Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-396 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 396 Sunday, 1 February 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-395 TMBG: Re: WHERE CAN I GET "LIVE FROM NY"? TMBG: Good old-fashioned TMBG: Re: guy and Space Re: TMBG: Re: guy and Space TMBG: (Non-TMBG) music for sale/trade Re: TMBG: Guess Who? TMBG: unknown songs and Kevin Bacon Re: TMBG: unknown songs and Kevin Bacon Fw: TMBG: unknown songs and Kevin Bacon Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: Josh2Face@aol.com Message-ID: <746fdc6.34d337f9@aol.com> Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 09:40:55 EST Subject: TMBG: Re: tmbg-list Digest #3-395 Where can I get "Live from NY"? Some say it sucks but I'd still like to get it ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980131095157.0069f8fc@130.127.28.14> Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 09:51:57 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: Re: WHERE CAN I GET "LIVE FROM NY"? It's a radio promo, so it's pretty tough to get ahold of. It took me around a year-and-a-half to track down a copy. I ended up getting mine, new, from a place in California called Mod Lang, but after I reported my findings to this list, they quickly sold out. -Adam At 09:45 AM 1/31/98 EST, you wrote: >I was just wondering if you guys know anything about where I can get it..if >you got it from a chain store like "Sam Goody" or something,I'm sure I could >find it where I live..so,where'd you guys get your copies? > >Oh yeah,I didn't even here of its release until like today so that's why I'm >asking. > >THANKS, >Josh > > /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 10:21:52 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: Amy Greenlese Subject: TMBG: Good old-fashioned Message-ID: Anyone up for some good old-fashioned trading? I haven't done anything of the sort for a while now. :) Amy! ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 14:30:21 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: guy and Space Message-ID: <19980131.154216.17518.1.Mr.Train@juno.com> Someone said >>> Wow! I was just lost in the wilds of Culver City, and I saw this >big >>> Banckruptcy Liquidation store and they had these giant signs that >said >>> Thank You For Shopping At Great Big Picture of the WDTSS Man. I >must go >>> back there in the dead of night and liberate him. Liquidation is a >sad and >>> goulish occupation, they don't deserve such a cheerful logo. >>> Sarah "maybe Leffel eloped with Augiewan" Winningham <> the man was also spotted on what I call the "dirty part" of Rodeo drive in LAin front a 711 on the back of some billboard... (a small billboard at street level [leffel?]) Also, I am a fan of Space, the liverpoolian band that debued in the states with their single "Female of the Species" are we all on the same page? good... I was at a page devoted to Space and I was e-mailing the webmaster and as I was about to send it... I noticed his e-mail address: tim@tmbg.org !!! I tried to send the mail but it came back... so this guys e-mail doesn't work anymore... anyone remember this guy? Another Q... anyone like Space? Tim, Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Last CD purchase: _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: BenMoobil@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 16:01:21 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: guy and Space In a message dated 1/31/98 2:57:09 PM Central Standard Time, mr.train@juno.com writes: << Another Q... anyone like Space? >> Space is pretty cool i have only heard a coupla songs by them but they really caught my attention.And i would have never heard of them if it hadden't been brought up by someone i was trying to talk into goingt o a TMBG concert with me so it all worked out pretty good. The Be n ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 18:02:16 -0500 (EST) From: 99 and 44/100% MIKe! Subject: TMBG: (Non-TMBG) music for sale/trade Message-ID: Here's my current list of cassettes and CDs that I am offering for sale or trade - email me with questions or offers. All items are used, unless otherwise indicated, but in perfect condition. I'm posting to TMBG-list exclusively, because I love you guys more. CASSETTES: Don't Talk Dance! (1995) - promotional pre-release cassette of side project of Barenaked Ladies' Tyler Stewart and Ed Robertson. CFNY (Toronto) Free At Last 3 (1993) - promotional cassette featuring tracks by New Order, Presence, Crash Vegas, Frank Black, God Machine, G.W. McLennan, Sand Rubies, Hothouse Flowers, His Name Is Alive, Mind Bomb, Pursuit Of Happiness, Quicksand, Trash Can Sinatras, Chris Mars, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Wool, X, Red House Painters, Bob Geldof CKLN (Toronto) Tune In. Turn On. Bug Out!! (1995, still sealed) - promotional cassette featuring tracks by Hum, Rusty, The Monoxides, Matthew Sweet, Wanderlust, Mrs. Torrance, From Good Homes, Pursuit Of Happiness, Stephen Duffy, Mobb Deep, Crooked, Raekwon, KRS-1, Whitey Don, Souls Of Mischief, Wailing Souls COMPACT DISCS: Raging Slab: Take A Hold (1994) - Limited Edition European EP, numbered 0391 of 3000. Tracks: Take A Hold, Move That Thang, Weatherman (Live). Sticker with limited number on front of slightly beat-up jewelcase. Worth it for the name of the band alone. The B-52's: Roam (1989) - EP with five mixes of Roam, plus Bushfire. Prince and NPG - Gett Off (1991) - EP with seven connected mixes/versions of Gett Off. Admit it, you like Prince. That's it for now. MIKe *TMBG Info Club ID No: 18902* THE COOLEST PLACE TO BE - Mr Flippy's Red Light Funtime Party Hour --->http://www.yucc.yorku.ca/~flippy<--- AND: Check out the webzine JournalX at www.journalx.com *-----------------------------* Food processors are great. ------------------------------ From: Hjbttrben@aol.com Message-ID: <7868f280.34d404b6@aol.com> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 00:14:28 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Guess Who? Dont think that you cant find any TMBG bootlegs just because you live in Michigan. I live less than 30 miles away from Them (in Long Island) and I STILL cant find any in the boots bin. All I can find is Phish or Grateful Dead. So if anyone who lives on Long Island knows where to find them, please tell me!!!!! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <002901bd2eda$74dc8840$62ea5fcc@red5> From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: unknown songs and Kevin Bacon Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 01:26:28 -0500 Hello all you fellow TMBG fans! I'm hoping that some of you TMBG-know-it-alls out there can help me. I always thought of myself as pretty "with it" as far as the Johns are concerned, but through my recent surfing I have found reference to quite a few Giant's songs that I never knew existed. Can ANYONE help me find or at least give me info on any of the following songs???? Brainwashin' Our Fighting Boys Bread Hair Concrete and Clay Confusing the Mind Cupid Don't Know Why It Takes That Long Hi Honey I'm Home How Much Cake Can You Eat? I Find It Hard to Believe I Might Be Giants Too I Need Some Lovin' Mario Speaks Mrs. Cinderella Next Plane to London Not Too Clear Not Too Long Now That I Have Everything Out Of Jail The Writing's on the Wall There's a New Song Every Hour We Love All the People Then there's some Mono Puff stuff...... The Devil Went Down to Newport (Totally Remade) this is from the cd single, does anyone have this as a WAV or MP3? And the demo cd from Unsupervised with six songs... I heard they are different versions, are they the versions that are played on the DAS or are they different? If they're different, does anyone have these??? If you have the songs listed above or know where to download them (ANY OF THEM) please let me know!!!!!! Hey! Something else I need help with.... Does anyone know of ANY movie with Kevin Bacon in it that had Cheap Trick in the soundtrack? If one exists, then I can link me to Kevin in two. They used to practice in my basement. :) Oh well, Have a great one! AugieWan is listening to "8 1/2 Souvenirs - Souvonica" TMBG fanclub member #2061 augiewan@dancingink.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <199802010640.BAA01629@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 00:39:49 -0600 From: Mitchell Harding Subject: Re: TMBG: unknown songs and Kevin Bacon > > Now That I Have Everything This is on the "Then: The Earlier Years" CD. > > Out Of Jail This is on "John Henry". The rest were on Dial-A-Song at one time or another. Mitcharf ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003401bd2edc$0a84cc80$62ea5fcc@red5> From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: Fw: TMBG: unknown songs and Kevin Bacon Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 01:38:38 -0500 ->> Now That I Have Everything >This is on the "Then: The Earlier Years" CD. oops my mistake... it's late! >> Out Of Jail >This is on "John Henry". Now I feel REALLY stupid! >The rest were on Dial-A-Song at one time or another. >Mitcharf OK, Does anyone HAVE them? please? pretty please? it's just AugieWan again...... ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-396 ******************************