Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-395 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 395 Saturday, 31 January 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day TMBG: Live in NY TMBG: House of States TMBG: OMLT's? TMBG: JFMPS Mercury Lounge Show? Re: TMBG: JFMPS Mercury Lounge Show? Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day TMBG: Guess Who? NON TMBG: Real Audio help Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Re: TMBG: Live in NY Re: TMBG: Live in NY Re: TMBG: 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon Re: TMBG: Guess Who? Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy Re: TMBG: Live in NY Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day TMBG: records/das Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day TMBG: Brian Doherty & XTC? TMBG: Brian Doherty/XTC Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <1ff1d8d6.34d1c48a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:16:07 EST Subject: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day In a message dated 98-01-30 02:07:15 EST, you write: << At least that same night I actually got through on DAS. That RULED! It was kindof disappointing that I have heard everything on the web already, but hey, that is Exactly what I look for:) >> FYI: When you reach D-A-S, after the song finishes, hang up and hit redial on your phone right away. You can call over and over without interruption, usually, and monopolize the line until you are just way too sick of hearing phone quality music. Every time you call back it is usually a different song at random. So call for free from work and enjoy! Arwen "Don't make me kill you again" AnaNg ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01BD2D4C.2237F960@s116b.rcn.nmt.edu> From: Nick Wolf Subject: TMBG: Live in NY Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 06:55:55 -0700 Hey there, everyone. Do any of you fans out there have a list of what songs are on the Live in NY CD, or whatever it is? I would be most gracious for your help. All I need is a list, after all. Signed, Refund ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19980129095037.00701558@mailbox.ucdavis.edu> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 09:50:45 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: House of States > hi, i have known about John Linnell's albums, Hall of Mayors and State >Songs, for a while now but i just cant seem to find them. if anyone could help >me here it would be greatly appreciated. Theoretically, they're available from the Info Club catalog. In reality, go ahead and order them, but they won't get to you any time soon. (The Info Club is notorious for this.) Worse comes to worse, you can trade for dubs. > has anyone heard any news on the Hitting The Ground soundtrack? They Might >Be Giants were supposed to do a song called "Allison" on it. i dont even know >if the soundtrack has been released yet. Last I heard, neither the movie nor the soundtrack had been released. >Also, anyone still interested in IPCDs please e-mail me, and if you have an >IPCD already I would appreciate some more feedback, perhaps a Review-type >critique thing... tell me what's wrong with it... If you don't know, don't >ask... Are they good quality? If so, I'm interested. (IIRC, I was on the original list of interested people anyway.) --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Prepare to be underwhelmed!"--my physics professor, setting up a demonstration Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ Message-ID: <19980130015431.27602.rocketmail@send1a.yahoomail.com> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 17:54:31 -0800 (PST) From: Ethuilcalen Subject: TMBG: OMLT's? Hi all :) I'm a former list subscriber, but had to unsubscribe due to my school addy getting shut down, since I graduated from my old school. I used to keep in touch with Kevin McGuire, but he's dropped off the face of the earth, and I need to ask a question :) Have the OMLT's come out yet? *casts a look in the Great OMLT Goddess' direction, humbly, of course* Sorry for a seeming waste of bandwith :p Ethuilcalen :) == The Quote of the Day Brought to you by the Cerulean Blue Wierdo: Love is the province of Desire, and Desire is always cruel. --from Brief Lives "Dubity-dubity-dubity-du! Du-du-du-du-du-*oink*! Thank you!" _________________________________________________________ DO YOU YAHOO!? Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com ------------------------------ From: echuss@notes.cc.bellcore.com Message-ID: <8525659C.004C9C70.00@notes950.cc.bellcore.com> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:06:25 -0500 Subject: TMBG: JFMPS Mercury Lounge Show? Did anyone here go to last night's John Flansburgh's Mono Puff Syndicate Mercury Lounge show and if they did would they provide a review? I am very curious to hear how it went, what he played, etc. TIA. >Anyways, The Happy Guy is also selling his body on the streets of Rochester >NY, on an awning of this weird vintage-y store called "Cassandra's", run by a >guy who doesn't speak much english . I'd like to comphiscate the awning and >put it on my porch. Sounds like an easy way to get caught - You could then sing "Noone Knows My Plan" and REALLY mean. :) Erik "In my prison cell I bide my time Always thinking Always busy cooking up an angle Working on the tiny blueprint of the angle Sketching out the burning autumn leaves" ------------------------------ From: Shaft137@aol.com Message-ID: <6f1e4434.34d1e496@aol.com> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:32:52 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: JFMPS Mercury Lounge Show? In a message dated 98-01-30 09:24:09 EST, you write: < Did anyone here go to last night's John Flansburgh's Mono Puff Syndicate Subject: Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Message-id: Is DAS really free when you call from work? How do they know? Stupid Question, I know.... The Living Behemoth *************************************************************************** "There are three kinds of people in the world--those who can count and those who can't." "Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stranger." "The world fascinates me. It's so nice. Whatever it is." -Andy Warhol ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:52:19 -0500 From: Chad Maloney Subject: Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Message-id: <34D1E923.A0349C18@rosevc.rose-hulman.edu> The Living Behemoth wrote: > > Is DAS really free when you call from work? How do they know? Stupid > Question, I know.... You didn't know that the phone lines have the concept of work and home? That's why you have to put your work phone number and your home phone number on things when you order stuff. No wait, that's not it. Really it depends on how you define the word free. If you define free with respect to you, sure it is free! If free means that you personally don't have to pay money, then it is surely free. If free means no one has to pay money, then it isn't free. When you call long distance from work, you don't have to pay for it. Work not so much. So, to clear your conscience, record DAS when you call from work and play it over the intercom system to that everyone can hear it. I mean, work payed for it, so you might as well give to them, right? - Chad "You should see what's free for Clinton when at work" Maloney ------------------------------ Message-ID: <00e601bd2d93$c60e24a0$90672399@default> From: "AugieWan" Subject: TMBG: Guess Who? Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:28:48 -0500 The day Mike Leffel and AugieWan got married........ Oh the Horror! So what's been on the thread list in the last month or two? I checked out the last few digests and got signed back on the list about 24 hours ago, not a lot of activity. AugieWan has been a busy boy, Moved, Changed Jobs, the usual stress yourself out until you pull your hair out kind of couple months. So where IS Leffel? I looked at some digests(as I mentioned before) and I didn't see him. I saw the "maybe Leffel and AugieWan eloped" comment and figured he's been absent too. Well I'll jump right in here and .......... -"Do any of you fans out there have a list of what songs are on the Live in NY CD, or whatever it is?"- The track listing from "Live in NY CD,or whatever it is" is as follows... They Might Be Giants - Live in NYC - 01 - Intro They Might Be Giants - Live In NYC - 02 - O Do Not Forsake Me They Might Be Giants - Live In NYC - 03 - Don't Let's Start They Might Be Giants - Live In NYC - 04 - AKA Driver They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 05 - Talk They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 06 - Talk They Might Be Giants - Live In NYC - 07 - Why Does The Sun Shine They Might Be Giants - Live In NYC - 08 - Purple Toupee They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 10 - Chess Piece Face They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 11 - Particle Man They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 12 - She's an Angel They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 13 - The Statue Got Me High They Might Be Giants - Live in NYC - 14 - Band Intros They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 15 - Whistling in the Dark They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 16 - Ana Ng They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 17 - Talk They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 18 - Talk They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 19 - Turn Around They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 20 - I Palindrome I They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 21 - Birdhouse in Your Soul They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 22 - Snail Shell They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 23 - Twisting They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 24 - Dig My Grave They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 25 - Talk They Might be Giants - Live in NYC - 26 - Sponsor Plug Quite a few people say this isn't a very good concert compared to alot of the boots out there. I personally love it but at the same time, it was the first concert recording I ever got to here from Them. Living in SE Michigan is kind of a bummer when it comes to finding TMBG boots. All the boot bins around here have is Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and the like. (Yippy!) Barf! So what IS happening with the OMLT's? I'll admit right here and now that I'm one of the Bums that has yet to send the OMLT Goddess her jack, er money. Sorry! I'll send it soon! Before I go and start calling DAS from work again, could anyone let me know if they've bothered to add some new songs to the mix? It got kind of old hearing the same ol' songs every time. Any new news on a label for the Johns? Well I'll be going now, Hello to all that remember me and Hello nice to meet ya if your new to the list. Augiewan is listening to 3 CD's on random - "Tanya Donelly - Lovesongs for Underdogs" Tanya is formerly of Throwing Muses, Breeders, and Belly. "Squirrel Nut Zippers - The Inevitable" I just love these guys to death and "Milla - The Divine Comedy" Excellent album! Kate Bush meets Tori Amos meets Enya but better! "We are Microsoft. Resistance Is Futile. You Will Be Assimilated" TMBG fanclub member #2061 augiewan@dancingink.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: <5a61e64d.34d1f14a@aol.com> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:27:04 EST Subject: NON TMBG: Real Audio help Hey.:) i feel like a dumb ass and I apologize.. but this *is* kinda related seeing as there are some TMBG (and TMBG covers) in Real Audio format that I want to hear.. So the question I pose is this. Does anyone else on here have a mac with RA Player 3.0? Mine used to work, but now it tells me I need the latest version.. this still IS the latest version for my computer. Help! The computer world is against me! dreaming of one day hearing .ram's and .mp3's... sorrysarah ------------------------------ From: Kaylum@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:21:12 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day << So, to clear your conscience, record DAS when you call from work and play it over the intercom system to that everyone can hear it. I mean, work payed for it, so you might as well give to them, right? >> Heh, sounds like it's time to once again break out my little DAS story!l Forgive me if you've heard this one before. ::blows dust off of Kay's long neglected TMBG storybook:: I used to work in a college learning center and from time to time would sneak a call to hear a song from our boys in Brooklyn (first time I heard, and fell in love with, "Maine," yeah!). Once, just as the recording started, I heard someone pick up the line in the next room. I quickly hung up and strolled casually past the next room to see one of my co-workers, an older gent, holding the phone with a very puzzled look on his face. He called to me, "Hey, Kim, come listen to this--do you have any idea what it is?" I took the phone and listened to Flans singing "Rat Patrol," Trying to look just as confused as he did, I handed the phone back to him and said, "No idea!" I nearly cracked up as soon as I left the room--I'd come pretty durn close to getting busted! Til next time ::closes book:: Kay ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980130114453.006a3e38@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:44:53 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Live in NY Here are the actual songs, not including the breaks & the commercial at the end: O Do Not Forsake Me Don't Let's Start (the worst live version I've ever heard) AKA Driver Why Does The Sun Shine? Purple Toupee Sleeping In The Flowers Chess Piece Face Particle Man She's An Angel Band Intros (not a song, but has the beginning of "We Are The World" in it) The Statue Got Me High Whistling In The Dark Ana Ng Turn Around I Palindrome I Birdhouse In Your Soul Snail Shell Twistin' Dig My Grave It's not a very good CD, to be totally honest. Of course, after going through hell and back to get it, I'm never gonna give it up. ;) TTYL, -Adam At 06:55 AM 1/30/98 -0700, Nick Wolf wrote: >Hey there, everyone. Do any of you fans out there have a list of what songs are on the Live in NY CD, or whatever it is? I would be most gracious for your help. All I need is a list, after all. >Signed, > Refund > > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9801301832.AA15944@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Live in NY Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:32:08 -0500 (EST) > Here are the actual songs, not including the breaks & the commercial at the > end: > > O Do Not Forsake Me > Don't Let's Start (the worst live version I've ever heard) > AKA Driver > Why Does The Sun Shine? > Purple Toupee > Sleeping In The Flowers > Chess Piece Face > Particle Man > She's An Angel > Band Intros (not a song, but has the beginning of "We Are The World" in it) > The Statue Got Me High > Whistling In The Dark > Ana Ng > Turn Around > I Palindrome I > Birdhouse In Your Soul > Snail Shell > Twistin' > Dig My Grave > > It's not a very good CD, to be totally honest. Of course, after going > through hell and back to get it, I'm never gonna give it up. ;) > > TTYL, > > -Adam Are you saying the quality of the CD itself is not very good or the quality of the concert is not that good? While it doesn't have any amazingly different in the line-up (although you won't hear She's an Angel or a few others these days), it's nice to heard a good quality (sound quality-wise) concert (I have a tape copy but it's better than most bootlegs I have), it has some nice songs. I can't remember how their performance went on it as I haven't listened to it in ages, so perhaps that's it? Or you just didn't like the song line-up, or what? Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199801301923.NAA08440@mail1.nitco.com> From: "The Cowans" Subject: Re: TMBG: 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:07:19 -0600 Hey I have a Bacon Number of 3! It goes: Me to my old friend Sarah Sarah to her brother Michael Shannon Michael Shannon in Balto to KEVIN BACON!!! Now I have to figure out my degree of separation from the Johns. Melissa ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:32:38 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: Guess Who? Message-ID: On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, AugieWan wrote: > So where IS Leffel? the hard drive of the good mr. leffel gave up the ghost a few weeks ago, so although we can assume he is alive and well, (i guess; it's not like that's been an entirely safe assumption in the past,) it pretty much destroys all e-mail-based communication attempts. --jim kuemmerle, who's been going without his USRDA of leffelisms for too long... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34D22C55.B036B3FE@mix-net.net> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:39:03 -0400 From: Campbell Subject: Re: TMBG: Talking to John Flansy Rachel wrote: > hmmm... i guess theres really no way to know, u kno? i mean, i could've > answered all the questions you asked, not to be mean or anything. if i ever > thought i was talking to flans i would've been incredibly nervous and > probably wouldn't have been able to say anything logical. :) and why would > anyone go through that much trouble to impersonate someone? then again > there are a lot of people with too much free time. i would say e mail "him" > and see what kind of response you get. btw, what chatty place was this? > > lovies, > rachel > Well, thanks for all the lovies :-). I was on EFnet or somthing like that (IRC). I was really nervous and probably didn't ask him too many logical things. :-) BYE =) =) - (= (= -Chris "Feeny" Campbell ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980130154649.0069b634@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:46:49 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: Live in NY Matt, I really was disappointed with TMBG's performance. I thought the setlist did a pretty good job of covering songs from each album, and the quality of the recording is excellent. They just didn't seem to be "on" when it was recorded. Whenever I think of this CD, "Don't Let's Start" comes to mind. Nearly every single bootleg I have has TMBG playing this, and out of those 15 or so performances, this is by far the worst. TTYL, -Adam At 01:32 PM 1/30/98 -0500, you wrote: >Are you saying the quality of the CD itself is not very good or the >quality of the concert is not that good? While it doesn't have any >amazingly different in the line-up (although you won't hear She's an Angel or >a few others these days), it's nice to heard a good quality (sound >quality-wise) concert (I have a tape copy but it's better than most >bootlegs I have), it has some nice songs. I can't remember how their >performance went on it as I haven't listened to it in ages, so perhaps >that's it? Or you just didn't like the song line-up, or what? >Matt /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34D23082.D48414C7@mix-net.net> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:56:51 -0400 From: Campbell Subject: Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Hellllllooooooooooooooo, I just got beamed with a giant ball of oil, I'm as slippery as an eel, La la la!!!!!!!!! - Jerry Seinfeld (8 left!) Anywho, D-A-S costs a lot of $$ for me cause I live in Maine, High long dist. rates :-(. And when I do call, It's almost always free (as in not busy). To get to the point, I heard Spiraling shape, It was the same as on the album, I think, but it sounded horrible, I couldn't make out half the words! Maybe its just a bad connection.But Typtaphane sounded ok. So, DON'T CALL FROM MAINE,IT "WILL CRUSH YOUR EVIL HEART!" ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:42:36 -0500 Subject: Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Message-ID: <19980130.164309.2678.0.johnhenry5@juno.com> From: johnhenry5@juno.com (Andy Nich0ls) On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:56:51 -0400 Campbell writes: > Hellllllooooooooooooooo, I just got beamed with a giant ball of >oil, I'm as >slippery as an eel, La la la!!!!!!!!! - Jerry Seinfeld (8 left!) > > Anywho, D-A-S costs a lot of $$ for me cause I live in Maine, High >long dist. rates :-(. And when I do call, It's almost always free (as >in not >busy). To get to the point, I heard Spiraling shape, It was the same >as on the >album, I think, but it sounded horrible, I couldn't make out half the >words! >Maybe its just a bad connection.But Typtaphane sounded ok. > >So, DON'T CALL FROM MAINE,IT "WILL CRUSH YOUR EVIL HEART!" > > > I'd have to agree. Ive called from good ole Maine and it costs mucho bucks. I also have some other advice: DON'T CALL INTO MAINE!! We don't want to hear about you!! Just Kidding. We're really nice people. (well, maybe not the people from up north in the county). Andy Nich0ls _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9801302223.AA16066@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 17:23:17 -0500 (EST) > On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:56:51 -0400 Campbell > writes: > > Hellllllooooooooooooooo, I just got beamed with a giant ball of > >oil, I'm as > >slippery as an eel, La la la!!!!!!!!! - Jerry Seinfeld (8 left!) > > > > Anywho, D-A-S costs a lot of $$ for me cause I live in Maine, High > >long dist. rates :-(. And when I do call, It's almost always free (as > >in not > >busy). To get to the point, I heard Spiraling shape, It was the same > >as on the > >album, I think, but it sounded horrible, I couldn't make out half the > >words! > >Maybe its just a bad connection.But Typtaphane sounded ok. > > > >So, DON'T CALL FROM MAINE,IT "WILL CRUSH YOUR EVIL HEART!" > > > > > > > I'd have to agree. Ive called from good ole Maine and it > costs mucho bucks. I also have some other advice: DON'T CALL INTO > MAINE!! We don't want to hear about you!! Just Kidding. We're really > nice people. (well, maybe not the people from up north in the county). Provided you used the same long distance carrier, would DAS cost the same price (maybe 12-14 cents/minute) from anywhere in the country (apart from those local to Brooklyn)? Why would Maine be more than California, or Texas, or New Jersey for that matter? I once heard that there was a rotating number of songs on the DAS computer, something like 10 or 12 songs, does anyone know exactly how many would be there on any given day? Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:51:05 CST Subject: TMBG: records/das Message-ID: <2BC83D7278D@athena.valpo.edu> i just ordered a twisting promo, sanil shell single, and the birdhouse in your soul single from vinylvendors. with shipping it was a little over $25, which i didn't think was too bad. anyone know how long shipping takes? hopefully shorter than the tmbg catalog. also, whoever was selling the lincoln vinyl, or rather whoever was interested in it, there is a copy of lincoln on lp at www.vinylvendors.com for $7. you have to order a minimum of $15 though. some itneresting stuff there. i'm not sure how many songs are on das, but there have been more than one every time i have called. that's it for now. bye. jer [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Cartman, you couldn't tell the difference between a rain forest and a pop tart!! "Yeah I can, a pop tart's frosted." --Comedy central's "South Park" [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: Web: http://www.valpo.edu/home/student/jskrenes 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34D2550C.1B67A6FB@mix-net.net> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 18:32:47 -0400 From: Campbell Subject: Re: TMBG: Fun D-A-S Tip O' The Day Matthew James wrote: > > On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:56:51 -0400 Campbell > > writes: > > > Hellllllooooooooooooooo, I just got beamed with a giant ball of > > >oil, I'm as > > >slippery as an eel, La la la!!!!!!!!! - Jerry Seinfeld (8 left!) > > > > > > Anywho, D-A-S costs a lot of $$ for me cause I live in Maine, High > > >long dist. rates :-(. And when I do call, It's almost always free (as > > >in not > > >busy). To get to the point, I heard Spiraling shape, It was the same > > >as on the > > >album, I think, but it sounded horrible, I couldn't make out half the > > >words! > > >Maybe its just a bad connection.But Typtaphane sounded ok. > > > > > >So, DON'T CALL FROM MAINE,IT "WILL CRUSH YOUR EVIL HEART!" > > > > > > > > > > > I'd have to agree. Ive called from good ole Maine and it > > costs mucho bucks. I also have some other advice: DON'T CALL INTO > > MAINE!! We don't want to hear about you!! Just Kidding. We're really > > nice people. (well, maybe not the people from up north in the county). > > Provided you used the same long distance carrier, would DAS cost the > same price (maybe 12-14 cents/minute) from anywhere in the country > (apart from those local to Brooklyn)? Why would Maine be more than > California, or Texas, or New Jersey for that matter? > I once heard that there was a rotating number of songs on the DAS > computer, something like 10 or 12 songs, does anyone know exactly how > many would be there on any given day? > Matt > > -- > Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu > Loyola College in Baltimore, MD > Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com Well, I just called 3 times! I guess it wouldn't cost any diffrent for diffrent states. I heard "Nixon's The One" And this is what a heard "When they book ba an see ever...thing hes done, they wi re-ize, nixons the on, nixons the on, nixons the on. The second one was some weird song, and the third was Nixon again :-( Well, maybe theres just a lot of static in the Hell From Above, but my sister and I first called back in like 93 or 4 and I can remember the recording was a lot better. Maybe I'm going def from those HUGE speakers they had at the TMBG concert. BYE =) =) - (= (= Chris "Feeny" Campbell TMBG shrine at www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/lounge/7061 (Don't complain, it's a work in progress!) ------------------------------ Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:49:56 -0500 (EST) From: "Jennifer L. Geese" Subject: TMBG: Brian Doherty & XTC? Message-Id: Adam Tyner wrote: {SNIP} > XTC -> TMBG in several ways...pick one. > > 1) Both were on the Carmen Sandiego CD > 2) Brian Doherty has drummed for both bands > 3) TMBG's cover of "25 O'Clock" > (there are certainly more) Brian Doherty drummed for XTC?? When was this? I've never heard it before. Tell me more... Jen, the honestly confused ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980130220001.006a77ac@130.127.28.14> Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 22:00:01 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Brian Doherty/XTC Yup, he drummed for XTC for just one song..."Cherry In Your Tree". TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-395 ******************************