Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-394 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 394 Friday, 30 January 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-393 non-TMBG: Guitar Stuff / duh okay TMBG: TMBG catalog, CD bootlegs Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-393 TMBG: Broken Link- MP3s TMBG: WMBGT, South Park & Guitar Tabs TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-393 Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: KdsInThHal Message-ID: <9a984249.34d03417@aol.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 02:47:33 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-393 Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com) In a message dated 1/29/98 2:21:46 AM, you wrote: >i doubt we'll be able to get ahold of the tmbg cartoon planet theme. to >the best of my knowledge, elektra didn't know that cartoon planet was using >noone knows my plan as the theme, which is why it's no longer the theme. >so i doubt that elektra would be willing to put it on a non-elektra release >without generous royalties. ? um.. what? you even said there that it's "No one knows my plan". it's the same album version. In a message dated 1/29/98 2:21:46 AM, you wrote: >There's a copies place in Manhattan that has the WDTSS man on a sign in >the store, but i think he's happier there than at a furniture liquidation, >because hey, those copier people can get kind of nutty. > >scott 'der man mit dem sho(e)nen bard' reed > >> Wow! I was just lost in the wilds of Culver City, and I saw this big >> Banckruptcy Liquidation store and they had these giant signs that said >> Thank You For Shopping At Great Big Picture of the WDTSS Man. I must go >> back there in the dead of night and liberate him. Liquidation is a sad and >> goulish occupation, they don't deserve such a cheerful logo. >> Sarah "maybe Leffel eloped with Augiewan" Winningham Hmm.. begining to think i missed the last digest, I didn't see these threads at all.. Anyways, The Happy Guy is also selling his body on the streets of Rochester NY, on an awning of this weird vintage-y store called "Cassandra's", run by a guy who doesn't speak much english . I'd like to comphiscate the awning and put it on my porch. > hi, i have known about John Linnell's albums, Hall of Mayors and > State Songs, for a while now but i just cant seem to find them. if > anyone could help me here it would be greatly appreciated. www.tmbg.com in the merch. section. > Hey... has anyone been having trouble with the TMBG catalog? I > ordered both State Songs and Hall of Mayors in November (by mail), my > check has been cashed, yet I haven't received these yet. SHould I > call and complain? Should I send more money? I don't know... I > just... don't... know... My mom works at Mailboxes Etc, and yesterday a woman that she knew came in (I don't know why they got onto the topic of They), but I guess the same thing happened to her son (ordering from TMBG a while ago and still no response). My mom actually called me from work to ask if this has happened to anyone else . sarah * http://lava.home.ml.org "eddie walker this is your life, you never had a son or a wife, you sure had a hell of a time.." - ben ------------------------------ From: nmoos1@rachel.chatham.edu Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 06:03:26 -0500 (EST) Subject: non-TMBG: Guitar Stuff / duh okay Message-id: <01ISXSB6271MCISI84@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> okay, normally i wouldn't bother going to the trouble of posting a reply to a letter such as this, but tonight i'm feeling, oh idunno, saucy... > OK, nononononono. FIRST of all, I did NOT want guitar tabs. Well, um, actually . . . Tablatures are diagrams of the strings on a guitar and the appropriate frets to be depressed according to the number on the line, which is exactly how you defined what you said you needed: >What I wanted >were little charts that had a picture of the guitar and little numbers ON >the part of the string that you are supposed to put your hand on to form >chords, PLUS little numbers that indicate which finger is supposed to be put >on which string, and at what fret. Um, yeah. what i was suggesting was that you check at one of the OLGA mirror sites and see if they had *tablatures* depicting the chords you needed. now that i read my original post, i see that i wasn't particularly clear in my intent. sorry about that. >and he gave us handouts with little pictures >(THEY ARE NOT TABS!!!) that show you exactly where to put your fingers. sure they are. >We haven't even started playing songs yet. We're just learning chords. you don't need to know chords to play songs. they certainly help, but they're not necessary to memorize. >Our teacher gave them to us to indicate >that, to play, let's say A, you put your 1st finger on the 4th string, 2nd >fret; your 2nd finger on the 3rd string, 2nd fret; and 3rd finger on the >string, 2nd fret. There are hundreds of different ways to play any chord. like i said, it's not really necessary to memorize them, especially if you have a good ear for harmony. >I am not going to develop any bad habits. good for you! >I am not slacking off and trying to do it the easy way. Actually, you *are* learning it the easy way. The hard way would be to study chord theory, practice scales up and down the guitar until you could find every instance of the "B" pitch in your sleep within half a second, and formulate the chords in your head as you play them. Yeah, i prefer the easy way, too. >I WAS JUST TRYING TO KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING FOR TOMORROW'S >CLASS! :) now *there* is a classic example of a situation where the smiley face just doesn't help. i'd even say it's offensive. :) >Thanks for trying to help out, though. Love ya anyway. :) Yikes. the next time i decide to try to help somebody out, i hope somebody will remind me to first shove a 6-inch railroad spike through my head. i could learn to live with that . . . (don't worry, i don't really think that) --pnaomi, apologizing in advance for all the non-TMBG-related bandwidth she's about to use up. ------------------------------ From: "Drunken Bird" Organization: Columbus State Univ., Columbus, Ga. Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:03:39 EST Subject: TMBG: TMBG catalog, CD bootlegs Message-ID: <3DE2437091B@colstate.edu> > My mom works at Mailboxes Etc, and yesterday a woman that she knew came in (I > don't know why they got onto the topic of They), but I guess the same thing > happened to her son (ordering from TMBG a while ago and still no response). My > mom actually called me from work to ask if this has happened to anyone else > . I ordered my stuff fine, which included the HOM and State songs. I sent in the order after trying in vain of getting through on the phone (TMBG is a busy busnesses.. YA!), but not a chance At least that same night I actually got through on DAS. That RULED! It was kindof disappointing that I have heard everything on the web already, but hey, that is Exactly what I look for:) I'm curious of a couple of things. Is TMBG going to update their Merch page with the couple of new items? This is my first catalog, and I'm not sure how good they are at it. I got a "Music self played, is Happiness Self-made shirt) Where can a get some high quaility bootleegs put on a CD?I've been meaning to get a CD Recordable, but nobody took my Christmas present hint. - WrymEnigma "WAHO!" Kenny during the South Park Christmas ep. ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:05:26 CST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-393 Message-ID: <29FBFF523E5@athena.valpo.edu> ok, let me rephrase. i said that we couldn't get ahold of the noone knows my plan song from cartoon planet when in fact it is off of john henry. someone else stated that the song was actually the first and last portions of the song put togehter. so we have the original album version edited for space ghost. i was also under the impression that other cartoon planet themes were for sale, under what sounded like a cartoon network cd. what i MEANT was that it is dobtful that tmbg will get on any sort of cartoon network cd with their theme song since elektra didn't know about it being on cartoon planet. [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Cartman, you couldn't tell the difference between a rain forest and a pop tart!! "Yeah I can, a pop tart's frosted." --Comedy central's "South Park" [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:14:33 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <199801291814.NAA15194@ussenterprise.ufp.org> From: The Denominator Subject: TMBG: Broken Link- MP3s Of course as i happily post my link, i will do it wrong. I am a stong follower of murphy's laws. The REAL url should be: http://centum.utulsa.edu/~maxwellkd/www/band.html also, youll have to right-click (or hold down the button on a mac) to get them. for some reason the server tries to just load the binary into the browser if you just click on the files... do not as me why... im clueless! anyway, enjoy! T D ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <35260109.34d0d444@aol.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:10:58 EST Subject: TMBG: WMBGT, South Park & Guitar Tabs I have a Real Audio sample of a TMBG cover I did at http://members.aol.com/GooberMont/liestill.ram it's lie still, little bottle.... Ok, the next matter on my list is about South Park/Guitar Tabs....I've been looking for two guitar tabs currently, TMBG's Whisling in the Dark (I love WITD) & South Park's Kyle's Mom is a Bitch (in D Minor)...playing D along with the song sounds OK, but not too super....any help would be appreciated.... jason "mr. hanky, the christmas poo" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34D178FD.2DC5605D@garnet.acns.fsu.edu> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 01:53:49 -0500 From: Emmanuel Donio Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-393 Hi there, tuna fish anyone? Delicious. My name is Manny, I'm a Capricorn, and I have not yet received (and perhaps will never receive) the new TMBG catalog. Is there anything special on there I should know about? I've seen people claim to order specific Hello albums. Is this now possible? Write me a letter. I told you who I was ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-394 ******************************