Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-403 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 403 Sunday, 8 February 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: New Mono Puff pics on my page! TMBG: non, well kind of TMBGishy.. no, non...um.. Re: TMBG: non, well kind of TMBGishy.. no, non...um.. TMBG: Turn Around Chords TMBG: State of the listserv adress (Not as TMBG as it could be so delete it if you want) TMBG: tmbg fan is asking a big favor!!!! Re: TMBG: non, well kind of TMBGishy.. no, non...um.. Re: NON-TMBG: non, well kind of TMBGishy.. no, non...um.. NON TMBG: Parental Advisory...this message has a lot of profanity... TMBG: Um...more ranting, I guess (Non TMBG for all you complainers out there) TMBG: that red5 person's forged letters Re: NON TMBG: Parental Advisory...this message has a lot of TMBG: MonoPuff:Sis+Lady puff Re: TMBG: Nitpickers and Know-it-alls TMBG: detarded ensor TMBG: NON TMBG?: Mono Puff Concert Re: TMBG: detarded ensor Re: TMBG: detarded ensor Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 02:09:13 -0500 (EST) From: The Demonic Kangaroo Subject: TMBG: New Mono Puff pics on my page! Message-ID: Howdy. I have just added 50 pics from last night's Mono Puff show at the Mercury Lounge. Let me know what you think. -Mike http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/tmbg.html http://www.cybercomm.net/~tdk/lincoln.html ------------------------------ From: owner-tmbg-digest@ufp.org Message-ID: <00d501bd339d$1baf5780$5aea5fcc@red5> Subject: TMBG: non, well kind of TMBGishy.. no, non...um.. Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 02:50:28 -0500 Hello. Me AugieWan. Me not realize so many intolerant bafoons still on list. Thought great Leffel scared them away. Was wrong! HE got scared away! Too many anal retentive poopheads on list to have any fun. Ya know, I was gone for a while and I started missing this list. I couldn't quite grasp why I left in the first place. Thanks for the quick reminders! There are quite a few really great people on this list. Some have left (wonder why?) and some are still here. Most of us carry our not-so-TMBGish or off-the-beaten-path conversations on with each other off the list. (yes that's right all you tight assed bitchers - we talk behind your backs and we have fun doing it) Some times we let these conversations spill over on to the list for all to share because we see what you are contributing (hi, I like TMBG. I'm a big fan. How many people are on this list? boy, I sure do like those Giants! How bout you?) and that's if you contribute at all. There were quite a few of them that knew it was me within about 3 minutes of me firing off those messages last night and they e-mailed me about it. What did they say? "You damn fool! You're ruining the list! Stop it or we'll cry some more on the list!" NOPE, they said "That was funny" "I haven't laughed in a while because everyone around here is as dull as Monotreme3@aol.com and most of us are too tired of being yelled at for having a thought in our heads, so we just stay quiet." It's sad really, the only people on this list that contribute (that is, actually know enough to contribute) have to sit in the middle and spout out TMBG info and THAT'S ALL! While the lurkers just sit and read, sit and read, see something they don't like, whu? SLAP! SMACK! CRACK! "much better" sit and read, sit and read. Cut the crap kids, this is (at least was) the best list I've ever been on, and I know this has come up over and over. Lurker doesn't want non-tmbg stuff. Poster says to lurker go away then! Lurker gets mad says I have just as much right to be here as you and you better play by MY DAMN RULES! Well I'm going to say it again, if you don't like it, either ignore it or leave. It's quite simple. There will always be someone posting something you don't want to read. Don't cry. Don't Moan. Don't tell us about it because we care about your opinion about as much we care about Bubba's affairs. We don't! And as far as your Non-tmbg prefix... Screw that too. But don't worry about me, Im leaving again. It's not worth hearing the little kids cry all the time. I have my own children to hear cry. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go upstairs and make love to my wife. :) Have fun , Kids! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34DC15DA.B9143DAF@mindless.com> Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 03:05:48 -0500 From: Tony Lastowka Subject: Re: TMBG: non, well kind of TMBGishy.. no, non...um.. Amen, I came on here hoping to have some fun and hang out with other fans but all you have done is bitch and annoy and I even feel myself getting pulled in it too, so I'm leaving now. -Tony (The God Letter) Lastowka owner-tmbg-digest@..org wrote: > Hello. Me AugieWan. Me not realize so many intolerant bafoons still on list. > Thought great Leffel scared them away. Was wrong! HE got scared away! Too > many anal retentive poopheads on list to have any fun. > > Ya know, I was gone for a while and I started missing this list. I > couldn't quite grasp why I left in the first place. Thanks for the quick > reminders! There are quite a few really great people on this list. Some have > left (wonder why?) and some are still here. Most of us carry our > not-so-TMBGish or off-the-beaten-path conversations on with each other off > the list. (yes that's right all you tight assed bitchers - we talk behind > your backs and we have fun doing it) Some times we let these conversations > spill over on to the list for all to share because we see what you are > contributing (hi, I like TMBG. I'm a big fan. How many people are on this > list? boy, I sure do like those Giants! How bout you?) and that's if you > contribute at all. There were quite a few of them that knew it was me within > about 3 minutes of me firing off those messages last night and they e-mailed > me about it. What did they say? "You damn fool! You're ruining the list! > Stop it or we'll cry some more on the list!" NOPE, they said "That was > funny" "I haven't laughed in a while because everyone around here is as dull > as Monotreme3@aol.com and most of us are too tired of being yelled at for > having a thought in our heads, so we just stay quiet." It's sad really, the > only people on this list that contribute (that is, actually know enough to > contribute) have to sit in the middle and spout out TMBG info and THAT'S > ALL! While the lurkers just sit and read, sit and read, see something they > don't like, whu? SLAP! SMACK! CRACK! "much better" sit and read, sit and > read. Cut the crap kids, this is (at least was) the best list I've ever been > on, and I know this has come up over and over. Lurker doesn't want non-tmbg > stuff. Poster says to lurker go away then! Lurker gets mad says I have just > as much right to be here as you and you better play by MY DAMN RULES! Well > I'm going to say it again, if you don't like it, either ignore it or leave. > It's quite simple. There will always be someone posting something you don't > want to read. Don't cry. Don't Moan. Don't tell us about it because we care > about your opinion about as much we care about Bubba's affairs. We don't! > And as far as your Non-tmbg prefix... Screw that too. But don't worry about > me, Im leaving again. It's not worth hearing the little kids cry all the > time. I have my own children to hear cry. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going > to go upstairs and make love to my wife. :) Have fun , Kids! ------------------------------ Message-ID: <347F164F.39AE@stlnet.com> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 11:06:55 -0800 From: Pat Acquisto Subject: TMBG: Turn Around Chords Does anyone happen to know the accordian chords to Turn Around or the crazy inverted way Linnell plays them? nick ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01BD3367.5A68AF20@s116b.rcn.nmt.edu> From: Nick Wolf Subject: TMBG: State of the listserv adress (Not as TMBG as it could be so delete it if you want) Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 01:25:55 -0700 My fellow TMBG fans, I haven't spoken up recently, only posted a few questions here and there. I had, after all, figured that that was what this list was for: To find out more about my favorite band. Lately, I have had to post my questions two, even three times to get them noticed. Why, you ask? Because people have been so caught up in their petty bickering about what's the right way to post this or that, or who's God, that they haven't been paying attention to a damn thing. Apparently I was wrong about this list, but I'm not much of a leader, nor do I have the actual initiative needed to start . I only wish Mike Leffel were here. This listserv was perfectly fine until he left. (This is the part where we all pray for him to return, ok?) But, alas, he is nowhere to be found. I considered him 'the leader', so to speak, of the list, and now I believe we need a new one. Someone who can make us all laugh when people are being freaks. I thank all of you who didn't delete this message for reading it. As for everyone else, I'm terribly sorry for wasting the couple seconds it took you to notice 'Not as TMBG as it could be' and delete this message. I also would like to point out the irony in the fact that so many people have been posting messages, including myself, complaining about messages about people compalining. Have fun, Refund ------------------------------ From: Tmbgneat@aol.com Message-ID: <517d5b6e.34dc3033@aol.com> Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 04:58:09 EST Subject: TMBG: tmbg fan is asking a big favor!!!! today was a sad sad day for me.....i open up my cd case....ready to play a cd...and notice a HUGE crack going across my istanbul single!!.....ugh!!!....well..i am an unfortunate person in st louis who can not find this single anywhere....and the way i got this cd was a very nice person on the list told me if i sent them the money they would go to the store, buy it, and mail it to me......well.....i guess i am asking for that again.....if anyone out there knows where the single is..and can get hold of it...please, please tell me......i will repay for everything....i dont have much to trade....cept i do have over 100 mp3 stuff of tmbg...some of it is from a web site, who's owner is on this page......i can very easily put any of these on a tape and send it with money.....but please, if anyone wants to help me....please email me back!!..........thank you!....... -tmbgneat@aol.com ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 09:41:50 -0500 (EST) From: "Eric Webber (EIN tech)" Subject: Re: TMBG: non, well kind of TMBGishy.. no, non...um.. Message-Id: It's great to see what we've come to. Frustrated with the list? Don't do anything constructive. Be as insulting as you can and then give up! Do it with a fake email address! Be just as cool as the people you're insulting! I myself am just riding out all this crap. I think this stuff is self-perpetuating. If everybody tries to take it easy on each other it'll calm down. By the way, I just think it's funny that all these people who are saying 'If you don't like it, just delete it,' are complaining about getting flamed. Why don't you take your own advice? Take it easy, Wubba --- Eric Webber - Electronic Information Network desk- 412.622.1944 page- 412.272.1854 webbere@clpgh.org wubba@tmbg.org p-wolves@mailexcite.com ------------------------------ From: Monotreme3@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:21:19 EST Subject: Re: NON-TMBG: non, well kind of TMBGishy.. no, non...um.. In a message dated 2/7/98 2:57:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-tmbg- digest@ufp.org writes: > "I haven't laughed in a while because everyone around here is as dull > as Monotreme3@aol.com and most of us are too tired of being yelled at for > having a thought in our heads, so we just stay quiet." Oh my. I feel so... so... so hurt. I think what you just said ruined my whole day. Know why? Because I CARE! -Chad ------------------------------ From: Happyfroot@aol.com Message-ID: <25584c83.34dcb1cb@aol.com> Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 14:11:05 EST Subject: NON TMBG: Parental Advisory...this message has a lot of profanity... Well, right now, I'm very pissed off...(one more WARNING message before I start swearing, if you are offended by profanity, please do not continue reading.) Ok, whoever is doing all these fucking messages is really beginning to fucking annoy me. They apparently think they are damn hot shit or something, but I have one message: FUCK OFF!!! If you have no other fucking life other than TMBG that when you're bored you have to post to this goddamn list as some other fucking person, than you are the most pathetic piece of shit that I have ever seen. Granted, TMBG is not doing anything right now, but it doesn't mean you have to impersonate people, etc. etc. I really like TMBG, & I don't mind NONTMBG posts, but damn hackers doing dumb fucking things just to show off what dumb shit they can do piss me off. This list is the only list I am currently subscribed to, partially for this reason. Most other bands I like also have lists, but there are a lot of dumb fucks on those lists that crap shit out of their ass & post it. So again to the fucking moron who keeps doing that damn shit, FUCK OFF!!... Ok, my apologies to y'all on the list, but people who do such things get me so frustrated & well, if such dumb things continue, I will unsubscribe from this list, even though that pains me, because I have been on this list a while now & I liked this list, I liked the discussions, I like TMBG, but I don't like people doing crappy stuff like relaying emails through accounts. Thank you... >>Lighten up all. We will survive. I would lighten up, if it was funny, but it's not. >>Until the next tour or album or ANYTHING Giant, Um...I like TMBG, but I am not so desperate that I cling on them & have no life when they aren't doing anything, like you, apparently. >>let's all just try to love oneanother, OK? No...I'm sorry. You're a shithead. -jason "mr. hanky, the christmas poo" glastetter ------------------------------ Message-ID: <01BD33C9.04910D60@s116b.rcn.nmt.edu> From: Nick Wolf Subject: TMBG: Um...more ranting, I guess (Non TMBG for all you complainers out there) Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:05:06 -0700 Hi again, I quit...not really, I mean I'm not going to leave the list. I'm just going to watch from now on. If I do have anything important to say, maybe I'll post again. Until such time as the criteria has been met for me to give a damn again, I'll just observe. I do have a plan that may speed up my return, and probably keep a lot of other people from going as well. The plan is actually REALLY simple. Everybody just DROP IT! Just quit posting these complaining messages. I'm gonna stop right after this one, see? It can't be that hard. The first step is admitting you have a problem...er...yeah. And the second step is stopping. Ok, so follow these steps and we'll all be ok. TTYL...maybe, Refund ------------------------------ From: KdsInThHal@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 15:05:31 EST Subject: TMBG: that red5 person's forged letters > As I'm sure you all know, I wasn't the one that posted this. ;) We know, Adam.;) None of us wrote those things (btw, even if we did, I'm sure we would have all spelled "John" with an n;)) well, all I can say is that I'm going to be looking at the server name in the message header a lot more carefully from now on, I urge you all to do the same... sarah http://lava.home.ml.org ------------------------------ From: "Mr. Me" Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 15:03:49 CST Subject: Re: NON TMBG: Parental Advisory...this message has a lot of Message-ID: <64EED03FE2@athena.valpo.edu> >fucking fucking damn shit FUCK OFF!!! fucking fucking piece of shit >damn fucking shit piss dumb fucks crap shit out of their ass fucking >damn shit, FUCK OFF!!... You're a shithead. it took a little work, but i think i managed to get the general idea of that message. i really don't care who that was that posted this, but it's just as unacceptable as what got him frustrated in the first place. before you click on the 'send mail' button, think about what you're posting. i mean, ask yourself 'does the list really want to hear this?' alright, we have delete buttons on our computers, so we do have the ability to delete idiotic posts, but we also have the ability NOT TO POST STUFF. it's not that hard. i think the list, the entire list, should shut down for a few days. give people a chance to cool down and realize there is more to life than tmbg and sending useless posts to the list and then bitching about the idiots who did it. putting the list on constant observation doesn't work, maybe just shutting everybody up for a week would. my $.02. jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Instead of creating new weapons of destruction, we ought to get some use out of the ones we already have." Deep Thoughts [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: or p356jskrenes@exodus.valpo.edu 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34DA40B5.874E8A93@mix-net.net> Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 18:44:13 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: TMBG: MonoPuff:Sis+Lady puff I havn't seen Mono Puff play live yet. Anyway i think sister puff is Mrs.Flansburgh right? than who is lady puff? Thank you -Chris "Feeny" Campbell * ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hawaiian GOOD LUCK TOTEM >> >>> > > >>>> \\\|||/// >> >>> > > >>>> | | >> >>> > > >>>> - | O O | >> >>> > > >>>> / \ \ @'/ >> >>> > > >>>> # _| |_ >> >>> > > >>>> (#) ( ) >> >>> > > >>>> #\//|* *|\\ >> >>> > > >>>> #\/( * )/ >> >>> > > >>>> # ===== >> >>> > > >>>> # (\|/) >> >>> > > >>>> # || || >> >>> > > >>>> .#.-'| |---. >> >>> > > >>>> #'---' ----' This totem has been sent to you for good luck. It has been sent around the world nine times so far. You will receive good luck within four days of relaying this totem. Send copies to people you think need good luck. Don't send money as fate has no price. Do not keep this message. The totem must leave your hands in 96 hours. Send ten copies and see what happens in four days. You will get a surprise. This is true, even if you are not superstitious. Good luck, but please remember: 10 copies of this message must leave your hands in 96 hours... You must not sign on message. ------------------------------ From: NitpickR@aol.com Message-ID: <3c3b3498.34dd0266@aol.com> Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 19:55:00 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Nitpickers and Know-it-alls Hello 41- <> I couldn't resist. Well, if you're doing intros, you could put on Stingray Intro and Mission Impossible Intro. Before there was Imaginary Friend, there was Felt Tip Pen by Monopuff. Monopuff now has "Extra Crispy," also. The correct spelling is "Inna Gada Da Vida" I belive. TMBG didn't do I Might Be Giants too, Deep Blue Something did. That's just off the top of my head. <[:::^)) Adam ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 17:43:18 -0700 Subject: TMBG: detarded ensor Message-ID: <19980207.174437.12974.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! i've been dubbing bootlegs all weekend and i'm going a lil' mad but i have a question for those that have heard both versions of meet james ensor... does anyone like the slow version? my personal opinion: it blows but the fast version is totally rockin. :) anyways, i'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts... take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***February 21st: Sno-Core Tour: Primus | Blink 182 | Aquabats | Long Beach Dub All Stars (Sublime - Brad)!!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 21:10:06 -0500 Subject: TMBG: NON TMBG?: Mono Puff Concert Message-ID: <19980207.211319.7238.0.jbparke@juno.com> From: jbparke@juno.com (Jeff Parker) On Sat, 7 Feb 1998 02:09:13 -0500 (EST) The Demonic Kangaroo writes: >Howdy. I have just added 50 pics from last night's Mono >Puff show at the Mercury Lounge. Let me know what you >think. Okay, I think about 50 people have asked this so far but I'll try this again: Did anyone on this list go to the Mono Puff concert the other night, and if so how was it? Thank you, v^v Jeffro v^v "Gonna take off my shoes and smell my socks" - Beck _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-ID: Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 21:50:47 -0500 (EST) From: Lawrence P Solomon Subject: Re: TMBG: detarded ensor Excerpts from internet.music.tmbg: 7-Feb-98 TMBG: detarded ensor by JOda: Master of Yedi@jun > does anyone like the slow version? my personal opinion: it blows but the > fast version is totally rockin. :) I love the slow version, especially the intro they play before it, with the really nifty accordion solo that seems to change every time... also, the reverb on Flans' voice during it is cool... of course, I also like the slow version, because I occasionally play the song myself, and that's the only speed I can play the guitar solo... :) ------------------------------ From: Amadais@aol.com Message-ID: <3a39ddef.34dd39a0@aol.com> Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 23:50:38 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: detarded ensor does anyone have a .WAV file of the slowed-down version of Meet James Ensor that they could send me. it sounds very interesting! -Amadais ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-403 ******************************