Flans, but he's > married. So NO ONE IS GAY!!!! > Other people are saying people on the list need to laugh about this, > It's Not A Laughing Matter, don't even try to suggest it, Please. I'm > not trying to be mean or nasty or anything, but John has never done > anything to be mean to you, has he? > > Thank you very much :-) > -Chris "Feeny" Campbell > [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] Hello, sarcasm? Get used to it if you read this list. -- (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) becky@polbox.com rayr@kenyon.edu femme@chez.com http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1790 "I don't know how I bent what you said to what I believed you meant...I don't know anything at all." -"Labor of Love," Frente! (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34CCEE2E.B8A30828@mix-net.net> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:12:32 -0400 From: Campbell Subject: TMBG: sorry I wrote: > > Message-ID: <34CB68D1.3A135E69@mix-net.net> > > Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:31:17 -0400 > > From: Campbell > > Subject: TMBG: J L Isn't Gay, And Stop Picking On Them > > > > No, No, No, No > > > > John Linnell has written too many "love" songs about females. > > And I just know That he is not gay, TRUST ME. > > Just because he is tall+skinny, neat, and single, doesn't mean he is > > gay, stop stereotyping! If anyone is gay it probably, maybe, i > seriously > > don't even wan't to suggest it, but it would be Flans, but he's > > married. So NO ONE IS GAY!!!! > > Other people are saying people on the list need to laugh about this, > > It's Not A Laughing Matter, don't even try to suggest it, Please. I'm > > not trying to be mean or nasty or anything, but John has never done > > anything to be mean to you, has he? > > > > Thank you very much :-) > > -Chris "Feeny" Campbell > > > [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] > You Wrote: > Hello, sarcasm? Get used to it if you read this list. > > -- > (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) > becky@polbox.com rayr@kenyon.edu femme@chez.com > > http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1790 > > "I don't know how I bent what you said to what I believed you meant...I > don't know anything at all." > -"Labor of Love," Frente! > (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) I didn't mean to be so evil about it, sorry, really I am! :-) forgive me? ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980126224347.00669f08@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:43:47 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: Re: TMBG: So I rolled down the window and said "FONDUE FORKS >> in the song we're the replacements by tmbg, are they talking >>about being the band the replacements, or simply being replacements? > >The band. "Hey where's Tommy...." (as in Tommy Stinson, I believe) And my >Replacements-fan friend said TMBG did a good job. Not only is it about the band, It's a parody of the Archies' theme song, I believe. Example: Hey, where's Tommy, someone find Tommy... | Hey, Jughead where are you. L "L is for Leffel, our long lost buddy." D "D is for Demented, that which Leffel was." B "B is for Bewitched, and it's actors Dick York and Dick Sergent." "Hey Dick Sergent, didn't you play Dick York on Bewitched." --One o' those wiley robots, MST3k -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34CD48E6.8E842A43@hartingdale.com.au> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:39:34 +1100 From: Andrew Subject: TMBG: Sorry about this... This is just a test to see if I can finally get this to work :P Andrew/Wombat ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9801270354.AA13697@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: This American Life Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:54:28 -0500 (EST) I forgot to mention this but I recall the e-mail address for requests for tapes of This American Life. radio@well.com I don't know any other details about tapes, but I'd just ask for the Dial-A-Song one with TMBG, I suppose. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19980127002658.00b16ac8@uky.campus.mci.net> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 00:27:03 -0500 From: Bill Kirby Subject: NON-TMBG: moxy fruvous hey, tmbg listers... was in a used cd store on saturday and looked (as i always do) for some of the bands that i see mentioned here... no bnl, bf5, mono puff. but i did pick up moxy fruvous' album "you will go to the moon". interestingly enough, the sticker that the store had put on the back of the cd (which lists the band, title, and category under which they will catalog it) indicated the category as "Unknown"... anyway, i'm hoping that some of you who are moxy fruvous fans will give me a yell so that i can find out what other albums are available and how they compare to the one i have. oh, and as for tmbg - they did have used copies of JH (2 of em), FS, and Flood. thanks! -bk ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-391 ******************************