Errors-To: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Reply-To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Sender: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Precedence: bulk From: owner-tmbg-digest@tmbg.org To: tmbg-digest@tmbg.org Subject: tmbg-list Digest #3-408 tmbg-list Digest, Volume 3, Number 408 Friday, 13 February 1998 Today's Topics: TMBG: college djs? Re: TMBG: college djs? TMBG: hearing TMBG: Lotsa TMBG fun :) Re: TMBG: college djs? Re: TMBG: Lotsa TMBG fun :) Re: TMBG:Famous People's EMail addresses....And DON'T LETS START! Re: TMBG: hypercard Re: TMBG: Conversions. Re: TMBG:Famous People's EMail addresses....And DON'T LETS START! TMBG: Spanish TMBG Page TMBG: stumpbox confirm... NON-TMBG: BNL QT on MacOS CD NON-TMBG: MONOPUFF: TRIPTOPHANE! TMBG: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... Re: TMBG: First impression/Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... TMBG: NON-tmbg: i have a cunning plan... Administrivia: If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing send mail to tmbg-digest-request@tmbg.org for instructions on how to be automatically removed. --------------------------------------------------------------------- The views expressed herein are those of the individual authors. --------------------------------------------------------------------- tmbg-list is digested with Digest 3.3d (John Relph ). ---------------------------------------------------------------------- From: "Mr. Me" Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 01:28:22 CST Subject: TMBG: college djs? Message-ID: anyone out there a college radio dj? i'm just curious to see how much airtime tmbg gets. i'm sure most commercial stations don't go beyond istanbul and particle man, but there have got to be college djs out there that play them. so if you dj for college radio, post some stuff to the list and let's see how much time tmbg gets. i usually play one to three tmbg/monopuff songs per week, a total of around 10-15 minutes, sometimes mainstream sometimes bootleg/single/rarity stuff. jeremy [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] "Instead of creating new weapons of destruction, we ought to get some use out of the ones we already have." Deep Thoughts [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] Experience the many media of Jeremy Skrenes! Email: jskrenes@athena.valpo.edu Snail: or p356jskrenes@exodus.valpo.edu 141 Wehrenberg Airwaves: Sunday nights, 12-2am 95.1, WVUR Valparaiso, IN 46383 ------------------------------ Message-Id: <3.0.1.32.19980212072800.006a7444@130.127.28.14> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 07:28:00 -0500 From: Adam Tyner Subject: Re: TMBG: college djs? A friend of mine is a DJ at WSBF here at Clemson U., and he said that the programming director says that TMBG is too mainstream to play on college radio. Personally, I think that's an insanely stupid comment, but then again, this is a station that won't let people play anything deemed "humorous" because it's not educational (and supposedly, death metal and industrial music is?)... Anyway, my friend said that they can't play bootleg stuff (station rules), but he is borrowing a couple of CDs of mine (1 Moxy Fruvous and 1 Mono Puff) for his show. :) TTYL, -Adam At 01:28 AM 2/12/98 CST, Mr. Me wrote: >anyone out there a college radio dj? i'm just curious to see how >much airtime tmbg gets. i'm sure most commercial stations don't go >beyond istanbul and particle man, but there have got to be college >djs out there that play them. so if you dj for college radio, post >some stuff to the list and let's see how much time tmbg gets. i >usually play one to three tmbg/monopuff songs per week, a total of >around 10-15 minutes, sometimes mainstream sometimes >bootleg/single/rarity stuff. /----=========================================================----\ http://www.awod.com/gallery/rwav/ctyner/ The home of He-Man, "Weird Al", Yoo-hoo, Killer Tomatoes, and more! Demented music list admin O- MiSTie #67,326 ------------------------------ From: mjames@envy.loyola.edu (Matthew James) Message-Id: <9802120425.AA04749@envy.loyola.edu> Subject: TMBG: hearing Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:25:41 -0500 (EST) Kinda like a sighting but I heard it. I heard "Someone Keeps Moving My Chair" about 10 minutes ago on WRNR 103.1 in Annapolis maryland! It was pretty excellent and you can leave it up to those guys to not just play the singles. Always great to hear. Matt -- Matt James mjames@greed.loyola.edu Loyola College in Baltimore, MD Bruce Campbell Gazette: www.bcgazette.com ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 07:12:07 -0700 Subject: TMBG: Lotsa TMBG fun :) Message-ID: <19980212.071316.3686.1.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! >On the thought of drunkeness, I couldn't help but to wonder, do the >Johns drink alot? Has anybody ever seen them plastered? john and john claim that the reason they still look so young is hard liquor... i've always heard flans talking about drinking never heard linny talk about it... but then again you rarely hear linny talk about anything so... >Hey, well, I remember reading off the FAQ site or something that > Linnell said he wasn't too fond of alcohol...okay, I'm done. teehee... which prolly means he's the alcoholic :) >And another thing... does anyone have any Lincoln or David >Bryne mp3s... or even just clips from the album... hey someone tell me if i've been hallucinating again... but did i hear somewhere that brian dewan designed one of david byrne's cd covers? >And does anyone really *like* House Of Mayors? mmm... it's interesting i dig WYLMIDAYDIM... > I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that They have released >a new CD ever other year? yeah and did anyone notice that there's a secret song on FS?!?! >ps: someone mentioned the guitar remix and i just have to >say that if there was any song by tmbg that i'm really not crazy >about- that would be it. i always go into this annoying coma-like >state when ever i listen to it. (and i'm sure someone's going to > beat me down for this comment! :) i mentioned it... my advice to you... don't ever go to a rave. >"we've already played this song once, but it's on the setlist twice, so..." what song was that? what show was that at? take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***Now, with...: punctuation - (for easy); reading!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:55:42 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: Re: TMBG: college djs? Message-ID: On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Adam Tyner wrote: > Personally, I think that's an insanely stupid comment, but then > again, this is a station that won't let people play anything deemed > "humorous" because it's not educational (and supposedly, death metal and > industrial music is?)... ahem... james k. polk... why does the sun shine?... mammal... dinner bell... etc.... your friend's radio station needs a big slap upside the missing head... --jim kuemmerle, calling the men of science to let them hear this song... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ From: Strawbos69@aol.com Message-ID: Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:12:39 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Lotsa TMBG fun :) In a message dated 98-02-12 09:37:27 EST, tmbgirl@juno.com writes: < >"we've already played this song once, but it's on the setlist twice, so..." > what song was that? what show was that at? Seattle, March 1997, Spiraling Shape "We'll play it faster this time" ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34E09A95.120FBDF2@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 14:21:13 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: Re: TMBG:Famous People's EMail addresses....And DON'T LETS START! Well, I do and don't believe John F. (or the stupid person that is not him). I want to believe him, but there is still a part of me that can't. So for all you people who say I (feeny) believe him (John) are right and wrong at the same time : -0. He/She/It has e-mailed me a number of times, I have heard John F. talking before and he has used the same "slang". So stop fighting over if i'm right or not and just go about reading the list. I was listing to Don' t LS and I realized something: D, world destruction. Over and overture. N, do I need apostrophe'? T, need this torture? DON'T as in Don't Lets Start! Has anyone ever realized this before, or am I just slow? -Chirs "Feeny" Campbell [Attachment omitted, unknown MIME type or encoding (text/html)] ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34E09F42.68975B90@mix-net.net> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 14:41:08 -0400 From: CCampbell Subject: Re: TMBG: hypercard I have tried a number of times in the past to get that JH stack f rom the Elektra page, could someone send it to me? it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you :-) Thank you :-) Thank you :-) Thank you :-) Thank you :-) Thank you :-) -Chris "Feeny" Campbell ------------------------------ From: WeirdGiant@aol.com Message-ID: <6084d6b5.34e35a70@aol.com> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:24:14 EST Subject: Re: TMBG: Conversions. In December I invited some friends to go with me to see Them. None of the people I invited were fans but they thought concerts were always cool and decided to go. The concert was an absolute blast and the two friends I brought became instant friends (I had also already converted another). One of them has Apollo and the other has all of them (excluding singles, etc.) It seems like I convert people to a lot of stuff. Weird Al, Warcraft 2, various other pc games.. ~Ryan "Tintin" Leach ------------------------------ From: DrWormX@aol.com Message-ID: <2a7318b6.34e36a00@aol.com> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:30:38 EST Subject: Re: TMBG:Famous People's EMail addresses....And DON'T LETS START! I surely hope mr feeny was kidding, for if he wasn't, I nominate him to lose his posting priveleges. If you've listened to DLS like 2 times, you should have noticed that. So, in responce to your question, you're just slow. Matt Turn around, turn around, there's a human skull on the ground You're so 1990, and it's 1994 A bad-ass mother G.I.Joe, for your little mind to blow http://members.tripod.com/~drworm ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34E34729.9E1@bitel.es> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:02:01 +0100 From: Enrique Alberich Subject: TMBG: Spanish TMBG Page Hello, the new version of my TMBG page is on the net. 128 TMBG songs translated into spanish. It includes corrections and new songs. And the "Number Three" section (with #3 in various languages). Enjoy it at: http://www.bitel.es/personales/nanho/ Greetings. -------Fernando------- ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:37:15 -0700 Subject: TMBG: stumpbox confirm... Message-ID: <19980212.153722.3686.3.TMBgirl@juno.com> From: tmbgirl@juno.com (JOda: Master of Yedi) hEY HEy! i was listening to stumpbox 2 and was wondering if anyone could tell me what show they sang 'yellow submarine' at... kurt hoffman is playing so i'm gonna guess some time around '94? thanks! :) take it easy, JOrdaN http://www2.netcom.com/~arnot/joda/bootlegs.html ***February 21st : Swatch Sno-Core Tour!*** ***February 22nd : the Mr. T Experience!*** _____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866] ------------------------------ Message-Id: From: Bob Gonsalves Subject: NON-TMBG: BNL QT on MacOS CD Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 17:52:04 -0800 "While you are surfing the 8.1 CD be sure to check out the Quicktime movie in the CD Extras : Quicktime Sample folder. Tucked away is a full-length (61 MB) wide format music video: The Old Apartment by Bare Naked Ladies. The video also appears on the Mac OS 8.0 CD. BNL fans may want to check it out." ------------------------------ Message-Id: <1.5.4.32.19980213015257.0067986c@Cybnetonline.com> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:52:57 -0600 From: "The Lil' Depressed Boy" Subject: NON-TMBG: MONOPUFF: TRIPTOPHANE! TRIPTOPHANE! I FINALLY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS! Thank you Jerry Seinfield! LDB -- (this site cuts the amount of URL's I put in my Sig) My Web Page Index: http://www.cybnetonline.com/users/njack/ TMBG | D.U.M.B. NEWS | Mr. Gone Font ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:17:36 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... Message-ID: tryptophan is one of the 20 amino acids used to make proteins: 1) tryptophan (abbreviated Trp or W), which is indeed the active ingredient in thanksgiving-induced sleepiness... also warm milk, if i remember correctly... 2) tyrosine (Tyr, Y), 3) arginine (Arg, R), 4) lysine (Lys, K) (don't ask why it's K... nobody knows.) 5) phenylalanine (Phe, F) (look on the next yogurt you buy: there's a warning for phenylketonurics, who can't use phenylalanine properly)... 6) glycine (Gly, G) the simplest amino acid: there's suggestive evidence that it may be out in 'empty' space -- very exciting news for us life-on-other-planets type folk... 7) glutamine (Gln, Q) 8) glutamate (Glu, E) which is also a very important chemical signal used in the brain... 9) asparagine (Asn, N) 10) aspartate (Asp, D) no relation to aspartame, better known as nutrasweet... 11) leucine (Leu, L) too bad it was glycine they found in space, because if it was leucine, they could hypothesize that leucine fell to earth as part of an meteorite of crystallized carbon and 'seeded' the primordial soup -- the 'leucine in the sky with diamonds' hypothesis... 12) methionine (Met, M) 13) alanine (Ala, A) 14) isoleucine (Ile, I) so called because it's got the exact same atoms as leucine, just arranged differently... 15) cysteine (Cys, C) which is extremely important to protein structure, because two cysteines can form a covalent bond to each other. this is so important that some people in italy built a chapel to honor this, the greatest of amino acids... 16) valine (Val, V) 17) serine (Ser, S) 18) threonine (Thr, T) 19) histidine (His, H) which is related chemically to histamines, the stuff you take anti-histamines to counteract... 20) proline (Pro, P) which isn't technically speaking an amino acid at all, but it's close. it's got other very important structural properties. no proline chapels are known to be in the works, though... there's also a 21st one, called selenocysteine, which is the only other amino acid to be used during protein synthesis, but it's not encoded by the DNA -- never mind. selenocysteine is too much to go into here, and i don't have any horrible puns for it yet... thanks for your patience with my science fixation, --jim kuemmerle, whose plan to convert you all to a profound love of biology has been shot to pieces by this impulsive post... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ Message-ID: <34E3C0BD.98D@rica.net> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:41:20 -0500 From: Joey Groah Subject: Re: TMBG: First impression/Non-tmbg: tryptophan and the other amino acids... I first saw/heard TMBG late in the evening on a repeat of the old Dave Letterman Show (which seems to have resurfaced on the new Dave Letterman Show). I clicked on the t.v. and it was mysteriously on the E channel. I sat down and watched these guys sing about palindromes or something. Couldn't get the song out of my head. Wow, I was in high school then. Scary. Drove out the next day and got Apollo 18 used on eight-tr...err, tape from the same jerks who, when I asked about the band, told me TMBG broke up, and there was no TMBG merchandise. Bastards. > thanks for your patience with my science fixation, > > --jim kuemmerle, whose plan to convert you all to a profound love of > biology has been shot to pieces by this impulsive post... Jim's trying to make me learn outside of class! He's just speculating abuout wild "science" rumors! Just today I found a mistake in my lit. book crediting Amy Lowell's brother Percival with Clyde Tombaugh's discovery of Pluto. Oh sure, Percy knew there was a Planet X, but wasn't able to find it. And we all know Planet X is where all those monsters come from, and the place they took Mike Leffel. Joey, blah blah blah ------------------------------ Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:02:47 -0700 (MST) From: J Kuemmerle Subject: TMBG: NON-tmbg: i have a cunning plan... Message-ID: On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Joey Groah wrote: > Jim's trying to make me learn outside of class! drat! and i would've succeeded, too, if it hadn't been for you nosy kids... er... non-nosy... kids... uh... > He's just speculating abuout wild "science" rumors! just ponder THIS, mr. groah -- every single monk who helped gregor mendel with his pea plants is DEAD. coincidence? i think not! > Just today I found a mistake in my lit. book crediting Amy Lowell's > brother Percival with Clyde Tombaugh's discovery of Pluto. Oh sure, > Percy knew there was a Planet X, but wasn't able to find it. (percival, from within the lowell household:) damn! amy? AMY! ... have you by chance seen where i put that planet x this time? i can never seem to find it! > And we all know Planet X is where all those monsters come from, and the > place they took Mike Leffel. --jim kuemmerle, who knows all this stuff EXTRA well, being from Roswell and all... j.kuemmerle@m.cc.utah.edu http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/4668/ ------------------------------ End of tmbg-list Digest #3-408 ******************************