Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-392 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 392 Wednesday, 28 January 1998 Today's Topics: Re: TMBG: This American Life TMBG: hot CHA! TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-391 Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous TMBG: Re: CHasing Amy (and TMBG Gayness?) TMBG: Severe Tire Damage Re: TMBG: Re: CHasing Amy (and TMBG Gayness?) TMBG: Space Ghost theme song Re: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage...Weird Al RE: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage...Weird Al Re: TMBG: Space Ghost theme song TMBG: Talking to John Flansy Re: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage...Weird Al TMBG: SG theme/Kareoke TMBG: NON-tmbg: Guitar Class (help!) TMBG: cartoon planet Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy NON TMBG: moxy fruvous Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy TMBG: Space Ghost / Guitar Stuff Re: TMBG: the wonders of public domain Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980127080638.00694a14@pop.indy.net> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:06:38 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: This American Life At 10:54 PM 1/26/98 -0500, you wrote: >I forgot to mention this but I recall the e-mail address for requests >for tapes of This American Life. >radio@well.com >I don't know any other details about tapes, but I'd just ask for the >Dial-A-Song one with TMBG, I suppose. >Matt >-- >Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu >Loyola College in Baltimore, MD >Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com > > yeah, uh, i was one of the people who asked for the number. if you call you'll get this answering machine on which you may leave your name, address, telephone, credit card number ect. to order by mail. or they give you their address and you can send them a check. the tapes are (w/ s&h) $10. my friend thought i was crazy for spending $10 on only 15 minutes of tmbg, but i guess i just love them that much. or maybe i really am obsessed? ...but aren't we all! :) love, rachel ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 07:15:38 -0700 Subject: TMBG: hot CHA! Message-ID: <19980127.071543.14278.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) > Just because he is tall+skinny, neat, and single, >>>Well, he's married. What the... every angry post I'm reading is someone who doesn't know much history of TMBG in the past year, or the list for that matter. It woudl really be a good idea to look at the list archives before you get snippy. I'm sorry, but that is just common sense. Nothing against newbies - we were all one once, but please..<<< hehee... i read the archives and i've been on the list for what almost two years now :) hehee... when i joined i was highly jealous of the nick you were using back then sarah :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:48:23 -0500 (EST) From: "Big Sean ( Nancy McGrath )" Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-391 Message-ID: In TMBG Digest #3-391, Bill Kirby asked: > anyway, i'm hoping that some of you who are moxy fruvous fans will give me > a yell so that i can find out what other albums are available and how they > compare to the one i have. > The main reason you couldn't find two of MF's albums is that they are not yet marketed in the US. The good news is that the label which put out YWGTTM will soon be distributing those two albums as well. Here's the complete low-down on Moxy Fruvous' albums: Bargainville - on WEA/Atlantic in the US (you should be able to order it if your CD store doesn't have it in stock) Wood - not available in the US currently soon to be distributed by Bottom Line Records 'B' - not available in the US currently soon to be distributed by Bottom Line Records YWGTTM - on Bottom Line Records in the US In addition, Moxy Fruvous will be coming out with a new, double, LIVE album sometime this spring! It, too will be available on Bottom Line. As far as which ones are the best, I am sure you'll get lots of different opinions. My own personal favorite is "Wood," with "Bargainville" a *very* close second and YWGTTM third. 'B' is OK (it has some nice, quirky songs), but not stellar. Nancy McGrath ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Nancy McGrath / nancy@bigsean.com Visit Sean Altman's Seanosphere at http://www.bigsean.com! ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980127110650.006a4544@130.127.28.14> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:06:50 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: Moxy Fruvous At 09:48 AM 1/27/98 -0500, you wrote: > >Here's the complete low-down on Moxy Fruvous' albums: > >Bargainville - on WEA/Atlantic in the US (you should be able to order it > if your CD store doesn't have it in stock) >Wood - not available in the US currently soon to be distributed by > Bottom Line Records >'B' - not available in the US currently soon to be distributed by > Bottom Line Records >YWGTTM - on Bottom Line Records in the US For the ones you can't get in the US, take a look at http://www.fruvous.com/ for ordering information. I'm about to send off for Wood and 'B'... >In addition, Moxy Fruvous will be coming out with a new, double, LIVE >album sometime this spring! It, too will be available on Bottom Line. Wow! It's definitely going to be a double album? Very, very good news. I'm very glad, because I think BNL kinda screwed up by going with a single CD which was bloated with multimedia... :( >As far as which ones are the best, I am sure you'll get lots of different >opinions. My own personal favorite is "Wood," with "Bargainville" a >*very* close second and YWGTTM third. 'B' is OK (it has some nice, quirky >songs), but not stellar. I can't wait to hear "Wood" then! :) I didn't really like the direction YWGTTM headed, but it's still a good album. For people just starting out, I'd go for Bargainville. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: cardhappy@usa.net Message-ID: <19980127182906.22499.qmail@www07.netaddress.usa.net> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:29:06 Subject: TMBG: Re: CHasing Amy (and TMBG Gayness?) Hey Folks, Yes (I am Kevin Smith fan)!! I have only watched Chasing Amy (anyone else seen it? loved it?), for the first two times this weekend, but the film has ABSOLUTELY enamored me with its connections to Salinger's Catcher in the Rye. Haven't caught Clerks yet, but it's supposedly related to Chasing Amy and Mallrats. (Don't tell me the ending of Clerks yet please...when i see it soon i'll email ya, l'il d. boy) I totally recommend CA to all you folks out there...(there is 'dirty' language, but look beyond that) If TMBG were gay, it would only change their sexual orientation. This idea brings to mind some moral/philosophical, and probably non-tmbg questions --but do tell me if you're interested-- It would also make me wonder if They had been romantically involved with each other, and why They got married to women. Which relates to the movie Chasing Amy, in which a lesbian and a hetero-dude fall in true love, because if TMBG were to play a role in that movie: They Might Be Silent Bob and his talkative sidekick. (two dopeheads who are the subjects of Holden and Banky's comic book) They Might Be Banky Edwards and Holden McNeal. (best friends, roommates, and co-creators (= tmbg = artists) of a comic book.) Possible TMBG soundtrack for CA?: -How Can I sing Like a Girl? -->Relates to the lesbian. Her "singing" would be her act of being a "mainstream/hetero" girl, in light of her lesbian background. Also, the movie takes place in NYC, home of the twin might-be giants! woohoo, there's a stretch from the world of TMBG to Chasing Amy! --eeks p.s. thanks Jim K. for the links to the archives...and away i go.. > From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" > Subject: Re: TMBG: attempts at bringing the list to sanity again :) > And oh yeah, Any Kevin Smith fans out there? The original ending to clerks > has startled me something severe. > > Someone else wrote: > >Even if They Might Be Giants are gay, does that change anything about them? > >Does that deniey them of being one of the best bands in the world? > >Does that make their songs sound bad? > >Does that make them uncreative? ____________________________________________________________________ Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:00:22 -0500 From: Cortney2 Subject: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage Message-id: <01ISVLC4KQFM90N1GI@CAT.UOFS.EDU> Hi TMBGers! I'm coming out of my lurking mode to point out a neat little TMBG reference I stumbled upon this weekend. =) I know that there have been bunches and bunches of threads on the parallels between TMBG and Weird Al Y. Well, this weekend my pal rented UHF (weird al's spoof movie from the late 80s/early 90s) and in one of the opening scenes, as Weird Al is entering the Temple of Doom (or whatever that was!), there's a huge orange sign that says, "Severe Tire Damage!" Considering all of the talk on the list about Weird Al and TMBG, I thought this was an awfully funny coincidence! =) Just wanted to share! =) Back to lurking for me (for now) Have a They day! =) sun and smiles cortney http://academic.uofs.edu/student/ck8 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980127164514.00694978@pop.indy.net> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:45:14 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: CHasing Amy (and TMBG Gayness?) At 11:29 AM 1/27/98, you wrote: >Hey Folks, > >Yes (I am Kevin Smith fan)!! I have only watched Chasing Amy (anyone else seen it? loved it?), for the first two times this weekend, but the film has ABSOLUTELY enamored me with its connections to Salinger's Catcher in the Rye. Haven't caught Clerks yet, but it's supposedly related to Chasing Amy and Mallrats. (Don't tell me the ending of Clerks yet please...when i see it soon i'll email ya, l'il d. boy) i've seen chasing amy about 4 times now (3 of which were in theatres). i loved it so much that i brought 2 different groups of friends to see it after i did. and then of course i rented it as soon as it came out. in response to someone elses post about the director's cut ending to clerks- i loved it, better than the one on the video. (i hope this doesn't ruin it for anyone) but i felt it really tied in better with the whole ironic "i wasn't even suppost to work today!" i really think everyone should see chasing amy, the tmbg comparisons were a little far-fetched though. :) lovies, rachel ps: i read on a cartoon network page that kevin smith also taped an interview for spaceghost, do those guys have great taste or what!? ------------------------------ From: Amadais Message-ID: Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:13:57 EST Subject: TMBG: Space Ghost theme song Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) for those who did'nt know, They Might Be Giants used to do the theme song for the show "Space Ghost Coast To Coast". it was a mix of No One Knows My Plan, it was the entire intro one and a half times and the last couple chords of the song. ....Just a little tidbit of of infirmation -Amadais ------------------------------ From: Amadais Message-ID: Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:05:06 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage...Weird Al Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 98-01-27 16:07:28 EST, you write: << there's a huge orange sign that says, "Severe Tire Damage!" Considering all of the talk on the list about Weird Al and TMBG, I thought this was an awfully funny coincidence! =) >> i must be missing something but how does "severe tire damage" relate to They Might Be Giants? Oh, by the way, there is a song on Weird Al's album, Bad Hair Day, called "Everything You Know Is Wrong" which Weird Al dedicated to They Might Be Giants. I always knew there was a conection between Weird Al and They Might Be Giants. Everything You Know Is Wrong is the best song on that album. If you havent heard that song and would like to i can probably send you a sound clip in .wav format. If you're interested e-mail me. -Amadais ------------------------------ Message-Id: <01BD2B55.F45EA5E0.ctmiller@stny.lrun.com> From: Charlie Miller Subject: RE: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage...Weird Al Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:01:19 -0500 Though I probably sound like a broken record... why do tmbg and Weird Al have anything at all in common? Charlie << there's a huge orange sign that says, "Severe Tire Damage!" Considering all of the talk on the list about Weird Al and TMBG, I thought this was an awfully funny coincidence! =) >> i must be missing something but how does "severe tire damage" relate to They Might Be Giants? Oh, by the way, there is a song on Weird Al's album, Bad Hair Day, called "Everything You Know Is Wrong" which Weird Al dedicated to They Might Be Giants. I always knew there was a conection between Weird Al and They Might Be Giants. Everything You Know Is Wrong is the best song on that album. If you havent heard that song and would like to i can probably send you a sound clip in .wav format. If you're interested e-mail me. -Amadais ------------------------------ From: Hj bttrben Message-ID: Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 18:55:02 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Space Ghost theme song Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) Severe Tire Damage relates to TMBG because it was the name of their 1997 tour. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34CE6D0E.9D9E7CF8@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:26:06 -0400 From: Campbell Subject: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy Hi, I was on IRC a couple a nights ago and there was someone with the nick-name "Flansburg" I asked who it was and he said he was John Flansburgh, at first I didn't beleive him, but then I started talking to him for a while in private chat and asked him some ?'s that he anwserd very quikly, I if you know "Pearl"'s real name, and John's Wifes name please tell me. Flansburgh gave me an E-mail address (which he told me not to distribute to anyone) and I think at MIGHT be him If you would like a copy of the interveiw, E-mail me. Lets find out if its really him! -Chris "Feeny" Campbell ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34CEB41D.3CDC@geocities.com> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:29:17 -0800 From: Nathan Mulac DeHoff Organization: The Intergalactic Cult of VoVat Subject: Re: TMBG: Severe Tire Damage...Weird Al Charlie Miller wrote: > > Though I probably sound like a broken record... why do tmbg and Weird >Al have anything at all in common? Al is a TMBG fan, and "Everything You Know Is Wrong" was intended as a sort of style parody of and tribute to TMBG. -- Nathan Mulac DeHoff vovat@geocities.com http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5447/ "All I know could be defaced by the facts in the life of Chess Piece Face." ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34CE7B78.D15D173E@ibm.net> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:27:36 -0500 From: ew0k Subject: TMBG: SG theme/Kareoke Amadais wrote: > They Might Be Giants used to do the theme song for the show "Space Ghost Coast > To Coast" They actually did the theme for Cartoon Planet not Coast to Coast. Cartoon Planet was a spin-off of Coast to Coast. There's a big difference between the two (Coast to Coast doesn't have Brak-- "All Hail Brak!!!"), so I thought I'd write this... even thought I'm sure 90% of you out there will be like "Robyn, we know this, we just aren't posting to avoid the "You;re wrong" clutter. Anyways, here is my REAL reason for posting. There is a Kareoke (spelled right?) LaserDisc out there with Birdhouse on it. My friend and I found it a few years ago after she bought a player, and she bought. It's pretty funny because They don't sing it, some guy trying to imitate TMBG quarky-ness does. And there's this weird video with people in pajamas dancing around with lanterns. If any of you have LaserDisc players, check out your local LaserDisc rental place to see if they have it. Well, thought I'd add that.-Robyn- (ewok) ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:38:31 -0500 (EST) From: Ryan Staib Subject: TMBG: NON-tmbg: Guitar Class (help!) Message-ID: Does anyone know of a place on the net where they have the little diagrams that show you where to put your fingers on the guitar to play specific chords? (You know, the ones that say "C Major," with an accompanying picture of the guitar and little numbers on the strings to indicate which finger to put on that string.) Sorry to spam up the list with this, but I just started a beginning guitar class, and I lost my notes. :) Thanks. RS ------------------------------ From: Amadais Message-ID: <1817cd96.34ce7f59@aol.com> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 19:44:01 EST Subject: TMBG: cartoon planet Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) >for those who did'nt know, They Might Be Giants used to do the theme song for >the show "Space Ghost Coast To Coast". it was a mix of No One Knows My >Plan,it was the entire intro one and a half times and the last couple chords of the >song. >....Just a little tidbit of of infirmation > > -Amadais i'm sorry , i mean Cartoon Planet ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980127221805.00694b58@pop.indy.net> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:18:05 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy At 07:26 PM 1/27/98 -0400, you wrote: > Hi, I was on IRC a couple a nights ago and there was someone with >the nick-name "Flansburg" I asked who it was and he said he was John >Flansburgh, at first I didn't beleive him, but then I started talking to >him for a while in private chat and asked him some ?'s that he anwserd >very quikly, I if you know "Pearl"'s real name, and John's Wifes name >please tell me. Flansburgh gave me an E-mail address (which he told me >not to distribute to anyone) and I think at MIGHT be him If you would >like a copy of the interveiw, E-mail me. Lets find out if its really >him! > >-Chris "Feeny" Campbell > > ohh! i know this one! flansy's wife's name is robin goldwasser (thanks monopuff.org). i'm always pretty sceptical when it comes to stuff like this, hell, theres so much info about the johns on the net these days pretty much anyone could pass for them. lovies, rachel ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9801280315.AA14359@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:15:49 -0500 (EST) > > Hi, I was on IRC a couple a nights ago and there was someone with > >the nick-name "Flansburg" I asked who it was and he said he was John > >Flansburgh, at first I didn't beleive him, but then I started talking to > >him for a while in private chat and asked him some ?'s that he anwserd > >very quikly, I if you know "Pearl"'s real name, and John's Wifes name > >please tell me. Flansburgh gave me an E-mail address (which he told me > >not to distribute to anyone) and I think at MIGHT be him If you would > >like a copy of the interveiw, E-mail me. Lets find out if its really > >him! > > > >-Chris "Feeny" Campbell > > > > > ohh! i know this one! flansy's wife's name is robin goldwasser (thanks > monopuff.org). i'm always pretty sceptical when it comes to stuff like > this, hell, theres so much info about the johns on the net these days > pretty much anyone could pass for them. Yahh, Robin, a.k.a. Sister Puff, is rather cool at the Mono Puff shows (so is Lady Puff), check her out when MP next visits your town! I kinda like that new name, John Flansburgh's Mono Puff Syndicate. It sounds like either a 70s disco/funk band or a mafia gang. In any case it suits John very well and the shows are fantastic! Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <6251976d.34cea484@aol.com> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:22:42 EST Subject: NON TMBG: moxy fruvous Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) "I want you to listen to me, because I'm gonna say this again:" See, whiners, here's a perfect example. In a message dated 1/27/98 2:08:31 AM, you wrote: >hey, tmbg listers... > >was in a used cd store on saturday and looked (as i always do) for some of >the bands that i see mentioned here... no bnl, bf5, mono puff. but i did >pick up moxy fruvous' album "you will go to the moon". interestingly >enough, the sticker that the store had put on the back of the cd (which >lists the band, title, and category under which they will catalog it) >indicated the category as "Unknown"... > >anyway, i'm hoping that some of you who are moxy fruvous fans will give me >a yell so that i can find out what other albums are available and how they >compare to the one i have. Yeah!:D For you and anyone else's info: Bargainville (most accessable), Wood (Canada, or import in US), B album (Canada.. also import in US??)... You can also get them through their info club (email moxy@passport.ca). :) sarah >>> http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980127224145.00694c60@pop.indy.net> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:41:45 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy At 10:15 PM 1/27/98 -0500, you wrote: >> > Hi, I was on IRC a couple a nights ago and there was someone with >> >the nick-name "Flansburg" I asked who it was and he said he was John >> >Flansburgh, at first I didn't beleive him, but then I started talking to >> >him for a while in private chat and asked him some ?'s that he anwserd >> >very quikly, I if you know "Pearl"'s real name, and John's Wifes name >> >please tell me. Flansburgh gave me an E-mail address (which he told me >> >not to distribute to anyone) and I think at MIGHT be him If you would >> >like a copy of the interveiw, E-mail me. Lets find out if its really >> >him! >> > >> >-Chris "Feeny" Campbell >> > >> > >> ohh! i know this one! flansy's wife's name is robin goldwasser (thanks >> monopuff.org). i'm always pretty sceptical when it comes to stuff like >> this, hell, theres so much info about the johns on the net these days >> pretty much anyone could pass for them. >Yahh, Robin, a.k.a. Sister Puff, is rather cool at the Mono Puff shows (so is >Lady Puff), check her out when MP next visits your town! I kinda like >that new name, John Flansburgh's Mono Puff Syndicate. It sounds like >either a 70s disco/funk band or a mafia gang. In any case it suits John >very well and the shows are fantastic! >Matt > >-- >Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu >Loyola College in Baltimore, MD >Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com > > well, while we are on the subject of flansy's wife- someone (it may have been here or the newsgroup) said something about her having her own band? anyone? anyone? lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.3.32.19980127224943.006a913c@mail.clemson.edu> Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:49:43 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy Yes, I believe it's called Spondee. TTYL, -Adam At 10:41 PM 1/27/98 -0500, you wrote: > >well, while we are on the subject of flansy's wife- someone (it may have >been here or the newsgroup) said something about her having her own band? >anyone? anyone? ------------------------------ From: nmoos1@rachel.chatham.edu Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 00:08:31 -0500 (EST) Subject: TMBG: Space Ghost / Guitar Stuff Message-id: <01ISW1LWGPB4CIS3DT@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> Current Favorite TMBG Song: Pet Name X-Too-Many-Headers: Yes TMBG used to the Cartoon Planet theme song?! wow, that's pretty zany. I thought Sonny Sharrock did *all* the SG-related musical accompaniment, until, that is, his death hindered his ability to compose. One thing I *do* know is that the surf band from space known as Man . . . or Astroman? currently does the ending theme song for SG: Coast to Coast (during the credits). I wonder if it's possible to ask Cartoon Network for a copy of the theme song TMBG did. Currently you can order a compilation of all the music Sonny Sharrock did for Space Ghost directly from Cartoon Network, so perhaps we can coerce them into giving us the TMBG song as well. Somebody mentioned that they needed tablatures of guitar chords: If you're serious about really learning all the chords, then you'll want to invest in a pocket reference book, commonly found for about 5 or 10 bucks at any fine music store. The good references have at least 3 different ways of completing each chord on the guitar, which is pretty useful IMO. At any rate, check OLGA (online guitar archives -- search for it in Yahoo or something) for the tablatures you need. There are about 15 mirrored OLGA sites around the web, and they contain a huge amount of songs, yes even by TMBG. You'd be surprised how quickly you can learn a song on guitar by just following the tablature. Wow, i think this has been one of my most sober posts yet. must be part of my long-term evil plans, set in motion by an overactive subconscious mind. yeah, that's it. --pnaomi ------------------------------ Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:23:35 -0800 (PST) From: winningh Subject: Re: TMBG: the wonders of public domain Message-ID: Wow! I was just lost in the wilds of Culver City, and I saw this big Banckruptcy Liquidation store and they had these giant signs that said Thank You For Shopping At Great Big Picture of the WDTSS Man. I must go back there in the dead of night and liberate him. Liquidation is a sad and goulish occupation, they don't deserve such a cheerful logo. Sarah "maybe Leffel eloped with Augiewan" Winningham ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-392 ******************************