Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-397 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 397 Monday, 2 February 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: One NOTE....... TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ NON-TMBG: space TMBG: Live From NY TMBG: I Might Be Giants, Too/Mono Puff Demos TMBG: bootlegs & related odd TMBG CD's Re: TMBG: bootlegs & related odd TMBG CD's TMBG: "the door is made of soup" TMBG: unreleased songs TMBG: yeah TMBG: ASDs Re: TMBG: unreleased songs non-TMBG: Space [Ghost] TMBG: Scary dude standing beside me: favorite TMBG bootleg moment Re: TMBG: Re: guy and Space Re: non-TMBG: Space [Ghost] TMBG: The Wedding Singer TMBG: Re: guy and Space TMBG: I am not your broom... Re: TMBG: Re: guy and Space NON-TMBG: huffamoose, gary oldman Re: NON-TMBG: huffamoose, gary oldman TMBG: Flansburgh's song production +OAT TMBG: Info club delay? Re: TMBG: Info club delay? Re: TMBG: Info club delay? Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message-ID: <006801bd2ee1$a1896fa0$62ea5fcc@red5> From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: One NOTE....... Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 02:18:38 -0500 I finally got my accordion back! Whoever needed that note in wav format needs to tell me what note and where to send it, that is if you still need it. :) Sorry it took so long. AugieWan TMBG fanclub member #2061 augiewan@dancingink.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 03:15:01 -0500 (EST) From: Majordomo Message-Id: <199802010815.DAA06737@ussenterprise.ufp.org> Subject: TMBG: tmbg-list FAQ *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** This notice is posted twice a month to tmbg-list and tmbg-digest, as well as sent to all new users. Please read it if you have questions about the list. The TMBG mailing list is administered by Leo Bicknell . It provides a forum for discussing They Might Be Giants and Their music. 1) Unsubscribing from the list It is easy to unsubscribe from this mailing list. If you are subscribed to the regular, or "bounce" list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-list e-mail@address in the body of a message to . To unsubscribe from the tmbg-digest digested version of the list, send the command unsubscribe tmbg-digest e-mail@address in the body of a message to . "e-mail@address" stands for the email address that is subscribed to the list. If you are sending the command from the email account that is subscribed, this part of the command is optional. If you have problems, send mail to . 2) Subscribing to the list Follow the instructions above for unsubscribing but send the word 'subscribe' rather than unsubscribe. :-) Keep in mind that tmbg-list will send you a copy of each message as it's written, which may be a lot. tmbg-digest will send you all the messages written in a day in the middle of the night. See http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/ for more information. 3) Sending messages to the list To send a message to the list just mail it to tmbg-list@tmbg.org and it will get sent out to everyone. Please don't mail any chain letters, make money fast schemes, "me too" messages, or anything else that doesn't contribute to the discussion about TMBG. IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT IMPORTANT When you send a message to the list you are sending messages to hundreds of people. Make sure that your message is one that hundreds of people need to read. Do not send "me too" messages to the list. Do not send messages about non-tmbg topics to the list. Hold private conversations in private e-mail. Sending messages that the list administrator deems off topic will result in your being removed from the list. 4) The TMBG FAQ The They Might Be Giants Frequently Asked Questions list is a compilation of the most requested information about the Johns. It is maintained by John Relph . To get the latest copy of the FAQ, you can do any of the following things. First, it is available on the World Wide Web at: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ.html and, for a plaintext version: http://reality.sgi.com/relph/music/TMBG-FAQ Second, it is posted regularly on the newsgroup alt.music.tmbg. Third, if you can't get to one of those places, you can mail me and I'll send you a copy. 5) The websites The unofficial web site, http://www.tmbg.org/ has all sorts of good TMBG information including information on this mailing list (http://www.tmbg.org/mail-news/) as well as pointers to where you can read the list via news. You'll also find lyrics, chords, and interpretations for many of the songs. Also try out the Official TMBG Website at: http://www.tmbg.com/ As always, thank you for your mind. *** ADMINISTRIVIA *** ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 07:36:09 -0700 Subject: NON-TMBG: space Message-ID: <19980201.073831.18886.2.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) >the man was also spotted on what I call the "dirty part" of Rodeo drive >in LAin front a 711 on the back of some billboard... (a small billboard >at street level [leffel?]) ya know what? 7-11's don't exist everywhere... neither do white castles... i'm upset. >. anyone like Space? oooh!!!! YES!!! i only have their album *spiders* (which i would highly suggest getting so long as you don't have arachnaphobia(sp?)). but when i listened to it i totally thought that the band should be more than just a two-hit wonder (female of the species and neighbourhood)... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: ArwenAnaNg@aol.com Message-ID: <3c254ecd.34d48d57@aol.com> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 09:57:25 EST Subject: TMBG: Live From NY << Where can I get "Live from NY"? Some say it sucks but I'd still like to get it>> I *think* it was a promotional CD. It came in a plain white sleeve with just a sticker on one side with the tile & song list. A friend of my husband who is a record company executive (not for Elektra, but his son is a big TMBG fan) sent it to me after learning that They were my favorite band. BTW - it doesn't suck. The CD# on it is: PRCD 9083-2 (The "PR" before CD leads me to believe it's promotional) Arwen "Not feeling very witty since the dissapearance of Mr. Leffel" AnaNg ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <4207892c.34d49e3b@aol.com> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 11:09:29 EST Subject: TMBG: I Might Be Giants, Too/Mono Puff Demos << I Might Be Giants Too >> This one is online at http://tmbg.res.cmu.edu/offer.html, I think... <> A few of these demos are downloadable from tmbg.com, if you click on dial-a- song, then delete the dial.html, then click on the sounds or songs folder or something....I think what bothers the spaceman, typotophane (which is also available on the Devil went down to newport ep), & I think one more.... Oh, & let me say that Space kicks ass... jason "mr. hanky, the christmas poo" glastetter ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <7d22283b.34d4a82d@aol.com> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 11:51:55 EST Subject: TMBG: bootlegs & related odd TMBG CD's Ok, I was reading over some stuff about some guy/girl/thing in Michigan & how he/she/it (pardon me, I didn't bother checking gender) could only find bootleg stuff of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. etc. etc. Well, there's two reasons for this...1) Nirvana & such are pretty popular & henceforth, there is more of a demand. 2) Some company made a lot of copies of Nirvana concerts, demos, etc. on CD, I believe TMBG has possibly only 2 or 3 rare CD's (not counting eps)...here's my list: 1) The demo CD (the yellow album, I am not sure if this is even on CD, but I'm guessing that it may be....) 2) The Live in NYC CD (I've heard this & I like it a lot) 3) The Then Promo CD (Basically, this is a CD a lot of stores got with I think it was 17 tracks on it from Then to play as a sort of tease in the stores, there's nothing special on this, but it is a "bootleg" CD, sorta...) I'm surprised that promo CD has never been mentioned on this list before (Maybe I just missed it), oh well..... I'd put the list of rare Nirvana CD's on here, but I don't feel like typing on my computer for hours on end.... jason "mr. hanky, the christmas poo" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980201120259.006a1414@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 12:02:59 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: bootlegs & related odd TMBG CD's At 11:51 AM 2/1/98 EST, Happyfroot@aol.com wrote: >1) The demo CD (the yellow album, I am not sure if this is even on CD, but I'm >guessing that it may be....) Yellow Album? Are you thinking about Barenaked Ladies or something? :) No, the demo tape has never officially been released on CD. There are a few CDs fans have burned, though... >2) The Live in NYC CD (I've heard this & I like it a lot) I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's awful. Never mind. :) >3) The Then Promo CD (Basically, this is a CD a lot of stores got with I think >it was 17 tracks on it from Then to play as a sort of tease in the stores, >there's nothing special on this, but it is a "bootleg" CD, sorta...) Mine has 15 tracks... I don't see how it's a bootleg though. TTYL, -Adam /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <003501bd2f3d$b0e8cfc0$68ea5fcc@red5> From: "Augie-Wan" Subject: TMBG: "the door is made of soup" Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 13:17:35 -0500 Hello all, AugieWan here again. I just got the first Ben Folds Five CD (well I think it's the first, it's self titled) and, get ready for this...... I found the Space Ghost Musical Bar-B-Que CD!!!!! I've been trying to hunt this one down for awhile. Love it love it!!!!! Anyway, I'm listening to the BFF cd right now and I like it alot so far. OK, I've been contacted by quite a few people on the list about trading 2:1 for some of the boots out there, primarily the Power of DAS boots since I asked about all those songs yesterday. I would like to know from those who have sent in blanks for boots, who is reliable. I would love to get some of that stuff, but I'm not sure who to trust. There was some bad-mouthing going on about six months ago or so about some boot traders that weren't holding up there end of the trade. Who should I send to??? So as to not slander anyone, please respond to this request to my e-mail box augiewan@dancingink.com instead of on the list. Thanks. Oh! if you suggest someone be sure to tell me where to find there page too. With all the talk about other bands that we all like, has anyone made a "If you like TMBG, you'll probably like______" page? If so, where is it? I've still never heard Lincoln but I hear BNL all the time now that a buddy of mine got one of there CD's. I really like them and would have never even though to check them out if the list hadn't pointed me their way. Have a good one, AugieWan is listening to BFF and just got done listing to Brak sing "Hoodleehoo" TMBG fanclub member #2061 augiewan@dancingink.com [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.32.19980201111341.00701ed8@mailbox.ucdavis.edu> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 11:13:50 -0800 From: Nicole the Wonder Nerd Subject: TMBG: unreleased songs >Concrete and Clay >Don't Know Why It Takes That Long >Hi Honey I'm Home >How Much Cake Can You Eat? >I Find It Hard to Believe >I Need Some Lovin' >Next Plane to London >Not Too Clear Not Too Long >There's a New Song Every Hour All of these are DAS only, from the Bar-None and before era. They're on a fan-compiled collection called The Power of Dial-a-Song. PODAS was compiled around 1988-9 (anyone know for sure?), around the same time as Free When You Call From Work (another DAS collection) and The Low-Fidelity Experience; plenty of people have copies. I'd offer to trade you mine, except that it is unbelievably crappy quality, even for DAS's. The latter two are not songs so much as intros to DAS. Sometimes you don't get them, usually you do. Be forewarned that the sound quality on PODAS ranges from bad to awful, and some of the songs are not exactly gems. (Here I am thinking of "I Need Some Lovin'.") But it's fun, and it gives interesting glimpses in the creative process (the new She Was A Hotel Detective, for example, was once two separate songs). >Now That I Have Everything >Out Of Jail Both of these are on major releases (T:TEY and JH, respectively). Have fun! --nicole the wonder nerd *** "Prepare to be underwhelmed!"--my physics professor, setting up a demonstration Visit Nicolopolis! http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn Public PGP key at http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~carlsonn/key.html ncarlson@mail.arc.nasa.gov nmcarlson@ucdavis.edu ana.ng@tmbg.org ------------------------------ From: TrackmanE@aol.com Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 14:39:30 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <980201143929_-698317143@mrin52> Subject: TMBG: yeah help-i want out. ------------------------------ From: TrackmanE@aol.com Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 14:39:55 -0500 (EST) Message-ID: <980201143955_1854214061@mrin39.mx> Subject: TMBG: ASDs i want to get off the list! ------------------------------ From: Matthew Coon Message-Id: <199802012125.QAA29304@omni.cc.purdue.edu> Subject: Re: TMBG: unreleased songs Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 16:25:51 -0500 (EST) Nicole writes: > PODAS was compiled around 1988-9 (anyone know for sure?), More like 1993-4. > Be forewarned that the sound quality on PODAS ranges from bad to awful, and > some of the songs are not exactly gems. A few are not so good, many are as good as can be expected given phone quality/bandwidth issues... All are definitely listenable though, unless maybe you get a 10^3 generation copy, and I'd call it a must-have. (Plus, I like the DAS version of Maine better that the State Songs version). > (Here I am thinking of "I Need Some Lovin'.") Oh, I don't know... I think it has a certain charm, and "Brass bed with a sign that reads, 'Nobody rides for free'" is kind of a cool lyric. m@t ------------------------------ From: nmoos1@rachel.chatham.edu Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 17:47:54 -0500 (EST) Subject: non-TMBG: Space [Ghost] Message-id: <01IT2O6JKPMUCWHKGV@ritvax.isc.rit.edu> hey there silly heads. i saw Space in concert once as a side show to a huge festival (the Y-100 Fez-tival, to be exact... everyone was issued a fez!) they were pretty good, i suppose... i have heard their arachnoid album, and it seems like the kind of quirky thing that if i had, i'd take out and play half-a-time every month or so. they were incredibly flashy on stage, though. they had that *glam* thing going on. unfortunately, their showiness did not cover up for their lack of showmanship. just standard stage posing and such... On a completely different note, somebody mentioned a couple weeks ago that Flansburgh was supposed to show up on Space Ghost sometime.... WELL??? ::breathes ferociously:: i didn't miss it did i? --pnaomi, who's seeing a surgeon about that vein in her forehead. ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34D50AFA.5FBE@rica.net> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 18:53:30 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: TMBG: Scary dude standing beside me: favorite TMBG bootleg moment I'm curious to other's favorite bootleg moment(s), you know, a tape that's not radio or promotional where you can hear various conversations or comments from the stander-bys. I think mine is a show from August of '96 at the 9:30 Club in D.C. where, during a chorus of Ana Ng, a really hate filled voice can be heard yelling "Play it right, you mother," and then the band gets loud again befroe he can complete his sentence. They were having fun, instead of singing "Ana Ng," Linnell was singing "Aneurysm, sometimes I forget stuff," at a slowed down tempo. The guy yelling sounds evil, but the first time I listened to it I laughed for a good two minutes due to the timing and absurdity. My least favorite is anytime I'm enjoying a quiter song like Dr. Worm and then somebody squeals or chatters away like a hyena caught in a bear trap. I know people talk, I do too, but geez, some just don't wind down. Joey, blah blah blah Watch the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie "The Love Letter," tonight on CBS at 9:00, my girlfriend is a background extra during a train scene and another scene I'm forgetting at the moment. It's Leffel endorsed! Okay he made fun of me. And then I made fun of him. I miss the non sequiters and Transformer references, that is his way. Run Shingo, run as fast as your legs will carry you! ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 17:27:39 -0800 (PST) From: winningh Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: guy and Space Message-ID: On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 mr.train@juno.com wrote: > Someone said > >>> Wow! I was just lost in the wilds of Culver City, and I saw this > >big > >>> Banckruptcy Liquidation store and they had these giant signs that > >said > >>> Thank You For Shopping At Great Big Picture of the WDTSS Man. I > >must go > >>> back there in the dead of night and liberate him. Liquidation is a > >sad and > >>> goulish occupation, they don't deserve such a cheerful logo. > >>> Sarah "maybe Leffel eloped with Augiewan" Winningham > <> > > the man was also spotted on what I call the "dirty part" of Rodeo drive > in LAin front a 711 on the back of some billboard... (a small billboard > at street level [leffel?]) > I am pretty sure this is the same sign, on the corner of La Cienqua and Rodeo. Who spotted it? Because we live in the same nas-T city and could conceivably meet-up. Sarah "saw Gary Oldman today" Winningham ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980201205653.00693f38@pop.indy.net> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 20:56:53 -0500 From: Rachel Subject: Re: non-TMBG: Space [Ghost] >On a completely different note, somebody mentioned a couple weeks >ago that Flansburgh was supposed to show up on Space Ghost >sometime.... WELL??? ::breathes ferociously:: >i didn't miss it did i? > >--pnaomi, who's seeing a surgeon about that vein in her forehead. > > nope, you didn't miss anything, in fact, i think they're playing with our minds. they told us on the new years show about all these new guests (including mr. flansburgh) but for the next 2 months all we're gonna get is re-runs! argh! lovies, rachel ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980201211928.00698a78@130.127.28.14> Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 21:19:28 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: TMBG: The Wedding Singer For those of you that have Stumpbox, you've heard TMBG's cover of Elvis Costello's "Everyday I Write The Book"...the original is going to be on the soundtrack for "The Wedding Singer"...the CD comes out on Tuesday. Here's a complete track listing... TTYL, -Adam 01. Video Killed The Radio Star - The Presidents Of The USA 02. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club 03. White Wedding 04. Pass The Dutchie - Musical Youth 05. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure 06. Hold Me Now - The Thompson Twins 07. It's All I Can Do - The Cars 08. Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - The Police 09. Everyday I Write The Book - Elvis Costello 10. Blue Monday - New Order 11. China Girl - David Bowie 12. Love My Way - The Psychedelic Furs 13. Money - The Flying Lizards 14. How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths 15. Always Something There To Remind Me - Naked Eyes 16. Somebody Kill Me - Adam Sandler 17. Rappers Delight - Rosie (Ellen Dow) /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mr.train@juno.com Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 21:30:31 -0500 Subject: TMBG: Re: guy and Space Message-ID: <19980201.213127.6422.14.Mr.Train@juno.com> On Sun, 1 Feb 1998 17:27:39 -0800 (PST) winningh writes: <> >> the man was also spotted on what I call the "dirty part" of Rodeo >drive >> in LAin front a 711 on the back of some billboard... (a small >billboard >> at street level [leffel?]) >> >I am pretty sure this is the same sign, on the corner of La Cienqua >and >Rodeo. Who spotted it? Because we live in the same nas-T city and >could conceivably meet-up. >Sarah "saw Gary Oldman today" Winningham Hey, it was me... and although I am always interested in meeting TMBG fans on the list (saw two at a concert here) I do not live in CA.. I was on my way to the La Brea tarpits with my relatives who live there and spotted it... I was amazed at seeing it, yet couldn't share it with anyone in the car, No One Understands... but it is pretty coll that we saw the same sign... sorry about insulting your neighorhood, by the way, it just seemed dirty to me... Tim, is a mass of incandescent gas Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) Favorite TMBG song update: Jessica Last CD purchase: Huffamoose - We've Been Had Again _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ From: SupeRGish@aol.com Message-ID: <2c2a53d1.34d5308d@aol.com> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 21:33:46 EST Subject: TMBG: I am not your broom... Ok...There's the song called I am not your broom. There was a live taping of it somwhere at some time. I wanted to bottleg it in Lancaster, PA, but my parents wouldn't let me break the law (stupid parents). But that's not the point. The point is, that I would like to get my hands on a live version of this song. If anybody knows where I can get one, could you tell me? And I'm kinda broke so...cheap? Thanks. -Ryan Harter Enola, Pa ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 1 Feb 98 21:58 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: TMBG: Re: guy and Space >Sarah "saw Gary Oldman today" Winningham Well, don't leave me in suspense! Where? Kirsten "I heart Gary Oldman" Brodbeck -- "That's the official rock thing, to speak for a generation, and since we've completely failed to do that, we're willing to speak for ourselves." - John Flansburgh, TMBG. *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow* ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 20:30:04 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: NON-TMBG: huffamoose, gary oldman Message-ID: On Sun, 1 Feb 1998 mr.train@juno.com wrote: > Tim, is a mass of incandescent gas > Miscellaneous Tim AKA TMB(do)G > AKA Tambo (IRC) AKA Mr.Train (OML) > Favorite TMBG song update: Jessica > Last CD purchase: Huffamoose - We've Been Had Again cool! i saw them in concert here in slc last fall, opening up for toad the wet sprocket. i was quite impressed, particularly with their drummer. they still sounded a bit rough, but they were just dripping with omens of what they're gonna be like when they're a bit more polished. if you've ne'er heard them, keep an ear out! --jim kuemmerle, whose favorite gary oldman moment is the 'archimedes' scene from 'rosencrantz & guildenstern are dead'... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-Id: Date: Sun, 1 Feb 98 22:51 EST From: kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (Kirsten Brodbeck) Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: huffamoose, gary oldman >> Last CD purchase: Huffamoose - We've Been Had Again > >cool! i saw them in concert here in slc last fall, opening up for toad >the wet sprocket. i was quite impressed, particularly with their drummer. >they still sounded a bit rough, but they were just dripping with omens of >what they're gonna be like when they're a bit more polished. So, what are they like? Toad the Wet Sprocket-ish, TMBG-ish, or just Huffamoose-ish? Kirsten "I like new bands, and also 'Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" Brodbeck -- "That's the official rock thing, to speak for a generation, and since we've completely failed to do that, we're willing to speak for ourselves." - John Flansburgh, TMBG. *kbrodbec@remcen.ehhs.cmich.edu*Kirsten Brodbeck*AKA Crow* ------------------------------ Message-ID: <000b01bd2f8e$e9972460$46fef6ce@p60.visi.net> From: "S. Bergeron" Subject: TMBG: Flansburgh's song production +OAT Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 22:59:05 -0500 Couple of things... 1. Has anyone heard any new songs by Flans? I heard "First Kiss" at the show in Norfuck, but haven't heard anything else. This is compared to Linnell, who has "Broom," "Dr. Worm," et. al. 2. What's the new Linnell song on DAS? Very bad quality, even for DAS, but sounded something like he was taking someone on a date. Jack Bergeron idiotnot@visi.net bluedawg@tmbg.org http://www.monopuff.org/~bluedawg "BEEFCAKE!! BEEFCAKE!!"--Eric Cartman ICQ#5909618 [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/x-vcard)] ------------------------------ From: KLESLI@aol.com Message-ID: <1030ee96.34d54274@aol.com> Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 22:50:10 EST Subject: TMBG: Info club delay? Hey I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a major delay in stuff they ordered from the info club? I had some stuff ordered for me for x-mas by a very good pal and I still haven't gotten it! She said she ordered it at the end of November! Has anyone else been experiencing the same problem? Is there a number or something where I could inquire about the whereabouts of my stuff? Thanks, Les ------------------------------ Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 22:30:49 -0600 (GMT-0600) From: Amy Greenlese Subject: Re: TMBG: Info club delay? Message-ID: > Hey I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a major delay in stuff > they ordered from the info club? I"m experiencing the same delay - my stuff was ordered on 12/10, and the check is cashed, but no groovy TMBG merchandise :( I called the info club number but as usual it's just an answering machine. Maybe if we all focus our psychic energies toward Brooklyn they'll get the message and pull an all-nighter getting our stuff out! Amy :) ------------------------------ Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 00:02:21 -0500 (EST) From: Melanie Kummer Subject: Re: TMBG: Info club delay? Message-id: <01IT314LO7EU9M6ZXB@XAVIER.XU.EDU> >Hey I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a major delay in stuff >they ordered from the info club? I had some stuff ordered for me for x-mas by >a very good pal and I still haven't gotten it! She said she ordered it at the >end of November! Has anyone else been experiencing the same problem? Is there >a number or something where I could inquire about the whereabouts of my stuff? >Thanks, >Les It took a long time for me to receive my merchandise, too. Around November 11, I ordered the EPs by John Linnell and some other stuff. I ordered by mail and sent a check. The check cleared mid-December, and I *finally* received my order this past week. Two months is pretty bad. I'm glad I didn't order anything as Christmas gifts. If it would have taken any longer for my order to arrive, I was going to write and inquire about my stuff. About a year ago, I ordered the video compilation and other stuff, and it only took about a month. And that seemed long for me at the time. Melanie :) ***************************************************************************** Melanie Kummer | "Stand on your own head KUMMER@xavier.xu.edu | for a change." kummer@cerebro.xu.edu | 507726@xavier.xu.edu | - They Might Be Giants ***************************************************************************** http://xavier.xu.edu/~kummer/index.html ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-397 ******************************